[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there room for new tabletops that aren't Pathfinder or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: necrons.jpg (40 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
necrons.jpg
40 KB, 700x466
Is there room for new tabletops that aren't Pathfinder or war games that aren't Warhammer/40K related?

Does anybody buy or play them?

I've been wrestling with myself for years as to whether or not people try new things anymore. Does anybody ever just buy RPG supplements and books and things they never actually play? Does anybody try and be The Guy to convince their friends to play a new game?

I've been working very hard on something of my own for a while, but I'm not sure whether or not it'd even be worth it. I'm pondering just releasing setting and class and story theme books set to open source 3.5 D&D and letting people just buy the shit for the novelty, or something.

What do you folks think? Is there room for more kings?
>>
>>46068634
>posts 40k models

What do you think?
>>
Yes. Duh. There are tons of other games. Have you ever been on /tg/ before.
>>
>>46068634
if you have the determination yes. innovation is the key

and i am always trying to convince my friends to play new systems but everyone prefer games like Dnd
>>
Yes. Once you hit 40 and are still playing warhammer you will end up playing at least one historical war game as well.
>>
>>46068634
>Does anybody buy or play them?
Clearly. Have you seen this board? Or maybe not. Have you seen this board?

>I've been working very hard on something of my own for a while
As has at least half if not all of us here. Most of it is rubbish, but certainly no one would pay for it, even if it was magically not rubbish.

That being said, 3.x is mostly, if not totally, dead. Most people, if this board is any indication, have moved on to either Pathfinder or, in smaller numbers (thanks, 4e!), to 5e. The last few publishers for more standard 3.x stuff (Mongoose and the like) haven't released anything for it in quite a while.
>>
>infinity
>warhmahordes
>dystopian wars
>malifaux
>historicals
>>
File: pepe_harper.jpg (42 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
pepe_harper.jpg
42 KB, 500x538
>>46068754
Shit, I must be aging at an advanced rate.
>>
>>46068634
In the grim future of the 40th Millennium, it's kill or be killed.
>>
File: chara.jpg (81 KB, 831x962) Image search: [Google]
chara.jpg
81 KB, 831x962
>>46070248
>seeing the xeno scum fills you with DETERMINATION.

>You rush towards the metal space flowers, as you wish to hit them with your knife.
>>
>>46068634
If you're asking whether TRPGs other than PF are being played, yes.
If you're asking whether these TRPGs can become as big as PF, no. Sheer inertia forbids it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.