[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/40krpg/ General Part 3.14: THE RETURN OF PSYCHIC FLAMERS Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: dh19_background_800x600.jpg (148 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dh19_background_800x600.jpg
148 KB, 800x600
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Shield of Humanity PDF
https://mega.nz/#!xlRWBaiI!MmOEkMse0wHVsyLDGbZJVGUXgVEuB9lWSyVl6ZhvgGM

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zfoc5jo7s7vrb5/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

>Previous Thread
>>46006429

So, now That OP has dug into Enemies Beyond, what do you all think of it? Personally, I love it. I missed all of the extra heretical stuff from 1E.
>>
>>46075121
What's the difference between 1st and 2nd ed Dark Heresy?
>>
>>46075396
Apart from the setting being in different sectors, 2E is a bit more polished, and certain things like Righteous Fury and the game's economy have been fundmentally changed. In addition, chargen and progression is more free form, like some of the later systems like BC and Only War.

With some of the expansions adding player favourites like Minor Psychic Powers, daemon weapons, possessions, dark pacts, and hilariously broken Xeno weapons back in, the differences are shrinking, and the two systems are similar enough that the massive armoury and gear sections of 1E and its expansions are for the most part compatible. Bolters are a bit different I think, and you'll have to sub out Thrones for what you feel is an appropriate Acquisition test, but most statlines are plug and play with 2E.

Oh, and Inquisitor is officially an Elite advance for 1000xp, and unlocks some REALLY BROKEN SHIT. I tend to just invoke Rule 0 wheever a player wants to start as an Inquisitor. Its arguably worse than first time players rolling a psyker.
>>
>>46075546
Considering you need 75 influence, I don't see how anyone would be starting as an inquisitor anyway. Unless you're being retardedly generous with how much you're dishing out.
>>
>>46075601
Had a player when 2E first launched who felt that was "optional" wouldn't hear otherwise, so I claimed rule zero and told him to calm the fuck down.
>>
>>46075546
>I tend to just invoke Rule 0

Any time a GM feels the need to invoke Rule 0, it's a great time to invoke Rule -1.
>>
Hang on...

I'm reading the background for the Astronomicon Relay Station The Emperor's Song.

Apparently, the Administratum, of all people, stopped the bickering between Navigators, and the Astra Telepathica, apparently spurred by a few ships being lost to the Pandaemonium.

Did FFG just make the Administratum... noblebright? Even briefly?
>>
>>46076422
It's probably all part of the plan to have them recover the ships from the Pandemonium so they can steal the lost crew's inevitable children and drink the blood to sustain their youth. The children were born without registration so clearly aren't Human, and this clearly isn't heresy.
>>
>>46069391
Love?
>>
File: qujaD1x.jpg (110 KB, 889x899) Image search: [Google]
qujaD1x.jpg
110 KB, 889x899
>>46076660
bump
>>
What happends when you get 2 of the same aptitudes in DH 2nd E. For example I get offence 2 times when making a character
>>
>>46079030
You can replace one with a characteristic aptitude, so if you lack strength or something you could pick that up. But not something like leadership or finesse.
>>
>>46079030
You get to, instead of the duplicate, take any one Characteristic (Weapon Skill, Toughness etc.) Aptitude of your choice.
>>
File: john.blanche.warhammer.031[1].jpg (232 KB, 846x1200) Image search: [Google]
john.blanche.warhammer.031[1].jpg
232 KB, 846x1200
>>46075546
No Discordant advance so far ?
I really liked being a gremlin in 40k.

>>46069391
Penance. Bring the light of the Emprah to unexplored worlds.
Make her a Repentia (back when they a bit more than SM fetish material)
>>
>>46079051
>>46079068
ok, thanks Anons
>>
How can I make a skitarii character in dark heresy?
>>
File: skitarius-by-john-blanche.jpg (302 KB, 380x709) Image search: [Google]
skitarius-by-john-blanche.jpg
302 KB, 380x709
>>46079347
There's a class like that in one of the 1E supplements. Have to be a techpriest to get it though.
>>
>>46079347
1E has the Inquisitor's Handbook and the Lathe Worlds. The former gives you the Secutor and the latter has the Crimson Guard.

Secutor turns your techpriest into a walking tank, while the Crimson Guard is basically Guardsmen techpriest, with all the flashy toys that implies.
>>
>>46079347
>DH1
>Crimon Guard
>DH2
>Tech Priest -> Assassin / Desperado / Warrior
>>
>>46079464
Warrior or Crusader would make equally viable options I'd say, with the techy aptitude coming from Forge World/Mechanicus background.

Long as you import the...Sollex Mining Aegis as I recall it was called? A third arm with a big drill on it. Wheeeee
>>
>>46079347

Fulff Skitarii, use the crimson guard or just play a guardsman with a lot of cybernetics.

Codex abomination skitarii, well, you're on your own.
>>
>>46079447
Lathe Worlds was shit. Never seen anything so outrageously OP in my life.
>>
>>46080155

Lathe Worlds was fine. Even the Crimson Guard began to fall off in the late game, despite having a strong early game.
>>
What are some things your group just NOPEed out of in-character?
>>
>>46081193
GM had some Rak'Gol appear out of nowhere at the end of second session. I NOPEd out of there fast, and had to convince our battle-hungry Arch-Militant that our ship wouldn't survive the battle and that we were outclassed.
>>
So, I'm leaning towards flavoring this 40k Jedi Order as a bunch of unsanctioned psyckers that trained to harness their powers and still serve the Emperor.

The questions I have to answer now are
>How radical should they be considering that in order to keep a handle on their powers they put a higher emphasis on the Jedi Code (replace Force with Warp or some shit) than the do on serving the Emperor?
>How large are they?
>How well known are they within their home sector? Within the Imperium as a whole?
>How do neutral-minded officials view them? (Puritans will obviously want them dead, Radicals will likely allow, but what of those in between?)

If anyone wants to offer input or opinions on these, go ahead and do so. Otherwise just count it as me thinking out loud.
>>
>>46081799
>99
Fuck.jpg
>>
>>46081799
>>46081860
Seem you have the favor to tzeench.
>>
>>46081799
So to get this down to brass tacks you are making a martial order of unsanctioned psykers who try to serve the emperor through their own methods and actions?

They strapped some rockets on this road to radicalism. But i can dig it, so lets see here. Question sort of becomes how they interact with the other bodies of the Imperium, if they are fully custom are they a sanctioned branch of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica? Independent and unrecognized? You really have to answer that first before you can fill in more.
>>
OP just finished reading through EB.

So, after everything they've added, is there anything left from 1E you want back/updated? Or maybe something new?

Personally, I really want the IH gear and armoury back. I miss the .54 Tranter
>>
>>46083466
Updated weapons, armor, and accessories are always good.
>>
>>46083660
Doesn't even need to be IH specifically. Could be marketed as "Munitorum stockpile" or some shit.
>>
>>46083725
I did like the idea and part of the execution of variant weapon patterns in Hammer of the Emperor.
>>
>>46083466
I liked the background packages in DH1. I think they're kind of doing similar things in DH2 with listing the specific homeworlds, but I feel like more of those would be nice--and also maybe increasing the number of backgrounds available, or allowing some kind of modular trait/special ability replacement. Maybe they'll cost XP or something, I dunno. I'm one of those people that thinks that more options at chargen is usually a good thing.
>>
>>46084306
If they could update the 1E level replacement things I've forgotted the name of, and brand the book as "Calixian Reinforcements" or something, that'd be great.

I want my Metallican Gunslinger back.
>>
>>46075396
2e is more polished mechanically. 1e has better fluff and advice on how to actually run a DH game.

Personally, I don't care for the aptitude system at all. It has all the drawbacks of classless and class systems with none of the benefits. However, I can see the appeal for people who desperate for any flexibility and don't/can't homebrew.
>>
>>46084426
Elite advances?
>>
>>46084474
That was it.

I think I got confused because they kinda changed Elite Advances in 2E.
>>
>>46084518
Yeah. Whereas in 1e it was just "ask your GM to pay extra XP for shit not on your career list," now it's a whole extra thing that kind of fundamentally changes your character.

They could certainly do with more of those that aren't psyker-related, though--at the moment, exactly TWO elite advances don't have to do with the warp. One is Inquisitor, one is Sister of Battle.
>>
File: Astra Ingcognita.png (2 MB, 1437x915) Image search: [Google]
Astra Ingcognita.png
2 MB, 1437x915
Anyone want to read through and offer comments on my Rogue Trader group's adventures?

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?768460-Rogue-Trader-Astra-Incognita

Watch an Eldar-addled deviant Rouge Trader, a nihilistic french Arch Militant, a dishonoured navy Void Master, and a manipulative Seneschal who works for the Navigator house go beyond the Rifts of Hecaton and fuck shit up. Featuring at least 3 apocalypses unleashed so far.
>>
>>46084741
A book of only elite advances and weapons/armor/mods and stuff would be great.
>>
>>46075396
I am a player who always played first edition Dark Heresy, and I decided to create a one shot for my group, including my master, after we finished a major campain. (I have a good knowledge of Warhammer lore and I'm familiar with the system).

I decided to download the second edition, because I though it would be more complete and had nice addition but, at the time I decided to roll a random character (We ran all campains using random characters) with one of the guys I found it incredibly different.

First of all, second edition lacks the commodity of having tables for character generation, and they were comfy as hell. No. Let me correct that, they eliminated completely random generation.

Also, some talents brought by Home Worlds are different, base stats distribution in random is completely different, also in second edition they implemented roles (they are pretty much a more specific perk you can give to your character that's not related to your talents/skills/job)

And Aptitudes.

Overall nice addition, but the manual looks very confusing if we confront it with first edition.

Also Home Worlds doesn't give 29383 different special traits that most of the cases were useless but helped to build up the lore and your character. I kinda of miss that.

I'm looking forward on reading all the thousand of extra supplements from First and Second edition, but I will use First Edition system because I'm more familiar with it (and the other players too) Maybe putting into the mix the more interesting concepts from 2E in.

Maybe from Rogue Trader too.
>>
>>46082295
>They strapped some rockets on this road to radicalism. But i can dig it, so lets see here. Question sort of becomes how they interact with the other bodies of the Imperium, if they are fully custom are they a sanctioned branch of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica? Independent and unrecognized? You really have to answer that first before you can fill in more.

They probably couldn't be a sanctioned branch because unsanctioned psyckers are a huge no. Unless they were primarily sanctioned psyckers but also hid unsanctioned ones within but that would be a rather razor thin line to walk.
>>
>>46084991
So, IH?

You just described IH.
>>
>>46085204
More of it and other stuff.
>>
>>
>>46085745
Yeah, I think we can all guess what happened there
>>
File: 1449540588526.jpg (933 KB, 2000x2044) Image search: [Google]
1449540588526.jpg
933 KB, 2000x2044
>>46085745

Got a link to the generator?

>>46085899

Yup.
>>
>>46086176
Is that the one on suptg?
>>
File: DH 2 Random Chargen.png (420 KB, 1606x715) Image search: [Google]
DH 2 Random Chargen.png
420 KB, 1606x715
>>46085084

So I made a basic table for random character generation for DH II. You can reroll anything in yellow.

Want to roll up some weirdos?
>>
>>46086721
OP here, I'm stealing this and putting in the MEGA link.

As soon as my internet stops being ass.
>>
>>46086815

Hooray!
>>
>>46086869
My phone's connection is faster than this.

What did I do to make Eastlink forsake me? I haven't pirated shit in months.
>>
File: screenshot.25.jpg (34 KB, 1516x860) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.25.jpg
34 KB, 1516x860
Been stuck on this for five minutes now.

I left BellAliant because of this shit, don't you start shit too now.
>>
File: 1344218006361.png (147 KB, 929x697) Image search: [Google]
1344218006361.png
147 KB, 929x697
>>46086897

Light some incense, pray to the Machine God, and reset your holy router?
>>
>>46085084
>Also Home Worlds doesn't give 29383 different special traits that most of the cases were useless but helped to build up the lore and your character. I kinda of miss that.
If you're referring to like the old background packages, then no, not really. There are *specific* homeworlds in the splats so far for 2e that modify things to an extent, but not like spending 300xp for Living Nightmare or whatever.

On the other hand, FFG's website (and possibly the mega? I dunno, I haven't looked) has companions for core and all three splats so far including tables for customization shit--builds (as in body shape), height and weight, hair and eye colors, quirks, superstitions/traditions, etc. etc.

I love them so much.
>>
>>46086949
I've got one of those fucking Maestro boxes, there's no way to restart it outside of unplugging it, and its also handles the TV, and I think the phone line runs through it, even though that's got its own box in the basement.

And if the phone line DOES run through it, that'll set off the alarm, and then I have to talk to the security company, and wake everyone in the house up. Plus, last time I tried that with this fucking box, it didn't work.

I do miss normal routers. But it was get fucked in the ass by Bell, or switch to what until now has been really good, really stable internet for a ethernet connection in this shitstain province.

>>46086969
Whenever MEGA loads for me, I'll check.
>>
I just straight plugged my laptop into the stupid thing, seems to be working better.

So I think the box's wireless transmitter is fucked. Both of them, it puts out conventional and 5G
>>
>>46087016
I looked in the primary link, boss, looks like only the core book supplement is in it. I can add the others to the thread, but not the mega, if you want?
>>
>>46087127
I just looked myself, the file Character Creation Supplement is the one with the appearance and quirks stuff, there's also a file called Character Creation Tables that's just a plain text table, uses d100 to roll home world and background. Still will add the picture, post links to any other pdfs you want added, will do it while I've got this thing connected via Ethernet.
>>
OK PNG file's in, seems to have changed the display of that folder, but w/e
>>
>>46087202
>Enemies Within chargen supplement
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/46/1a/461a3018-6ea3-4f47-a637-7883bd46b850/enemies_within_character_creation_supplement_web.pdf

>Enemies Without chargen supplement
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/65/52/6552dcd9-9b16-48b5-9057-fa494cdd3ad7/enemies_without_character_creation_supplement.pdf

>Enemies Beyond chargen supplement
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/42/45/42451a2d-fe58-41d6-b610-0c06984f5ec8/enemies_beyond_character_creation_supplement.pdf

These add the same things as the core book supplement for all the options presented in the three splats.
>>
>>46087250
I'll add them.

If anyone is good with messing around with pdf files, maybe they could try piecing them all together into one master supplement?

Maybe that wonderful anon who long ago stripped that fucking drivethrurpg watermark with my goddamn name and order number off the EW and GM Kit pdfs in the MEGA folder.
>>
Everything is uploaded, and I'm fucking tired.

And because my internet has deteriorated again, to the point I can't watch Beaglerush's TNX stream, I'm going to bed. If anyone finds more pdfs to be added, post 'em, I'll get around to uploading them later.
>>
>>46081799
>40k
>Jedi
>unsanctioned psykers
PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!
>>
>>46081799
dh2
High WS+Warpspeed

Add lightning strikes and telekinesis or dominate.
Bam, you've got a Jedi
>>
does Cleansing Flame only hit a single target despite its Spray quality because it's a Psychic Bolt (rather than a Psychic Blast like Destructor)?
>>
>>46090686
No, it just means that you don't generate additional hits as though it was a barrage or storm.
>>
>>46090858
To clarify, it still is a spray weapon. If it was a barrage, it would generate another spray per two degrees of success and if it was a storm, another spray per degree of success, both up to effective psy rating.
>>
>>46090858
>>46090873
what's the distinction between having a psychic bolt or having a psychic blast, with spray, if any? can Destructor originate from a point designated by the warlock rather than from the warlock directly because you designate a point in space with a psychic blast?
>>
>>46090935
From how blast and destructor is worded, yes.
>>
Im getting into Dark Heresy and GMing for the first time, do you guys have any tips in general and for a noobie GM on building a convincing world/setting?
>>
>>46091015
Remember that anybody could be a heretic if needed.
>>
>>46081799
>unsanctioned psyckers
That means that you're a witch, and witches should be BURNED.

That said, why unsanctioned? It could just as easily be an order of psykers within the Astra (there has been a few mentioned in this thread).
>>
>>46091087
This.
As an unsanctioned psyker, unaffiliated with any group, you are at the mercy of any ecclesiarchal fuck that decides you need to die, or worse, a witchhunter, especially if you get exposed.
Being a part of the Inquisition will NOT save you from such a thing, and worse, will have your entire warband damned for Suffering the Witch, and it will only go uphill from there.
>>
>>46075601
>>46075546

I was considering about making one or two of my players Inquisitors, just because of the number of players that want to play my game.

I was hoping it'd help if someone else was micromanaging the party(ies) and the book gives tips and rules for player 'I's.

Ideas? Tips? Should I just allow the Inquisitors that xp or give them similar levels?
>>
>>46079097
It's fun being both Discordant and Blank. Nobody gets to have fun! Fuck over heretics and hereteks alike!
>>
So our Squad in OW has no members who are even slightly competent at social skills. All the players and the GM are new to 40k rpg, but we're having a shit ton of fun with Micheal Bay-tier heroics and learning the rules at a quite good pace (We're not freeformbullshitting, but we're still getting a handle on it- we only just realized you were limited to one Attack/Concentration action a turn for example)

My questions for you guys are: How the fuck do we handle equipment progression over time and missionspecific gear issuance? Also what are some good tips for approaches that don't involve charging forward screaming FOR THE EMPRAH? Our combats have been balanced to support that style so far but at the request of all of us players we're leveling things up so that approach is a good way to die now that we've got the combat system almost down.
>>
>>46092406
First and foremost, do you trust these players?
Being a bonafide inquisitor is a recipe for a power trip without the experience to use it wisely, and if the inquisitor fucks up, then the entire warband goes down with him.
Next, an inquisitor in the party means that resource issues cease. Account for that.
You said micromanage the parties, but I don't see that happening since everything must run by you to begin and end with, and worse, that means the players must, by dint of your judgment, bend the knee to another player, which leads us back to the first point.
I, personally, would not do this unless I knew the group and the people in it very well, and trusted them to act appropriately.
>>
>>46092629
>is a good way to die
That is the POINT, NOW FIX BAYONETS!
But seriously, the face first approach can continue to work so long as the PLAYERS are tactically sound.
Call in friendly artie to soften up positions you know you need to hit, adjust gear for the mission at hand.
If you need to do building clearing, frags, smoke, stun grenades, flammerwerfens and shotguns with swat style room clearing tactics.
If you need to cross a battlefield, get someone out there with big guns to lay covering fire, lasguns on overload, assault bandoliers (belts with several frags linked to a single trigger) to taste, smoke to cover your approach.
As for GETTING gear, you can, gm allowing, have your CO go to bat for you if it is critical gear.
>>
>>46092748
Yeah there are a few players that are excellent role players, good leaders, and play well with power.

I already have one playing as a Co-Gm with a GMPC and he does both excellent. The other is a good roleplayer and works well with the power. I trust both of them enough to do it.

Basically I was gonna have to positions open for Inquisitors. Elect at least one player and have them co-op against heresy with their warbands.

The players don't normally have a problem with another player being a face/leader or being elected as lead investigator which makes me wonder if I should then just let the Inquisitors have 'I' stats alone, or let everyone level similarly and just play high ranked games.

Resources are sure easier to gather, with the Inquisitor directly acquiring them, but too many resources drawn all together brings a lot of attention, so I'm not too worried about that.
>>
/tg/ what's your opinion on Silent Sisterhood? Should they be alive and available as potential characters/npcs in Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader? I would very much like to include them because I find them super awesome, but wouldn't want to introduce too much of a game breaking effect (super silence op).
>>
>>46092907
>I trust both of them enough to do it.
Then that is a start.
I'd do this:
>Oi, yous grots, lissen!
>Dis mobs gettin too big, so wes need a boss ta go wit da warboss, ME!
>I's nomiknate dees two boyz, deh's good and dont muck about
>Cuz I'm BOSS, yous git ta vote on da new sekend boss, wit no caps
Or something like that.
>>
>>46092958
>what's your opinion on Silent Sisterhood
Dat ass.
>>
>>46092998

That's great and screen capped
but I still don't know if I want to start everyone else at base stats or buff them as well...idk I guess I'll ask them if there isn't a suggestion
>>
>>46093097
Cut it in the middle, then.
Players all start with 4k xp.
Inquisitor players get an extra 2k.
>>
File: treasure.gif (7 KB, 130x142) Image search: [Google]
treasure.gif
7 KB, 130x142
>>46093127
Thanks for the numbers, Anon
>>
>>46081799
Calixis Templar
>>
>>46094064
Please do not do that. This is not a fast-moving board. Things will not vanish if they don't get bumped every hour. Dreads with even a little bit of interest can last days. You are just wasting the post count. If you have to bump, please do so with some kind of content.

Question: what is the most brutally unfair encounter your GM has ever presented to your party?
>>
>>46094292
We faced a zombie horde surrounding a water treatment plant. He mentioned that some of the zombies were clad in red overalls, we figured they were uniforms and the zombies were former workers.

Turns out it was an epic meme reference and the zombies in red are actually michael jackson thriller zombies and as long as they're alive the Zombies can somersault and backflip out of the way of everything, giving them +20 dodge. A horde with Dodge, at +20. He ruled that flamers and blast didn't do the extra damage because the thriller zombies were just that deft and nimble. We didn't survive. Nor did the campaign.
>>
>>46094292
I honestly don't think anything beats the opening to the All Guardsman Party, and subjecting the players to a few sessions worth of glorious IG meatgrinder hardening.
>>
>>46094292
House of Dust and Ash was pretty rough. First we fought a horde before horde rules existed, so it was actually like 30 individual guys against like six of us. Then I did the bossfight at the end of the book on my own and learned Swift Attack really sucks when you can only make one parry a turn.
>>
>>46075121
In Dark Heresy original, do enemies die when they reach 0 wounds, or do they die when they reach the appropriate level on the critical damage tables?
Is critical damage for separate limbs tracked separately? Could an enemy be at 0 wounds, 3 critical left arm, 4 critical right arm, and 2 critical chest?
>>
>>46094292
>Please do not do that.
Anon, you clearly haven't been looking at where this thread is.
The posting is slow enough, and the board fast enough that after an hour, it will be on page 10. It's bumped for a reason, and if you don't lurk these threads enough to know that, you have no right to talk down to others.
>what is the most brutally unfair encounter your GM has ever presented to your party?
None, really. If shit was that bad, we ran.
>>
>>46094623
nameless mooks should die around 0 wounds, or maybe a tiny bit into the negatives. Elite enemies should go pretty far into critical damage, but only NPCs with Touched by the Fates should be treated the same as the PCs.

At least, that's how I do it.
>>
>>46094623
>In Dark Heresy original, do enemies die when they reach 0 wounds, or do they die when they reach the appropriate level on the critical damage tables?
No, all npcs are supposed to follow the track. However, it's a common houserule that mooks die at 0 or -5 wounds.
>Is critical damage for separate limbs tracked separately? Could an enemy be at 0 wounds, 3 critical left arm, 4 critical right arm, and 2 critical chest?
No, all wounds count towards the single total.
>>
>>46094731
>>46094743
Thank you much.
>>
>>46094763
It's cool, mang, ask questions, get answers.
How would you go about allowing a player to build a servoskull/servitor?
>>
>>46094787
trade technomat+ medicae+ proper facilities
depends on what it wants to do, a lot.
Servoskull would probably mostly be satisfied by techuse, trade armorer, and technomat.

For the purposes of DH 1e. Rogue Trader I'd just let the Explorator do it (or hand it off to a minion) and I don't know later versions/games..
>>
Alright here's an "out there" question.

In the rare occurrence that an NPC Inquisitor gets directly involved in a campaign, and eats it, have your or your GMs ever done a funeral? I'm not talking "Fuck, bury him quick, we need to get moving," I mean recovered at the end, and his colleagues in the =][= decide to honor him? Its just, I had this weird thought as I was walking back from Subway earlier today. Have we ever seen, in any 40k media, how the Inquisition deals with their dead when given the time? Is it like any other Imperial citizen, shipped off to a cemetery world, or does the =][= have their own thing they do?
>>
>>46094843

Inquisitors never die
they just go MIA
>>
>>46094843
Eisenhorn.
They named shit after them.
>>
>>46094832
When your the RT, "Let X do it" is the appropriate answer to 3/4 of life's problems.
>>
>>46094918
>>46094918
*you're

Still sleep deprived, I guess. Listening to my dog cry all night because she finally twigged that Wylie isn't coming home does that.
>>
>>46094992
>Wylie isn't coming home
Anon, explain.
>>
>>46095175
Wylie was my 13 year old black lab/yellow lab mix. Big dog, friendly. Bit twitchy, barked at the wind.

He developed Old Dog Vestibular Disease, the canine version of vertigo, only no one know what causes it outside of, well, being old. He couldn't keep his head still, his eyes were twitching, he couldn't stand, and he was hyper-ventilating. It passed after four days. Except he couldn't stand. We thought "OK, give him a little longer, it'll be fine." And then my mom found him having a petit mal seizure. That's when we figured out something else had snuck up on him while he was stuck laying down for four days, some kind of nerve issue, maybe the whole thing was caused by a brain tumour. But he started deteriorating, so we took him back to the vet, and they agreed that this was no way for him to live. So we put him to sleep.

The younger one, Abby, took about a day to figure out what had happened. She went from hyper, always bouncing off the walls, to spending the entire day laying down, never running, and whining at night.

I'm not ashamed to admit it was the first time I've cried about something not related to my anger in almost a decade. There was a period growing up where Wylie was the only friend I had.
>>
>>46095352
Anyways, I didn't mean to bring everyone down with my bullshit, and I don't want to kill my own thread with it either.

Anyone have a character idea rolling around in their head they've yet to try out? I want to do a Metallican Gunslinger scum who hires himself out for duels press-ganged into the =][= to avoid a death sentence for accidentally killing a noble in a non-lethal duel, in front of a bunch or Arbites.
>>
>>46095352
nice blog faggot
>>
Would it be possible for a human/dark eldar to have a gretchin/snotling pet? They're cowards and might appreciate sanctuary from the constant abuse from the orks.
>>
File: 1214088140602.jpg (46 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
1214088140602.jpg
46 KB, 599x449
What weapons you guys are rolling? How many of you only go with poor quality lasgun to share between three of you because of muh grittiness?

Our dark heresy group has a couple of hot-shot lasguns, a plasma rifle, a few bolt and auto pistols pistols and a needler. Nothing too extravagant.
>>
Rogue Trader ship question : My players lost their vessel during a battle against a Chaos fleet and need a replacement. I thought about giving them a ride on one of the merchant vessels on site, but then they reminded me that the Imperial fleet had a couple of ships designed for planetary assault around the planet, and the Navy kinda owes them since they saved the day during that battle.
So I'm fleshing out their new ship, with things like invasion bridge, bombardment cannons and hangars/barracks everywhere. And massive jammers and vox-systems to broadcast battle hymns everywhere on the planet during the invasion. However, I'm still unsure about the hull.
What are your suggestion for such a vessel ? Would a Star Galleon be a good choice or is there other hulls better suited for the task ? Don't hesitate if you have any components or quirks in mind, either.

Besides, are imperial ships supposed to be able to land ? The books are very vague on that, unless I've missed it.

>>46092629
>how the fuck do we handle equipment progression over time
Black market or calling in favors.
>no members who are even slightly competent at social skills
Oh... Looting and overpriced black market, I guess. Some trophies like the medals of an enemy officer or heretical scrolls, if your players don't care about that kind of stuff should fetch a good price.

>>46092604
I believe being blank (or a psyker) prevents you from taking the Discordant trait in 1st ed.
>>
>>46096760
Dark Eldar would just use it as a torture pet. Humans would kill it for not being human. The Tau, on the other hand, and try to liberate as many as they could from the Orks. This would lead to massive infestations of Graz and snap rings on Tau worlds.
>>
>>46096760
Gretchin, if I'm not mistaken, were created to be the Ork's bitch boys, just like every other Orkoid. I don't think they even can feel pissy about getting kicked around. And while an RT MIGHT get away with Sanctioned Xenos, it won't fly with a gretchin. The Imperium views them as pests. At least they consider the Orks a threat on a case to case basis. Some might even accept that they are in some way sentient. No one is sanctioning a Gretchin, they don't see the point.
>>
>>46096864
Our Admiral just made our Ogryn a Lieutenant after our latest session (There's context there). I guess that will help us get hold of equipment?
>>
>>46096864
> I'm still unsure about the hull
Use aircraft carriers with landing bays full of dropships and atmospheric air support craft. In the end, it doesn't matter how many kilo-tonn shells you can land in the general direction of the enemy positions, what does matter is your ability to land enough troops in the first wave to ensure they hold the LZ before second wave arrives.

>Besides, are imperial ships supposed to be able to land ?

Of course. Even a child could do that.
Not exploding on landing gets difficult though, especially with capitalships.
Taking off by yourself afterwards is virtually impossible.
>>
>>46094843
The zecond part of The Emperor Protects spat for DW deals with that a little. If one of the Inquistors bites it, there's a funeral service at Erioch, with a few people speaking some words and then they shoot his casket into space.
>>
>>46095904

I just wanna play as my Adeptas Sororitas waifu.
Intelligent and aspiring Inquisitor whose knowledge and resourcefulness is what draws the attention of a mentor.
Along with an exorcised mutant who practices Maelific sorcery. Runs suicide missions for a radical inquisitor
>>
>>46096814
I usually roll with some mix of:
2 laspistols
Great weapon
Sword
2 knives
Bow
6 grenades
>>
>>46096814
My DH(1) party has a sister of battle laden with 500-odd bullets (no, I don't know why either), a hunting rifle (to abuse accurate + Basic weapon), and a bolter with very limited ammunition; my assassin with a single hand cannon (Metallican gunslinger built to use two but this planet we're on apparently does not into gunpowder), a tech-priest with a las...pistol? I think?...and a biomancy psyker who might also have a pistol.

Luckily for us it's not been a combat-heavy game.
>>
>>46099272
Oh, and to give you an idea of the progress, we just passed 3000xp mark and are in Rank 5.
>>
I'm going to be running Eleventh Hour for some friends soon. We're all pretty new to TTRPGs, our only previous experience having been a few D&D sessions which fell apart relatively quickly because we kept inviting more people.

Anybody have any tips/pointers on making the game run more smoothly? Specifically the roleplaying aspect.
>>
>>46099612
No psykers unless the player is knowledgeable about the setting.
>>
>our assault marine murders everything before anyone gets a chance to kill it

>somehow i'm the asshole for trying to kill something before he (charcarodon) pulps it

I fired into combat. Only way anyone can kill something while he's playing. Otherwise i might was well not play.
>>
>>46100926
What? I don't get it. Are you fighting only one enemy at a time or something?
>>
Did anybody come up with a conversion of the Ascension psychic powers to 2.0?
>>
>>46096864
I guess it depends partially on what you feel the players would rather have, and what it's replacing.

A Dictator would also work, and is probably a more desirable ship for the players if they're inclined towards military or heavy combat endeavours a lot

The fluff implies the Star Galleon is not favourably viewed by the Navy however, but on the other hand is prized by the Rogue Trader dynasties that own them. I imagine the navy would be more willing to pass off a Star Galleon rather than a Dictator, but both are perfectly viable.

The Ancient and Wise machine spirit oddity would be interesting and fluffy on a Star Galleon. Haunted could also be an interesting history for either, and give another reason for the Navy to be passing off that particular vessel.
>>
>>46095904
A handful of sessions ago, our pyroclast refused to kill rebellious mutant miners, and executed the corrupt nobleman owning the mine instead, because his bad management wasted (abhuman) lives that could have been better spent serving the Emperor, and is lavish lifestyle was an obvious sign of moral decay. I know the player just wanted to be Robin Hood for a moment, but he did quite a speech to support it, and the mutants happily went back to 16h/day workshifts in hazardous conditions afterwards, ensuring a satifying ore production, while the daughter of the nobleman inherited the title and was shown the dangers of messing with the Ordos at the same time, making for a happy and reliable contact later. Actual 40k Good End.

Now I kinda want to play a mutant that was only an impressionable child during the revolt, and now wants to follow the footsteps of the savior of his people. A guy convinced that everyone, no matter how wretched, can assist the Emperor's divine plan and must contribute whatever he can. If possible by burning heretics, daemons and xenos. I'm gonna be the happiest mutant ever seen in a game of DH during his first session, at least.
>>
Question: is it possible for a navigator to undergo the Astartes process and survive?

If he chose to walk away from his family, power, and upbringing and devote himself entirely to military Pursuits comma eventually earning the notice of a chapter of Space Marines. Would he even have a hope of winning approval to apply for the process and survived?
>>
>>46101792
Are you the Sergeant Hurk dude? Your voice recognition on that phone is still shit.
>>
>>46101792

Depends on the chapter, but keep in mind, this also implies that the young heir to the house left at a very young age (6-8) and somehow managed to survive as one of the few children selected to be an Astartes, without a Librarian catching wind of his Navigator abilities, and that creates too many issues.

A more likely outcome would be the Navigator "volunteers" to be a navigator for a chapter instead of where his house typically sends their stock.
>>
>>46101873
>without a Librarian catching wind of his Navigator abilities

Or anyone just noticing the third eye. I imagine that's kinda difficult to hide.
>>
>>46101467

Hmm...Could have a Pre-req for all powers be Psy Rating 6+ & Psyker Aptitude, and you can't reduce your Psy-rating for these powers.
>>
>>46101665
>>46097512
Ok, thanks for the answers. It'll probably be a Dominator or a Dictator with 4 bays, then.

>>46101929
Submitted to the process by a renegade chapter (probably less picky about aspirants/wanting psykers and not caring about the anger of the houses) and rhen rescued/captured again during an assault before the process was finished, by a loyalist chapter in serious need of manpower. I really don't see other reasons for loyalists to recruit a navigator, and even that one feels way too stretched IMO.
>>
>>46102329
Other than the probably horrible mutant or horribly mutated corpse you'd get from mixing the navigator gene and a gene seed?
>>
>>46101739
In my death watch game, our party has run across a mutant Alpha psyker. As near as I can tell, in game terms, his psy rating is 16, he is immune to Insanity points close to him to suffer the effects of the psychic phenomenon and Perils of the warp charts, instead of himself. He has ALL the divination powers and more than a few others besides, and claims to be able to see the Astronomicon itself (without a third eye). And he is completely 100% loyal to his Imperial upbringing.

He overthrew the corrupt governor of the planet, because the governor was planning on rebelling against the Imperium. He has used his powers to ferret out every Spy and traitor on the entire planet comma and turned a semi-primitive feudal world into a borderline Imperial / Shrine world. When we went to confront him, the immediately surrendered and said he would submit to whatever judgment any true representative of the Imperium had to offer. and said he would submit to whatever judgement any true representative of the imperium had to offer. He claims to have seen every possible future comma and only in the ones in which the Imperium Reigns triumphant does Humanity survive. The ecclesiarchy would either hailed him as a prophet, or burn him as a witch. A Puritan Inquisitor would put a bullet in his skull and not think twice. Some of the more radical inquisitors might hide him away, lobotomize him, and use him as a weapon. The Adeptus Astra Telepathica might sanction him, but are more likely to simply sacrifice him to the golden throne.

Our party is split on what to do. Tje current front runner is 'sneak him into a Navigator family and see if they can breed stable super-psyker hybrids of this guy.'
>>
>>46101846
Yes it is. Clearly Samsung is the work of hereteks.
>>
>>46102412
An Alpha+ psyker isn't gonna be sacrified, I think. Especially not one that has sufficient willpower to remain (apparently) sane and unpossessed despite using his powers a lot.
Watch out so the Navigator houses don't rat you out to the Inquisition.
>>
Are there any good podcasts for Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy out there? I know there's plenty for D&D, but I haven't heard of any for these
>>
File: Mutate 1.png (580 KB, 640x752) Image search: [Google]
Mutate 1.png
580 KB, 640x752
Tzeentch says fuck you...
>>
File: Mutate 2.png (409 KB, 363x478) Image search: [Google]
Mutate 2.png
409 KB, 363x478
>>46103900

And all your friends.
>>
So this just happened
>Playing an Ogryn in a two player only war game, with a npc medic
>I am big Pierre, and Gommisar Dee Dee *nickname* tells me to move forward
>the remnants of our squad are trapped on a planet that as far as I can tell is overrun
>Because we haven't seen any other imperials besides corpses
>Spend a night in a shop we barricaded, here explosions, hide from a patrol
>End up walking into two snipers
>They're shooting us and shit, I get shot take some damage
>Pass perception tests, and see one
>Well I'm going to shoot so they know its there, as there is no way I'm hitting someone at 60m with a fucking ripper gun
>Turns out he is just under long range
>Have my comrade andre help me aim and go full auto
>need to make a 35
>Roll low enough to get three hits
>First hit, righteous fury
>Confirm it with a 1d5, get a five
>next to hits only further shred the bastard
>Everyone laughs, other player finds out that yes what I did was in the rules, him and dm laugh and shake their heads
>Next set of rounds
>Other sniper, wanting to kill the fucking sharpshooting ogryn, shoots me
>In the head, with enough success that his damage would kill most other people
>I am an ogryn with max health and over 50 toughness
>I get shot in the head, down to 12 health out of 30
>I make my perception tests to find him after I get shot
>Scream angrily
>Roll again
>Roll even better than last time, well there's no way I can
>10 and 5
>I burst out laughing as the other two go silent, I laugh for a good five minutes as we start talking how bullshit it was
>roll up the other three hits
>9,9, 1
>Other player tells the npc to not tell anyone about this, and that if I try to transfer he will kill me in the fleet
>I hug him and eat the snack bar andre gives me

And that's how I outsniped two snipers as an ogryn
the session ended soon after this because the dm was tired of my shit
>>
>>46101280
I resolved it. The better question is HOW THE FUCK DO I BUILD A RAVEN GUARD TACTICAL SNIPER.
>>
>>46081799
>jedi
better flip that 99 pal if you know what I mean
>>
>>46103942

Time to get promoted to Specialest and get an ogryn-sized sniper rifle. Pic related.
>>
>>46104177
That is the plan, yes
and it's funny because both character's I've played in only war have been Pierre
and the first was a sharpshooter who lost his arm to bolter fire

and I'm not sure we'll get off the planet because the DM is going to have a plauge marine, namely one I made *With 73 toughness with one upgrade to it, and a nurgling infestation* at us as a sort of obstacle to avoid
as well as zombies, lots of zombies

but the second I get enough, I am becoming a ogryn sniper if the Gm lets me
because fuck yes
>>
>>46104330

Well, Plague Marines aren't exactly nimble. Find a vehicle and drive away.

Also... english isn't your first language, right?
>>
>>46104480
No, I'm American

This just happened like...five minutes or so ago I'm still coming down from the high of getting two righteous furies in two rounds

So I'm just really fucking excited and hype right now, so a few typos here and there are pretty much guaranteed.

Anyways, we're currently trying to repair a rhino, I think

So, unless he tosses blight grenades at us or something, we should be able to outrun him like you said

Cause plague marines have fuck all agility
>>
File: 1309227327620.jpg (227 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1309227327620.jpg
227 KB, 600x800
>>46104599
>No, I'm American

Oooh, I'm sorry. Look, it's time to make like Santa with viagra and start sticking those clauses together. I know Mrs. Jenkins warned you in the 4th grade to avoid run-on sentences, but you've gone too far the other way.

Repair your tank and drive at top speed away from the Plague Marine. Do not try to snipe it. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 Thrones. Just run away. You are Guardsmen! You aren't supposed to be outnumbered, and one Plague Marine has you outnumbered ten times over.
>>
What's the current state of the WH40kRPGs? After a failed attempt to get my friends into OW about a year and a half ago I lost touch. Does FFG still keep up with supporting all of the lines? And should I try again with OW or jump ship.
>>
>>46104987
Enemies Beyond for DH2e got released relatively recently.
>>
>>46104917
Yeah, I know I have that problem, but thanks for pointing it out. And that's the plan, we know we can't fight the fucker, we aren't expecting a kharn vs brick situation here. No, we're slightly sane, so we know that if we go up against this magical aids filled bastard we'll end up as low quality nurgling chow.

And trust me, I made the guy, I know what he can do, and while he has less health than Pierre, he also has more armor and a MUCH bigger gun, and nurglings, so many fucking nurglings

I can't wait, it's going to be soooo fun
>>
>>46104987
There's unlikely anything to be out for the rest of the year, or in next year.

FFG is milking the shit out of the Star Wars franchise, and even before that the 40K RPGs were losing steam FAST.

However that only matters if you've got a boner for newness. The stuff that already exists works admirably.
>>
>>46104987
Meh. There's a definite downturn in the number of supplements. Those that are coming out are of lower quality than the past.

I really wish they would create a core WH40k rpg book and then develop spinoffs. Instead we have today's jumbled mess that is loosely compatible at best.
>>
>>46104095
Can someone help me on this? Id like to help more
>>
>>46085197
Hence why i asked for clarification as to their place in the Imperium.
>>
Is there a decent fillable DH2e character sheet with an expanded psychic powers section floating around? I'm finding that 8 lines doesn't really cut it
>>
So just need to make something sure
the 36th millennium founding was the cursed one, the 21st founding, right?

rolling up a new chapter
>>
>>46106019
my internet isn't up to opening pdfs at the moment, but have you checked to see if FFG updated theirs?
>>
>>46106078
It doesn't look like they have, no
>>
>>46106019
I suppose you could just keep that stuff on a separate sheet.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND SPECIAL ABILITIES IN THE DEATHWATCH CORE BOOK AAAAAH
>>
>>46106173
Maybe under the part about deathwatch specialties.
>>
>>46105506
If one guy is killing everything, it sounds like your DM just isn't giving the team enough to kill, bro.
>>
>>46106309
Whoops, meant to quote >>46105211
>>
Are there any good fluff books like The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer and the Munitorum Manual or are they the only ones?

What would be some good books to get a good view on the every day life of a Space Marine? I've heard the Horus Heresy is a good place to start at least to get a good background with the First Founding.
>>
>>46105129
>ore that the 40K RPGs were losing steam FAST.
>However that only matters if you've got a boner for newness. The stuff that already exists works admirably.

Currently I'm trying to homebrew RT2e with DH2e mechanics. My ultimate goal is to have all the old careers represented by roles along with half a dozen Xenos roles. The Xenos roles would be different in that they override the homeworld and background. This is in addition to several more mechanical and character creation changes. One I'm heavily considering is having aptitudes selected separately from the rest of character creation. My reasoning is that the homeworld/background/role is meant to provide flavor for character development, not guide how your character evolves. Of course, I'll include aptitude selections as suggestions for roles but that's all they'll be.
>>
Any recommendation on how to take a space marine alive and not in suspended animation from their implants?
>>
>>46106955
Disable power supply for the power armor. Tend to slow them down immensely.
>>
File: 1366643486648.jpg (279 KB, 1020x1320) Image search: [Google]
1366643486648.jpg
279 KB, 1020x1320
>>46107177
This, pack a bunch of haywires and be like those kids chucking rocks at tanks and hope someone rolls a 10 before he kills you AND be able to permanently disable his power supply
(Also allegedly critical damage to the back will disable it too, but those rules are a bit obscure)
>>
>>46107177
>>46107283
But that is just disabling the armor, what about the marine in the armor?

And speaking of haywire, is there any way of boosting what it rolls beside somehow getting a Rod of Night from Tomb of Fate?
>>
File: Rogue Trader cover.png (380 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Trader cover.png
380 KB, 612x792
Contents of this book would be?
>>
>>46108531
>nothing on how to avoid certain death and destruction at the hands of yourself
>>
>>46108531
> how to win enemies and create servants
>>
>>46108531
>Good business strategies and sound advice
>And if you turn it sideways, you can see an Eldar centerfold
>>
>>46076660
Because the Ecclesiarchy said so? Maybe they want someone pure to make sure the Explorers don't start slapping Xenotech into every available ship slot; maybe they owe the House a favor and seconding them an elite individual is a token gesture that lets them retain most of their stuff.
It's also possible that she was the lone survivor of a battle somewhere the Explorers went, and as the only Imperial ship left in the area they were her only ticket away from being taken captive by Orks, Dark Eldar, Genestealers, Slaaneshi whores, et cetera. The possibilities are limitless, really.
>>
>>46108531
>How to do whatever you want and get away with it
>How to avoid responsibility
>>
File: 1-4 Career Paths.png (144 KB, 620x235) Image search: [Google]
1-4 Career Paths.png
144 KB, 620x235
>>46086721
Doesn't really work with d100s. If you don't wanna use >>46087250 you can just give each different numbers. Assuming just one numberset for each column, rather than different homeworld-based probabilities for different roles/backgrounds for consistency with DH1e's tables, I'd go with
1-10 Highborn
11-20 Agri-World
21-30 Shrine World
31-40 Forge World
41-53 Hive World
54-63 Voidborn
64-73 Feral World
74-78 Death World
79-83 Garden World
84-88 Research Station
89-93 Penal Colony
94-98 Quarantine World
99-100 Daemon World

I... tried to make one for Backgrounds, but everything I come up with adds up to more than 100. My math must be off somehow, but fuck it, I'm going to bed.
>>
>>46111806
I think the important thing to consider here is that some homeworlds and backgrounds are meant to be rarer than others. Any Inquisitor could draft someone who was born on a hive world and served in the Guard, but someone born on a penal colony who also served the Sororitas? That's a lot rarer and the number brackets should reflect that. Not that I'm saying worlds and backgrounds are connected, just an example.
>>
File: random background+role table.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
random background+role table.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46111825
>>46111806

Around the time 2e first came out some anon came up with a random background table taking into account homeworlds, which I then added a couple of random roles tables to. It needs to be heavily updated to work with any of the supplements though.
>>
Bump again, because this is useful to have around (whatever whiners may say).
>>
I'm quite excited, my campaign is ramping up to its conclusion and a lot of it will be based on just how the players deal with the next session. The clear choices on the table are to ally with xeno, ally with xeno, do it the old fashioned way or abort the mission and bail.
>>
>>46116692
>The clear choices on the table are to ally with xeno, ally with xeno
These are not viable options.
Fuck xenos.
>>
>>46116724
The Imperium has been known to do non-viable things upon occasion. Of course, AFTER they ally with the xeno scum, there'll probably be a bit of a cleanup on aisle 5, if you get my meaning...
>>
>>46116926

Enjoy your meme-game then. The rest of us will be running real games, respecting the lore.
>>
>>46117011
Not him, but there is a good chunk of lore about desperate alliances, and the RT book even has options for sanctioned xenos.
Bloodaxes, eldar, tau, amongst other, have allied with the Imperium quite a few times.
>meme-game
And please stop using words if you don't understand their meaning.
>>
File: 1442985904969.jpg (108 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1442985904969.jpg
108 KB, 600x620
Sup /tg/, two weeks back I asked for help when my players won an accidental bet and got themselves a Cortex Core for their ship, which would replace their crew with battle automata. A few days after that, I got together for drinks with our missionary and the explorator, and we hammered out a way for the missionary to make a new character, and send him out with a blaze of glory so he could make something more fitting to the direction the game was taking.

It all started with the Rogue Trader and company making their way to one of the pre-eminent forge worlds in our homebrew sector in the galactic east. Rumors begun to be spread that the crew was going to be replaced with servitors, which was an understatement of the millennium, but the party managed to keep morale barely high enough to reach the world's orbital docks by promising that nobody was going to be servitor'd. This was technically the truth, though I did call for a LOT of deceive tests.

Anyway, the techpriests begin the process, ripping out crew quarters and replacing it with the big pulsating cortex core, and the RT offers the final ultimatim - anyone who wants to leave the ship can, since they are no longer needed. He says this while flanked by a pair of giant thanatars. I reasoned that maybe 10,000 or so of the cruiser's crew would see the writing on the wall, and bug out. The missionary, however, rallied the rest of the ratings, and stoked in them the fires of their faith and will to defend their home to repulse the cold, heartless robots that would take their place. The Mechanicus would not brook any delays and ordered the RT to handle it. The RT began to balk, but the explorator decided that now was a perfect time to test out the cortex core.

con't
>>
Well, as it turned out faith could not hold out against steel thanks to the core's bonuses, but it did lead to a climactic duel, RT vs missionary. The missionary emphasized how he was letting humanity down, while the RT was insistent in the fact that what he was doing was in the best interests of his dynasty and the Imperium. The missionary died, a psalm on his lips, to the RT's sword, and while the RT began to regret his choice as his former crew was rapidly disintegrated by the hyper-efficient automata, all moving as one with power and coordination no human could hope to master, the explorator was already popping a mechaboner while the voidmaster was eager to see how the ship would respond.

The massacre took a few days, in which the RT came to grips with the fact that his vessel was so silent and calm, despite the markedly increased efficiency. The arch-militant and the voidmaster, the other two players, are eager to head back out with these powerful robots behind them. The explorator has now realized there are two main factions of techpriests left aboard - one who believe the vessel is now the Omnissiah made manifest and don't want it to suffer any danger or damage, and one who believes that it's time for a new Taghmata to take to the stars. As for the missionary, he rerolled an explorator as well with intent to take the magos dominus alternate rank to better control the party's robots.
>>
The party has already seen a test of the automata not only on their former crew, but on a hidden chaos cult in the underdecks that I had planned to strike at them. They went in alongside the robots, and pretty much erased it - the cult didn't have any sort of weapons or tactics that could take on heavy automata. With their ship completely "threat free" now, the party is now heading back out into the void. I'll be emphasizing how sterile and empty everything is now, and while they gained Good Reputation Mechanicus for the action, they've made a terrible Enemy of the Ecclesiarchy. Considering there's an active crusade in the sector, the party may not be warmly received.
>>
>>46117846
Great concept, fantastic team interaction, brilliant execution.
9.8/10, would plunder uncharted reaches with
>>
>>46116926
WE ARE NOT MAKING FRIENDS WITH THE NECRONS OK?
>>
>>46106761
>What would be some good books to get a good view on the every day life of a Space Marine
The Index Astartes books are the best.
>>
So I'm going to start running an Only War game with my players.
With them basically being Front Line Heavy Assault Grenadiers is it bad that I'm going to find every horrible thing to pit them against?
I mean I'm even going to have them go against Necrons at some point.
>>
Is there any advantage to getting a test over 100 or is 100 just the cap?
>>
>>46117011

>respect their lore
I've only heard this from people that don't understand half the lore and just use headcanon and fan theories
>>
>>46118916
The cap is 130, iirc.
At that point, you can't fail the test save on a weapon jam/unavoidable failure, and extra dos.
>>46118863
Somewhat.
You are basically a proto-That GM, the one that hasn't learned that the game is about the entire group's fun, and is salivating at the idea of power over others.
>>
>>46118969
>130
What. In which book and where?
>>
>>46118924

Or who started playing the tabletop in 4th/5th edition and parrot grimdark memes.
>>
>>46119040
I'm definitely that, but at least I try to read the lore
>>
>>46118969
I can see that... Kinda makes me feel like a bad person.
Oh well.
I mean it is Only War, so a character dying isn't going to be a huge deal. Still don't want a TPK, but my players and I all know that it's a possibility. Want me to post their Regiment stats and such?
>>
File: 1265039066963.jpg (184 KB, 700x620) Image search: [Google]
1265039066963.jpg
184 KB, 700x620
I'm a first time GM and I'm trying to make an adventure for the group which I'd like to run by you guys.

The group is sent to a city to investigate a suspicious spike in drug usage, after long exposure the user starts to rot and basically becomes a mindless fiend willing to do anything for his next fix. after some digging the squad should figure out that the supply of drugs is stemming from a local gang (which should ensure some nice investigations/fights).

After dealing with the dealers they find out that the gangsters were supplied with the drug by a cult of Nurgle, which wants their drug to corrupt as many people as possible to gain control of the town. The cult wants to control the town because it is home to a massive water purification site that provides clean water to the main Hives on the planet. The plan of the cult is to gain control of the purifiers and use them to spread a waterborne plague into the Hives by poisoning the water supply.

Its of course up to the squad to stop this from happening. Could you guys give me any tips? I still feel like the drugs and the water plot arent that well connected...
>>
File: IMG_6572[1].jpg (733 KB, 972x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6572[1].jpg
733 KB, 972x1296
Imperial guard, Bloodaxes, a knight and probably space marines since we see a rhino.
Pic is from Ork and Squat Warlords.
>>
>>46075121
How exactly does phase work with the RT Shadow Kin mutation. I understand that it's probably the kind where when you go incorporeal you lose all your gear, clothes and cybernetics (sucks to be you if you only have a cybernetic heart) but it also says you float. Do you then gain a fly speed from it or is it more like just turning on no-clip and being able to walk at normal speed in any axis direction?
>>
>>46119459
I suggest you make the drugs a byproduct of the contamination plot instead of
Cultists put chaos algae in the water supply to corrupt it, maintenance workers or gangers travelling in the conduits find that strange plant and discover that it makes for a great new drug.
A few weeks later the first junkies go berzerk, and the cell is called to investigate.

If you want to connect the two a bit more, you can have the cultist trying to kill all the drug dealers, since they should want to stay below the radar until their waterborne plague project is complete. It also allows you to bring your players back on the right tracks if they fail to notice the first cues.

Don't hesitates to use an Arbites DMPC, as long as you just follow them and react to their actions it shouldn't have any negative concequences, and it makes sense considering the investigation.
>>
>>46119594
Show me where it says you lose all your gear, clothes, and cybernetics in the description for Incorporeal.

Floating was added as Hoverer (6) while insubstantial in later editions.
>>
>>46119753
It says specifically that weapons pass through the body as if it was never there. It also says they have no effect on the mortal world as you remove yourself from it and can't interact with it. You turn into a ghost and phase through stuff so you'd phase through your power armor and your cybernetics. It seems to say that the only things you could possibly interact with in the mortal world while incorporeal are force weapons.
>>
>>46119858
To normal weapon from non-incorporeal creatures. An incorporeal person with a sword can't hit a non-incorporeal person, but can hit another incorporeal person with it.
>>
I'm running Deathwatch for a group...

No, scratch that, I'm running Deathwatch for a powertripping manchild and his 2 buddies who aren't at all into 40k. On top of that, they don't get into it at all, chimp out at the first sign of real danger, and are generally just a chore to play with.

These guys aren't my friends; I agreed to run a couple of sessions for them because the one guy who's into 40k wanted to try it out. I tried to get a couple of people in the area I've played with before into it to help push the newbies in the right direction, but they've all been driven away by how boring it's been. I'm ready to go, too.

Do I have to say anything besides "it's time for one of you learn the rules?"
>>
>>46119944
Nope.
You owe them nothing.
>>
>>46117661
>>46117806
>>46117846

Welcome to the Legio Cybernetica, son. Welcome to the fuckin' Legio Cybernetica.
>>
>>46119944
No. Kill them.
>>
>>46119999
Quads has it. Kill them all, let the Emperor sort 'em out.

But in all seriousness, that party is shit. Bail now before people in your area think you're at fault for a bad campaign
>>
>>46120066
I mean kill them in real life.
>>
File: 1220731989875.jpg (73 KB, 400x405) Image search: [Google]
1220731989875.jpg
73 KB, 400x405
Seeing we're halfway through the weekend, I take it most of you have had your weekly games.

How did your last adventure go, /tg/?
>>
>>46120242
I haven't played in at least a year.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452 KB, 640x480
Question: is there any reason to take Price of Victory in Deathwatch?

Two Master-Crafted cybernetics sounds like a really good deal, until I tried to find a Deathwatch cybernetic where Master-Craft would actually be worth losing a fate point. Is there something I'm missing here, or are Deathwatch cybernetics just shit?
>>
>>46120452
master crafted stuff bonuses is up to DM in deathwatch.
Note the bonuses for signature wargear obtained talents are a different thing.
>>
>>46120242
Things started off poorly. As the designated stealth expert on the team, it was my job to infiltrate the enemy temple, and search the big bad's office for critical intel to our investigations. I blew both of my fate rerolls just climbing the side of a hive building in the pouring rain. Once I was in through the window, things seemed to be looking up, though. A Stummer and an agility score of 52 made slipping past the guards a cinch.

Unfortunately, his locked office door and me not having the Security skill meant things took a turn for the worse. The stummer helped with the noise, but smashing the door open still alerted two guards with carapace and hellguns. My acolyte just managed to hole up in the office and grab the Important Heretic Bad Guy's dataslate and documents before the duo burst in. He managed to take an eye off one, and scratch the other, but I soon learned I wasn't the only one with a melee weapon. Shock batons are nasty as fuck, let me tell you, especially when you already spent both of your rerolls for the session. When the Stun wore off and my acolyte regained his senses, he was unarmed, handcuffed, up against a wall, and had a hellgun pointed at the back of his head.

In other words, those two guards were fucked.
>>
>>46120452
Sadly the latter is the case.
The only cybernetics that might really help are the augur array (mounted auspex and re rolls to Perception) and a cybernetic leg (grants Sprint and, unlike the Heart, adds +2 to the Tough Bonus to the leg instead of +1).

While kinda sensible, it really bugs considering some of the killer shit some game lines offer like the Subdermal Plating or maybe more mechadendrites.
>>
File: 5267penguinchiyo7vg.gif (177 KB, 300x157) Image search: [Google]
5267penguinchiyo7vg.gif
177 KB, 300x157
>>46120897
post more, I enjoy your writing style
>>
>>46120897
In my mad panic to find a way out of this nightmare of a situation, I was scanning my sheet, looking for some crazy trick or talent that could save the day. By the Emperor's grace, I happened upon a particular portion of Frenzy, which I'd bought a few sessions back. Namely, the 'you are immune to Stunning' bit. Then I glanced at Acrobatics, and noticed the Contortionist sidebar. A desperate, suicidally idiotic plan had formed.

Ioudas Barsabbas, Acolyte Extraordinaire, was out of those manacles and coated in blood in seconds. In the time it took the stupefied guards to get a single shot off (which rolled a harmless 1 for damage), he'd frenzied, slipped out of the cuffs, picked his chainsword and shield off the ground, and messily ran back into the fray to kill them both in less than two rounds. Our pyromaniac psyker throws a fireball through a window and sets off a massive explosion downstairs as a 'distraction', just as Ioudas leaps through a stained glass window to freedom. The temple's exterior autoturrets are nothing against his impossible 5AB+Sprint+Hard Target maneuverability, and by the time anyone has any idea what just fucking happened, the party has slipped away into the night, leaving no less than half a dozen top security mercs in gory pieces. In and out like a ghost, they never even knew what hit them.
>>
>>46121230
Whoops, forgot to mention one of my favorite parts. I just went back to doublecheck the IRC logs to make sure I get it right, though.

Okay, so back to the big bad's office. Ioudas is just beginning to shake off the stunning, and I'm beginning to piece together how he's about to get out of this impossibly dire situation. Cyclops has his gun to my poor acolyte's head, while his friend is reaching for his vox. In retrospect, the guy with the missing eye should've been the one on the vox, while his mate held a gun to my head. Not that it made any difference, honestly.

Meanwhile, my teammates are sitting outside the temple, mumbling swears left and right, listening in over their own vox sets. Ioudas is as good as dead, as far as they're concerned. Our Skitarii techpriest actually drops right out of the chatroom, because he once had an insanely deadly stealth build based entirely around Shocking stun+fatigue attacks, and sees the writing on the walls clear as day. Nobody wants to see the team assassin get bludgeoned to death by these rent-an-arbite stooges.

"Call the Magistratum. And a doctor," Cyclops says, absolutely pissed that some nutjob in feudal plate (feudal world assassins sneak-clanking in full plate are the best, yo) managed to break into his client's office and carve through fuckin' carapace with a lucky crit.

"And the mortician," I add. Techpriest is dragged back into the chatroom just in time to hear me announce Frenzy. You already know the rest of the story. They're dead before they can vox for backup. There's a major fire in the lower level, which caused a chain of explosive 10+crits when everyone's grenades started going off, and nobody has any idea how the fuck this primitive backwater sword&bord warrior even got in, much less fucked everyone over this hard before scampering off into the night.
>>
>>46118851
Awesome, looked them over online and these seem to be what I was looking for. Thanks!
>>
>>46118969
There's nothing wrong with running a meatgrinder in Only War - That's only thematically appropriate.
As long as you tell your player, of course.
>>
>>46119976
>>46119999
>>46120066
Alright. Gonna drop them into an interdiction mission tomorrow and then drown 'em in aspect warriors.

I really hate having to do this.
>>
Can untouchables use Spook? This is urgent. What would the effects be?
>>
>>46127081
Simple answer: spook has no effect.

Suggested answer: they auto-fail the willpower check.
>>
>>46127081
The drug wouldn't do anything because Untouchables have no presence in the Warp. They can't HAVE psychic powers.
>>
>>46127230
>>46127558

Great, so what happens when someone eats a daemon?
>>
What kind of characters get the most out of Dark Heresy? I like characters that can be more creative in their actions but my last tabletop rpg ended up with my character effectively accomplishing very little for various reasons.
>>
>>46130324
Depends what kind of campaign you're a part of.

A melee monster with a gigantic sanctified eviscerator will get a lot more out of a BY FIRE BE PURGED Ordo Hereticus (or even Malleus) game, than they will a political, stealth based Ordo Xeno game about fighting against Xenos infiltrators/sympathisers.
>>
>>46130375
>Depends what kind of campaign you're a part of.
Yeah, I could have been more specific. My GM still hasn't given us any information on that sort of thing but I'm sure there will be combat. I just like to defeat enemies via using clever thinking so it really forces me to get into it and think hard rather than just "I hit you for a ton of damage" And potentially have use out of the combat too, which Psyker seems like one option for maybe. But I'll probably be an indecisive cunt about it until I am forced to make a decision.
>>
>>46130557
>so it really forces me to get into it and think hard rather than just "I hit you for a ton of damage"
As nice as that sounds in theory, it's really just better to carry a really dangerous weapon, and know how to use it.

Try and be clever all you want, someone with an Eviscerator will cleave you in half with one mighty swing.
>>
File: 4ReqKsK.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
4ReqKsK.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>46130688
>As nice as that sounds in theory, it's really just better to carry a really dangerous weapon, and know how to use it.
Oh, ok.
>>
>>46130557
If your GM uses rules and npcs correctly then having a weapon that can one shot most things doesn't mean anything if they opponent just makes your drop it, steals it, or gets you into a German suplex. Most of it will require some clever thinking depending entirely on your GM.
>>
>>46130854
Look, clever thinking runs out, and all the brains in the world won't get you through 6 inches of Adamantium and Ceramite.

Be clever, be smart, set ambushes, fire at weak points in armour, try to catch people unawares, use dangerous terrain (Promethium explodes, and falling shit is heavy) but for the love of god, don't try and must make do with a Stub Automatic and "gumption".

Those run out fast, and don't mean dick when someone's shooting a Heavy Bolter at you.

There is no combat balance. You get no extra points for playing on "hard mode". There's those who win, and those who die.

Which team do you want to be on?
>>
>>46129538
Open the core book to Black Crusade and read the example under the daemon prince entry.
>>
>>46131621
There's a difference between having nothing but "gumption" and having tools that get the job done outside of just swinging the same sword every turn.
>>
>>46131621
Sorry, but I'm a firm believer in Maximum Effort
>>
>>46132454
Not that guy. What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>46132579
Deadpool movie reference, I would imagine.
>>
>>46120242
We didn't really play because a new player came and we created his character, most of us helped him but the rollplayer sniper grumbled a bit. I guess I could have the party play during creation but I didn't want to have the new guy feel put aside because he's new or something, so fuck it.
>>
Anyone have mediafire links for Enemies Without/Beyond?

Mega is a pain on mobile.
>>
>>46132997
OP here.

Funny you should bring up Mediafire.

The archive was originally on Mediafire. However, IIRC, it didn't last a day before it was deleted and my account locked for copyright.

So its on MEGA now. On MEGA its likely to stay. By all means, download it off MEGA and try uploading it to Mediafire. Set a stopwatch. Let's see how fast it goes.
>>
Did Enemies Without add playable aliens? Did Enemies Beyond add daemonhosts?

What did they add? I gaven't seen anything 2e but the corebook.
>>
>>46133074
Enemies Without added a shitload of Alien NPCs, but no, you can't play an xeno. Go play RT.

Yes, EB added daemonhosts. And daemon princes. And daemon weapons. And tables to generate all of them.

Oh, and daemon shard possession is back. So Radicals can go out in a proper blaze of heretical glory again.
>>
>>46133174
>daemon shard possession
Ah, Quixos wannabes.
>>
In DW, why should you ever choose pistol+melee weapon instead of meleeweapon+meleeweapon or pistol+pistol?
>>
>>46133314
Because sometimes you're stabbing the shit out of some Heretic, and all of a sudden you learn that he can fly.
>>
File: 2012-09-23_00008.jpg (212 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-23_00008.jpg
212 KB, 1680x1050
>>46133314
Get two pistols that double as melee weapons and fuck normal conventions as to what a weapon is.
>>
>>46133331
Aren't 2 pistols or a meleewep+basicwep are better in that situation, though?
>>
>>46133366
Yes, it certainly would be.
Until he charges you again, and you're stuck without a weapon to parry with.
>>
>>46133314
Get two MIU weapon interfaces to dual wield one-handed melee AND have two basic class ranged weapons on your shoulders.
>>
So:
>2 meleeweps with balanced quality:
Pros: You can parry with +10
You do more damage than meleewep + basic weapon when you are in melee range
Cons:
You can't do shit if your opponent flies, runs away, or is far away from you

XP Cost: 500

>2 pistols:
Pros: You do more damage than meleewep+basicwep when you are in melee.
You do more damage than 2 melee weapons in melee? (I think)?
You can do damage outside of melee range, which 2 meleeweps can't do
Cons: You can't parry

XP Cost: 500

>meleewep + basic
Pros: You do pretty good in all ranges that is not melee
You can still parry
Cons: You kind of suck at melee

XP Cost: Free

>meleewep + pistol
Pros: You can do pretty good damage in melee, and low damage when your opponent flies or runs away
You can parry
Cons: xp cost is more
The damage you're dealing in range is really not all that good
>>
>>46133490
XP cost for the last option is 1k.
>>
>>46133471
What's the MIU weapon interface?

Anyway, having weapons added to your shoulders would cost a lot of requisition. And if you get it as signature wargear, then you're just spending xp instead.
>>
>>46078806
Because they're a member of the Orders Famulus who is keeping an eye on the Rogue Trader's dynasty. Probably using the Seneschal career with one of the alternate ranks from Faith and Coin.

What happens when a ship gets its Life Sustainer component damaged or destroyed as a result of a Critical Hit? Does the entire ship just get depressurized? That seems like a logical result, but it leads to a counterintuitive mechanical result in that smaller ships are more likely to survive - less Components means less damage dice to Crew Population and Morale. Also, I'm pretty sure it'd mean that the optimal combat strategy would be "hit them once to knock down their Void Shields, then use the teleportarium to send a murder-servitor Hit-and-Run attack to knock out their Life Sustainers, then sit and wait for two turns (one hour) for their void suits to run out of air".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.