[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mechagirl Pit Fighter Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: Scorpio 3C.jpg (120 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Scorpio 3C.jpg
120 KB, 600x900
The continuing story of desperation and violence.

Victory!
Victory!....

You aren't sure whether you'd count it as your first "real" fight, Diana went down easy, but it was your first time in an arena.

And you won!

Your neurons buzz with electric happiness and pride.

You and your crew stand on the subway landing waiting for your car. Behind you lights and sounds boil from the excited arena you left behind echoing and flashing on the stonework hall. Expressionless suits and enforcer bots talk into wrist mounted portables.

"Hey guy! Did you see the fight? I won!" You exclaim happily to one.

His sunglasses give you an askew glance. And that's it.

He's no fun...

Mr. S's lips curve into a smile under his mustache. He beams at you with the pride of a man who sees a plan working exactly as it should. Mr. E smiles to himself and nods as he consults numbers on his portable. He thinks of potential matches and potential winnings.

Mr. P shuffles close to you. "Good job Lesath..." He mumbles. Your audio receptors barely pick him up.

It's a shame that the only one that seems the least excited about your fight outside the arena is Mr. P.... You wonder when you're next fight will be? They say the opponent is undefeated...

WHAT DO WE SAY/DO?

SHOULD WE MENTION OUR OFFER TO DIANA? OR SHOULD WE JUST WAIT FOR THE CAR? SHOULD WE TRY TALKING TO ANY OF THE MISTERS?
>>
>>46115926
Remind me again what we offered Diana, please.
Also, nice to see you weren't discouraged from continuing this.
>>
>>46115926
Let's ask for an upgrade

Also I thought we were fighting the Oni.
>>
>>46115926
>I wanna keep the Grandma, I can have her right?
>>
>>46116042
We can smooth out the details when we plan and upgrade. In character we only know about Fox Fire. We don't know that we're about to be involved in a plot to kick the Yakuza out of Nexus.

>>46116002
We were rather vague. We offered her the chance to come with us and combine her knowledge and experience with new hardware. Lots of ways to interpret it.
>>
>>46116108
Sounds good to me.
Voting that we tell them about the deal.
If it comes to it I'm sure we can persuade them somehow. I'm assuming we'd have to buy Diana? She can't be too expensive, considering how old she is, and what just happened, and for a newly made robot with only one fight under her belt, an old pro mentor would be a great investment.
>>
>>46116108
I am honestly hoping to turn Diana into our robot concubine
>>46116045
I like this response
>>46116042
>ask for upgrade
>hey dads? Can I have some new features since I did SOOOO well in my first match?
>>46115926
>Talking to the Misters
>Hey, guys, back when I was fighting Diana...I felt a little let down that she didn't put up much of a fight...does one of you know why that is?

Also praise be to Quest guy/Bookmaker
>>
File: traditional location.gif (5 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
traditional location.gif
5 MB, 640x480
Oh boy, lewdbot quest is go!
>ask for upgrade
>>
>>46116042
>>46116248

"Hey dads!" You say to your misters. "I want to punch things even harder! I made that military grade shield quake, I bet I could do even more with the right upgrades!"

"In due time soldier." Mr. S replies. "We just need the credits to clear and Mr. E can start improving your weaponry. I'll be improving your mind. Hologram training. Simple brawling won't get you far. You need to learn techniques."

Hologram training...you have files on that. Could be fun. It's a shame the holograms don't have any weight though. Nothing to crunch or crush...

"Don't you worry you bread winning psycho-bitch." Mr. E grins. "You turned a pretty penny back there. And there's nothing to repair. I'll get you a nice present...." He continues to look happily at his portable.

(We can spend our 10 credits and 5 knowledge at the base when we get back)

>>46116045
>>46116168
>>46116248
>I wanna keep the Grandma, I can have her right?

The Misters stare at you.

"...You want the scrap pile? Why?" Mr. E asks. "Naw. We'll get you a nice prize later. That little champion Fox Fire...I handle things right, the Yaks might actually wager her for one of your parts..." He muses more to himself than to you. "But no. Scrap Piles take money to keep."

"...Why do you want her?" Mr. S asks simply. "For what purpose?"

DO WE TAKE NO AS AN ANSWER OR ARGUE FOR TAKING DIANA?
>>
>>46116391
Argue that her experience will be a powerful investment.
>>
>>46116391
>Take no for an answer
Why do we want her again? Pity?
>>
>>46116391
>I wanna poke around her files more! There was good stuff in there!
>>
>>46116391
She knows a bunch! I mean sure her chassis is rubbish but she had good data!
>>
>>46116454
>>46116507
>>46116437
>She knows a bunch! I want to poke around her files some more, there was good stuff in there! I mean her chassis is rubbish but she had good data!

"It could be good for you to have a sparring partner with weight for your training..." Mr. S thoughtfully strokes his beard. "We were considering a basic sparring drone but if you've somehow grown attached to her..."

Mr. E rolls his eyes and pockets his portable. "Alright." He says getting up in your face. "Fucking dumbass programmer..." He mumbles to himself as he sticks a utility tool and a finger in front of your visual receptors. "Look here you stupid bitch." He presses a switch on the side of the utility tool and a sharp edged instrument unfurls from a tiny pool of nanite paste. He presses his finger against it and red liquid seeps out.

"See this? I'm damaged. A leak in my outer armor. It'll seal up on its own in a little, and I'll be fine. That's not how its like for you. You take a ding, no matter how small, and we...I...have to fix it. I'm not even talking about dings from battle. Pure entropy is always grinding you down. You exist on a dedicated maintenance fund. You all do."

"She might have some funds set aside." Mr. S suggests.

"She's an independent. Those barely make enough to exist. And you want her to spar with her... And what's more, odds are a social worker will be looking for her. You want a bounty hunter to start taking interest in us?"

Mr. S narrows his brow at you. "...Is there any chance you might have...told her something while you were on the ground with her? Something you might have told her while compassion was hot on your mind?"

"Tch. Compassion..." Mr. E scoffs. "Like she has..." His eyes go wide. "...Ah fuck robot. You didn't!"

We did.

"...Did you want to help her?" Mr. P whispers to you. "...We can do that, you know..."

"No we fucking can't!" Mr. E snarls. "The fuck are we, a charity?"

-cont
>>
Hi, new reader here, just wondering if it is only two threads of previous material so far, and if there is any info, namely details, about the setting that would be helpful to have before delving into them in the archives.
>>
>>46116742
"Lesath." Mr. S says looking you in the eye. "We are an operation. We have plans and balances. You can't just do things on your own without consulting us first."

WHAT DO WE SAY TO THIS? DO WE ACT REBELLIOUS?

"Oh fuck off. You rip her arm clean off and now you what, want a fuck buddy?" Mr. E glares at Mr. P. "You know, I blame you for this. You and whatever custom nightmare you put in her neural net."

"Like it or not, she is what she is now and we have to work with it." Mr. S says. "Would it make you feel...comfortable to have her around? It's important you feel comfortable. For the sake of your performance."

"...It should help with her neural growth to have a...friend....I mean, a peer...I mean..." Mr. P tries to explain.

"No. No way. If the scrap pile comes around asking for scraps like a dog I'm calling a scrapper out after her." Mr. E protests.

"This is not the kind of setback you make it out to be." Mr. S replies. "If this is how you act with a problem this...minimal, I dread to think how you'll act-"

"Get fucked." Mr. E interrupts. "You want her to have a fuck buddy, fine. But don't expect me to do any work on her. She wants a new arm YOU can make it for her."

WHAT DO WE SAY? DO WE WANT A "FRIEND"? DO WE INTIMATE MR. E? ARE WE FINE WITH HER NOT REPAIRING OR WORKING ON HER?
>>
>>46116876
There's only the two other threads. But if you want more details about anything, just ask.

I didn't intend to put real effort into this quest, but given the (surprising and disturbing) amount of interest /tg/ has shown I'm going to devote some real effort into world building and character development as the story unfolds.
>>
>>46116887
>She wants a new arm YOU can make it for her."

>FINE WE WILL!

ANd start downloading whatever info would be relevant
>>
>>46116887
>ARE WE FINE WITH HER
>WITH HIM
>>
>>46116887
Nah, we don't need a "friend".
>>
>>46116934
People like robot fighting, what can I say.

>>46116887
>Fine, we will!

Couldn't hurt to learn how to handle our own repairs in case shit hits the fan in some form, since you signaled a few reasons that we may have to worry about running solo. Besides, watching people try and make their own gear in this sort of concept can be rather fun.
>>
>>46116887
>Do we want a "friend"?
No.
>>
>>46117001
Supporting.

Just finished reading the other two, looks like fun.
>>
>>46116887
>Just drop it
Her experience is incompatible with us anyway guys. She's an archer who tries to stay away from her opponents. We're a close range crusher. It's useless.
>>
File: yes, this.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
yes, this.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>46116887
>>46116950
That sounds like a good idea.
It would actually be pretty great to be able to repair ourselves. I really think we should go with that.
>>
>>46116887
"Fine, don't fix her. You'd probably fuck up the body anyway"
If I'm remembering that Diane had marble pieces
>>
>>46117050
Actually, put that way, it's not as incompatible as you may think. She possibly has experience evading a number of foes like us, tactics that others like her may use against bots like us. Learning those measures, as well as the pros and cons of them that we could use to capitalize on an enemy's evasive maneuvers, could be pretty useful.
>>
>>46116887
Drop it.
>>
>>46117053
>>46117158
These are good points.
>>
>>46116887
Let's just drop the topic.
>>
So I have to ask... what time is AM for you?
Because I'd like to be around for quests but the fact you might start running at AM is worrying me.
>>
>>46117001
Seconding, we should learn to handle repairs ourselves, and she might offer other insights

>>46117050
What if we get into a team match sometime? Could help to already have a ranged partner we know how to work with
>>
>>46117065
Marble coating.

>>46117065
>>46117053
>>46117041
>>46117001
>>46116950
>>46117270

>"Get Diana" Wins

"FINE!" You shout at Mr. E. "We'll fix her ourselves! You'd probably fuck up the body anyway!"

Mr. E blinks at you. Then starts to laugh. Hard.

"Ohhhhh boyyyyy...." He says sucking in air, standing doubled over. "You want to fix her up? After crushing her arm into powder? Hat off to you Mr. P, you really are worth your cut that's one third of my own."

He glares at you. "Can't wait to see what kind of play-do appendage you make her. Would be great for a laugh."

You start sorting files on repair and maintenance into a sub folder. You're going to start allocating resources into learning to repair yourself. And others.

"Just what are you going to fix her up with? Air?" He smirks. "Maybe rocks? There's lots of them around here, you might as well start collecting!"

"...You're rather daring." Mr. S says thoughtfully. "You're giving responses I'd never have considered you making. You're a surprising creature Lesath. That's good. You have opinions, even if I don't agree with them. That's very good. Please don't be crossed with Mr. E. He isn't worth it."

Mr. E's face grows red. "Well, do YOU want to pay for the material so that our FIGHTING robot can REPAIR a scrap heap Sarge? Is that what you want to do? Is this some of that "tactical insight" we're paying you for?"

"My insight is this. A willful soldier will defeat a slave, all other things being equal. A imaginative soldier will defeat a dullard, all things being equal. She is imperfect and undisciplined. But Mr. P did well in developing her imagination and assertiveness."

Mr. S looks at us. "How do you purpose to get the materials for Diana Lesath? That is a problem. Can you find the solution?"

He awaits our response, eager curiosity twinkling in his eyes.

DO WE ASK FOR MATERIALS? MAYBE EVEN A...SALARY? OUR OWN ROOM AT THE WAREHOUSE?

NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE DEMANDS AND FLEX OUR MUSCLES IF WE WANT
>>
>>46117158
Only if they have the same experience she does.

>>46117351
A partner with a garbage chassis? She'd just drag us down, and we're not rich enough to give her a good one.
>>
>>46117384
>Ask for a salary and a room.
This way we won't seem too demanding, and we'll be able to have our own "alone time" with her.
>>
>>46117384
Demand a Salary, if they claim to not have the cash tell them to have someone start putting bets on us for them, we're gonna be winning anyway
>>
>>46117384
We need to enrich our mind too, right? See rock, try and figure out how to make statues, possibly profit? Well, in addition to

>Ask for a salary and a room

Be the most surprising robot we can be!
>>
>>46117323
Central time. I'm a North Louisiana burger. As for what hour, I'm not sure. The idea was basically if my erratic sleep schedule has me waking up at 2 AM with time on my hands should I run a quest or not.

The way the strawpoll is doing I think I might try running one or two games that way, but only for Mechquest. Sorry if that's excluded you from participating.

>>46117351
>team match
This could be interesting. Right now our rating is high. Putting us in a team match with a low-ranked partner could keep our overall rating low (for awhile) and open up options for us.

Owning other girls is tricky. They cost money to keep but if we use them right they can more than pay for themselves.

For instance, if we get Fox Fire the money will start rolling in just for HAVING her. Of course that will present its own share of problems, especially when we start receiving conflicting requests for what to do with her. The Yaks will want her back with minimal exploitation. The mob will want us to whore her out. And leak the videos to the web. We can accept money from one of the other...or press our luck and try screwing both the mob and yakuza.
>>
>>46117384
Demand a salary for now, for winning your first fight without a scratch?
>>
>>46117523
>Leak the videos. We must do this, and get rich.
>>
>>46117523
Nah I'm honestly relieved that I get to be part of the voting for the other one.
>>
Caught ya, QG! This ones admittedly easier to follow than the Sibella and Pals...mainly cause there's less material right now.

Still, you got a pleasurable writing style.

Gonna participate a bit and lurk!

o7
>>
>>46117812
Oh hey there!
Onee-sama, notice me!
>>
>>46117630
>>46117490
>>46117471
>>46117448
"I want a salary! And a room! I finished her off without a scratch, I think I deserve it!"

Mr. E snarls. "Well. good." He says staring down the track, hoping the car will hurry up. "There's nothing I object to in that. You can have the rooms upstairs in the warehouse. Only think in them is old furniture, beds and shit. Have as many rooms as you fucking want. And if you want a salary talk to THEM. It's not coming out of MY cut."

You stare expectantly at the other two Misters. As usual its Mr. S that speaks up.

"I've never negotiated with a robot before." He says smiling. "Truly, truly this is a strange life I've found myself in....how would you feel about...ten percent of winnings. As a start. You back up that pride of yours with actions, we'll increase it."

(our CREDIT amount is our war chest. Basic maintenance and the cuts of the three Misters are already factored out of it. In Character, we don't own a cent of it. But that's changing...)

DO WE ACCEPT 10 PERCENT OF WINNINGS AS OUR SALARY? DO WE ARGUE FOR MORE?
>>
>>46117976
Ten sounds fair enough as an up and comer. Straining our relation with the three by getting greedy is bad.
>>
>>46117812
Thanks for coming! I wanted to run Mechquest this week because shit gets real in Sibella and secrets get revealed and because I want to solidify the basic mechanics of this quest.

And because I want to see how far we'll press our luck in our war against the Yakuza.
>>
>>46117976
Ten is fair, for a start. Ask about putting bets on our self.
>>
>>46117976
>Accept for, revisit after we beat down the undefeated champ
>>
>>46118038
I feel you on secrets. It's the same on my end in Henshin, and I'm so pumped people are starting to theorize and ask me shit about the world.
>>
>>46117976
It's good enough for now.
>>
>>46117976
Ten is a fair start, but ask what it will take to earn a bigger cut.
>>
>>46118056
>Ask about putting bets on our self.
This seems like something we should do, especially while we're the underdog and can get good odds on ourself.
>>
>>46117976
Ten sounds perfect for this far, just ask if there is anything we can do to both grow our mind and our earnings-never hurts to consider a hobby, right? Or we could possibly put some strength to use with the occasional odd job.
>>
>>46118038
So Bm, if we win a lot will the Yaks try and get us to throw fights to rake in the dosh? How bad will it get for our Misters (lord, calling them that is kind of kinky and I don't know why) if we refuse?
>>
>>46118056
>>46118015
>>46118058
>>46118069
>>46118087

You accept the offer of ten percent

POCKET: 1 CREDIT
WARCHEST:9 CREDIT

>Ask about betting on our self
"Cocky, are we?" Mr. E sneers over his shoulder.

"It's your money. You can do what you want with it. You give me what you want to bet on whichever fight you choose and I'll put it on you." Mr. S replies.

>What will it take to earn a bigger cut?

"Taking down Fox Fire will more than earn you a raise. You're eager to fight her, aren't you? But you might want to consider our...plan of attack first. We'll talk more at the base."

The train pulls into the landing. "Thank GOD..." Mr. E mumbles as he jumps inside.

Mr. S strides over to one of the mob goons and scribbles something on a portable. "Show this address to the defeated robot. Tell her will we meet her at it and talk about her business with us." The suit nods and walks inside the arena.

"Well come on!" Mr. E shouts impatiently from a cracked window. "We got shit to plan if you guys aren't too busy playing Daddy with the hardware!"

RETURN TO BASE AND SEE DIANA LATER? OR SEE IF DIANA WANTS TO COME HOME WITH US NOW?

>>46118221
It all depends on how exactly we go about things. If we take down Fox Fire they'll be after our blood, and will expect SOME sort of kickback for taming their top fighter. Underworld code lets us get away with a lot--up until a point.

If we refuse we might want to consider home security for the warehouse.
>>
>>46118338
Into the base we go.
>>
>>46118338
>RETURN TO BASE AND SEE DIANA LATER?
Give the ol'girl some privacy so she can meet us on her terms.

Plus we get a room! Time to stake our claim in the warehouse.
>>
>>46118338
Probably best to return to the base. We're good, but going up against someone who's undefeated, we might want to prepare as much as we can.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 423x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 423x398
>>46118338
>See if Diana wants to come home with us now.

Might as well take her now.
If you know what I mean.
>>
>>46118410
It weirds me out if we're gonna lewd Diana.

cause that's really close to my name
>>
>>46118338

>>46118172
"Hey dads, I know about the hologram training and everything but...is there something I should do to acquire some skills? Like a hobby or something?"

Mr. E jerks a thumb at Mr. P. "W-Well..." He says shuffling his feet. "You want to uh, fix up your friend? That could be a good start of a hobby...don't just think about utility when you do it...." His voice drops to a whisper. "She put marble on top of her functional armor. Just because she liked how it looked. Consider that. Run your uh, neural net over "art" "asthetics" and "art theory"....if you, you know, got time..."

...art and repair...you hadn't thought those two had any connection until now. You thought her marble covering was just one more of Diana's weaknesses. She put that on her armor intentionally? Why? For what purpose?

You neural net hums with images of statues.

They're like, still robots. They don't seem to have a use. But people still make them. They've made them for a long time. As far back as when people only lived on Earth.

...Did she want to be a statue? Why?

Your neural net has data. But few answers. It has definitions of beauty. And emotion. And art. But its all so abstract and indefinite...

...What does Diana think about "art"?

What do the misters think about "art"?

...You have so many questions....

IS ART AN ACCEPTABLE HOBBY TO FURTHER EXPLORE?
>>
>>46118475
Nah.
>>
>>46118475
Sure, I want us to start looking into Decals
>>
>>46118475
>IS ART AN ACCEPTABLE HOBBY TO FURTHER EXPLORE?
We should get into welding!
And weld all the bots who fall before us into a giant statue of us in a victory pose!
>>
>>46118475
>Art is acceptable.
We can make ourselves look stylish and functional.
>>
>>46118475
>What does Diana think about "art"?
Then yeah, let's take on art and chat with our new friend about it
>>
>>46118475
Laseth is a rough and tumble girl, so being artsy in a delicate way is out of place. Have her learn tagging so we can get a spray paint attachment and tag shit everywhere, especially opponents.
>>
>>46118475
>>46118634
This.
>>
>>46118603
This.

>>46118634
Hey, the artsy part of it could be her "soft side". Y'know?
>>
>>46118475
>>46118634
>>46118645
Thirding, I feel it would be in Lesath's personality.
>>
>>46118634
>>46118645
>>46118475
Ill support this as well
>>
>>46118634
>>46118645
>>46118711
>>46118715
four votes, eh? i'll go with the majority
>>
>>46118399
>>46118396
>>46118353

You neural net is bloated with stimulation. You sit on a bench and hear it whine under your weight. You look out dirty windows at the ruined subway. You don't really -think- about it. You're a little tired for that. You don't think of definitions or figures or historical summaries. You just...look out the window.

You just look at it all. The dark shadows and brown bricks and rust-orange tracks that lead to cave ins or sealed off tunnels and other places that don't exist anymore on maps.

You just look. And you find pleasure in looking.

You find pleasure in how it looks...

...You think they call this an "impression"...

....art. Huh.

We can use art to make an impression. Just like how our fists make impressions...just in a different way...

You start to look up "violent" and "impactul" forms of art.

Illegal art.

Art by urban warriors.

Graffiti. Tagging.

...You think you're getting an idea of what to do with your hobby...

>>46118634
>>46118645
This could be really fun. Anyone got an idea for a tag?

Imagine rating a beaten opponent and spray painting them gold or silver or bronze and them taking them home as our trophy...

>>46118353
>>46118396
>>46118399
>Return to base

Sorry guys that wanted to pick up Diana (I already started writing). She'll join us a little later.
>>
>>46118809
Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Iron, Copper, Tin, Aluminum, Plastic, Wood, etc
>>
>>46118809
Well, if you want to combine form and function, Lesath could potentially have a head weapon that she could store spray paint in, so that she could use it against an up close fighter by trying to blind them. After all, nothing like a fresh coat of paint to blind the sensors, right?
>>
>>46118809
>>46118918
Retractable Sprayer in the hands. We could tag the Scorpio Constellation, in different colours depending on how good of a challenge they were like >>46118842
>>
>>46118971
>depending on how good of a challenge they were
Nice. I'm definitely fine with this
>>
>>46118809

THE WAREHOUSE

The lights flick themselves on as the doors slide themselves open. An old hover-truck sits on cinderblocks in the corner. Empty, plastic crates sit crammed in the corners. An aluminum staircase leads up to the second floor.

The slab you were born on sits in the center surrounded by spare parts and maintenance waldos.

"Go knock yourself out kill bot." Mr. E jabs a finger to the second floor. "All yours." He picks up a collapsible chair against the wall and jerks it into shape. He sets it against a cheap plastic table off to the side and slouches into it. "We're going to be down here talking business." He waves the other two misters to join him.

DO WE GO UPSTAIRS TO DECORATE, OR DO WE JOIN THEM IN TALKING BUSINESS?
>>
>>46119024
Let's join em for now. When Diana gets here she can help decorate/keep us company while we do
>>
>>46119024
It's time to talk some business.
>>
>>46118971
>not tagging in order of Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra and with Scorpio reserved for opponents who've earned our respect by just barely failing to beat us
>>
>>46119024
>DO WE JOIN THEM IN TALKING BUSINESS
We need to talk tactics. Figure out Fox Fire's style and think of countermeasures.
>>
>>46118809
Spray them bronze for losing. Silver if we really respect them. Gold is only for those we consider worthy. We alone are platinum.
>>
>>46119024
Talk business
Time to know our plan of attack
>>
>>46119081
Taurus would be last because of the rivalry.
We'd probably put Cancer, Libra and Scorpio for Third, Second, First respectively. And have 12 different colours for each constellation.
>>46119119
I think you mean Diamond/Titanium.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>46118918
Kinda like Striking Scorpions mandible blasters, would be cool. We would need to be able to move it for finesse though

>>46119024
>DO WE GO UPSTAIRS TO DECORATE
I think Mister.E has had enough of our attempts at business so let's give him a break.

We should go up and break our new place in like the excited little hellion we are.

Also voting for the constellation as a battle tag for respected opponents. We can just draw goofy shit on any who don't make the cut.
>>
>>46119081
>>46119079
>>46119057

"I want to hear about this." You say grabbing your own chair and claiming a corner of the table. "I have to make sure you don't decide anything stupid."

"Don't break the chair." Mr. S says.

"Relax dad. I know how much psi it takes to warp this sort of metal." You unfold the chair very gently and place its four legs on the ground. "See?"

"Um..." Mr. S barely has time to stutter out a warning before we try sitting in the chair like we saw Mr. E do.

We hit the concrete on our ass.

Everyone stares at us.

Social algorithms suggest we say something.

WHAT DO WE SAY?
>>
>>46119222
>Say how much do I weigh? I realize that this is important knowledge to have
>>
>>46119222
>>46119150
>>46119185
We should also carve the Scorpio Constellation and Upsilon symbol on our chest as our symbol.
>>46119222
"C'mon now, get me another chair."
>>
>>46119222
Sit. Ross legged on the floor. Make it look intentional
>>
>>46119222
>ow
but in an inorganic tone
>>
>>46119222
"Pretend that never happened. We will never speak of it again."
>>
>>46119280
Supporting this.
>>
>>46119222
Is no one going to offer a lady their chair!?
>>
>>46119280
I support this.
"Go on..."
>>
>>46119280
This.
>>
>>46119222
If anyone (Mr. E) laughs can we harpoon their chair from underneath them?
>>
File: tag.jpg (8 KB, 168x300) Image search: [Google]
tag.jpg
8 KB, 168x300
Dumping some nice scorpion graffiti for when Laseth has time to put effort into it.
>>
File: tag2.jpg (57 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
tag2.jpg
57 KB, 600x599
>>46119447
>>
>>46119280
>>46119358
>>46119384

We sit cross legged on the floor. And stare back.

"...God almighty..." Mr. E groans leaning back in his chair and putting his shoes on the table.

"Go on..." We say expectantly. "Business talk."

Mr. S takes a seat, all the while shaking his head.

Mr. P takes a seat next to us. He hesitantly hovers a hand off our shoulder and leans into our audio receptors. "Its okay you know... Errors are a sign of uh, intuitive growth in the neural net. It means that you're uh, learning and that with learning you get errors. It uh, happens."

Mr. P's social algorithms don't seem optimized. Maybe we could suggest some fine tuning later?

>>46119431
Our harpoon is armed and ready.

-cont
>>
File: tag3.jpg (35 KB, 380x400) Image search: [Google]
tag3.jpg
35 KB, 380x400
>>46119469
>>
File: tag4.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
tag4.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>46119492
>Maybe we could suggest some fine tuning later?
Nudge nudge wink wink.
>>
File: tag5.jpg (39 KB, 501x649) Image search: [Google]
tag5.jpg
39 KB, 501x649
>>46119555
>>
File: tag6.jpg (59 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
tag6.jpg
59 KB, 600x468
>>46119579
And since we ruined Diana's marble coating (and marble coating probably costs a lot to repair) we should give her a new look.

Something like this.
>>
File: Lesath.png (4 KB, 272x322) Image search: [Google]
Lesath.png
4 KB, 272x322
>>46119492
>>46119256
Something like this for our chest. The blue star being highlighted due to it being the star Lesath.
>>
>>46119633
So looking it up in the wiki I've failed to see what the upsilon symbol means. What am I missing?
>>
>>46119664
Lesath is also Upsilon Scorpii, and additionally, Upsilon is known as Pythagoras' letter, or the Samian letter, because Pythagoras used it as an emblem of the path of virtue or vice.
>>
>>46119492
"Ahem." Mr. S says clearing his throat. "Lesath. You understand that we are in this venture to make money, and that we make money primarily by having you triumph in fights."

"Tch. Duh." You reply.

"...There is more to it. We are presented with a unique opportunity. You came out of the gate strong. Very strong, exactly as we predicted you would. Truth be told, no one in the circuit has ever seen something exactly like you."

"Nooooo they have not." Mr. E smirks while checking his portable. "You guys need to read the chatter that's going on. Even you Mr. P. It's great! They're absolutely terrified of her. The way she shook the dome and made the statue bitch surrender just from one punch, that was BEAUTIFUL."

"90 percent of your armor and weapons are made of commercially available materials. 10 percent however is...special." Mr. S continues.

"A little parting gift to myself. From when they booted me off project constellation. They took my paycheck, I took their shit." Mr. E boasts.

"The point is, the circuit is extremely interested in what you're made of. So much so that the Yakuza faction is willing to wager their top fighter Fox Fire in order to gain one of your weapons."

Fox Fire...the undefeated. You really, really want to fight her...

"Not that it'll do them any good! You see bitch, the cool thing is that what I took from Constellation was a masker...don't bother looking up what that is, you won't find anything. Its something I built that they thought they owned. If they take a part their techboys won't know shit about it. They'll be like monkeys looking at the Jovian Rail Gun. And if they take it to their military contact to look at they'll ID it as top grade, but nothing special. Separated from your whole, your parts don't register as they really are. Three guys on in all the planets would be able to see through the masker. One is dead, one is me, and the other is on the run." He leans back and grins.

-cont
>>
>>46119710
>These layered meanings and symbolism.

YES
>>
>>46118809
>Spraying then gold or silver or bronze.

To be honest, I still want to do this.
>>
>>46119759
"So you see, it's all cool if Fox Fire teaches you some humility. I'll only be little disappointed in the reduced payout. Hell, I think it'll be great for you to curb that pride of yours."

"...But the thing to remember..." Mr. S says quickly changing the subject "...Is that our window of opportunity is closing. We have the chance to acquire Fox Fire. That could make a lot of money. But its risky. You stand a good chance of losing."

"It's like what President Trump said in Art of the Deal. You make big risks for big payouts." Mr. E adds.

"But there is a less risky, but less profitable route. We can slowly build you up so that you'll stand more of a chance. The Yakuza have several other top ranked robots. We can have you fight them, upgrade yourself, and then defeat Fox Fire. But the longer we put it off the more of a chance we run of them withdrawing their offer to wager Fox Fire. Even just one more showing of our might may cause them to withdraw."

WHAT DO WE THINK? DO WE GO AFTER FOX FIRE OR GO AFTER OTHER ROBOTS FIRST? ANY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS WE WANT TO MAKE?
>>
>>46119936
Yeah, making them literal trophies in addition to marking them with tags would be fun.
>>
>>46119951
I wanna go poke firefox's files
>>
>>46119951
Let's go after Oni, and then Fox Fire. Remember to upgrade before both fights.
>>46119936
We're spraying them with 12 metallic colors in the shape of constellations depending on how worthy they were.
>>
>>46119951
Ask them what they think of this Fox bitch.

But yeah, we'll take her either way.*Lesath thumbs her nose*
>>
>>46119951
I say we go after Fox-fire while we can. Don't want them getting cold feet
>>
>>46119951
Oni Bitch first.
>>
>>46119951
What can they tell us about Foxbutt first?
>>
>>46119951
Let's get another win in our belt before tangoing with Fox-fire.
>>
>>46120059
Plus, if we put on a good show against her that'll still give us a rep bonus right?

And who doesn't want their first time to be with an experience mob enforcer?
>>
>>46120121
I mean, if we lose of course.
>>
>>46119951
Oni, we only have one win and it was from a shitbot
>>
>>46119951
going to go for someone else first before foxfire
>>
>>46119951
>Go after Fox Fire
Go big or go home
>>
>>46119951
Go for someone else first
>>
We need wisdom before we kick Fire Fox's ass. Oni or Ninja.
>>
>>46120020
>>46120104

>What do they think about Fox Fire

"That's hard to say." Mr. S begins. "They keep the matches on record only to show to paying, loyal, back ground checked customers. They don't want their undefeated champion to lose any edge through battle analysis. Participants are even forbidden from discussing the matches. Nonetheless, we can tell by the shape the losers were in that she apparently uses incredibly powerful flame weapons."

"No shit. Fox FIRE." Mr. E sneers. "It's why I've ordered anti-flame canisters. They should disperse the fire, for awhile anyway."

"We also have information from the grape vine. As tight lipped as they are about the fights, information seeps out. We know that she uses some sort of holographic projection. Very powerful, very state of the art."

"I'm VERY interested in seeing that in action." Mr. E adds. "I THINK I can make something to protect her from most of the influence. Most of it. I won't have any idea until I actually see it first hand though."

-cont
>>
>>46120306
Mr. S crosses his hands and thinks. "...They call her a goddess. An undefeated, virgin goddess of the sun. Some even worship her. It's all part of some sort of complex neo-shinto ritual. The power of nature made "flesh", Through metal."

"...I didn't know you uh, read on culture and religion and uh, stuff." Mr. P speaks up.

Mr. S turns his head and smiles warmly. "You have a lot of time to think in a Jovian ice bunker. You either use that time to remind yourself why human conflict is worthwhile or you go insane. I read a lot of books."

"That's uh...really neat Mr. S. I mean it." Mr. P responds staring at his shoes.

"Thank you." Mr. S clasps him on the shoulder. " I don't suppose you want to talk books later Mr. P?"

"I uh, guess. If that's okay?"

"You two girls done kissing?" Mr. E complains. "Figures you two weirdos would be into crap like religion. The only thing you need to know bitch bot, is that Fox Fire is a super haughty bitch, probably as bad as you, and that the Nips really, really like her and if we take her they'll over a really, really large amount of credits to get her back which will allow me to make you punch shit really, really good. Got that?"
>>
>>46120306
Could we upgrade my vision to see an extra part of the light spectrum to counter her holograms?
>>
>>46120306
>We know that she uses some sort of holographic projection. Very powerful, very state of the art.
So install non-visual sensors. Even some kind of crude echolocation will give us enough of her position to punch her, and infrared heat sensors will allow us to avoid the worst of the flames.
>>
>>46119996
>>46120020
>>46120059
>>46120121
>>46120232
>Fox Fire

>>46120256
>>46120200
>>46120153
>>46120107
>>46120090
>Someone else

I think that's tied so far...
>>
>>46120398
>infared heat sensors
We'd need to be fast enough to dodge.
>>
>>46120329
So we have fire suppressant on order. Can we get it in a mist form that will disrupt the holograms? Either by showing off where the projections are coming from, or coating her but not the images?

Maybe get a powder coat for a "sandstorm" effect?
>>
>>46120406
Will break the tie in favor of someone else, on the assumption that our dads will have more time to work on countermeasures against Fox Fire.
>>
>>46120366
>>46120398
If we get that spray paint attachment we could use it to mark her/ spray at holograms to see what's real.
>>
>>46120430
Which is why I said 'the worst of the flames'.

At worst, it would at least allow us to distinguish the holographic fire from the real, and give us a chance to dodge.

Come to think of it, do we even have any touch or tactile sensors installed?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46120406
1:foxfire
2:someone else
>>
Fire isn't too bad as long as we have retardent enough material. Somehow I don't think Mr. E will be able to build us protection from mere hearsay.

Perhaps try to sneak into one of her matches? Can we do that? What about fighting someone who has experience with her and getting info through our interface?

Also, some strange part of our programming is visualizing hearts next to Mr. P and Mr. S. And we're okay with this.
>>
>>46120366
"Oh, you think you can do tactics now?" Mr. E mocks. "I can have you see on every wave, it won't mean a thing if they generator is advance enough. It'll just adapt. God knows she's probably filled with hack weapons to disable whatever protection I put in. Like I said, I can make something to jam her cold, but I have to see it first."

>>46120398
"So what about non-visual senses smart guy? Echolocation?"

"Tch. You want me to spend the time to make redundant sensors I can do that. It might help. Might."

>>46120438
>>46120454
>Tracking nanite powder, tracking nanite powder in our spray attachment.

"You want to WHAT?" Mr E chuckles. "Paint her death? Come the fuck on."

"...No, wait!" Mr. S says banging the table with a fist. "That could work! Think about it. It can paint no only where she is, but where she -isn't-."

"You don't think the other twenty fighters didn't try something like that?"

"Not with constellation nanites. Think about it. You'd just need a little. Just enough to mark her."

Mr. E strokes his chin. "...Okay....Okay, maybe."

"That was a good strategy Lesath!" Mr. S compliments.

>>46120453
>Will have more time

Anything we think of we can build before the fight if we want to go after her now.

It's a big question, so I'll leave voting open for a little while.
>>
>>46120503
We have a basic simulation of human senses. They can be upgraded.

>>46120453
>>46120512
>Two for someone else
That's going to decide it unless we get some more votes.
>>
>>46120708
Was undecided until I heard about the tracking spraypaint. That's a good idea.
Voting for Fox Fire.
>>
>>46120708
Let's go with someone else, add another girl to our collection and then fight FoxFire.
>>
>>46120638
Can we try to interface Diana with our training sim holoprojector? Maybe get Mr. P to help us? She doesn't need a fighting body. Just something we can consult and plug into now and then.
>>
>>46120772
Why not just use her port? More fun that way.
>>
REMEMBER!

Foxfire is only up for us to win if we take her NOW!
>>
>>46120822
I thought the consensus was it's a limited time offer, not that it HAS to be the next fight.

Either way, I'd rather be undefeated then broken and have to get repairs.
>>
>>46120708
Fire Fox!
>>
>>46120822
There's a -small- chance they'll still offer her. 25 percent chance after the first fight. 10 after the second. None after the third.

That might change some minds. Sorry, I probably should have stated the odds better!

Going to get dinner. Will call the vote when I get back.

Remember, this is our chance to have a pet Amaterasu
>>
>>46120708
I think Fire fox is still the best option, doubly so with the paint idea
>>
>>46120859
Limited time offer as in must do it now, not a few fights later.
>>
>>46120899
As >>46120453, with the knowledge that we'll have whatever countermeasures we can think of regardless of whether we fight her next or not, I'm changing my vote to fighting Fox Fire now.
>>
>>46120909
Agreeing with you and restating>>46120121
>>
>>45973935

We'll get a stat penalty for our next couple fights if we lose. Also, our Willpower and Targeting are 1. ONE. Fire Fox is literally our check and counter.
>>
>>46120899
Fine, changing my vote to Fire Fox.

If we lose, you better have her hack us GOOD.
>>
>Brand new robot
>Just pulled off an amazing victory
>Rush into next battle
>Not designed for battling things like Fire Fox
Fire Fox will think we are just headstrong and drunk off our one win.
Fire Fox won't see us a any kind of threat. She won't be expecting us to have any kind of advantage, like the nanomachine spraypaint, especially considering no one else has pulled off something to counter her tricks because no one else has had access to the super secret super technology we apparently posses.
Her guard will be completely down, This may actually be our best chance.
>>
>>46121221
We need to get a hard counter to fire or her illusions, like fire proof armor or such.
>>
>>46121221
We should see if Diana ever fought her and if yes pull the info out of her.
>>
>>46121258
Like fire suppresant and nanopaint?
>>
>>46121258
I believe Mr. E says he can whip up both of those pretty quickly.

The problem is, I don't think we're going to be able to deal with the illusions nearly as well as we think. Then once we get plugged it's all over. We'll roll over like a bitch in heat.
>>
>>46121373
We need all the speed we can get, and sight that allows us to counter her holograms, or perhaps we need to remove the part of the light spectrum we can see, and replace it with infrared or some shit.
>>
>>46121461
I figure a good deal of our mods will be countered. The spray is actually a great tool since it'll incorporate our new tech, but I figure with our low targeting skills and the fact that she can incinerate our paint midair we won't be tagging her body anytime soon.
>>
Perhaps I'm shadowrunning too hard here, but kitsune are knows to be tricksters.

What if calling herself Fox Fire, using apparently fire-based attacks (conveniently supported by holograms which could produce the exact same visual effect) - what if all of that is actually an elaborate ruse, to cause opponents to prepare countermeasures for the wrong form of attack.

Meanwhile, she's actually attacking with, I dunno, a remotely-controlled nanite swarm, hidden by the illusions of flames, or something like that?

Information warfare is also a valid tactic in combat.
>>
>>46121540
>she can incinerate our paint midair
Can she?
Can we mod the paint even more to be flame-repellant?
Can we make the paint cold? Or like a fire extinguisher?
Can we mod it to actually double as a counter to her flames?
>>
>>46121540
That's why we go Infrared and go absolute speed, to take down her advantages of fire and holograms.
>>
>>46120909
>>46120921
>>46121005
>>46121132

"I want the undefeated." You proclaim. If you had lips you'd probably be licking them.

"...Be careful..." Mr. P mutters.

Mr. S nods.

Mr. E snaps his portable close. "Well then. Let's get ready to rumble."

ENTERING CREDIT MODE

WAR CHEST: 9
POCKET:1

ARM MOUNTED SPRAY GUN (1 Credit): Attaches behind your right or left hand weapon. Can be used to unleash a blast of compressed air or to spray the contents of cartridges

NANO PASTE PAINT (1): Paint laced with nanites. Can be used to mark targets on our HUD. 1 Credit's worth has 12 uses.

QUICK ATTACKING FLAME REPELLENT CANISTER (1): A canister of fire-eating nanites. Can be used on self or as a weapon. 2 canisters per 1 Credit.

WAR CHEST: 6
POCKET: 1

SUGGEST OTHER UPGRADES OR MOVE ON TO WEAPON AND GENERAL UPGRADES?

>>46121540
Try mixing the fire nanites with the paint. It'll buy some time before she can burn the paint off herself.
>>
>>46121597
an electric generator to attach to our harpoon for stunning?
>>
>>46121597
>SUGGEST OTHER UPGRADES OR MOVE ON TO WEAPON AND GENERAL UPGRADES?
Upgrade targeting by 2.
>>
>>46121597
Suggest some sort of coolant for our weapons, as in make it do soem sort of frost/ice damage, if you guys know what I mean?

Could help in other battles as well, freezing them in place/slowing them down every time we get a hit.
>>
>>46121597
Add another canister of paint and repellent each. Combine it all so we have a counter to her flames and better chance to tag her through her attacks. Also means we can make more liberal use of it, blanket an area so maybe our low Targeting is less of an issue.

Then on to other mods and weapons?
>>
>>46121597
>>46121707
This +Infrared Sight
>>
Here are some general upgrades for our weapons (I'll make a pastebin later)

Pile Bunkers
FORCE CORONA: A new silvery ring around the wrist of the power bunker allows us to channel the horsepower added to our damage roll to our to-hit dexterity roll. We transfer the force of the punch, usually concentrated in a small area, into a wave of energy.
The wave is too short to be a viable ranged attack, but its shotgun pattern allows us to tag enemies we would normally miss. If we’re whiffing against an enemy with the PB, we should try using the FORCE CORONA
Can be used to blow back traps , flames, and debris.

THRUSTER PUNCH: With the aid of a new stabilizer we can now transfer some of the force of the blow into closing the gap and rocket toward our opponent…or miss them horribly.
Horsepower cost depends on how far away the enemy is.

STRUCTURE SHATTER: A new energy shutter evenly distributes force throughout a hit object, allowing several advantages.
It allows us to distribute the Horsepower bonus to damage rolls throughout the body of an opponent, and not just concentrate it all on a part that we hit. We can hit the right arm, and damage the left leg for instance.
It allows us to punch the ground/wall of an arena and create a crevice beneath our opponent, or cave in a ceiling on top of them.
>>
>>46121597
How practical/mobility-hampering would it be to wear several layers of flame-retardant trench coats?
Or whatever other clothing that would cover us and can be thrown away easily when it gets burned too bad.
>>
>>46121707
>>46121742
Cost would be 3, leaving us with 3. Is this okay?

The infrared mod will also let us see into other wavelengths at will.
>>
>>46121597
External liquid cooling. By continually coating ourself with some kind of viscous coolant which continually vaporizes under the heat of the flames, we could buy some time against a direct fire attack.

Some kind of AoE or ranged upgrade, perhaps attaching our fixer to a retractable whip, might also help us if she decides to kite us while covered by holograms.
>>
>>46121748
I think either force corona or structure shatter sound good.
Increase odds of hitting her, or make it so that even a glancing blow by luck deals significant damage.
>>
>>46121748
>FORCE CORONA
This seems like a damn good idea for not only this fight, but any fight against opponents we have trouble hitting.
>>
>>46121756
It depends on how much protection we want.

1 would give us several layers of trenchcoats.

3 will let us "sweat" fire eating nanites.
>>
>>46121597
Alright. We're doing this then. I'd like to upgrade our processors and gain some willpower.
>>46121748
Structure Shatter sounds amazing for frailer bots. Might be nice for Fire Fox.

Force Corona is PERFECT. We should buy it immediately regardless of cost.
>>
Fixers
INSURANCE POLICY: Assuming they’re strong enough or sneaky enough to break away, they won’t get very far. This upgrade allows the fixer to set an electric charge all throughout an enemy’s armor. We can then set off the opposite charge in our fixer to draw the enemy toward us like a magnet.
The opposite charge can be applied to our entire body to draw the opponent toward us in an embrace. Be sure we can get the better of a grapple before using it!
The opposite charge can also be applied to objects. Be creative!
OLD SPARKY: Our fixer slowly damages the enemy through electric discharges the longer its stuck inside them. Lowers willpower.
PLAN B: Let’s say we’ve hooked someone on our fixer and we’ve found out that its better they weren’t so close to us. Or let’s say we want to toss them into something. This allows us to send the opponent flying with a quick magnetic pulse.
>>
I think last time we thrust our fixer into Diana's arm and then broke the arm and sorta set her free. Maybe we should plan to keep the fixer in if we upgrade it.
>>
>>46121781
Yes.
>>46121748
Force Corona.
>>46121840
Insurance Policy.
>>
>>46121748
Force Corona sounds perfect for us, maybe the shatter structure if we can get that and the liquid cooling from >>46121789.
>>
Harpoon

BEAM PROOF: Allows us to handle the photon chain and spear without hurting ourselves.

ABATIS MODE: Allows us to rapid-fire spear points, creating harmful terrain between us and the enemy. Can serve as a viable ranged attack.

TRIFURCATION: Allows the harpoon's photon whip to split in three directions. Can be used as a trap or to ensnare the opponent with one end while launching another end somewhere else.

Can shoot a low damaging "web" from our tail using horsepower instead of targeting to "throw" it with force. Can ensnare opponents.
>>
External liquid cooling would cost 3

Force Corona is 3

Insurance Policy is 2

>>46121742
This package would cost 3

We have 6, potentially 7 if we pony up our share.

CHOOSE
>>
>>46121964
>Can shoot a low damaging "web" from our tail using horsepower instead of targeting to "throw" it with force. Can ensnare opponents.
Whatever this is called, it'll probably be useful in the next fight.

That said, does Beam Proof also afford us protection against similar hostile beam attacks?
>>
>>46121964
Abatis Mode.
>>46122022
Yeah, definitely going for Infrared Vision, that's incredibly vital to countering her.
>>
>>46122041
Photon based, yes.

But it has to be photon based.

Beam proof costs just 1.
>>
>>46121964
>BEAM PROOF:
This sounds super cool but would be best left to a later date.

>>46122022
My vote is
>Force Corona is 3
>This package would cost 3
>>
>>46121938
>>46121756
While I'm appreciative of staying safe, I'd prefer not to spend a lot of money on protection that won't work on multiple bots.
>>46121781
if it lets us switch between wavelengths sure. We might be able to use it on other matches as well.
>>
>>46121964
Trifurcation sounds nice, since we could potentially trap people without being right next to them. Not for this fight though.
>>
>>46122115
>>46122071
>>46122048
>Infrared Upgrade

SUPER EYES: Allows us to see the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Also gives us +3 against hack attacks that target our vision.

>All the votes for Force Corona
We got it

2 in the war chest, 1 in the pocket

Anything else?

>>46122048
Abatis mode will cost 2.
>>
>>46122022
Take the extra cartridges and IR, buy the Force Corona

What costs 1? Willing to pony up if we can get something useful.
>>
>>46122115
>We might be able to use it on other matches as well.
I'd like to note that the much of the most vital hardware of is likely to be running hot, compared to the less important, less used subsystems.
>>
>>46122022
Force Corona and the Wavelength-vision package.
That leaves us with our personal credit to be spent on ourselves.
>>
>>46122183
Stick with this and figure out what upgrades can be done to our base stats.
>>
>>46122183
Can we spend any on increasing our base stats?
>>
>>46122252
I agree.
>>
>>46122198
>>46122071
>>46122231

>Extra cartridges

We now have 24 shots of nanite paint and 4 hip-mounted fire-nanite canisters.

1 in the pocket if you guys want to spend our own money.

>>46122252
>>46122256
For 1 Credit we can upgrade willpower or targeting systems to 2.
>>
>>46122285
We won't have a chance at resisting a hack with only 2 willpower.
Upgrade targeting.
>>
>>46122285
UPGRADE TARGETING
>>
>>46122285
Willpower upgrade. By all that is mechanical and shiny, please!
>>
>>46122285
Upgrade Dexterity.
>>
>>46122285
For 1 Credit we can upgrade willpower or targeting systems to 2.
I'm torn on which to do. Corona helps the low Targeting already, maybe upgrade Will?
>>
>>46122329
>>46122285
If I understand correctly, we roll a d10+[Stat] for our actions. Every little bit helps. Plus, it can be used offensively as well.

Pretty please?
>>
File: wow.jpg (49 KB, 398x491) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
49 KB, 398x491
>>46122394
OK, but only this once name-kun.
Changing vote from >>46122329 to upgrade willpower.
>>
>>46122285
>>46122363
i recommend dexterity
>>
>>46122363
>>46122481
Can't upgrade dex.
>>
Ah, upgrades. The best part of all robot fighting.

Out of curiosity, what thread did you get inspiration for this from? You mentioned it before, and I have games where all the inspiration I can get would be welcome.
>>
>>46122372
>>46122341
>>46122462
>Willpower is now 2

Armor - 2
Horsepower - 5
Dexterity - 2
Willpower - 2
Targetting System - 1

HAND WEAPONS:

FIXER

PILE BUNKERS
FORCE CORONA UPGRADE

TAIL:

HARPOON

HIP: 4 FLAME CANISTERS

ARM: SPRAY GUN
AMMO: 24 NANO PASTE PAINT

ON TO TRAINING?

>>46122519
It was a Magical Realm discussion thread .
>>
>>46122566
...And Super Eyes. Don't want to forget those!
>>
>>46122566
Do we have any credits left over?
>>
>>46122598
The last of our money is in our will.
>>
File: POOR TAX.jpg (24 KB, 340x244) Image search: [Google]
POOR TAX.jpg
24 KB, 340x244
>>46122598
Naw, we're busto as of right now.
>>
>>46122566
Training time then
>>
>>46122566
Time for art!
>>
>>46122566
Mr. S said he'd use hologram training on us for our technique earlier and that sounds great by me.

Try to get Mr. P to set up Diana to watch and give advice too. Maybe if Mr. S and Mr. P are alone without Mr. Wetblanket they'll start to kissyface over books again?
>>
>>46122566
On to training.
>>
>>46122566
Onwards to training, then.
>>
>going up against foxfire
Someone's going to be made humble. Probably us.
>>
>>46122752
>>46122704
>>46122771

Diana hasn't shown up yet. She's probably still considering our offer and whether or not to trust us and our crew.

We can have arts and crafts with Diana after we fight Fox Fire It might help comfort us...

"This is BORING." We complain as we blow through a hologram. "They don't even hit back! I mean, not really hit back!"

A glowing wire mesh figure jabs an arm through you. You feel nothing. You HATE not feeling anything!

With a blow of our fixer it scatters like mist. "BO-RING!"

"Don't focus on them as opponents. Focus on them as moments. As parts of a plan. Think, "If they do this,what should I do?" Mr. S coaches.

"...Fine." We grumble. A wire mesh figure swings at us. We block the blow on the gauntlet of our PB, retaliate with a quick strike with our fixer, and pump our piston back to finish with the PB.

Textbook.

The wire mesh scatters like pieces of shattered class. Our blow reverberates throughout the warehouse. Even at the lowest setting our PB is no joke.

"...Aw fuck..." Mr. E exclaims, hot coffee seeping through his pants. "Fuck fuck fuck!"

Well hell. Mr. S is right. Good thinks do happen when we practice the right way.

Hacking Diana has given us:

HUNTRESS AIM: We take the highest of the first three rolls when making a ranged attack. (Cooldown 1d3. Being hit interrupts)

We have 5 knowledge to spend. All techniques come with cool downs. All techniques can be upgraded.

ONE TWO PUNCH: 3 Exactly what it says. Two melee attacks in a row.

SHRUG OFF: 3.Negates one hack debuff.

BERSERK MODE: 5. Exactly what it says. All or nothing attack. 5 attacks and then our horsepower drops to 0 for the rest of the fight.

OVERBEAR: 5 We charge at the opponent. They get 2 free attacks, and then we hit them with an attack that adds horsepower and dexterity.

-cont
>>
>>46123165

PARRY:2 Increases our defense against 1 attack.

ROLL WITH IT: 2 Reduces damage and moves us when hit.

MY THIRD ARM:3. Allows a free attack with the tail.

GRAND FINALE: 3. A mighty blow with the PB.

SPEND KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>46123202
ROLL WITH IT
MY THIRD ARM
>>
>>46123165
>>46123202
My Third Arm - 3
Roll With It - 2
>>
>>46123202
Third arm and roll with it
>>
>>46123202
>SHRUG OFF: 3.Negates one hack debuff.
>ROLL WITH IT: 2 Reduces damage and moves us when hit.
I feel like Shrug Off will come in handy with our relatively low Willpower.
>>
>>46123237
>>46123249
>>46123264
Supporting.
>>
>>46123165
>SHRUG OFF: 3.Negates one hack debuff.
Debuffs are evil, let's be rid of them ASAP.
>>
>>46123202
One Two Punch
Roll With It
>>
>>46123165
Voting for anything but Berserk Mode and Overbear.
Maybe they'll be useful against other opponents but just knowing where Fox Fire is is going to be a huge challenge, let's not use all-or-nothing attacks.
>>
>>46123202
>Roll with it
>Shrug off
>>
>>46123237
>>46123249
>>46123264
>>46123292

We got them

ROLL WITH IT: Reduces damage by 5. Moves us. (Cooldown: 3 attacks)

MY THIRD ARM: Free attack with the tail. (Cooldown: 1d3 turns)
>>
>>46123165
>>46123202
>Shrug Off
>Roll With it
>>
>>46123165
>>46123202
Actually, after a slight more thought, changing >>46123293 to:
MY THIRD ARM
ROLL WITH IT
>>
>>46123165
Roll with It is very nice for closing or opening up distance and Shrug Off is PERFECT for Fire Fox. I choose these two.

One Two Punch is definitely my next pick though.

Third arm would be much more useful if we can do something besides interface or harpoon with it. Save for a later date.
>>
so, from what I understand, our next fight is either going to be really oily or really sudsy?
Because we're going to be using anti-fire countermeasures.
This reminds me of bikini mud wrestling.
>>
>>46123344
I might be over thinking it, but I feel like we should pick one of those up later. Book said that the crowd loved how our bunker shook the place, right? We could make that our thing. Lesath the cunt destroyer.
>>
>>46123394
Penny for your thoughts?
>>
>>46123430
I have no doubt that if this quest progresses far, our piledrivers will be huge.
Just, you know, fox fire is a dodgy cunt. probably.
>>
>>46123426
...YES. Perfect.
>>46123377
What's the word on preemptive use of Tech? Can we enter the arena all sexy and oiled? It's a crowd-pleaser AND functional.
>>
>>46123531
We need to put the paint sprayer in our tail and load it with off white fire retardant goop.

For reasons.
>>
>>46123531
>>46123426
What exactly do we look like, anyway?
the OP?
Are we wearing real clothes that can get wet and see through?
>>
>>46123587
We might as well add a crotch extension that spews out white fire retardant goopy paint.
>>
>>46123438
Revised choices seemed more immediately practical.
Really, my brain failed to comprehend the -cont bit and reload, so I voted before knowing all the options. Shouldn't happen again, probably will.
>>
>>46123661
no, that's rediculous.
>>
>>46123661
i agree.
>>
>>46123661
say NO to robofuta
>>
>>46123590
>>46123377
Now that I'm on the topic:
Did we ever get that bellybutton?
>>
>>46123661
>>46123741
I support these
>>
>>46123675
Certainly is going into the realm of the comical. Attaching retardant to our tail isn't a bad idea however.

Remember guys. We're going to be hosing OURSELVES, just as often than the opponent. Fire bad.
>>
>>46123761
anon we already have a tail.
>>
The fight is tonight.

They want to have every advantage. Fox Fire is very special to the Yakuza. Sacred even. They won't allow you any rest. But its not like we need it. Diana didn't hurt us at all. And our training has made us hungry for something to scrape our hands against.

The fight is in a casino. But not like the one we were in this morning. It's outside matches its inside.

A black limo carries you and your crew through the good part of Nexus. Enormous steel cranes slide apartment blocks out of skyscrapers and swing them over city blocks to connect with others. They mime the latest in high-fashion architecture. A city in constant motion is a constantly happy city. The sky scraper tops are crowned with green forests. Living creatures make their homes in those sacred scraps of nature. The trees and other green, living things point up-up toward the sun and to mother Earth shining blue in the sky like a marble.

There is a building set aside from the crane-scramble. A very special building, a very proud building. It does not mix with the other buildings. It stands on its own inviting people to dash their hopes and dreams against its silvery machines.

The Ebisu Casino and Resort.

You drive past the entrance with the enormous fountain spewing rainbow-capped water plumes into the air. You drive into a humble looking storage garage in the back.

The elevator takes you down, down, down. Past where police scanners can reach...

>>46123590
Alright, quick backtrack.

ANY COSMETIC MODIFICATIONS?

The OP pic is our base, but we can change it.

Someone last thread mentioned belly buttons...

DO WE WANT CLOTHES? BELLY BUTTONS? A MOUTH? HAIR?

CHOOSE
>>
>>46123741
Cosmetic alterations can be done when we get Diana for her fabulous fashion tips. Also, we're all out of cash and I don't want to just thrust a finger in our body and wiggle it.
>>
>>46123802
Belly Button and a Crotch Extension.
>>
>>46123802
A belly button, sure.
Clothes, maybe. I am not sure if what the OP is wearing is clothes or not, but I like it.
>>
>>46123839
Support.
>>
>>46123814
Cosmetic alterations don't cost us a thing. They're just superficial modification to our chassis.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.