[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you run a Rick and Morty game, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: rickandmorty.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rickandmorty.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
How would you run a Rick and Morty game, /tg/?
>>
>>46072019
/tg/ right now is way too lolrandom to emulate a show as layered as R&M in any sensible way. With luck you might get D20 stats for Gazorpazorps, but to what end?
>>
>play slice-of-life prologue
>decide on episode objective for each PC
>play Sliders episode
>PC who fulfills objective wins
>>
>>46072019
Very drunk.
>>
>>46072274
Well that goes without saying
>>
>>46072019
I wouldn't.
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 682x614) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 682x614
>>46072019
Just play a game of Dark Heresy out in the most distant parts of the Galaxy.
And add some daemons and Xenos that usual
>>
>>46072019
You would need a random scenario chart to decide what each sessions plot is and be ready to bull shit. Have a long plot and tie it to each session so it slowly progresses but is somewhat hidden. Try not to have lots of rolls and keep it fluid, maybe have perks and vices for character making instead of dice.
>>
>>46072327
>add some Xenos that usual
This is what I have come to expect from the GW crowd, language is almost an insult to the entitlement of being universally understood because of conformity to some set of tropes they deem universal. Why bother with forming sentences?
>>
>>46072019
Just browse the front page of reddit for inspiration
>>
I'd stab my eyes out with a screwdriver while loudly screaming memes.
>>
>>46072019

using F.A.T.A.L. of course
>>
Genius: The Transgression.
>>
"R-Rick where are we!?"

>"Geez Morty, I-I don't know let me ju-uuu-st check my Teleport Gun. Oh wait! Because of you Morty my gun is broken! It's your fault Morty! You understand me M-Morty!? This is all you-uuuurp fault!"

"Oh man Rick, you-you don't have to be such a jerk about it! I said I was sorry, ya know, i-if you hadn't been in such a rush maybe I wouldn't have crashed into you and made you drop it!"

>"Oh that's just typical of you Morty, trying to shi-uuuuur-k of the blame on to your grandpa!"

"Y-You don't get to play that card Rick! If you acted like-like a real grandpa, we-we wouldn't be in this mess!"

>"Again with putting the blame on me Morty, you know Morty, that's just being a b-aaaaa-d person! Like the Terrorist Morty! Are you a fu-uuuu-king Terrorist Morty!?"

And thus Rick and Morty started their adventure...
>>
>>46072363
How much does GW do for the FFG books?
>>
>>46072019
It seems like it would be really rules-lite if not freeform (a good part of that show was ad-libbed), with each player contributing to things like setting, objectives, and obstacles.
>>
>>46072363
>Autism
>>
It's do able but requires a good GM and better players. The game wouldn't be as funny as the show and would have to be lite on rules and have few dice rolls. Maybe have the game have lots of seemingly random scenarios eventually tied together by a semi related plot. Have players actions affect the terrain and world if they blow stuff up it stays damaged unless fixed etc. Try to mail down some crazy science stuff the explanations can be bullshit but don't let them just build a crazy machine make then have to collect stuff to build things. Mild autism is needed and have lots of random roll charts to make things interesting.
>>
>>46072420
ppl still shill that homebrew? i thought y'all realized it's unplayable garbage.

>>46072019
using GURPS.
>>
>>46073324
>The game wouldn't be as funny as the show
That's gonna be rough, since the show isn't funny.
>>
>>46073622
Well if you don't like the show or a game based on it don't comment.
>>
Use MAID, re fluff Affection.
>>
>>46072363
The word "xeno" literally means "alien". What did you think "xenophobe" meant? Someone who hates/fears nonhuman races in a tabletop game?
>>
>>46072019
>>
>>46076367
Says the motherfucker with reading comprehension so poor he misses what the guy is complaining about and the blatant error in the post that it's a reply to.

Let me spell it out for you champ.

>And add some daemons and Xenos that usual
>Xenos that usual
>that usual

He's either using the wrong word, or he's missing half the fucking sentence.
>>
There is the Rick Collective, Evil Morty, the Good-Alien Collective, Unity, the Gary Daycare, and other shit.

Don't focus directly on R&M, make them the Antagonists in some way - or the DMPC's main contact.
>>
>>46072019
>everyone plays as a different morty looking for their version of rick
>>
>>46078937
You got his idea though right?

You're just being a cunt because you can, his grasp of our language has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: Stop All This Nonsense.png (46 KB, 277x354) Image search: [Google]
Stop All This Nonsense.png
46 KB, 277x354
>>46073360
The sheer irony in this post.
>>
>>46072019
Use the MAID system
>>
File: Fiasco_cover.gif (52 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Fiasco_cover.gif
52 KB, 250x375
>>46072019
>>
>>46072019
Some sort of OSR style adventure. Just replace dungeons with other planets and dimensions. Draw up a huge supply of random tables for aliens, devices and worlds. Use some of the common races and factions to give it some overarching stability.

Make sure there are rules for fighting, running from shit and fucking around with technology. Other than that players are expected to improvise social encounters and puzzles.

Character's with high or low enough charisma get special bonuses or penalties. A character with low charisma might have to speak in character with a stutter or take a minor penalty if they don't approval from those around them. A character with high charisma gets "deal with it" save so they can act like dick and everyone around them just has to deal with it.

The game would be as deadly as any OSR with PCs meeting horrible and hilarious ends. If the entire party is kill then can choose to start again in an alternate universe. Players doing this may opt to re-roll one good stat and one bad stat or roll for a random new class.
>>
Everybody is John. Except everybody is Morty. And the GM is Rick.
>>
>>46073360
>ppl
Kill yourself.
>>
>>46072019
I don't even like GURPS but this is still clearly the place where you play GURPS.

For actual playing, you need to mix up the core dynamic for a larger party. Everyone splitting into two parties for an A and B plot is standard for TV but not good for tabletop. I'd lean away from One Rick Three Morties, and much more towards multiple partial Ricks. All your Ricks are dysfunctional, self-destructive people, but to a lesser extent than the TV one. Instead you set everyone up so their problems feed off each other in a cycle. Group character creation is pretty much mandatory here.
>>
File: 1446050309568.jpg (19 KB, 386x460) Image search: [Google]
1446050309568.jpg
19 KB, 386x460
Hey Justin.

Try GURPS. If you're trying to market something, copy an already existing system. Pick your meme races, include your meme items as artifacts, don't use the show's main characters as PCs, and make it silly because nobody who's serious about tabletop games is going to touch it.
>>
>>46072019
Why would I want to do that?
>>
>>46074287
You misunderstand. A show (or movie) doesn't have to be good to make for good game inspiration.
>>
It's funny how people get so triggered by this show that they post in the thread to let everyone know that a random anon has A STRONG DISDAIN FOR THIS CARTOON.
>>
>>46072537

I've seen some good RM pastiche and some bad RM pastiche.

This is 3/10, work harder.
>>
>>46072019
LOS MAGOS DEL TIEMPOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>46072019

the system would need to be flexible

ORE
>>
>>46072193
>/tg/ right now is way too lolrandom to emulate a show as layered as R&M

Considering how long the breaks between seasons are it's pretty hard for the creators to make a show as layered as R&M
>>
File: Pert and Morty.png (734 KB, 1062x625) Image search: [Google]
Pert and Morty.png
734 KB, 1062x625
>>46072019
>>
FATE or whatever system you want to use. All of the players are alternate dimensional Ricks. They're working as infiltrators for the Supreme Council of Ricks against the Galactic Union, Dark Heresy style.
>>
File: hms corgi.jpg (716 KB, 848x848) Image search: [Google]
hms corgi.jpg
716 KB, 848x848
>>46084956
>mfw
>>
I like the idea of a Futurama or RM type game but my players only play high fantasy type games. It would have to be really elaborate to make a functional game if i manage to get some people together and write up a game i will post the scenarios and mechanics in the distant future.
>>
>>46081000
>You got his idea though right?
Not really. The sentence could mean either of at least two very much opposing things. It's not very easy to discern which of them was intended.
>>
>>46086291
I was thinking Fate as well. Since this is Rick and Morty I think we need to spice things up a bit. Say each time a character suffers a consequence, the player must take a shot.
>>
File: 1456043150613.png (2 MB, 1566x901) Image search: [Google]
1456043150613.png
2 MB, 1566x901
>>46078886
this makes me happy in so many ways.
it just tickles the cockles of my heart.
>>
>>46078886
Kek. Subtle
>>
>>46072019
I wouldn't.
Rick and morty is shit
>>
Fiasco, maybe?
>>
>>46072019
Rick is an radical Inquisitor while Morty is the poor Acolyte that gets stuck with Rick.
>>
>>46086484
Have you ever read the Futurama RPG?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.