[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Delta Green /tg/? I recall that they are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11
File: 99212.jpg (499 KB, 900x1182) Image search: [Google]
99212.jpg
499 KB, 900x1182
What do you think of Delta Green /tg/?

I recall that they are a rogue group with a checkered history after a catastrophe in Vietnam - was that ever fluffed out? Thanks.
>>
>>46107410
Neat premise.

Personally I don't care for 90% of the fluff, but I enjoy the premise of a grand cell structured conspiracy trying to save the world from threats they don't wholly understand, and leveraging official connections to do shady shit.
>>
>>46107410
Personally I like it. The organisation's history is fluffed out in a few of the other sourcebooks, and the post-9-11 history I think is being updated since the new edition is in production.
>>
>>46107410
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/njg3a0ne7v130/Delta_Green
This is all of the old sourcebooks.

I love DG and I'm really excited for the new stuff but every time I've tried to run it for my group things haven't really worked out too well. I always have a hard time organizing my thoughts to run a coherent mystery and explaining the high concept science stuff in most of the premade scenarios in a way that makes sense and my players don't seem to get the "misappropriate government funding to hide the evidence" aspect of the game. More often than not the sessions turn into them flailing around totally clueless until they get bored and go full murderhobo. It's a bummer that it's so hard to find people that play it, I feel like I'd get a better handle on how to run it if I spent some time as a player.
>>
DG General?

DG general
>>
>>46107410
Delta Green was okay before it got kickstarter raped.
>>
>it's a shillta green thread
>>
>>46110245
amen. the mere existence of a new version retroactively ruined the old version. i just cant enjoy it anymore.
>>
>>46107410
>a rogue group with a checkered history after a catastrophe in Vietnam

The Fall of Delta Green will cover that period.

Hopefully pirateable by August if they don't keep delaying shit.
>>
>>46110245
How's that anon? I've been following the new DG development pretty closely ever since it was announced and there isn't a whole lot of concrete information about what has changed about the setting since the original books and mechanically it's barely different than CoC 6e so surely you're judgement that the game is ruined is based on some sort of inside information that the rest of us just wouldn't have access to? I mean it's either that or you're just spouting off uninformed /v/ tier impotent rage about how "the new thing is gonna be soooo bad I know because it won't be exactly the same as the old thing!" right?
>>
File: I Have Seen The Yellow Sign.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
I Have Seen The Yellow Sign.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: The Children of Atlach-Nacha.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Children of Atlach-Nacha.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46114820
>>
File: Down in the Delta.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Down in the Delta.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46114882
>>
File: The Last Show.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Last Show.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46114899
>>
>>46114968
>>
File: The Unripened Fruit.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Unripened Fruit.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46114986
>>
File: Making Horror Scenarios.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Making Horror Scenarios.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46115001
>>
I like the idea of paranormal section in a government agency fighting against paranormal threats and ancient cults.

DG ruins that by stating that the organization got shut down and was turned into an unofficial collection of random dudes who work for an conspiracy.

That is why I prefer Laundry files.
>>
File: 1380417991618.gif (310 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1380417991618.gif
310 KB, 200x150
>>46108076
It's like you read my mind, bro
>>
File: wpid-wp-1423111631145.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wpid-wp-1423111631145.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
>>46114569
>mechanically it's barely different than CoC 6e
What? I thought they had designed a whole new system for it this time around?

It's gone back to Basic Roleplaying again?
>>
>>46115375
But delta green has splintered into two groups these days. One that has managed a power play within the government and reactivated delta green as a clandestine government agency fighting against the threats, while the "old guard" is untrusting of the new arrangement and is still operating with the cell structure.
>>
>>46110245
If I don't like the new system I can still play the old one. If I don't like the new setting stuff I can just exclude it. From what I've seen of the new game there really isn't much to complain about. I'm a bit iffy on the sanity mechanics, and the skill list is more bloated than I was expecting. For example, as someone who has a completely useless BH in Anthropology/Archeology the differences between the two fields don't really warrant two distinct skills as 99% of universities lump them in the same program with a few extra electives.

Regardless, there will be almost triple the amount of DG content, it will actually be fucking affordable, and it will be many times easier to find someone who has at least fucking HEARD of it to play with. It's also being made by almost all of the key people who worked on the original, it's not like a completely unrelated publisher decided to arbitrarily reboot like a shitty Hollywood movie.

I fail to see how it is anything but a good thing.
>>
>>46115446
The new system is pretty much 6e CoC rules combined with some stuff from Unknown Armies and some original stuff. It's specialized for DG and does a good job of getting the themes of the setting to show through the rules but it won't be unfamiliar to anyone used to CoC or UA.
>>
>>46115633
Haven't you heard, anon? New government legislation has made it so any time a new TTRPG comes out all of the material that was previously released for it gets taken away by G-Men and destroyed. No knock raids are also completely authorized, no warrant needed, and anyone caught playing old editions of games gets dragged out into the street and executed. Pretty much every world government has unanimously agreed that this is the best way of going about things. By this time next year enjoying old games will be 100% illegal.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.