[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does U always get the shit end of the stick? And why does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Mana_U.png (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Mana_U.png
9 KB, 250x250
Why does U always get the shit end of the stick?
And why does R get all the cool stuff?
>>
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
bad bait
>>
>>46090562
I'm trying so hard not to take this bait
>>
Top tier bait
>>
>>46090562
Let's use this waste of a thread to discuss fun ideas for R mechanics.

[The land continues to burn]
>>
>>46091707
I like the rummaging mechanic they've been giving Red recently.

I don't see why red can't have a reckless couterspell. Something like where the downside is that the owner of the countered spell gets to cast the next one for free off the top of their deck.
>>
>>46090562
Because you have a Red mindset
Stop playing Blue, it doesn't work with your personnality
>>
>>46091707
Make redirect effects Red-only.

Make both forms of exile casting (exiling cards from the top of your deck and your opponent's) into Red mechanics instead of letting Blue have a better version of a Red mechanic AGAIN.

Give permanent creature stealing to Black instead of Blue so that RB has more shared mechanics and Blue doesn't have another better version of a Red thing. Make artifact stealing Red.

Fluff-wise print more cards that show Red covers the entire emotional spectrum rather than being really fucking pissed.
>>
>>46091765
Red already has sort of counter spells in the form of 'choose new targets for target instant or sorcery'.

It also fits Red perfectly flavorwise, since shunting a fireball back at someone is way more Red then preventing it from occuring at all like Blue.
>>
>>46090562
Blue stopped being fun when they stopped printing mana drains.
Good ol' days
>>
>>46091707
Give Red an ability to destroy emblems.
>>
Give Red Jace the Wallet Rapist.
>>
>>46092762
On that note FoW feels really red to me.
>>
File: 1429049069347.jpg (43 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1429049069347.jpg
43 KB, 500x294
>>
>>46090562
because blue habitually breaks the game in half.

Want a recent example? Ruise Cruise and Dig Through Time.
>>
I dont play cardboard crack
Why is teardrop broken?
>>
Ignoring OP's ridiculous bait, I'd like to note to some of the other posters in the thread that R is intentionally not the best at certain things because those are very flavor specific to the color. Its methods, and therefore the results are different. However, within the context of playing R, those methods are what you need instead of what you want.
>>
File: Baitless.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
Baitless.png
80 KB, 500x501
>>46090562
Bait image thread? Bait image thread.
>>
>>46091765
I've always felt that Force of Will should be a red card, personally.
>>
>>46090562
desu it is green that is getting a lot of good stuff lately. Red still needs ways to expand into the other parts of the emotional spectrum.
>>
>>46094808

Because it's the color of circumvention

Naturally it's tough to balance it correctly
>>
>>46095133
Funny fact is that so is black, but with black it is easy as to what to have be the downside, making them pay more life. Black can just pay an evil spirit to give it the power but it will come at a cost. The problem with blue is that is suppose to be just knowing a much for effective way to do it and can use its little bit of mana to get a lot.
>>
>>46095249

I wouldn't call black the color circumvention

I would call it the color of unscrupulousness

No price is too high for victory

Whereas to me, blue's schtick is "I refuse to meet your challenge head-on, I'll figure out a way to circumvent your advantage"
>>
>>46091707
More monored angels would be nice
>>
bumping a dumb thread
>>
>>46095051
Yeah, even the green intro pack is better than the rest.
>>
>>46090562
Blue gets shat on recently but that's because a lot of what Blue does is potentially game breaking. It's very easy for designers to go full retard purely by accident.
>>
>>46094808
Because Magic is a game about two things: Drawing cards and playing spells. Magic gets the best card draw as part of its color identity. This by itself is huge but it is complemented by being able to get in the way of other players playing spells (via counterspells).

So Blue sees more cards than other colors and deals with threats before they're really threats. That's why it's such a good color to splash.
>>
>>46099132
It really sucks that green is getting some abilities that are entirely blue like Oath of Nissa for example.
>>
>>46099447
Green is second in card draw, and Scry isn't exactly exclusive to Blue.

Looking through the top couple cards for Creatures and Lands is totally green.
>>
>>46099447
What's your point?
>>
>>46099447
no mechanic belongs solely to one color. they all overlap
>>
>>46099757
except for hard counters
And polymorph
>>
>>46099794
It really does feel like blue has the most 'exclusive' mechanics.
>>
>>46099757
>>46099447
It's true that draw isn't solely blue. But they get the best of it. Compare Concentrate and Harmonize. Functionally, the cards are identical. They cost 2CC as a sorcery and draw 3 cards. However, Harmonize is out of color for best draw (green) and is a solid $1-$3 card because it's some of the best draw for Green.. Concentrate meanwhile is a $0.25 bulk rare because it is outclassed by better draw.
>>
>>46099938
Harmonize was also originally printed in Planar Chaos, the same set that gave us Dreamscape Artist, which is Blue land ramp.

Oath of Nissa lets you get a creature or a land card from the top of your library into your hand. It's barely card draw, since you're using a card to do so. It's more comparable to an extremely limited tutor, which everyone gets so long as they're looking for in-color things.
>>
>>46100142
The difference between those two color shifted cards is that blue doesn't really need/want ramp while all decks want card draw.

You're absolutely on point about Oath. It picks the card but doesn't generate card advantage.
>>
>>46100991
I'd argue that ramp is important to most colors as well, if not as intrinsic as card draw.

That aside, I think we do generally agree on this.
>>
>>46101085
I believe ramp is very important to most decks. Nearly every deck that splashes in green does so for the cheap ramp spells.
>>
But blue is my favorite color, Besides I love water based stuff.

what cool water based cards are currently avalibable to start playing MTG?
>>
>>46101085
>I'd argue that ramp is important to most colors as well
There's 3 little words you need to understand.

>Muh
>threat
>density
>>
all red needs is "mountains matter"
>>
>>46094808
It's not, they're a just memeing.
Blue has to weak creatures that cost a lot and mostly useless abilities.
If you choose Blue you're already at a disadvantage.
>>
>>46099447
I know this is bait, but Oath of Nissa is like Ancient Stirring or Commune with Nature, ie. a very green mechanic.
>>
>>46102825
fuck off
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.