[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Novelty Magical Item (not necessarily useless) Ring of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 11
File: PathFinderRaces.jpg (41 KB, 563x322) Image search: [Google]
PathFinderRaces.jpg
41 KB, 563x322
ITT: Novelty Magical Item (not necessarily useless)

Ring of Invincibilty: This solid gold can't be destroyed
>>
Sword of Throwing: When swung the user will be Thrown forward 5 feet
>>
>>46058453
could you technically fly if you swing it fast enough?
>>
>>46058273
The classic, the mace of healing. Does 1d4 damage but heals 1d6 hp
>>
>>46058469
forward, not up, friendo.

what you're looking for is the Sword of Upping: When swung the user will be thrown five feet in the air.
>>
Cloak of invisibility. The cloak itself is invisible.
>>
>>46058273
From a campaign, The Spider Box.
A small featureless wood box that when opened, would spew forth 1d4 non-hostile wolf spiders per second until closed.

We used it to shut down several competing taverns.
>>
>>46058273
Caestus of ecstasy: there's no such thing as too much lube
>>
Helmet of Immovability
Have to cast teleport to wear the helmet or to take it off, but once worn has incredible defensive potential. And no, it doesn't lock the character in place once worn, its just kinda heavy.
>>
The classic

Gloves of water walking: can walk on water but only if you're walking on your hands
>>
Bag of Screaming
when you open this bag, it let's out a horrible blood curdling screaming.
>>
>>46058273

Staff of the Patriarch: When struck against the ground, it creates a freshwater spring. When tossed at an enemy, it transforms into a huge snake.
>>
>>46058819
That's not a novelty that is super fucking useful.
>>
Ring of screaming: The ring lets out a continues terrible scream the moment it touches skin, and stops when removed.
>>
>>46058604
Cloak of Invisibility.
It works as intended. However you're completely blind while using it because no light is reaching your eyes
>>46058273
> Orb of Slope Detection
It glows when placed on a slope.
>>
Gauntlets of Blood-Lust
You become extremely aroused by combat, so much so that you have to make concentration rolls or risk stripping your clothes and humping the nearest humanoid.
>>
>>46058712
so would I be able to do chin-ups in a lake?
>>
>>46058906
>Orb of Slope Detection

So it's a magic spirit level?
>>
Amulet of Sand: Makes the ground within ten feet of you turn into sand.
>>
>>46058906
>>46058983
>Orb of Slope Detection
Rolls when placed on a slope.
>>
>>46058807
But that's useful.
>>
>>46059019
How?
>>
>>46059013
>>46058983
> Slope of Orb Detection
It glows when you place an orb on it
>>
>>46059013
That didn't even fucking occur to me. It's only benefit is in simply being round.
>>
>>46059031
distraction in a bag
>>
>>46059019
Combine it with a stone, a rope and a candle. Makes a perfect delayed distraction for escapes/thefts/burglary/ruckus to distract from whatever you wanna do.
>>
>>46059034
Detective of Orb beslopement

P.I. that can squish any sphere into a rough triangle.
>>
>>46058273
Ring of Giant Growth:
Make you grow really big! The ring doesn't grow.

Shifting Tatoos: These cool tattoos are shifting on your skin, they come in three form:
1)Theme: Flames burning, vines creeping, waves flowing, you got it.
2)Story: These tattoos depict a story. The story can progress with each tatoo or one tatoo can change to tell the whole story
3)Thoughts: A special motif that changes according to your mood and thoughts. Give a malus to Bluff but provide a bonus to Intimidation

Fire Mantle: Cape made of flowing fire that cannod be extinguished, even by you. Can't burn yourself and only starts flaming once you put it on.

Coin of Distraction: When thrown, this magical coin will produce a sound and have a glimmer that distracts your target unless they have already located you. Distracted target will try to locate the coin before looking for what throwed it.

Orb of Gambling: Magical orb that has 50% chance of showing exactly what you want to see even through illusions and 50% chance of showing an illusion that you WILL believe even if contrary proof exists.

Necklace of Truth: When somebody tells a lie within 10ft of you(you included), the beads of this necklace will vibrate producing a loud buzz that can be heared by everybody.Yes this can be used for sex.

Ghost blade: This strange sword with a translucent will go phase through non-organic matter without damaging it. When it touches flesh, it produces the same kind of pain if would with a real blade except it will last for 10 minutes. If a limb is "severed", all sensations are lost for 1 hour. It can't kill, only make someone loose consciousness.
Of note is the fact that you can't parry with this weapon.
>>
>>46059103
meant for
>>46059031
>>
Skull of the Toad King
All toads will seek this person out, and do anything within their limited power to serve him. Of course, unless the person can communicate with the toads, this is largely useless.
>>
>>46059153
anyone with wild tongue gets an amphibious army.

furthermore, since goblins are akin to toads, do these count?
>>
>>46059104
> Orb sloping device detection tool
Glows when it detects an orb of slope detection. It's convex concavature can mould rough triangles into multi-dimensional taverns.
>>
>>46058852
>Aaron thought so, too
>>
>>46058273

Can those rings be made? Because I have a great idea for armor.
>>
>>46059186
Good point, needs to be weirder.
How about it simply allows one to command one magical toad, which is identical to every other toad, with the exception that the toad cannot truly die, as it returns one full day after being slain. Also, the toad eats the same amount as a horse, and if left unfed, will eat the owner of the skull.
>>
>>46059287
nah son, I think the item is absolytely perfect. plan on using it in one of my games
>>
>>46058596
Seems like it's time for dual wielding.
>>
>>46058604
I could see this item being really popular with nobility. Keeps the rain off while letting you show off your sweet duds.
>>
>>46059337
perhaps we could sell it to an emperor, and claim that you need a really high wisdom score to see it.
>>
Gauntlet of Absurd Strength:
Allows you to punch REALLY REALLY hard like Captain Falcon, however you don't get sturdier meaning you only get one punch and then you're out.
>>46059337
Indeed. But could you see the raindrops on it?
>>
Chatterskull: A stone-carved replica of a humanoid skull with dull gems set into its eyesockets. When asked a question, it has a 20% chance of giving a useful answer, otherwise it will make a shitty bone pun/mock the party in an obnoxious skeletor voice
>>
>>46058273
I had an idea for a way to make a shy player roleplay a bit. A crown that was designed for an ancient warrior-princess. Gives a pretty valuable combat buff, but was designed to make the princess more ladylike, so only works when the wearer conforms to proper courtly ettiquette for a young lady. Give it to your barbarian/paladin and keep a meter running of how much the crown approves, with different rewards on the scale. I've used it or variants of it a bunch, and my last game ended up with my cyberpunk rogue sneaking around in a leotard and ballet pumps while their enchanted dagger gave posture advice.
>>
>>46058643
>1d4 non-hostile wolf spiders per second until closed.
So 6d4 per round? 2d10 would have been very similar and a lot less of a hassle.
>>
>>46059432
different average roll result
>>
Helm of Vision
While wearing the helm, your vision doubles in range and keenness. You may also see in the dark as if you had full Darkvision. However, when you take it off, you become blind for 1 full day. If the helm was worn longer than 1 day, you become blind permanently.
>>
>>46058273
Ram of the Ram: A ram in the shape of a living/breathing ram with golden horns. If convinced to charge at a door it will break it effortlessly, but will otherwise behave like a normal ram.
>>
>>46059057
Yes, that is the joke.
>>
>>46059369
So basically a reject dial from one piece? Shit's powerful.
>>
File: 1430075746888.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1430075746888.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
Ring of Light
After you put it on, it will begin to glow and for every second it glows more and more brightly until it shines so brightly everyone gets blinded. When taken off it goes out again
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>46059491
>behaves like a normal ram
nosurvivors.png
>>
>>46059491
Ripped straight from a webcomic, but what about the Seal Seal? A powerful sealing charm you can put on a door that's booby trapped to turn the interloper into a seal?
>>
>>46059390
Just ask the same question five times then.
>>
>>46059584
Cooldown/limited uses? Or also have a 20% chance of summoning skeletons, increasing in number every time it fires?
>>
True Vorpal Sword:
Doesn't cut off heads, just snickers loudly when swung.
>>
>>46059522
Unlike the Reject Dial, I'm talking "Crushing your arm in a pancake strong".
>>
spoon of stirring
spoon rumored to have been enchanted by a wizard chef
you don't know why but you get sad and think of your loved one's cooking every time you pick it up
>>
The Pretty Princess Hat

Designed as a giant fuck you by the city council, the hat is given to any visiting princesses and must be worn while in the confines of the city. It can not be removed by anything short of a high level dispel. It's effectively a 3ft wide, brightly colored sombrero with a sparkler effect along the edges. Above it, it produces a large, neon text display stating "Warning, Princess" along with her name and full title. It launches brightly colored fireworks every minute.

It was designed after a princess from a neighboring kingdom thought it might be fun to run around rampant in the city and got lost for several days, causing an international incident that almost led to war.
>>
Some novelty items that have come up in some of my games:

The Honk box - A box that when left open continiously lets out a very loud series of goose honks.

The Ring of Blinding - A very shiny gold ring which can temporarily blind enemies if you reflect light in their eyes just right.

The Monicle of Zooming - A monicle with a 1.5x zoom function

The Fork of Piercing - A very pointy (vorpal) silver table fork.

The rug of Comfiness - A rug so soft any who walk on it bearfoot are overcome with a great sense of comfort and satisfaction.

The Box of Coolness - A box enchanted so that any items placed inside it are very slightly cooled after a few minutes.

The Cloak of Heat - A cloak so warm it keeps you at the same level of temperature (a slightly uncomfortable overly warm) no mater what the surrounding conditions are (be that very cold or very hot)

Pills of Enlargement - Pills which enlarge a random body part to twice its normal size for a small duration.
>>
>>46059885
>the honk box
fuck i love it
>>
>>46059782
Plot hook: a rogue circus troupe lead by a charismatic and enchantress/illusionista have secretly stolen the Pretty Princess Hat and are using it to fast-track their cursed circus of child-stealing into the big leagues. Troupe leader has been parading around in the hat and no one can stop her since they all think she's a real princess.
>>
Boots of blinding speed. They make you blind when you run with them on.
>>
>>46059941
TES is frowning at you...

Boots of Dancing Charisma: Grants you a massive bonus to charisma, but only when dancing.
>>
>>46059935
shotgunning this.
>>
>>46060025
>my name is Cuban Pete
>>
>>46060102
inb4 someone makes a class that functions like the mask.
>>
>>46058273
Gloves of swordfingers.

After speaking the command word your fingers are shrouded in a dim silvery light that radiates in a 5ft radius around you until deactivated.

Your unarmed strikes are treated as shortswords changing their damage type to piercing.

This is great fun on monk rogues.

Gloves of deep wounds.
3 times per day when you hit a target with an unarmed strike you may cast the Inflict wounds spell for free as a lvl 1 spell on the target (Wis is your casting stat for it).
All expended charges are recovered at sunset.
>>
A favorite of mine that I saw on here a few years ago:

>The bagpipes of invisibility
These bagpipes make you perfectly invisible, but only as long as you continue to play them. You must use all of your arms to play them, no multiple arms exploit.
>>
>>46060296
what's the stealth penalty on the noise? bonus for the invisibility? what exactly are we dealing with here?
>>
>>46058553
OH GOD PLEASE STOP HEALING ME!
>>
Ring of Placement: a ring that tells you exactly where you are
But only on Tuesdays.
>>
>>46060296
>"My god, what is that sound, soldiers?"
>"General, thanks god you're here! Someone has been playing this dreadful instrument day and night for a week straight without stopping once! The problem is that we can't see the source of that sound and it keeps moving!"
>"My god... The dreadful bagpipes of Invisibility..."

Also, the Trumpet of Terror:
When played, this trumpet terrorizes everybody within range including the player and his friends.
>>
Coin purse of holding:
Can hold an infinite amount of coins of any kind. No matter what kind of coins you put into it the coin purse will always be able to give out exact change.
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

>>46060462
Testing
>>
>>46058596
>Sword of Upping
Not sure why this made me laugh
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 90x90
>>46060514
>*toot too*
>"oh fuck man that's spooky"
>>
>>46059006
Useful for escaping sand, but what happens if you stand on a bookshelf? does the bookshelf turn into sand? What if you step on someone?
>>
>>46059132
Ring of Giant Growth could be a deadly trap if it were an Amulet of Giant Growth
>>
>>46060618
Escaping prison***
>>
>>46060618
>>46060697
>"oh no, I'm surrounded by sand! this looks like a job for... MORE SAND!"
>>
>>46060697
What happens if you kick/dropkick a wall? Does it turn to sand?
>>
>>46060744
says ground only. could probably loosen up the foundation or something
>>
>>46060806
Thats what I'm saying though, what dictates what is 'ground' If i'm on the second story of a house do I turn the ground into sand and fall through?
>>
>>46060852
>>46060806
Also what happens if I jump into water? do I make a sand pillar that reaches the bottom of the water or do I just sink down until I touch the floor
>>
>>46060852
at what stage of decomposition is a body considered dirt and therefore ground?
>>
>Hammer Space
A magic bag that can produce various tools and other objects. When someone reaches into the bag, he or she must declare what they want to pull out of the bag and then roll d100. A roll of 80 or more will guarantee the puller gets what he wants from the bag. Lower rolls will produce results varying from slightly off to outright dangerous to the puller depending on how far below 80 the roll was. Items produced by the bag disappear when broken or after an hour.
>>
>>46060905
>>46060852
>>46060806
Sorry if I'm being annoyingly autistic. I just really like these threads.
>>
>>46059668
Also snacks, wasting precious rations.
>>
>>46061000
>>46059668
a +2 sword that must be fed a satisfying chocolate and nougat treat every day to keep its magical properties
>>
>Gloves of Maxilion Minirnus
for on hour you have one of your skills maxed out while another is reduced decreased as low as possible. Skills are selected at random.
>have a chance at being an incredibly strong but at the same time zero endurance
>equal chance of being extremely charismatic while completely mentally retarded
>>
>Wondrous sword of Peace
A perfectly functional, if plain-looking, sidesword and scabbard. The longer the sword remains sheathed, the more beautiful, elaborate and expensive the decorations on the hilt and scabbard become; the items revert to their original state if the sword is drawn.
>>
>>46061104
>reduced decreased as low as possible
reduced/decreased*
not sure why I'm being so dumb
>>
>>46061140
>Keep in scabbard for 30 years locked away.
>Sell once I get tired of working and retire, living the comfy life.
>>
>>46061194
Then some poor schmuck tries to use it and feels very very dumb...
>>
>Sword of substitution
when this sword is used to attack someone, the injury that would have been dealt to the victim is dealt to the wielder.
>>
>>46058596
Lie on back. Forward is now also up. Visit the moon.
>>
>>46059675
The reject dial is supposed to be fatal to use, I mean it didn't kill a single person in the series, even on the receiving end, but that's because in One Piece people almost never die.
>>
Fedora of overthinking
>>
Glass orb of bespotment, when shattered the shards of glass discolor things rather than cut them.
>>
>>46061433
Well memed friend
>>
>>46061433
possessed by everyone in this thread
>>
spheres of invisibility, stay invisible but only as long as you juggle these 3 wooden balls. If one is dropped then they all let out a loud screeching noise.
>>
>>46060719
>"Ahh, The situation has only been made worse with the addition of yet more sand!"
>>
>>46059523
But... that's actually really, really good.

>Wear gloves, go into a meeting with theives guild expecting ambush.
>When you yell a signal word to your party they close their eyes and your yank the glove off
>thieves get blinded, you take ring off, open eyes and kill them with no risk at all, they're blinded the whole fight because it suddenly got brighter than the fucking sun3 foot from their eyes.
>>
>Robes of Refusal

Every failed CHA roll made per day whilst wearing these robes grants the wearer +2 to any disguise checks for the rest of that day.
>>
>>46058596
Can I tie one to the other?
>>
>>46060852
My way to rule these things is that magic doesn't function on a physical level, but more with the caster's conception of reality, so it turns into quicksand whatever the holder conceives to be ground.
>>
>>46059363
nice, i get it
>>
>>46060462
Pretty useful if you've been lost for a while. Just try and measure the days since it last was Tuesday.
>>
The Staff of Sundering - it's just a stick, if you hit someone with it, it breaks.

The Gloves of Bootening & The Boots of Glovening - paired magical items. The Gloves turn your hands into your feet when worn allowing you to walk on your hands but suffer a penalty to attack, and the boots turn your feet into your hands. The magic only takes effect if both items are worn. yes they do cancel out
>>
>>46058273
Would the Ring of Invincibility be around at Heat Death?
>>
>>46059132

Hold up did you say "malus"? Is that what they call penalties in France?
>>
>>46063076
It's what some people believe to be the antonym of bonus.
>>
>>46058553
There was something like that in one 3.5e book. Used for finding vampires, you hit a suspect with it and if they're innocent the healing ensures they survive.
>>
>>46059262
Wearing chain mail made out of solid gold, even if it is magically durable solid gold isnt exactly the brightest idea.
>>
>>46059034
This is the best.
>>
>>46058596
This got a good chuckle outta me
>>
>>46059542
>Seal seal
This paper talisman, if attached to a seal, will trap the seal inside it until the talisman is ripped.

>Seal seal
This seal, if placed on top of someone, will hold them down and prevent them from moving. If they struggle too much, it will arp at them loudly.

>Seal seal
This is a rubber stamp with a picture of a seal
>>
>>46063518
the seal seal of sealing.

a rubber stamp in the shape of a seal that, when applied to the crack between a door and its frame, seals it shut until the mark is removed. smells of fish
>>
>>46059885
The honk box reminds me of what I used, the box of many sound. A small wooden box that's closed and unopenable (solid) but when shaken, prodded or otherwise disturbed emits a random sound, never twice the same (or at least the box had more sounds than the users patience). It served no purpose except being a product of an enchanter's apprentice's learning exercise. And an annoying time-waster.
>>
The flaming sword
The sword, when swung, loudly questions the sexuality of everyone nearby.
>>
Gloves of kleptomancy.
1d100 small but totally useless and worthless trinkets appear in your pockets every hour while in an urban or similar setting.
>>
>Magical Book of Mind Reading
>Gives you access to anyone's thoughts at any given time
>However, EVERYONE's thoughts are put into the book rendering it a nearly incomprehensible tome
>But it's fun to look at when you're not doing anything important or just wanna screw around
4chanted Book
>>
Armoire of invincibility. It is unbreakable and can protect you from anything as long as your hiding inside it.

Didnt come up with this myself if anyones wondering, took it from 8 bit theater.
>>
Magical monkey Herbert, it´s a regular monkey except for the fact that it has 3 tongues because of magic exposure when was just a little monkey.

Actually a part of my campaign.
>>
Rod of Morale: activation causes a disembodied voice to shout, "You can do it!"
>>
>>46064574
Rod of Motivation: activation causes a disembodied voice to shout, "Just Do It!"
>>
>>46064574
>>46064756
Rod of Bastards (or Bastard Rod): activated only by bastard children, causes the disembodied voice of the bastard child's father to shout words of encouragement

;_;7
>>
>>46061152
Were you wearing some strange gloves at the time?
>>
File: 1315112155855.jpg (77 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1315112155855.jpg
77 KB, 640x400
>>46059330
>>46058596
Give them to a skelecopter

SUPERSONIC SKELECOPTER

This needs a statblock, with a sonic boom flyby special attack.
>>
>>46059611
The skeletons aren't violent. Just annoyingly punny.
>>
>>46064836
Rod of Rod Detection: Glows when rods are present.
>>
>>46065016
Rod of Rods: when activated, a new, identical rod sprouts off the original rod.
>>
>>46060521
too real
>>
>>46063617
Flaming Shield: Loudly invites enemies of the same sex as wielder if they're DTF when struck.
>>
A gentlemen's hat: A fedora that has a 5 tile radius that causes women and female gendered sapients to flee. Tipping the hat intensifies the revulsion and the attempts to flee.
>>
Staff of Ancient Lore: When activated, the voice of a kindly old man tells the user stories from when he was a child, back when they had to walk in the snow to go to the lich's lair, barefoot, up hill both ways.
>>
>>46065216
Stick a Warforged into a 4x4 tile room with the hat on with every female prisoner in the jail and tell him to keep tipping.
>>
Wand of Need: You really, really need this wand. Like, seriously, you have to have it.
>>
>>46060296

Kind of awesome for the party bard.
>>
Broach of the Unfettered Kazoo: Turns any and all sounds emitted by the wearer into that of a kazoo.
>>
Greaves of the Slav: Allows wearer to squat in place for as long as they want without tiring or becoming sore.
>>
>>46059455
A bunch of d4s is a terrible idea for dice pools. Other than the fact that no one has so many nearly useless dice around (let's be honest, what uses a d4 and is worth it? what even uses more than 2d4 for real?), resulting in a lot of time wasted, the mean you get with a load of d4s is pretty close to loads of d6s or d8s with nearly identical mean result, and a bit more deviation to spice things up.
>>
>>46059262

"His mail is indestructible!"
"So get a fucking mace, dumbass."
>>
>>46065016
So.. a rod of light?
>>
the stupid stick:
every time you are dealt critical damage by it, you are blessed with the profound revelation of just how stupid your current plan is.
>>
>>46065591
>Broach of the Unfettered Kazoo
well... at least it's not the headband of the unrelenting vuvuzela, which makes everything the wearer hears sound like a vuvuzela
>>
>>46059584
You are bad a statistics.
>>
>>46059584
it'd be a d100 roll, on 80 or above its useful information. If it were a number crunching thing, yeah, but dice rolls rarely work out that way
>>
>Banshee's Veil
Turns the user incorporeal only if they're screeching at the top of their lungs.
>>
Boots of Dwarvenkind

Instead of quieting your footsteps like Boots of Elvenkind, Boots of Dwarvenkind make your footsteps echo as though in a vast cavern.
>>
what happens if you open a bag of holding in a lake?
>>
A gear that, when placed on the back of a dried insect specimen, turns it into a wind-up toy.
>>
>>46058469
>when swung the user will be Thrown forward 5 feet
No matter how hard you swing, you will always be thrown forward 5 feet
>>
>>46063518
>If they struggle too much, it will arp at them loudly.
Heh.
>>
Intrauterine Device of Fertility: Assures the wearer will become pregnant and birth a baby with a fishhook inside of it.
>>
Boot of Ass-Kicking
It's a boot that punts some serious ass, however, you can't wear it and it has a mind of its own and no alliances to speak of.
Anyone can fall victim to it.
>>
The Pocketwatch of Gebnuel

A pocketwatch that can slow time, but triples the wearer's rate of procrastination.
>>
>>46058906
>> Orb of Slope Detection
glows when Asians are near
>>
>>46069687
Fuuuuck, my essay was due yesterday and I'm still not done. Barely even started.
>>
Saved from another thread:

Harkness' Gem

>This thumb-sized pebble of polished amber is affixed with a silver loop that allows it to be tied to any mundane collar. When attached in such a way, the collar becomes conduit between the wearer and the gem. If the creature wearing the collar is a simple beast, with no true concept of self, the gem remains unchanged. If the creature can think, on some level, as a human does, the gem emits a faint light. The light waxes towards a brilliant golden hue the happier and more comfortable the creature gets, while fading to a dull red if the creature becomes unhappy or afraid.

>The enchantment imbuing a piece of amber to become a Harkness' Gem was initially developed by a master ranger for his band of novices, to aid them in identifying and training suitable animal companions. It has since found use in a variety of applications including helping suspicious townsfolk tell a witch with a familiar from a woman with a cat, aiding hunters in not accidentally butchering enchanted animals and earning the wrath of a local druid, and allowing paladins and cavaliers to better understand their enchanted mounts. The less scrupulous elements of society have used the collar on humans to help suss out liars and traitors, and on prisoners to determine fears and the most effective tortures.
>>
>>46059390
We Undertale now
>>
>>46059584
Please don't pick up gambling. You will ruin your life
>>
>>46058273
Bag of holding air.

Club of reflection. Can knock projectiles back at attackers When swung.

Mimic money pouch: designed to deter thieves.

Wand of unlocking, only usable by rogues.

Rope of weather gauging.
>if wet. It rained
>if moving, windy.
>if gone, damn blood ravens found it

Potion of air-breathing.

Potion of water sinking.

Vorpal wooden flaming sword. For druid/monk use only.

Robes of fabric softener. Clean+10
>>
>>46058273
Wedding rings of eternity.

>can't be taken off
>indestructible
>when worn establishes 2 way telepathic bond, allowing them to see each other at all times.
>if removed, casts fireball, maximized, and with increased area of effect centered on the ring bearer on time if removal. Then teleports to the other spouse.
>>
>>46065082
>unlimited rodworks
>>
>>46058273
Ranger's Cloak: Cloak that can hold any weapon (and only weapon) and make them weightless. Actually functions as a sort of portal to another dimension. Also has increased durability and protection from the elements and always looks cool
>>
>>46058273
The Meta Dice: A set of oddly shaped dice that can predict the success or failure of a choice or action
>>
>>46070089
>Potion of Air-Breathing

Useful for aquatic creatures.
>>
>>46070575
and asthmatics
>>
>>46060025
>Boots of Waterbreathing
>Allows you to breath underwater so long as you hold both boots to your mouth.
>>
File: pinecone1.jpg (199 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
pinecone1.jpg
199 KB, 760x596
>>46065311
>>
>>46070015
Undertale wasn't even close to the first place to do it, definitely won't be the last.

let's face it, Skeletons are punny.
>>
>>46066342
>the headband of the unrelenting vuvuzela
you MONSTER!
>>
In Pathfinder, each turn is 6 seconds long, being made up of a move action that takes 3 seconds and a standard action that also takes 3 seconds. Alternatively, you can spend the whole turn doing one action, called a full-round action, such as doing nothing but chanting for a spellcast. There's some mishmash in there, like actions that take very little time such as pulling a lever or drawing an arrow, but generally speaking it's move + standard = 6 seconds or full-round action = 6 seconds.
My GM gave us a "Pocketwatch of Convenience" that turns any action that takes less than 3 seconds into an instant action. A wonderful implement for normal people, certainly. Imagine being able to write as quickly as you can think, even transcending the limitations of your hand movement and the quill/parchment interaction! Or knitting a sweater in just a few seconds! See, it's not about the whole routine of accomplishing the task, it's about the little bits.
It's completely worthless for adventuring and combat, however, as it imparts absolutely no mechanical bonus to gameplay. Regardless of how quick you are, unless the item specifically says it grants extra actions in combat, it doesn't grant extra actions in combat.
Neat item, nonetheless. The party Bard loves writing a whole day's log in his journal in less than a second.
>>
>>46070575
Also useful to have on hand if facing aboleths.
>>
File: 1433880413674.png (129 KB, 290x274) Image search: [Google]
1433880413674.png
129 KB, 290x274
Corset of Lighten Object
It makes your breasts lighter to reduce back pain
>>
>>46069623
The bag gets as full as it can, and the lake probably doesn't go down too much since the bag actually has a pretty small volume, all things considered.

You know they're not infinite, right?
>>
>>46069635
The point was that you could swing it again before you fall, thus being thrown forward another 5 feet, and keep doing that to fly.
>>
>>46073303
when you consider >>46072507 s comments on the pathfinder round system, and the fact that fighters wind up with the ability to make five attacks with a non-double weapon, as well, you could easily figure out how far you could go in x amount of time
>>
Sun powered night vision googles

Sword that increases the strength of whoever it hits

Ring that increases the charm of whoever interacts with the wielder

Gun of +4 strength

Ballistic hammer

Whip of healing

Monocle that leaves the wearer blind of the eye it's not on

Potion of magic missile

Rubber screwdriver

Lighter that only works underwater
>>
Potion of earth/ground breathing, you can breath underground or when covered with sand
>>
Ring of Imbecility. Also in cloak form.
>>
Holy Symbol of Eternal Turning: Slowly rotates in a 360' fashion forever.
>>
>>46059885
Pills of Enlargement...

If your body part is enlarged for more than 4 hours please consult your local wizard.

PS: It's permanent if you get a 95 or higher on a d100 roll
>>
>book of wood detection.
Yup that's wood.
>>
>>46070104
I've read that book.
>>
>>46074151
Actually, I realize tome would sound better than book.
>>
Strong and weak rings of inebriation
weak ring ~= 1 pint of 4% ABV
strong ring ~= 1 pint of 8% ABV

No health effects.
>>
Cock Ring of Vitality Unending

Grants the wearer unlimited Stamina while engaged in sexual intercourse, as well as a constant effect of Fast Healing 1 for the duration of the sex acts as well as for 5 rounds following the completion of the acts that triggered the magical effects.

Only takes effect if the wearer is engaged in sexual intercourse with creature that could be identified as a male of it's species. For the entire duration of the ring being worn the wearer feels as if someone is keenly watching them though no scrying magic or similar effect can be detected by any means.
>>
>>46074641
>That glorious feel when futa
>Doesn't matter if someone is watching me
>>
>>46074641
>After a hard battle a group of barbarians desperately need healing.

>"Dude, just put the ring on and fuck me! It's not gay, we just need to heal!"
>>
>>46058273
Ring of Competency

When worn, the wearer is treated as having 20 ranks in a random class skill that changes for each wearer, each day.
The wearer feels a strong compulsion to tell everyone about their skill, apply their skill even if it has no use in a situation and feels physical pain from not telling anyone.

Sword of Cursing
When swung, will loudly swear in a language that all creatures within 15 feet can understand. If a language is not shared, the sword will repeat itself in different languages.
>>
>Skywine
The philosopher-scientists of Skyreach live in high, slender towers and along these towers grow grape vines and small fruit trees; these plants are said to be less exposed to dust and sewage from the ground and to therefore produce purer fruit than plants on the ground.

Drinking skywine can help dispell sickness.

>Turtle Pages
Turtle pages are ancient turtle shells written over in an undeciphered script. They are said to bring good luck to seafarers but also to attract the attention of magical creatures.

>Magic coins
Some coins turn out to have weak magical properties, like being able to freeze a glass of water when immersed for several hours. It is thought that they acquire these magical traits by coming into contact with magic when in the pockets of wizards.

>Survival coral
Survival coral is so called because it is sometimes carried by adventurers who are unsure if they will be able to find clean, fresh water on their journey. Survival coral is a coral which, when immersed in water, whether it is fresh, dirty, or saltwater, will gradually purify and desalinate the water until it is fit for drinking. It can be foudn growing in old wells, and in ponds in ruins.

>False tooth powder
This is a powder made by grinding up magical plants; it grants a bonus to speed and fast thinking. It is sometimes poured into a false tooth which can be unscrewed when danger arises, protecting the owner of the powder from theft.

>Bird glove
A magical glove which, when held up, will attract birds to perch on it.
>>
>>46058273
> memetically large ears

Pig disgusting
>>
File: Bless this post.jpg (191 KB, 589x599) Image search: [Google]
Bless this post.jpg
191 KB, 589x599
>>46058906
>Orb of Slope Detection

>>46058273
Barrels that have a fixed temperature from DF
>>
>>46058273
I think that would make the greatest conductor physically possible.
>>
The 4-Leaf Cleaver.
A powerfully enchanted battleaxe that is bane to dark fae creatures.
Unfortunately, being made by and for a fairy warrior, it's the size of an actual clover.
>>
The Kaboomerang. Throw at your opponent to cause an small explosion of 3d6 Fire damage on impact, and then returns to you. and explodes for 3d6 Fire damage
>>
> Ultimate Fancy Dress Costume (Cursed?)

Appears to be a plain white dress with gloves and a white mask when not worn. When worn, resizes itself to perfectly fit the wearer; the costume, gloves, and mask can take on the appearance of any sort of fancy dress costume the wearer feels like, and gives a bonus to Charisma.
The mask grants perfect unrecognizability.

There's also a weird downside. The wearer of the costume, gloves, and mask gets the following abilities:
+ Kissing someone gives them a harmless, but painful, shock after a few seconds.
+ Anyone who stares too close at the wearer's breasts is squirted by a jet of water.
+ The wearer can exude an oil from her gloves; when it touches someone's skin, the skin will start to itch madly after a few minutes.

The wearer is subtly compelled to entice people so she can USE these effects, too.
>>
>>46077625
Get your magical realm shit out of here, creep.
>>
Bow of Shooting: Bow that, when notched with an arrow and drawn back, will fling itself at whatever the user is aiming at.
>>
>>46058273
Armor of infeasibility: this armor cannot be made.
>>
File: Link_ecc52f_2516020.jpg (194 KB, 700x2463) Image search: [Google]
Link_ecc52f_2516020.jpg
194 KB, 700x2463
>>46077732
>>
>>46077814
>9gag
Get the actual fuck out.
>>
>Lake serpent scales

When placed in the water, a lake serpent scale will attract pike and to a lesser extent other predatory fish, while fish lower down the food chain will avoid it. These can be used to maintain commercial fishing lakes.

>Fullmoon Algae
This alga only emerges during the night with a full moon, providing that the moonlight can reach the water. Ingesting fullmoon algae bestows a small degree of night vision on the consumer.

>Shipwreck timber

When ships carrying magical items sink, the magical items often stay in the ship for decades or even centuries. Over this time, the magic of the items "seeps" into the wood of the ship and invests them with very weak magical properties. Shipwreck timber is sometimes harvested by collecting the wood from the shipwreck, drying it, grinding into powder and ingesting it nasally as "shipwreck powder". This powder finds use mainly in training situations such as studying, swordsmanship training and learning archery.
>>
>>46077836
m8 I remembered the story and grabbed the picture off of google somewhere.
>>
>>46077872
You don't seem to understand what "novelty" means.
>>
>>46077667
I think you linked to the wrong post. You meant to link to >>46074641, right?
>>
>>46058273
Blade of Tuning.
Strike anything with it, and the blade rings with a perfect C note.
>>
>>46063076
It's indeed the word for the opposite of bonus in french.
>>
>>46058906
>>46058983
>>46059013
Woulda helped us out in 'Nam
>>
>>46078796
kek
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.