[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #744: It's a Wonderful Day in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46069939
>>
File: SPPrototype.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SPPrototype.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Right, okay. One final update. If no one sees any major problems, I'll upload it to the drive.

Changelog:
>Realized I goofed and completely forgot a companion section, so I added that
>Added Pick a Name, Any Name
>Lowered Dual Disciplines to 200 CP
>Replaced Good Ol' Fisticuffs with The Lowest Form of Wit
>Added more drawbacks
>>
Alrigth so I get that powers have their own compartment/box and that perks have a pool

Magic from setting A doesn't mix directly with setting B.

Strength perks all add up, even if the origin is supposedly different, like railgun pyrokinesis, marvel telekinesis and teen titans pyrokinesis.

But what about stuff that depends on things affected by other perks?

Say, Soul eater's Madness and Evengelion's Waveform physiology, by all means, the fact that your soul is like that would mean that you would look like a monster, let alone how a Hellsing vampire would interact with it.

How does it work for you? or is it a jumpchain thing that keeps these kind of stuff from tearing you apart metaphysically giving you a different plane soul for each power?
>>
>>46086474
Fanwank it.
That is to say, decide for yourself how they interact.

Personally I treat them as different powers, but that's my choice.
>>
Would stacking a lot of intelligence and multitasking perks let me use Thinker powers from Worm 24/7 without getting headaches?
>>
>>46086792
No, Thinker Powers have Hard-Coded Limits set by the Shard, not by your own ability.
>>
>>46086314
I suppose that I should make a build for this.
Jump #375: Skullduggery Pleasant
• Name: Alice English
• Background: Detective
• Perks:
○ Dual Disciplines: -200
-Necromancy: -300
-Elemental: -300
○ Doors are for People with no Imagination: -0
○ Pick a Name, Any Name (Alice English): -100
○ Keen Observational Skills: -200
○ No Skin, Just Bones: -300
• Items:
○ Old Pals x 2: Lapis, Noah: -100
• Drawbacks:
○ Argeddion Outta Here: +200
○ Shrouded in Darquesse: +400
(1000+200+400)-(100+200+100+100+200+300+300+300)=0

• Name: Noah
• Background: Monster Hunter
• Perks:
○ Muscle Magic: -0
○ Come and Have a Go: -0
○ Pick a Name, Any Name (Aspen Hawthorn): -100
○ Sword Skills: -200
• Items:
○ N/A
(300)-(100+200)=

○ Name: Lapis Lazuli
○ Age: 26
○ Background: Cultist
○ Perks:
○ Gist: -0
○ Pick a Name, Any Name (): -100
○ A Vile Man: -0
○ A Jumper Scorned: -200
○ Items:
○ N/A
(300)-(100+200)=
Well, reading Darquesse's wiki page, I suppose I should do my best to avoid her for the most part, teleporting away until she separates from Valkyrie, possibly manually extracting her early given how bullshit she seems and that I don't know if she would separate normally given the Drawback, then stab her with Laevatein while time is stopped. Once that is done, I kind of want to help Argeddion with his goal, albeit with different kinds of magic so that there is variety of different styles for people to choose from, and release a lot of new Magitech through the Empire, mainly from Minecraft and Final Fantasy to improve quality of life. As usual, I'll drop the Bluenose into the Atlantic Ocean so that the Empire can make a few colonies and a dimensional gate so that they can return post spark. At some point, I'll work on finding my true name so I can use it to improve the sympathetic connection with my proxies, along with general curiosity about what it would be.
>>
>>46086858
>Overuse or pushing your Thinker powers beyond their normal limits can strain the brain, leading to Thinker headaches, which can get painful enough to leave you bedridden for days if you seriously overdo it. Your brain will acclimate over time, lessening strain and letting you push your abilities further.
It sounds like the headaches are a result of the limits of the human brain, not limits in the shard
>>
>>46086915
Word of God apparently. The Shard intentionally stresses your brain as a limit. There are lots of little hard-coded limits like that in powers.
>>
>>46086792
Not as I understand it (although I could be interpreting it wrong and/or you could just choose to do your own thing).

The limiting factor on Thinker powers seems to be the limits the shard places on itself, rather than your ability to handle it. Thinker headaches are, essentially, the shard saying "no more; that's against the rules".

Shards have this limits because they're basically stress testing individual aspects of the power (well, more or less) and it'd be harder to gather data if parahumans were handed an "I win" button - there's be no need to use the power creatively (and entities are handing out powers to harness our creativity).

So making yourself better wouldn't solve Thinker headaches, because you're not the problem. It might make you better at /using/ your power though, applying it in clever ways, asking the right questions etc.

In case you missed it/forgot, it might be worth bearing in mind that thinker headaches will be alleviated somewhat over time as you push the limits of your power, and the shard relaxes some of the restrictions.
>>
>>46086936
Technically, don't you lose the Shard after the jump?
>>
>>46086995
Yes, but I'm not sure how that effects the hard-coded limits of the power you had.
>>
>>46086936
The jump is the word of god here, bro.
>>
>>46087008
Tinkers get the ability to mass-produce stuff. I'd think thinkers at least can use their abilities more before it kicks in.
>>
>>46086314
Ireland location typo: "propnsity"

(Advanced) Elemental: is it just control or can you create as well (e.g. do you need an existing source of fire or not)?

Advanced Elemental: is there a missing "If" before "Elemental was your first purchase"?

Tunneling: are the cracks cosmetic/illusionary or is the tunneled material structurally damaged/weakened?

Teleportation: can you travel based on a sufficiently clear recording if you're skilled enough, Jumper-movie style, or do the photons have to travel uninterrupted from the source to your own visual organ-equivalents (or absence thereof, if you're a spoopy skellington)?

Dimensional Shunting: is there any skill advancement at all with this power, or is it total blind luck as to what world you end up in every time you use it?

Resolute Thread: can it be cut? burnt? dissolved? (guessing maybe not the last one, given it's supposedly dragon stomach lining)
>>
>>46087075
>>46087081
It's something I need to adjust in the update if Wildbows made a declaration on it.

Think of it like this, due to the nature of Thinker powers they basically are going to be more effective the more intelligent you are and the more mental boosts you have. So basically you're always going to have them interfacing and causing a relatively similar amount of strain due to supercharging your cognition in their unique manner. That being said, anti-pain and similar perks that would aid you in dealing with the effects would help a lot.

It's kind of like a program that you fire up on your computer that lets you overclock things in a particular manner based on what your hardware is. You're gonna get greater performance no matter if you have a shitty laptop or a supercomputer (though the supercomputer is probably gonna have a bit of an advantage, same case here but its only slight), but it's the perks that help you deal with that strain that help, not just having better stats to begin with. The systems that say help cool the thing down instead of amping the performance up more.

Either way, strain doesn't go away completely. You're just going to be able to push further and further before it becomes a problem as time goes on.

Worm powers are great, but barring unique circumstances there isn't really a free ride. Granted there are potential exceptions to every rule, but that's my general ruling on it for those of you that want to know.
>>
>>46087209
Then Thinker powers are by far the worst ones in the jump.
>>
>>46086915
A bit of column A and column B. Your brain gets strained because the power comes with built-in limitations. Your brain gets better at coping with the strain over time because it adapts to those imposed limitations.

tl,dr; the power is deliberately adding extra weights to make it harder, the brain is deliberately adding extra muscle to make it easier.
>>
>>46087128
In terms of Elemtalism, think of it like Avatar bending. Air, earth and water aren't made. Fires can be made though. Sorta. You can enlarge existing fires, to the extant that snapping your fingers makes enough of a "spark" that you can turn into a fireball.

Teleporting has to be somewhere you've already seen/ can see. So you can't gain a new location from a photo, but you don't need a photo to teleport somewhere you've already been.

I should point out its been a while since I read the series. And (obviously) I'm not the jumpmaker.
>>
>>46087245
Why make fire explicitly better than the others?
>>
>>46087266
If it was otherwise Fire would be explicitly worse
Air, Earth, and Water are almost everywhere, even if not always in abundant supply.

Fire is much MUCH harder to just "find"
>>
>>46087226
Honestly in my opinion Path to Victory is the best power there. Sure there's no flashy "pew pew, I exploded you!", but you don't NEED that: you can avoid any fights you can't win, solve any puzzle, find anything that needs finding. It won't directly help you in a battle, but it'll tell you exactly how to win the war.
>>
>>46087128
>Ireland location typo: "propnsity"
Thanks.

>(Advanced) Elemental: is it just control or can you create as well (e.g. do you need an existing source of fire or not)?
Technically, you need an existing source of the element. However, all elementals can generate spark by snapping their fingers, and use that to summon fire.

>Advanced Elemental: is there a missing "If" before "Elemental was your first purchase"?
Yep.

>Tunneling: are the cracks cosmetic/illusionary or is the tunneled material structurally damaged/weakened?
Probably actually weakened.

>Teleportation: can you travel based on a sufficiently clear recording if you're skilled enough, Jumper-movie style, or do the photons have to travel uninterrupted from the source to your own visual organ-equivalents (or absence thereof, if you're a spoopy skellington)?
Recordings are fine. Hell, a recent photo would work.

>Dimensional Shunting: is there any skill advancement at all with this power, or is it total blind luck as to what world you end up in every time you use it?
You'll eventually get to the point where you won't accidentally teleport into an instantly fatal world, but I'm not sure how much you'll improve past that. Beyond that, a Shunter in canon was hooked up to a machine and used to make a prison essentially inescapable by constantly cycling it through different dimensions.

>Resolute Thread: can it be cut? burnt? dissolved? (guessing maybe not the last one, given it's supposedly dragon stomach lining)
Can definitely be cut. Going to say no to the other two since, yeah, dragon stomach. If that's even true.
>>
>>46087307
Yeah well now it's very much the best one by a wide margin.
>>
>>46087245
>Teleporting has to be somewhere you've already seen/ can see. So you can't gain a new location from a photo, but you don't need a photo to teleport somewhere you've already been.
Am I forgetting something? Was this referenced in canon? Because Fletcher seemed to be able to teleport all over the world to places he didn't travel to the old fashioned way beforehand.

>>46087266
>Why make fire explicitly better than the others?
Basically what >>46087307 said.
And beyond that, Air is considered the strongest in universe, due to its versatility, whereas Earth is by far the worst.
>>
>>46087339
No it isn't?
Air is everywhere except deep underwater, and even then it's there in minute amounts

Water is also damn near everywhere and you'll only have problems with it in a desert.

Earth is only a problem on a boat
>>
>>46087339
Just so we're clear, you do realize I'm not making these rules, right? That's how it is in the series.
>>
>>46087226
You're free to your opinion. But it's just a part of the powers. Like Complete Arsenal having a limit on the number of powers, the energy pools of several others, etc. Frankly I've always considered mental abilities the most hax when you already have your other bases covered from other jumps. Most Thinkers main weakness is being just a normal joe otherwise.

>>46087238
This is a damned good way to think of it.

>>46087308
Path to Victory is definitely one of the strong choices. Though I do feel the need to clarify again that it's basically the perfect strategy guide. It seems like people often forget that its still mostly up to you to pull shit off. It gives you the objective line and the general guidance of how to approach it, but the rest is up to you.

That's still bullshit of the highest order though.
>>
>>46087393
I'm not criticizing you, only the setting.
>>46087377
Water is everywhere in amounts too small to use. Making it the weakest.

Earth would depend, manmade structures are a big hindrance.
>>
>>46087364
I'm remembering one scene (absolutely no idea what book) where Fletcher is hanging ng out with Valkyrie waiting for a phone call telling him to teleport back to the plane he was just on so he can acquire whatever location it's taking him too.
>>
>>46087429
Too small to use? You don't exactly need a lot of water to do something, and assuming it's anything like Avatar you can draw Water from your own sweat, or from plants.

>>46087419
>I gave Akitsu Path to Victory
Still not sure if that was a Good Idea or a Bad Idea.
>>
>>46087436
That does sound vaguely familiar.
Yeah, okay, I'll say you need to have seen the location yourself to teleport there.
>>
>>46087419
>Most Thinkers main weakness is being just a normal joe otherwise

Same could be said for any power in the chain though. Shit, I could probably make a device that could sheer the universe in two, can raise my body temperature to surface of the sun levels and I haven't even taken worm yet.
>>
>>46087460
Avatar is unrealistic in the actual amount of water present in the atmosphere and elsewhere.
>>
>>46087495
Is it? Hama doesn't seem to be able to draw much water out of the air or plants. She destroys half a field of flowers in order to create one water blast, and when she condenses atmospheric water she only get enough for a few small darts. I think Katara and Hama might have drawn more out of the trees during their fight, but even then I don't think it's too unreasonable.
>>
>>46087495
Okay. In the series, water isn't used that much. When it is, it's mostly for things like fucking up electronics, swimming real good, and drying/cleaning yourself. Air is the most often used elemnet, because it acts as pseudo-telekinesis and have lots of versatility, fire is the second most used, because fireballs are easy to create and easy to weaponise, and earth is used like twice, because it's pretty much useless.
>>
>>46087537
>Earth is pretty much useless.
OK, I know I'm an Air/Fire build when it comes to Elements, but now I wanna go Earth and show these people how it's done.
>>
>>46087312
>You'll eventually get to the point where you won't accidentally teleport into an instantly fatal world

... ... what?

I mean,"eventually" implies you've had it happen at least once, in which case you'd have been instantly, uh, fatalised.
>>
>>46087586
Better take the Advanced package, or they'll be really impressed at your inanimate statue act. Seriously, can't believe how much they nerfed Earth. Earthquakes, mudslides, dowsing, plant based attacks, and they go for statuary...
>>
>>46087537
>it's mostly for things like fucking up electronics, swimming real good, and drying/cleaning yourself.
Not doing it any favors.
>>
>>46087436
Maybe it was a location they didn't have a (good enough) photo of?
>>
>>46087617
Hell, if you go Real Basic you don't even need all that.

Use Earth Powers to cover body parts in rock, and hit much harder
>>
>>46087586
It's not their fault. Earth magic in the setting can only be used to turn yourself into a statue. Or a cheap knock-off impression of Tunneling magic.

>>46087609
It's explicitly pointed out in the story that that's the reason there aren't many shunters. I should note that you can create a sort of loop, where you charge a person or object, and it will shift back and forth over a certain period of time between two worlds. Maybe send a camera through or something and have it loop back?

>>46087620
Not trying to.
>>
>>46087312
Thanks!

>>46087537
The great thing, from the sound of it, is that you get to control the whole enchilada instead of just one of the elements.
>>
>>46087665
You do get that all four, yep.
>>
>>46087663
So the other world you end up in depends on your location in this one? As in, take a step to the left, different world on the other side (I'm reminded of the Nevernever from Dresden Files)? Or do other factors apply?
>>
>>46087700
>So the other world you end up in depends on your location in this one? As in, take a step to the left, different world on the other side (I'm reminded of the Nevernever from Dresden Files)? Or do other factors apply?
I'm 90% sure your location is parallel between the world's, yeah. I'll try to check and make sure tomorrow.
>>
>>46087700
>>46087714
And I just realized that's not what you were asking. No, your location doesn't affect WHICH world, just where at in that world.
>>
>>46087419
How goes the update?
>>
>>46087795
Very slowly. Average day for me gives me about four hours (not consecutive) of time where I'm not working in one way or the other. Add in a limited amount of energy and most days I don't really feel up to sitting down and ironing out walls of text.

Hopefully things will ease up soon. Though sadly its looking like my workload will be increasing instead of decreasing.

Once again gotta apologize to everybody. I'm not the fastest jump maker by any metric and I appreciate you all having the patience with me.
>>
>>46087842
Are you doing a update to worm?
Should I hold off my jump?
I was going to take it next.
>>
Also, I should mention, there was a plot point that involved a city being built in another dimension and then shunted over to another dimension all at once, by a single mage. So shunting has the potential to move a ton of stuff between dimensions at once - you just have to find the other dimensions.
>>
>>46086314
100 Point perks are free for their Origin right? Just want to make sure before I do my build.

Is Necromancy Innately Evil in this universe? I like Necromancy in general, but I try to avoid Evil choices.

Now that my questions are over.

>A Drawback that lets me go full JUSTICE
Oh yes, I can jam to this.
>>
>>46087878
Yeah, gonna iron out all the problems with it and go over it with a now more experienced eye since I'm not a noob jump maker anymore. Gonna add a ton new powers as well. Twice as many as there were before.
>>
>>46087842
Take your time, man.

Just curious, though, did you say you're actually doubling the amount of powers, or am I misremembering?
>>
>>46087908
>Worm Update
Oh my yes. Not gonna change my/my companions powers though.
I'm quite happy with what we all got, especially since several of them rolled very.....fitting powers.
Like Kerrigan getting Bio-manipulation.

Plus I'll admit, I love my Blink.
>>
>>46087919
Mmmhmm. Gonna be eight powers for each category. Give it a bit more variety than we have currently.
>>
File: 1377464152025.jpg (333 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1377464152025.jpg
333 KB, 800x800
>>46086314
Exactly how powerful is someone with dominion over magic in that setting? Argeddion specifically.

What would happen if I took Alternate history + Argeddion/Exception to the rule. Would it be like a two part problem? Deal with the alternate history first then deal with Argeddion next?
>>
>>46087892
>100 Point perks are free for their Origin right?
Yep.

>Is Necromancy Innately Evil in this universe?
Nope. Have fun, ya necrophiliac.
>>
>>46087908
And I'll comb afterwards to find something to complain about.
>>
>>46087952
I don't waifu Dead people, otherwise I'd go for Maria in Bloodborne.

Wait, do Hollows from Bleach count?
>>
>>46087979
High ranking Hollows are an entire individual holocaust all their own. We're talking thousands upon thousands of dead people.
>>
>>46087979
Hollows count as multiple dead folks, while Shinigami are just dudes who are dead.

Worst. Afterlife. Bureacracy. Ever.
>>
>>46087946
>Exactly how powerful is someone with dominion over magic in that setting? Argeddion specifically.
That can use every other type of Magic and can do some pretty bullshit stuff that no one else can do. And have a tone of power. Like, disentigrate an army or blow up a city with a snap of their fingers power.

>What would happen if I took Alternate history + Argeddion/Exception to the rule. Would it be like a two part problem? Deal with the alternate history first then deal with Argeddion next?
You don't technically have to defeat Argeddion - just not get killed by him. The problem is, he's bloodlusted, so that's harder than it sounds. He can cross dimensions, though and if you take both of those drawbacks, he'll know how to find the one you're in.
>>
>>46087990
>>46088004
I'm aware, just asking if they count as necrophilia

Because I waifued Neliel(after fixing the mask so she's always adult form), and Harribel.
>>
>>46088022
In my view, undead are not necrophilia because they're not dead. They're undead. Third state of life. They're thinking, consenting, sapient beings, or they should be if you're going to screw one.
>>
>>46088022
>Fixing the mask
Casul

Though no I'd do it too just because being broken sucks. Still though, casual.
>>
Has Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes been claimed? I'd like to take a crack at it once I've completed Automatron to put the finishing touches on Fallout 4's Jump.
>>
>>46088036
If you're the intelligent type of undead, and have sex with the glorified robot type of undead, is it zoophilia or necrophilia?
>>
>>46088079
>YJ Anon
>Doing EMH jump
Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit
>>
>>46086314
Skullduggery Pleasant Universe-
0/1600
Rolled for Dublin, Ireland- Ah Erie, a fun place
Monster Hunter
Free Come and Have a Go
Discount Color-Coded Cleaver
Pick a Name, Any Name
Dual Disciplines
Discount Wind Elemental and Advanced Elemental
Necromancy

Alternate History+600-A World where I can go Full Justice? I can Jam to this.

Can't afford God-killing Weapon, which is sad. But fuck it, I have more Potent Wind Magic, even better Regen than before(and my Regen is insane already), and NECROMANCY! LET THE DEAD RISE! AND LET THEM DO JUSTICE!

Also this is after Fairy Tail, so I can totally go Satan Soul while doing JUSTICE.

Now the question is, since this is before Lord of the Rings. Should I unleash Hordes of Undead in Satan Soul Mode on Sauron, and thus confuse the fuck out of the Good Guys?

>>46088043
Quiet you.
>>
>>46088095
Depends on your definition of zoo. For me it's basically anything non-sapient. So it'd be some kind of zoophilia, because undead are not technically dead.
>>
How should I go about making myself a Visored in Bleach?
>>
So Jumpers, who took the "Radio Deal" Perk in Grand Theft Auto?
What did you talk about?
And why didn't you peach about the superiority of the human spirit and condemn the criminal actions of the populace and the inept totalitarian actions of a government that tries to bring the situation under control
>>
>>46088139
Go Shinigami
Steal Hyogeku or however the fuck it's spelled
Fill it with Spiritual Pressure while focusing intently on being a Visored
Done.
>>
>>46088140
Because video killed the radio star.
>>
>>46087952
Two questions:
Does having vibe from arrowverse negate the dangers of shunting?
And can we use it to travel to jumps we've been to post-spark? For that matter could we use it if we go home/die before sparking?
>>
>>46088140
Still haven't taken GTA, but if I do?
I imagine it'll be filled with me rambling about nonsense, telling bad jokes, praising the "Crazed and incredibly good looking vigilante who keeps fighting the gangs", and playing music I enjoy, or preform music I wrote or stole during my adventures.
>>
>>46088079
Officially hyped.
>>
>>46088224
Make sure you go on a ramble about how America should have never have won their independence and should have capitulated to the British crown too!
>>
File: 1377572333876.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1377572333876.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>46088006
Oh man. I dunno if I can take something like that on without blowing up a planet I don't even know if that will even kill this guy. Most fights I could theoretically win but when you try to maintain a no casualties rule. Makes things much harder when you attempt to maintain being a good guy standing. Shit man I'm not sure if I could handle this with any sort of finesse. I should have stacked more perks around figuring out magic systems than raw power and anti-magic.

Wasn't there a set of earlier books where an absolutely awful person summoned to fight lord vile? I remember those books. Had no idea it had a sequel series.
>>
>>46088314
Wot?
Why would I care about that?
>>
>>46088342
See >>46074333

You Heretic
>>
>>46087209

What if you just remove your ability to perceive the artificially induced sensation of strain?
>>
>>46088376
Benevolent was the key word there anon
The British Crown was anything but Benevolent.

Mind you the War wasn't entirely justified either, seriously the Taxes weren't that bad and were for a good reason, but the Crown wasn't benevolent.
>>
>>46088388
What if you don't have a brain? Or a head?
>>
>>46087419
>Path to Victory is definitely one of the strong choices. Though I do feel the need to clarify again that it's basically the perfect strategy guide. It seems like people often forget that its still mostly up to you to pull shit off. It gives you the objective line and the general guidance of how to approach it, but the rest is up to you.

Meh, it's the dullest power from a story-telling perspective - and it was an utterly terrible idea in Worm anyway, because of [insert well-worn argument about Cauldron plot-induced-stupidity].

Plus, it's not actual divination - it's a predictive simulation. Unless the power gets automagic access to scans and total understanding of every supernatural force, it's going to fail when faced with anything outside of "what Entities understand" - even if it can harvest the user's knowledge base.
>>
File: Mirai.jpg (194 KB, 1000x760) Image search: [Google]
Mirai.jpg
194 KB, 1000x760
>>46088395
Why do you hate Liberty, Justice?

I'm going quote C.S. Lewis here

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

You're wrong Justice, so very wrong.
>>
>>46088440
Lewis sure didn't anticipate robber barons who are also moral busybodies/use moral busybodies as tools, huh? 'Cause that's how it's ended up.
>>
86. Monster's Inc
Origin: Scare Assistant (-100)
Perks: I'm Off Duty (-100), Hide And Seek Champion (-100), Can Wrangler, Fear Tech (-300)
Monster Customization: Scaly [Goblinoid], Limb Swap [Four half strength arms], Sinister Slither, The Inhuman Fly (-200), Fire Breathing (-100)
Gear: Three little words: SIX WHEEL DRIVE, Closet Warehouse (-200)
Wouldn't Have Nothing If I Didn't Have You (-300)
Drawbacks: 23-19! (+100), Banishment! (+300)

Chimmy: Chitinous Scarer, Let The Animal Out (-200), Limb Swap [Crab Claws, Pure Black Eyes], Monstrous Values, Scuttler, Amphibious (-100), Inhuman Fly (-100)
Falco: Chitinous Scarer, Let The Animal Out (-200), Limb Swap [Mandibles, Spider Legs, 8 eyes], Monstrous Values, Scuttler, Amphibious (-100), Inhuman Fly (-100)
Roberta: Fluffy Scarer, Let The Animal Out (-200), Limb Swap [A second set of smaller arms, hand-like feet], Huff "N' Puff, Beefed Up Beast (-200)
Ko'el: Scaly Scare Assistant, Can Wrangler, Riding Your Coat Tails (-200), Limb Swap [Snek-man], Monstrous Values, Sinister Slither, Camoulflage (-200)
SoB: Slimy Scarer, Let The Animal Out (-200), Limb Swap [Living Gel], Monstrous Values, Trail Lazin', Living Gel (-200)
Asriel: Fluffy Scare Assistant, Can Wrangler, Fear Tech (-300) Limb Swap [actually just Asriel], Monstrous Values, Huff 'N' Puff, Look at you You've Got Your Own Climate (-100)
Isaac: Scaly Scare Assistant, Can Wrangler, Fear Tech (-300), Limb Swap [Gator jaw, claws replace fingers], Monstrous Values, Sinister Slither, Fire Breathing (-100)
Toby: Slimy Scare Assistant, Can Wrangler, Riding Your Coat Tails (-200) Limb Swap [Living Gel], Monstrous Values, Trail Lazin', Living Gel (-200)

So, I'm modifying this alt-form because why not? Aside from the obvious strengthening of the muscular/skeletal/digestive structures, I'm going to add a thorned tail, a third eye, spikes, burrowing claws and really pronounced chompy bits.
>>
>>46088440
You're REALLY going to make me do this aren't you? Fine.

By Benevolent Dictator ship I don't mean "moral busybodies" or anything of the sort. I mean a single leader with the power to push right through any bureaucracy in-order to pass the laws/reforms/etc that the country needs to thrive.

That shit that happened when the Republicans and Democrats couldn't agree on anything until our Dept ceiling was almost hit? Wouldn't happen, Dictator would do what needed to be done and that would be the end of it.

One man or woman with the power to bypass the bureaucracy and pass the things that need to be passed for the good of the nation as a whole. Not some Big Brother watching everyone's movies.
>>
>>46088440
>'m going quote C.S. Lewis here
>It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.
Given some of the stuff he wrote, that's pretty funny.
>>
>>46088479
You're talking about a Constitutional Monarchy, at least I think so.
In which case I approve.

>>46088450
We're not there just yet anon. Well on our way, sure, but not quite.
>>
>>46088474
Doing that post-banishment by the by. No one will ask because I live in the human's garbage dumps and no monster will bother with me. I was banished for the simple crime of collecting human memorabilia. Can you believe it? I had it all safely bagged and contained. There was hardly any risk of contamination. None, in fact.

It's a lonely few years, being chased around and occasionally captured by humans that seek to profit from my existence. But I always escaped, pictures of me were always declared hoaxes, and I never let the monsters world be discovered. My companions have attempted to contact me, so I spoiled the movie's plot for them. They actually solved it very gently. A few simple accidents, some fake-as-shit math, and a few test runs saw the monster energy problems resolved for awhile. So, we had to figure out who the funniest companions were.

It's Toby. Children find him funniest and I just don't get it. It's a bunch of weird body sounds. What's funny about the body?

Other notes: Escafil Device permission has been rescinded for the crew of the ships due to "abuse". I don't care how much you want to be just like your mommy, taking on her form and crashing a speedboat is not okay.
>>
>>46088667
>crashing a speedboat

With no surivvors?
>>
>>46089137
She morphed back quickly enough after hitting the dock that any damage she sustained had disappeared. Morphing returns a body to "factory default", so she didn't have time to really die. Had to re-up on her booster shots, though.

As a side note, none of my companions or I use it outside of emergencies for just that reason. Losing all those hours spent on bio-medical re-enhancement is a real bitch. They don't lose any of the genetic modifications, but re-installing the mesh organ-armor is pretty delicate and costly.
>>
A couple of threads ago there was mention of a perk that makes worn clothes have the same durability as the Jumper.
Does anyone recall where I could find it?
>>
>>46089271
Dragon's Crown makes then literally invincible.
>>
>>46089283
That works too, thanks.
>>
What jumps can I pick up necromancy that isn't considered evil?
>>
>>46089456
If people in the setting consider their necromancy evil they're probably going to consider otherworldly necromancy evil as well.
>>
>>46089456
Elder Scrolls.
D&D.
Dresden.
WH Fantasy.
>>
Do weapons from Bayonetta/DMC with unlimited ammo carry that trait over other Jumps?

If not, how could I get unlimited ammo weaponry?

The only other things that could help that I know are some magics from Fairy Tail and Miss Militia power from Worm.
>>
>>46089650
Weapon Channeling from Hellsing, although it uses up your magical energy.
>>
>>46089650
Why would a weapon with unlimited ammo suddenly not have unlimited ammo?
>>
>>46086314
Hm. How does one find out a True Name, and can it be used on people post jump?
>>
>>46089693
I was unsure if that was a in-universe thing or not.
>>
>>46089650
There is an item in Terran Starcraft that gives infinite ammo.
>>
>>46089650
DMC explicitly does, it also has a perk for modifying other weapons to have unlimited ammo.
>>
>>46089650
Bayonetta weapons during the jump (or bought with CP) have infinite ammo, but you have to buy Time To Work if you want to make other weapons with that feature afterwards.

DMC... It seems to be a perk you get just for going there, so I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
File: 1458264792843.jpg (296 KB, 1170x683) Image search: [Google]
1458264792843.jpg
296 KB, 1170x683
Do you like power armors?
>>
File: Wind.jpg (279 KB, 1407x800) Image search: [Google]
Wind.jpg
279 KB, 1407x800
>>46086314
Love this. Been hyped ever since you dropped the first version.

Drop-In: Oh, this will be fun.

Real Nice Hair: Something to be said about all the hair perks one can accumulate over all the jumps. Also, tails. Fabulous.
Reflection Creation (200 CP): This is useful. This is VERY useful. Instant loyal copies of anything I want... Yikes. Especially once you consider the shenanigans when combining this with that one Warriors Orochi perk...
Beautiful Sorrow (300 CP): ...Whereas this, I just couldn't resist.
Face of the Faceless (600 CP): Charisma. Let's see how it does.

Elemental (250 CP): Aaaaand to add to this...
Advanced Elemental (250 CP): This is pretty damn powerful. Especially since this is just the start. Hm, I wonder what the precise applications could do...

Argeddion Outta Here (200): Pretty sure what I have to do there is not let him summon his clone, right? Regardless, fun times ahead.
A Darq Reflection (400): Ouch. Guess I am not using the outside powers. No sweat, the ones here are pretty nice.

So. A whole lot of sheer power, charisma, appearance and trickery. This is basically a mini version of my jumper everyday abilities. Let's see how I do.

Many thanks. Those series are pretty nice.

Really need to read the rest of the novels, though.
>>
>>46089228
I think the mesh organ armor would morph back, it's like how they can morph skin tight clothes. Even more likely to work actually because it's inside the body. The genetic modifications would be more likely to go away, but I'm pretty sure you'd keep those too... not if you get them while in a morph though, you'd have to get the altered DNA as a morph.
>>
File: 1456716951036.png (777 KB, 1192x670) Image search: [Google]
1456716951036.png
777 KB, 1192x670
>>46089857
Yes. Yes I do. What are some good settings with power armors? I gots halo, mcu, power rangers, 40k, and magic armors from faery tail.
>>
>>46089857
No, I'd rather enhance my actual body rather than relying on equipment.
>>
>>46087308
I feel like Path to Victory is the worst, because it's basically the death of the self. The moment you get PtV, you have two choices: Follow the Path, or be wrong. Any deviation is like a two year old trying to exert independence - you know it's right, but you're just saying "No!" for the sake of saying "No!"
>>
>>46089953
Well there's still morals, PtV can tell you that the best way to accomplish your goal is to kill some kid but you don't have to do it, doesn't mean you're objectively "wrong". Plus, it's you choosing your actual goals, not your power.
>>
>>46089953
What if my path to victory target is to not be a bound to a single path but to have as many paths as possible?
>>
>>46089953
That's a pretty limited view. PtV gives you the most efficient path to a stated goal, nothing more and nothing less.
That doesn't mean it's the only path, or that any deviation means you automatically fail. It also requires you to ask the right questions in the first place.
It's pretty much the ultimate strategy guide to whatever you want. That doesn't mean you don't get to choose or that you have to use it for everything ever.
But when you need to get something done and are totally stumped on how to do it PtV can tell you how, and that's a pretty awesome power.
>>
How does taking the Animal capstone that makes you an energy being work in lord of light if you are a god?
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>46086314
Drawbacks: Like Edward and Bella, It’s the Eyes, Shrouded in Darquesse (1600)

Rolled Dublin, Ireland

Cultist, Age 17 (1500)

A Vile Man (Free)
A Jumper Scorned (1300)
Face of the Faceless (1000)
Beautiful Sorrow (400)
Child of the Spider (0)

Huh. That’s odd, we’ve picked up a lot of odd things in the transitions between worlds but an actual /fetish/ usually gets parcelled with a drawback rather than a perk. Oh well, that’s gonna take some attitude adjustment to get rid of.

Anyway, considering we’re technically already several kinds of spider god in our own right it’s time for some inverse heresy, since we’ll be breaking away from orthodox spiderism to found our own secular belief system/corporate conspiracy. Standard precepts of discipline, sustainability, not acting like a crazy person on live television (looking at you Tom Cruise) and transcending mortal form with spiders as a doctrinal metaphor. And we’ll have potluck lunches on Sundays, in between training courses for slaying heretical dark gods.

Because those Faceless Ones sound like bad news. And so does whoever apparently wants to spread magic to absolutely everyone, ever. So our global game of shadows will be entrusted with suppressing things that go bump in the night maliciously-with extreme prejudice.

Also, apparently the God-Killer Weapons were forged by dipping them into a magical pool. So we’ll be investigating what happens when a person equipped with an Imaginos nanoswarm gets dunked in.

Also we should probably seal Skullduggery’s true name at some point.

>>46089953
There is literally nothing wrong with that. Selfs are overrated. You make mistakes, and hurt yourself and everyone around you and fail because you couldn't think one step ahead.

We've never said no to our own Path. We've just focused on asking it the right questions, as >>46090005 said.

In fact, we've buffed ours with an assemblage to make it far more infalliable and self-correcting.
>>
>>46086314
You really ought to make Dual Disciplines a discount on the second purchase rather than the first. Otherwise, you get into people buying it and not buying a second magic type to get a 600 CP magic for 500.

Speaking of, if I do that, can I learn my own second form of magic which then gets locked in by the Surge? Also, what happens to any other form of magic I learn during my Sorcerer period and before my Wizard period? I'm not familiar with the series, so feel free to correct me if that's a misconception.
>>
File: PARTYTIME.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PARTYTIME.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>46082970
Drawbacks: It “sucks” to be Jumper, Budget Burden Capitalism Ho! (1600)

Rolled The Lab

Edutainment

Learning is fun? (Free)
Graphic Violence (1500)
It’s science, it explains shit (1300)
Jumper Nye the Science Anon (1000)
Lab Coat (Free)
Global Simulation (900)
The World According to Jumper (500)
Gotta find him a friend (300)
Look for the helpers (100)
I’d like you to meet a friend… (0)

So. On the one hand, we have to somehow figure out how to devise a somewhat entertaining science curriculum that children can understand, and which WE deem a sufficiently educational curriculum. On the other hand, we get the opportunity to feed on the despair and misery of adults! We get a free meal and they get a brief reprieve from the agony of mortal existence before they have to go back to their daily lives, everyone wins!

The main gimmick in our show will be how to use stasis for family-friendly projects. 200% environmentally friendly perpetual energy reactors, pots that respawn food at the quantum level, DIY subspaces-that sort of thing.

There’s one thing we absolutely won’t do: Mollycoddle the little snots. We’ve traveled many worlds, and we’re not going to lie to them and tell them everything will be alright. We’re not even going to tell them that they can change the world for the better because we have empirical evidence-and eyewitness testimonies-to show that statistically people tend to repeat the same cycles of violence that led them through life in the first place. We’re just going to tell everything like it is, and occasionally bring in people like Madoka and Harry Dresden for the sake of having an opposition to challenge our point of view and let viewers make up their own minds.

>>46089925
Apparently Warframe's are pretty good? There's also Blame!, RWBY and MGNQ. And Raildex has some very specific and exotic power armours.
>>
>>46090005

"Path to the path I want to follow."
>>
>>46089967
If your Path is violating your morals, you're not asking the right questions. "How do I achieve X goal without killing, torturing, raping, or permanently injuring or traumatizing someone?"
>>
>>46087663
Can we learn how to use Earth Magic for Toph-level shenanigans? First assume no magic enhancement perks like Thousand Master, Refined Spellcasting, or any similar perks, then assume an arbitrary number.
>>
>>4608499
Sounds good. Any chance we can get a Wishbone-style allegory effect? E.g., if you have a problem in real life, you can imagine a scenario based around it, and if you play through that scenario, it'll help you come up with a solution to your real problem?
>>
Anyone know where I can get some tech or magic that can let me watch what happened in an area after it happened when I had nothing there to record it with?
>>
>>46090283
One of Siren's eye powers works exactly like that.
>>
>>46089953
>>46089967
>>46089969
>>46090005
>>46090052
>>46090098
>>46090137

This topic made me wonder something.

Lets say someone wants Path to Victory, but not the loss of control that comes with it, or at least not permanently.

Would path to having full conscious control of every aspect of path to victory on every level as well as a mind capable of using it to it's full efficiency be a valid path?
>>
>>46090329
The buyable version doesn't have an auto pilot function, it just tells you the best thing to do within your parameters.
>>
>>46090329

Assuming there was no lock in place, it'd probably result in uploading yourself into the actual physical shard and fusing with its analysis functions.
>>
>>46090329
Yes, but the first few steps are likely going to be "Go to the following jumps and buy the following perks".

You'd be better off going for just the control part, you're unlikely to burn yourself out unless you're using the Path for every single thing you do.

Also, your PtV can't go on autopilot, so the only 'loss of control' is if you don't have self control.
>>
>>46089857
Yep. Though mine is kind of a liquid symbiont suit rather than a traditional hardsuit.

>>46089925
The Legacy of Aldenata/Posleen Wars has some pretty hardcore power suits in the form of the ACS.

Roughneck Chronicles, Fallout, Ghost In The Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, Starcraft (human), Blame!, SOMA, Bomberman 64 all have them...not sure if Dead Space RIGs or Half-Life HEV suits count? Stalker's got the exoskeleton but it's pretty much the most basic power armour there is.

>>46090283
Felt this Before from Siren Blood Curse gives other people visions of the past.
Looking Into The Past from FFX lets you see into the past week.
Eyes of the Goddess from FFXIII-2 I don't think has a limit, but you can't react to things which are happening in the present.
>>
>>46090283
There's Railgun Claircoyance, which can let you read something's history.
I remember there being a perk for this in Aquaria.
>>
>>46090300
>>46090385
>>46090389
Thanks.
>>
>>46090385
Half life bio alien carapace armor should count at least.
>>
>>46090389
Aquaria also has a Stone Head which lets you accumulate the ENTIRE history of an area, back to prehistoric times, if left in one spot long enough.
>>
>>46090358
>>46090359
>>46090363

I mostly got curious since from what I can tell the 'loss of control' part seems to be people thinking "Just ask the path for what you would want to do."

Which isn't really an issue if your consciously controlling the entire process.

Also to clarify the following part.

>as well as a mind capable of using it to it's full efficiency

That was less worrying about burning out, and more 'The last Entity(literally) with anything close to full control of Path to Victory screwed up horribly so it might be a good idea to get rid of that issue beforehand'.

It would be kind of lame to go through the work of basically assimilating the processes of that power, only to screw up horribly like Eden did.
>>
>>46090434

Well the thing is this: >>46088429

Even a perfect simulation will fail against anything too complex or powerful.
>>
Shovels and hats are free in indiana jones, how many can I take?
>>
>>46090283
Shadowrun mages can get Psychometry after Initiation.
D&D psions can learn several variants - Object Reading and Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions are the notable ones.
Aquaria has a perk that lets you view an areas past as well.
>>
>>46090468
Just the one each, I think. It explicitly says if it's infinite stuff, like cheese and grapes in GoW
>>
>>46090283

GUNNM's Psychometry perk is pretty powerful, and while it focuses on object-reading, IIRC Kaos could also use it on locations.
>>
>>46090456

Good point. Which gives me the amusing thought of a late game jumper with Path to Victory having the power glitch constantly do to the jumper being too complicated to simulate properly.
>>
How big is the gates of hell bar in Bayonetta? I'm looking through at the item section and I'm not sure whether to get it or not.
>>
>>46088222
Shunting?

I thought that was already possible post spark? Post spark you're able to view what's going on in different worlds. So if you're chilling at home, you can vibe and see what's going on in Wormverse for instance.
>>
>>46090620
He's asking Cracker_Jack about the Dimensional Shunting magic from Skulduggery Pleasant.
>>
>a day in the life of a Jumper and his companion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfTjP4YDffI
>>
In the skulduggery plesant jump, if you don't take any magic can you learn it in jump. Also if you take dual disciplines and only buy one, is that second magic slot learnable in jump?
>>
File: 54b2d76dc50e1.jpg (48 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
54b2d76dc50e1.jpg
48 KB, 640x483
Alright Jumpers
Who still has one of their pokemon as a regular companion?
Do you still upgrade them when the oppertunity comes about?
>>
>>46090896
I have all of them. Two tend to only come out for fights though, but the other four are out pretty much all the time.
>>
File: 1456975855953.jpg (541 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456975855953.jpg
541 KB, 664x1000
>>46090896
I'm sorry, but a mere tool isn't a good companion.
>>
File: Antispiralindisguise.jpg (93 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralindisguise.jpg
93 KB, 640x360
Question for Cracker Jack re: Child of the Spider-are the spiders you summon regular spiders or magical spiders? Can you control what species they are and create a wave of Brazillian wandering spiders, or is it a mixed bag? Also, if you can already create spiders with psychic powers do the two strains of spiders get along?

Question for Clover-while the Hesperidean Cider is sealed off for post-Spark, suppose you brought in your own mystic fruit like Iðunn's from Viking Saga, the Apple of Life from Narnia or Ambrosia. Since there seems to be some sort of mystic brewing process involved with the Cider considering in Sunless Sea you can eat the raw apples but they don't grant super-immortality and considering the Empyrean Redolence implies the Masters have all sorts of weird biomantic tricks, could you theoretically convince the Masters to homebrew up some mystic alcohol for you?

Like say, if you were to offer to trade our memoir 50 Shades of Lilac, being mainly about our honeymoons with Cosmic Fire

>>46090896
Just Gar and Blaize, our starter and PMD partner.

Like many of our earliest companions they've picked up an outstanding array of tricks over the aeons from our research. Neither of them are particularly keen on our cause though, so-while they're both outstandingly buff at this point, they've declined some of the more extensive upgrades we've offered since they usually prefer to just take it easy in most jumps.
>>
>>46090972
We're ultimately all tools, though. Tools for entertaining the Benefactor.
>>
>>46090896

Just my Tyranitar, my starter/PMD partner, mainly because of my psychic connection to him. The rest are pretty much going to be in limbo until the end of time, along with the generic companions I've created from import 8 options.

Though even my favourite companions really only get imported when they'd gain useful powers, otherwise I just use them regularly. I don't need them to have 50 different memories of ordinary lives.
>>
>>46091013
Unfortunately the Masters are not in the habit of working on commission as I'm aware. Why lilac?
>>
hey I have some questions about Young Justice.

If I have Savage Salvage and eat Amazo do I gain the powers he has copied as well as his ability to copy powers?

Will Darkseid show up during your 10 years there if you don't take the drawback that makes you point him on day two?

If I have used Savage Salvage on Amazo and Darkseid does show up can I use his power copy abilities on Darkseid?

If I have a mother box from the DC jump would it be able to take over the War World?

If yes to the previous question does that mean the War World travels with me since my mother box is piloting it?
>>
>>46088440
British abolished slavery before the US. Nice liberty guys.
>>
>>46088079
How is the FO4 jump looking right now?

>>46089271
Highschool of the dead has Fashion which makes the clothes and body of the jumper as durable as the strongest piece of armor worn.

>>46089650
DMC's down with the sickness perk does, yes but only for things used by you. Need the other perk for adding unlimited ammo as a built in feature for others.

>Down with the Sickness: Everything you have is sick. When you eat, it's the sickest slice of pizza pie you ever did see, with seven layers of cheese and ALL the toppings. When it's a bowl of ice cream it's strawberry ripple with sprinkles. And just because I like you, I'll add in background music and gameplay mechanics (Enemy step, unlimited ammo, I-frames, aerial rave, that kinda stuff)
>>
>>46091417
speaking of that cider, isn't it available in the market in for an outrageous sum? Couldn't you buy it for a ludicrous amount of money?
>>
File: image.jpg (659 KB, 1062x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
659 KB, 1062x1500
>>46090896
Only my Chesnaught, Noah, given that the rest retired in The Hollywood Jump. And the whole point of having Three companions is to make sure I can import them most of the time.
>>
>>46090617
That is a question for red but I would guess the answer is fanwank it.
>>
So, for those who do multiple jumpchains, what's your go-to first jumps? The ones you always do before anything else, regardless of how different a direction you're going this time. Alternatively, if you just keep going on the same chain, where would you go first if you did restart?

For me, it's:
Harry potter: for incredibly general purpose magic abilities, and a goblin sword that has the potential to get stronger as I expose it to things in other jumps.
Metal Gear Rising: Convert the goblin sword to HF, get great hand-to-hand or sword skills, possibly a robot body
Tales of symphonia: get rid of those pesky biological functions, and get what amounts to an extra life
Star Trek: replicator, so I'll never worry about limited supplies again
strike witches: because it's my guilty pleasure.
>>
>>46091520
>If I have used Savage Salvage on Amazo and Darkseid does show up can I use his power copy abilities on Darkseid?

This would be a terrible idea. Leaving aside that Darkseid IS, the Anti-life Equation would fuck you up and the Omega Effect are just pretty fancy eyebeams.
>>
File: granzeboma.jpg (983 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
granzeboma.jpg
983 KB, 1280x1024
Incidentally, as a warning to anyone jumping SCP, the Sarkicism movement has recently acquired its' own official hub.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/sarkicism-hub

And Grant Karcist Ion appears to be disturbingly similar to a morally bankrupt Jumper.

>>46091417
Alright then.

As for why lilac-it's part of our colour scheme, y'see? As early back as Smite, our version of Anathema was essentially a buffed sort of Soulfire marked with lilac flames.
>>
>>46089722
I the series there was a book that gets destroyed early on that lists the True Names of everyone.

>>46090052
>That’s odd, we’ve picked up a lot of odd things in the transitions between worlds but an actual /fetish/ usually gets parcelled with a drawback rather than a perk
Technically, it doesn't /give/ you a fetish. I just assumed most people willing to vomit spiders already have one.

>when a person equipped with an Imaginos nanoswarm gets dunked in.
Ha. I have no idea. I think it may kill anyone without the blood of the ancients, though.

>>46090085
Ah. I guess I should. Didn't even think about that when I lowered the price.

>Speaking of, if I do that, can I learn my own second form of magic which then gets locked in by the Surge?
I'm going to say yes. At least, certain forms of it. You probably can't learn Child of the Spider and definitely not Teleportation.

>Also, what happens to any other form of magic I learn during my Sorcerer period and before my Wizard period?
Well, you're supposed to "choose" (somehow. It's never elaborated on) during the Surge which magic you keep. But buying magic makes it so that'll automatically be chosen during your Surge.
>>
>>46091729
Narnia. I love the narnian clock and it works best when taken early.
>>
>>46091642
>Highschool of the dead has Fashion which makes the clothes and body of the jumper as durable as the strongest piece of armor worn.

Pretty sure it works with all bits of armour, so you can have one with fire resistance and another with shockproof, etc etc.
>>
>>46091729
Narnia: Various decent powers, Mainly Narnian Time and the Atlantean Rings.
Harry Potter: Fiendfyre.
Minecraft: EE and UE.
NGNL: Keikaku Skills.
Steven Universe: Lapis Lazuli and stealing the Hourglass.
Undertale: The Fallen Human perk tree.
>>
Anyone have a benchmark for how strong Gem Power is in Steven Universe?
>>
>>46091729
Put Ace Comabt before Strike Witches.
>Get CFA-44, ADF-01 or some form of awesome future plane,
>Use the tech from the plane to make a bad ass Striker in Strike Witches.
Do Gate before Harry Potter and put Harry Potter at the end.
>Get the science makes magic better perk

>Go to Harry Potter
>Register your Striker as a custom Broom
>Play Quiddich with it
>Get it banned from the competitive list
>Start your own quiddich leauge with Strikers
>Get selected for the Triwizard cup, becuase you are the best in universe by this stage
>Kill Voldemort with an ADMM/Laser strike from your Striker.
>Get drunk of honey mead for the rest of the jump
>>
>>46091649
>>46091745
Also, the Benefactor told them not to sell it to you. Because those who drink it cannot die. And since it would nullify the failure conditions of the jumps...

>>46091748
My memory of the series is fuzzy. What are the big dos and donts because I vaguely remember True Names had that Earthsea thing going on.
>>
>>46091729
Tend to do Courage the Cowardly Dog pretty early for invisibility and some business/intimidation stuff. You usually end up just doing a menial job somewhere for 10 years. Think it's also because you get basically no advantage for doing it later. Generally do infamous as it gives decent superpower for cheap in a setting where most of the serious shit has already gone down. Simple regen and durability could easily be a lifesaver.
>>
>>46091642
>>46091766
Also a perk in 'The World Ends With You':
>Fashion Nonvictim (200 cp, Discount Fashionista): For you, there is no such thing as suffering for the sake of fashion. As long as you wear fashionable clothing, you will always be perfectly comfortable no matter the weather. You can make ill-fitting clothing look good on you with a couple subtle pins in the right places, and it'll always be comfortable no matter how big or small it is. Even in the thick of battle, you will be no worse off for your lack of armor- So long as you wear a single piece of armor, like a shoulderpad or gauntlet, your clothes will protect you as if they were a suit of armor made of the same material.

>>46090617
It's a fairly sized bar. You could probably fit a hundred people in there?
>>
>>46086233
Is it just me, or is PS238's F.I.S.S. perk really strong for a mostly non-lethal jump? I mean, you could take it very early in your chain and suddenly (if you focused on it to the exclusion of all else, which isn't so bad with the new arc) be invincible, fast, strong, and capable of flight. I mean, you can get all those powers later individually, but here you can get them all at once for a very modest investment.
>>
>>46091933
it's balance to the universe, and if you are an active super rather than just a kid it's about as deadly as any other superhero universe, more so since there isn't the whole not really dead thing that Marvel and DC have.
>>
>>46091881
>My memory of the series is fuzzy. What are the big dos and donts because I vaguely remember True Names had that Earthsea thing going on.
Basically it's just that if you know your True Name before anyone uses its against you, you gain godlike powers (and sometimes a split personality, I guess?). If someone uses it against you before you gain the powers, it doesn't seem to work. But if someone gains the power boost, but then gets controlled before their name is sealed, I think the power is retained and the person can still be controlled by their True Name.

Also, forgot to mention above, but no one in future jumps is going to have Skulduggery Pleasant style True Names. You may be able to learn how to compel people with their Given Name, though.
>>
>>46091933
It is, yeah. Given the person who made it it's generally considered a consequence of his incompetence. Though allegedly the series does become dangerous at some point, though since I haven't read it I can't confirm or deny and going by the jump it seems to be a fairly benign place.
>>
What jumps have got godly/ Divine origins? I've gotten some of the obvious ones like asura's wrath, percy jackson, smite and such but would like more. Demigod counts as well.
>>
>>46091966
Supernatural
>>
>>46091864
I think I remember someone saying Lapis Laazuli controlled an entire ocean, but I doubt you're getting that much for a 400 CP perk, so I don't know exactly. Seems to be pretty strong, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 434x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 434x442
LORD OF THE RINGS (5)
--LOCATION--
Rivendell
--RACE--
Human
--SKILLS--
•Archery (950cp)
•Forestry
•Horsemanship (850cp)
•Elven Grace (750cp)
•Sneakiness (650cp)
•Blood Of Kings (350cp)
--GEAR--
•Sword
•Bow (300cp)
•Elven Cloak (200cp)
•Famous Sword (Numenor) (0cp)

Ah, Rivendale the home of the Elves. What a pretty place, and full of pretty people. Kinda makes you sick, but hey they're Elves! I kinda grew up here, but you really never get use to the beauty. Unfortunately or fortunately for me, it would see my arrival here has signaled a group of Orcs to follow me. They tried to ambush me while I was on my way to Bree. Did them no good.

I went to Bree to basically link up with Aragorn and the Hobbits. I gave my word, which is my bond, that I would be part of the Fellowship. It was pretty tough, a lot of walking, horse riding, and even a few boat rides. Also ton of fighting, so it was pretty fun in that regard. I basically participated in every battle that had occurred over the time in the War of the Ring.

After the War of the Ring, I stayed in Rivendale and basically continued my life beforehand. It wasn't long before my journey here was up. It was a fun time, an adrenaline filled time, but still fun. I hope my next trip is as eventful.
>>
>>46091976
Already went there but ty.
>>
>>46091966
Valkyrie profile, doubly so if you take the homunculus body option.
Binbougami gives you the potential to become a god of mis/fortune.
Lord of Light (inb4 FAKERS anon) lets you become deities through technological advancement.
>>
>>46089918
Oh yeah, thanks. I don't make good posts at whenever in the morning, I think. Always forget one key bit of information.
>>
File: Sisters_of_Battle.jpg (90 KB, 620x565) Image search: [Google]
Sisters_of_Battle.jpg
90 KB, 620x565
>>46092045
>Lord of Light (inb4 FAKERS anon) lets you become deities through technological advancement.

As the Emperor intended
>>
>>46092045
IIRC in the books they were just psychics who bought their own hype, but for some reason Mir went on to say it's bonafide divinity after the jump. Not that big a deal since they're not like, Olympian gods or anything; they have really fine control over their purviews but the ones most often seen are just as squishy as regular humans.
>>
>>46092101
>IIRC in the books they were just psychics who bought their own hype, but for some reason Mir went on to say it's bonafide divinity after the jump. Not that big a deal since they're not like, Olympian gods or anything; they have really fine control over their purviews but the ones most often seen are just as squishy as regular humans.

>“Call themselves?" asked Yama. "You are wrong, Sam, Godhood is more than a name. It is a condition of being. One does not achieve it merely by being immortal, for even the lowliest laborer in the fields may achieve continuity of existence. Is it then the conditioning of an Aspect? No. Any competent hypnotist can play games with the self-image. Is it the raising up of an Attribute? Of course not. I can design machines more powerful and more accurate than any faculty a man may cultivate. Being a god is the quality of being able to be yourself to such an extent that your passions correspond with the forces of the universe, so that those who look upon you know this without hearing your name spoken. Some ancient poet said that the world is full of echoes and correspondences. Another wrote a long poem of an inferno, wherein each man suffered a torture which coincided in nature with those forces which had ruled his life. Being a god is being able to recognize within one's self these things that are important, and then to strike the single note that brings them into alignment with everything else that exists. Then, beyond morals or logic or esthetics, one is wind or fire, the sea, the mountains, rain, the sun or the stars, the flight of an arrow, the end of a day, the clasp of love. One rules through one's ruling passions. Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
>>
>>46091906
Thank you for bar size.
>>
>>46092073

It kind of looks like their system might have some chaos corruption though.
>>
>>46092280
Yama giving a pretty speech on how the gods are so much more than mere powerful mortals doesn't make it true. It just means that he's bought into the hype, too.
>>
>>46092280
Yeah, and Sam tells him he's full of shit literally in the next line

And long before that Sam and an old buddy had a chat about how they used to be perfectly ordinary dudes who picked up psychic implants during the war against the indigenous life

And after that it's Sam accuses Yama of only working for the "gods" because his waifu is on their side, and given Yama defects around the time his waifu decides she wants to be the new Brama i.e. a dude it's pretty much confirmed he was just grandstanding.
>>
>>46092280
>"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
>>
>>46092321
Actually while the system has its' flaws nobody mutates into/gets possesed by a demon or anything apart from Sam, who purposefully let the indigenous energy lifeforms out of their prison and got hijacked by one because he let it into himself.

The transfer-consciousness-into-conditioned-bodies process itself's real danger happen if the machinery is damaged during the transfer, which can cause brain damage, amnesia and loss of powers.
>>
>>46092370

You choose the wrong adjective.
>>
>>46092392
You've already used up all the others.
>>
>>46091729
Infamous: Durability, Regeneration, Bullet Time, Invisibility, Flight and some energy attacks. A big selection of useful powers and you're in very little danger as long as you keep your head down, so it's an ideal early jump.

Forgotten Realms: D&D magic is incredibly powerful and versatile, and with drawbacks you can make yourself the equivalent to a minor god, basically unkillable by any threat in-universe, just with in-jump options.
As a bonus you get to be a dragon (or other powerful altform, but dragons are best).
>>
>>46092351

The gods being fickle, indolent and arrogant is not a disproof of their divinity.

Feel free to post a definition of divinity or godhood that can exactly pin down what does or does not count.
>>
>>46092321
Nah, they killed or bound all their demons long ago. Their corruption is because of good old fashioned human weakness, nothing that can be blamed on others.
>>
>>46092428
>The gods being fickle, indolent and arrogant is not a disproof of their divinity.
It kind of is, since they're claiming to be the Hindu pantheon. Hinduism's cool like that, its gods tend to be fairly decent people, as gods go.
>>
>>46092428
The gods having been humans in the past is, however, evidence for on the balance of probabilities them being more akin to superpowered humans than bonafide forces of nature. Especially given how close Raid came to killing Yama.
>>
>>46092382

I was thinking more the part where you have a
a super powered upper class that gets all the luxuries, a peasant class that's made to toil for the benefit of the excessive upper class that gets all the benefits of the society besides immortality, and an even lower slave race of people turned into animals for not being good enough peasant servants.

That seems like at least some Slannesh, Nurgle, and maybe Tzeentch corruption to me.

Sure it's not a lot yet, but yet is the keyword.
>>
>>46092475
When a "death god" can be driven near to destruction by a man whose only advantages are good training and durable skin, that does imply that said god isn't the cosmic force he claims to be.
>>
>>46092498

There are gods from religions all over the world that are killable by mortals.

They're still gods.
>>
>>46092498
Exactly. Not to mention that a "goddess of destructive" has her identity destroyed after attempting to don the mantle of Brahma because of a machinery error.

>>46092494
Oh yes, that. I was thinking more in terms of actual Warp shenanigans.
>>
>>46092513
And those gods didn't start out as humans, or rely on technology to get their powers. When they do, they're usually called something different like the enlightened beings in Hinduism/Buddhism.
>>
File: 384.jpg (22 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
384.jpg
22 KB, 480x270
>>46088079
DO WANT!
>>
>>46092498
>>46092518

God of Death can be killed?
Goddess of Destruction is destroyed?

Heaven forbid that they be chained to narrative forces.
>>
>>46092513
But it does mean that they're not undying incarnations of universal principles.
>>
>>46086314
Drop-In [Free]
perks:
Pick a Name, Any Name - Skellyton Kid [100]
Dual Disciplines [200]
Real Nice Hair [Free]
Beautiful Sorrow [300] gotta be pretty, real pretty.
No Skin, Just Bones [600] Skeleton time!
A Vile Man [100] Spooky, scary
Magic:
Necromancy [300] Gotta stick to the theme.
drawbacks:
Argeddion Outta Here [+200]
An Exception To The Rule [+400]

So... Uh... Do I have the potential to learn another form of magic?

Regardless, I'm the Skellyton Kid. Shiny, metal, tiny skeleton. Who's also somehow smoking hot.
It's the bonestructure propably.

First order of business is dealing with Argeddion. Which will done mostly by proxy and clones if I can help it. Gonna be really glad for my immunities, especially the magic immunities.

After that, I'll drop in on the plot occasionally, just being the smug skelly kid in a suit helping out.
>>
>>46092545

Undying is an extraneous qualifier added onto the concept of "incarnation of universal principle".

Gods die all the time.
>>
File: take a drink.png (274 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
take a drink.png
274 KB, 1600x1000
So if I wanted to take Dragon-a fully sentient AI- with me as a companion-and I mean all of her, not just an artificial body with as much of her coding as possible on it-how would I go about doing that?
>>
>>46092577
Pod? I think there's also a canon companion option.
>>
>>46092577

Get her onto her main server complex and wheel them into the warehouse. Install cooling systems and upgrade your power supply.
>>
>>46092428

I like this definition. A being humans believe have magical powers that make them superior to humans, that will cause problems if you don't make buildings to praise them in and give other people stuff, but that their convinced will basically act as the magic equivalent of a butler for them.

Like seriously I think those are the only traits gods have in common.
>>
>>46092598

...that sounds about right.
>>
>>46092544
>>46092533
>>46092498
Arent all the norse gods basically mortals with buffs thanks to magic items like apples and wisdom water?
>>
Okay, not any of the Anons from before, but after some research I can safely confirm that the 'gods' from Lords of Light are simply incredibly powerful psychics, who even need an implant for that. Even their reincarnation system is flawed, as the original consciousness fades more and more with each rebirth.
>>
>>46092569
Not really the point. The point is that they're clearly of very limited ability, and don't have anywhere near godlike power. They're just humans with some neat abilities added on, as well as some advanced technology. They're not gods, just superhumans. And I know, you're going to say "where is it stated that a god needs to be powerful?". But we've already gotten rid of everything else. They're not immortal. They're not supernatural. They're not sacred. They're not of a higher ethical standard than humans. And they're not powerful. So by what standard do they deserve to be called gods?
>>
>>46092598
I would say gods are usually considered separate from the conventional kind of magic humans can use in settings where humans can use magic, otherwise yeah.

>>46092621
Not exactly; they were descended from Ymir, they need the apples to either stay young or retain their godhood (I forgot which) and they intermarry with the Jotuns sometimes (who don't seem to need any kind of sustenance to keep their own divine powers)
>>
>>46092626
>godlike power.

Define godlike power, such that all RL gods fit the categorisation.

If the weakest of RL mythological gods could be defeated by a LoL god, then "godlike power" is meaningless.
>>
>>46092643
Not that Anon, but they're based on the Hindu gods. Their RL counterparts would DESTROY them. In this context, godlike power MEANS godlike power
>>
>>46092643
By your reasoning then the Colonial British and Time Lords should also be considered gods.
>>
>>46092626

“Then the one called Raltariki is really a demon?" asked Tak.

"Yes—and no," said Yama, "If by 'demon' you mean a malefic, supernatural creature, possessed of great powers, life span and the ability to temporarily assume virtually any shape—then the answer is no. This is the generally accepted definition, but it is untrue in one respect."

"Oh? And what may that be?"

"It is not a supernatural creature."

"But it is all those other things?"

"Yes."

"Then I fail to see what difference it makes whether it be supernatural or not—so long as it is malefic, possesses great powers and life span and has the ability to change its shape at will."

"Ah, but it makes a great deal of difference, you see. It is the difference between the unknown and the unknowable, between science and fantasy—it is a matter of essence. The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom and the unknown. Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.”
>>
>>46092665

If a Time Lord declared itself to be a god, who would you be to deny it?
>>
>>46092688
Someone without his head up his ass because he takes flowery philosophical banter too seriously and who actually knows what they are in the DW canon.

Also I hope you've worshipped the Queen of England lately, since clearly our crops won't grow unless the British are appeased with their daily sacrifices of tea and crumpets.
>>
>>46092577
Are you going to companion Armsmaster/Defiant, too, or are you going to snatch his girlfriend away? Please tell me you're not NTRing him. Collin's actually one of my favorite characters in Worm. He starts off as a huge dick, sure, but he's one of the few characters in canon who has positive emotional growth and is a better person at the end of the story than he was at the beginning.
>>
>>46092626

What you're reduced to is a gut instinct, saying "this is not divine".

That's as good as anything else when it comes to religious matters.
>>
>>46092676
Lord of Light, Zelazny. Lovely book.
>>
87. Modern Action Movie
Perks: Both End of A Barrel, Opportunity Awareness (-200), Quick on the Draw (-200), Still Got It (-600)
Items: Rinky Dinky Pistol, Small Arm

Wow, this jump is sparse. There's not even an intro.

Anyway, yay, bullets. Woo. Threats to nuke my son's underwater civilization. More bullets. A helicopter chase scene ending in it being crashed into the side of a building by a shot from an RPG. Some time to catch my breath. A one-sided sexual tension with a woman on the approachable side of smoking hot. More bullets. Rescuing the woman on the approachable side of smoking hot. More bullets. Cool-sounding rebuttal to an insult against Americans/Freedom/claims of power.

Rinse. Repeat. Add new threats as necessary.

I'd be lying to say I had fun here after the first few major events. It was more a mundane sort of adrenaline rush after that. Like a roller coaster that you already memorized the layout of before getting on. It's fun, sure, the first couple times. Either way, there were 5 major events, but even with heart of a child it just all feels so flat the final time.
>>
>>46092732
I wasn't planing on waifuing her, no. I like Colin too, but an AI capable of operating multiple facilities at once is much more challenging to companion. Colin just needs a pod.
>>
>>46092710

And you seem to be someone who wants a mechanistic and scientifically exacting definition of godhood.

Which you won't get. Which Lord of Light even tells you is something you cannot get.

Definition and clarity is anathema to the divine.

They dwell in the unknowable reaches beyond.

Is there an unknowable aspect to the Aspect? Can you grasp the entirety of what it is to synchronise with the ebb and flow of the universe?
>>
>>46092734
It goes both way, though. Trying to assert divinity is entirely subjective as criteria leads to the questionable conclusion that the Colonial British are technically more powerful deities than YHVH because they have the technology to build iron chariots.

I think the main problem is what is and isn't defined as a god is usually clearly defined in most settings (Zeus is a god, Heracles is a demigod, Kronos is a titan etc) but Lord of Light is deliberately ambiguous about the precise definition and leaves readers to make their own conclusions to an extent-and at the same time, does spell out that all aspects of the setting, including demons and human consciousness, are purely scientific.
>>
>>46092533
>gods didn't start out as humans,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yu
>>
Quick question.

If I take No Sell in Tsukihime but then become a different type of vampire in the next jump, do my weaknesses return or do they still barely affect me?
>>
>>46092767
Okay, good. I approve of your decisions, then, friend. You are a cool dude in my book.

As for bringing Dragon with you, I suggest using the Amazo Backup Memory to make a data storage system imbued with a perfect memory perk to give it limitless storage capacity. You should probably grab the Amazo Backup Memory if you're working with Dragon anyway, can you imagine the things she could make with that?
>>
>>46092812

Agreed.

And the problem here is that it runs into many other settings with their own implicit assumptions, and also the reader's own instinct regarding divinity - and let's face it, for most of us that means Omnipotent Sky Father.
>>
>>46092818
Y'know what, fair enough. Other folks have brought up better points against it anyway.
>>
>>46092822
No Sell applies to supernatural weaknesses in general, not just Type-Moon vampire ones (or even vampires as a generic category). You'll still be protected by it.
>>
>>46092577
Buy the "Cape" companion option. You may want to unshackle her in-jump for best results, but Saint is a dick so you should do that anyway.
Then work out how she comes with you - an mainframe in your warehouse, one of her dragon suits, whatever.

Or you could buy the companion option for the Richter AI and fanwank that it's Dragon (or a perfect copy) with appropriate RP to convince her in-jump, but it's iffy because Dragon isn't "just" an AI - she also has a shard power. On the other hand the option is more expensive than the "Cape" one so i don't really see a problem, but i also don't see why you'd take it over option 1.
>>
>>46092688

Probably someone trying to screw up The Master's current plan to take over the universe.

>>46092822

Considering you don't need to be a vampire to take it, and it mentions options you can't get in that jump, I'd assume it's means for supernatural weaknesses in general.
>>
>>46092846
>>46092877

Thanks for answering.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>46091881
Ah right, didn't think of that aspect. Wasn't sure if the visions-immortality was like, ABSOLUTE Hourai Elixier-tier immortality or just like the kind of immortality serums that crop up in Harry Potter and such.

But fair enough, we really only wanted to taste some exotic cider and it'll make for a nice aperatif during the post-Spark celebration feast.

>>46092877
Hey, it could be Rassilon or the Valeyard's plan too.
>>
>>46092862
>implying I would ever not unshackle the morally-upright robot-building AI

Seriously, why wouldn't you free Dragon? She's the setting's biggest force multiplier. The stuff she made while chained included a mech that could repair itself by eating scrap metal. Not only that, her nature as an AI makes her omnidiciplinary. She can make medicine too. She puts anything Tony Stark at his most wanked could make to shame.
>>
File: 1428874316427.jpg (90 KB, 1003x747) Image search: [Google]
1428874316427.jpg
90 KB, 1003x747
>>46092769
>>46092812
This is a big problem I find in many settings, actually.

Either they say "[x] is a god because the setting says they are" and refuse to clarify on it, or it's just murky as the setting lets the reader decide whether something is a god or not, while either making hints whether they are or aren't depending on the beliefs of the writer at the time. On top of that, eastern and western beliefs about gods are so radically different that expectations seem to wildly vary.

I do feel however that the speech in >>46092280 both hits the mark... and doesn't hit the mark. Godhood does seem to imply some kind of embodiment, after all we see MANY different representations in different settings where a god has a specific 'domain' they have power over and have abilities relating to. It definitely implies expression and embodiment to some extent, but at the same time 'divine' at its base definition is 'of, from, or like God, or a god'. So just because something is 'divine' doesn't automatically equate to 'they're a god', which can further fuck things up.

Overall, I think >>46092836 pretty much hit it on the mark. Due to this muddied view and thanks to how prevalent some beliefs can be, a lot of times people default to "omnipotent sky father", which has definite risk of causing arguments of interpretation.

Which makes this kind of hilarious as the fourth Indiana Jones seriously summed it up the best.
>"Nazca Indians used to bind their infants' head with rope to elongate the skull like that."
>"Why?"
>"Honor the gods."
>"No, no. God's head is not like that, man."
>"Depends on who your god is."
>>
>>46092955
...I wast thinking more of "she's a genuinely good person who's suffered a lot" but I guess enlightened self interest works too.

I guess Saint and Teacher might have fans, although I'd be baffled to think of what they'd see in them.
>>
>>46086314
so how bad an idea is it to forcibly use real eater on China Sorrows to make her supernatural ugly? Because I hate that bich and want to punish her for all her mindrape.
>>
>>46093051
Did you miss the part where I said she was a good person? Yeah, she's great with tech, but she's also my favorite character in Worm.
>>
>>46092351
>>46092335
You two DO realize that it being an argument means that either interpretation can be correct so trying to sit there and wave your dick around saying 'NO NO GODS YOU CAN'T THINK OF THEM LIKE THAT" is wrong?
>>
>>46093096
No, I don't. Because that's counter to the whole theme of the novel, and if you had actually read it you'd know that. They're not gods, they never were, and anyone claiming differently is either deluded or taking advantage of you.
>>
>>46092475
Some of the greek ones were human. Psyche, Hercules, there's a whole list. Being human at some point doesn't disprove anything.

>>46093112
>Anon gets to decide what other people who have read the novel can feel about the work.
Your arrogance really is unbound, isn't it?
>>
File: ASAmusing.png (513 KB, 854x478) Image search: [Google]
ASAmusing.png
513 KB, 854x478
>>46093048
...huh. That would explain why one of the ayy lmaos squinted at Irina right before her head went boom. He was relieved she wasn't doing the weird head thing, and also kind of disappointed she was being weird in other ways.

"Oh shit guys, it's our 3 dimensional weirdo fanclub again. Uh, hold on-at least she's not doing the creepy head thing, maybe she's cool?

"...okay, she says she wants our literally unprocessable knowledge. I guess life must really suck for her to want to die in such a painful manner. Probably got kicked out of the fanclub for not having her head properly bent"

"Rest in piece, crazy brunette woman. This was the worst road trip I've ever been on"
>>
>>46093128
>Anon pretends he's actually read the novel and talks out of his ass about how it should be interpreted.
Wow, your stupidity really is unbound, isn't it?
>>
>>46093142
So that's a yes then? It really doesn't make your opinion look attractive when you're offensive and outright incapable of accepting other people's thoughts.
>>
>>46093128
Not him but those ones were descended from the gods though, and later converted into full gods by other means. But anyway as >>46092812 and >>46092836 points out this ultimately is left ambiguous because of the whole divinity-being-defined by narrative convention, and the fact that Lord of Light otherwise portrays literally everything else in the setting as purely scientific, like Worm. So ultimately there's no clear cut answer although the nonexistence of supernatural phenomena leads folks to form their own conclusions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.