[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Recommended Fanfiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19
File: Holo_says_Hi.jpg (219 KB, 897x647) Image search: [Google]
Holo_says_Hi.jpg
219 KB, 897x647
It's been a while since I last saw one of these.
So let's have a /tg/ recommended fanfiction/original fiction thread.
What are people reading?
>>
fanfiction?

What's that?
>>
>>46090799
Harem Knights, Love Can Bloom, All Guardsman Party, Deffwotch, Los Tiburon, Love and Krieg
>>
>>46090799
Oh, and Hector Heresy and Emperor's Text To Speech Device
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Gav_and_Bob
>>
>>46090799
I'm currently reading The Divine Comedy.
>>
>>46090824
Fiction as written by fans of something. A great deal of it is terrible, but there are some gems lurking amongst the muck.

>>46090799
I highly recommend The Last Angel by Proximal Flame.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-last-angel.244209/
Humanity gets rekd by an alien empire called the compact, just as it finishes its first AI dreadnought, which whilst sufficient to destroy a compact capital ship, was not enough to prevent earth burning.
Skip forwards a millenia, humanity has been subsumed into the compact and is no longer relevant on the galactic scene.
And a salvage operation turns into something akin to Event Horizon.
>>
>>46090841
You missed one https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Times_and_Trials_of_Klightus
>>
>>46090901
Finding good fanfiction is like walking though hip deep of liquid bullshit
But when you get to the end
Damnit, you find something pretty damn awesome.
>>
>>46091055
Indeed, things like The Black Company in Middle Earth and Saruman of Many Devices
>>
Are there any fics taking place in Green Ronin's Freeport setting?
>>
The God of Death by Eastern Tyrant, though sadly its ded. Öast update was like five years ago.
>>
>>46091134

*Last
>>
>>46090882
I hope Virgil-senpai will notice me!
>>
>>46091134
That's the fic where a marine ends up in azeroth, and proceeds to confuse the hell out of the elves
>>
Its pretty gud

Only criticism is that the main character is kind of a Gary Stu, but its not like you can expect better from a fanfic focused on an absurdly minor character from the original work
>>
>>46090799
The Hill of Swords was pretty neat. I am reading Shards of Impossibility. It's okay.
>>
>>46091213
Personally, I think debt of a sword is probably his best fic. In Flight was also enjoyable, even of it did drag on.
>>
I think there are threads in Sapcebattes and SiffcientVelocity.

Also, QuestionableQuesting for lewd(need to log in) and other stuff.

As for fanfiction
>>46091213
>Hill of Swords was pretty neat.
Read that one. one of the few that are actually complete

I like "The Laughing Master" too, it's basically 'John Constantine in the Grail War: Goes as well as you'd think'.
>>
>>46091366
Are there more forums like those around?
>>
>>46091134
I like that one, but it feels like each time his character develops, he falls right back into meme-level xenophobia. Also:

>knows no fear
>terrified at a single eldar
>>
>>46091366
There's also a hellblazer/sailor moon crossover, that also goes about as well as can be expected.
http://www.thekeep.org/~rpm/vertigo/sailor-hellblazer/
>>
>>46090799
Kono Suba if you want a fanfic

"I shall seal the heavens" for original works.
>>
>fanfiction
ayy lmao

>people posting links to cesspits of cancer like spacebattles
AYY LMAO
>>
>>46091486
>on 4chan
>calling other sites cancer

I have some bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>46091540
>on 4chan
>doesn't understand how bad SB is
>>
This is the only fanfic you'll ever need. It has everything, smut, action, comedy.

myimmortalrehost[spamfilters scuk]webs[spamfilters suck]com/chapters122.htm
>>
I generally despise 40K Crossovers but The Mission Stays the Same is pretty good.
>>
>>46091690
Pity it hasn't updated in forever. The author is Ukrainian, and went silent about the time that the crimea kicked off.
>>
>>46090799
I can't tell if Holo is for lewds or pure. Either way, still way 3cute5me.
>>
File: Arab Bro.jpg (50 KB, 1386x386) Image search: [Google]
Arab Bro.jpg
50 KB, 1386x386
>>46091867
Shit. Instantly thought of pic related.
>>
>>46091213
>>46091265
>Hill of Swords
>In Flight
>neat
Yeah, if you don't mind copious amount of anime bullshit and WORDS WORDS WORDS.
>>
>>46091406
Same. And watching every female character losing their personalities and becoming set pieces for wacky harem antics got cringeworthy.

The battle scenes are wonderfully over the top, though.
>>
>>46092707
Well, yes, you should probably expect copious amounts of anime bullshit from fanfics where the premise is "what happens when we mash these two anime series together?"

Those two fics in particular seem to attract a lot of hate from people heavily invested in Nasuverse stuff, though.
>>
>>46093298
Tends to be the case with most nasuverse fics.

Here's another recommendation for the pile, CATALYST.EXE
>>
>>46093298
> Those two fics in particular seem to attract a lot of hate from people heavily invested in Nasuverse stuff, though.
Long story short: they dumb down and OOC the Nasuverse characters so hard it's not even funny.
>>
>>46090882
Literally the first self-insert fanfic
>>
File: 1380659949264.jpg (64 KB, 252x238) Image search: [Google]
1380659949264.jpg
64 KB, 252x238
>>46090799
>fanfiction
>recommend

There is no better way to scream to the world that you are a talentless hack than to waste time writing fanfiction.
>>
what's /tg/'s opinion on worm fanfiction?
>>
>>46090882
Nice, What is your favorite punishment?
I've always liked Flattery and Sowers of Discord In circle 7. Limbo was pretty cool.
>>
If you like Black Lagoon, Broken Birds Fly to Roanapur is pretty good
>>
The Many sons of winter

And, the giant awoke

both game of thrones/ song of fire and ice

the first the north is basically a power house and not a depopulated shit hole because of highland cattle, that ended up making it not only rich, but prosperous
also the boltons are tanners for some reason
and all the new northern lordlings shit on Theon, since there are already many branching houses of the starks, so he's treated with much more respect.
there's also plenty of other things I find amusing with it, good fic, not sure if its still alive

The second
Tyrion lanister straight up kills the mountain by fighting him alone
involving a taffy covered shield
I like it because of that plan which is PC as fuck
then he gets the fuck out of kings landing
and proceeds to become a bit marty sueish after a few chapters of becoming richer and richer from various schemes is essos

and then he discovers how to cure greyscale, starts selling it with the pyromancer guys
goes back to westeros and starts warring

OH
and another good one

Sean bean saves westeros

Book 1: Sean Bean lends a helping hand

Book 2: Sean Bean wins by a nose

Basically sean is sent to westeros after ned dies in the books.And it's pretty funny to me at least

Also thinking about reading some Jurassic park fanfictions
but those are to embarrassing to talk about
>>
>>46096475
Is worm actually worth reading?
>>
>>46096475
I prefer writing on paper, but you do you.
>>
>>46097050
I enjoyed it. It's basically superheros: the real world.
And everything is going to shit.
Real memorable characters, too.
Addresses the sorta "when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail" thing about superhumans.
>>
>>46096475
Okay if they aren't just Taylor getting a different fucking power.
>>
>>46096845
Also by the same author, mass of faith. A mass effect/40k fic.
If you enjoy the thought of a sister tearing up omega, then this is the thought for you.
>>
>>46096475

Yet to read one that I liked, and there's not exactly a huge pool to draw from, but I'm not opposed to the actual concept.
>>
>>46091562

>Lively Debates
>Moderation
>Good Grammer
>Good Stories
>Good Quests

>Cancer
>>
>>46097921
I haven't read that one yet but it's on my list, how would you rate it?
>>
X-com Unknown Menace
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/245417/1/XCOM-The-Unknown-Menace
An EPIC fan fic of Classic X-com. Covers the first alien war (1999-2003). Contains 36 chapters of brutal combat, political intrigue and conspiracy.

The Haunting of CRV Starghast
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8589558/1/The-Haunting-of-CRV-Starghast
A Star-Fox fan fiction and a horror story to boot.. Take Star fox and mix it with Lovecraft and The Thing and you get this awesome piece of work.

Command & Conquer X Mass Effect

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5851454/1/Renegade
An attack on a GDI held colony threatens a war between Earth and The Citadel.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6965762/1/Eagle-s-Fall
First Contact War between GDI and the Turians.
>>
>>46096475

I've got a few bookmarked, but I find they tend towards taylor-with-different-power than decent, standalone stories.

I'm enjoying 'With friends like these' so far, and Goblin Queen is wonky but fun.

Otherwise, the only fanfic I know offhand that I can mention here would be Glorious Shotgun Princess.
>>
File: wakame pride worldwide.jpg (108 KB, 496x700) Image search: [Google]
wakame pride worldwide.jpg
108 KB, 496x700
Best fanfiction I came across in a while is actually a Harry Potter x Type-Moon crossover, of all the fucking things.

Written really well. Actually manages to capture the tone of both at once. Since it's ran on the main western Type-Moon forum, it doesn't trigger your lore jimmies, and the guy really knows what he's doing naturally meshing the settings together, too.

The main premise is that Matou Shinji, as a little kid before he went too bad, had gotten a letter from Hogwarts a school of Formalcraft. Since he can actually do Formalcraft as opposed to Magecraft, he decides to go for it. At this point the plots of both the source works are derailed hilariously off course, while still feeling like plausible developments. Can definitely recommend this one to anyone.

Book 1: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5530-Shinji-Matou-and-the-Philosopher-s-Stone-%28HP-FSN-CYOA%29
Book 2: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5645-Shinji-Matou-and-the-Heirs-of-Slytherin-%28HP-FSN-CYOA%29
Book 3: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6013-Matou-Shinji-and-the-Master-of-Death-%28HP-FSN-CYOA%29
Book 4 (in progress): http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6311-Matou-Shinji-and-the-Broken-Chains-%28HP-FSN-CYOA%29
>>
>>46090799
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7731108/1/The-Human-Mask
Currently reading linkrelated, and it's probably the best fanfiction I've read.
It's not OOC, it's short and to the point, and it retains the atmosphere of the original.
It's not very /tg/, though, and you have to be familiar with the original source.
>>
Really good Warhammer 40k fic, short though.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9300480/1/Madhouse
>>
Another pretty good fic, crossover between Babylon 5 and Warhammer 40k
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6285772/1/The_Circle_Must_be_Broken
>>
Please Don't Feed the Warboss
http://incunabulum.co.uk/Warboss.htm
>>
>>46096380

Uh, yeah?

I mean, sucking at something is the first step to being sorta kinda good at something.

You gotta kill the rats in the basement before you can move on to low-level thieves.
>>
>>46098702
Seconding this, it's really quite good.
>>
>>46098702
Thirding this, it's actually really well written.

Another WH40K rec
Problem with spam filter, just google (free webs rmarsden the king)
Space Marine crashlands on a feudal world and has to try to defend it from the forces of Chaos.
>>
>>46090799
>reading genre fiction

>listening to genre albums
>>
>>46098010
>This is what SpaceBattles thinks themselves as

I mean, it could be worse. You could be from SV, and enjoy pretending to be a lawyer.
>>
>>46101810
>posting in genre threads on a genre board
>>
File: 9000 hours in ms paint.png.jpg (51 KB, 807x537) Image search: [Google]
9000 hours in ms paint.png.jpg
51 KB, 807x537
>>46098010
>>
>>46098010
>Moderation as a good point
>>
>>46091265
I enjoyed HoS, IF and DoaS, but in my opinion his best work is Those Who Love Monsters. It's to the point, thematically cohesive, and ties up all of its loose ends in a way that most of his stuff just doesn't.

>>46090799
Fandom: Nasuverse
- Chaos Theory, by Moczo
- No Second Acts, Inspect the Brickwork Carefully, The Least Degree of Mastery, Each Opportunity, A Slight Thing, Hestia's Grim Work, On the Independent Development of Magic Circuits and Its Implications, By the Winners, and Finding Aid, by Megkips
- A Study in Velvet, and Vestigial Mercies, by Zalgo Jenkins (updates fucking never)
- What I See, by Arashi Leonhart
- I Put On My Robe and Wizard Hat, by Ol'Velsper

Fandom: Ah! My Goddess!
- Blessings: Broken Bow, by Davner

Fandom: Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Aeon Natum Engel, and Aeon Entelechy Evangelion, by EarthScorpion

Fandom: Naruto
- Time Braid, by ShaperV
- Written in Reverse, by JMenace
- Uzumaki, by AlmostElectric
- People Lie, by Nugar (updates fucking never)
- A Lewd New World, by EvilFuzzy9 (literally pure smut)

Fandom: Bleach
- Hogyoku ex Machina, by Mac Ceallach

Fandom: Norse Mythology
- Queen of Shadow and Starlight, by Fialleril

Fandom: Frankenstein
- Curse the Darkness, by Ajestice

Fandom: TTGL
- Sound of Pulling Heaven Down, by CSakuraS

Fandom: Familiar of Zero
- Enslaved, by Shadenight123

Fandom: Bloodborne
- Paleblood, by OedonWrithe

Fandom: Code Geass
- A Cold Calculus, by Z98

Fandom: Superman
- The Metropolitan Man, by alexanderwales

Fandom: Frozen
- A Bluer Shade of White, by alexanderwales

Fandom: Terminator
- Branches on the Tree of Time, by alexanderwales

Self-indulgent smut in various fandoms including but not limited to Marvel and DC: seriousish
>>
>>46103261
>Time Braid
>I Put On My Robe and Wizard Hat
>Hogyoku ex Machina
>Enslaved

Muh nigguh

Foz
> The Steep Road Ahead - Shadeknigth 123
AU in which Loise ends up in Germania for some reason

Bleach
>Not Quite as planned-Cerokun
AU in which Ichigo recovers his shinigami powers a second too late and ends up an Arrancar.

Naruto
Pretty much anything by this Kenchi618 guy
So far reading
>Shinobi of the High Seas
Turns out The elemental Nations are in the edge of OP world. OP Naruto, tangential interaction with canon. Serious Butterfly effect latter on. About 3 chapters with smut
>The newest Challenger
Naruto ends up in Street fighter/Capcom universe. Pre-Shippuden,

>The way of the apartment manager-Elizabeth Culmer
AU, random semi retired genin is assigned as Pre-series Naruto's Landlord
>Lighting up the dark-Velorien
AU Tailed beasts are about intelligence and chakra control instead of raw power. Genius Naruto.

>I Am NOT Going Through Puberty Again!
Peggy sue crack.

EVANGELION
>Nobody dies
Extreme AU, no one died until the start of the series, sane shinji, wtf Rei, Is-this-better-or-worse?-Asuka, borders on crack ( Around Rei )

Rosario+Vampire
>He who fights monsters.-Hawker 748
Deconstruction. It's good.
>>
>>46096597
I was always fond of the flame-wreathed iron tombs of the heretics in the sixth circle.
>>
>>46090799
Harry Potter and the Natural 20 is a Harry Potter x DnD cross-over that's pretty good. The latter half starts getting bogged down in a muggle side plot and the author disappears shortly into the third year.
>>
>>46093298
Hill of Swords mangles Shirou's character beyond recognition, which can't exactly endear it to Nasu-fans.
>>
>>46104303
But has an ending, which endears FoZ-fans

How about... God Slaying Blade Works? Campione & Fate/ crossover, bretty gud imo
>>
>>46100547
Yeah, and at that stage you find out whether you are an adventurer or a level 0 villager, just like in that one cap.
>>
>>46090799
Dungeon keeper ami
>>
For Harry Potter, I really like Prince of the Dark Kingdom. It does a lot of new things with the characters and setting, but other than Voldemort they're all still very believably the same people. Author really needed an editor, though, the grammar could be awful.

I've always respected Fairy Dance of Death, SAO fanfic that takes the worst arc of a story that's mediocre at best, and does better than the original author ever could.

>>46104228
Personally, I thought the muggle police sideplot was the best part of it. It really should have been its own story, though. I think he wrote himself into a corner with the main plot, trying to be clever with plot twists and diverging so much.
>>
>>46097050
yes
>>
Here's a few in no particular order.

>Touhou Ibunshu
Touhou. Old. The site it's hosted on is dead. It's what the Touhou games would be like if the characters didn't all have crazy magic bullet powers.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150205092334/http://www.usuallydead.com/

>A Green Sun Illuminates the Void - EarthScorpion
Exalted/Familiar of Zero crossover. Louise summons a neomah and becomes an Infernal. Completed.

>Emperor of Zero - Nietzchian
Louise summons Napoleon Bonaparte, who immediately begins plotting to take over the world. The guy is scary. Unfinished, abandoned.

>Fate Revelation Online - daniel-gudman
Kind of lengthy SAO/Nasu crossover. SAO turns out to have a nasu-style magic system built in. Unfinished, going slowly.

>To The Stars - Hieronym
Hundreds of years after the events of Madoka Magica, humanity reaches the stars, and they find nothing good. Unfinished, being actively worked on.

>Lelouch of Britannia - Cal reflector
Code Geass. Lelouch doesn't get exiled after his mother's death. Unfinished, abandoned.
>>
>>46096475
Sturgeon's law applies. There are a couple of okay ones, like A Song of Fire and Fire and Weaver Nine. A Cloudy Path was decent, but kind of got away from its author, I think.

Plus there's that quest thing that Wildbow ran, PRT Department Sixtty-Four.
>>
>>46096380
Original fiction is just fanfiction about reality. You're not creating something entirely new, you're arranging a series of symbols you've culled from human experience into a new form.

And since fiction has been part of human experience for millennia, all fiction is fanfiction. Check and mate.
>>
File: 135468323457.png (167 KB, 393x349) Image search: [Google]
135468323457.png
167 KB, 393x349
>>46092707
>Yeah, if you don't mind copious amount of anime bullshit and WORDS WORDS WORDS.
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>46109591
Anon, you don't understand.
Gabriel Blessing is literally everything wrong with fanfiction.

Where one can use a sentence, he writes a fucking novel. He mangles characterization beyond recognition, and protracts the story too much, relying on harem antics and lengthy introspections as his main go-to plot devices.

Don't get me wrong, he is still better than the majority of "fanfiction writers", and once I too thought his fanfiction was good. Never again, though.

Show, don't tell. I'd rather read something short but well-executed, even if it will leave me wanting for more, rather than wasting my time on reading about superficial things. Brewity is the soul of wit, after all, and many people forget it.
>>
File: 126546308.png (81 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
126546308.png
81 KB, 500x243
>>46109685
While I do agree with you...

People like OoTS, that should be enough to tell you where you are.
>>
>>46109860
OoTs ain't perfect, and Rich Berlew loves to vomit words looking at you trial scene, but he's at least gotten better about it, and managed to pull off appropriately dramatic moments before then.
>>
>>46095374
>they dumb down and OOC the Nasuverse characters so hard it's not even funny.
Which isn't a bad thing as no matter what you do it will be an improvement over the source material.
>>
>>46110015
You obviously haven't read Hill of Swords then.
>>
>>46106547
I definitely agree about the Muggle police being the best bit.

Have some more suggestions,
A demon lord's hero by Fahad09 Highschool DxD/Nasuverse

Just an Unorthodox Thief by The Infamous Man Lupin III/Nasuverse

A Demon Among Devils by The Crimson Lord Highschool DxD/Persona

Wings of Frontier by Cavalyn Macross Frontier/Nasuverse
>>
Anyone got something Vampire: the Masquerade? You know something that isnt carrying on about motherfuckin bloodlines
>>
>>46090799
The Proposal and Overheat. Overheat is fairly cringy but interesting while The Proposal is genuinely fantastic.
>>
>>46110913
A couple of oneshot crossovers.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9193070/1/Beyond-the-Veil
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11774647/1/In-the-Dark
>>
I've actually come to deeply appreciate the whole 'brevity' thing. And the description of shorter being better and leaving you wanting for more.

Mind you, if a person is going to write a lot, I don't really want or care to read anything that seems to linger on a single subject rather than use concise, easy to understand language to get a point across. It's the number of incidents and the depth of that characterization getting across to you with well executed language that matters.

It's annoying and daunting to think about how early writing, when you're just getting used to grammar and applying language, you start to think that more words = better, but like, I don't know.

One person I knew laid it out best for me back in 2009. "Given what I've been reading, you want a dictionary, where you've been using a thesaurus."

People don't seem to understand this and it really drags a work down.
>>
>>46110913
I once read a story where Kain and Raziel from Legacy of Kain ended up in VTM and caused a huge ruckus, partly because of a lot of people thinking he was Khaine and Gehenna had just sort of snuck up on them.

Sadly, I can't remember what it was called...
>>
>>46091690
I fucking love that one
>>
Shinji and Warhammer 40K.
Yeah, that Shinji.
>>
>Mfw when I spend more time reading Naruto/Evangelion/Nasuverse/Zero no Tsukaima fanfics than reading the actual series
>Mfw no face
>>
>Cast in Gold
Evangelion/Exalted crossover where instead of EVA 1 going apeshit on the first Angel, Shinji recieves a Solar Exaltation.

It's completely insane, but I enjoy the way it kind of kicks a screwed setting sort-of back into alignment
>>
>>46111274
Oh, forgot the link for it

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7057744/1/Cast-in-Gold
>>
If you are into Star Wars i can recommend /swg/'s own X-Wing Writefag's stuff

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5453675/Agamar-Rules-The-Galaxy
>>
File: 1411365500566.jpg (117 KB, 604x524) Image search: [Google]
1411365500566.jpg
117 KB, 604x524
>>46103261
>The Metropolitan Man
My negroid compatriot. This gets my vote too.
>>
>>46090799
>Shinji and Warhammer 40k
This fic is not on crack, crack is on this fic. What starts out with milquetoast butt monkey Shinji Ikari finding a hardcase full of 40k miniatures and rulebooks has a profound effect on his personality, character, and relationship with his guardians. Thanks to his hobby, he grows to be 20 times more badass, an efficiently intellectual power player, who knows no fear, charges headlong into combat without hesitation, exhibits nearly prescient planning abilities, and earns the reverence and adoration of his people for his heroism.

And then in the second chapter he actually arrives in Tokyo-3 and meets his Evangelion.

Yeah, it's crazy, and awesome, and destruction follows in Shinji's wake, as we get to simultaneously watch the end of Evangelion and the rise of the God Emperor of Mankind unfold. Read it, even if just for the prologue, it's amazing g.

>Harry Potter and the Natural 20.
The harry potter fanfic with a D&D 3.5 minmaxed 11 year old wizard in it who does everything Rules As Written But Not As Intended. (He is 11 years old, despite minimum wizarding age being 16, and *how* he achieved this and *why* are seriously important to his character's history.). Watch as a 3aboo's "perfect wizard" is both *impossibly stronger* and *far weaker* than any first year wizard should be. See a 3.5 hyper optimized wizard lament his misfortune as he has to take "Keldor's Fire Bolt" because being able to "end an encounter" doesn't work so well when there's nobody there to chip down the HP. Curse him as he blows "sense motive" check after "sense motive" check while standing within arm's reach of the BBEG and *telling* him how useful he can be as an ally! Be really fucking amazed as he figures out someone tampered with his memories *through EXP gained analysis!* What are you doing? Go read this! READ IT!
>>
>>46092240
I dont want to go down feel lane today....
>>
Alright, first of all XSGCOM. Why the fuck it hasn't been mentioned?
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Series-1694
XCOM and SGC have been working separately in the same 'verse for some time, but the powers that be finally decide they'll pool their resources.
Shit gets awesome.

>>46096475
As with all, there are good and bad.
Goblin Queen's been mentioned, I'll throw in Alchemical Solutions, Memoirs of a Human Flashlight, and Zenith.

Speaking of Blessing, I'd have to say my favourite of his is Wabi Sabi for some reason.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9046629/1/Wabi-Sabi

>>46103261
>- Chaos Theory, by Moczo
Rather enjoyable, but as I've tried to re-read it I've found myself going through a slogfest for some reason.

>>46104054
>Pretty much anything by this Kenchi618 guy
My favourites of his are The Battle Never Ends (which, incidentally was my first MGS fic and if I remember correctly still the only), True Warriors Never Die, and Better Left Unsaid.
Though he could learn to update faster, like Bhepin or something.

>>I Am NOT Going Through Puberty Again!
An enjoying read, though the future parts were annoying in my opinion.

>>Nobody dies
Started out enjoyable but went a bit too far off the bend for my tastes, and the Reload didn't help.

>>He who fights monsters.-Hawker 748
Yes. Read. That's really all there is to say on the matter.

>>46104566
>God Slaying Blade Works? Campione & Fate/ crossover, bretty gud imo
'tis, and while the chapters tend to be on the fuckhueg side, the flow is nice enough that you're wondering where the fuck did the hour go oh next chapter.

>>46108590
>>A Green Sun Illuminates the Void - EarthScorpion
>Exalted/Familiar of Zero crossover. Louise summons a neomah and becomes an Infernal. Completed.
Next book when please

>>46110842
>A Demon Among Devils by The Crimson Lord Highschool DxD/Persona
Like the God Slaying Blade Works, chapters tend to be on the fuckhueg side, but dear fucking god I love this thing.
>>
>>46111206
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3198837/1/God-Plays-Dice
?

>>46111274
>Cast in Gold
Yes, this pleases me.
>>
>>46105831
Wh is this not getting recognition?
>>
Are there any Exalted/Bleach fics? If there are, any that are readable?
>>
>>46091392
Depends on the fandom you want.
>>
>>46098702
>dumbledore bashing
Fuck off famalam.
>>
>SB, SV, QQ
No, fuck, no.
Just fucking go to Akun.
>>
>>46112258
http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-shadow-of-the-empress/Bj3rBjBqab8NDrGH4
>>
>>46112258
http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-the-suns-chosen/4T2zch4iXXYihWZAM/home
http://anonkun.com/stories/dragonblooded-adventures-an-exalted-quest/TxXJYmFRRAeGEq7r5/home
>>
>>46103261
>- Time Braid, by ShaperV
Tolerably technically written, but introduces a lot of new shit for the purpose of wanking the main character, ie Sakura. Also shits on Sasuke for some reason.
>- Written in Reverse, by JMenace
Wind chakras is better. No Genin Left Behind could've been, but that's as abandoned as his Quest.
>- People Lie, by Nugar (updates fucking never)
Nugar'd need to get off his meds again if you want an update.

>- The Metropolitan Man, by alexanderwales
Shit ending.

>>46106547
PotDK is okay, but it really meanders. Very readable, sure, but it never really gets anywhere.
Also updates literally never.

So fucking glad no one recommended HPMoR yet, though.
>>
>>46112764
>>46112795
B-but those aren't Bleach
>>
>>46090799
Say, anyone remember reading An Entry With a Bang? Battletech/Tom Clancy crossover fic, whatever happened to it?
>>
>>46091213
Hill of Swords is shit. Overlady is where it's at.
>>
>>46098702
>Shinji Matou
Nope. I had a feeling that he was a douchebag the moment I first saw him. I had no idea how right I was.
>>
File: 1448480135_ultra rebel.png (749 KB, 1315x828) Image search: [Google]
1448480135_ultra rebel.png
749 KB, 1315x828
>>46090799

In terms of fanfiction, I was genuinely surprised by how good "The Legend of Elsa" by Rinjin was. A Zelda/Frozen mashup, but played pretty well and uses the tropes to the best.

Another good one is another Frozen one, "Perfect Diamond World" by Solosam. It's Frozen played completely straight with Norse and Lovecraftian mythology. Fizzles out unfortunately, but it's still nicely done for what it is.

In terms of original works, "Under Darkening Skies" by Grey. Fun story, based in a homebrew game and setting. Pretty fun, even if it updates a little infrequently.
>>
>>46103261
>Time Braid, by ShaperV
I remember this being fun when it worked, but some parts (especially when things got lewd) were really offputting.
>>
>>46112814
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for Exalted and/or Bleach fanfics, not Exalted-Bleach crossover fanfics.
>>
>>46113781
's cool bra
>>
>people unironically talking about Bleach crossover fanfiction
This is seriously the lowest I've ever seen this board go.

This is your /tg/ on tumblr.
>>
>>46113781
They do tend to rather complement each other in terms of weeb silliness and over the top bullshit, don't they?

>>46114001
I'd argue that /tg/ on tumblr is being overly judgemental about people's hobbies and interests, but /tg/ has always been like that. Besides, who the fuck cares? Tabletop games are stereotypically envisoned as fat neckbeards who live in their mothers basement, so how bad is adding fanfiction to the mix? Most settings are that anyway for fuck sake.
>>
>>46105831
THE BEST Dungeon keeper fic out there.
>>
>>46091089
Your taste is shit.
>>
>>46109685
Brevity is the soul of the ADHD Generation.
>>
>>46104228
Muggle Sideplot is the best part.

Milo using only minmaxing that is interpretation based grates at me after a while.

"I can use a major creation item to summon something so big it punches through walls!" is the pinnacle of it, but then there's shit like "TOWER SHIELDS GIVE CONCEALMENT FROM ONE SIDE THEREFORE WE ARE INVISIBLE FROM ALL SIDES"

Basically the author has run out of reasonable cheese (like Rainbow Servant) and is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>46113727
Looking back at it, those parts are beautifully written and really understand the psychology well; which makes them all the more horrifying and off-putting.
>>
>>46114001
>Bleach
>A setting where the main character is a blank anime protag so the author has an excuse to write 50+ characters who have decent character depth and great inspirations
>A setting that allows the antagonist to do whatever they want just so they can introduce entire new arcs in differently inspired locales
>A setting that spends downtime from the action on worldbuilding everything from spiritual ghettos to snapshots of the guardians of the realm

>An anime where the only plot is save the princess

Bleach is /tg/ as fuck son.
>>
>>46090901
The Last Angel isn't fanfic. Good shit though, and the sequel's good too.
>>
>>46091366
Ughhhhh. I read that as John Constantine in the GREAT War and had visions of glorious WW1 bullshit.
>>
>>46112848
Some idiots are trying to reboot it right now. Some of the major original authors told them to just let it stay dead, for the love of god, please don't do this. So they're starting from scratch and arguing over which shit near future setting to base it on.
>>
File: 1338615911019.jpg (163 KB, 1016x1200) Image search: [Google]
1338615911019.jpg
163 KB, 1016x1200
>>46105831

YES.
>>
>>46091206
Ah, the original fanfic. Had to read some of that in Latin in High School. I can't remember anything that happened.
>>
>>46114650
>Brevity is the soul of the ADHD Generation.
Anon, I have better things to do than read mediocre fiction, and the word "mediocre" describes the overwhelming majority of the fanfiction, including Blessing in particular.

I can work, I can hang out, I can study, I can play, and I can just plain relax and shitpost on 4chan to my heart's content.

So forgive me, oh great Anon, when I don't want to spend time trying to tear through walls of text that describe mundane and banal things that can be expressed in a single sentence.
>>
>>46090841
>Harem Knights
The fact that no one called you a faggot over this is very troubling
>>
I'm not going to lie. I enjoy a decent chunk of the Infinite Loops series from Spacebattles. It's crack fic for the most part, with lots of crossovers and one-shot AU stuff. There's at least a few "snips" for any universe you can think of though most of them cross over with MLP at least once and it's all community contribution, so no one author "owns" the loops. I've written a couple myself, but they were pretty garbage.
>>
Speaking of guilty pleasures...

With This Ring, a self-insert orange lantern/young justice fic that moves from SB to SV after the author got a 24-hour ban for Star Wars spoilers and didn't want to break his ridiculous streak of daily updates.

Shit's a ridiculous soap opera and I can't stop reading it every single day.

It's honestly better than it seems.
>>
>>46106547
PotDK is odd. The writer is in desperate need of an editor; the number of simple grammar errors is just plain distracting.
The plot and setting are interesting, but all of the chatacters, especially big V, are are wildly out of character. The author has a tendency to make chatacters gay. Make of that what you will.

There's also a weird thing going on with the magic. The author adds in a huge druid/pagan magic system. It's a bit generic fir my tastes. The problem is that the changes made, both to chatacters and the magic, stops it from being Harry Potter at all. A major theme in HP is that the IRL concept of magic and that stuff is a misunderstanding, but this fanfic ruins the whole aesthetic.

I don't dislike it, but having it be a HP fanatic actually starts to hurt it. It would be a better work if it was entirely original.
>>
One of my own guilty pleasures has to be Ryuugi's fics on SB, consisting of:
The Games We Play, a RWBY/The Gamer crossover, played fairly munchkin
Prytaneum, a Percy Jackson/Danmachi crossover.
Fairly notable for their length, general good writing, and an absolutrly ridiculous daily update schedule.
>>
>>46115604
You can't remember that bit with Dido?
>>
File: 1424653678196.jpg (112 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1424653678196.jpg
112 KB, 572x303
>>46113094
>Fun story, based in a homebrew game and setting.
Doesn't that just make it... Original fiction?
>>
>>46091021
Seconded. Hard.
>>
>>46111223
>>46111518

Holy fucking shit yes, sadly a dead fic, but Shinji and 40k is goddamn amazing.
>>
>>46115395
Original fiction was also mentioned in the OP, and thus it seemed appropriate
>>
I'd say give Mother of Learning a shot.

It's groundhog day done pretty well

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/1/Mother-of-Learning
>>
>>46116359
Ironically enough that was the bit we looked at. It was like 5 years ago and I need to remember everything about Borderlands so it's in my mental garbage can.
>>
Thousand Shinji and it's sequel the Open Door are both enjoyable, even if they probably shouldn't be.

The lars sub plot in the sequel is definitely the best part of it though.
>>
>>46091562
>>46098010
>>46102480
>>46102551
I'm going to go with SB on this one. Mostly because the 4chan side of the argument doesn't have an argument.
>>
>>46116352
Fuck yeah 3 completed fics!
Maybe he'll even complete TGWP sequel?
Pfft yeah right
>>
>>46116561
He's working on a Remaster.

>>46116850
>I need to remember everything about Borderlands
Eh?
Kill things get guns, what more is there to it?
>>
>>46118294
Considering how goddamn motivated he is - he kept up his daily updates for YEARS - I can hope so.

>>46118315
And that's been dead since September, hasn't it?
>>
>>46090799
Well, for having a really off the wall idea for a setting, Dungeon Keeper Ami does pretty well. Seriously, who thought Sailor Moon and Dungeon Keeper would get a fanfic?
>>
Love and Krieg is really cute, though there are some cringeworthy stories in it thanks to retards that just want to inject memes into it writing stories, but overall the "main" storyline is great, though a little rushed at times. And boy is it heretical in terms of canon.
Love Can Bloom is fucking precious and I am so sad it never got finished. But fuck, even GW liked it enough to hint at it being POSSIBLY canon.
Emperor's Text To Speech Device is hilarious as all fuck, though a little slow to start. The first episodes are still good, but they get much better.
Times and Trials of Klightus is beautiful and pretty funny at times, though you can tell the author got a little burnt out at times. Also a damn shame there isn't more, but still a good read.
>>
File: mfw no face.jpg (43 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
mfw no face.jpg
43 KB, 300x296
>>46098010
>Good Grammer
Pfft.
>>
>>46118315
Pokemon is throw balls get animals, what more to there is it?

Trust me, bud, there's more to know about borderlands for those who want to learn.
>>
>>46120276
>Pokemon
That reminded me Game of Champions hasn't been recommended yet. Read that shit immediately.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7354757/1/The-Game-of-Champions
>>
File: 1403815014177.jpg (37 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1403815014177.jpg
37 KB, 300x300
>>46116368
>Doesn't that just make it... Original fiction?

...yeah. I even said it's original work. It's based in the Crucible: Darkening Skies setting, which has been lowkey on /tg/ on and off for the last few years.
>>
Is Dwarf Fortress fanfiction even fanfiction?
>>
>>46121392
It's called After-Action Report, just like with Paradox games.
>>
>>46116866
They are both objectively horrible and I hate myself for loving them.

The Open Door is such a clusterfuck. Too many plot threads opening, none closing, ever. No credible opposition is ever presented; we're told that there are factions out there that can kick Chaos' ass, but none of them have appeared yet. All we see is them winning over and over.

God willing, when Nanoha finally returns she's going to blow up their fucking planet for what they did to Vita.

Ha ha ha, like it's ever going to be continued.

Why am I so invested in such horrible writing?
>>
>>46121392
In that case I write Dwarf Fortress after-action reports. I do it for Writing class and my last one was so good the teacher gave me a 110% on it.
>>
>>46121934
It's cathartic, anon.
>>
>>46090799
Cain and Able series is pretty decent. Written from the point of view of a junior commissar under Ciaphus Cain. Follows the general style of the original Cain novels fairly well and handles the characterizations of the OC surprisingly accurately I feel. Doesn't really have the MC interact with them too much either, which is a nice way to prevent Mary Sueism.

You will never be able to read the Saotome Gambit

Waters Under Earth is a long and sprawling Ranma 1/2 fanfic.

Twoflower/Stefan Gagne has a bunch of good stuff from the early 2000s/late 90s, and has some good original works now as well. Unreal Estate was pretty funny. I also recommend going through his older stuff and looking up Ministry of Confusion. Another Ranma 1/2 fanfic series with a dose of Bubblegum Crises.

Magical Troubleshooting Crossover
Fighting Tournament ULTRA! is a round robin fanfic sprawl of Anime WWF style that varies greatly in quality.

He also made some wicked NWN mods.
>>
>>46090799
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8400788/1/Inquisitor-Carrow-and-the-GodEmperorless-Heathens

slightly barmy, with the best new villain to come out of either series

also child soldiers and a modern secretary getting treated like an inquisitorial acolyte
>>
>>46117894

We lose by default again. I mean, did we ever think we could achieve greater? Did we somehow forget the joke, and began to take ourselves seriously somewhere down the line?

It is a question we ask ourselves in perpetuity; "where do you think we are?"
>>
>>46120600
Sorry, apparently I'm illiterate. I missed the original fiction bit at the beginning of that sentence.
>>
File: tumblr_nkk50hq6CU1ra6y03o1_1280.jpg (258 KB, 696x843) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkk50hq6CU1ra6y03o1_1280.jpg
258 KB, 696x843
>>46123014
S'cool, it happens.

Actually, does anyone else know of an decent fiction or fanfiction that came out of /tg/ directly, or /tg/ ventures?

I mean, I remember that Bloodquest had some pretty bitching accompanying fiction and fanfiction. Even some lewd.
>>
File: 1452545110029.jpg (53 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
1452545110029.jpg
53 KB, 945x945
>>46115703
Those are fighting words, dear brother.
Granted, it did lose a bit of its shine after the bathhouse scenes, the writer's block was starting to show.
>>
>>46113054
Correct on all counts.
>>
>>46112724
It doesn't actually bash Dumbledore, I think. Dumbledore is just really unlucky inside the events of the fic. It legit bashes Snape much harder, even though he is an important character. With people like Hagrid and Dumbledore it's more "This good person does dumb shit.", while with Snape it's "This nigga is actually pretty smart so he has no excuse".

If the fic has a problem, it's that the readers got railroaded into a relationship with Luna. That's really undeniable. Yandere Hermione was great though.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.