[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything danegerous, that could lurk in such lands,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
Is there anything danegerous, that could lurk in such lands, /tg/?

With no dark forests and crags and broken mountains, I doubt there is much danger here. Accasional village, surrounded by fields and full of plump, happy people.

Am I right?
>>
>>46071124
Or alternatively, ragged and down-trodden serfs that slave away each day for sustenance while having to pay exorbitant taxes to their gluttonous liege. They could live there too.
>>
>>46071124
Snakes in the grass. Bullettes. Graboids. Rocs and wyverns that fly in from the nearest mountain range. Bandits. Invisible monsters.
>>
>>46071164
Also the long forgotten dead from ancient wars when the land was claimed, ready to rise and battle once more.
>>
>>46071124
>Giant trap-door spiders, hiding in fields to snare the unwary
>Giant hawks that fly from nests over the horizon, hunting prey on the flatlands where there's little cover
>Rivers full of monstrous carp, waiting to drown and devour those who stray too near the banks
>>
>>46071124
If it wasn't for those damn bogs everywhere! Haunted places full of decay! The things that live there - repulsive critters all. Black birds watching, black snakes slithering, tiny insects crawling. And the things that die there, well, do they really?

You can burn one of them with much fuel, but the next year it will be back twice as large. If you try to drain one it will poison your river for miles downstream.

Children are warned to stay clear lest they be suddenly snatched and dragged down by some vine or creature. At night even grown men stay away, at least if they know what's good for them.
>>
>>46071124
Will'o'wisps, mist witches ('White Ladies'), that sort of thing.
>>
>>46071124

>Doesn't know about the dickgnomes
>>
File: Hommik_Mukri_rabas.jpg (3 MB, 3557x2002) Image search: [Google]
Hommik_Mukri_rabas.jpg
3 MB, 3557x2002
>>46072321
>>
In the night?

Death roams the land and bound souls arise. A powerful curse or the hate on all living things hinders their journey to the afterlife.

At day?

A pitwurm that travels deep under the earth, occasionally eating a human or two and creating sinkholes in the whole area.
>>
File: Mongorian worm.jpg (6 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
Mongorian worm.jpg
6 KB, 286x176
>>46071124
This or worlves, foraging dire bears or a herd of death horses.
>>
File: IMG__20160377__102923.jpg (148 KB, 499x318) Image search: [Google]
IMG__20160377__102923.jpg
148 KB, 499x318
>>46071124
>Coyotes
>Herds of territorial animals
>Giant predatory birds
>Nomads/Plains people
>Weather...seriously...wind/rain/snow across an expanse like that will rip you to pieces with no cover and nothing to stop the cross wind
>>
>>46072321
I have almost drowned in a bog once. Wasn't nice
>>
>>46072801
See?
>>
File: 211048.jpg (8 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
211048.jpg
8 KB, 250x333
>>46071124
That's because the humanoid giant worms used up all the wood and good stone for their underground spawning pits.

Those people are plump because they're about to burst with maggot babies.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.