[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Interesting things, small, irrelevant facets to put on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Bones.jpg (51 KB, 883x598) Image search: [Google]
Bones.jpg
51 KB, 883x598
ITT: Interesting things, small, irrelevant facets to put on the party's path. Things that flesh out the campaign and can lead to great stories growing out of PCs assumptions.

Pic related but sadly unimaginative.
>>
>>46072838
>There is a dog here. He will not move from where he is sitting.
>>
>>46072838
Well... What's going on in your setting? Is there a war or something? A drought? Leave telltale signs of whatever's going on, and it doesn't always have to be something bad or depressing.
>>
>>46073215
Actually It's draconic disease. But >>46072928 has a cool idea.
>>
A child's doll falls off of some unseen ledge and lands at the party's feet. The doll resembles one the PC who picks it up remembers from their childhood.
>>
File: RASW0030.gif (155 KB, 445x576) Image search: [Google]
RASW0030.gif
155 KB, 445x576
Wanted posters.
>>
>>46072838
The founding of a new town on the edge of the forest their quest is takign them into. Industrious and hopeful, the rich scent of fresh cut wood is strong in the air.

A small group of pilgrims traveling the opposite direction as the party, a mix of families and holy men. It is a common pilgrimage of limited importance.
>>
>>46073215
Indeed. Lovecraft made it a BIG thing in Kadath.

It wasn't the bones. It was how many of them there were (inland sea levels) and what was under them (Dholes). No one has ever seen a Dhole.

Although they are held to be slithery and probably slimy and they can eat quite large things.

Of course, no one is quite sure how large because nobody has ever really clearly seen a Dhole.

They like to stay in whatever they are crawling around in and it's pure abyssal darkness naturally in that area.

(This is the only reference in his work that I can recall. Anything else was "reasonable guesswork" by the RPG dudes.)

You are now aware that this is direct inspiration for Grues. Although Grues prefer caves and dark rooms, not massive accumulations of Bones from Ghoul/Gugg bone middens.
>>
>>
>>46072928
Knowing my PCs, they're going to ignore everything else and spend the entire six hour session trying to move that dog.
>>
historical engravings
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.