[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General: Octopus VS Samurai Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: octopus.png (381 KB, 423x514) Image search: [Google]
octopus.png
381 KB, 423x514
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Best setting?
>>
>>46099277
>Best setting?
I like Eberron a lot, though I haven't gotten to play in it long-term at all.
>>
>>46099277
what a cool image
>>
>>46099277
I like the Realms, to be honest. I understand that a lot of people don't, and I understand that I don't care.
>>
>>46099277
Spelljammer
>>
>>46099398
/thread
>>
>>46099277
Just read Red Steel for the first time, not sure what my opinions are on it yet; swashbuckling is cool, but it gets dangerously cheesy, in several senses.
>>
>>46099277
Looking for suggestions to fix and rebalance bladelocks.

Last thread had the suggestion of allowing Spell Action+Weapon attack bonus action.

Any other ideas?

Mybe a variation of Swordburst as bonus action would do.

Spectral sword, as part of your bonus action you summon a spectral sword that stabs into your enemy dealing 1d6 force damage on hit.
You make a melee spell attack within a 10 ft range.
>>
Is there a setting out there that's distinctly more Sword and Sorcery than normal? More Conan, less Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>46099497
I've always been interested in Mystara, but never really looked into it beyond the arcade games.
>>
File: 1421121565006.png (211 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
1421121565006.png
211 KB, 300x377
>>46099277
So, /5eg/.
What would you think of a DM/group that uses all of these homebrew rules-

>No item with uses recharges normally, most break automatically at 0 charges.
>No initiative, just goes in a circle, even outside combat is a circle
>prone is just anything but a 1 hits even with ranged, no advantage.
>crits are the maximum damage you deal on your dice, then double that.
>basically every enemy creature has +3-4 AC
>Flanking works as advantage, there 90% of the time doesn't actually need to be someone directly behind the creature, just on a side that's not the one you're on.
>Certain characters get a percentile chance on character death to have some things happen. These things can involve coming back to life
>DM gets to decide that your character worships a god (I think, hasn't happened to me, it was unclear)
>no attunement
>cover literally doesn't exist apart from full cover
>enemies can cast spells with effects that stipulate can't be worn or carried on their own skin
>enemies can dash and attack, but only 1 attack if they get multiple
>loads of alignment locked gear
>people that have extra attacks and SCAG cantrips can use the cantrip as -one- of their extra attacks, but get to keep making the others normally.
>unearthed races/classes are allowed if you explain it (nobody has taken him up on this, but I don't think anyone but me has actually asked)
>Most time a grid is used every square is 10ft, large creatures still take up 4 squares with this
>Identify/Detect magic are essentially replaced with Arcana checks
>Survival, Insight, and Investigation can be replaced with Perception checks 50% of the time
>Looking at other character sheets/telling other players what you have is highly discouraged.

(I'm definitely missing some, this is just what I can remember)
>>
File: banni_re_dark_sun.jpg (48 KB, 730x300) Image search: [Google]
banni_re_dark_sun.jpg
48 KB, 730x300
>>46099497
the cities are controlled by sorcerer-kings, the world is a wasteland where everything will kill you
>>
>>46099585
I would immediately leave. I want to play 5e, not some bastardized overly-houseruled version they call 5e.
>>
>>46099497
In theory Greyhawk, but that's got it's own set of powerful NPCs that tool around the world sometimes.

I guess Dark Sun could as well, though that's more post-apocalyptic than Sword and Sorcery.
>>
>>46099633
Not looking for post-apocalyptic.
>>
>>46099585
I wouldn't really be interested in playing unless I knew you really well.
>>
>>46099665
I'm not the GM in this. Joined a group recently, this is all the shit they use.

Group is somehow surprised that a Champion fighter with fantastic can melt things and that I think 21-23 AC creatures at level 5 is very wrong.
>>
>>46099585
find a new group.
>>
>>46099663
It isn't post-apocalyptic, really. The world is just a desert.
>>
>>46099585
>>No initiative, just goes in a circle, even outside combat is a circle
Who goes first?
>>basically every enemy creature has +3-4 AC
So basically "Lets see who rolls 18+: The game", no thanks
>>Flanking works as advantage
Flanking rules give advantage
>>DM gets to decide that your character worships a god
...I hope he talks to the player first, don't like to be forced to roleplay something I don't want to roleplay at the moment
>>people that have extra attacks and SCAG cantrips can use the cantrip as -one- of their extra attacks, but get to keep making the others normally.
This can be broken
Also, bye bye monks, you were already the ones dealing the weakest damage due cantrips, this is the last nail of the coffin

Rest I don't have much problem
>>
>>46099745
It also has a shitload of preconceptions of how the world works.
>>
File: MOdbG.gif (473 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
MOdbG.gif
473 KB, 320x240
>>46099585
>>
>>46099732
Some of them are just retarded. The AC boost ensures anyone without 20 in their physical stat isn't hitting anything anytime soon, the grid is changed from 5ft to 10ft, and the DM deciding what god your character worships really stick out at me. You're not even playing DnD anymore.
>>
>>46099782
Yeah, that's what established settings are.
>>
>>46099315

2nd for Eberron. Any official campaign setting has to be broad enough to encompass everything D&D, but most just feel disjointed and like they crammed in things. Eberron mostly feels pretty natural, but sill has flavor all its own.
>>
File: nautiloids.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nautiloids.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
>>46099398
I've always wanted to play a Spelljammer game
>>
>>46099585
>Items automatically breaking at 0 charges
>Knocking prone gives no benefit
>Enemies having +5 to AC
>Flanking giving advantage
>Everything gives you cover if you're a monster, even fucking air
>Enemies dash, hide, disengange AND attack in one round

This were the homerules of the last game I've been, suffice to say I left after the first hour. I wonder if it's the same dude, or if they're connected somehow.
>>
>>46099491

The thing about Spell Combat is that bladelocks use melee weapons, and firing a spell attack in melee has disadvantage, forcing them to either move or take Crossbow Expert. But it's still an interesting choice. Perhaps an invocation would remove the penalty for being within 5' of the target?
>>
>>46099834
That's also currently incompatible with 5e.
>>
>>46099750
its in whichever order this player the basically picked out to start with every time, so if the player is on his right we go counterclockwise, clockwise if the player is on his left. Absurd.

Basically.

Do they give advantage if you're like pic?

as far as I know he doesn't.

It is.

Open hand Monks are actually fairly stupid due to the crit rules with flurry, and how prone is.

>>46099805
I should mention he keeps handing out +2 or more magical weapons, so he's simultaneously creating a problem and then "fixing" it by ensuring he has to keep using the problem.

>>46099908
was it in NM?
>>
>>46099992
Why and how?
>>
>>46099585
>>No item with uses recharges normally, most break automatically at 0 charges.
What use are they then? Does he throw items like this at you like they were candy?
>>No initiative, just goes in a circle, even outside combat is a circle
Unacceptable, pure cancer, leave group immediately, I don't even need to read the rest.
>>crits are the maximum damage you deal on your dice, then double that.
Doing both of those is a bit too much, crits dealing maximum damage is a good alternate rule but not both together.
>>Flanking works as advantage, there 90% of the time doesn't actually need to be someone directly behind the creature, just on a side that's not the one you're on.
That's fucking stupid.
>>people that have extra attacks and SCAG cantrips can use the cantrip as -one- of their extra attacks, but get to keep making the others normally.
Gish builds are already way stronger than pure martials because of caster supremacy, they don't need that.
>>Most time a grid is used every square is 10ft, large creatures still take up 4 squares with this
DM is a retard, game is designed around 5 ft squares, tell him he's stupid.
>>Identify/Detect magic are essentially replaced with Arcana checks
My group does this too lol. Identifying things is a pain in the ass nobody wants to deal with if you do it properly.
>>Survival, Insight, and Investigation can be replaced with Perception checks 50% of the time
guilty
>>Looking at other character sheets/telling other players what you have is highly discouraged.
I bet they told you optimizing your character's ability scores makes you a filthy min/maxing munchkin vermin too.
>>
>>46100005
I wouldn't mind the top 3, but being at a 90 degree angle is a little too easy.
>>
>>46100007
No good psionics. Many non-supported races. A shitload of existing equipment. The mechanics of spellcasting is entirely different.

I just want a setting, not a total mechanical overhaul.
>>
>>46100056
non-existing*
>>
>>46100033
>Gish builds are already way stronger than pure martials because of caster supremacy
Gish builds don't deal more damage than Battlemasters, Barbarians or Rangers, maybe that homerule could change this, but as it's, no, gishes are cool but not outdamage well done martials

Well, if you count Paladin as a gish, well, yeah, he's in the top 3 best martial damage dealers, but I don't see a problem with that
>>
>>46100056
I don't see how any of that makes in incompatible with 5e except for the lack of psionics and the different spellcasting (how so, by the way? I figured it was all vancian in D&D). Just port the races and equipment over.
>>
>>46100113
Not that easy and i'm lazy. Looking for something easy to pick up and play.

Mechanically magic in Dark Sun works by spellcasting works by draining life out of the planet. Also no divine domains, only Elemental Ones, which also don't exist as is in 5e.
>>
>>46100033
Somewhat, yeah. nothing normal like actual consumables, more weird shit like wand of random polymorph.

I honestly cannot fathom this. I've pointed out that it just destroys certain characters or makes us win every fight, but he doesn't listen.

Yeah, I'm annoyed at the champion because I know he made that character on purpose, he's been at the store a while and knows the DM

Yep, especially with the 10ft.

I like gishes and the SCAG spells so I can't say I hate it, but I would never allow it myself.

I have, and pointed out we have a gnome and a wood elf in the party.

I've let it slide when I've dmed, but for the most part I like using identify/detect magic because it means doing it in the middle of a crawl is hard, but you also might need to use it, and not knowing it's precise effects is interesting.

As a player, or as a DM? that's the damning bit.

>Optimizing makes you a munchkin
hahahahha
I don't think anyone else at this bloody table has less than 14 in any fucking stat because they "rolled" too well.

>>46100040
you'd be surprised at how annoying it can be to pull off even with the 90 degree.
>>
>>46100106
>Gish builds don't deal more damage than Battlemasters, Barbarians or Rangers
I count valor bards, bladesingers, and tomelocks all as gish builds because they get extra attack and can wield weapons effectively.
They all have full caster progression too that's neat.
>>
>>46100175
>Mechanically magic in Dark Sun works by spellcasting works by draining life out of the planet
That's not mechanical, that's fluff.
>>
>>46099497
If Dark Sun doesn't count (it totally does), maybe Primeval Thule? It's third party, but pretty well put together.
>>
>>46100175
It doesn't sound hard. If I wanted to, and assuming I knew enough about Dark Sun to do so, I could probably rough draft all of the stuff that doesn't exist (including the domains) in an afternoon.

If you want pick up and play, you're better off with Eberron or Forgotten Realms. Those seem to be preferred in fiction and player base.
>>
Hey /5eg/ I've been throwing around an idea for a character and wanted to make sure it wasn't too shit.

A punkass little human looking shit from a major port town, street urchin/orphan. His mom always told him before she croaked that his dad was a baron. So to get his dad's attention and recognition he went off to go adventuring.

He always thought that his dad was the baron of the region. But really he's a baron of hell.

The PC is an old school tiefling that mostly passes for human, before they all became red skinned devil people with ram horns.

For class I was thinking rogue into arcane trickster or Warlock, his pact being with his father who thinks this is all hilarious and fucks with his son.

How is it? Should I go back to the drawing board?
>>
I am preparing a very gritty capaign, with the Healer's Kit Dependency, Slow Natural Healing and Gritty Realism Rest Variant options from the DMG.
I also wanted to expand on how dangerous combat is by introducing a permanent wound system but still giving players more agency in combat, and i was thinking something like this:

Every time a character drops to 0 hp and isn't killed outright he can chose to drop instead to 1 hp and gain an exhaustion level. He can keep stacking exhaustion levels and remain to 1 hp on further damage. Each round he gains an exhaustion level or when he drops to 0 hp he must roll a Constitution Save with a DC of 5 for every exhaustion level gained this way. If the roll fails the character becomes Dying and gains a permanent wound.

What do you think? Too harsh? Can i make it better?
>>
>>46100188
No, it's mechanical. Your spells are effected by how much life you drain, and if there is none you can't really cast at all.
>>
>>46100186
Those don't outdamage Battlemaster, Paladin, Hunter Ranger and Barb at single target damage.
>>
>>46099585
>No item with uses recharges normally, most break automatically at 0 charges.
Okay, I guess that could even be kinda cool
>No initiative, just goes in a circle, even outside combat is a circle
Huh, why? When do the monsters go, all in one group? That would make it horribly swingy-
>prone is just anything but a 1 hits even with ranged, no advantage.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>46099491
This might help?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx3eaabu4od7f2x/The%20Complete%20Warlock.docx?dl=0
>>
>>46099398
>>46099897
Spelljammer might be my favorite RPG setting of all time for any system. Between that and Dark Sun I don't understand how people can say there's no interesting D&D lore.
>>
File: Capture3.png (13 KB, 728x126) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
13 KB, 728x126
In case anyone was curious. 5/5 average rating (2 ratings)
>>
>>46100223
Far too harsh. Already with what you have will significantly change the pacing of the game.

Instead, to make the impact of combat feel harsher, i'd use the injury table from the DMG. Getting dropped or suffering a critical hit should trigger it, plus with injuries you get cool broken characters.
>>
>>46100521
I think char sheet anon's class-specific sheets are fantastic, and he should put the package on DMG for pay-what-you-want when he's finished.

But only after he fixes the tickbox[ ] thing.
>>
>>46099398
I would totally settle with a merger of SJ into Planescape if they put Bral in the Astral.
>>
>>46100243
>Defiling and Preserving
>Magic on Athas rips power from living thing around you. Most spellcasters learn to preserve life by returning excess energy to the environment as the spell is cast.
>When you cast a spell, you must choose to preserve or defile. If you choose to preserve and the spell is of 1st level or higher, make an ability check with your spellcasting ability you use for that spell. The DC of the check is equal to 10 + the level of the spell being cast. On a failure, you defile instead of preserve.
>When you defile while casting a spell, you and all creatures within 5 feet of you take necrotic damage equal to the level of the spell. This distance increases by 5 feet for each slot level you use above 1st, to a maximum of 30 feet. The damage dealt by defiling ignores resistances and immunities and cannot be reduced in any way.
>If you choose to defile, these creatures automatically take this damage but the casting becomes more powerful as a result. If the spell requires an attack roll, you gain a +2 bonus to the attack roll. If the spell requires a saving throw, the save DC for that casting increases by 2.
>>
>>46100605
>Preserving
>Dark Sun

If i'm going to do Dark Sun, i'm not going to use the pussy version.
>>
>>46100583
I won't be putting the class-specific sheets on the DMsguild. In fact, I am removing the footer that is on every other sheet from the reference page. They contain copyrighted information that is not part of the OGL. It is definitely not charsheet anon that is making these :^)
>>
>>46099277
Ravenloft yo
>>
How about a warmagic invocation for bladelocks? would that fix the pact?
>>
Planescape 5e when
>>
>>46100685
>When you cast a wizard, sorcerer, bard, or warlock spell, you and creatures within 30 feet take necrotic damage equal to the spell's level. Any plant life in the area begins to wilt and decay. This damage ignores resistances and immunities and cannot be reduces in any way.
>>
>>46099491
Hideous blow.

If I ever stop being lazy, I'm gonna homebrew a 5e warlock that feels more like the 3.5e warlock.
>>
>>46099398
GIVE ME SPELLJAMMER
>>
>>46100699
Ohhhh. What about the SRD? I thought it can be SRD (not OGL) stuff if it goes on DMG?
>>
>>46100820
The SRD is all the stuff from 5e that is covered under OGL.

The DMs Guild can have anything from any of the books (and even past editions depending on the current setting stuff allowed) in exchange for exclusivity and usage rights.
>>
>>46100820
I believe SRD and OGL are the same thing for 5e. OGL is just the licensing.

>>46100852
>anything from any of the books

I don't believe that is entirely accurate. From what I understand, they mean any settings, locations, names, monsters, etc are allowed. I don't think copying PHB (non-SRD-OGL) verbatim is included in that blanket.
>>
>>46099497

I know this is 5eg, but of you want more Conan, you should check out the Conan game on KS right now.

>inb4 shilling accusations
>>
>>46100776
What's stopping you from running it now?
>>
>>46099277
>Best setting?
Either Spelljammer or Planescape. Both are awesome.
>>
>>46100932
For me it would be all the effects on spells and magic items the planes have.
>>
>>46100685
The "pussy version" has been in the game since 2e (which is when DS happened to begin with)
>>
>>46100005
I use flanking for enemies that are intelligent enough to flank. Humanoids or other intelligent creatures are able to flank. The other monsters that would make sense (like wolves) already have pack tactics. Undead do not flank, for example.
My rules for "am I flanking" is if a straight line between you and your body cross the base of the enemy.

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

Standing at 8, you flank 1, 2, 3, standing at 9 you flank 4, 1, 2. With larger monsters its easier to flank. I don't like giving advantage for flanking, but its easier to track than +2
>>
>>46100979
I just checked my Dark Sun campaign setting book now. No preservers.
>>
>>46100412
not that other anon but thanks, some stuff in here ima ask my DM about using
>>
>>46100973
What goes wrong if you use the 2e ones?
>>
>>46101010
I don't recall any "preservers" either, but there are definitely mages who practice magic in secret, although doing so is illegal, and defy the defilers. Defiling wasn't an inherent part of how magic functioned, just a way for magic users to acquire more magic and make their existing magic stronger.
>>
Dark Sun is like the Mad Max of D&D.
Defilers rule kingdoms in a desolate world, and outlaw all magic except that performed by the Templars who serve them.
>>
>>46099663
It's post apocalyptic, but still fantasy. There is no modern or advanced technology. Think Dark Souls, but with less undead and more desert.
>>
>>46099277
>Best setting?
Homebrew is best brew. I don't like the idea of running what amounts to fanfic of some other DM's shit.
>>
>>46100056
>No good psionics
I believe they will continue to release the Awakened Mystic playtest 5 levels at a time, and then fully release it once that is perfected.
After that, anything is possible. I hope they release Dark Sun.
>>
>>46100033
>What use are they then? Does he throw items like this at you like they were candy?
There are no metal weapons, or, at least, metal is absurdly rare. Most weapons the PCs will have will be crafted, by them. Most are made of wood or bone, with the extremely skilled and fortunate having obsidian weapons.
>>
>>46100981
But 8 to 1/3 isn't a straight line through the enemy
>>
>>46100033
>>46101269
Wait, I'm retarded. I thought you were still talking about Dark Sun.
>>
File: flunked.jpg (12 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
flunked.jpg
12 KB, 300x299
>>46101271
>>
This is the layout I have planned for the classes with tons of options. Several sheets with as many domains/schools/whatever as I can fit, each sheet containing the base features.
>>
>>46101358
Whoops, duplicate Channel Divinity: Radiance of the Dawn. fixed.

Going to hold off on updating zip until I have all of the cleric domains finished.
>>
>>46101358
Maybe make the main sheet with only the base Cleric options and have a separate sheet for Domains?
>>
>>46101202
Shitty author detected.
>>
>>46101429
eh, too much wasted space and extra sheets
>>
>>46101333
Ah so your hourserule is that it doesn't need to actually go through the center, just an edge.
>>
>>46101471
True. Regardless, keep up the good work. I know I'll definitely use these.
>>
>>46101486
4e rules.
>>
>>46099441
>but it gets dangerously cheesy, in several senses.
Oh?
>>
File: brlogo.gif (68 KB, 417x243) Image search: [Google]
brlogo.gif
68 KB, 417x243
>>46099277
I've been reading up on Birthright recently, I very rarely see it mentioned.
>>
>>46101829
Because Forgotten Realms is the cancer that has completely blighted the entirety of D&D for HALF A CENTURY and we will never ever have anything original ever again.
>>
File: here comes ayn rand.jpg (79 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
here comes ayn rand.jpg
79 KB, 500x311
Ayy where the Strahd scan at?
>>
>>46099277
> Best setting?
Eberron, of course (I actually prefer my own settings, but I assume you meant official settings).

At this point, though, I'd settle for anything that's not Forgotten Realms. Fuck, I'd even take Grayhawk, at least it'd be a slightly different flavor of boring generic fantasy setting.
>>
>>46100791
>I'm gonna homebrew a 5e warlock that feels more like the 3.5e warlock
For what purpose
>>
>>46100747
It should require them to know either blade Ward or true strike.

I love the warlock, but I'm sick to shit of people not taking combat cantrips and then wondering why bladelock is ass.
>>
>>46100106
Damage is not the measure of strength in D&D, though, the ability to meaningfully affect the outcome of an adventure is. A gish combines respectable damage output (even if it is outclassed by some pure martials) with a spellcaster's ability to use spells to contribute to a variety of scenarios. This is an incredibly powerful combination... it won't automatically break the game, but it's something that you need to pay attention to.
>>
>>46102489
Both Blade Ward and True Strike suck, though.

>your action for one attack with advantage on your next turn
>your action for half damage against physical til your next turn

Warlocks take combat cantrips, it's called Eldritch Blast. The only cantrips that help bladelock out are the SCAG ones.
>>
>>46099491
>Fixing bladelocks

5 levels in Battlemaster?

Alternatively, more Blade-focused Invocations. Something to let them cast in combat without penalty and cast without a free hand would be awesome. I know they're already feats but when your class relies on at least two or three feats and three main stats to be viable you're gonna have a bad time. Plus a way to get armour without either starting as a Fighter or sinking yet another feat into it.
>>
>>46102489
>Pick GFB
>"Oh, look, now thirsting blade is literally useless...also, look, tomelock did picked the same cantrip and also has shillelagh and only focus on Cha and it's outdamaging me, what a great day!"
Yep, I wonder why people complain too
>>
>>46102542
>your action for half damage against physical til your next turn
'Till the end of your next turn, so you can use it to tank AoOs.

Not that much better, though. It needs to either last longer or cost a reaction (which I think would need to make it a 1st level spell). I can't think of a good reason to use it unless you know for a fact you'll be taking damage or you plan on provoking AoOs.
>>
>>46099277
>Greyhawk is the only acceptable answer.
>>
>>46102563
I think 3 levels in Paladin help bladelocks a lot
>>
>>46102489
You know there's a reason people don't take blade ward or true strike, right? They suck ass. Like, terribly so. Blade ward is useless in a fight, and is pretty much only good for moving through auto-damage areas to minimize the hurt: in combat, Dodge is almost always a better option. And true strike is also almost always useless, since making two attacks over two rounds is objectively better than making one attack with advantage over two rounds. True strike is only useful if you have a one-use attack that you HAVE to hit with, which is incredibly rare.
>>
>>46099277
"The Best" is Dark Sun
My personal favourite is Ravenloft
Honorable Mention: Planescape
>>
>>46102763
I was talking about taking either one as a prerequisite for being permitted to buy another, better class archetype's defining feature, but sure, be a complete pissbaby about it.
>>
What place does the Feywild and Shadowfell have in your world, and more importantly 5e?

Shadow I can kind of find some purpose for, but the Feywild rifts off of Arvandor in Arborea too much.
>>
>>46102961
I was responding to this part of your post:
> ...but I'm sick to shit of people not taking combat cantrips and then wondering why bladelock is ass.

If you weren't referring to blade ward and true strike when you said that, then you need to make that clear, because that's what the context implies.
>>
What's the consensus on Curse of Strand?
>>
>>46102961
>but I'm sick to shit of people not taking combat cantrips and then wondering why bladelock is ass.
Pretty sure he was just calling bullshit on your second sentence, also, he's right, those two cantrips are shit, literally only useful in fringe as fuck situations.
>>
>>46103100
It would have been better if it was a new Against the Giants instead
>>
>>46103100
Wicked.
>>
>>46102489
laughingbarbarians.jpeg
>>
>>46102563
Somebody posted a link to a Dropbox with a home brew that does just that above.
>>
Sons of D&D, of 5e, my brothers, I see in your posts the same hope that would take the heart of me.

That a day may come when the camaraderie of /5eg/ triumphs.

When we stand with our friends and break all spines of our books.

An hour of scanners and shattered pixels, when the age of no scans comes crashing down.

But it is not this day.
>>
>new player
>actually put effort on learning
>learn about common traps, materials, prices, strategies to follow as individual
>in one moment, i ask if i can have silver coating services
>"youre out of the game since you know what comes next"

Someone explain this shit to me. While I did do some metaroleplay on the game, it was all just from sheer understanding and guessing of what was going on.
>>
>>46103551
Why did you post this? You just want us to go "your DM is shit" so you can feel better about getting kicked out?
>>
>>46103551
Sounds like DM butthurt.

You're better off without.
>>
>>46103551
If you know the rules you can call on whatever bullshit your GM might come up, that's being a that guy, GMs should bs players with impunity.
>>
>>46103606
Being "thats guy" is a matter of intent.

Calling out DMs on bullshit isn't being "that guy" unless the DM *has* a legitimate reason and you just don't like it because "it's not RAW".
>>
What would your tips be to engender a sense of horror and dread during a campaign?

I'm trying to get my players to really get into the persona of their characters and become more attached to them to exploit that a bit to get some tension. Spooky music, different music for certain encounters, eerie sound effects when I can, etc. I'm using Roll20.

Any ideas/your experiences?
>>
>>46099398
Agreed.
>>
File: hadlin.png (216 KB, 775x1041) Image search: [Google]
hadlin.png
216 KB, 775x1041
I'm playing my first game this weekend and want to make sure I know how to set up a character sheet correctly. The stats are just placeholder for now, but I rolled 17 9 15 13 13 13.

Does everything seem set up correctly? I'm not bothering with stuff on pg 2 or 3 for now.
>>
File: 1319939532722.jpg (2 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1319939532722.jpg
2 KB, 251x251
>Making new setting for next 5e campaign
>Wanting all sorts of real-world influences on cultures
>But don't want to be stereotpyical or have borderline racist caricatures of real-world cultures

I know it's Tropes & Stereotypes the roleplaying game but fuck this is hard
>>
>>46103777
In my experience, it's rarely that successful unless your players are really good roleplayers.

I mean, still do that, it's still fun, but it'll just be like a color filter more than a tangible experience unless your players are super invested inherently.
>>
>>46104071
Looks fine.

Page 2 isn't something we can/should help you with since it's all backstory and appearance, and you don't have spells till 2 so don't worry about page 3 just yet.

You've forgotten the gold and such you've gotten from the acolyte background, but otherwise looks fine.
>>
>>46099277
>Best setting?
Converting my homebrew that started as B/X and moving it to 5th.
>>
>>46104083
You can always do the old trick of taking 3 different cultures and mashing them up. Works wonders in my experience.
>>
>>46104209
That's fair. I suppose it's left more to the reader to accept that just because these pointy-eared dudes wearing feathers doesn't mean they're literally native americans.

I mean details like that are so non-specific in the first place.
>>
>>46102890
I'd swap Planescape with Dark Sun, but other than that it's correct.
>>
>>
I've read a lot of stuff about the forces of chaos and/or evil getting too strong, but is there any good stuff about good and/or order getting too strong? Say, an elder "evil" of LN alignment whose single goal is to create absolute order, and to achieve this means to drop the temperature of the universe at all points to absolute zero?
>>
>>46102890
>"The Best" is Dark Sun
>My personal favourite is Ravenloft
Fucking marry me now
>>
>>46102981
The Feywild is the plane of origin of the Eladrin, and, therefore, the elves, right?
>>
>>46104083
Then pick cultures nobody cares about
>>
>>46104997
It doesn't even need to be that contrived. You can have reasonably-mundane characters who are emblematic of runaway order.

See: Javert.
>>
>>46105050
Yes.
>>46102981
I use A Midsummer Night's Dream for my model of the Feywild. A whimsical, sinister place of magic, romance, and mischief.
>>
>>46105050
I don't think so? Eladrin as far as I know come from Arvandor in Arborea. Players Handbook says Elves came from the blood of Corellon Larethian, which I like the imagery of, the blood being spilt makes a strangely violent birth for such a beautiful race.
>>
>>46105130
How about the forces of good?
>>
>>46105153
>I use A Midsummer Night's Dream for my model of the Feywild
That's literally what it fucking is.

You're not special.
>>
>>46105192
Have you ever seen the movie Demolition Man?
>>
>>46105223
No. Googling now.
>>
What CR should a Vistani Bandit be?

A normal bandit is CR 1/4. Vistani Bandit however get a range 10ft. DC 10 Wisdom saving throw Hold Person once per rest
>>
>>46105192
The land has been at peace for centuries. There is no struggle, no great evil, no cosmic conflict

Everybody is fucking bored.
>>
>>46105275
Does it really matter?
>>
>>46105275
Still CR 1/4. That kind of ability doesn't change CR by RAW.
>>
>>46104597
Looking good man, keep it up.
>>
>>46104597
Last of Cleric, zip has been updated.
>>
>>46105275
>>46105346
Correction CR 1/8. But yeah that's true, but Hold Person could really fuck someone up
>>46105323
I like going through the adventures and statting up the creatures found there. Particularly adding racial mods to NPCs
>>
>>46099398
Agreed. I once had the immense pleasure of running a Spelljammer campaign. Highlights included:
>Being attacked by angry Thri-Keen at the local equivalent of the DMV
>Fighting a necromancy-powered Spelljamming vessel with a literal skeleton crew
>Killing a Tyrannosaurus Rex while shipwrecked
>Bringing the zombie T-Rex, now named Chompy, with them when they left the planet
>Stealing a magical artifact from the Lady of Pain's private vault in Sigil and living to tell the tale
>Coating their ship in reinforced and enchanted adamantine and piloting it through Azreath, Elder God and Eater of Worlds
>Beating a Spelljamming Vessel that turned into a gigantic wood-based Mecha

I may have taken certain liberties with the setting. I have no regrets.
>>
>>46105460
Any tips for an anon who also wishes to take many liberties with the Spelljammer setting?
>>
>>46105391
>Particularly adding racial mods to NPCs

Rarely comes up in most adventures asides from OotA, but great for homebrew.
>>
>>46105520
All you need for lore: http://www.spelljammer.org/
>>
>>46105527
I'm proud to say that I have made stats for every NPC and non-MM standard creature in OotA
>>
>>46105549
That sounds pointless and like a generally wasted effort.

Because it's a shit adventure.
>>
>>46105548
I've got the campaign setting downloaded, i'm just curious in how you handled things like the ships and whatnot.

I'm considering basically taking the Great Wheel cosmology and turning it into a galaxy, but I don't know if that's too far in a sci fi direction or not.
>>
>>46105595
What? Nonononononono. Make a galaxy, with their own planets and cultures. Have that be connected to the Great Wheel through magic. Travel to other Material Planes through Spelljamming.

And cannot get more scifi than the scifi setting.
>>
File: KingMyboy.jpg (21 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
KingMyboy.jpg
21 KB, 480x340
>>46105320
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
>>
>>46105185
He means a different kind of Eladrin which do originate in the Feywild.
>>
I'm a moderately experienced DM starting with a new group who have played 3.5 quite a lot, but not 5e yet. What adventure should I start them with? LMoP?
>>
>>46105667
LMoP is pretty great, yeah.
>>
>>46099585
>Looking at other character sheets/telling other players what you have is highly discouraged.
This is basically the only one that doesn't make my eyes hurt.
>>
File: umadlad.jpg (49 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
umadlad.jpg
49 KB, 400x359
>>46105579
>>
>>46105520
I started with the lore that >>46105548 recommends but added more levity and 'rule of cool' to the campaign. I rewarded players for making clever, bombastic, and/or risky decisions, usually with bonuses to the rolls or better loot afterwards. I gave out magic items and other rewards to make sure the weaker characters could keep up with the stronger ones (for example, we had both a Wizard and a Fighter, so the Fighter ended up getting some sweet combat tricks he could use, as well as slightly more expensive magic equipment).

In regards to the plot, I threw out a few plot hooks for different adventures and introduced a 'main plot' that the players could choose to go on if they wanted to. My PCs were very mercenary, mainly looking to get paid, so I focused on presenting jobs with different cool payouts. The Spelljamming let me send them to all sorts of different campaign settings, from the Underdark to Krynn to Shard, and the campaign was mostly short arcs 2-3 sessions long.

What I enjoyed most from running Spelljammer was the freedom it offered everyone. They could go anywhere, do anything, and I could make them fight everything from building-sized iron golems to Freddy-Kreuger-style fey creatures from the Feywilds. So... don't railroad the players. Let them choose their own path.
>>
>CoS random encounter can be 1d6 werewolves

PC's better silver their weapons or they are FUCKED
>>
>>46102398
Because those warlocks were more interesting. Eldritch blast was more than just a machine gun, you could apply effects or different shapes. And invocations were cast at wills, none of this two-pact-spells-per-short-rest or even once-per-day crap. They were a caster-flavor for those who don't want spells per day Vancian stuff.

5e lock feels more like what they should have done with Sorcerors to differentiate them more from Wizards now that Wizards get the upsides to spontaneous and preparation at the same time.
>>
File: 1392530485311.png (268 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1392530485311.png
268 KB, 361x691
>>46105579
OoTA is the best adventure for 5e so far. At least, it's the most open and fun and has the most personality of all of the adventure modules released as of yet.
>>
>>46105818
In 12 hours, two encounters can occur. In wolf form they shadow the party until they strike with advantage. So you could potentially have 12 werewolves raping the party
>>
>>46105637
Hmmm. Maybe. Like I said, I'm taking boatloads of liberties. I never liked the phlogiston or crystal spheres, and I would still have many "Prime Material" themed worlds throughout the galaxy, and some words and systems coloured by the Great Wheel cosmology.

I was planning on the Astral Plane being like the Warp in it's way of travel and some of the entities within.

The center of the galaxy was to be this writhing thing like the Elemental Chaos or Limbo.

Dragons were going to be like these ancient insidious creatures whose bloodlines are found throughout the galaxy.

The Far Realm was to be out from beyond the galaxy, Dark Elves are High Elves that were banished to the far reaches of the galaxy, the long trip mutating them. Modrons fleets were on the March, and there were Negative Energy stars forming Ghost Systems and more.

Essentially it was going to be the Great Wheel cosmology, made into a One World cosmology, but made into a galaxy rather than a world.
>>
>>46105867
Sure, sure. As long as you ignore PotA, CoS, and LMoP. The Dragon Quests are shit, and are totally beaten by the railroad through the underdark.
>>
>>46105707
"What? Why would I want to know the capabilities of the people I'm trusting to watch my back and fight with me in life-or-death situations? That's just silly."
>>
Anyone here run Death House?
I have a few questions.
How did your players end up handling the shambling mound , and how did you handle resting within the house? None? Short Rests? A pit stop somewhere for a long rest?
>>
>>46099517
I heard they also have flying ships.
>>
>>46106301
As I recall there's nothing stopping a party from taking long rests in most of the rooms of the house, which is good if they're first or second level because most of the encounters are pretty deadly for a group that low leveled.

The Shambling Mound is meant to be ran from. As written though, between the Mound and the house attacking the party you're very likely to have a TPK, and almost certainly going to lose at least one or two characters.
>>
>>46104083
I'm having luck with a country set in fantasy not-Spain with Mayan and modern East Los Angeles mixed into it. Yes they're all related but once you add these influences into D&D, it just feels good.

>yes we have tieflng cholos
>>
>>46106432
Deadly as fuck
4 ghouls?
2 ghasts?
6 Shadows?
They're going to be pissed at me.
The mound, I'm pretty worried about, they're all pretty knowledgeable though, so I'm sure they'll all run away from it.
>>
Anyone have a character sheet with a generic field for keeping track of things like superiority dice or Ki?
>>
>>46106301
My party sacrificed a creature
>>
>>46106688
What creature?
>>
File: pharaoh's statue.jpg (158 KB, 738x632) Image search: [Google]
pharaoh's statue.jpg
158 KB, 738x632
>>46104083

In my homebrew, I'm just going full-bore and making a planet filled with every culture's myths, all happening simultaneously and within sailing distance of one another. Dwarven refugees from Midgard join up with samurai from Yayoi and bedouins from Dilmun to search for the lost city of El Dorado in the jungles of Aztlán. But since Quetzalcoatl is real, and blood sacrifices actually work, the natives aren't just going to roll over and die the first time they see dickheads with guns on horses.

I'm basically taking the concept behind Greyhawk and pushing it as far as it'll go.
>>
>>46106880
that statue looks like fucking moon knight.
>>
File: 5e fags WILL defend this.png (56 KB, 714x205) Image search: [Google]
5e fags WILL defend this.png
56 KB, 714x205
Anybody gonna bite today?
>>
>>46106966
It's free on DMsguild. Go get it yourself.

It's too big to put in a single post anyway.
>>
>>46106946
Pretty sure that's cause it's a panel from a Moon Knight comic.
He keeps that creepy statue of Khonshu in his house.
>>
>>46106966
quick look at the dmg, and it is on 1.7, and pay what you want. what is stopping you from getting it for free?
>>
>>46099398
> Did a Spelljammer campaign but had to make it for PF since friends refuse to play anything else
> Ended up having a pirate campaign with PCs raiding places and whaling
> Wizard and Cleric ended up becoming Necrons by being liches and skeletons with the living metal (adamantine) template and creating skeletons armed with lightning rifles also with the template
> Ends with the Necrons going to explore other galaxies while the Rogue and Swashbuckler going get booty
>>
>>46106965
I got ya.
YOU CAN ROLEPLAY THEM DIFFERENTLY THAT'S WHY IT'S TOTALLY OK!
Honestly it doesn't really matter. They should totally pull an AD&D and add WEAPON SPEED and different damage for larger targets, just to make things messier again.
>>
>>46106994
That's sweet. I really should read some MK.
>>
>>46106714
Wizard's familiar
>>
>>46099585
Bail. Bail. Bail. Run the other way. No game is better than a bad game.
>>
>>46107059
>No game is better than a bad game.
Wouldn't that imply that a bad game is the best game?
>>
>>46106994

Winner winner chicken dinner
>>
>>46107094
I think there should be a comma.
>>
>>46100175
I've seen several homebrews that address all of that stuff. Still, I would be hesitant to run Dark Sun at the moment, too.

I've been considering making my own setting, but am super lazy, so probably never will.
>>
>>46106984
>>46106996
Nevermind, for some reason I thought they wanted money

Done and done lads, thanks anyway.
>>
>>46106965
You're right, weapons in 5E are poorly designed pieces of crap. The question then is, how do we fix this?

My personal solution is to make most weapons have roughly the same cost, weight, and stats. Simple weapons don't have any extra benefits beyond this, but Martial weapons come with a special perk; Axes might deal slightly more damage, Swords might grant a bonus to attack rolls, Hammers have some measure of armour penetration, and so forth.

All weapons can be thrown, wielded in two hands, or dual wielded (except crossbows which can't be effectively thrown, and bows that can't be thrown or dual wielded). Doing so give minor benefits, such as using both hands granting bonus damage with melee weapons or bonus to hit with ranged weapons.
>>
>>46107047
The DM allowed that?
>>
>>46100219
I like it. I'd still have some tiefling-like traits, maybe as time goes on.

Go with warlock, it would be hilarious.

Were I your DM, I'd run with this to the end of the horizon just to torture your character.

....I may be an evil DM.
>>
>>46103551
Firstly, you're playing a role-playing tabletop, not a video game. Would your character know to silver their weapons? If not then you're meta-minmaxing. Try to get into the character and not focus on the optimization of getting from point A to B.

Secondly, your DM should have creatively circumnavigated that situation instead of
>hurr durr I can't handle thinking creatively so you're kicked
He could have said there was no one in the area to silver the weapons. Or that the silvering was done by an inexperienced Smith so it doesn't have the full effect that it normally should.

Both parties are at fault.
>>
>>46107137
I houserule that any sort of damage type the weapon could reasonably do (meaning it was made to do) it can. So a battleax can do slashing, and a longsword can do slashing and piercing. You tell me what kind of damage you want to deal with it, and I'll tell you if the weapon's capable without it counting as improvised.
>>
Cos scan when?
>>
File: tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Druid.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Druid.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Druid reference sheet. Fucking circle spells
>>
>>46107232
>Would your character know to silver their weapons?
That's a supremely dumb question to ask, anon. Of course he does. The same way every adventurer who isn't a complete retard packs rope, torches, flint and tinder, waterskins, grappling hook, stuff like that. Silvered weapons are available in the PHB, so it can be assumed that every adventurer knows they exist and that they can get it done if they need to. Back in 3.5, I would always have a silver/mithril weapon, and a cold iron weapon in my pack if I was a martial character, just being prepared, and in 5e, a silvered weapon is something I try to get with one of my first purchases.
>>
>>46100223
Using the Healer's Kit Dependency, Slow Natural Healing and Gritty Realism Rest Variant is fine; don't bother with the houserule, just use lingering injuries.

Lingering injuries scare the crap out of my players, but they love it when it happens to the bad guys.
>>
>>46107338
Yeah, that's a lot of room taken up for circle spells.

Thanks a million for these, though. I'm going to be playing a Druid in an upcoming game.
>>
File: lady of pain.jpg (64 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
lady of pain.jpg
64 KB, 385x500
>>46099277

I've been reading up on some D&D lore and came upon this creature.

What are your thoughts on her actions, brutality, and nature?
>>
>>46107338
By the way, can someone add CharSheetAnon's mega file to the Pastebin?
>>
>>46100898
It's not everything, but most things setting-agnostic or Forgotten Realms related it allowed. To be safe, I'd not post things that are not in the SRD as well, unless you wrote them.
>>
>>46107232

As a DM, I completely disagree. The game has lots of options for players to prepare for all kinds of things. Good players gather information about the adventure to come, prepare, and get down to business. A DM that gets butthurt because a player wants to prepare is teaching his table to be bad at the game.

His character is an adventurer. Surely somewhere in the course of learning how to wield twenty different weapons, someone would have mentioned the fact that a silver coating is handy if you come across supernatural creatures. If anything, a character who *doesn't* have the knowledge to do that kind of preparation should be exceptional.
>>
>>46107380
The LoP is unfathomable. All that can be said is she (apparently) keeps the Cage running, and minimizes violence. That, and she keeps out interfering powers, the Blood war, and other shit. Beyond that, no one knows shit.
>>
>>46107365

I use lingering injuries as well, but only when a player is dropped to zero. Having it on crits means that players have no way to prevent it happening, so it's just a random 'fuck you' ever twenty rolls or so. If you have lingering injuries only when they drop to zero, they have a way to prevent it—keep your hit points topped up, and you won't get stabbed in the eye.
>>
File: Untitled.png (36 KB, 462x71) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36 KB, 462x71
>>46107161
I allowed it yeah, see image.
>>
>>46107380
>>46107455

We know that she's not omnipotent, because there's a fairly powerful lord of hell hiding out in Sigil. We know that she cares about the philosophical and political factions of Sigil, because she stops new factions from cropping up. We know that she doesn't want worshippers, because people who worship her get mazed. We know some stuff, just not very much. She's a mystery to be used sparingly.
>>
>>46107380

It's a GM Railroad device.

When TSR started getting into 'story-heavy' and metaplot-driven settings to compete with White Wolf(read: Ravenloft and Planescape), they realized very quickly that they needed to have a way for GMs to railroad murderhoboey players onto the right track instead of fucking around.

For some reason, the prevailing philosophy at TSR was "Just have a device that is fluff-explainable, and will brutally murder them for stepping off the tracks".
>>
>>46107338
Oh boy. Class specific sheets are my favorite. Going to do one for each?
>>
>>46107338
haha, it sounds like you hate making tables charsheetanon. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>46107338
Sorry to ask this so late, but why are you adding every archetype to each?
Doesn't that completely destroy the amount of space you have available?
I get that you making stuff for like wizard would be impossible, but couldn't you just make like an baseline archetype tree?
Like, using the druid as example making a Moon sheet and an All Lands sheet (Cause splitting each land type into it's own sheet is almost as retarded as splitting wizard schools), instead of both like that is?

>>46107553
He has been. I'll give you a hint: Druid starts with D and he started with B.
>>
>>46107535
We know she's not omnipotent because she couldn't stop Vecna from entering Sigil in Die Vecna, Die.
>>
>>46107487
Familiars don't die, numb nuts
>>
>>46107593
>couldn't you just make like an baseline archetype tree

Why, though? There is nothing else worth putting in the space made by doing so. If you are that worried about wasting printer ink, just open it in a pdf editor and delete the stuff you don't want.
>>
>>46107164
Oh that's a good idea more of the heritage becoming more pronounced as the game goes.

Thanks for the input mate. Just need to find a game now.
>>
>>46107593
>I'll give you a hint: Druid starts with D and he started with B.
Oh, I'll have to check out the Battlemaster Fighter sheet then!
>>
>>46103166
I wouldn't be terribly upset if this was the next one. From the hints, it probably is.

>>46103777
You lose a lot while playing online, unfortunately. In my online game, none of my players were scared about anything, save for one when they fought a completely butt-fuck insane assassin rogue.

In my IRL game, though, the players and their characters are scared shitless right now, and I cackle with glee over it.

>>46105244
Oh, you're in for a fun night.

>>46105823
Do it, anon. We'll tear it apart and try to make it balanced. Or, at least I will. I never got to play one in 3.5, so I'm not much help until you've got the mechanics done.

>>46107466
I tweaked it as well to have a confirm roll; on an 11-20, the lingering injury happens. Forget where I got that idea, though...

It's only happened three times in four months, so far. The worst to a PC was a spear through the lung for internal injuries--easily taken care of by the cleric. The worst NPC one as the loss of a leg.

>>46107649
Roll20, brother anon. If nothing else, mayhaps try a Play-by-Post game, if there's literally nothing in your area. Assuming you're not a creeper, check the local colleges. Even in my shit-town Hicksville, USA, there's a couple D&D games from the community college.
>>
>>46107109
No, a comma wouldn't be correct. The sentence is grammatically correct but ambiguous; vocal inflection would normally indicate meaning. It should be rephrased.
"A bad game is worse than no game"
"Not playing anything is better than playing a bad game"
>>
>>46107713
Correct.
>>
File: Battlemaster fighter.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Battlemaster fighter.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46107627
Ah, yeah. That's probably what I'll end up doing, honestly didn't think of that.

not worried about ink, it's more of I think that having all of the stuff from other archetypes in that section is rather ugly to me. This shit as it is normally would be absolutely wonderful for handing new players though, so I'm keeping the originals.

I'm gonna keep the refrence page as is no matter what because they just look good and simplistic, and you can use them for multiple characters.
Keep up the good stuff with that, by the way. Love it.

>>46107659
lemme help with that. you cheeky cunt
>>
I've been thinking about giving one of my player's PCs a curse that transforms one of their arms into some kind of monstrous claw or blade or something. Any ideas of benefits/drawbacks I could tack onto this?
>>
>>46107746
I guess I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you meant separate reference sheets. I can understand having several page 1 versions, one for each archetype. I will do that.
>>
>>46107788
Look up vestigial limbs.
>>
>>46107788
y tho
>>
>>46107810
You don't have to if you don't want to. other people probably desire the other sheets with all of them more than my autistic desire to not have permanently unfilled circles and unused abilities on my paper.
>>
>>46107788
I must ask why.

However, go the fun route, rather than the punishment route.

Have his arm be cursed in a way that might, maybe, be occasionally useful, to make him or her question whether this is a curse or a blessing.
>>
File: tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Druid.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Druid.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46107881
Nah, it doesn't take long at all.
>>
>>46105374
It's "Arcane" Domain, not "Divine".
>>
>>46107713
Alternatively: "There aren't any games better than bad games."
>>
File: penitant_005.jpg (205 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
penitant_005.jpg
205 KB, 525x700
Thread still up? I'd love to see Wizards publish a campaign centered around the Fey, particularly the Unseelie Court, and their particular flavor of terror...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-heSRbvCErU
>>
>>46107694
I've had the reverse experience with roleplaying myself. I've had people get way more into character via text than voice. I admit that might have been because of my group more than anything.

Your right about roll Roll20. It looks like it'll be the best chance. I've had some less than stellar experiences there but who knows.

I'll probably pop into the discord to see if there are any games there too.
>>
>>46107901
When do you think you'll get to do paladin? I'm a forever DM and I'm actually about to play my first game ever on Sunday. Paladin seems fun.

Also, great work man. You're going the lords work
>>
File: 1422400828288.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1422400828288.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
Just went down to my local game shop, heard from a friend they hired a guy to DM for public to come in a few weeks back. Figured hey, this will be a good chance to get back into an IRL group after all my friends moved.

>proficiency in an ability check means you have advantage and also add the bonus
>if you roll a 20 on initiative you roll another d20 and add it (somebody got a 56 initiative with two 20s and a 16)
>make a Dex check to initiate a grapple (I was playing a Barbarian)
>called shots to heads that instantly drop a target to 0
>very obviously fudging rolls behind the board to make everything hit the party
>claimed dual wielding was OP on release but they nerfed it with errata
>GAVE THE PARTY FIGHTER EXHAUSTION FOR USING ACTION SURGE
>allowed party rogue (his gf or sister idk) the option to openly steal from party members
>introduced my character as a naked prisoner with no way to regain my possessions

He clearly had only MAYBE skimmed through the book. Probably the worst DM I've played with desu, and that's after playing only online for the last 2 years. This guy gets PAID to do this.
>>
File: tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Bard.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Bard.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46107918
Ah, right you are, read the wrong header. it's actually Arcana
>>
>>46107623
They don't leave corpses?
>>
>>46107788

The arm has advantage on Strength checks, but every time he uses it, it creeps further up his body. It starts at the hand, then up to the elbow, then the shoulder, and so on. After using it, say, ten times, the character is fully transformed into an ogre, minotaur, or something else nasty and big. With the inherent penalties to Intelligence and Charisma, of course.
>>
>>46107980
have you tried reading the spell description

retard

fool

idiot

moron
>>
>>46107975
you have to stop this man from chasing people away from roleplaying
>>
>>46107975

>proficiency in an ability check means you have advantage and also add the bonus
>make a Dex check to initiate a grapple
>GAVE THE PARTY FIGHTER EXHAUSTION FOR USING ACTION SURGE

sounds like a great place to be a rogue

>allowed party rogue (his gf or sister idk)

AND NOW WE KNOW
>>
>>46108029
The players seemed happy, but they were all very ignorant of the rules too. The guy had 2 copies of the PHB right there and none of them knew shit despite them sitting open on their class. Like nigga READ.
>>
>>46107980
they do not and are not living animals.
>>
File: Untitled.png (129 KB, 426x171) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
129 KB, 426x171
>>46108000
>>
>>46108102
Specific vs. general. The familiar disappears instead of dying or falling unconscious.
>>
>>46107820
>>46107893
He's a Fiend Warlock who's patron is a powerful Demon that enjoys experimenting on his "toys", to see how they react and how they deal with it. The Warlock has been actively rejecting his Patron's wishes and goals, so I figured it would be appropriate to have to Demon fuck around with him.

I'll probably talk about it with the player though, while keeping the exact details under wraps. I like keeping my players in the loop to a certain extent.
>>
>>46107975
>desu
This needs to stop
>>
>>46108000
>>46108102
not same anon, but I've always been curious about that.
since it never dies, if you summon the same type of familiar, do you still have to pay 10G? my DM is oddly insistent on causing familars to die horribly.

Subnote: anything I can do to prevent that? like point out any rule that makes it really hard to hit my familar or something.
>>
>>46108102
am I being rused
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.