[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
News saying GW returns to organized play & pts System for AoS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: GAMA-schedule-march16th.jpg (58 KB, 644x265) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-schedule-march16th.jpg
58 KB, 644x265
Sry it's bols, but you know, still newsworthy...

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/03/bombshell-games-workshop-returns-to-organized-play.html
>>
I'm not the kind of person who constantly whines about everything GW does, but it is kind of frustrating how they flip flop all the time.

First they say they're not a games company but a model company, then they churn out tons of board games and now bring back competitive play.

I mean, it's a smart idea, adding points to AoS and catering to the clearly present tournament-enjoying customer base, but why didn't you just do this shit in the first place instead of axing tournaments and fantasy points?

Like, I'm not about to praise GW for acting like a retard for years and then suddenly getting their act together. This is what they should have been doing in the first place. You know, the same shit every other successful miniatures games company has been doing since the start.
>>
40k is absolute garbage for competitive play. Players constantly have to house rule shit that is and isn't allowed just to have a game that doesn't end in being tabled by whatever cheesy bullshit model GW are trying to shill that month.

For tight rules suitable for tournaments, there's stuff like Warmahordes and Dropzone Commander, suits the time constraints of tournament rounds so much better and at least an attempt is made to balance these games.
>>
>>46081119

We just need to keep improving on the globally accepted house rules and fixing GW's retardation.

Pokemon is a complete shit game for competitive play too, but Smogon made it work. When you can turn a game that features Mewtwo and Rayquaza and turn it into a competitive system where the biggest complaints come down to 50/50 predictions and 10-30% chance of missing/being paralyzed/frozen, I think that's pretty good.

It just shows 40k can be made competitive you just need a shit ton of revisions.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.