[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the realistic downsides of having regeneration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 714x1000
What would be the realistic downsides of having regeneration or fast healing?
>>
unkillable cancer.
>>
File: TKG.png (715 KB, 1050x717) Image search: [Google]
TKG.png
715 KB, 1050x717
It feels good. Way too good.
>>
wouldn't you naturally build up more muscle than a normal human? So at least women wouldn't look 'normal'.
>>
Can you imagine if someone kept cutting off your limbs?
A whole pile of your arms just sitting there, maybe your legs.
A bunch of toes piled high in a bucket.

Would you even have hair? Or teeth for that matter. Like, when your baby teeth fall out do more baby teeth grow in? Do you have an adult mouth with teeny little baby teeth?
>>
>>46095818

Possibly the insane energy cost of something like that. The Calorie requirement alone would probably drain the shit out of you.
>>
Short life span.
>>
>>46095818

Being incredibly susceptible to poisoning/toxic compounds.
>>
You'd probably need to eat a huge amount.

Fast usually means sloppy, even when your body does it.

And then the system triggers when it shouldn't.

But your torturer is going to love it. He can saw off your genitals four times a day.
>>
near impossible to operate on
if somethings stuck on the inside or needs fixing its gonna stay there
>>
>>46095818
How fast is it?
>>46095895
If its just healing things that are supposed to fall out will probably stay that way.
>>
>>46095818
Neoteny. Aging and healing are both related to the rate at which your cells divide and replace themselves, so if you're healing fast you probably look like you're under 20. That'd have some disadvantages, not least of which being that no one will take you seriously when you try to express world-weariness.

Also >>46095896
also probably not >>46095829
>>
>>46095930
Fuck I never even thought of that
>>
>>46095818

Dramatically, all powers must be demonstrated. If you're regenerating or healing super fast, you're also going to get hurt a lot more often than normal people.
>>
>>46096020
>>46095930
You just got to do really fast, brutal surgery.
You want bullets out? Someones just gonna slash you open and jam their hand in.
>>
>>46095818
There are no "realistic" downsides because regeneration/fast healing are not realistic to begin with.
>>
File: Axolotl.jpg (6 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
Axolotl.jpg
6 KB, 233x217
>>46096065
You mad?
>>
>>46096060
>You want bullets out? Someones just gonna slash you open and jam their hand in.
Better option, shoot the bullets out with bigger bullets. No way this could go wrong, and even if it does, just get even bigger bullets!
>>
File: Spidey Approved.jpg (33 KB, 400x391) Image search: [Google]
Spidey Approved.jpg
33 KB, 400x391
>>46096105
This is a GREAT plan.
>>
>>46096105
I know you are joking but depending on how strong your regeneration is you could probably just get someone to blast a massive hole in you, removing the bullets along with whatever else was there.
>>
>>46096033
This.
Ever notice how Wolverine always gets the SHIT beat out of him?
How Deadpool loses limbs like virginity on prom night?
Regenerators get the SHIT beat out of them, because they can survive it, and it's visually impressive.
>>
>>46096180
>that time when thor turned deadpool and madcap to ash
>they died a worthy death
>>
>>46095818
>downside of regeneration or fast healing?

You'll have elevated risks from cancer of all kinds. Any cancer cells will multiply at a higher rate. The complications will be more immediate and severe than normal cancer.
>>
>>46096096

You critically endangered? Get fucked, axlotl, humanity wins again.
>>
File: starfish.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
starfish.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>46096307
>he cant even grow back a leg
>>
>>46096305
On the other hand you can just remove the parts of your body that have cancer.
>>
>>46095858
This is guro, isn't it
>>
>>46095818
Tumor growth, a hyperactive metabolism,improper healing, excessive muscular tissue
>>
>>46096379
Yeah...
>>
>>46096379
Not anything from the person that came up with Takagi, but there is a lot produced by other people that is. Though the basic outline of her being a girl that can regenerate and thus sells her meat to make money is really only going in one direction.
>>
>>46095818
Need to eat a whole fucking lot. Too much healing too fast might starve you.
>>
>>46096060
Just call Robert Liston, fastest knife in the west end. He could remove a whole leg in 2 and a half minutes. Once he went too fast, and the operation had a 300% mortality rate.
>>
>>46096474
He killed two other people? I think I heard something like that before.
>>
>>46096474
>300% mortality rate
So whenever he did the operation, three people died?
>>
>>46095818
Being contained somewhere you can't escape from. Like being encased in a block of cement and dumped into an ocean abyss. Or just caught in a cave in deep underground.
>>
>>46096517
>>46096547
The person he was operating on died, he himself had a fatal heart attack, and a observer fainted at the sight of blood (and hit the corner of a brick VERY hard).
>>
>>46096376
>On the other hand you can just remove the parts of your body that have cancer.
Which would be interesting. The tumor would start growing at a seemingly random time, and you could lop it off, but you'd have a limited window to remove it before it consumes the whole body. And then there's the matter of what happens with the severed cancer-tissue if it isn't totally destroyed by fire or something.

That is a definite upside, though I'm also left wondering what happens to a regenerator's brain or other parts of his nervous system. I'm sure someone's' answered this a long time ago, but I don't remember it.
>>
>>46096547
Wikipedia says this
>Liston's most famous case
>Amputated the leg in under 2 1⁄2 minutes (the patient died afterwards in the ward from hospital gangrene; they usually did in those pre-Listerian days). He amputated in addition the fingers of his young assistant (who died afterwards in the ward from hospital gangrene). He also slashed through the coat tails of a distinguished surgical spectator, who was so terrified that the knife had pierced his vitals he dropped dead from fright. That was the only operation in history with a 300 percent mortality.
>>
>>46096547
>>46096517
The patient, who caught gangreen and died.
His assistant, who suffered the same fate because Liston accidentally sliced off most of his fingers.
Finally, someone who had come to observe the fasted knife in the west end and had witnessed this bullshit. Liston swung the blade close enough to slice that mans clothes, so he had a heart attack.
>>
>>46096447
>there is a lot produced by other people
Takagi doujin by ShindoL when?
>>
>>46096671
Depends on how you actually regenerate I guess.
Like if you are a vampire or something you are just reverting to the way you were before, deadpool or similar just heals very quickly and regrows bodyparts and something like alex mercer has all of his information in a single cell somehow and can regrow any way he feels like with no single part of his body being important.
>>
>>46095818

Realistic issues. This depends on where the healing/regeneration comes from. We have to assume energy comes from the body so the most "realistic" option is your body consuming itself to get the replacement pieces. This means if you get shot your body would probably break down your body in the following order; fats, limbs, organs, and body.

To counter these you are probably going to want to be a little pudgy for when bits of you are torn off, and then for maximum effeicancy, consume the removed parts. Your greatest dangers will be things that continuously kill you, like being drowned or squashed.

If we assume on the other hand your power comes from external source(witch's curse, mutation, science accident, etc) then none of the above apply and you may be immortal, which leads to two routes.

Humans have limited supply of telomores, so aging will be an issue, unless your regeneration regenerated telomores. If you are not recreating telomores your body will continue to grow into old age. Prepare to look like the crypt keeper. If you are regorwing telomores than prepare to have your body permanently stuck at whatever age, weight, and hair cut you currently have.

Other issues to worry about.

Getting trapped. Death will take a lot longer/may never come.

Fitting in to society. First time your absurd healing is witnessed by a professional you are donezo. Word will get out, and you will be probably experiment #137 @ A=51. And if you are forever young? Good luck with securing your social when you look like you could be your grand kid.
>>
>>46096790
>all of his information in a single cell somehow

Mercer's body is incredibly dense, storing mass from dozens of people at any given time. That could be partly from all that information being stored in each cell. Though he might have pretty big cells as a result.
>>
>>46095818
Bone breakage and healing. That's why Wolverine has the adamantium skeleton- it was to prevent the body from healing around shattered bone.
>>
>>46097195
good point. Also there's the problem with the internal bleeding from getting shot. The wound is gone but that blood is still in your lungs.
>>
>>46097380
>The wound is gone but that blood is still in your lungs.
Yeah, so it hurts a lot, and you wind up coughing for quite a while.
>>
>>46097380
>>46097575
Just shoot the blood out with bigger bullets. Or get used to shoving sharp tubes into your lungs to drain them.
>>
>>46095818
Dat SCP-93. That is still my favorite SCP on the entire site.

Fuck regeneration, we need to turn the mirror world of SCP-93 into a campaign setting.
>>
File: tails.jpg (77 KB, 768x520) Image search: [Google]
tails.jpg
77 KB, 768x520
>>46095818
sometime, healing factor goes wrong
>>
>>46095818
Drowning
Tangenital question: would Wolverine drown? can he swim?
>>
>>46095818
Depends on how well engineered the regeneration is. If it's particularly fucked up you could wind up with a guy whose orifices spontaneously seal themselves. He'd have to wear special devices to keep his eyes, mouth, and asshole from closing themselves forever.

>>46095864
That's how they've explained Wolverine having some level of "superhuman" strength. Basically he uses his muscles at 100% all the time (like the mother who lifts a car off her kid, or the hiker who rolls the boulder off himself) but unlike normal people who are left totally fucked up afterwards he's good to go again. The unbreakable bones help too.
>>
>>46097712
>limb gets split in half
>grows into two deformed versions of the limb

>Chop head in half down the middle, split all the way open, two halves don't touch
>???
>>
>>46095896
Reminds me of the fifth Dune book, where a dude discovers he can move ridiculously super fast and slow down his perception of time, but he nearly starves to death afterwards due to the sheer amount of energy required.
>>
>>46097831
He can't swim, the adamantium is to heavy, at one point he has to get stark to make him a suit so that he can go into the ocean.
>>
Conservation of mass. You need to eat as much as you grow, or else your body will starve itself to death.
>>
File: Monitoring_this_thread.jpg (87 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Monitoring_this_thread.jpg
87 KB, 800x600
>>46095818
Someone stabs you in the chest, and while the sword is lodged in you, you kill him. Fuck, you got a huge ass sword in my chest and I healed over it. You could probably find a way to dislodge it but you'd need someone else to do it for you. Eventually you got all these little arrowheads, arrows, swords, pikes, broken swords, broken spears, all this shit poking out of you cus your fucking wounds keep healing over all the weapons.

I'd make you do a dex check (or the system equivalent) to remove the weapon before you start to scar it over. If you're the trollmancer 3.5 guy I'm thinking of (AHEM hectic). But yeah. Those monster regen rules are OP.
>>
>>46095818
Forget regeneration, what the fuck is going on in this pic?!
>>
>>46097712
Now he has three tails for people to bite on while he runs. I dont see the problem.
>>
>>46098204
see
>>46097672
>>
>>46095818
Gradual descent into insanity or a constantly changing variety of mental illnesses due to brain cells dying and regenerating, sometimes correctly sometimes not.

Basically you'd become Deadpool but instead of wacky fun comic book crazy you'd be regular sad and terrifying crazy.
>>
>>46098290
Brain cells do get replaced anon, they take much longer than other cells to do so but it happens, they also don't die very fast either.
>>
>>46098083
>but you'd need someone else to do it for you
>not pulling it out yourself like a fucking man
>>
>>46098290
I'd read a comic about that.

Like this sad, increasingly-deranged dude who keeps being told to do incredibly dangerous things because he's supposed to be invincible, but keeps accumulating quirks and disorders until he can't even remember or care his own life, much less why he's doing these things for people.
>>
>>46098391
>not pulling it out yourself like a fucking man

>Not even tying the lodged weapon to a ledge before jumping off
>>
>>46098396
Yeah, and since he "dies" a lot you could do something with that theme, along with how everything he does kind of wells up psychologically.
You could call him

ExpireBath

Expire cause he's supposed to be dead, bath cause he bathes in his quirks and disorders
>>
>>46095818
instant cancer
>>
>>46098463
Why does that sound familiar?
>>
>>46098463
>ExpireBath

DeceasedJacuzzi?
>>
>>46098536
I better put a patent on ExpireBath before its too late.
I had another idea for a comic book hero.
Basically he's a guy that goes really fast, as the comic went on I was thinking I could develop his abilities to become incredibly powerful.
>moving his body so fast he can phase through objects
>eventually working his way up to the point where he can go back and forward in time as he pleases

I'd like to use a lightning bolt for his emblem, since he's as fast as lightning but I feel like that would be an insult to just how fast he can really go.

I wasn't sure what I could call him though, do you think you can bounce some ideas off me?
>>
>>46095818
going mad because they can torture you for years
>>
>>46098350
This was assuming that the healing factor repairs damaged cells faster than they should heal and that the person in question frequently gets into situations where the brain becomes physically damaged from concussions, bullets, ect.
>>
>>46098628
Blink
>>
>>46098290
>>46098396
So, Deadpool.
>>
>>46098628
Bolt?
Impulse?
phosphorescence?
>>
File: keloid-2.jpg (43 KB, 400x336) Image search: [Google]
keloid-2.jpg
43 KB, 400x336
Keloid scars.

You might heal faster.

But who says you're going to heal beautifully?

And even worse, what if your body goes all-out, even for minor nicks, like a cut while shaving?
>>
>>46098538
How about MortalBoil?
Kind of a play on words of "Mortal Coil"
Especially since his problems kind of "boil" inside of him you know?

>>46098694
Blink, that's perfect.
Thanks.

Now for my last guy, I want him to be like, a regular human but he surpasses regular human by doing superior human feats.
He might even be able to fly.

What do you think of "Remarkable Fellow"

>>46098720
I think Deadpool is already taken, but I'm still open to ideas.

>>46098742
Impulse would be a good name for his foil, especially since impulsive actions often lead to mistakes.
>>
>>46098764
Call "Remarkable Fellow" - Best Man.
Have him do all his hero'ing in a tuxedo.
>>
>>46098764
No, I mean the whole "batshit crazy due to the healing factor (combined with the brain cancer) fucking up his brain" thing is kinda his entire schtick.
>>
>>46097672
Dang it, now I've got to read the entire entry...
>>
>>46098820
I would have never thought of this, thank you. His alter-ego could work as a wedding planner or something so he knows the inside scoop.

>>46098838
DeceasedJacuzzi wouldn't have brain cancer though, I was thinking he could have some shrapnel that gets stuck in his head or something.
He would be crazy cause of all the times he's "died" and came back to life, maybe even going as far as thinking he's some sort of messiah.
>>
>>46098820
Have his alter ego do something requires spandex that he puts the suit on OVER.

and a mask...

He's a Luchador!

But y'know terrible. Like a jobber that's known for being clumsy and flub bing moves.
>>
>>46095818
Being in huge pain because whatever injured you is still stuck inside.
Insane metabolism issues, even if starving can't kill you.
Getting stuck with the most dangerous jobs because if you fuck up "lol itll grow back pussy"
>>
>>46097672
What happens?
>>
>>46099056
Shit happens.
>>
File: pain.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>46098290
So Albedo, then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oHxm8TYu0
>>
File: Magenta's_fate.png (145 KB, 748x320) Image search: [Google]
Magenta's_fate.png
145 KB, 748x320
Can you be killed?

If say you can't be killed then being put in a situation where you'd never get out and having to be sentient/conscious.

Like Kars or this guy from Jojo's for example.
>>
>>46095818

Wisdom teeth growing back and fucking up your mouth, Appendix exploding repeatedly, broken bones healing at odd angles because they healed before they could be set, and so on.
>>
>>46095818
Cancer, infected wounds closing too fast, hayflick limit, wounds healing the wrong way, etc
>>
>>46096003
Not necessarily, I'd say.
Neoteny is just the persistence/retention of youthful/childlike features into adulthood.
As I understand, humanity is very neothenic compared to neanderthal reconstructions (smaller nose, higher crown, less heavy brows)
I don't know if homo sapiens heals faster in any significant way than a neanderthal would, and I doubt we'll ever know.
>>
>>46099957
Neanderthal bones show more evidence of surviving broken bones than the homo sapiens around at the time. The current theory is that they just discovered how to use splints earlier than we did.
>>
>>46095930
Wouldn't you be able to just crudely dig it out and let it heal itself afterwards?
>>
>>46095818
https://aeon.co/videos/the-hydra-s-amazing-resilience-challenges-ideas-that-all-living-things-must-die
>>
>>46095930
They made a point of that in the Bioshock series, the Little Sisters have super fast healing. One of them gets a compound fracture in her legs, and they have to perform several repeated surguries to continually re-break and set the bones, since the bones keep rapidly healing in the broken position on their own.
>>
Physical attractiveness probably wouldn't be all that great.
I'm not entirely sure, but the sped-up cell replacement would probably mean that you shed a shit ton of skin all the time, and there would be more defects like moles and freckles.
>>
>>46096474
>Robert Liston
Second most famous case:
>Amputated the leg in 21⁄2 minutes, but in his enthusiasm the patient's testicles as well.
>>
>>46095818
Character in a story I'm writing is a *Vegetarian, in that the sight/smell of red meat or food made of red meat makes him sick. Fish he's fine, poultry is cool as long as it's prepared a certain way, but not red meat.

Reason why; He has a very good regenerative ability, but years ago he got his ass kicked and kidnapped by a couple of cannibals. When asked:

"You spend 3 1/2 weeks hanging on a meat hook listening to a couple of psycho's compliment each other on the quality of the filet mignon and rump roast, when you're the one who provided the mignon and the rump, and see if you look at a T-bone steak the same way again."
>>
>>46098764
this is hilarious
>>
>>46095818
Stuff never grows back quite the same as before. Sometimes it grows back radically different than before.
>>
>>46095818
Well, looking at it as if there were no anatomical reprecussions to your healing like Deadpool or Wolverine have, then you could focus on the aspect of the one thing regenerative healing won't change: the human psyche.

Think about the pain of losing a body part, and then the growing pains of it re-growing. Sure, you could survive bullets and bombs, but the pain of growing back could be so much as to give you a real phobia of getting hurt in the slightest.

It would be ironic; you could survive anything the outside world could throw at you, but you would be powerless to stop the fear within from making you freeze up and run away.
>>
>>46095818
Mitoses. Clones just start growing out of you.
>>
>>46098083
Does the embedded metal give higher AC?
>>
File: the horror.jpg (33 KB, 433x650) Image search: [Google]
the horror.jpg
33 KB, 433x650
>>46095818
what if each time you healed, something was, wrong or different, you lose a hand, it grows back with more fingers, or possibly less, maybe now theres scales where skin once was, your injuries somethimes comming back as stranger growths, your shoulder now is a swollen growth covered in twitching eyes

Your legs, if they can be called that, have too many joints, and tiny spouting limbs [why cant i hold all these legs]

Problem is you cant die, just, keep regrowing weirder and weirder til you look like that hideous creature from the Fly
>>
>>46095930
fuck, you beat me to it
I'm out
>>
>>46097903
Long live the Bashar!
>>
>>46096671
IIRC Deadpool is crazy because his brain keeps dying from cancer and regenerating.
>>
>>46098396
What was the one with the girl holding the sword that made her immortal, but after letting go all the wounds would resurface and she eventually ends up in pieces
>>
>>46095818
Even when your body is healed, sickness could still leave you as weak as a kitten.

Regeneration could leave internal damage or have other faults.

Or worse, if it's all perfect and good, wouldn't you get used to it? You forget others don't have it, or don't consider options that might save your life because it's not as necessary as for other people. You get complacent.
>>
>>46098756

How in the FUCK did that guy let it get to that point?
>>
File: kanedaaaaaaaaa.jpg (44 KB, 846x474) Image search: [Google]
kanedaaaaaaaaa.jpg
44 KB, 846x474
>>46095818
>>
>>46098628
Mr. Zip.
>>
>>46103761
You'd eventually become desensitised to it though. Especially since you'd never be in any actual danger.
>>
>>46095818
Decreased lifespan in the longrun, perhaps by 10-20 years.
>>
>>46096003
probably look like you're under 20.
25 is when you stop developing. If you can't grow a full beard by then god help you
>>
>>46112139
Very arbitrary number for something as varied as humans. Sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>46112139
To be honest, a clean shaven face is more professional than a beard.
>>
>>46112154
Humans age at a similar rate until they reach their late twenties or mid-thirties
>>
>>46112264
Source?
>>
>>46112282
DOI: 10.1002/ana.410340113
>>
File: tumblr_nzyf4apjby1uiqrieo1_400.png (166 KB, 359x427) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzyf4apjby1uiqrieo1_400.png
166 KB, 359x427
>>46096879

You say these things as if they were really a problem

>You filthy normies don't have infinite Telemores
>>
>>46112344
*pushes you into lava*
enjoy living in a rock forever, guy. hope you're patient
>>
>>46095818
assuming you still feel pain, torture could be absolutely brutal
>>
>>46112363
When was the last time you've been near lava? Never.
>>
>>46112430
Nigga you're living forever you telling me you'll never be near lava? Some time in the next few thousand years you're at some stage going to piss some fuck off enough that he's going to hire a hitman to take you out and throw you into a volcano.
>>
>>46112363
>*pushes you into lava*
I hope you realize that despite being a liquid, lava is still fucking stone. You're not going to sink in unless you're made of lead.
>>
>>46112363
Do you have any idea how dense and viscous lava is? There's no way to sink in it. You need to do it the other way around, pour the lava on top of the body.
>>
>>46112517
You're going to burn for a while. When it cools you'll have to start healing around the rock. If there's too much rock you're going to have a bad time. If the rock has folded over you, you're stuck in the rock.
>>
>>46112539
Oh hey, that works too. Maybe in the year 5050 an assassin will use a lava gun on you. Either way dude enjoy being stuck in a rock
>>
>>46112451
>Assuming you can't fight off a hit man with thousands of years of street experience
>Assuming you would vacation with hit men near a volcano
>Assuming you wouldn't already avoid volcanos entirely because of the trapped-in-lava-forever possibility
>>
>>46112545
>If the rock has folded over you, you're stuck in the rock.

Why would you stand in burning lava for literally hours waiting for molten rock to slowly fold over you? Are we talking about vulnerability here, or the stupidest suicide ever?
>>
File: 20120705.gif (272 KB, 576x3086) Image search: [Google]
20120705.gif
272 KB, 576x3086
>>46097872
>???
http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2663
>>
>>46112574
How fast do you imagine you're healing? You're still feeling a shitload of pain and your body is melting and burning and boiling

>>46112569
*satellite with lava cannon orbits into frame*
just as according to keikaku
>>
>>46102586
You should abandon everything about that idea, it is terrible

Seriously dude even if you have invested years and years into that story you should just walk away man stop throwing good time after bad

Maybe try to learn guitar instead I dunno
>>
>>46112604
>You're still feeling a shitload of pain and your body is melting and burning and boiling

Because when *I'm* in excruciating pain, my first instinct is to remain still enough for the source of my agony to slowly engulf me over the course of a half-day.

Oh, sorry, that was *your* argument.

Yeah, no, I think you'd move off the lava.
>>
>>46112631
Don't get me wrong I'd want to get away from the lava but if my spine has melted after getting pushed into it/ having it shot at me from a big fucking lava gun there's really not much I can do until I have my nervous system back.

Maybe that's just me, how do you usually fare when you're exposed to 700C temperatures?
>>
>>46112631
Last post from me on the subject but if you've got someone who's trying to kill you with lava he's not going to let you writhe away over the course of half a day. He's going to make sure you stay in the lava. Maybe with a big old stick to push you back into the lava again, or in the case of a big fucking lava gun he'd just keep squirting lava at you until you stop moving. And then keep going for a while.
>>
>>46112696
>>46112670
So its the old "Even if you're invincible and not doing anything then someone will hunt you down and kill you immediately just based off of the fact they can".
>>
>>46112743
I think it's more along the lines of "if you've got super healing and somebody wants to kill you, they're probably going to go for total overkill to make sure it sticks."
>>
>>46112836
So who do you support in the following engagement:
>Deadpool
Vs
>Batman
>>
File: 1393107022370.jpg (42 KB, 277x276) Image search: [Google]
1393107022370.jpg
42 KB, 277x276
>>46112696
>He's going to make sure you stay in the lava. Maybe with a big old stick to push you back into the lava again, or in the case of a big fucking lava gun he'd just keep squirting lava at you until you stop moving. And then keep going for a while

Oh, so you're saying that "NUH UH YOU CAN'T GET OUT NUH UH NO NO NO CAN'T HEAR YOU"?

That's pretty stupid.

In that case, I bet the regenerator just puts on his lava-resistance ring and walks away.

Seriously, you're one of the newfaggiest tryhards I've seen on /tg/ in 7 years.
>>
>>46096671
Thing is that your memory would be gone.

"Although a memory begins with perception, it is encoded and stored using the language of electricity and chemicals. Here's how it works: Nerve cells connect with other cells at a point called a synapse. All the action in your brain occurs at these synapses, where electrical pulses carrying messages leap across gaps between cells.

The electrical firing of a pulse across the gap triggers the release of chemical messengers called neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters diffuse across the spaces between cells, attaching themselves to neighboring cells. Each brain cell can form thousands of links like this, giving a typical brain about 100 trillion synapses. The parts of the brain cells that receive these electric impulses are called dendrites, feathery tips of brain cells that reach out to neighboring brain cells.

The connections between brain cells aren't set in concrete -- they change all the time. Brain cells work together in a network, organizing themselves into groups that specialize in different kinds of information processing. As one brain cell sends signals to another, the synapse between the two gets stronger. The more signals sent between them, the stronger the connection grows. Thus, with each new experience, your brain slightly rewires its physical structure. In fact, how you use your brain helps determine how your brain is organized. It is this flexibility, which scientists call plasticity, that can help your brain rewire itself if it is ever damaged.

As you learn and experience the world and changes occur at the synapses and dendrites, more connections in your brain are created. The brain organizes and reorganizes itself in response to your experiences, forming memories triggered by the effects of outside input prompted by experience, education, or training."
>>
>>46113057
So basically because how the memory works regenerating your brain cannot recover the "established" signals between synapses which was your memory.
>>
Having to eat a fuckload to fuel it. Physical pain from the rapid healing. Objects remaining embedded if not removed before healing. And unless they somehow have perfect mitosis with absolutely no flaws, they'll develop a shitload of cancer very quickly.
>>
Every time your healing power prevents you from dying, someone else dies in your stead and comes back as a vengeful shade.
>>
>>46097903
Best character in the series. Fucking love Teg.

>>46099056
A lot of weird parallel universe stuff. The gist of it is that there's another world where some sort of "god" visited earth in the 1800s and accelerated technology along with introducing a sort of superhuman serum. Eventually something went wrong with the serum, creating mutant conglomerations (OP's pic) which killed the world.

Worth a read http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093
>>
>>46112906
>batman uses the bat lava spray
>>
>>46113031
>newfaggiest
How's middle school going?
>>
File: 2012-12-03.jpg (322 KB, 650x592) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-03.jpg
322 KB, 650x592
>>46095818
Hope that whatever you get hit with isn't barbed.
>>
>>46098628
The Streak
>>
File: soylentgobli.gif (115 KB, 504x991) Image search: [Google]
soylentgobli.gif
115 KB, 504x991
>>46112576
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.