[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degenesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: DegenesisRifleDude.jpg (65 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
DegenesisRifleDude.jpg
65 KB, 736x1040
Let's discuss Degenesis, the post-apocalyptic game that triggers /pol/.

On an unrelated note, I have a question for everyone. In my campaign, I've added an Apocalyptic NPC. She's not particularly smart or charismatic (a Battle Crow, not a Magpie), but I let her bypass the need for Cunning rolls by telling cheap half-truths. For instance, the Anabaptist asked her about Burn, and she replied "It's horrible stuff.", which satisfied him (and his player, who is cool with his character being as dumb as a brick), but if people call her on it should I have it be a test or is technical accuracy enough to bypass that? Should I make it more difficult, but still let them roll?
>>
>>46085792
>DegenesisRifleDude.jpg
>RifleDude
>Dude

Anyway, as for your inquiry, who cares, you're not supposed to make NPCs roll except for combat. If a player is suspicious, let him roll Empathy or whatever social skill is relevant, setting the difficulty to what you feel would be appropriate (so pretty low in that case).
>>
>>46085919
Well, yes, the NPC wouldn't roll, it'd be the PC doing that. But since the NPC doesn't have particularly high stats (they actually originally were drawn from a premade character packet I made), she happens to have full stats regardless.

I'm more asking about whether or not it's considered a "dirty trick" to use overly exact language: She gives a half-truth, players ask if she's lying, and I imply that she isn't.
>>
>>46085792

I am /pol/.

This triggers me.

REEE.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.