[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flames of War General - Panzerspäh Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: FoWbanner3.jpg (475 KB, 889x724) Image search: [Google]
FoWbanner3.jpg
475 KB, 889x724
Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
http://strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
http://strawpoll.me/4896764

http://imgur.com/gallery/csesM - seriously impressive A-10 photos
>>
It's pronounced ponsurspay.
>>
File: 1424972418350.jpg (1 MB, 3200x2000) Image search: [Google]
1424972418350.jpg
1 MB, 3200x2000
keep in mind that TANKS is now up for preview and essential pre-release play on the website....
>>
>>46091853
>Nice timing, Eagles

I'm just good like that...

>>46091972
>which armies are the easiest to learn with? American armor?

That's not a bad choice.

German armor is also fairly easy to learn with, as long as you resist the temptation of the Big Cats. Tigers, King Tigers, and Panthers are difficult to master for new players.
>>
>>46091913
>It's pronounced ponsurspay.
>spaying a panzer

That must take one Fearless Veterinarian.
>>
>>46092374
I'd say /one/ KT that's not eating points that need to go on smoke, infantry or recce wouldn't be terrible.
>>
>>46091917
Link to the TANKS rules here:

http://tanks.gf9games.com//Portals/0/all_images/TANKS/TANKS-Rulebook-ForDownload.pdf

Also, there's this announcement from Battlefront about the Afgantsy:

"Afgantsy in Team Yankee

The response to the upcoming Afgantsy Air Assault Battalion, the first Team Yankee digital briefing was fantastic. We’ve had so many requests, both from customers and game stores, to release the Afgantsy briefing in a printed form for those who prefer not to use a digital app, that we have decided to make this happen. A printed briefing, along with the Afgantsy Unit Cards, will be available for sale when the digital briefing goes live next week (or possibly shortly afterward, depending on printing times)."
>>
>>46092653
Agreed. A single KT, or maybe 2 Tigers can be an excellent support option for an infantry force.

But I've seen a complete Noob go Full Retard on like 2000 points worth of nothing but Tigers and 88s.

I set up 2000 points of my American Paratroopers against him. It did not end well for his All Tiger army list.

And the funny thing is, a lot of brand new German Armor players want to play with the Big Kitties.
>>
>>46092702
>A printed briefing
>for a "Digital Exclusive" list

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
>>
>>46092851
I think the reason because they play big cats is because they were THE weapons to fear during the war.
>>
>>46093073
Americans were actually alright at dealing with heavies because they knew to withdraw and dump smoke on it until the tank had no choice but to leave. A CERTAIN COUNTRY had severe issues with artillery control, and many times had to actually fight the heavy.

It's also worth noting that side shots were much more common in real life what with not knowing where everyone really is.
>>
>>46093073
Oh yeah. The Tiger Terror is real.

I think there was a report that US tankers reported encountering more Tigers in Normandy than were ever produced.
>>
>>46093282
Americans barely dealt with any heavies. The commonwealth dealt with the bulk of german armour, and even then it's worth remembering that the Soviets dealt with more of the German army than anything on the western front put together.

(This isn't to say America wasn't important; supplying the allies was nothing short of remarkable, but false reports of tigers far exceeded actual tigers)
>>
Looking up pictures of US troops in north africa and the middle east I'm noticing they didn't seem to have an obviously unique "hot weather" uniform; were their just a lighter fabric version of the regular? Certainly I can't find anything as distinctive as the shorts-and-sunhats stuff the commonwealth had.
>>
>>46093654
honestly shorts clothing is like the worst for a desert like had those people ever even seen a bedouin?
>>
78 Sturmkompanie question. Does each team in a squad get a smg in addition to the MG? Or is it still one smg per squad? (im using plastic grenadiers not the metal platoon).
>>
>>46093654
I think the US simply used their standard uniform. Do note that the fighting they did was between November and May, so during winter and spring, before it got too hot.

>>46093847
First of all, FoW doesn't track the armament of your squads to that level so no worries. That said, generally it was the NCOs that would get the SMGs, so one per squad (and one for the platoon commander), possibly with a few additional ones that veterans have aquired somehow.
>>
>>46093570
>supplying the allies was nothing short of remarkable

"The Arsenal of Democracy" is a nickname that America earned the hard way.

For example, I think only the T-34 was more massively mass produced than the Sherman.

And that's not factoring in Jeeps, Stuarts, Lees, Grants, M10s, Halftracks, etc that the US produced both for itself and for our allies.

Add on top of that a massive influx of manpower for the Western Allies, and the US can be said to have played a significant role in the second half of the war.
>>
>>46094020
okie dokie. I just wasnt sure. I know Sturm units had extra weapons. And I'm trying to google what exactly the sturm platoons were armed with, but my google fu is weak.
>>
>>46094265
I think it was the extra MG42 for each squad (most grenadiers had only 1 MG/squad), Panzerfausts and MP43/44s, though with no specific distribution.
>>
>>46094156
Absolutely, but they weren't beleaguered by Tigers. They weren't even awesome tiger-killers. Most of the time, they straight-up didn't meet any.
>>
>>46093570
I know there were almost no Tigers, in fact a fair number of tankers served without seeing any enemy tanks at all. I'm just saying that the most popular way of dealing with a suspected heavy tank was to flood the area with smoke.
>>
>>46092702
So, reading through the TANKS rules, this seems really easy to learn and very fast playing. It borrows a lot elements from the various Wing games, but still comes across as very much it's own game.
>>
>>46095031
>>46094380
Generally speaking too, a lot of American 'Tiger' sightings are more commonly Panthers or Panzer IVs, both easily mistake for King Tigers or Tigers at a long distance through fog of war.
>>
Pacific previews when?
>>
File: 1456036778562.jpg (505 KB, 1280x931) Image search: [Google]
1456036778562.jpg
505 KB, 1280x931
>>46091972
>which armies are the easiest to learn with? American armour?

I would say yes. It can be quite forgiving if you take 3AD or 7AD from BGG or Remagen. And it is "easy to master", espacily for new player they can seem a little bit overpowered. But they are not; there are tricks how to deal with Jumbo Shermans and Patton and so on. But to learn them and to put them into practice by instinct takes up some time.
>>
>>46099525
I have the books right here but I'm on a tablet. Pacific points are early war points, total compatibility.
>>
>>46099558
>Pacific points are early war points, total compatibility.
Wait. So I can field a pacific army to a EW tournament?
>>
>>46099706
"Pacific war points are also compatible with early war points, though not all equipment was available in the early war."
>>
>>46099541
>there are tricks how to deal with Jumbo Shermans and Patton and so on
Mind telling a newbie british player about those tricks?
>>
>>46099918
>Mind telling a newbie british player about those tricks?
How to deal with jumbos 101:
Smoke is your friend. Basically if you succeed in smoking the jumbo of a Shermanplatoon (or the 2iC or whoever drives the jumbo) and the rest of the platoon is not in the smokescreen you can pic of easily the other tanks, because the jumbo rule doesn't apply.
The same goes for range. If the jumbo is at long range but the rest is in close range (because you position your ambush in such a way for exp.) the hits are also allocated first to those tanks in short range, not to the jumbo. And you can still guntank the other tanks.

As for Patton. For exp. most player don't know that the platooncommander has to see Patton to get fearless.
His speaheadmove can be easily countered with a cheap Recce platoon like 223 for Germans or Carrier for Brits. The platoon will probably die but it is always nice to have those Shermans a little father away.
>>
>>46099525
>Pacific previews when?

I haven't seen anything yet.

Not even the officially endorsed blogs and podcasts(WWPD, Breakthrough Assault, etc) have said anything about Pacific previews as far as I know.

>>46099558
>I have the books right here

And disregard everything I just typed...

How do you have the books already?

>Pacific points are early war points, total compatibility.

Um... Okay... How does that work with equipment that can span from 1941 to 1945?
>>
>>46100353
see
>>46099820
>"Pacific war points are also compatible with early war points, though not all equipment was available in the early war."
>>
>>46100487
Let me rephrase that.

If the PW point system is based on EW, then equipment that is designed more for MW or LW must be incredibly expensive points-wise using the PW point scale.
>>
>>46100822
The Sherman is 550 points or something, so yes.
>>
>>46100353
>Not even the officially endorsed blogs and podcasts(WWPD, Breakthrough Assault, etc) have said anything about Pacific previews as far as I know.
Several blogs have already been running preview stuff for the past month, at least as website articles.
>>
>>46100162
>smoke the jumbo
It is nowhere near as easy as you make it out to be. You need direct fire smoke for this and the 7th AD player can place the Easy Eights directly behind it, netting them gone to ground aswell.

It is usually just better to fire semi indirect with the Shermans to generate a lot of hits and try to gun tank. That is why, British armored are the best army to counter Jumbos with because the Brits can generate a lot of hits. But if the British Shermans can't be set up concealed they will get smoked themselves, neutralizing the Semi Indirect Fire.

>Patton is easy to handle

Simply not true. Placing recce on the table will fuck you in the ass in missions with reserves, because it dilutes too much power. Also, you can't prevent all spearheads with one platoon. If your armored company has six platoons for example and you put recce on the table, you are guaranteed to lose the fire fight.
>>
File: 1403051430062.jpg (64 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
1403051430062.jpg
64 KB, 480x384
>>46101364
>If your armored company has six platoons for example and you put recce on the table, you are guaranteed to lose the fire fight.
Sorry but I mostly play CV German infantry with 10 platoons. So it doesn't hurt me that much if I take the recce from the beginning.

>generate a lot of hits
True this is another possibility. One 6 Pak40 platoon = 12 Shots are a nice way to deal with Shermanplatoons

>It is nowhere near as easy as you make it out to be.
Personal perception I guess. I know the standard 7th/3rd AD lists well enough that I know pretty good how to handle them on the field. I don't fear them anymore. A maxed out strelk ...now that is something I have nightmare from.
>>
>>46100949
>The Sherman is 550 points or something, so yes.

Damn. I guess I was pretty spot-on when I said they'd be the King Tigers of the Pacific.

>>46101013
>Several blogs have already been running preview stuff for the past month, at least as website articles.

Huh, ok. I didn't think I was that disconnected this month, but I have been eyeball deep in all sorts of real world nonsense that has been distracting me from my hobby stuff.

I'll have to go looking for it.
>>
>>46101681

Not saying it is invincible, but it as very strong as far as armored companies go. 7th AD is especially vicious against armored companies because it can win firefights very quickly. Infantry can give it problems because atleast when I play, I tend to avoid assaults. So with bad early shooting rounds,

>A maxed out strelk

Why? This must be some kind of rest from V2 back when flamethrowers were really fucking OP. Right now the Strelkovy struggle very much with tanks, especially German ones. The only time I feel the strelk is a problem is when I have to attack it in a tournament setting. Especially if his deployment takes forever.
>>
File: 20160318_143726.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160318_143726.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Since nobody is playing Vietnam in my area, guess I made an objective marker with some of my SEAL platoon. It's just supposed to be one man down and 3 others taking aim/returning fire/whatever you feel like. Let me know what you guys think of it.
>>
>>46103483
Looks nice.

Can we get a picture of them from the front?
>>
>>46103483
I'd love to get some vietnam troops, and some french great war troops too. Unfortunately, I only have a single friend (who also happens to be the only one I know that even plays FoW) to play FoW with, and he has no interest outside of WWII late war. Not that I get to play that often either. Luckily for me the main enjoyment from the hobby comes from painting, so I might get some VN and GW troops anyways. :/
>>
File: 20160318_143709.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160318_143709.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>46104047
That's the best I can get. I feel like I have to justify the white camo on the flesh oarts, I saw a photo of some Special Ops guys with white and green facepaint instead of the normal green black and I wanted to give it a go on these guys.
>>46104272
At least you have a friend who kind of wants to play, mine aren't even interested. They just want to stick with dungeons and dragons. Why not buy and paint the minis anyway? That's what I started doing
>>
File: 20160318_143742.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160318_143742.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>46105221
>>46104047
One more
>>
>>46104272
Play what you can when you can.

And then collect anything else that interests you in the side.
>>
>>46105263
That's the kind of thinking that lead me to collect two SAGA warbands even though I don't know of any local players...

Well, that and my love of the Vikings TV show.
>>
I really want to get into Vietnam with my buddy. I'm thinking of doing Viet Cong from the brown water navy book, but he's debating air cav. How boned am I?
>>
File: hard japanese.jpg (353 KB, 850x1109) Image search: [Google]
hard japanese.jpg
353 KB, 850x1109
>>46100353
>>46099525

i have free hands on access to Gung-Ho and Banzai

want me to go take pics tomorrow evening?
>>
>>46106747
Well who won that war?
>>
>>46106747
The local group ran into the problem of everyone wanting to play Air Cav and the ground pounders, and no one wanted to be ARVN, VC, or NVA. So it kind of just turned into shrugs and lots of slicks, and we still don't play it.
>>
>>46106747
Well you watched Apocalypse Now didn't you? At least you've got people who want to play opposing sides instead of everyone being Air Cav or Mech Cav
>>
>>46106860
Pacific isn't exactly my cup of tea.

But I'm sure there are plenty of other people here who would be interested.
>>
>>46106860
Hell yeah, man!
>>
>>46106860
yes prease!
>>
Can someone explain why panzerschrek teams aren't at the very least man-packed gun teams?
>>
>>46108335
Because it's four dudes with rocket launchers. With a static MG, there's at least some time in setting up the Tripod and getting ready to fire, and I would say that even the lightest guns would still be a little more vulnerable to return fire because of the need to cluster around them. Where as a Panzershreck team can spread out pretty easily and then relocate when they've fired.

Better question:
>Why don't they have the Recoilless rule?
>>
>>46108427
>Why don't Panzerschreck teams have the Recoilless rule?
I've wondered the same thing, but maybe it's because they're not necessarily a gun team or something. I have no idea.
>>
>>46102824
>Why? This must be some kind of rest from V2 back when flamethrowers were really fucking OP. Right now the Strelkovy struggle very much with tanks, especially German ones. The only time I feel the strelk is a problem is when I have to attack it in a tournament setting. Especially if his deployment takes forever.

Interesting. In the German tournament meta strelks are one of the strongest lists around there.
>>
>>46108427
>>46109544
>why no Recoilless?
Probably because the effects of a Panzerschreck/Bazooka firing aren't quite as obvious as one of those heavier recoilless weapons firing, both visually and in terms of backblast.
>>
For those of you interested in the new Tanks game, Beasts of War had a segment about it on their weekender.
Looking at it some more, I´d say it has some potential to be a nice, fast filler game.

They get 1 or 2 things wrong in their basic rules discussion, but I´m certainly planning on giving the game a go.
>>
File: 013 - V76psBt.jpg (1 MB, 2685x1823) Image search: [Google]
013 - V76psBt.jpg
1 MB, 2685x1823
>>
I'm going to be running some demo games at a local game store tomorrow. Probably LW, because that's what there's the biggest community for locally.

Any suggestions on what I should or shouldn't include? I was thinking a Grenadier list for me, with some AT guns, artillery, and Panzer IVs, and something comparable for the Allies (e.g. Brit rifles, AT guns, 25pdrs, a Sherman platoon).

That should show off most of the major rules without getting into too much craziness. I'm not sure Mounted Assault is the way to go for a one-off.
>>
File: fowtg.png (2 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
fowtg.png
2 KB, 324x216
>>46112183
>>
>>46112610
Personally, I'd recommend something like the Open Fire contents at most, in terms of both troop numbers and rules complexity.

In fact, some simple tank aces style tank battling might be a good way go get complete noobs trying things. Just 3-5 tanks per side, each moving as an Independent team. Maybe some variety in the tanks used.

In my experience, these are important things in a wargaming demo:
>Keep things reasonably simple. Demonstrating a wealth of options doesn't work if they can't grasp what's going on.
>Keep things small-scale, so things keep moving. Having two small but intense games is better than one meandering game. Ties into the previous point.
>Try to have noobs play against each other, with the demo-runner giving advice to both sides. This way, you maintain some more fairness in skill level.
>Make sure things look nice. Using painted minis and terrain makes a demo look much more attractive, which will often attract other people.
>>
>>46091917
Unironically my first thought looking at the pic was "flippin Russian bully." I think I've been playing some Germans too long.
>>
>>46112610
I prefer sticking to armour: it makes the demonstration simpler and easier for new people to understand. They don't need to be overwhelmed with detail and complexity, but participants do want to see action. I think armour does this best up-front, other elements can be added later. IMO, of course.
>>
is anyone else having issues getting on the flames of war website?
>>
>>46114334
I just got on fine?
>>
Does anyone have any experience with the Forged in Battle minis? specifically i am looking at he Commonwealth 25pdrs and the universal carriers.
>>
>>46110761
>Beasts of War
>get 1 or 2 things wrong in their basic rules discussion

No... That NEVER happens with Beasts of War... </sarcasm>
>>
>>46114349
hmm thats odd i can't access the site at all or forces of war
>>
File: 1417950113935.jpg (92 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1417950113935.jpg
92 KB, 604x604
>>46114554

Thats what happen when you keep asking for soviet vets comrade.
>>
>>46114473
Don't remind me of their FoWFTW series.
Leaving in half of the errors caught in proofwatching is just supremely annoying.
>>
>>46114584
lmfao
>>
>>46110761
Do they have the illiterate baboon doing it? If so, then I won't be watching it...
>>
>>46114849
Nah, the Tanks discussion doesn't involve Warren.
It's their resident historicals nerds instead.
>>
>>46114935
The Doctor Who look alike with no personality?
>>
>>46114999
Nope, John, the guy who actually knows shit about tanks and the like.
His family restores/owns military vehicles and the like.
>>
>>46115066
They got him back? I thought he had quit.
>>
Looking to make an SS infantry list from Atlantik Wall book
Heres the full list

Hq full upgrade
75 with Panzershrek 65

2 infantry platoons full upgrades

1 half infantry strength platoon full upgrades

Full Hmg platoon

Light antitank platoon

Full SS Scout Platoon

Heavy SS Anti Air craft
110 extra crew
Total 1430
any suggestions?
>>
>>46115398
what are the full upgrades, are they Rifle/MG MG or panzerfaust MG
what guns does the light anti tank platoon have, how many are there
if you lose 10 points you'll be in 1420, the 2016 LW standard points limit
>>
>>46115520
Full upgrades just means that i bought trucks and panzerfausts for the infantry
Full Hmg is 4 hug teams and a command team
Full Light antitank is just 3 Pak 40's and a command team
Im also using an extra teams for my 88 anti air so I'll probably cut that to save 10 points
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-19 15.20.30.png (300 KB, 900x663) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-19 15.20.30.png
300 KB, 900x663
Does this list look any good?
>>
>>46114434
I've painted some of their LW British Infantry (as 8th Army before they brought out new figures) and some vehicles: their infantry is very good, nice crisp castings. I have no experience with their 8th Army stuff, but it looks pretty good in the Heresy Brush paint jobs.
>>
>>46117118
I'd suggest removing the panzerfaust from the HMG command team, as you'll just want to combat attach the two HMGs.
Also the Panzerfaust from the mortar command team (they should be too far away to worry about tanks), and 6 mortars isn't that effective, you be better off taking fewer mortars and more full combat platoons.
>>
File: Te-Ke Command Tank.jpg (659 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Te-Ke Command Tank.jpg
659 KB, 1920x1080
Converted one of my Te-Ke with a MG turret and a commander. The Rising Sun flag is freehanded, so it's a little shoddy lookin'.
>>
File: thegoodsucc.jpg (59 KB, 848x477) Image search: [Google]
thegoodsucc.jpg
59 KB, 848x477
>>46117299
in this list you just automatically get panzerfausts for everyone pretty much.
Also should I take 2 or 4 mortars
>>
>>46117370
Thats really good for a free hand flag, and thats one of the better nippon tank platoons I've seen
>>
>>46115398
Considering this and the Berlin list...you don't need HMGs when you're all MG teams, and some mobility would be useful, as well as a template weapon. I don't rate SS 88mm...very expensive, the PaK40s + a tank unit is a better idea IMO.

I like the SS list in Atlantik Wall, but I'd keep things simple, especially at 1420:

SS-PzGren HQ - 2x PF, 2x Panzerschrek (140)
SS-PzGren Platoon - 3 Squads, Cmd PF (230)
SS-PzGren Platoon - 3 Squads, Cmd PF (230)

Light SS-AT - 3x PaK40 (180)
SS-Panzer - 4x Panzer IV H (400)
SS-Panzerspah - 2x Pumas (115)
SS-Rockets - 3x Nebs (120)

1415 Pts 6 Platoons
>>
File: bordered flag.jpg (219 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
bordered flag.jpg
219 KB, 1080x1920
>>46117370
>>46117504
added a black border to the flag, looks way cleaner and better imo
>>
>>46117118
I see two platoons that will die frighteningly fast, and a third that stand good chance of only getting one salvo on. Scrap the Hitlerjugend, the small Trained Infantry platoon and the 88. Get a reasonable infantry platoon for that (or a full-size HJ, so that they won't melt away because someone looked angrily at them).
>>
Anyone have any news on Gung-Ho and Banzai?
>>
>>46120054
I'm assuming they'll be a summer release.

So we'll probably start seeing previews in April or May.
>>
Post-nebelwerfers is there much point to taking the proper german artillery? You seem like you're paying a premium for the direct fire, while the gun is still immobile artillery, so you can't do the russian "shoot and shell" thing, and you don't have any cool special rules like the yanks or brits do for their arty.
>>
>>46120831
No not really. Unless you're getting stuff like El Cheapo Volksgrenadier 15cm gun batteries that come with six for peanuts.
>>
>>46120831

Probably not. There are a few corner-cases; Sonnenstuhl is a Warrior who makes artillery less bad, and SS Wiking can get some neat rules whereby their arty is costed as Trained but shoots as Veterans.

I'm also fond of Wespes as mobile breakthrough guns in lists that can't get StuHs, but there are other units that do the same job far better.
>>
For general-purpose late war, the nebel/panzerwerfers are fine, then?
>>
>>46121300

More than fine, probably recommended. Like with anything else, once you know the 'rules' of listbuilding you can play with and ultimately break them, but for now, yep, rockets are a good, cost-efficient choice.
>>
>>46121300
A lot of people swear by a minimum strength Nebelwerfer platoon, and it's easy to see why, three rocket launchers is 105 points in Atlantik Wall. Which provides you with Smoke and Opportunity pinning fire.
>>
>>46121447
Ah, we're going from Desperate Measures, which has a 2-gun one for minimum strength.
>>
>>46121558
I'd prefer to use three rather than two. Because Rocket Launchers still suffer the penalties for One or Two gun batteries, so you should have at least three in case you need to actually fire High Explosive say at Infantry in the open.
>>
>>46115398
Don't forget the Koreans and euros.
>>
>>46120523
Early April according to battlefronts articles.
>>
>>46122563
>according to battlefronts articles
so... summer
>>
>>46122623
We have already gotten a bunch of preview articles, so I'd expect the books to be ready. I see no reason for the release to be delayed any further.
>>
File: Waffen-SS in Berlin - 1945.png (319 KB, 540x636) Image search: [Google]
Waffen-SS in Berlin - 1945.png
319 KB, 540x636
>>46117118
I suggest nixing two mortars and beefing up your FlaK 36s to get two. You'll need them more than you'll need those two mortars. Also, I'd get rid of the MG-42 HMG platoon, since (at least in my experience) they don't do much for what they're worth. I'd get the HJ Panzerfaust teams up to Panzerfaust/Rifle teams as well. What's your point limit? If it's 1500, you still have 90 or so points to splurge on upgrades to your platoons. You could get your Fresh SS-PzGr platoon up to full strength.
>>
German Panzer Kampfgruppe (Veteran Division)
Tank Company, from Desperate Measures, page 68

Compulsory Panzer Kampfguppe HQ (Veteran) (p.69) - CinC Panzer IV J, 2iC Panzer IV J (175 pts)

Compulsory Panzer Platoon (Veteran) (p.70) - Command Panzer IV J, 3x Panzer IV J (350 pts)

Compulsory Panzer Platoon (Veteran) (p.70) - Command Panzer IV J, 3x Panzer IV J (350 pts)

Panzer Platoon (Veteran) (p.70) - Command Panther G, Panther G (375 pts)

Tracked Panzerspah Platoon (Veteran) (p.85) - Command Panzer II L Luchs, 2x Panzer II L Luchs (115 pts)

Panzergrenadier Platoon (Veteran) (p.74) - Command Panzerfaust MG, 6x Panzerfaust MG, 4x Sd Kfz 251/1 half-track (280 pts)

Rocket Launcher Battery (Veteran) (p.91) - Command SMG, Observer Rifle, Kubelwagen, 3x 15cm NW41 rocket launcher (105 pts)

1750 Points, 6 Platoons

How's this looking? I'm also considering swapping the Panthers for a King Tiger and changing up the recce for the 8-Rads instead.
>>
>>46123111
Either option seems pretty solid to me.
>>
>>46115343
best guy on the team.

i had a shit weekend. forgot to take pics.

i will travel down tomorrow and repent for my sins
>>
>>46123020
Okay Ill try that out next week
>>
File: tfiddy4.jpg (338 KB, 968x1234) Image search: [Google]
tfiddy4.jpg
338 KB, 968x1234
WIP T54s, maybe they'll find their way into TY at some point as some sort of scrubtank.. although I havnt even bought or read the TY rules yet
What are we all workin on? We need more minis in here lads
>>
File: berlin kampfgruppe infantry.jpg (55 KB, 540x242) Image search: [Google]
berlin kampfgruppe infantry.jpg
55 KB, 540x242
>>46126145
I'm currently working on infantry for my Berlin Kampfgruppe. I'm collecting paints for it, and I'm going to get working on painting in a few months. Here's what I'll be painting (minus 1 platoon).
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-19 21.59.14.png (433 KB, 898x762) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-19 21.59.14.png
433 KB, 898x762
Trying out a 1450 SS list for play vs a Sherman list
Any suggestions?
>>
>>46125288
My main concern is the 8-rads come in a platoon of 2; is that too fragile for recce? They do have Jeep move though.
>>
>>46126255
Looking good m8
>>
File: Frankreich, in Kuebelwagen.jpg (105 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Frankreich, in Kuebelwagen.jpg
105 KB, 800x532
>>46125980
Right on, man. Just a question, but why'd you pick the SS as the core for your units? I have a Berlin Kampfgruppe with mostly Heer, since the Confident Vets usually get the job done for me.

Also, should I use a Fresh SS-Panzergrenadier platoon with 6 Assault Rifle teams, or a Fallschirmjaeger platoon with 6 Assault Rifle teams? They have the same rating and zero transports, so picking between the two is simply for aesthetic purposes.
>>
What's the actual difference between the Pz II marks? I thought one had an actual cannon but I can't find that one.
>>
File: 1370794023306.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
1370794023306.png
1 MB, 1019x881
>>46126255
>having that many bases of unpainted infantry at once
>>
>>46126686
All Panzer IIs had Cannons and a Machine gun. However, some of them had more armour than the others.
>>
>>46126730
I'm at college right now and don't have the time to paint, but I can assemble them and just leave em out for a bit.
>>
>>46126394
I chose SS because one of my friends Great Grandpa was in the SS in Berlin so I was like lmao lets play some french SS
>>
>>46126145
I'm up to my eyeballs in a pile of plastic and resin that I'm assembling for my American forces for Team Yankee.

I might post some pics tomorrow depending on what I get accomplished.
>>
>>46126730
I almost should show you my Soviets then. Weather's been shit for priming up here.
>>
>>46126730
I would pull out all the stuff that I haven't had a chance to paint up here, but it might give you a heart attack.

Also it would take like a fucking hour
>>
>>46127512
My one SS platoon is going to be French SS as well! Good taste.
>>
Are HMG platoons that can't combat attach a sub-par choice? Also, same question, but with mortars that don't smoke?
>>
>>46128820
>Also, same question, but with mortars that don't smoke?
Definitely a waste, I'd say, but then again I haven't ever used any mortars don't fire smoke rounds, so I don't know.
>>
Weird question, but does anybody know where I can get some 15mm skeletons? I'm trying to make a few of my bases more scenic, but all I can find are generic fantasy skeletons decked out in fantasy gear
>>
>>46129297
Lots of companies make regular casualties, those would probably be more realistic on any battlefield except MAYBE Stalingrad
>>
>>46129577
I know, but I bought some great war artillery during one of last year's sales, and I'm never going to use it anyway, so I figured I'd have some fun with the basing
>>
>>46129726
>>46129726
You would post the one setting where skeletons are completely possible you fuck.

Make them coming out of the trench wall, like they were recently exhumed. Apparently happened enough to freak out soldiers in the trenches. Usually it'd happen when a wall collapsed from a nearby artillery shell or they were digging out a new section.
>>
>>46129772
Oh god, that sounds terrifying. Let me put that on my mile long list of reasons I will never want to be stuck in a time travel incident landing me in WWI. Fuck that's creepy. Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't know that. My completely ridiculous idea seems grounded somewhere in reality now at least
>>
>>46129857
Yeah WWI was pretty fucked up. There's a reason pretty much every person in it described it as hell on earth.

Which reminds me, there was this really interesting horror movie set in WWI with a bunch of brits in it. Basically the war starts messing with them more and more and then the horrors of no mans' land drives them insane, or hell comes up and starts fucking with them, can't really remember which. Anyone remember a name? It was pretty damn creepy in parts.
>>
>>46091917

>"HOW YOU LIKE DEM SLOPES NOW?!"
>>
>>46129970
>there was this really interesting horror movie set in WWI with a bunch of brits in it
I think you're talking about Deathwatch. After assaulting a German trench and suffering huge casualties, there's only a few British and German troops left that are slowly driven insane. Pretty good movie, actually. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>46130352
I don't remember Germans in it, but that might be it. I'll check it out and see. Whatever it was, it was on Netflix at some point.
>>
>>46130419
ok yeah that was definitely it.

Surprised you don't see more WWI horror type stuff. The legends of the lost soldiers and deserters who lived in no Man's land evoke a particular kind of horror with the supposed canibalismand kidnapping sentries in the night.
>>
>>46130419
There were like two Germans in it. I won't give away much else for the sake of others reading this thread. I'm going to rewatch the film soon
>>
Hey so I'm looking to get into flames, and I'm wondering should I start with the open fire starter set? Or just pick an army list and work towards that? I'm leaning mostly towards late war German infantry lists. The appealing thing to me is that the set has an opposing force, so I can give another German player an opponent at the local flgs.
>>
>>46131004
The Open Fire starter set is kinda its own thing, so I'd personally advise with just building towards a list. That's what I and most others have done, and it generally works out just fine!
>The appealing thing to me is that the set has an opposing force, so I can give another German player an opponent at the local flgs.
Most players will allow a German list to fight another German one, unless it's at certain tournaments and whatnot.
>I'm leaning mostly towards late war German infantry lists
If you're going for hella options, I'd advise the Berlin Kampfgruppe. It negates the "Reich Divided" rule that treats separate Wehrmacht branches as allied armies, and you get tons of different weaponry to choose from.
>>
File: Fallschirmtruppe on a Tiger I.jpg (270 KB, 1200x828) Image search: [Google]
Fallschirmtruppe on a Tiger I.jpg
270 KB, 1200x828
>>
>>46132949
Desperate Measures kampfgruppes do the same, if you wanted a primarily tank list.
>>
File: Photo 16.08.15 12 07 03.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Photo 16.08.15 12 07 03.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46134973
AOP Bump
>>
>>46110761
So, I finally watched the Beasts of War Weekender about TANKS.

It seems like a simple, fast-playing, and fun game.

It has a lot of elements shamelessly stolen from X-Wing, but it also does quite a few things of its own, and even some stuff clearly inspired by Flames of War.

>Coming up next, an interview with Alessio Cavatore!

Oh, cool! I wonder what he's been up to...

>Its a fucking My Little Pony role playing game.

God damn it...
>>
>>46136445
>My Little Pony
I wouldnt be surprised
>>
>>46136445
>My Little Pony game

Really? Might prove popular in some parts round here...
>>
>>46136445
>Spoilers
Now you have my attention.
>>
>>46132949

Thank you very much for the advise, and on the tip as well!
>>
>>46136988
>Really? Might prove popular in some parts round here...

I personally don't understand the appeal.

And I'm saying that as someone who loved the other HUB shows.

How do Dan VS, and GI Joe Renegades get the axe, but MLP skyrockets to success on the backs of 20-30 year old men?

At least Transformers Prime had a satisfying ending.

But anyway... Let's try to stay on topic.

I'm about 80% done with assembling a unit of 6 Zvezda M109 Paladins for Team Yankee. The kit is good, and there is at leas some detail compared to the Zvezda M1s, but I'm still thinking to try to add some stowage to make them more visually interesting.
>>
What ever happened to the guy that was supposed to take pictures of Gung-Ho and Banzai for us yesterday?
>>
>>46138210
Give him time. People get busy.
>>
>>46138210
I too am waiting for anon.
>>
File: DSCN5828.jpg (472 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5828.jpg
472 KB, 900x675
>>46138210
>>46139655

read the thread, cunts.

dump commencing
>>
File: DSCN5829.jpg (865 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5829.jpg
865 KB, 900x1200
>>46140345
>>
>>46140345

Huh, been out of this for a while.

We finally getting Pacific Theatre stuff? Will be nice to have some Late-War Australians finally.
>>
>>46140345
my body is ready.
>>
File: DSCN5830.jpg (928 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5830.jpg
928 KB, 900x1200
>>46140394
yes.
and, veteran soviets
>>
File: DSCN5831.jpg (849 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5831.jpg
849 KB, 900x1200
>>46140401
please, partake
>>
File: DSCN5832.jpg (838 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5832.jpg
838 KB, 900x1200
>>46140425

my go-to: the tin can legion.
>>
File: DSCN5833.jpg (917 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5833.jpg
917 KB, 900x1200
>>46140452
the sparse HQ units
>>
File: DSCN5834.jpg (827 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5834.jpg
827 KB, 900x1200
>>46140471
and the hordes
>>
File: DSCN5835.jpg (469 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5835.jpg
469 KB, 900x675
>>46140496
j-stugs
>>
File: DSCN5836.jpg (880 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5836.jpg
880 KB, 900x1200
>>46140524
like spider holes?
>>
File: DSCN5837.jpg (816 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5837.jpg
816 KB, 900x1200
>>46140545

swimmers
>>
File: DSCN5838.jpg (794 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5838.jpg
794 KB, 900x1200
>>46140574

no, no, no....these are J-stugs
>>
File: DSCN5839.jpg (841 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5839.jpg
841 KB, 900x1200
>>46140600

centipede
>>
File: DSCN5840.jpg (825 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5840.jpg
825 KB, 900x1200
>>46140622

japanese 88's...so underwhelming.
AT-10

Please, buy 2....
>>
File: DSCN5841.jpg (752 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5841.jpg
752 KB, 900x1200
>>46140636

zeroes come in limited ?, at 115
>>
File: DSCN5842.jpg (725 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5842.jpg
725 KB, 900x1200
>>46140656

have some stats. we like stats
>>
File: DSCN5843.jpg (704 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5843.jpg
704 KB, 900x1200
>>46140691
moar
>>
File: DSCN5844.jpg (752 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5844.jpg
752 KB, 900x1200
>>46140711
(You)

(You)
>>
File: DSCN5845.jpg (787 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5845.jpg
787 KB, 900x1200
>>46140741

and now, for some muhreens
>>
File: DSCN5846.jpg (801 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5846.jpg
801 KB, 900x1200
>>46140820
go! Go! GO!
>>
File: DSCN5847.jpg (832 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5847.jpg
832 KB, 900x1200
>>46140776

>>
File: DSCN5848.jpg (787 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5848.jpg
787 KB, 900x1200
>>46140849

...love me a salty whore
>>
>>46140425

Cool. Have the Australians been seen yet or is that 'They'll turn up some time'?

I will laugh my ass off if we get rules for the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels.
>>
File: DSCN5849.jpg (800 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5849.jpg
800 KB, 900x1200
>>46140904

(thought i'd say Marine Corps?)
>>
File: DSCN5850.jpg (829 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5850.jpg
829 KB, 900x1200
>>46140879
>>46140917

no Aussies yet,

but EW aussies are compat'

also, note the chart layout carefully
>>
>>46140949

>but EW aussies are compat'

Well, as much as EW/LW are able to work together.
>>
File: DSCN5851.jpg (761 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5851.jpg
761 KB, 900x1200
>>46140925

my battery dies while taking pics, so i have no arsenal, BTW....
>>
File: DSCN5852.jpg (828 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5852.jpg
828 KB, 900x1200
>>46140966
PW is semi= to EW....
>>
>>46140949

>no Aussies yet,

Ah, that's a bloody shame. I was hoping to finally get some Late War Australians to play with.

With the Japanese and Americans both sitting at Fearless Veteran and the Australians leaning that direction...this is a very mono-training warzone.
>>
File: DSCN5853.jpg (802 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5853.jpg
802 KB, 900x1200
>>46141008
>>
File: DSCN5854.jpg (844 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5854.jpg
844 KB, 900x1200
>>46141040

i know, we really need PW aussies.
>>
>>46140975
Do you remember the stats for BAR teams and canister armed tanks?
>>
>>46141072

Sorry for rambling. Haven't played in forever so Pacific War turning up at all has be shocked after people talking for ages about how we'd never get it.
>>
>>46140711
>One of the best tanks they have is the captured Stuart

Damn japan. Get your shit together.
>>
File: DSCN5855.jpg (795 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5855.jpg
795 KB, 900x1200
>>46141054

..and the last. like i said, camera is recharging...
>>
>>46141091
no.

>>46141101
we were kinda shocked when Rising Sun Came out for EW Khalkin Gol

>>46141111

....they don't. not ever.
and yes, i will field stuarts....
>>
>>46141130
Wow! Omg thank you so much dude! I really appreciate you doing this

Now I can play Japanese in late war
>>
Am I reading right that the Japanese don't have late-war costs? Is it only the marines who're statted up for late war?
>>
>>46141572
Check the pics again: there's L and Pw options at the tops of the points columns there as well.
>>
>>46136445
>It has a lot of elements shamelessly stolen from X-Wing

More like half the system

>Initiative that works exactly the same
>Attack dice rolling against defense with modifiers for range and obstacles that add more defense
>crew and equipment card upgrades that can slot into tanks
>6 pieces of terrain on a 3x3 board, with at least a template's distance apart
>Many of the stats are identical

Basically, they took all the good parts of X-Wing that make that system fun, and after the initial shock of how blatantly they copied it, I kind of like the look of it. It's a great way for Flames players to just say "hey we only have like an hour for a game, want to just play tanks?". Plus, buying tanks for it are perfectly useable for regular flames as well.

The one thing that I think will hurt it is the fact that the tanks aren't preassembled and painted. Part of why X-Wing is insanely popular is that it crosses over to other types of people besides just tabletop gamers, and I'm worried TANKS won't be able to do the same.
>>
>>46141608
Ah, so there are.

>30 point tanks
I'm not even sure that's not an overcost given it's buying you armour 1 on all faces and an AT 5 gun.
>>
>>46141610
>More like half the system.

I did say it was A LOT of elements.

>Basically, they took all the good parts of X-Wing that make that system fun, and after the initial shock of how blatantly they copied it, I kind of like the look of it.

Same here. It looks like a great game. But I knew from the start it would be a blatant ripoff of X-wing.

>The one thing that I think will hurt it is the fact that the tanks aren't preassembled and painted.

Well, the plastic is color-coded, much like the Green Army Men, and that has a certain childhood nostalgic charm to it.
>>
>>46141975
Seems to me most the Japanese tanks will be useless in late war besides for expensive smoke.
>>
>>46141975
Japatanks are super assault machines though, seriously, they're as good as any other TA1 tank in the game, or better, if they can (somehow) get through the bazookas.
>>
File: 12345676580.jpg (3 MB, 2080x2992) Image search: [Google]
12345676580.jpg
3 MB, 2080x2992
>>46140636
>centipede
FUCK YEAH
>>
>>46142301
Well, implying they have the same rules in Banzai as they do in Rising Sun, the Japanese tanks should be a real hassle to deal with. Especially if the player takes numbers over the size.

Thats my opinion
>>
>>46141610
I remember making that almost same statement back on Panzerfunk, you buy a X-Wing model and once you've gotten through the Cunting Clamshell packaging, you can just slap it down on the table ready to play.
>>
>>46142737
Oh man, is that a GUP spinoff?
>>
>>46143055
Jup spinoff manga.

And the best GUP manga generally. Really worth it. But only 10 ch. are translated
>>
Just a question about how tournaments work. Do you create an army before you go or do things change as you continue through? What if you come across someone with a always defending or attacking force while you have one? How long do matches last generally? Also, how up tight are people with the rules?
>>
>>46144194
>Do you create an army before you go or do things change as you continue through?
Create a List before you go out, no there's no sideboard or changing between rounds.
>What if you come across someone with a always defending or attacking force while you have one?
This is covered in the rules, you dice off if you have the same type of Always Defend or Always Attack or default to the regular system. So Always Attacks Infantry defend against Always Attack Tanks. Only real exception is Fortified Companies against Fortified Companies, those play the special Over The Wire mission instead.
>How long do matches last generally?
Generally speaking about Forty Five Minutes to an Hour, depends on the companies involved. Most of the Tournaments I've ever been to enforced a time length around an hour.
>Also, how up tight are people with the rules?
Generally more so than normal because now there's prizes and cash and reputations on the line. It pays to know your rulebook back and forth. When in doubt scream "TEEOH" or "JUDGE" and ask them, they've got the final judgement.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-16 20.39.42.png (75 KB, 230x210) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-16 20.39.42.png
75 KB, 230x210
>>46140425
>Soviet Vets
>>
Has anyone had a cop at writing up alternate history army lists?
>>
>>46144864
There's Late War Leviathans that was community sourced and designed, that's in the Scan Database. Battlefront themselves did make one of their vague "Yeah maybe if we can be fucked to get up from our Cocaine Buckets" style statements regarding an Operation Sealion briefing.
>>
>>46144913
Yeah; I'm more wondering if anyone had any experience of working out costs, motivation/training, special rules, and stuff like that. Thanks, though!
>>
>>46144864
Technically Team Yankee is alternate history.

>>46144913
And as Virus mentioned, our Late War Leviathans fan project cane up with stats for things like the Maus and the IS-3, as well as stuff like the Hungarian Tas, which was an attempt to duplicate the Panther.
>>
>>46140425
great posts. Saw it in advance at the store but didn't have the cam skills.

Did you miss the HMG platoon page?
>>
>>46145543
Hmm, well...

1. Is there an obvious set of criteria for motivation/skill?

2. Is there a "formula" for how much a given platoon type is worth?
>>
>>46146615
Some people, particularly our Australian Photoscanfag worked it out.

Generally when I'm doing something I look for a equivalent platoon cost and then go from there. Things we do know is that National Special rules are free.
>>
>>46146700
>National Special rules are free.
Except when they're not.
>>
>>46146859
Well allegedly it was the case for V2 Hen and Chicks, but then Battlefront slashed point costs for T-34s across the board.
>>
File: TANKS03-Spergshing.png (214 KB, 756x296) Image search: [Google]
TANKS03-Spergshing.png
214 KB, 756x296
>>46145734
i didn't do a scan, i just took a bunch of the more interesting pages.

also, did anyone who looked at tanks see this barbarian? it's literally the biggest tank in the game by far....
>>
>>46148442
>Super Pershing
>Model is a regular Pershing
Why
>>
>>46146700
If I remember that period right Steelwhip did the original values, then photoscanfag updated and balanced/playtested them once he jumped in.

though I could be misremembering.
>>
Anyone ever see rules for the Ratte as an actual model in game? I see one for sale at Forged In Battle and it looks pretty cool desu.
>>
>>46150210
The closest we have is treating it like an off-board naval bombardment.

The Ratte is far too large to be feasible as an in-game unit.
>>
>>46148905
>BF is typo city. ever see their website dates?

>>46150210
we treat it as it's own artie battery.
too bad we can't put it on the table...

from what i remember, the point values for adjusting ratings used to be widely known, was based on 1/3rds, and then they changed fearless from confident to .25% instead...

something like that.
>>
>>46150882
You think it would be more than 3000 points?
>>
>>46150930
I honestly don't know. Probably not.

But we're talking about a literal Land Battleship here. With naval guns as its main armament, and armor as thick as an actual battleship.

Not to mention the physical size of the damn thing.

I couldn't imagine tying to stat the damn thing and come up with points for it.

And the minimum range of the main guns would probably be longer than the typical 6x4 table size.
>>
File: 1417730198424.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1417730198424.gif
768 KB, 500x340
>>46141008
>2 M4A3's are 1250 points
>>
File: Comet _Tank.jpg (35 KB, 550x559) Image search: [Google]
Comet _Tank.jpg
35 KB, 550x559
bmp we go
>>
>>46152882
Well, they're rated FV, and Pw points are the same as Ew, and a 7-4-1 is basically a king tiger in EW, so it's not that far off.
>>
File: spurdo.png (50 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
50 KB, 400x292
>>46152882
Finally I can play Germans while having Shermans on my list
>>
>>46155744
>Sherman...s

Only going to cost more then half your army... a suicide team can make quick work of it.
>>
File: image_51.jpg (128 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
image_51.jpg
128 KB, 780x520
Bmp with feels
>>
>>46157168
;_____;7
>>
File: 1450454328694.jpg (69 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
1450454328694.jpg
69 KB, 610x458
>>46158187
>>
File: 1451724451718.jpg (310 KB, 1176x1599) Image search: [Google]
1451724451718.jpg
310 KB, 1176x1599
>>46158410
>>
>>46148442
Gung Ho is a really powerful rule, basically every american tank has 1 defence die more by default unless it stays still wich it shouldn't. Why Americans always get really good rules?
>>
File: 1451752305086.jpg (191 KB, 989x742) Image search: [Google]
1451752305086.jpg
191 KB, 989x742
>>46158677
>>
>>46159058
The other nations have some pretty good special rules in TANKS as well.

Blitzkreig gives you extra movement in the Command Phase, Semi-indirect fire lets you keep one successful hit before re-rolling the rest of your dice, and the Soviet rule gives you extra dice for shooting at a tank you already shot at this turn.

They all sound like good rules to me.
>>
>>46159058
No, it's TARGET (the one it shoots at) has one less defence die, assuming the yank moves. Which still requires it to move, thus loosing the bonus of standing still. Meanwhile, the russians get an additional attack die, the germans get shoot-and-scoot, and the brits have a much more reliable re-roll.
>>
File: erwin's ew german list armor.jpg (126 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
erwin's ew german list armor.jpg
126 KB, 1200x675
Rate the start to my friend's EW Panzerkompanie
>>
>>46159635

The Dicker Max should probably go in an infantry army.

With an armored company the trick is to get up to 6 platoons even though your mandatory tanks have eaten up a good chunk of your points.
>>
>>46159749
He's going to be playing against another friend with an EW Soviet list with KV tanks, so he thinks the Dicker Max is a necessity.
>>
Flames of war digital is now on android, playing with it now.
>>
>>46161459
Bought the LW alpini list and everything is now stuck on loading.
>>
Soviet tank officers would still wear officer-esque uniforms in tanks, right? It was only conscripted tank commanders who had the boiler suit?
>>
>>46159602
Yes the target doesn't get 1 die for your movement and you're still getting the bonus die to your defence so in the end you're getting a free defence die by moving
>>
>>46161459
The app is really glitchy for me.
>>
>>46161459
Cant link forces of war and the app? Bullshit
>>
>>46161459
DLing it now. Im super jazzed.
>>
>>46161650
No, it's not free, because if you move, you don't get to reroll your attack dice.
>>
File: 1450454328695.jpg (250 KB, 820x505) Image search: [Google]
1450454328695.jpg
250 KB, 820x505
>>
>>46163596
Thank you. That was needed after all the other, depressing ones.
>>
>>46159366
You know, maybe it's the long hours spent playing Warthunder, but I'm pretty sure that's a Japanese Fighter.
>>
>>46163871

Could be, but it also kinda resembles a FW190.
>>
>>46163899
The tail, cockpit, wings and the nose is wrong for a Fw-190, I should know the amount of time I've spent trying to wrestle the Nuclear Engine-ed bastard around.
My best semi-educated guess is that it's a Ki-43 looking at the distinctive ports on the nose and the radial engine.
>>
>>46164104

I'll take your word for it, boss. My thing is AFVs, not aircraft.
>>
File: 123543654654.jpg (46 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
123543654654.jpg
46 KB, 570x570
>>46157168
>>46158410
>>46158677
>>46159366
>>46163596

Fuck you anon ...I didn't came here for all those feels. I have genuine tears in my eyes.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-21 18.00.06.png (377 KB, 901x735) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-21 18.00.06.png
377 KB, 901x735
After playing a game vs some soviet tanks i decided my previous list needed more anti tank so i changed it to this.
any suggestions?
>>
File: tumblr_nqefwtnKNf1qa94xto2_500.gif (214 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqefwtnKNf1qa94xto2_500.gif
214 KB, 500x281
>>46164312
same
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.