[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally got around reading this novel, and holy shit it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Umbra Sumus.jpg (377 KB, 1050x1600) Image search: [Google]
Umbra Sumus.jpg
377 KB, 1050x1600
So I finally got around reading this novel, and holy shit it's been a while since the last time I enjoyed a 40k read this much.
It's everything a book about a fairly unknown chapter should be.

>good exposition of the chapter, you quickly know their history, their members, their way of life, their culture
>actually showing the chapter in a tight spot, being a poor chapter in bumfuck nowhere, having trouble replenishing their losses and maintaining their equipment due to lack of techmarines
>Standard Codex Chapter with variations here and there, like marines using cameleoline, and going back into the scout company once in a while after becoming full fledged marines because they felt like it
>Master of the Forge is actually a dreadnought that has been active since the Second Founding. Not alive, ACTIVE, awake 24/7. Suck on that Bjorn.
>Likeable cast of characters, with broloves and petty rivalries
>Obvious and expected sheer badasserie of the IG
>Nicely written, even if the scenario is simple as fuck, bo twist and turns every pages, looking at you Ahriman.
>Fairly epliogue though, maybe he thought he'd work on a sequel?

Really my biggest problems were minor fluff complaints, like SM apothecary not thinking of retrieving the geneseed on living marines before sending them on a suicide mission,or eldar paths not being shown as they were in Path of the Eldar, so not that much.

Really I feel sorry for Kearney to have been fucked on legalstuff over this book, he could have been a truely good long term addition to the BL writers.
Seriously boys, go find a torrent and read it. Or if someone can tell me if it's possible to change epub into pdf, I could try to post it here.
>>
>good exposition of the chapter, you quickly know their history, their members, their way of life, their culture

Why would you need exposition on the Ultramarines?
>>
>>46080954
Because that's not the Ultramarines?
>>
>>46080954
Lol this anon
>bu-but they are blue
>>
>>46080740
>Seriously boys, go find a torrent and read it. Or if someone can tell me if it's possible to change epub into pdf, I could try to post it here.

Is it not possible to upload a epub?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.