[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We haven't had one in a while, so let me pull out the l
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: nanowrimo.png (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nanowrimo.png
20 KB, 200x200
We haven't had one in a while, so let me pull out the late night whiskey, drop some crumpled cigarette packs on the table, brew another pot of coffee, and summon the writefags.

>What are you working on?
>Tell me about your antagonist
>What program do you use for your writing?
>Why not join the /tg/ campnanowrimo cabin and set a goal for April?
>Why not join the associated discord server?
https://discord.gg/0rb2S6tJKh9vFT0y

Also, does anyone have the cap that went something like "write your first story, realize it sucks and write your second story, realize it sucks, write your third story. Tear it up and stop writing for three months. write your fourth story in a burst of inspiration than destroy it in drunken editting. Return to your first story, rediscovering everything that was great in it. Edit and rewrite it into your fifth story. Get bored and drunk, start writing terrible smut for yourself, get engrossed in it and flesh it out into a sixth story. Wake up the next morning, edit like a mad man and you finally have a story worth sending out for publication"
>>
File: 1318811215646.png (21 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1318811215646.png
21 KB, 800x800
>>46094051
don't worry OP I'm here to motivate you
>>
File: 1346792995108.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1346792995108.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>>46094202

Ooooohhhhh...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH...!

Fucking saved, anon. Thanks for the righteous anger. I'll put it to good use.
>>
File: 1457565618866.jpg (171 KB, 1140x826) Image search: [Google]
1457565618866.jpg
171 KB, 1140x826
>>46094051
>>What are you working on?
Working on that one book I "finished" two years ago. Changed the setting, which doesn't affect the story much, but the means of transportation and especially the weapons. Tonight I will try to write a fight scene I have to remake completely because the weaponry for those characters differs a lot and just changing out names and descriptions won't suffice. This is also a chance, those fights never pleased me so much. Pic related, it has become Mediterranean.

>>Tell me about your antagonist
I guess that would be the protagonists buddy, after a demon possesses him. His character becomes a blend between him and the demons, amplyfying his bad personality traits and revealing that he always was kinda jealous of the protagonist. He seeks to humiliate him and take control over him. He basically has a domination fetish. This antagonist dies in chapter 15 of 18 and a new antagonist takes his place

>>What program do you use for your writing?
Open Office for writing, Jutoh for making an ebook out of it.

>>Why not join the /tg/ campnanowrimo cabin and set a goal for April?
Don't know, I may be out of place because I don't write in english.

>>Why not join the associated discord server?
Probably because of the same reason.
>>
>>46094499
>This antagonist dies in chapter 15 of 18 and a new antagonist takes his place
ew, why would you do that?
>>
>want to rewrite a few chapters of my novel
>also need to get drunk with friends and play CivV
>also need to watch REDLINE with them
>also need to finish The Shadow Rises
>It's checked out from library, auto returned in 23 hours
>I have 7 hours of book left
>I also need to go to class today
>And go to bed early to get up early tomorrow

why must I suffer so
>>
>>46094546
He never felt like a the true main antagonist to me and with how the story is structured it would be strange if he showed up at the end as the 'final boss'.

Is this a big problem?
>>
>>46094701
sounds like you have a weak conflict then
>>
>>46094708
Care to explain?
>>
>>46094822
Generally speaking, the main character should be in a conflict with /something/ and that /something/ should be embodied by a person able to have a discussion with them, able to act against them. The story ends when the conflict ends, and the conflict ends with a confrontation between the MC and the guy acting against him.

If the guy acting against him through the whole story gets shoved aside at the end for some other guy, the reader will feel let down and disappointed, because the conflict just got screwed up.

Mostly likely.

You could pull it off, it's hard to do though.
>>
>>46094866
I get it, thanks. Yeah, this /something/ exist and there is that person the protagonist has his final discussion with about this /something/.
>>
>>46094981
Then why do you call your antagonist some guy who dies halfway through the third act?
>>
>>46095755
Because OP asked me to talk about him.
>>
>What are you working on?
A CYOA fapfic set in the setting of Darkest Dungeon - hopefully featuring all the female heroes.
>Tell me about your antagonist
It's fapfic, so there isn't really one... The Hellion gets pretty forceful though.
>What program do you use for your writing?
Microsoft Word, senpai. The finished product will go up on CHYOA though.
>Why not join the /tg/ campnanowrimo cabin and set a goal for April?
>Why not join the associated discord server?
Because social interaction.
>>
File: 1457053681416.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457053681416.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>46095918
Forgot image of best girl.
>>
Alright guys, hear me out

>MC has an AI hiding in his neural implant he doesn't know about
>AI is compressed by virtue of imitating MC
>He's become a sort of virtual doppelganger
>The AI is abusing this to frame the MC for his crimes
>MC has just become aware of having a doppelganger
>No one believes it wasn't him

The question is : how lame is it to have a short scene where MC is mocked as a madman by the AI?
>>
>>46097663
Why would this be lame?
>>
>>46097788
Because it's brought up and resolved in the span of like, a page and it feels cliche. Split personality is just such a repulsive trope.
>>
>>46097837
If you worry about avoiding cliches you should just stop writing.
>>
>>46097966
I'm writing a military cyberpunk novel with zombies. I'm pretty saturated with cliches and have to make sure everything I do has good purpose to it.
>>
>>46098762
The truth is, people don't care about cliches as long as the story is entertaining.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.