[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Came back to 40k after 10 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: attachment.jpg (233 KB, 854x1029) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
233 KB, 854x1029
Went to a FLGS and remembered that it is actually a thing. I saw big fucking goddamn gundam robots named Imperial Knight, i went into the shop asked the seller and it is actually a regular army.
A few minutes later after a quick game demo i was back home with 5 knights + army book.
Is this any good ingame ?
I saw multiple combined list online but nothing with only knights. i don't care about competitiveness, but is it enjoyable with just knights ? How should i build them ?

Also, the art in the book is fucking good, is this art available online in QHD for my phone ?
>>
>>46074805
>Came back to 40k after 10 years
dont
>>
>>46074805
>5 knights
Are you made of money, anon?
>>
>Is this any good ingame ?
Probably would have been a good question to ask before dropping $500+ on those models.
>>
>>46074885
I'll enjoy painting them anyway, if i can field them then it's a bonus.
>>
>>46074805
Knights kickass. A knight only army will be a little plain to play after a while though. Also, remember to magnetize your knights so they can be any of the versions
>>
>>46074805
>but is it enjoyable with just knights ?
Depends what you consider enjoyable.
My experience of all knights is it tends to be one sided, either thery're not expecting it and you table them, or they are and they table you.
>>
>>46074805
A great choice anon you should immediately start a knights army if you have a taste for gigantic powerful robots that can wipe out entire armies in a single blast.
Gamesworkshop clearly aims for THE BEST quality in all of tabletop gaming, I have bought myself a knight and its modelling quality is the top there is.
There are many loser fat people on this board that will tell you theyre too expensive and what not, dont be discourage by them. Theyre just losers who live in the basement and complain about everything.
Dont forget to check out Age of Sigmar too, amazing modelling range and top quality gaming.
>>
>>46074984
thank you, i hadn't thought of magnetizing!

>>46075071
I will not be able to play golf anymore due to joint problem, so i sold all my stuff.
This hobby is like totally free compared to golf, it's just a matter of how much you spend on hobbies.
I checked age of sigmar but the Knight were calling me, maybe in a few months i'll buy the starter Sigmar box :)
>>
>>46075636
Don't, Sigmarines is a legitimately awful game. If you like the models, good for you - I personally happen to think that they're blend and uninspired but I guess there's no accounting for taste.

If Knights are your thing and you're down for whatever, consider fleshing out your current army with some of the largest Forge World Knights. They've got a variety out, now, with both a Knight Household and Adeptus Mechanicus aesthetic with more on the way. They've already previewed an update of the old Epic scale Knight Warden (different from the plastic Knight Warden kit that's now available)
>>
>>46075757
This.

I'm pretty sure my Acheron and Lancer turn me on more than any woman ever could. The feeling of burning an Ork mob before charging in 15 Death Company>sex.
>>
>>46075636
That guy is trolling you. Knights are very overpowered, mostly, in 40kabd are seen by older fans as one of the ways that GW is moving toward hypercommercializing the game - big, flashy, very expensive models that trump everything else
>>
>>46074885
If anon's even half good at painting he can make a killing selling those knights off.
>>
>>46075636

>starting AoS

Remember, before posting statement like this that /tg/ generally hates AoS because it ruined the game they used to sit and nag around.

Now that they no longer can enjoy hours of ranting on why "their" army is the worst, and that the latest release for their team looks awful, they have decided to put all that hate to a common enemy, namely AoS.

Most here I reckon haven't even touched the models, even less have actually tried playing it. Although all will claim the opposite, just to "prove" they are right, and you are wrong.

Ill be more honest Anon, the game they took away from me (Warhammer Fantasy), will always be a fun game. Memories of childhood friends and epic battles, late summer nights playing games over at my friends house. And I too am upset over the fact that they removed Fantasy and replaced it with a 4 page game.
Having said that, I do find some models pretty great looking, I have spoken to people playing at the local shop saying its freaking great and a good deal of fun, although its not Fantasy as we used to know it. And you must, I repeat MUST play this with a friend. You cannot play it in any form of Tournament setting, or facing a random guy at the local shop, as you need to agree on what would be a fair and fun game as far as units go.
>>
>>46074805
They're really strong but all knights will give you an unbalanced army. Not unbalanced in the sense of strong or weak, but in the sense that it's overspecialized and will be really god at certain things but super vulnerable to others. Some armies won't even have a chance against yours, while even some less competitive ones might streamroll you if they happen to have 50 multimeltas or other such silliness.

Just make a list out of models you like, though, /tg/ will hate on any list that isn't a combined arms detachment of a mid-tier army but as long as you're doing it because you actually like the models (rather than being a WAAC faglord), you aren't doing it wrong.
>>
>>46075071
Only get into Age of Sigmar if you care about the modelling and creation of 'your guys' more than playing a competitive or balanced game. It absolutely sucks for that style of play and I'm sure /tg/ will give you 5,000 reasons why.

BUT, if you want to take full advantage of the looseness of the rules, you can have a lot of fun with it. For example, you can make an army out of any combination of models you want, so if you hate 90% of undead models but there's one particular unit calling to you, you can just play that unit with models from any other faction (and have fun coming up with a lore reason why). While the game basically falls apart if you just try to play a competitive 'kill eachother' scenario, with more specific, fluffy objectives it works surprisingly well. Most of the official battleplans are made with very narrow objectives that any army can complete, even if your force is smaller or weaker than your opponents. The cost of entry is also super low for a GW product (though if you impulse bought five knights I doubt that's an issue for you). If you can embrace the openness of it all and enjoy the benefits that come with it, you'll have fun. If you want a competitive game with fantasy models, look away from Games Workshop (or fine people who still play WHFB or 9th Age)
>>
>>46074879

While it is pretty high for an impulse purchase, an adult who doesn't have $500 or so in disposable income if they've been saving for a while is not really a competent working adult. And 5 Knights is actually cheap for a complete, never-have-to-buy-anything-again 40k army, AND it's strong to boot. It's the best dollar to points to strength ratio in the game currently ignoring scratch building.
>>
>>46080837
Plus they look pretty cool
I want a knight and I don't even play 40k
>>
>>46074805

Id love to do this with 3 knights, but a shitload of Ork kits, to make them in to looted knights! Still playing the original Knights codex, but with so much more character, and just imagine the joy of converting those bad boys!
>>
>>46078889
Nah, AoS is much worse for creation of your guys. Fantasy had a lot of interesting lore, whereas AoS's lore is just bleh. It's like, the Stormcast are fighting Nurgle's forces on the plane of Ghyran. Why should I care? I don't care about any of the Stormcast, I don't care about Chaos, and I don't care about Ghyran. So why should I care who wins? It's the same with every world.
>>
>>46083114

AoS has female marines :^)
>>
>>46083114
Nah, WFB is much worse for creation of your guys. AoS has a lot of interesting lore, whereas WFB's lore is just bleh. It's like, the Empire are fighting Nurgle's forces on the border of Kislev. Why should I care? I don't care about any of the Empire, I don't care about Chaos, and I don't care about Kislev. So why should I care who wins? It's the same with every world.
>>
>>46074969
>>46074969

Fucking this. I've got over $1,000 in minis and I've never played a single game.
>>
>>46083165
Why should I care? there've women warriors in Warriors of Chaos for forever.
>>46083219
Because the Elector count of Ostland is married to a sister of Tzarina Katarin, and has been pushing for deeper ties between the two nations for several years. In addition, the Count has the earned Nurgle's ire through his slaying of a mighty champion of the Plague God's, so if Kislev falls Ostland will surely be next. I care because I've been fighting with these guys for ages

Why are the Stormcast fighting in Ghyran? Because Sigmar said so, to convince a crazy Aelf to stop being so crazy. Yay.
>>
>>46083219
Well for starters if the empire loses some people might die rather than a few space marines waking up feeling really hung over.

The spectacle creep in AoS has also kinda gimped it's relatability, I can't really feel "oh these are My Dudes". Because I'm not able to have Hans Oberwald the necromancer terrorizing the finite realm of southern Reikland, I'm able to have Necromancer in service to Nagash number 873, who will enter into the near infinite plane of whatever the fuck and like maybe set up I don't know a MORTUARY FACTORY. Which will mean....I don't know instead of being all gross and nurgly it's all spooky and bony. There just aren't immediately apparent stakes to the battles you fight. There isn't individuality when nearly every faction exists under the complete hegemony of a single character or is unimportant. It's gone from gritty fantasy to charmless album cover.
>>
...maybe this is why the Emperor does not return to his body. He keeps looking at the current meta and just can't be bothered. Instead he just collects and paints his own homebrew chapters.
>>
Shill thread. Go away GW shills.
>>
>>46082472
This is so good
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.