[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Horus Heresy General.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: HHG.jpg (671 KB, 811x542) Image search: [Google]
HHG.jpg
671 KB, 811x542
Rolled 4 (1d20)

[Legion that the die rolled] Edition

LAST TIME ON HHG >>46069217
*NEW* HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf
or
https://kat.cr/the-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Isstvan Campaign Legions: http://www.mediafire.com/download/deadtdf0y47k59k/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
File: v.jpg (149 KB, 1200x767) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
149 KB, 1200x767
First for the Third Legion
>>
File: file.png (456 KB, 570x552) Image search: [Google]
file.png
456 KB, 570x552
>>46096747
First for traitor fucking shits regretting the day they turned their back on the Emperor
>>
File: 100% Loyal.jpg (155 KB, 1028x767) Image search: [Google]
100% Loyal.jpg
155 KB, 1028x767
>>46097031

L O Y A L
O
Y
A
L
>>
>>46097031
> Look Ferrus.
> Look at what I am offering you.
> Your Dreams.
>>
File: lorgar.jpg (361 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
lorgar.jpg
361 KB, 800x1066
who /devotedtotheprimordialtruthandthechosensonofthegodslorgarpbuh/ here?
>>
So are the FW books in sync with the BL ones, or can they be considered separate?
By this I mean did for example the destruction of Bodt take place in the BL books as well, seeing as Mor hasn't been mentioned even once in them
>>
>>46097411
BL is canon, the FW books are "what-if" scenarios
>>
>>46097596
You sure?
I'm talking about the fluff pieces BTW, not Ferrus managing to kill Fulgrim during Isstvan V during a game
>>
>>46097179
Surprisingly apt.
>>
>>46097612
Remeber how FW don't have storm bolters during the Heresy despite we knowing that they were used by the legions? That kind of stuff. FW heresy is set in an alternative, slightly different timeline.
>>
>>46097659
>despite we knowing that they were used by the legions
source?
>>
>>46097676
Check out Know No Fear for example.
>>
>>46097676
They're mentioned literally nearly every time there's a combat scene with terminators in the BL books
>>
>>46097693
>>46097704
Nah, they have Combi Bolters iirc.
>>
>>46097659
Wha? You realize the reason that Chaos space marines don't have storm bolters is because they're a post-heresy thing right?
>>
>>46097659
Meh
BL can't even get the primarch discovery order right without retcons
FW fluff is my canon
>>
>>46097858
FW is more internally consistent, if anything.
>>
Are the Sons of Horus actually kinda worth it now because of the Redbook changes?

I remember reading their rules/characters when they came out and being unimpressed that we got a "kinda alpha strike, kinda CCQ, and kinda terminator" legion that doesn't seem to do any particular one well.

Ditto on the characters interacting with their legion rules except for Horus I guess since he just has lots of good shit anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 640x640
>>46096747
Tell me your dudes, Horus Heresy General. Any of them have traces dating back to the Crusade/Heresy/Scourging?
>Loyalists:
>Tundra Talons: 2nd Founding Dark Angels chapter.
>Founders of the chapter were a company of Dangles who hung out with some Salamanders and was influenced slightly.
>Lives on France in space that got a climate change courtesy of Leman Russ.
>Frenized Scions: Techincally a 3rd founding Blood Angels chapter.
>Founders were a company of Blood Angels who didn't want to believe their Primarch died and took their grief out on a Waaggghh who attacked Baal during Sangunius's funeral, and chased the Orks down to the edge of the galaxy around the the Ghoul Stars. Killed unrelated Orks and other aliens along the way, took pictures of wonderous sights, and met human civilizations along the way. Only till they were nearly out of the galaxy and the Orks were dead did they realize that they may have went overboard.
>Every marine has a flask filled with Ork blood. Chapter master gets pic related with his helmet.
>Loyalists":
>Children of the Night: warband of Night Lords pretending to be a loyalist chapter
>Are galactic treasure hunters wanting to learn the history of the galaxy.
>The Grand Company of Warsmith Kontos
>Iron Warriors who remained loyal to the Emperor, but left the Imperium after seeing the state it was in after the Emperor was placed on the Throne.
>Has a battle barge with a dent that looks like Angron's face.
>Traitors
>Galactic Scanvegers
>Iron Warrior warband formed during the Scourging. The Lord is a IW/IF hybrid and suffers from spilt personalities.
>Stars of Chaos and Slaves to the Great Eye
>Sons of Horus Warbands formed by SoHs who were close during the Crusade and merged when they were reunited in the Eye and used the Stars of Chaos name as the warband name.
>Main Lord's best friend/nagging wife is a World Eater
>>
>people seriously choose BL over FW

Statistically those people must exist, but that doesn't make it any better.

Anyway, heavy flamer heavy support squads in Zone Mortalis any good?
>>
>>46098082
Horus is the dark ultramarine of the game. I'm not sure why you would've expected anything else
>>
>>46098121
I don't know, FW has some stupid fluff as well (Malcador's and Dorn's agents killing each other, Malcador dealing with traitors)
>>
>>46098162
I guess, I just expected more from the SoH considering how stronk the Black Legion is and how there's all this talk about how the SoH were great back in the day.
>>
>>46097794
No, that's due to game balance. CSM don't have drop pods either, remember?
>>
>>46098339
>balance
>gw
>>
File: combi-shitstorm-bolter.jpg (23 KB, 552x174) Image search: [Google]
combi-shitstorm-bolter.jpg
23 KB, 552x174
>>46098339
>that's due to game balance

Please do explain.
>>
>>46098500
not canon
>>
Any ideas on when FW would decide to show/release Dorn? Getting real tired of waiting to fortify this position.
>>
>>46098527
It's clearly not in line with BL, who say stormbolter is from heresy, but where are you getting the determination of which is cannon?
FW lines up with itself as well as GW, where as BL can't keep anything constant even within it's own shit.
>>
>>46098552
After magnus and russ since no one likes dorn
>>
>>46098625
Novels over games, always.
>>
>>46098166
That is way more realistic than space animu.

Wars are dirty, dirty , dirty.
>>
>>46098640
Heresy-era Black Templars it is then.
>>
>>46098552
theyll wait until battle of terra
>>
>>46098647
Its almost refreshing to see someone defend the BL lore for once. Not that I agree, but its still nice to see.
>>
>>46098647
>Novels.
>Games.
I take codecies and black books over the BL novels as they actually set a (mostly) cohesive universe as opposed to a clusterfuck of self-contradiction.
>>
>>46098761
My existance is an eternal pain-glove.
>>
>>46098647
Heh.
>>
>>46098527
Guy, that's from the current CSM codex. When it comes down to "shit that is canon" that's pretty much the most obviously canon you can get.
>>
What if FW dealt with all things lore wise and did the novels too?
>>
>>46098844
Then we'd have more consistent and less plot whole filled novels, I guess?
>>
>>46098844
>Novels moving to £25 hardbacks only rather than £8-9 paperbacks
I thought they already were.
>>
>>46098873
>plot hole
Fixed for you. I think we'd see a lot more Red Scorpions too. God Emperor knows Forge World loves them.
>>
>>46098890
>Not reading downloads on your device of choice.
It's rare that I find a physical book that isn't annoying in size of construction in one way or another.
>>
File: 20160318_233001.jpg (335 KB, 491x922) Image search: [Google]
20160318_233001.jpg
335 KB, 491x922
Good evening fellow Horus heretics. What models have you worked on today?
>>
>>46098979

I have never worked on a HH Model. I'm here for the fluff.
>>
File: perturabo smile.jpg (99 KB, 414x446) Image search: [Google]
perturabo smile.jpg
99 KB, 414x446
Kill them all

Kill them all Pert
>>
File: Malcador.jpg (161 KB, 650x644) Image search: [Google]
Malcador.jpg
161 KB, 650x644
>>46098166
I don't know, Malc's never exactly been the nicest guy

>>46097659
Weak b8
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg (545 KB, 764x665) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg
545 KB, 764x665
>>46099280
Build a wall.
Build all of the walls, Dorn.
>>
>>46098166
>>46099351

This. Malcador's the man who does what must be done behind the curtain and does it for the good of the Imperium without making noise about it. Meaning that he authorizes such things.
>>
File: 1458338103130814711817.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1458338103130814711817.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>46098979
Painting guy #6 of my first Raven guard veteran squad.
>>
File: dorn bring me toys.jpg (191 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
dorn bring me toys.jpg
191 KB, 601x500
>>46099425

I am fortifying this post
>>
>>46099431
Which is what makes sense on why he's the founder of the Inquisition, don't blame Malcador, blame the people who forced his hand.
>>
File: Dorn Yes.png (131 KB, 315x263) Image search: [Google]
Dorn Yes.png
131 KB, 315x263
>>46099280
>>46099425
Respectively, weren't these two Horus's second-in-command and the effective Loyalist Warmaster, at least on the Terra side of the Ruinstorm?
>>
When is Inferno coming out?
>>
>>46099668

This September/October.
>>
>>46099668
This year.
>>
>>46099668
End of the year
>>
So this is based on the rumors from the new book about the sons of horus getting their new bonuses of +1 bs to rapid fire and assault weapons within 12 inches as well as the long march rite of war being as great as it sounds. It does feel pretty thematic too besides the quad mortars but they seem way to good to pass up. Basic Plan is bring in the close combat oriented drop pods first turn unless the plasma squad is needed asap then shoot and abuse the rerolls on one to shred armor. Next turn reassess my priorities. I feel the army is pretty flexible but it's got a disadvantage against orbital assault and mass flyers. Also is it that bad that I didn't take a lord of war at the 2500 level? Besides that what should I add for the last 40 points.

HQ

Maloghurst the Twisted
The long March

Elites

3 Quad Launcher Batteries
shatter shells

Contemptor Cortus
2 close combat weapons, 1 graviton gun, 1 twin linked bolter

Contemptor Mortis
2 kheres

5 Justaerins
1 chain fist, 5 combi plasmas
dreadclaw

Troops

9 Legion Veterans
2 power swords, squad melta bombs, sergeant with artificer armor, power fist
dread claw

9 Reavers
9 combi plasmas with banestrike shells, sergeant with melta bombs, artificer armor, power fist
dread claw

Heavy Support

1 vindicator
1 laser destroyer vindicator

Predator
executioner plasma destroyer, 2 heavy bolters

Sicaran Venator
2 heavy bolters, armored ceramite

>>
>>46098625
>It's clearly not in line with BL, who say stormbolter is from heresy
Quote pls
>>
>>46100185
Don't have on off hand, but they frequently have stormbolters in that period, doesn't matter as BL is all bullshit anyways, just used that bit because anon was making a fuss of it.
>>
>>46099351
>>46098724
yes, but I don't think the Emperor would let his right and left hands arguing like that
>>
>>46099506
Horus' right hand was Mortarion, they campaigned together for much of the Heresy
>>
>>46100282
>Emperor would let
The Emperor lets all sort of shit happen, it's a big universe and he only focuses on one pet project at a time, understandable considering the complexity of his tasks and his faith his creations/ allies.
>>
>>46100336
Yeah, but he's already got half the Imperium against him, he doesn't need more conflict in what remains
>>
>>46098527
>GW codex fluff
>not canon
>crazypills.jpg
>>
>>46100474
>game flavor texts versus well established novels
>>
>>46100577
>well established
>>
>>46100336
>and his faith his creations/ allies
Considering that three legions were pretty much made to be damaged goods this is a pretty retarded logic.
>Recruit Night Lords from convicts
>World Eaters' primarch has brain damage, give him even worse emotional damage and let him give the rest of his legion brain damage
>Have a legion that is so colossally shitty that they are actually named the Corpse Grinders, and make sure that this shitty legion goes to his son who punishes their (frequent) failures with decimation

Fuck I probably would have just abandoned the Iron Warriors if I was Perturabo, such a shitty legion always being given shit jobs and being shit on while doing those shit jobs. He must have gotten tired from killing failures eventually.
>>
>>46100622
>pretty retarded logic
Yep, sounds like Emps to me.
>>
>>46100577
>bl
>mattering
>>
>>46100577
>What is basically and abridged history book stapled on to the rules book versus sporadic narratives from authors who couldn't give less fucks about continuity.
I know this is probably trolling, but anon deserves the (you) for his long con.
>>
>>46100312
Although his BFF was sanguinius, which was why they had such a grudge, and also why horus was determined to try and turn him on signus prime.
>>
>>46100622
>Considering that three legions were pretty much made to be damaged goods this is a pretty retarded logic
He didn't make them that way, Anon. The Nostramans were feral wolves, Terrans were dogs who were willing to become monsters so no one else would have to. He told Angron to stop with the Nails, but did Nails for Brains listen? No. Neither did the World Eaters but Angron is still to blame.
>>46100682
When will this meme end?
>>
>>46100997
>When will this meme end?
When people stop simplifying fluff to try and make a point?
The 'I'd be a better Emperor of Mankind' shit where people take their player knowledge, hindsight, and the fact that they can reduce the universe's scale down to the several hundred pages of text to show how retarded something is/was.
>>
>>46100997
>He didn't make them that way
He outright recruited the Night Lords from convicts on Terra.

>He told Angron to stop with the Nails
Apparently not harshly enough. Probably could have helped if Angron didn't hate him for forcing him to let his brothers die. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Angron did it partially out of spite.
>>
>>46100997
>When will this meme end?
When the fluff makes any sense for a logical person.
>The majority of the legions are specialized in ways that practically guarantee that they will commit treason
>Actively promote specific primarchs over others regardless of the accomplishments of other primarchs
>Never bothered to even check on his subordinates, just let Angron slap nails into the heads of his soldiers, let Perturabo butcher a tenth of his legion, and let Curze cultivate a legion of unstable psychopaths while Lorgar wasn't reprimanded about his shittiness until it was too late.
>>
>>46101097
>He outright recruited the Night Lords from convicts on Terra
I know that, but they weren't cruel like the Nostramans who did probably have a few good eggs mixed in a rotten bunch.
>>46101097
>Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Angron did it partially out of spite.
Same here. Leman wasn't enough. Emps should have beaten Angron to an inch of his life using Leman as a melee weapon.
>>
>>46101097
>convicts
People who were born in Terra's super jail, not anyone who was actually ever exposed to any laws to break. And they were supposed to have a Demi-god of a perfect dictator to keep them in line, but we know how the whole Primarch bit went.
>let his brothers die
He wanted to die with them, only other option was to save the gladiators and that would have split allegiance/ reminded him of his past.
>Nails
Exterminatus in a can doesn't sound to bad, on paper, form a long way away.
>>
>>46101097
>He outright recruited the Night Lords from convicts on Terra.
No, he recruited the children of the convicts
>>
>>46101163
>The majority of the legions are specialized in ways that practically guarantee that they will commit treason
That's just from your perspective though.
For example, I'd say that the Iron Hands, Dark Angels and Space Wolves are would've been far more likely to fall based on their specialization than Word Bearers, Luna Wolves or Emperor's Children
>>
>>46101351
It's really more of the Chaos Ex Machina of scattering Primarchs to worlds that would foster the most volatile tendencies in most of the traitors than anything else.
>>
>>46101351
What were Dangles's specialization again? Planetary assault and plasma?
>>
>>46101235
>He wanted to die with them, only other option was to save the gladiators and that would have split allegiance/ reminded him of his past.
There were numerous ways he could have solved this.
>Give him his legion to go butcher the slavers and lead his brothers to victory.
>Bombard the enemy army from orbit
>Lead the Custodes and World Eaters to save Angron and his bros

The older ones could still be augmented to become pseudo-astartes, and those that couldn't would be dead soon enough anyway. Besides Guilliman having a mom didn't hamper him. Honestly it seems like he was being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

I've had the theory that he planned the heresy to avoid humanity ever pulling an Eldar, it simply grew out of control.
>Have several legions and primarchs that are broken
>Treat said primarchs like shit
>Primarchs rebel
>Use the rest of the primarchs to drive them back but not destroy them
>Humanity will have to deal with CSM raids forever preventing them from becoming too lazy and decadent like the Eldar

As for the convicts, children raised among convicts are more likely to become convicts, especially if you employ them as terror soldiers to brutally torture and mutilate enemies. The world eaters on the other hand showed aggressive tendencies well before they found their primarch.
>>
>>46101420
Yeah, and they were allowed to wield DAoT weapons the other legions could only dream of
>>46101418
If you aren't called Guilliman, Horus, Lorgar or Dorn your planet was shit.
>Russ being thrown on viking world
>the Lion being dropped on a world seething with warp energy
>Khan being dropped on Mongol world
>sanguinus being dropped on a world of mutants
>ferrus being dropped on one of the most hardcore planets
>Corax on a gulag moon
>Vulkan on an incredibly tectonically unstable world
>>
>>46101435
Fel Zharost(Terran Batmarine) seemed pretty alright despite eating his Primarchs dreams. The question is how did he grow his beard if he was suppose to be naturally hairless.
>>
>>46101420
Space DARPA, testing new techs and shit while also being general grunts.
>>
>>46101351
Luna Wolves and EC were circumstantial but the Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Night Lords, and Alpha Legion were all well and truly fucked from the start.
>>
>>46101435
Nah, it was a test, a test that Angron failed.
Some of the primarchs were tested in some manner, and each one of them was tested in a way that comes from some myth (the eating, drinking and fighting match with Russ, the salamander catching with Vulkan, the fight with Ferrus etc.)
Angron's test, on the other hand, comes from the Old Testament, mainly the binding of isaac.
Could Angron sacrifice his dearest people for a stranger he never knew?
>>
>>46101519
Alpha legion had bad peer pressure. If the company consisted of horus and magnus, the story would be different
>>
>>46101472
>>46101479
So what sort of DAoT tech are we going to expect from them? They already have the Ark of the Covent.
>>46101519
How were the Alpha Legion doomed from the start?
>>
>>46101435
>Even more contrived plot than canon 30k.
Looks more like he was just going to phase them out by slowly cutting resources and support as the crusade came to an end.
Like how it's told repeatedly, and as Horus suspected
>>
>>46101548
>Could Angron sacrifice his dearest people for a stranger he never knew
And the correct answer was yes? Angron refused to join emps, Emps just went ahead and teleported him onto the ship anyway resulting in Angron butchering seven captains in his rage.
>>
>>46101598
If angron had said yes, then the emperor would have joined in the fight.
Angron failed, and had to be punished.
The only mistake the Emperor made was gassing him
>>
>>46101585
>How were the Alpha Legion doomed from the start?
They were a legion obsessed with secrecy and distrust. At the end of the day Alpharius didn't even trust Horus enough to tell him what his homeworld was. This distrust permeated the entire legion, even before the Horus Heresy they were completely shrouded in secrecy with no real oversight.

>>46101597
Which doesn't explain his retardation when it came to the organization of his legions and the treatment of the primarchs. Besides canon 30k plot isn't contrived at all. Literally just conquer the galaxy and kill the marines when it ends.
>>
>>46101622
Don't want to twirl my triby, but old testament is garbage to represent a wise god
>>
>>46101351
>Dark Angels would've been far more likely to fall
>based on their specialization
They're a generic legion with mad bling in their armories. I'm not seeing the heresy here.
>>
>>46101622
That is retarded
>Trust strangers even if it means everyone you know and care about will die.
That is exactly why Alpharius falls in the Horus Heresy series. Some random xenos told him that unless he joined Horus and drove humanity to extinction than the Imperium would slowly decay and Chaos would win.
>>
>>46101163
Perturarbo fell because he nuked his own planet and feared retribution, which was engineered by the Word Bearers and if it wasnt for them Perty would not have gone traitor despite his eternal butthurt.

The only primarchs that the Emperor seemed to want to betray him were Lorgar, Mortarion and Angron. The rest just fell in line to Horus or the machinations of Lorgar. He knew he was going to be betrayed, it seems to me that the Emperor just fostered resent in those legions to control the situation that was going to come, but he failed.
>>
>>46101597
Emps wasn't going to do away with the Legions and Primarchs. There's proof of it.
>>
>>46101597
>So will you abandon your brothers to follow me and get the power to lead a legion of super soldiers?
>Sure
>I can trust you, now I will help save your brother
>I already said I would join you, who the fuck cares about them? They're slaves, I'm a king or shit.
>>
>>46101651
>They were a legion obsessed with secrecy and distrust. At the end of the day Alpharius didn't even trust Horus enough to tell him what his homeworld was. This distrust permeated the entire legion, even before the Horus Heresy they were completely shrouded in secrecy with no real oversight.
Oh.
>kill all marines when it was over
Again, he needed the marines for the future.
>>
>>46101729
What future? Humanity rules the galaxy and will slowly evolve into a fully psychic race capable of surpassing space marines anyway.
>>
>>46101679
He was surprised by the betrayal of the Word Bearers.
>>
>>46101661
>allowed to toy with DAoT tech
>not likely to fall
Not necessarily to chaos mind you, just go generally rogue
>>46101693
>>46101651
He wasn't planning on killing them.
I am Slaughter, although not a HH book, has an imperial fist musing that the space marines are slowly dying because there's no more need for them, so they recruit just for ceremonial purposes
>>
>>46101472
>If you aren't called... Horus... your planet was shit.
Dude, they wanted to exterminatus Cthonia when they first found it. It was an entire world of subterranean Fist of the North Star.
>>
File: Night Lords 30k WIP.jpg (201 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Night Lords 30k WIP.jpg
201 KB, 720x540
>>46098979
Hello fellow NL, I am trying and failing at terror squad death masks............will attempt again on the other 2 squads
>>
>>46101748
There is a lot of funky stuff in the galaxy which is a big place. Enslavers, Necrons(not really funky as who knows what they like musically), Orks who will never die, the creatures from the Forgotten Apocalypse, whatever comes from the Ghoul Stars, and Nids.
>>
>>46101729
If he needs them again he can just start up the old labs again
>>
>>46101796
The blue is a little too Ultramarine-flavor for me.
>>
>>46101796
Have you tried the ideas we already gave you?
>>
>>46101902
All space marines aspire to match the greatness of the Ultramarines.
>>
>>46101959
But in 30k LWs/SoHs were 30k's Ultramarines while Ultramarines were just 2nd best.
>>
>>46101790
>allowed to toy with DAoT tech
They had access to Pre-Martian technology because they were originally equipped on pre-unification Terra, they weren't running around playing with AI and Psychic Lasers.

Hell, most of the Legions fucking weapons are DAoT Tech, and you don't see chapters falling because they used too many bolters. Or vehicles using that ancient Dark Age Rhino chassis.
>>
>>46101959
>All space marines aspire to match the greatness of the Ultramarines
>Ultramarines start flaying people in the streets
>Imperial Morale broken

>>46102007
Tell that to the Ultramarines.
>>
>>46102018
Nah, UE says that they knew secrets that even the Mechanicum didn't.
If they're at the level of the keys of hel they're already too dangerous
>>
>>46102007
as far as legions go, the only ones big E personally approved of were the Fists, Smurfs and Children.

Horus was the big cheese and his favorite man-baby, but the Moon Woofs ain't shit.
>>
>>46102073
>monarchia.jpg
>>
File: FN 30k.jpg (343 KB, 720x959) Image search: [Google]
FN 30k.jpg
343 KB, 720x959
>>46101935
yeah got another squad to do this weekend, thankfully though I now have my terror squad helmets so they actually have molded skull faceplates. That and I have been busy playing games with cool dudes on cool tables, this pic is 2nd last turn of the war of lies, ending up in a tied game, was so much fucking fun. Caestus ram and mortis dread were man of the match for me.
>>
>>46102084
I think he also had high ambitions for Alpharius, since he said of all his sons he was most disappointed in him
>>
>>46102084
He also approved of NLs and the luna wolves were his personal attack force along with the Fists.
>>
>>46102084
>favorite Primarch
>greatest legion
>Son, your legion isn't my favorite.
>>
>>46102237
well there's a reason he brought the bananamarines with him to his pillow fort instead of the seagreenmarines
>>
>>46102295
Yeah, because they were good at fortifying, and he needed Terra fortified.
For fuck's sake.
>>
>>46102295
I thought they were still white and black when Emps retired to Terra.
>>
>>46102328
and there's a reason he gave the purplemarines his personal emblem instead of the white-and-black marines
>>
>>46102370
Because he felt bad that they were only 300 marines after the geneseed crisis?
>>
>>46102385
Because of Fulgrim's speech.
>>
>>46102457
And because he probably felt it was like the Make-a-wish foundation
>>
>>46102490
Emperor confirmed as John Cena, doing it for the kids.
>>
>>46102385
nah, they got the aquila by being damn good, unless the HH pruned that particular line.
>>
>>46102556
In the new fluff, the first time Fulgrim meets with his legion they're only 300 strong and he gives an inspiring speech about how they must fight to build his father's dream and Emps was so touched he gave him the name and the aquilla
>>
Hey guys I made a Primarchfu Fan Club conversation on Skype, gimme your usernames so I can add you
>>
>>46102796
reddit is that way friend
>>
>>46102796
Curzefag, was your mother on something when she was pregnant with you?
>>
>>46102872
It's just femanon things
>>
>>46102911
There's something odd with this chick, and I think she said she was on medication once.
>>
File: silence1.jpg (28 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
silence1.jpg
28 KB, 600x450
>>46102796
Xenoestrogens have corrupted this boy, enjoy your chemically induced faggotry.
>>
So, anyone expecting the new red book?
>>
File: 1971thecorpsegrinders1.jpg (89 KB, 580x879) Image search: [Google]
1971thecorpsegrinders1.jpg
89 KB, 580x879
>>46100622
Corpse Grinders is a fucking awesome name
>>
>>46101235
Exterminatus in a can is virus bombs and cyclonic torpedoes

World Eaters are Exterminatus out of the can and all over the place and not answering its phone
>>
>>46102872
Would explain too much, really.

>>46102965
>implying
>>
>>46102796
What's in it for me?
>>
>>46103667
Talking about your primarch waifu. Also possibly badly drawn porn.
>>
>>46100622
It's really no surprise that so many Iron Warriors defected, Perturabo doesn't exactly inspire men like Horus or Sang did.

>>46103540
It's pretty rad unless you're one of the unlocky SOBs in the Iron Warriors or Imperial Army attached to them.

Speaking of what's the difference fluff-wise between the Solar Auxilia and Imperial Cults and Militia army lists? Is SA meant for Imperial Army while ICaM is for more rag-tag forces that arose during the Heresy?
>>
>>46103729
I'd way rather go into battle with the Corpse Grinders than the Dragon Warriors or The First. How goddamn unimaginative
>>
>>46102118
Noice
>>
>>46103729
>Speaking of what's the difference fluff-wise between the Solar Auxilia and Imperial Cults and Militia army lists? Is SA meant for Imperial Army while ICaM is for more rag-tag forces that arose during the Heresy?
Yeah pretty much, there's fluff in the FW books about them.

>>46103776
You'd rather go into battle with allies who treat you as cannon fodder than with allies who are genuinely compassionate or who actually fight tactically rather than just march towards the guns?
>>
>>46103575
Ask her. It'll probably do you both some good.
>>
>>46103724
Well, that doesn't sound too terrible, but I don't have a waifu.
>>
>>46102796

I swear to god if you're not at least an 8/10 IRL I will hunt you down and murder you for what a huge faggot you are.
>>
File: 1353196639875.jpg (317 KB, 480x660) Image search: [Google]
1353196639875.jpg
317 KB, 480x660
>>46102796
Please stop this, just stop ok. Please.
>>
>>46104136
...I'm so sorry.
>>
Hmmn. are there any significant alterations to victory is vengeance / tactical strike rules necessary for opening it up to 40k factions? aside from some of the blanket changes in the adepticon package that would apply even if it stayed 30k
>>
>>46102796
I would, but it's almost 3am here.
>>
>>46104313
Skype conversations are ongoing, they're more like groups
>>
>>46104342
I'll ask you about it the next time I spot you in a thread.
>>
What are the chances an autist spergs out about me using my normal 40k bikes in 30k since I hate the FW ones?
>>
>>46104809
If they are the right paint scheme and there are no wysiwyg issues I doubt you'll get more than a passing comment.
>>
>>46104136
Ferrus is my waifu too, anon.
>>
>>46104809

Aren't 40k bikes in 30k? It's like using 40k rhinos, it should be legit. I'm not totally sure though. I know a lot of people use them. If they're not using jetbikes, it's either 50/50 plastic bikes or resin, or sometimes a mix. Most people making ground bike armies can't be assed to get a full resin bike gang.
>>
>>46104872

I understood that reference.
>>
>>46104809
a decent chance 2bh
>>
>>46104872
>>
>>46104809

I wouldn't sperg out at you over it but I will sperg out over you liking the shitty 40k bikes over the amazing 30k ones. You must be some kind of curve-hating boxfag.
>>
>>46104891
I'm talking from a model perspective. Someplaces I've seen get really elitist about people not going full resin with fluff accurate armour down to the rivets and shit.
>>
>>46104942
So, which primarchs correspond to each of the yuru yuris?
>>
>>46104891
>mfw I'm gathering some bitz in preparation for making 9 jetbikes out of Sammael models, because I hate dickbikes.
>>
>>46104809
it even says in the unit entry that there is a complete fuckton of different bikes types from all over the galaxy, go nuts and have fun.
>>
>>46105088
Not sure but I know girlyman would be Akari
>>
>>46104809
So long as you don't give the impression that it was done for poorfag reasons, the fluff is on your side and the autistic shouldn't give it more than a questioning glare as you explain yourself.
>>
>>46105031

That's retarded, because most of the FW kits either have lots of plastic in them, or FW themselves uses the 40k plastics because they were around in M31.

Some of the plastic stuff is completely fluff accurate for HH.
>>
>>46105095
>9 Sammael bikes

3ornate5me
>>
File: 9e21ec95.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9e21ec95.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>46105145
Would that make Akane the Emperor?
>>
>>46105156
>That's retarded
>an autist spergs out
basically.
>>
>>46105148

I don't see why it couldn't be done for poorfag reasons. It's only bad to do something for poorfag reasons when it's not a good choice to make to begin with. Since plastic bikes aren't a bad choice regardless of your financial situation, doing it because you're a poorfag is a good idea. Sort of like using BaC models instead of the resin equivalents.

>poorfags
>playing 40k
>playing 30k even
>2016

When will you learn, poorfags?!
>>
>>46105193
No, it makes her literally every Ultrasmurf ever
>>
>>46105190
Fits my EC fairly well I think.
Still figuring out if it's worth it to try and make HBolters fit on that model for the WYSIWYG.
>>
File: ayano54.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayano54.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>46105088
Ayano is clearly Ferrus
>>
>>46105219
>I don't see why it couldn't be done for poorfag reasons.
He's asking about autists sperging out, autists jump on that shit.
Poorfaggotry is not a problem so much as a sperg-magnet.
>>
>>46105270

Default armaments do not need to be modeled for WYSIWYG, only non-grenade upgrades.

That's literal rules from GW's WYSIWYG passage. And it's because the model can't NOT have the item, even if you don't model it, and most Bolter/Bolt Pistol/CCW models don't/can't model all the wargear. And GW threw us a bone in 5E by removing fiddly tiny grenade bits from WYSIWYG probably since they started becoming stock wargear.
>>
File: eat dick you pleb poorfags.jpg (94 KB, 450x570) Image search: [Google]
eat dick you pleb poorfags.jpg
94 KB, 450x570
>>46105219
>mfw poorfags try to play 30k
>>
>>46105333

Well that's an illegal sperging action, then since you have no valid sperg target and activation timing. -1 VP for opponent and judge warning.
>>
>>46104943
>You must be some kind of curve-hating boxfag.
Pretty much. Think the only curvy model I prefer is the new bubble turret pred. Of course I already have too many plastic preds to justify buying more of them

>>46105148
>So long as you don't give the impression that it was done for poorfag reasons,
I probably spend more on my gaming than most people do on rent in the average year and I have a shitton of other resin stuff so people will know it's not that
>>
>>46105384
>hates outriders
>likes shitbikes
>hates amazing pic related
>likes shitdome Deimos

REEEEEEEE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH AND DISEMBOWEL YOU
>>
>>46105270
>Still figuring out if it's worth it to try and make HBolters fit on that model for the WYSIWYG.
Couldn;t you drmel out the stormbolters and use some of those short HB barrel bits from the storm raven?
>>
File: Come at me heretic.jpg (9 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
Come at me heretic.jpg
9 KB, 269x187
>>46105421
>>hates amazing pic related
>Implying because I prefer the other one I must hate that
>Implying I don't have the bits to field like 10 of them at once with my 40k IH
>>
>>46105458
Yes I could, but I'd rather have something under-slung, and not twin-linked looking.
I'm working out weather any of the HBolters are the right size to look decent in the plasma slot, top contender seams like the SM land speeder one?
>>
>>46105308
Can't be, she has a head
>>
>>46105596
Probably one of your better options then, especially since that one is designed to be mounted underslung.
Since I dunno how big Sammaels bike is the only other one i'd suggest is one of the sponson ones from a 30k vehicle since they're a bit smaller than the 40k versions.
>>
>>46105382
>can't get creative with modelling

My goal is to not have any resin in my legion.

>>46104943
I wonder, how do people make their legion attack bikes? I don't think the sidecar goes on the scout bike they used as base for the Outrider model.

It's a shame FW didn't make any other mark riders than IV.

>>46105517
Personally I'd love the Deimos more if it had been an actual recreation of the MkI Rhino (like the Proteus was of MkI Land Raider), instead of the conversion kit that's basically the MkII Rhino with some MkI aesthetics slapped onto it. Feels like a T-34 pretending to be a Tiger.
>>
>>46100905
Horus was jealous because he thought Emps offered Warmaster to Sanguinius before Horus, and either thought Sang would never turn traitor, or would usurp him if he turned. So he tried to kill him and turn his legion.
>>
>>46103824
I choose the guys with the best names. That's the kind of soldier I am.
>>
>>46096747
Say, were the updated Legion rules pics ever posted? I read of the changes on belloflostkeks and the wiki, but I never saw the actual photos of the pages.
And some stuff is kinda vague to me, especially the White Scars:
I don't quite understand the White Scars rule, especially the "in the Movement phase and/or Assault phase it gains the following" part. No intermediate commas, as if the bonuses were active only in the assault phase, your's and your enemy's (and in the movenent phases too, for some reason). Had they written "ends the Movement and/or the Assault phase at least 6" away from the point where it began the phase, it gains the following", without repeating "in the Movement phase and/or Assault phase" then there could not be any other alternate interpretation. But knowing FW, it could be a simple typo (it's understandable the guys who write "Satareal" could miss something so small yet so crucial as a comma). Does this means that, as long as they go fast they get better at range like the Fists (which also functions in overwatch), better at melee like WEs and get +1 to cover like NL (but better), all of it with no real drawbacks at all and access to AP2 at initiative at powersword cost? I just find it a little hard to believe, that's why I'm asking. As for vehicles benefitting from the rule, the wording implies they get it even tho they don't have the LA rule (but I don't know if Dreads never get it, or they get it if they move 6" and assault minimum 6" too, or only if they assault the full 12" disregarding how much did they move on the Movement phase).
TL;DR, where them pics at?
>>
>>46106570
Check the OP
>>
How would I go about modeling the tactical webbing on a heavy weapon for a squad?
>>
>>46107675
and fuck I meant suspensor webbing. Either way can't find any images with it and would like to model it for some rocket launchers
>>
>>46105880
>My goal is to not have any resin in my legion
Why? What the fuck is wrong with resin?
>>
>>46107777
I always thought of it like the steadycam mounts for the smart machineguns in the Alien franchise. As to how to build those things...plasticard?
And for rocket launchers, they do have models - the Destroyer marines have a rad suspensor web rl
>>
What song best matches each legion?
Ultramarines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE
>>
>>46107949
>implying
There's no way Ultramarines aren't this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqbpzEHuO2g
>>
Forgeworld is bullshit, there's way too much cool stuff and I can't make up my mind.

I want to play and paint basically all the traitor legions except for shitty Thousand Sons.
>>
>>46103729

Solar Auxilia are the top 20ish% (so probably a minuscule % of the imperiums actual fighting strength) of the imperial army whose pattern, organization and equipment is all geared towards fighting in the void and in hostile environments, seen primarily among advanced voidfaring societies and wealthy rouge traders, used for colonial defense, pathfindering and in expeditionary warfare

Cults & militia are the odd hodgepodge of units that a planet is capable of calling to arms to defend it in a time of crisis, and cover an dizzying number of planets/regiments, from blackpowder/crossbow welding chemically enslaved thralls to gene-engineered political police forced to fight external threats to craved dubstep fuel mutants let loose from the sewers
>>
>>46108144
Cults and militia are also the bulk of the imperial army.
>>
>>46108144

Even though the Solar Auxilia was so elite they still were very numerous and outnumbered the legions right?
>>
>>46108166
What part of craved dubstep fuel mutants let loose from the sewers didn't you understand?
>>
>>46096747
>Not also having the dark angels be facing backwards
>>
so what are some of the more fun setups for imperial militia provenances?
>>
>>46107949
NL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGitBIedvbY

Pre-heresy WB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
Post-heresy WB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NYNuAdIv0

WS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zgpew-Hro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHTEH1kT1A
>>
>>46107949

Thousand Sons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ
>>
>>46098315
Thats pretty much GeeDubs pulling the 'tell dont show' shtik
>>
File: Page85.jpg (2 MB, 2618x3533) Image search: [Google]
Page85.jpg
2 MB, 2618x3533
>>46108271
Book 4 shows all he personel involved with the 278th Cohort "Arkadian" in the Late great crusade, page 85.
Lasrifle sections: 70,000 men.
Veletaris sections: 3000 men.
Specialist weapon sections: 7000 men.
Staff and Command cadre: 1200
Other personnel (generic support, voidsmen, other etc): 37,000

So a Cohorts fighting strength at peak would be about 11,200, page 82 describes them at Muster possessing a "nomimal" 120,000 in the late crusade era.

So a single Cohort could potentially number anything from a normal pre-heresy Legion to 10th of one.
>>
File: Page82.jpg (2 MB, 2618x3533) Image search: [Google]
Page82.jpg
2 MB, 2618x3533
>>46111003
>>
>>46097031
That ones going on the list of Primarch actors
>>
File: C.O.P.S.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
C.O.P.S.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>46098500
>space marines
>develop weaponry
>this is now canon

Truly, as it is said, no one knows less about The Grimdark than GW.
>>
>>46111153

Combi-bolters are old as fuck you newfag.

Space Marines have been mashing shit together for years, while the Mechanicus goes "NO! NO! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DO- Oh, okay".

See: Land Raider Crusader, Helios, Redeemer, Achilles
>>
Eye of Terra is up for preorder, but it won't say what stories are within. And I for one ain't buying it if it's just another rehash of old stories with nothing new.
>>
>>46098979
What a lovely skinmask-beard.
>>
>>46105880
>My goal is to not have any resin in my legion.

I thought I was the only one? Too bad I'm breaking my goal by deciding to get Chinaman character minis.
>>
>>46111443
judging from how far it hands down his face it's probably made from the flesh of the neck

thus making it a literal neckbeard
>>
>>46107897
I don't like it.
>>
>>46107897
It's annoying to work with and can be potentially brittle. I just want it to work straight out of the box like plastic that just need some minor cleaning up.
>>
>>46108144
>20%
>minuscule

Ok, I'll admit, it's 20% of the front line troops. So it's all in how you count it. 90% of human troops in 40k are not front line troops.
>>
>>46111153
Is this the new carnac or something?
>>
>>46111153
I think it has been canon for a long while since Space Wolves has frost weapons.
>>
>>46098844
>>46098873
The FW books are written from an in-verse perspective and are intentionally filled mistakes and holes, according to Laurie J Goulding.

So it's funny when people claim that's it's proper canon.
>>
>>46111697
That actually sound like proper GW canon. Weird shit could happen, though, because time travel is a thing.
>>
>>46111697
Better than whatever Abnett and his butt boys pull out of their ass.
>>
>>46111697
Golding's just assblasted that people are holding up the FW books as great Heresy fluff over and above the BL shit.
>>
>>46104943
Yeah, the curved 30k bikes just blows the crude looking origami bikes out of the water. Having them made in plastic for the next boardgame is what I hope for the most.
>>
File: image.jpg (628 KB, 1640x1586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
628 KB, 1640x1586
>>46105880
Well, I have seen a bunch of these, which just seems like the most unpractical idea ever with the gun barrels going off next to the drivers head. I also can't help but to think of what could happen if they crashed the bike.
>>
R8 my "Buy a Calth box and some bits to get startet with 30k list", please.

Legion Astartes [IV: Iron Warriors, Traitor]

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Refractor Field]
····Consul [Master of Signal]

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, 3x Phosphex Bombs, Refractor Field, Thunder Hammer]
····Consul [Siege Breaker]

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Flamer, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad [5x Chainfist, 4x Tyrant Terminator]

+ Heavy Support +

Iron Havoc Support Squad [4x Autocannon, 4x Iron Havoc]
····Iron Havoc Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Autocannon]
>>
>>46112355
I like to imagine the driver of the bike is deaf from that autocannon, Black hawk down style.
>>
>>46112369
>BaC
>Iron Warriors
Go mkIII or go home
>>
>>46112397
>armor mark autists.
>>
>>46112384
I also like to think that the gunner can also only aim to the right because the driver is in the way. So the driver has to go out of his way to line up a shot.
>>
>>46112403
>HH
>armor mark autists
choose both
>>
>>46112397
What if I told you I don't like MKIII?
>>
>>46112403
>30,009
>Not being an Armour Mk autist.
>>
>>46112434
To some HH is just chaos marine legions. Could give a shit about armor marks
>>
>>46112428
Then you are unfit to play IW
>>
>>46112434
WHAT A WEIRD YEAR JEEZ
>>
>>46112369
This is literally the worst way to post your list, and people still keep using that program.

And I'm only guessing at the complete point value of your list.
>>
>>46112530
I like the formatting. What's wrong with it? We're on an imageboard, it's not like vertical space is rare here.
>>
>>46112552
the lack of point values (even if it's only the total) makes it difficult to estimate if you have sufficient bodies in your list or if you made any "obvious" mistakes in the calculations.
That is mainly what he's hinting at I think.
>>
>>46112424
I just like the MK4 because it's slick and minimalistic compared to a lot of the other marks and the helmets looks fantastic. What was common for the legions in canon doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>46112622
>What was common for the legions in canon doesn't matter to me.
Back to the 40k general with you
>>
>>46112600
Oh, yes, that is obviously bullshit.
I thought he was referring to the general (vertical) formatting and not the lack of points.
>>
>>46112530
1.5k Total

I'm used to post lists like this cause the forum I usually visit prohibits unit point values, because the Krauts fear GWs fury since some minor incident years ago. And they don't have a HH section, so I just used what I had since my regular list editor is in german and also does not cover HH lists.
>>
>>46112643
There were so many Space Marines in each legion that anything could happen. I bet the Alpha Legion even stole themselves some MKVII armours.
>>
>>46112684
at 1500 points that looks like a decent number of marines. Good starting point for a larger list I imagine.
>>
>>46111614

I was counting the whole of the imperial military when I said that, i imagine if you count the navy, the legions and the more regimented of the mechanicums forces (skitarii, cybernetica, reductor) the number is below 10% even before you start counting groups like the Vigil opertii or the Thorakitai
>>
File: CryingWolfMGS4.jpg (171 KB, 1280x812) Image search: [Google]
CryingWolfMGS4.jpg
171 KB, 1280x812
>>46112643
If you want to play something with a static grognard fanbase WHFB awaits...
>>
>>46112424
Are you ont om those guys that think Space Wolves aren't supposed to have Contemptor Dreadnoughts as well?
>>
>>46112821
Why wouldn't the wolfies have Contemptors? They were a fairly common mark of dreadnought if I recall.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.