[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Princess Zelda Quest #7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 26
File: Logo.jpg (196 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Logo.jpg
196 KB, 800x450
>You are Princess Zelda, heir to the fallen throne of Hyrule

>Your father, corrupted by Power, died in a coup, your Kingdom shattered in a civil war 10 years ago, the Hero in Green giving his life to ensure you escaped the conflict

>An uneasy peace has returned to the land, but omens of a descent into greater chaos than before loom on the horizon

>You, Zelda Hyrule, have the potential to claim your birthright and restore the Kingdom to what it once was, bring back true peace to the lands. Your path ahead is not set in stone; you must chisel it in yourself. What kind of Legend will you create?

And for reference, pastebin with stats, inventory, and some mechanics:

http://pastebin.com/YZJfZW64
>>
File: forest_temple_by_glucka.jpg (90 KB, 600x545) Image search: [Google]
forest_temple_by_glucka.jpg
90 KB, 600x545
>>46094658
[Temple of Farore]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzfUiE1ncys

You and your new ally step inside the Temple, the loud clank of her steps drowning out your own movement as you look inside. It's... better-maintained than you would expect something in the deeper forest to have. Guess the fairies try to make things as tidy as possible.

"So, how many Darknuts are in here?" Aveli asks the fairy floating behind you, axe in her hands readied.

"Many. I stopped counting and started fleeing after the sixth one." she responds. "At least one of them was wearing more ornate armor than the others..."

"So more than six, total." the Gerudo girl states in anticipation. "Want me to scout up ahead, Termina?" she questions, almost sounding like a puppy that's just found a new ball.

...That should probably worry you a bit.

>A. We should stick together, can't run any risks just yet
>B. I'll scout out ahead, I've got some tricks I can use
>C. Go for it, I'm going to look around here for a bit
>D. Something else?
>>
>>
>>46094677
>>C. Go for it, I'm going to look around here for a bit
>>
>>46094677

Scouting is fine, but she probably should hold off on engaging enemies if she can help it. Don't want too many darknuts around before we're prepared.
>>
All right, roll me 2d10, best of three. DC 4 for both.
>>
Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d10)

>>46094903
>>
Rolled 1, 5 = 6 (2d10)

>>46094903
>>
Rolled 6, 10 = 16 (2d10)

>>46094903
>>
>>46094922
>>46094930
>>46094947
Oooh, very interesting...

Writing...
>>
File: TempleOfFarore-map.png (113 KB, 672x560) Image search: [Google]
TempleOfFarore-map.png
113 KB, 672x560
>>46094677
"Scouting the place out is good, I'll do some myself, but let's not get too far from each other." you tell the girl, looking to your sides. Openings in each direction, and you can hear something faint coming from both... sounds like it's sliding across the floor.

"Right, right. If I find anything you'll know." the girl states, walking ahead.

You first scout out the area to the right, noticing a blade trap moving from wall to wall. Paying attention to its movements, you quickly dash across when you're able to. Ahead you come across a chest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppy8d8_iEQo

Awesome! You got the [Temple Map]!

Keeping in mind the sliding blade trap's movements, you hurry back out of there and into the entrance, looking over the map. Next up, you repeat the same process and head into the room to the left. Same blade trap, similar problem. You make it across, though just barely missing the blade as it comes back. The chest there has... a [Key]! Good, good.

"Termina! You might wanna start heading here soon!" the Gerudo girl's voice echoes through the temple.

>A. Got it! Double-time!
>B. Just give me a moment, I'll be there soon, might have more things to check out
>C. Something else?
>>
>>46095222
>A. Got it! Double-time!
Can always continue exploring later.
>>
>>46095222
>A. Got it! Double-time!

Gotta help our newest buddy/hired help!
>>
>>46095222
>B. Just give me a moment, I'll be there soon, might have more things to check out
>>
>>46095222
>>A. Got it! Double-time!
>>
2d10 again, best of three, DC is 3.
>>
Rolled 9, 2 = 11 (2d10)

>>46095396
C'mon!
>>
Rolled 3, 4 = 7 (2d10)

>>46095396
>>
Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d10)

>>46095396
>>
>>46095426
>>46095430
>>46095446
Fantastic! Writing...
>>
>>46095430
Mediocre, yet adequate!
>>
File: Darknut_(The_Wind_Waker).png (2 MB, 2234x1378) Image search: [Google]
Darknut_(The_Wind_Waker).png
2 MB, 2234x1378
>>46095222
"Got it! I'll be there soon!" you shout in response, this time expertly clearing the sliding trap and running back towards the entrance. You see your new ally ahead and bolt to her, seeing the girl take a readied stance.

Upon arriving, you see why she called to you. Ahead is a large, canine-looking being in heavy armor, apparently having just the door ahead. It snorts as you enter, moving around one of the three pillars in the room. "...is this a joke? Children, leave while you still have your-" upon getting a better look at you, it pauses, tilting its head. "...lives."

"Sorry you overgrown pup, we're here on a mission." Aveli responds, stepping to the side. Your own steps become more cautious, calculated, as you approach. Just how big the creature is starts to hit you. The Darknut is nearly twice the height of your new ally, wielding a sword that seems to be as tall as you are.

A sword it points at you both, giving a slash at the air to intimidate. "You both should know better. But it seems that you will not listen to reason. I shall spare one of you, then." it states, giving a glance towards you.

>A. Try to run around it and attack with a sword strike!
>B. Crossbow, aim for the eyes!
>C. Bomb it!
>D. Zas, your time to shine!
>E. Shield up!
>F. Fairy Missile!
>G. Something else?
>>
>>46095744
>>
>>46095744
>F. Fairy Missile!

Give Zas some time to react by distracting him. If the crossbow doesn't make him recoil, then the fairy slamming into him might.
>>
>>46095744
>E. Shield up!
>C. Bomb it!
>>
>>46095744
>>
>>46095814
>>46095841
I wanted to avoid booms, in case the others hear
>>
>>46095871
What, and pass up a chance to take them all out in one boom!?
>>
>>46095744
>C. Bomb it!
>>
>>46095744
>>D. Zas, your time to shine!
>>
>>46095744
>>
Rolled 1, 10, 10 = 21 (3d10)

Okay, roll me 3d10, best of three, please. DC is 5 for all.
>>
Rolled 3, 7, 9 = 19 (3d10)

>>46096047
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 4 = 15 (3d10)

>>46096047
>>
Rolled 6, 10, 1 = 17 (3d10)

>>46096047
>>
>>46096091
>>46096102
>>46096136
Ooooh. This is interesting.

Writing...
>>
>>46096091
>>46096102
>>46096136
I'm sensing a 2/3 theme here...
>>
File: Darknut-armorloss.jpg (434 KB, 1200x766) Image search: [Google]
Darknut-armorloss.jpg
434 KB, 1200x766
>>46095744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8SRHURU1HA

"Your first mistake was underestimating us, Darknut." you state, readying yourself to quick-draw your crossbow. "It won't be your last." You roll to the side as it starts moving towards you, quickly firing your crossbow at the monster, not quite hitting it in the eye, but getting lucky enough to strike it right into the helmet, hitting the creature's eyebrow. It recoils, stepping back to pull the arrow out, letting you get enough of a chance to dash to the creature's back and slash at the ropes connecting the chest armor. It roars angrily and swipes at you, but you backflip out of harm's way, raising your hand. "ZAS, AVELI, NOW!"

The Phantom Knight forms in front of you and charges at the Darknut, swinging down hard at the canine monster. It manages to guard itself initially, first by dodging Zas' initial swing and then by grabbing the Gerudo girl's axe as it swings down at it... but that leaves its arm open to get stabbed by a quick thrust from Zas, the creature letting go of the axe and trying to counter Zas again.

Except it doesn't get that chance. "HRRAAAAAGGHH!" the small Iron Knuckle roars, swinging her axe right into the Darknut's chest with such force that it is pushed back into one of the pillars, a lucky follow-up strike cleaving both the Darknut and pillar in two.

The top half of the monster lets out a small chuckle before it passes. "...seems you were right. My comrades will not make the same mistake." A puff of mist is all that's left of its body, leaving behind a... dark orb? Huh. To your surprise there's also a chest on the floor now, where the pillar fell.

Aveli stares at the phantom knight, shouldering her axe. "You're just full of surprises, Termina. Where were you hiding this guy?" she asks enthusiastically, walking back to you.

>A. Magic, Miss Aveli
>B. Strike the dark orb
>C. Open the chest
>D. ...hey wait a minute. Aveli, Zas, break the other pillars!
>E. Something else?
>>
>>46096616
>A. Magic, Miss Aveli
>>
>>46096616
>>D. ...hey wait a minute. Aveli, Zas, break the other pillars!
Oh and
>>A. Magic, Miss Aveli
>>
>>46096616
>A. Magic, Miss Aveli
>>
>>46096616
>>A. Magic, Miss Aveli
>>B. Strike the dark orb
>>C. Open the chest
>>D. ...hey wait a minute. Aveli, Zas, break the other pillars!
All of the above? All of the above.
>>
>>46096616
>A. Magic, Miss Aveli
>C. Open the chest
>>
>>46096718
Yeah why not.
>>
>>46096718
sure it makes sense
>>
>>46096718
Well the first is just optional dialog, the second two are things we're going to get to regardless, the last is the only option for doing something else, and we're all definitely for it.
>>
>>46096718
This.
>>
File: ironknuckle.jpg (397 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
ironknuckle.jpg
397 KB, 800x513
>>46096616
You smile at the girl. "Magic, miss Aveli... hey, wait a minute. Zas, Aveli! Strike those pillars!"

The Phantom Knight does as you command, toppling another, Aveli following suit after a shrug. The other two pillars fall, one further chest falling. You open the first chest and...

Nice! A [Piece of Heart]! You've got two of the four you need for an extra, now!

Aveli takes it upon herself to open the other one, getting... oh wow, is that a Purple Rupee? That's worth a whole 50! To your surprise, she tosses you a couple Reds herself, smiling. "I think this means my payment's covered, wouldn't you agree?"

She stashes it away as Zas returns to you... a small fairy flying around him. "Y-you two beat that Darknut?"

"Smashed it good." Aveli tells her, patting her axe.

The fairy joins the first one you encountered, the two of them talking among themselves, then turning to you. "Not far off is the Temple's most sacred treasure, but we fear that there are more Darknuts ahead. They're probably trying to find it themselves."

You tap on the black orb with the pommel of your blade, it shattering to reveal a Red Rupee, a Blue, a Green, and... oh nice! A jar to refill your magic with. Not back to full, but you've got something, now.

[Rupees: 95]
[Magic: 1/5]

>A. Offer Aveli another few Rupees, even if you've paid her back for her services
>B. Ask the fairies about the Temple's treasure
>C. Try to see if Zas can scout ahead for you, into the next room
>D. Move on through, no time to waste!
>E. Something else?
>>
>>46097262
>>A. Offer Aveli another few Rupees, even if you've paid her back for her services
>>B. Ask the fairies about the Temple's treasure
>>
>>46097262
>A. Offer Aveli another few Rupees, even if you've paid her back for her services
Gotta do some networking
>>
>>46097262
>>A. Offer Aveli another few Rupees, even if you've paid her back for her services
>>
>>46097262
>>
>>46097262
Sure she'll appreciate it.
>>
>>46097262
>>
File: Farore-symbol.png (46 KB, 577x605) Image search: [Google]
Farore-symbol.png
46 KB, 577x605
>>46097262
Looking at the fairies, you question them, "What can you tell us about the Temple's treasure? Why would they want it?"

One of them clears her throat. "Well... it is called the Belt of Winds. It's blessed by Farore to give the one who wears it tremendous speed and agility, but also peerless grace, with proper practice. It allows one to move their body like the dancing wind, going from a calm and collected breeze, to a mighty gale."

"Ahh, so the pups want the Speedy Windy Belt to help them in battle, you think?" the Gerudo girl asks you.

"Perhaps... might not be all there is to it, though. It is one more reason to keep it out of their hands." you reply, unlocking the door. "Zas, can you scout ahead for us?"

"As you wish." the phantom tells you, heading... through the wall instead of the unlocked door. Oh. Okay.

You then hand Aveli an extra Blue Rupee. "I'm aware that your services have been completed, but I thank you again for coming along with me for this. Please, take it as a token of my gratitude."

She looks at the Rupee you place in her hand curiously, staring at it longer than you thought she would be. She stashes the Rupee away, lifting her helmet. "...that was very generous of you, Termina."

"I feel you deserve it." you tell the girl with a sweet smile.

"...why are you really heading through these Temples?" she asks, tilting her head.

>A. ...how much do you know about the one called Ganon?
>B. It's a secret to everybody
>C. Why do you think I am?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46098056
>>A. ...how much do you know about the one called Ganon?
>>
>>46098056
>>
>>46098056
>>
>>46098056
>>
>>46098056
>>
>>46098056
Legit curious, I remember Impa telling us that the Gerudo fought against him during the war.
>>
>>46098056
>>C. Why do you think I am?
>>
>>46098056
>>
>>46098056
>>A. ...how much do you know about the one called Ganon?
>>
>>46098056
>B. It's a secret to everybody
Because she should know how important this is.
Because her opinion is important and it could reveal some interesting things.
Because this is an important thing.
>>
>>46098056
"...who do you think I am, Aveli?" you ask in return. Might as well gauge what she's thinking in asking you this.

She puts her axe down and leans on it, looking you over again. "Hmm... you're not in this just to gain some reputation and find a suitable mate, I can tell that much." You're... not quite sure how to take that first guess. She seems to notice. "Ah, sorry. Right. You Hylians are a bit different about that. Well... then I'd say you're going around trying to prevent something bad from going down. Hrmn... given how skilled you seem, I'd say you were trained for such a task." Her smile nearly goes from ear to ear. "How close am I?"

You take a moment to figure out how to best phrase this question. "...how much do you know about the one called Ganon?"

"The monster that showed up during the war? What ab-" Her eyes become like saucers. "...no way. But... wait a minute!"

With speed far greater than you'd assume she has in that armor, she starts really investigating your appearance. Looking at your poncho, checking over your arms and legs before you really have a chance to react. You step away slightly after she's done. "...w-what was that for?"

She shakes her head. "Nah, you couldn't be, then. You're not even wearing green. Well, guess Veran's theory still doesn't have any backing." She picks up her axe again. "Shame, she's been really betting on it."

(cont.)
>>
File: Ganon-gb.png (49 KB, 139x250) Image search: [Google]
Ganon-gb.png
49 KB, 139x250
>>46098984
You manage to stop being bewildered long enough to ask her something before she heads through the door. "What? What was who betting on?"

"That the ol' Hero in Green was secretly a girl like us." Aveli responds, opening the door. "As for Ganon... well, we aren't exactly keen on seeing a monster like that return. Mom was there when he showed up ten years ago, said that while he looked Gerudo, he was nothing more than a demon inhabiting skin that looks like it. Took out half of the people she was working with before someone managed to distract him long enough for her group to retreat. Heh, told me that if she ever found the man who managed to punch Ganon like that, I'd have a younger sister. Or two." She puts her helmet back on with a laugh. Her voice becomes serious again. "You're going to try and stop him from returning, aren't you?"

>A. Yes, but please, it's a secret to everybody, for obvious reasons
>B. Your mother fought against Ganon?
>C. Why would you think I'm that Hero?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46099033
>>
>>46099033

In that order.
>>
>>46099033
>>
>>46099033
>>
>>46099033
>>A. Yes, but please, it's a secret to everybody, for obvious reasons
>>B. Your mother fought against Ganon?
>>C. Why would you think I'm that Hero?
>>
>>46099033
>>
>>46099033
>Heh, told me that if she ever found the man who managed to punch Ganon like that, I'd have a younger sister. Or two."

Gerudo are the best
>>
>>46099033
"Well... yes, but please, it's a secret to everyone, for obvious reasons. The more people aware that's even a possibility that he'll return..." You shudder. "...I don't want to see Hyrule plunged into chaos again."

"So you're doing this for Hyrule itself, huh?" the girl comments, looking around. "How noble of you. Sure you don't have a green tunic lying around somewhere?"

"I have a pink one. That's all." you respond with a little laugh. Now she's doing it on purpose. "Why would you think I'm him in the first place?"

She taps the side of her helmet. "Let's see, blonde Hylian with great sword skills, magic, and is out to stop Ganon from returning? I have no earthly idea."

You break eye contact with her, your smile saddened. "...The first Great Fairy I encountered confirmed for me that he's dead." you tell her in a way that's technically correct.

"...Oh."

"More importantly, your mother fought Ganon?" Time to get the conversation away from that topic.

"'Fought' is a stronger word than she'd use. 'Survived' is a more accurate description." Aveli states. "She'd probably be dragging me back home and arming herself again if she knew I'm helping someone try to stop his return. Of course then join you for double my rate."

"Parents, huh?" you ask with a forced smile that she thankfully doesn't pick up on.

Zas floats back towards you. "The room to the north has an apparently sleeping Wolfos in it and a suspicious-looking wall. The room to the east seems to be a main area to the Temple. I spotted at least one Darknut in there when I heard you enter."

>A. Let's head north, then
>B. East, let's clear him out
>C. Aveli, let's split up and deal with the foes as we can, I'll send Zas into the room to the East with you
>D. Check this room
>E. Something else?
>>
>>46099739
>>B. East, let's clear him out
>>
>>46099739
>>
>>46099739
Better to take him out while he's asleep than screw around and wake him up early.
>>
>>46099739
>>
>>46099739
>>
Okay, 1d10, best of three. DC is 4.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>46100110
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>46100110
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>46100110
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 7 = 17 (3d10)

>>46100119
>>46100123
>>46100133
All righty then, writing after this roll...
>>
>>46100166
Worry...
>>
File: Wolfos-Art.png (436 KB, 881x695) Image search: [Google]
Wolfos-Art.png
436 KB, 881x695
>>46099739
"Let's head north, then. We can deal with the Darknut in a bit." you state, heading forward into the room to the north. You and Aveli wait on either side of the door for Zas to open it, quickly bolting in when he does and attacking the Wolfos. The sound awakens it, and it almost manages to avoid your strike, but a slash makes it to the monster's back, Aveli following through and bisecting the Wolfos. It vanishes in a puff of mist.

The Gerudo girl shoulders her axe again. "Well, that was easy."

"Be alert, we should check out this area a b-" A sound like a door opening can be heard on one of the walls. And one of them does look a little bit weaker than the others...

>A. Stand back, going use a bomb
>B. Aveli, think you might be able to break this wall here?
>C. Something else?
>>
>>46100396
Let's save bombs if we can.
>>
>>46100396
>>
>>46100396
>>B. Aveli, think you might be able to break this wall here?
>>
>>46100396
>A. Stand back, going use a bomb
>>
>>46100396
Offer to bomb if it's difficult to do.
>>
>>46100396
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 9 = 11 (3d10)

Let's see...
>>
>>46100638
Wowza.
>>
>>46100638
...Well all right then.
>>
>>46100638
That went over like two airplanes!
>>
File: Darknut_and_Mighty_DarknutWWHD.jpg (320 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Darknut_and_Mighty_DarknutWWHD.jpg
320 KB, 800x450
>>46100396
You tap the clearly hallowed out wall. "Aveli, think you can break this down?"

She cracks her knuckles. "Leave it to me. Might wanna stand back, though." You do as she asks, stepping clear away from her axe. She pulls it back... and with enough force to get it embedded in the wall behind her. She pulls it hard, managing to free it... only for it to miss the wall in front and end up embedded right next to the hallowed out wall. With an angry grunt she pulls it out one more time and smashes the wall as best she can. It finally comes crumbling down, revealing an open door ahead of it. "...first try, right?"

You giggle a little. "Sure. First try." Stepping into the small room ahead, you spot a chest, with...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppy8d8_iEQo

Awesome! Another [Piece of Heart]! Only one more to go!

You and your allies head back out, now finally entering the room to the east. You are indeed greeted by another Darknut... with two more on either side of it, all of them standing above a pillar. Bars jet down and seal the door behind you.

"This is as far as you'll go." The center one states, raising its blade to point at you. "That you made it this far is reason for concern. We will stop you from interfering with the Prince's goals. That said, we hope you are a worthy challenge. EN GARDE!"

>A. One to each of us! Let's go!
>B. Focus on one at a time!
>C. Crossbow, like before!
>D. Bombs away!
>E. Sword strike, to the back!
>F. Something else?
>>
>>46101179
>D. Bombs away!
Multiple enemies you say? Time for some AoE!
>>
>>46101179
>D. Bombs away!
>C. Crossbow, like before!

Looks like they have some vital areas exposed to crossbows. Maybe we can hit a joint or get a lucky shot at an artery or something.

Bombs are also good for making them scatter.
>>
>>46101179
>A. One to each of us! Let's go!
>>
>>46101179
>D. Bombs away!
>>
Rolled 8, 2, 7 = 17 (3d10)

Okay, 2d10, best of three. DC is 5.
>>
Rolled 3, 8 = 11 (2d10)

>>46101439
>>
Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d10)

>>46101439
>>
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d10)

>>46101439
>>
Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d10)

>>46101439
>>
>>46101460
>>46101509
>>46101521
All right then, writing...
>>
File: darknut_by_damaximos-d5rag27.jpg (70 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
darknut_by_damaximos-d5rag27.jpg
70 KB, 894x894
>>46101179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHS_ozZAc44

"One to each, let's go!" you order, readying yourself. Aveli takes the Darknut to the left, Zas going after the one to the right. The one in the middle, wearing a more ornate helmet, starts to rush at you, shield up. You carefully move out of its way and pull out a bomb while the three of them are still relatively close together. You throw it as hard as you can, managing to damage the armor of the one attacking you, but the other two are out of harm's way. Zas and Aveli are managing well against their opponents, at least, but you're going to have to think quick.

The blade of the Darknut comes crashing down, barely missing you, and with greater speed than you're anticipating manages to swing it, keeping you away from the monster. It's closing in again, and even without that armor, it's not going down easy...

>A. Sword strike!
>B. Another bomb!
>C. Crossbow!
>D. Shield up!
>E. Get up close and smash a Deku Nut in its face!
>F. Something else?
>>
>>46101820
>A. Sword strike!
>D. Shield up!
>>
>>46101820
>A. Sword strike!
>>
>>46101820
>A. Sword strike!
>>
>>46101820
>A. Sword strike!
While still up close, then
>C. Crossbow!
Push off and fire
>>
>>46101820
>D. Shield up!
I'm intrigued...
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 9 = 13 (3d10)

All right, 3d10, best of three, please. DC is 4 for all.
>>
>>46101820
>>46102020
Backing!
>>
Rolled 8, 9, 8 = 25 (3d10)

>>46102109
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 8 = 14 (3d10)

>>46102109
>>
Rolled 8, 5, 1 = 14 (3d10)

>>46102109
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 1 = 14 (3d10)

>>46102141
>>46102186
>>46102196
Oooh nice.
>>
>>46102218
Okay, writing...
>>
>>46101820
You take a Deku Nut out and, managing to dodge another sword swing from the Darknut, dash up to him and jump on the canine monster, quickly shielding your eyes as you smash it in his face, the blinding light from it causing the monster to roar in pain. As you're still there, you pull out your sword and slash at his chest, kicking off him and drawing your crossbow. The Darknut manages to grab you by the leg, but you quickly fire a couple bolts at the creature's chest, causing him to let go of you. You fall to the ground on your back, then quickly jump back up, sword still drawn.

While your opponent is dazed, injured, and lacking in armor, your allies are still holding their own against their opposing Darknuts. Aveli's managed to remove her foe's armor, but Zas is being pushed back, taking a hard hit to the shoulder. Good thing he's a Phantom...

>A. Finish your enemy off! Jump strike!
>B. A few more crossbow bolts should put him down!
>C. Bombs again!
>D. Zas, switch with me!
>E. Something else?
>>
>>46102540
HIYAAAH
>>
>>46102540
>D. Zas, switch with me!
>>
>>46102540

If we take care of our current foe quickly, then we can go assist whoever needs it the most. Or backstab whichever enemy is the most open.
>>
>>46102540
>B. A few more crossbow bolts should put him down!
Stay safe!
>>
>>46102540
>>A. Finish your enemy off! Jump strike!
>>
>>46102540
>>A. Finish your enemy off! Jump strike!
>>
>>46102540
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 5 = 11 (3d10)

One more roll, please! 2d10, best of three! DC is 4!
>>
Rolled 2, 7 = 9 (2d10)

>>46102767
>>
Rolled 7, 8 = 15 (2d10)

>>46102540
>D. Zas, switch with me!

>>46102767
>>
Rolled 5, 3 = 8 (2d10)

>>46102767
>>
Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d10)

>>46102767
>>
>>46102778
>>46102793
>>46102805
All right then! Writing...
>>
File: AveliOW.jpg (518 KB, 3029x2550) Image search: [Google]
AveliOW.jpg
518 KB, 3029x2550
>>46102540
Your grip on your blade tightens. "HRRAAAAHHH!" With all your might you take a running jump and plunge it hard into the monster's chest. The Darknut falls as you kick hard to free your blade. Without a moment to lose, you dash over to the one fighting Zas and slash its armor off. That gives the Phantom Knight the opportunity he needs to deliver an equally critical blow.

Aveli meanwhile seems to have... somehow gotten her axe grabbed by her opponent. The Darknut manages to damage her helmet, but to its surprise she returns the favor to it by striking it down with its own oversized blade. She grabs her axe again and removes her helmet as the monster goes down, investigating the damage. "Agh... that was close. At least it's still functional. Mom's gonna be mad I got this one cracked too..."

>A. I can help pay for repairs, if you'd be okay with that
>B. ..."too?"
>C. Search the area now that things have settled
>D. Investigate the pillar in the middle of the room
>E. Something else?
>>
>>46103145
>>B. ..."too?"
>>
>>46103145
>B, "how many have you damaged?"
>C
>D
In that order?
>>
>>46103145
>B. ..."too?"
>>
>>46103207
Supporting
>>
>>46103145

This is more or less what I was typing out:

>>46103207
>>
>>46103145
>B. ..."too?"
>C. Search the area now that things have settled
>A. I can help pay for repairs, if you'd be okay with that

Kato, will we have the ability to get the full 20 hearts?
>>
>>46103253
20 is the maximum for Zelda.
>>
Roll me 5d10, best of three. No DC.
>>
Rolled 5, 7, 5, 6, 1 = 24 (5d10)

>>46103444
>>
Rolled 9, 9, 6, 8, 8 = 40 (5d10)

>>46103444
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 8, 3, 9 = 23 (5d10)

>>46103444
>>
>>46103497
well damn
>>
>>46103491
>>46103497
>>46103500
Oooh nice.

Writing...
>>
File: BeltOfWinds.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
BeltOfWinds.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>46103145
You raise an eyebrow. "...'too?'" you repeat as a question.

Aveli flinches. "...I said that out loud?"

"Yes you did." you confirm. "How many?"

She rubs the back of her head. "...I might have, uh, kinda, sorta, broken... two before?"

You've got your arms crossed. "There's a story to that isn't there."

"A-all you need to know is that it was completely on accident!" she shouts in near protest, cheeks reddening.

You can't help but giggle. "If you insist. Come on, let's check this place out..."

Looking around, you manage to find some spare bombs in a pot, and enough crossbow bolts to restock your supply. In addition to that, you find a pair of Red Rupees! That brings your total up to 130. Aveli herself finds one as well.

Next up, the pillar in the middle of the room. The Gerudo girl swings hard with her axe, toppling it down and letting the chest fall to the floor. You both open it up, and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRr9NG7RE0

...You got the [Belt of Winds]!

The fairies with you float out and confirm that it is indeed the belt the monsters have been after. They sigh with relief that you found it first.

>A. Put it on, try it out
>B. ...say, Aveli, want to give this a go?
>C. Continue on to the next room (north, south, or east?)
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46104032
>>
>>46104032
or
>D. Find a fairy real quick, give it the belt and see what happens
>>
>>46104032
>Rock, Paper, Scissors for the belt, then explore
>>
>>46104032
>>
>>46104032
>>B. ...say, Aveli, want to give this a go?
>>
>>46104032
...you get an idea. "Say, Aveli, want to give this a go?"

She looks at you with surprise as she takes the belt. "...a-are you sure?" You nod to her.

She takes a moment to remove her armor, put on the belt, and then put the armor back on again. At first she isn't quite sure about what she's doing, but then she starts moving. She starts up a run, and while you were probably much faster than her with the girl having all that armor on initially, she suddenly seems to be far faster than you are. And unusually agile for someone in all that armor. Grabbing her axe, she next tries to swing it around, and in contrast to the slow, strong swings she's had to manage before, now she can move the weapon around almost as well as you can with your sword. It's still a heavy item, but with this added speed she's able to swing it quicker, without much loss in power.

Aveli stops her practice and grins joyfully at you. "This... this is awesome! C-can I keep it until we're done with the things pestering this Temple, Termina?"

>A. Of course, it'll probably be worth it
>B. Actually, it's yours now, Aveli. Keep it.
>C. Ah... you know, I was sort of hoping I could have it back...
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46104815
>>B. Actually, it's yours now, Aveli. Keep it.
Fuck it
>>
>>46104815
>>
>>46104815
A melee specialist with a heavy weapon gets more out of it than someone already quick and with ranged options.
>>
>>46104815
>>
>>46104815
Keaton would probably approve.
>>
>>46104815
>>
>>46104845
>>46104855
>>46104880
>>46104881
>>46104888
>>46104893
>This split
Say she can use it for now, let her continue using it indefinitely afterwards?
>>
>>46104922
I'd prefer if Zelda gets the belt back so she can at least use it herself, but Aveli can use it for the rest of the dungeon, at least.
>>
>>46104815
>>
>>46104922
I say let her keep it if she can use it well. If she ends up running into walls with it constantly it's probably better if we take it back. For her safety and the safety of those around her.
>>
>>46104922
>>46104950
>>46104972
Knowing narrative convenience, something is going to prevent Aveli from using the belt all the time. She'd be way too good with it.
>>
>>46104950
Looking at us as a team, it does more good on her, I think. Still it'd be fun to try it out and maybe there's something special we could do with it.

...I want to put it on the Keaton.
>>
>>46104815
>D. Something else?
Just give it to her but ask her to take down her employment prices for it.
>>
>>46104996
If we put the belt on the Keaton, then Zelda will look like she's in a wind tunnel.
>>
>>46105020
We'd be able to hit Ganon like a fox-shaped freight train.
>>
>>46105147
We'd probably need to turn the belt into an entire saddle for it to actually work like that.
>>
>>46105214
Collar! Fox collar!
>>
>>46105000
This if she lowers her employment wages we can make more money. But, if we are going to keep giving her extra money on the side its not going to do anything.

Then again we could negotiate some agreement with her. Also it would be really convenient not to need to micromanage where the belt is at all times, and forgetting to give someone the belt.

>>46105020
But the mental image this brings makes me want to keep it.

>>46105147
Good Point.

You guys all bring up good points can't decide which one is better.
>>
>>46104972
Supporting this.
>>
>>46105334
The best that she has it most of the time, and we can reserve the right to borrow it back. Like with the Keaton thing, we might need *really* fast travel at some point.
>>
>>46105417
>come across large grass field
>put on the belt and start spin-mowing it down
>>
File: Aveli2.jpg (328 KB, 638x1920) Image search: [Google]
Aveli2.jpg
328 KB, 638x1920
>>46104815
You're... honestly just tempted to let her keep it. She looks like she can get a lot of use out of it. Ah... what the hey. "Use it as much as you like, Aveli. You can borrow it for as long as you like."

"R-really?" she asks with her eyes almost lighting up.

You nod. "I mean, I'd still like to use it from time to time, but you can have it beyond the Temple. Just... be careful with it, deal?"

"DEAL!" she shouts, doing a celebratory jump in the air. Her hands grip her axe tight as she smiles wide at you. "All right Termina, won't let you down!"

Zas floats towards you again. "There seems to be a chest in the room to the north, while there are stairs both south and east, descending and ascending respectively. Which do you think we should head towards first?"

>A. Let's get that chest to the north
>B. Let's head up those stairs east
>C. Let's head down those stairs south
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46105585
>>
>>46105585
Aveli is adorable. Gerudo girl is best.

>>
>>46105585
Night, I'm off to sleep.
>>
>>46105585

North is always nice.
>>
>>46105585
>>A. Let's get that chest to the north
>>
File: Hero_FaroreFairy.png (395 KB, 900x691) Image search: [Google]
Hero_FaroreFairy.png
395 KB, 900x691
>>46105585
"Let's head north, then." you state, walking with your allies into the new door. The room is small, but there seem to be blocks around it that can be climbed on. Zas points his sword upwards. "The chest is on the highest platform, approximately six blocks up. Be careful not to fall."

You notice that there're some pictures around the area as well. Paintings, mostly, but on the bottom level there seems to be one of... of...

There's a photograph of... of him, it seems. An actual photograph. With... a girl, giving him something. Looking closer you notice that she seems to have wings. The Great Fairy of the Temple?

"Hey, Termina, I might be able to reach that chest, you want me to get it?"

>A. Yeah, go ahead
>B. No, I'll be able to get it
>C. Ask the fairies about the picture
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46106166
>D. Something else?
CHECK FOR TRAPS
>>
>>46106166
>C. Who took this picture? Is there a camera laying around somewhere?
>>
>>46106166
>A. Yeah, go ahead
>>
>>46106166
>>A. Yeah, go ahead
>>
>>46106166
>A. Yeah, go ahead

>>46106191
Supporting this one as well
>>
"Y-yeah... go ahead. Careful for traps." you tell her, staring at the picture. The fairies float around you. "...what can you tell me about this?"

"Ah, it's him!" one responds. "He met with the Great Fairy over a decade ago, seeking the gift of Farore's Wind. It helped him in his battle against that wizard, along with the other spells of the Great Fairies."

"The spell can transport people short distances, keeping them away from danger." the other fairy tells you.

You stare at the picture longer. "...wh-who took the photograph?"

"A young, friendly Goron did. Was his hobby." they tell you.

"Hey, Termina! Heads up!" Aveli shouts to you

You look up. "What'd you find?" The answer is literally dropped in front of you. One more Piece of Heart! That's a whole extra one!

[Hearts: 5]

The Gerudo girl hops down carefully but with surprising ease given the armor she has on. That belt's doing her wonders. "Something up? You seem kind of..." she finally notices the picture too. "...i-is that ...is that who I think it is?"

You force a smile. "Guess you can confirm for your friend Veran that it was indeed a boy."

She looks over the picture. "...Great Fairy wouldn't mind if I took this, would she?"

"Ah, afraid she would." the fairies respond.

"Damn." she grunts. "...Termina, something wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." she comments, letting out a cough after looking at Zas. "I mean... y-you know what I mean."

You turn away from the picture, heading out. "Just... memories."

"...you knew him." Aveli concludes.

"Not all that well... but he's the reason I'm alive today."

>Secret Princess Zelda Quest #7 END
>Twitter account is @KatoQm, will have status updates there
>Got some questions for the QM? Suggestions? Throw them at ask.fm/QMKato and I'll try to answer them as best I can

All right folks, that's it for this thread. I'll be around for a while for questions and such. Did y'all have fun with this one?

Also got an announcement to make next post, gimme a moment
>>
>>46107095
Always boss, thanks for running
>>
>>46107095
Good stuff, yo.

So hey, what would really happen if we used the belt as a Keaton collar?
>>
>>46107153
We'd hit Warp 10
>>
>>46107153
At 88mph we'd see some serious shite
>>
>>46107095
Lots of fun, as always, Kato.
>>
What causes there to be multiple iterations of the same conflict in Zeldaverse?

What perpetuates this cycle where there are multiple Zeldas, Heroes in Green, Ganons?
>>
>>46107128
>>46107340
Thanks for playing, anons!

>>46107153
It wouldn't do as much as you think, though you'd be able to travel a bit faster. Biggest advantage would him having an easier stopping speed.

>>46107182
Never hit warp 10. You turn into lizards or something.

>>46107214
Just try not to make out with your mom.

>>46107378
A very good question, anon.

Okay, so, real talk here.

I... kinda got a promotion this week? Starting this Sunday, I'm going to be starting as assistant manager, since the position opened up, I've been putting in a lot more overtime work, and I've got some good history working there. You can probably see where this is going, though.

The big problem is that my hours are going to be later than usual, leaving at 9 pm my time (around this time). So... I can't run Sunday. Or most days of the week, save Friday and Saturday.

I am going to try to run Tuffle Quest tomorrow, but things might come up. And I'm not really sure how things will continue, but at the very least I'll try to manage Fridays like usual. So... by the end of the month, depending on how things go, I might have to put this or Tuffle Quest on a bit of a hiatus. I hope it doesn't come to that, but feel y'all need a fair warning ahead of time.
>>
>>46107444
>A very good question, anon.
Is there an answer to that question? Do you have one in mind for the quest? Or is just 'Nintendo likes sequels/rehashes'
>>
File: Zelda_WEB_-524x393.jpg (45 KB, 524x393) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_WEB_-524x393.jpg
45 KB, 524x393
>>46107578
Yes to all of those.
>>
>>46107444
>Just try not to make out with your mom.
BOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
File: caf97f16108a70658ad0fc265b513983.png (682 KB, 1080x1400) Image search: [Google]
caf97f16108a70658ad0fc265b513983.png
682 KB, 1080x1400
>>46107611
Do not create paradoxes, anon. The timeline doesn't like that.
>>
>>46107444
Welp I'll be here for whatever you end up running. Glad you got a promotion boss.

Don't forget to archive.
>>
>>46107609
Can we break that cycle?

I mean obviously we have the smaller (yet still substantial) goal of fixing Hyrule, but maybe after.

I like breaking universe cycles.
>>
>>46107444

Congratulations on your promotion, Kato! Hope you reap the benefits of your added responsibilities.

Thanks for running today. See you next session!
>>
>>46107691
Done and done. Thanks, anon.

>>46107894
Thanks, anon! I'm certainly going to do my best.

>>46107787
It will not be easy. At all. But there might be something that can be done about it.
>>
>>46107787
>>46107929
It'd probably be something heavy, like killing the goddesses or destroying the triforces. Not really heroic business.
>>
>>46107929
>It will not be easy. At all.
It never is, but its usually worth it for progress.

Been playing too much SMT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7FduDXerD4
>>
File: DDogmaDaimon.jpg (283 KB, 832x393) Image search: [Google]
DDogmaDaimon.jpg
283 KB, 832x393
>>46107787

Just be careful with breaking endless cycles and rings. Sometimes, attaining that kind of power isn't worth it.
>>
>>46107991
>Not really heroic business.
Neither is subjecting the world to the same calamity over and over again.

I get what you mean though.
>>
>>46107991
Destroying Triforces is just about the worst thing you can do. Ask Hilda.

>>46107993
It's not the Goddesses that need to be stopped, I'll say that much.
>>
>>46108034
DD was ridiculous with its cycle. But I suppose Zelda is too.
>>
>>46108041
Kato are you really going to push for Sheik/Zelda

You said so on Ask
>>
>>46109067
Sheik's a guy though!
>>
>>46109106
Or IS SHE?
>>
>>46109067
Am I?

>>46109106
Are you sure?
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.