[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem /tg/. I was considering running a cyberpunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Snatcherbounty.jpg (20 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
Snatcherbounty.jpg
20 KB, 384x256
I have a problem /tg/.
I was considering running a cyberpunk game for some friends, and I came to a hard decision.

Is it more fun to be the bounty hunter, or the shadowrunner? Tank police or motorcycle crime squad?

Basically, which is better- cops or robbers?
>>
Cops, always cops.

You never get to play as the authorities and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>46089089
There's not much difference, to be honest. The only thing that i can think of is the fact that cops have to be less destructive, because laws.
>>
>>46089151
don't forget that you also have at least some authority.
>>
Why not start off as cops, then have the bad guys frame them so they become on the run outlaws?

You know like in Minority Report.
>>
>>46089163
>implying that street scum care about badge
>implying that corporate scum aren't too rich to care about anything
>implying that you, a cop, care about your authority, 'cause being corrupt pays better
>>
>>46089200
you forget the good part of authority
being able to pull a "dead or alive, you're coming with me".

and investigating shit, which is always great.
>>
>>46089184
I didn't catch that flick
>>
if you are doing it for friends then just ask your friends. Different strokes, different folks.
>>
>>46089236
I agree in principal, but it's like 2 AM and I want to discuss this with people without waking guys while I am still interested.
>>
>>46089236
Surely talking to people to find out what they like isn't the answer. You're a mad man.
>>
File: 1458287551092.jpg (501 KB, 657x1770) Image search: [Google]
1458287551092.jpg
501 KB, 657x1770
>>46089089
>>46089145
Definetely cops. Especially when you are constantly on the backfoot due to underfunding but have society on your side if you play it smart.
>>
>>46089089
whadda about a go getter that does what he can to improve his community accordingly to his own particular political view or lack thereof. Kinda like a punk, as in cyberpunk.
>>
>>46089288
man that definition describes such an incredibly wide array of potential characters and situations as to make it almost worthless to determining how the game will play out
>>
>>46089288
>does what he can to improve his community
>punk
>>
>>46089244
>a man in bed
>wakes with a start
>gets up sweating from bed
>I must run cyberpunk
>>
>>46089351
I also said lack there of.

>>46089311
That goes beyond cops and robbers. There's so much more choices than cops and robbers and people tend to do only one or the other. Its silly
>>
Criminals 24/7 every damn time all day a hundred years criminals.com every day criminals adventures
>>
>>46089452
>I also said lack there of.
I thought you were saying that about the political views.
>>
cop.
>>
>>46089351
The punks I know run bike coops, bookstore coops, art spaces, etc. One is part of a coop farm on the outskirts of town. Grown up punks are pretty cool. A lot are bike courriers.

Basically a slumming game of shadowrun is perfect for the real punk type.
>>
>>46089523
Grown-up punks generally stop being punks and start being useful.
>>
File: TL7plus2.png (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
TL7plus2.png
3 MB, 1440x900
>>46089089
In cyberpunk I don't think the choice is so simple. Cops and robbers? ..or Law enforcement vs. Independents. Corporations are arguably more powerful than the government and their cops, but also ethically moribund. The robbers you speak of, the shadowrunners, are likely fighting dark forces and could be seen as folk heroes. Cyberpunk is morally very grey ( gun-metal grey).
>>
>>46089535
>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm sure I'm right
Grown up punks, as in people who are still punks in their 30s, can definitely be useful and organize a lot of great shit. A lot of them are still punks.
>>
>>46089281
>why the fuck is this guy making such a big deal about muh wymyn
>holy shit that's not a main character it's just a teaser
>how the fuck was she disempowered she had bulletproof skin and massive blades in her arms
>fucking amerifats i just want to make cool vidja games
>>
>>46089682
Really, I think the big thing is whether you try to stay above the law and collect rewards legally, or illegally.
>>
>>46089225
Then like the early stages of Deus Ex.
>>
>>46090010
Being Yuro targetting US markets is suffering. I'm sure the Witcher 3 devs were partially so fucking happy winning several awards least yar because they felt vindicated afer having their product shit talked all the time.
>>
>>46090010
It's become trendy to look for problems where there are none, whilst simultaneously castrating peoples' ability to view the world through a realistic spectrum. Nowadays you're expected to see the world through a Social Justice Lens that blots out all the nuances of realistic expectations and circumstance. Hell, the world isn't even black and white to these people, it's dark and light shades of a single colour altogether.
>>
File: 1456924290915.jpg (52 KB, 556x720) Image search: [Google]
1456924290915.jpg
52 KB, 556x720
>>46089402
I like this man.
I was this man, once.
I want to be this man again.
>>
>>46089281
Jesus fuck, pandering to the tumblr crowd much? based CD projekt red putting them down.
>>
>>46093448
>Jesus fuck, pandering to the tumblr crowd much? based CD projekt red putting them down.
Pandering is okay. Well, not okay, but understandable. What rustles me is how it apparently doesn't seem to WORK.

There is nothing more shameful than pandering that fails to achieve anything.
>>
File: TL7plus8.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TL7plus8.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
>>46091689
But who's law? Who is determining the right and wrong? In nearly all the cyberpunk lit and games I know the line between legal/illegal, right/wrong are intentionally blurred.
>>
On a kinda related note: do you all play Shadowrun as your go-to cyberpunk game?
>>
>>46095084
Cyberpunk 2020 can't stand the magic angle most days
>>
>>46095084
OpenSix or MiniSix, actually. Lets me focus on the world without my players getting so focused on the mechanics. Want some cyber? Find it in the rulebook or tell me what you're looking for outside of the game and we'll discuss cost and how it works.
>>
sure are a lot of narcs in this thread
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.