[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the kickstarter for the conan rpg is ending soon. I m tempted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
the kickstarter for the conan rpg is ending soon.
I m tempted cause they have some neat deal like 2year print subscription as well as pdf but i have never dealt with this company "modiphius" before.
Has any of you had any experience with them.
is the 2D20 system ok?
i ve glanced over the quickstart and the doom/momentum system looks pretty nice, even thou the doom system can in case of badGM turn him into an antagonist.
>>
>>46111866
>doom/momentum system
Completely anti-Conan bullshit, the way I hear it from long-time fans. Conan was all about being barbaric and unfettered by civilization's silly rules, and how that let him impose his will on the world with steel and thews. The idea that characters in that world who do that actively give Fate/the GM extra ways to kick them in the nuts is diametrically opposed to How Things Worked in Howard's fiction and universe.
>>
i like the horizontal character progression instead of the vertical minmaxing
the doom momentum isnt an issue the more you dig into your luck the more karma you can get.

I played mutant chronicle 3 and the 2d20 system is ok
i ve looked at the kickstarter and they have a convertion tool for d20 aswell if people want to stick with the D&D system
>>
>>46111866
looks interresting.
Modiphius is a british company, being an infinity player i funded their kickstarter for the infinity rpg
They are competent and keep in touch with their playerbase
>>
How does 2d20 work?
>>
>>46113563
You roll at least 2d20, up to 5d20 by spending momentum/fortune. You want to roll low, and you're aiming for a number of successes equal to the difficulty of the task. If you have a focus in a particular skill, a roll of natural 1 (or possibly more) grants 2 successes instead of 1. Excess successes gain momentum for the party to share, but momentum maxes out at 6 and decays at the rate of one per round.

>>46111962
It doesn't exactly work that way. True, the GM starts with doom equal to the amount of fortune at the table, doom isn't gained by having someone spend fortune, and it's pretty easy to never voluntarily give the GM more doom. Doom is gained by rolling natural 20s (just to make sure the GM gets some now and then) and by the party hesitating and squabbling over what to do (which I think is appropriate to the theme.) And doom is incredibly weak compared to fortune. Fortune can give a player a free natural 1, meaning two free successes, while doom can only increase an enemy's initiative or create an obstacle that takes a minor action to remove.
>>
>>46111962
Qué? Howard's world is all about the fast paced action and characters dying pretty easily.
>>
>>46113636
I'm glad that the rules are pretty good for pulp action/adventure, I was worried I'd have to convert the system to Ubiquity.
>>
>>46113636
Looks nice
I think i ll get corebook in print and the pdf subscription.
Always been a conan fan, even if i dont play it often i should have a lot of background to read or use for some other campaign
>>
>>46113636
i know how momentum is earn how do you get fortune?
>>
interested bump
>>
>>46115897
You don't gain fortune in a session you have a certain amount at the beginning of the session.
>>
>>46116169
So it s like fate point in Dark heresy
are they attributed to players indivually or are the shared to the partie like momentum pool?
>>
>>46116232
They are attributed individually. Plus a fortune point is a guaranteed crit so you can't exactly pass those around like fate points.
>>
>>46116232
Also Momentum does not have to be shared but if you want to keep the points around for the scene then you can have them shared in a pool.
>>
>>46116750
>>46116765
thanks for the info
do you know when the game will be release?
>>
>>46116833
Not yet, but they do have a release "waves" released on Modphius' website but no specific dates.
>>
>>46116864
OK
i was looking at their offer.
do you really get 2years worth printed books?
>>
>>46117097
You get the entire release cycle of the game, which I assume is over the next two years, I just dropped money on the kickstarter.
>>
>>46111866
fuck kickstarter, kill yourself
>>
>>46117193
why so angry i got some decent game out of kickstarter like bloodrage
>>
>>46117309
fuck off shill
>>
>>46117309
Unwarranted rage and hate is what 4chan does best.

Modiphius are fucking late all the fucking time, thought. Expect at least 3 months delay on the PDFs, and at least 6 months on the hard copy.

Mutant Chronicles was decent, if a bit unbalanced.
>>
>>46117512
alright nice knowing it will weight heavily on wether i pledge or not tomorrow
>>
>>46117767
Well, you will get it eventually.
>>
>>46117512
The system looks fun and I love Conan shit so I'm probably going to throw my money in the pot.
>>
>>46115897
By displaying the kind of courage and audacity that Crom made you for
>>
Backed for core rulebook. Might get Ancient Ruins & Lost Cities and Beasts of the Hyborian age as well. What supplements are other anons looking at?
>>
>>46116765
What this means is that yo can use momentum to enhance the effects of the same action that generated the momentum. After that it goes in the pool. I believe momentum is the only way to safely disengage from someone who's in melee with you, which fits, I guess.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.