[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: 1456939678017.jpg (521 KB, 1140x640) Image search: [Google]
1456939678017.jpg
521 KB, 1140x640
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Mahou Shoujo Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/XehJXVjp

Old Thread: >>46058441
>>
>>46065441
first for steaming seas
>>
>>46065441
>Page 8 REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Okay, can we get straight to actual discussion this time?
>>
>>46065475
Depends, is that discussion waifus? Just kidding, tell me about your BBEG's motivations.
>>
>>46065462
i applied as an arcanist to that campaign. Here's hoping I get in; the setting feels cool for a homebrew setup. A lot more than any IRL GM I've met has done.
>>
>>46065496
My BBEG doesn't have motivations yet.

Depending on how the player decides to RP that scene, the BBEG may end up with their PC's motivations.
>>
File: local wizard ruins everything.gif (2 MB, 612x639) Image search: [Google]
local wizard ruins everything.gif
2 MB, 612x639
>>46065441
>Mahou Shoujo Edition

How the fuck could Paizo ruin something so good, so badly?
Get a Vigilante, give it Witch or Magus spell list. Make CHA its prime stat. Make the familiar vital to a chunk of her good class features (like magical transformation, getting bonus spells, etc.)
>>
/pfg/, rate my level 12 Fiendbound Marauder's maneuvers:

>Stances: Pugilist's Stance, Vigilant Keeper's Stance, Aura of Shared Misery, Steel Coils, Steel Grappler Stance
>Maneuvers: Brawler's Attitude, Strength of Hell, Iron Fang, Dogpile Strike, Taunting Laugh, Hangman's Curse, Persecution, Stand Your Ground, Witch's Revenge, Inescapable Fetters, Warlock's Blow

pls help, I have no idea how to pick maneuvers for later levels. I made sure I met the prereqs for everything, even leveling his maneuvers 1-12.
>>
What is the point of Phantom Steed's 1 rnd at-will air walk ability? Just to annoy a caster? To screw him over when he forget about the fact he has to renew it every round?

> DM: "Hey anon you forgot to make your mount to activate an air walk. Roll 20d6 buddy."
>>
Daily reminder that Magical Child is just a way worse Unchained summoner.
>>
>>46065529
>How the fuck could Paizo
Answered your own question, fampai

I'm gonna go ahead and continue begging DSP to make a non-shitty mahou shoujo archetype out of the harbinger
>>
First for kissing a fey trickster.
>>
>>46065515
I'm one of three folks I know who applied, hopefully everybody got in, but who knows how many applicants he got.

Put in with a Rubato.
>>
>>46065496
Current campaign BBEG goals:
Campaign A: Demon generals are looking for a candidate for next demon king. Candidate does not need to be a demon to qualify.
I intend for them to set their sights on either one of the PCs (who are all good aligned and would need to be corrupted) or the party's CN pirate captain rubato rival, who would become the BBEG if she was chosen.
I don't expect any of the PCs to accept the invitation but if they did, the campaign would go in an interesting direction so I don't mind.

Campaign B: BBEG wants to keep the princess trapped and build an evil empire. Standard things.
>>
>>46065496
Powerful wizard, wife got sick, no magic will cure her, so he puts her into perma gentle repose until he can find a cure. As he realizes he's running out of time on his life he delves into necromantic secrets and becomes a lich just to give himself more time to find a cure. His phylactary is a locket kept around his wife wears Now he thinks he has the solution and all it will cost is the corruption of all other life on the planet.
>>
>>46065529
>>46065559

Daily reminder that "magical girl" is a profession, not a class or an archetype.

There are fighty magical girls, shooty magical girls, punchy magical girls, casty magical girls, bardic magical girls, completely peaceful magical girls, etc. etc.

Pigeonholing them into a single class or archetype would be a disservice.

Make it an akashic VMC that gives you a "costume" of veils. Make familiars optional with traits or feats, because hardly every magical girl has a personal familiar.
>>
>>46065559
Ravenlord harbinger already makes a fine dark magical girl.

Gestalt with aegis, cryptic, psion or wizard for maximum effect.

Make them rivals with a Knight-Chandler.
>>
>>46065496
turn all gnomes across every universe he can reach into statues. Then put them on his lawn.
>>
>>46065441
Do we have the full Ultimate Intrigue PDF leak or just screenshots of certain pages/archetypes? If we have the full PDF is there any way it can get added to the Trove?
>>
>>46065496
Greed, raw and unchecked. It started in his childhood, growing up in a place where coin is everything and only your ability to make dosh means anything. Means even more than the money itself. But he was mindful of the law back then, even if evil. They were like the rules in the game, and you don't really win if you cheat to do it. But that's before a little sliver of daemon essence burned its way into his soul. Now he has a megalomanic obsession with the idea of owning everything. His crazed mindset at this point is that once he takes something, he needs to destroy it, so that no one else can ever own it.
>>
>>46065559
We should bully Gareth for one.
>>
File: 1422670344552.jpg (474 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1422670344552.jpg
474 KB, 1600x1000
Okay. So I'm totally working on building a campaign, I've got a lot of the worldbuilding done, but I'm not sure which direction to take the adventures.

Which sounds more FUN:

1: Being the first colonists/explorers in the New World after travelling from Fantasy Europe in the Age of Sail

2: Being the first colonists/explorers in the New World after travelling from Fantasy Europe, but in the early Medieval period

3: Adventuring around Fantasy Europe at the dawn of the Fantasy Early Middle Ages, when the Fantasy Roman Empire has fallen, leaving the continent to fall into paganism, violence and chaos. The players will adventure and kill monsters before establishing their own Kingdom to bring order and prosperity back to the population

I've always been planning to run it as choice number one, but number three is becoming more attractive to me all the time.

So which one would appeal more to players and people?
>>
>>46065559
>mahou shoujo archetype out of the harbinger
We'll call it the Pretty pretty princess
>>
>>46065652
Reminds me of Wizard and Sorcerer being races in Smallworld.
>>
>>46065652
I think the biggest thing holding back DSP content from magical girling is the lack of an ability to get cute/cool familiars without eating the Skill Focus -> Eldritch Heritage/Iron Will -> Find Familiar feat tax.

Sure, psicrystals are useful, but people want a fluffy pet, not a rock. Maybe some archetypes for it too. Alternate psicrystal forms that are more than pure fluff.
I really think that's a thing psionics could use.
>>
You know it occurs to me that love can be a pretty dark emotion at times. Think we might get a harbinger archetype like that?

Haha who am I kidding, DSP isn't Paizo.
>>
>>46065713
>Yandere harbinger

Oh boy.
I'd play it.
>>
>>46065681
Anon pls.

>>46065713
Not sure if compliment or insult.
>>
>>46065689

Option 3, but in the Age of Sail.
>>
>>46065689
#1 appeals to me the most, of the three.

>>46065725
>>46065713
Yandere a shit, but dark love can be done without going full retard and is pretty impressive when done right.
>>
>>46065713
>>46065725
I am now imagining a Yanbinger "claiming" one of her group members and using the buffs she gets from that into absolutely slaughtering enemy armies just for the mere offense of 'looking at her husbando with those intense eyes'
>>
File: death.png (3 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
death.png
3 KB, 640x480
>>46065496
>BBEG's motivations

Since childhood, he hated the Fey. His father, grieving the death of his wife, fell prey so easily to a Leanan Sidhe's charms. Her influence brought new life and vibrancy to his art, while his young son was left to chop firewood and dodge the muse's appraising eyes.

The boy became /very/ good with an axe.

As the boy grew, his father grew more famous in the world of art, more talented - and weaker. Sicker. More delirious. The madness of the First World took him more and more. This would not stand.

The day his father died, a withered husk of a man, the boy knew what he had to do. He took his axe, with its iron head, and drove the temptress from his home - then burnt it to the ground. His father's magnum opus, a portrait of the entrancing Fey woman, burned with the home and its painter's body.

The boy took his axe and went out into the woods, and there he met a group of incompetent bandits. With a drive for vengeance, an intractable hatred, and skill with the axe, he remolded them into a fighting force the region had never seen before - and thus the Iron Sons were born.

Much has changed since then, and his hatred died in the flames of the village he burned years later, replaced with remorse and a grim determination to finish what he started - the annihilation of every Fey in the forest. He grows closer and closer to success now - and when he is done, or before should it find him, he has no intention of resisting the headsman's axe. The path he walks is a path of blood and iron, but no other remains. There can be no forgiveness for what he has done towards this goal, no righting of the wrongs. The children slain that burning night will never live again. The Iron Bear will never know rest, or solace, or mercy, for in the grim darkness of the Blackwood Forest, there is only war.

He made his choice long ago.
>>
>>46065689

#3 set during the 30 Years War.

Now you've got all the good of #3 with all the good of #1.
>>
So how many people's characters got fucked over by the Fencing Grace reprint?

(Ultimate Intrigue reprinted Fencing Grace with the same language as Slashing Grace errata, i.e. Not Usable With Fucking Anything, because nothing—but nothing—is allowed to make the terrible Swashbuckler class look as bad as it is.
>>
>>46065771
>Yanbinger
>Rather than claiming an enemy, she claims a husbando instead

This is a thing. This should be a thing. Why isn't this a thing?
>>
>>46065496
I have two.

The first is not so much evil as he is insane. After his days studying lycanthropy, he thinks that he can unlock unimaginable power from the moon. He claims that the power he tries to harness could be used as a source of energy to fuel a massive magical/technological revolution.

The PCs will eventually find out, after helping him advance his research, that he is making a magic nuke in the middle of one of the biggest population centers in my world. The BBEG doesn't know this, and he is too invested in his research to believe that he could be wrong, leading to his Moral Event Horizon when he decides that destroying the world's second largest city is a small price compared to the potential gains of his research.

The second is a lich who was once the high priest of a theocracy worshipping a god of death. He has ruled over the necropolis that was once the capital of his nation since his transformation, which triggered a zombie apocalypse within his borders. In the ~200 years since his "ascension" he has decided that the rest of the world needs to feel the freedom of undeath, but his borders are well-guarded by the Good-aligned remnants of the Church.
>>
>>46065815
What is this now? Can we get a link/page?
>>
>>46065848

I only have word from the Paizo forums since only some subscribers have their PDFs right now, and I can't find a torrent.
>>
>>46065820
Because you haven't written it yet.
>>
>>46065815
What about the Unchained Rogue? Don't they get DEX-to-damage baked right into their class features?
>>
>>46065750
It was a jab at Paizo's tendency to shoehorn in rape to everything.
>>
>>46065529
>>46065652
You only really need a single dip into the magical girl archetype for the qt familiar and the transformation sequence.

You can then proceed to your main mahou shoujo class for everything else.
If you're a 'friend to all living things' mahou shoujo - roll a druid or witch
If you're a 'befriend someone by lasering them' - roll a sorc
If you're a 'I will fix all my friends' and families' problems with magic' - roll a wizard
If you're a symphogear - roll a bard, skald, rubato, invest in perform: song
>>
>>46065765
That's the thing.
I think modern anime has parodied the yandere too much to the extent everyone thinks the archetype means 'crazy girl who says she loves you but will stab you over a misunderstanding'.

But it shouldn't be like that - at its core a good yandere should be exactly what you said. Dark overbearing love that's scary because it's too much of what you wished for.
>>
>>46065820
This was the mechanical idea behind the embarrassment princess archetype

Even though its fluff will never survive into a print version I still think it's a cool system, mechanically
>>
>>46065928
Why do you have to blow a single level just for flavor?
>>
File: 1448378994258.png (39 KB, 368x388) Image search: [Google]
1448378994258.png
39 KB, 368x388
>>46065928

Imagine gestalting with "Magical Child/Chosen One."
>>
>>46065953
Because we're not all optimizing for fun. If roleplay is involved, sacrificing a single a single level and a few feats doesn't seem so bad.
>>
Blood-Boiling Pills are the single best nonmagical piece of gear you can buy for your character, and you won't convince me otherwise.
>>
>>46065928
In theory a good idea, but
>If you then go into the actual Mahou Shoujo class, the Aegis, it eats both your first standard and swift action to transform every battle
>Familiar never scales, and so never learns to talk or generally be cool

>>>Hindered spellcasting progression
>>
>>46065976
Throw in some Knight-Chandler into that blender as well
>>
>>46065750
Another Marksman question: is the extra damage dice from the Mobile Knife's Mobile Combat count as precision damage? It's a Xeph racial archetype in case you don't remember.
>>
>>46066010
>Familiar never scales, and so never learns to talk or generally be cool

Eldritch Heritage: Arcane could easily fix that

>Hindered spellcasting progression
>implying unchained summoner spell list deserves any attention
>>
>>46065772
>[ MERCY ]
>>
>>46066035
>Edritch Heritage
>Skill focus tax

>implying unchained summoner spell list deserves any attention
No, hindered spell progression in the class you're going /into/. Like druid, wizard, sorc, etc progression.
>>
>>46065928
>If you're a 'befriend someone by lasering them' - roll a sorc

Nanoha is a Warlock, by every metric.
>No spells, just a bunch of spammable blasts and invocations
>rolls off charisma
>by fluff, most warlocks are chaotic evil but you can't tell because 'lol invocations to hide alignment'
>>
>>46066060
At least it's not attached to a bloodline with a totally useless skill, like Heal. Actually, you can swap out a 1st-level bloodline power for a bloodline familiar now, can't you? Can you do that with Eldritch Heritage? If so, just take a draconic heritage with Skill Focus: Perception or whatever other bloodline corresponds to a particularly useful skill and then trade out the power for a familiar.
>>
>>46066130
Skill focus is never truly useful anon, unless you're a bard abusing the fuck out of versatile performance or some other cheese.
>>
So what, if any, sphere would a cabalist get a free talent in? Death?

Gonna put together some sphere vigilantes when I get home.
>>
>>46065997

You could indulge your desire to be the little girl without multiclassing.
>>
>>46065588
W..what is she going to do to that fey.
>>
File: 1454001577756.jpg (144 KB, 950x920) Image search: [Google]
1454001577756.jpg
144 KB, 950x920
>>46065928
But what if I want to be a Meguca? or Card Captor Sakura? or a PreCure?
>>
>>46066178
That makes no sense. If it's not good enough to ever be useful on its own, using it with Versatile Performance shouldn't be enough to make it good either. In the end, both come down to just being bonuses on skills, which CAN be important.
>>
>>46066217
She wants to get the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat.
>>
>>46066204
Or by dressing as a qt girl when you come to the sessions.

>>46066217
Just talk to it, from the looks of things.
>>
>>46066204
The best way to be a magical girl is still aegis 3/Knight Chandler X though, as long as you can figure out a way to get a familiar in.
>>
>>46066225
Sakura's a binder. All the cards are alive.
>>
>>46066217
Just a little light hand holding.
>>
>>46066178
+6 to Not Dying to Assassins and Sometimes Getting The Surprise Round is a good attribute honestly
>>
>>46066255
Couldn't that be an occultist?
>>
>>46066255
Sakura doesn't gain the ability to enhance herself with her cards until long after she's captured them all, though.
>>
Okay gents, I need your opinions, so humor me for a spell

What would be the best way to build Keyblade wielders? I was thinking of some manner of Soulknives, but I'm not too sure. Further, as examples, what would be the best way to build the various different Keybladers, like Sora, Aqua, Terra, Eraqus, and No-Heart Xehanort
>>
File: 1392283698269.jpg (85 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1392283698269.jpg
85 KB, 550x550
>mfw I posted the Magical Girl archetype image from last last thread's OP to my DM and group
>mfw they're adoring it

Where's the Ultimate Intrigue book? I need to give the DM all she needs because apparently she really, really wants to build one.
>>
>>46066043
>showing mercy to a CE bandit lord

Anon, the gods themselves (except maybe Shelyn) would rejoice if you straight-up decapitated the guy.
>>
>>46066227
Taking it on a rubato with agile dancer will let you use Perform (Dance) for acrobatics along with potentially three other skills.
Essentially it makes one skill focus apply to five different things, which starts to be on the decent side of valuable.

And of course, there's pageant of the peacock.
>>
>>46066290
Magus? Keyblade wielders are just refluffed sword users who can cast spells, right?
>>
>>46065515
I'm putting in a Magical Child! I haven't sent it in just yet because I'm still nailing down details, but I'm excited to see if the class is as fun as it looks! (To me, I know you guys all think it's terrible, you don't gotta remind me :P)
>>
>>46065546
>Magical Girl Archetype
>doesnt even have blasting
wonderful
just masterfully created by paizo
>>
>>46066269
I can't find the ruling that says any sorc bloodline can get a familiar instead.
Skill focus perception might not even be on the table in the first place.
>>
>>46066225
As an anon kindly pointed out to me like five threads ago, Precures are initiators in frilly dresses.
>>
>>46065515
I applied as a soulknife! I will be all perceptive for you guys and shit.
>>
>>46066308
Not quite. Each Keyblade is semi-unique to its owner, and grows in power and its owner's heart grows in strength

Take for example, Ventus. He has that gimpy retard Keyblade because his hearts is shattered, weak, and is only half of what he is, since most of it was sheared off to make Vanitus.
Terra meanwhile has a big broadsword like hunk of metal, and Aqua's is thin and acts like a rapier/magic wand. While Xehanort in his prime could shapeshift his Keyblade and use it to perform Capoira
>>
>>46066225
But anon, I don't want my familiar to be stuck a regular animal forever!
>>
>>46066354
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/familiar#TOC-Bloodline-Familiars

It's from Familiar Folio, IIRC.
>>
>>46066387
Black blade magus?
>>
>>46066387
Soulknife, then.
>>
>>46066386
>>46066328
>>46065595
Well, if my arcanist get accepted, you guys won't have to worry about face stuff. I burned the two feats needed for Orator, which is one of my favorite things in the whole game.
>>
>>46066286
Could be her archetype, or facets of the cards/spirits themselves.
>>
>>46066328
Playing one so soon?
We don't even know what feat support the vigilante has.
>>
>>46066292
Unfortunately the anon who had it didn't post more than the Vigilante and some archetypes. You can find all the stuff you need to build a Magical Child in the previous threads though.
>>
>>46066352
Oh, but don't you see anon, it has the greatest blasting ability of all. There is no other ability in all of PFRPG that could do the kind of damage that this shitty archetypes has done to your hopes.
>>
>>46066417
Don't care, don't care! It's adorable and it makes me excited!

The campaign starts at level 1 anyways, so, if there's any important feats, I'll only be one feat behind! Or, if they show up before the game starts, maybe not even one!
>>
>>46066417
There is no Extra Vigilante Talent if that is what you are hoping for.
>>
>>46066415
I'll leave the face stuff to you; my character's super good at lying, though. Juuust in case that should be an issue.
>>
>>46066475
Is there a feat to stand dramatically on top of things too narrow or weak to believably hold you? A magical girl isn't a magical girl if she can't balance on tiptoe atop a power pole!
>>
>>46066399
Yeah I think by RAW it doesn't work.
>At 1st level, a sorcerer, bloodrager, or any other character with one of the following bloodlines can choose to gain a bloodline familiar.

First, the feat doesn't actually give you the bloodline, just the bloodline power.
Second, even if it did, you only get it at 3rd level, which means you miss the opportunity to do it.

A sane DM would probably let you get away with it, but it's not 100% sound.
A saner DM would waive the feat tax entirely
>>
>>46066475
Jesus christ what a mess.
So they really think 70% of those talents are more valuable than what a feat should grant?
>>
>>46066489
What, and just let anyone have a familiar for free?
>>
Is the Gunslinger class as fun to play as it sounds?
>>
>>46066528
No.
>>
>>46066528
Not really. It has seriously limited options both in and out of combat.
>>
>>46066528
Not since they nerfed it. It can still do some respectable things in the right hands (see: echslinger in Iron Gods, Bolt Ace in general), but you're probably better off going with another class entirely.
>>
>>46066528
If you like most of your combat actions being "I attack", "I reload", and "I waste a turn fixing a misfire", go for it.
>>
>>46066528
If you dont buy into the antihype, yeah.
>>
>>46066487
I'm not sure if they are for or against making the game Literally Anime.
>>
>>46066523
For just a feat without the skill focus tax, maybe.
Maybe with requirements of casting or a spell-like ability, and then a feat to gain a simple but useful spell-like ability for the pure mundanes.

I mean, it works for psicrystals.
>>
>>46066528
Only one if you use advanced firearms
>>
>>46066528
Too much of the "features" are just getting the bare minimum functionality out of a weapon. It can be disappointingly barebones after that consideration.
>>
>>46066528
Its absolute shit.

You want to do some useful fun things with firearms, here's better suggestions:

Eldritch Archer Magus + Spellslinger
Alchemist with Explosive Missile Discovery
Savage Technologist
Gunsmoke Mystic
LiterallyAnythingButGunslinger
>>
>>46066415
I'm not sure what my maho shojo will specialize in! I'm still reading over everything! And I don't want to blab all my ideas in public because that's how you end up with someone else having all your ideas. :P

But I do know I have a caterpillar familiar, so I'm good at Disguise, at least! That's important for a vigilante, I think probaly!

(Are you on the /pfg/ IRC? You should come! Be friends with us! There's like three other applicants to the game there, wouldn't it be neat if we were all friends?)
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>46066579

What is the real-world equivalent of Advanced Firearms, anyway? Are we talking guns from the Revolutionary War, Civil War rifles, or straight-up WW1 bolt-actions?
>>
>>46066594
>/pfg/ IRC
I had no idea that's a thing. How do I get there?
>>
>>46066610
probably late ww2 guns.
>>
>>46066518
Pretty much. This especially hurts the casting archetypes (Zealot, Warlock, Cabalist, Magical Child) as they trade out 5 talents for casting but also the Wildsoul and Psychometrist who trade out 4 talents.
>>
>>46066610
I'd say Wild West since its all Revolver, Rifle, and Shotgun
>>
>>46066627

Isn't that kind of bullshit, though? Pathfinder rules treat firearms as though they go from 16th century Matchlocks to WW2 smokeless semi-automatic rifles without any inbetween.

You know what would be fun? A proper rifled musket like from the Civil War, which has the reloading speed of a "basic" firearm but otherwise has all the benefits of an Advanced Firearm (basically a slow-reload Advanced with 1 shot per reload.)
>>
>>46066620
If you know how to use IRC, connect to irc.rizon.net and join #pfg ! If you don't, or you are very lazy, click this link!
https://qchat.rizon.net/?randomnick=1&channels=#pfg
>>
>>46066428
It's funny because it's true ;_;
>>
>>46066428
>>46066661
I must have one hell of a DR and/or energy resistance then, because I am still pretty hyped.
>>
>>46066352
Refer here
>>46065928
>>
>>46066652
How about no?

Just treat guns as crossbows. They deal more damge, cost double, and need full action to fix a "misfire" that only ever happens on a 1 ever at all.
>>
File: Baqua.png (143 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Baqua.png
143 KB, 800x1000
>>46066675
Nah, you just have pic related
>>
File: 4103880_std.jpg (13 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
4103880_std.jpg
13 KB, 360x203
>>46066610
Just the usual, you know. 12-gauge autoloader, .45 long slide with laser-sighting, phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range, Uzi 9mm.
>>
File: bard.png (197 KB, 678x314) Image search: [Google]
bard.png
197 KB, 678x314
I just wanna play as Bard.
>>
>>46066694
Anon, that doesn't work in the metaphor. A low INT won't protect you from blasters. Come on, work with us here, did you even try?
>>
File: 2323455158.png (28 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
2323455158.png
28 KB, 500x223
Now that magical girl is a thing, is Vigilante (Magical Child) now the official "most likely to get people protecting her smile" class?
>>
>>46066654
Hey, so uh, why the hell isn't that in the pastebin?
>>
File: 2b642bddda557daaa236ca3542e5030b.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2b642bddda557daaa236ca3542e5030b.jpg
559 KB, 1920x1080
Neat! New Pixiv Fantasia updates.

Does /pfg/ prefer mahou shoujos or mecha musumes?
>>
>>46066749
Probably because it's a small irc chat of a group of a couple people.
>>
>>46066754
Speak English please
>>
File: e845a3a70dfca2aa4730a6537d8d199e.jpg (564 KB, 2952x1990) Image search: [Google]
e845a3a70dfca2aa4730a6537d8d199e.jpg
564 KB, 2952x1990
>>46066746
"most likely to get killed for being a terrible at their supposed title"

>>46066754
Mecha Musume
>>
>>46066754
>>46066771
Mahou Shoujo = Magical Girls (Madoka, Sakura, Sailor Moon)
Mecha Musume = Mecha Girls (Symphogear, Nanoha, Vivids)
>>
>>46066754
Mecha musume.

If they're proper robots, not just humans with a monotone and built in headphones.
>>
>>46066746
"Most likely to dash hopes and dreams by being a shitty ass weaker Unchained summoner."
>>
>>46066819
Thank you.

Second one sounds cuter.
>>
File: siu6.png (516 KB, 954x1350) Image search: [Google]
siu6.png
516 KB, 954x1350
What race would this be, /pfg/?
>>
>>46066754
>>46066874
We don't like degeneracy here. Take your disgusting pedophile pandering elsewhere.
>>
File: siu7.png (1 MB, 990x1288) Image search: [Google]
siu7.png
1 MB, 990x1288
>>46066874
>>
>>46066874
That's plain Kitsune isn't it?
>>
File: Andoran_symbol.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Andoran_symbol.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
>>46066883
Cheliax please go.
>>
File: The_Amazing_Spider-Man.png (754 KB, 1034x1005) Image search: [Google]
The_Amazing_Spider-Man.png
754 KB, 1034x1005
Stalker or Avenger for Wild Soul Supaidah man?
>>
>>46066898
Kitsune are not made of elemental air.
>>
>>46066899

A BLUE DRAGON.

A SYMBOL OF TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION.
>>
>>46066754
Mecha Musume. I have yet to see any class that I could roll to become Laser Sword wielding, Beam-spamming Nanoha.

>>46066874
>>46066890
Kitsune

>>46066883
>wheredoyouthinkweare.webm

>>46066905
Wild Soul is shit
Also, >no Batman Vigilante archetype
Dropped the ball again, Paizo
>>
When I can "always act in surprise round" what does this means?

Is it only apply when there is surprise round happen (ambush etc.)?

Does this ability add surprise round into every combat even the one where every is aware of each other?
>>
>>46066926
That's not air, anon.
That's a very very fluffy tail after several hours being blow-dried and brushed
>>
>>46066905
Harbinger.

They can get spider climb!
>>
>>46066952
It means that even if you get ambushed, you roll initiative and act. It doesn't add a surprise round to non-ambush combats.
>>
>>46066769
So it's not an official /pfg/ chat? Why are they calling it that then?
>>
>>46066951
>no Batman Vigilante archetype
Raven Lord Harbinger.
>>
>>46066929

No really, why does Andoran have a Blue Dragon?
>>
So, here's a question.

In Skyrim I played a character that was sort of a mix between a rogue, a ranger, and a sorcerer. Very evasive, a lot of focus on ranged sneak attacks, with some powerful illusion spells to supplement the playstyle. Is this sort of character possible to build? I was looking at Beguiler, which I liked, but it lacked the focus on archery that I'm looking for and it seemed like taking archery feats on a Beguiler would be... submoptimal.

Any ideas?
>>
>>46066951
Normal stalker vigilante is batman.
Returning Weapon for Batarang.
Hide in Plain Sight, Surprise Strike etc.
>>
What were the major changes from Ultimate Intrigue's playtest to the final product?
>>
So... tonight, my group suplexed an owlbear.
>>
>>46067065
That sounds interesting, anon! Tell me more.
>>
>>46067004
Check out eldritch archer magus and arcane duelist bard.
>>
>>46066951
That's vanilla Vigilante, you goon.

Only hitch is that Bats would be both a Stalker and an Avenger at the same time.

Maybe he's a double vig gestalt.
>>
File: Owlbear doll.jpg (75 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
Owlbear doll.jpg
75 KB, 500x701
>>46067004
I have never played Skyrim. Try making a Vigilante (Stalker archetype) / Illusionist / Bladecaster focused on Tempest Gale or Solar Wind.

If you don't care that much about Sorcerer bloodlines, use a Warlord / Sorcerer / Bladecaster instead.

>>46067065
Next, you have to use the Black Seraph Owlbear against them.
>>
>>46067131
>Black Seraph Owlbear

Is this a thing someone has actually done?
>>
Anybody have the fixed unchained swashbuckler from that one anon? I wanna check it out again.
>>
>>46067186
I don't even remember which version is the fixed one. There was something wrong in like the first two deeds right?
>>
>>46067097
We have an Orc Titan Mauler Barb (with a level in hunter)

He hits like 28 strength with everything up.

The owlbear hit him with both claw attacks, grappled him. He took control of the grapple, asked if he could throw it at the other one. We looked at the max weight versus the listed weight of the average owlbear. And he succeeded at the strength check.

Not much else to say. He has an orc with a 6 Int, that only speaks rock (terran), and he plays it straight up.
>>
File: 1454432985336.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1454432985336.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46067186
Enjoy.
>>
So what's the best way to make a character who does healing and support 24/7 and nothing else?
>>
File: Black Seraph Owlbear.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Black Seraph Owlbear.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46067163
Yes, but I'm not sure why anyone would ask for it in the first place.
>>
>>46067234
Spheres of Power. You only get the powers you want, and focusing on life makes you a real motherfucker of a healer.
>>
>>46067217
Still says Bravade Blade in 2 places (its former version). Was there an update after this one?
>>
>>46067234

Life Oracle.
>>
>>46067262
Dunno for sure. I believe the guy who made it has seen that corrections need to be made, but I don't know if he's put them in yet.
>>
>>46067037
Warlock is no longer Arcanist casting
Half of its talents got split with a new archetype called Cabalist
Zealot lost the patrons
>>
>>46067309
Warlock used to be arcanist casting? Goddamnit.
>>
>>46065441
Anon from earlier that was going to try for a Chimera Soul Werewolf
Sheet's going good so far, just need skills and cash (my last parts I always do). I had a quick question on Stances, though. Do they last for a certain number of rounds, or do you just expend a maneuver for the encounter and shift into it for good?
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=752264
>>
>>46066883
You shouldn't refer to yourself in the plural, Anon.
>>
>>46067323
It was 6th level Arcanist casting with Magus progression
>>
>>46067001
Blue dragon on one side. Were?wolf on the other. Enemies attempting to get in, repulsed by the golden eagle of freedom? I dunno.
>>
>>46067262
>>46067292
I do need to make corrections and edits, but I've been bogged down with work/other projects for the last few weeks. Also, I honestly wasn't expecting the Unchained Swashbuckler to be requested again past those first few threads when I worked on it. I'll go on an editing spree before bed and see what needs correcting so I can put out a finalized edit in the morning.
>>
>>46067309
Someone mentioned mystic bolt was nerfed. What was it previously? And which talents went to the Cabalist?

What were Zealot patrons?
>>
>>46067267
>>46067260
Make sure to throw some ranks in Profession (courtesan) on there.
>>
>>46067342
Fuck, the prep casting it has now is the only thing I dont like about it.
>>
>>46067327
Stances work in Path of War by the following:
>You gain a certain amount of Stances based on your level in whatever class you decide to be
>Entering a stance is a swift action (including swapping from one stance to another)
>You remain in a stance until you choose to leave it, fall unconscious, or die
>You benefit from the stance you are in until you leave the stance
>Stances do not expend maneuvers, nor are they counted against your maneuvers; however, they rank on a tier system (1-9) just like normal maneuvers or spells or psionic powers do
>>
A question. IIRC, if you want to give detailed order to a summoned creature, you first have no know at least one of the languages it can speak.

Then, what happens when you summon... well, for example, celestial dire tiger? You want it to activate its smite evil and pounce the shit out of wizard past a golem. But obviously tiger can't speak any language. What do?
>>
File: Cdq3l_kUMAE74er.jpg large.jpg (74 KB, 699x1077) Image search: [Google]
Cdq3l_kUMAE74er.jpg large.jpg
74 KB, 699x1077
>>46066969
Are you sure this is not air?
>>
So I just noticed that Staff Magus can be combined with Hexcrafter. Is there any real reason not to do this? Other than using Eldritch Archer instead of course.
>>
>>46067353
Oh, I just thought there was a later one I missed. Good luck!
>>
>>46067368
Oh, sorta like Styles then. Cool, thanks for the clarification!
These stances look super cool, too. This is exactly what I wanted to be doing with this character in Pathfinder, too
>>
>>46067369
All creatures with Int 3+ can speak Common unless noted otherwise.
>>
>>46067402
They work very similarly to styles, yes. However, something to note is that while they are similar, they are NOT THE SAME as Styles; you can be in both a Stance and a Style at the same time, which in some cases works really well (Wolf Style/Trip/Savage works wonderfully with Chimera Soul, for instance).
>>
>>46067353
Sounds good, man. No rush.
>>
>>46067388
If you can see it, how can it be air? That's just long fluff moving about to resemble clouds because whoever the character is happens to be air-themed. Can be a wind-focused druid or whatever, that's class stuff.
>>
>>46067421
Alright, I'll make not of that. Thanks!
>>
>>46067358
Mystic Bolt used to be Ranged Touch from the get go. Now you have to wait till 5th for that.

Shadow Jump, Shadow Body and Familiar used to be on the Warlock.

Here's a brief rundown on the old Zealot
>Fey - changed casting to Hunter casting, and gave SLA Vanish
>Abyssal - gave Claws like sorceror bloodlines and added "demon" spells
>Celestial - gave healing fire iirc and "angel" spells
There may have been an infernal but I don't remember it.

This lead to Zealot Fey -> Shades of Uskwood making a 6th level divine casting necromancer that had Empower Symbol, Channel Energy etc.
>>
>>46067400
Nope, that's definitely the second one. On the first draft I accidentally left out a major class feature. That one should be complete. Spear Dancer style probably needs a minor nerf, but other than that and the few remaining missed find/replaces, it should be complete.
>>
>>46067446
Nooooo. We were so close to a solid necromancer.
>>
So this thread got me thinking: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tjaf?PoW-Origins

How do you incorporate PoW stuff into your home games/settings? Do folks like/use the Traditions, and are they easy to modify?
>>
Is the vigilante good, bad, or kinda in the middle?

Good-Bard
Bad-Swashbuckler
Kinda in the middle-Slayer
>>
>>46067524
I just pretend everyone else knows about them except the PCs, who are out-of-touch.
>>
>>46067552
Middling, I think. Theyve got some really neat stuff, like lethal grace and batarangs.
>>
>>46067552
>Bad-Swashbuckler
>Swashbuckler
>bad

Charmed Life, bro. Charmed. Life.
>>
>>46067552
It's okay. It's essentially two characters, an T4 skill monkey and a T4 Rogue knockoff, rolled into one character.

Honestly though, it works much better as an NPC
>>
File: 1405548634339.png (46 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
1405548634339.png
46 KB, 569x571
>>46067598
>>
File: Old Empires Cover.png (1 MB, 601x781) Image search: [Google]
Old Empires Cover.png
1 MB, 601x781
>>46067524
I use the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

I change the names from the web enhancement for the ToB.

>http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070911

I haven't had a chance to use the Traditions yet, but they look easy to adapt.
>>
Surely there's a better system to explore your faggy magical loli cliches. Why do you people gravitate toward Pathfinder? What did Paizo do to earn this horrible fate?
>>
>>46067004
>>46067131
> Dovahkiin
> Not Thundercaller Bard
> Not shouting "FUS RO DAH" 3 times per round
>>
>>46066110
>Nanoha
>No spells

u focking wat m8
>>
>>46067552
depend on archetype too. many archetype push it to tier 3 with 6th casting.
>>
>>46067552
Prematurely:

Vigilante (Stalker) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Avenger) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Brute) is probably lower end of Tier 4
Vigilante (Magical Child) is low Tier 3 to mid Tier 3
Vigilante (Cabalist) is low Tier 3 to mid Tier 3
Vigilante (Zealot) is low Tier 3 to mid Tier 3
Vigilante (Warlock) is low Tier 3 to mid Tier 3
Vigilante (Mounted Fury) is Tier 4
Vigilante (Psychometrist) is mid Tier 4 to high Tier 4
Vigilante (Wildsoul) is Tier 4
>>
>>46067680
People really didn't like 4th edition.

Paizo stepped in to meet the demand.
>>
>>46067680
I just enjoy straining a system's flexibility to represent unusual things, honestly. There's always a 'better system for it' no matter what you do, but this one is popular and played and has a lot of other stuff to play your creations alongside.
>>
>>46067524
My last DM said that the western cultures discovered arcane and divine magic and expanded upon both as sciences. The eastern cultures developed mysticisms as a sciences and philosophies and disciplines) (psionics, ki, occult, psychics, PoW)

It was cliche, but it made sense in his own worldbuilding, I guess.
>>
>>46067524
I use them to substitute covenants in my Dark Souls game
>>
>>46066225
>Megucas
PsyArm for Sayaka/Kyoko, Arcane Archer magus for Mumi and Madoka, Homu's got Time Sphere and took Gunslinger.

>CCS
Master Summoner with a Harrow deck.

>PreCures
Initiators, Qinggong Monks, or martial Bards depending on the series.

Hell, even the most blasty magical girls, the Nanohas aren't super blasty except for Nanoha herself, who's bullshit enough to probably be an optimized Arcanist with a Crossblooded Fire/Orc one drop. Hayate is just a regular ass Wizard who likes CC and has bound fighters. They just have more ranged options than most. Once Modern Belkan becomes a thing, punching and regular weapons become as important as fat pink friendship beams.

Now Sailor Senshi? You have to make them Kineticists or Druids, so have fun with that.
>>
>>46067398
Because if you go Staff/Hex, you're not going Bladebound/Hex.
>>
>>46066754
For most of /pfg/, they're the same unless they're megucafags.

Cutie Honey for life, fuckers.
>>
>>46067524
Sort of collaborative worldbuilding.

Generally our settings are pretty vague, so if a player says "I wanna be an X and use Y Tradition" we just kinda make the Organization a thing and the DM sometimes uses the org as part of the plot.
>>
Paizo nerfed fencing grace? Now it's like Slashing Grace? Ahahahahaha.
>>
File: 1458121591108.jpg (235 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458121591108.jpg
235 KB, 848x1200
>>46067753
Sayaka is a PsyArm, yeah.
Kyouko is a Piercing Thunder / Thrashing Dragon ZweiSent
Mami is a refluffed PsyArm
Madoka/Godoka is a Wilder
Homu is a evil bitch who did everything wrong But seriously, she's a gunsmoke mystic wth Riven Hourglass and all her wealth spent on bags of holding
>>
>>46067801
what as it before?
>>
>>46067762
I just personally prefer Staff Magus over Bladebound, especially because I like trip builds.
>>
>>46067524
Pretty much just use it in the background. It's normal fighting styles, mostly. Some of it's weird teaching. Most of it's just handwaved.
>>
>>46067806
If you like trip builds, you'll be interested to know that a whip is a one-handed slashing weapon and therefore a valid Black Blade.
>>
>>46067803
>>
>>46067801
What happened?

>>46067818
This. Changes. Everything.
>>
>>46067680
PF attracts faggots of all stripes. You, for example.
>>
>>46067818
>trip
>doing anything against CMD
>ever

it's like you're purposely trying to make things harder on yourself
>>
>>46067827
Go get 'em tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2mR9FvTYM
>>
>>46067782
>Cutie Honey
Vanilla Vigilante. Not a mahou shoujo. Her transformation choker is actually just a refluffed sleeves of many garments - hence why she likes to do several costume changes.
>>
>>46067827
>>46067818
Also, Whip Mastery lets you deal lethal normally and you don't provoke for attacking.
>>
>>46067864
I knew about Whip Mastery, but I've only ever used a whip once, and that was with a Bard
>>
http://dreamscarred.com/product/path-of-war-expanded/

Path of War: Expanded is out now!

Sorry if it's been posted in any of the previous threads...
>>
>>46067859
Are you really calling the ur-fighting Mahou Shoujo not a Mahou Shoujo? Were you dropped on your head as a child?
>>
>>46067843
>He can't trip
>LaughingFighters.png.
>>
>>46067843
Actually a trip Magus is legit

Spell combat->True Strike
Can make themselves big
can take the required feats
>>
>>46067898
Lets start with the fact that Cutie Honey wasn't magical and her powers were tech-based from her performance enhancing choker of disguise.
>>
>>46067915
>>46067926

>Anything that flies
>Anything with more than 6 or so legs
>Anything too much larger than you with 4 legs
>Anything without legs
>Anything incorporeal
>And at the end of it all, Prone is a shit debuff that you're a one-trick pony to inflict
>>
Weaboos get the fuck outta my board.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
>>
If any of the DSP guys are still around, would an Inquisitor's Cunning Initiative cancel out an Ordained Defender's Tactical Acumen? It seems like it would be either that or double Wisdom bonus on Initiative checks if they stack, which seems like it would be a bit broken.
>>
>>46067935
I'm just gonna say that a whip magus is not a one trick pony. You can still deliver your intensified empowered shocking grasp at 15 feet, which is a leg up on other magi (though a rapier or scimitar magus still beats you in damage).
>>
I saw something earlier thats was a CR25/MR 10 that births things and messes with births having like 43 ac and i cant find it anyone know?
>>
>>46067987
Drakaina.
>>
>>46067935

Spells bruh. If I expect to fight those enemies I.... don't ready a bunch of true strikes.

Also Prone is a pretty good debuff since it can prevent full attacks, provide a hit buff for your allies, and controls an enemy's actions.
>>
>>46067982
I'd like to point out that weapon damage means absolutely buttfucking nothing for a Magus, since the biggest chunk of her damage comes from spellstrike.
>>
>>46068006
The reason he said rapier is because you can fish for spellstrike crits.
>>
>>46067982
I love this. I can use spellstrikes without provoking AoOs or rolling concentration checks every round
>>
>>46068006
This
>>46068020

Rapier (or scimitar) + Scabbard of Keen Edges + Spellstrike = shocking grasp crits on a 15.
>>
>>46068020
This is true. A crit-fisher spellstrike magus is the holy grail build for many magii

>>46067753
She's an Arcanist / Hexcrafter Eldritch Archer / Spellslinger. Raging Heart is an arcane focus which doubles as a portable cannon from where she can use her ranged spellstrikes.
>>
>>46067964
Why is Cunning [Anything] related to any stat but Intelligence anyway?
>>
>>46068047
Cunning is cleverness. Being smart doesnt necessarily make you clever. Ever heard of idiot savants?
>>
>>46068043
Semi-related: What if there were alternative scabbards that granted all manner of magical weapon properties *but only for two rounds at a time*. Would that allow iaijutsu specialists to exist naturally (ie not some specific class archetype)?
>>
>>46067964
What type of bonus does each grant?

If there's no bonus and just 'use your wisdom to calculate initiative' then there's no stacking to be done.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1366x768
Esoteric Magus
Spellstoring Gloves + Spellstoring Amulet of Mighty Fists + Tattoo'd Spell + Unarmed Spellstrike

Should I or should I not?
pic related for inspiration of this build.
>>
>>46068076
I mean, absolutely anyone using the Mithral Current discipline would benefit the most from it.
>>
>>46068085
>One Punch (Per Day) Man
>>
>>46068081
Isn't it if it's the same bonus it doesn't stack?

Or can the same source not stack if they're untyped?
>>
>>46067927
Ignoring the Sufficiently Advanced thing that Symphogear, Corrector Yui, that AKB shill show, Nanoha and Madoka Magica have going on, Cutie Honey's transformation trinket gave her tech powers that were directly akin to the "little girl transforms into adult idol so you aren't a pedophile" magical girls that came before and since. It's classified a magical girl show by the original animation company that made the anime.

Learn your goddamned history and don't talk about shit you don't know.
>>
>>46068081
Neither specifies a bonus. One says you use Wisdom instead of Dexterity, the other says you add Wisdom to Dexterity. The question comes from the idea that using a non-OD Warder with a 2 level Inquisitor dip would calculate Initiative using Int+Wis and no Dex, so by that logic an Ordained Defender with that two level dip should get Wis+Wis, since it just replaces all instances of Int with Wis in Warder class features.
>>
File: 2c7d692ea83816bcb17acb8c45d705be.jpg (630 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
2c7d692ea83816bcb17acb8c45d705be.jpg
630 KB, 1400x1000
>>46068076
I can imagine a Fighter walking around with one greatsword and several magical scabbards.

>Wraiths? No problem, let me just sheathe + quickdraw my sword from my ghost-touch scabbard
>Trolls? hey, everyone. Put all your hard, sharp swords into my burning hot scabbard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.