[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why so upset, little man? I am 800 years old, thatswhy I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Why so upset, little man? I am 800 years old, thatswhy I have all maxed class levels from core and all supplements. I'ts what ANY creature with a pinch of precautin would do.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

The amount of experience necessary to actually do that would be insane. You'd be some kind of god, and so overpowered that you'd HAVE to be referenced in the opening pitch to the campaign, because you'd be the dominant force in the world.

Instead you're just a shitty worm sat in a cave, so I'm going to roll to doubt your story.
>>
Then why can't you spell?
>>
>>46054062
They don't make dragon-sized keyboards, apparently.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46054044
It's reasonable for an ancient creature to powergame if he can level.

>>46053980
Good thing I have my "DM Is An Asshole" dice with me for just such an occasion.
>>
>>46054113
Jesus Christ, DM, you're an asshole.
>>
>>46053980
How in the fuck did you find people willing to train a dragon in the basics of all those classes?

Come to think of it, how did you do that without being killed by someone else or having your entire hoard robbed from you?
>>
Don't care, you still die like a bitch to a 3rd level wizard spell.
>>
File: I am angry, angry about wizards.jpg (191 KB, 1096x729) Image search: [Google]
I am angry, angry about wizards.jpg
191 KB, 1096x729
>>46054545
Pardon me for my ignorance, but care to elaborate?
>>
>>46054584
Talking 3.5 here. There was a neat little spell in the Frostburn supplement called Shivering Touch. As the name implies, it's a touch attack that deals 3d6 Dex damage, no save. Dragons have a hilariously low Dex score for being endgame monsters, and a conveniently low touch AC because they're so big. One or two castings can bring down a dragon no problem.
>>
File: This does not amuse Carl.jpg (22 KB, 235x272) Image search: [Google]
This does not amuse Carl.jpg
22 KB, 235x272
>>46054715
Ahh, 3.5 supplements... Sounds like a proper mess. I've only read about the editions in between AD&D 2e and 5e, but what I've read has convinced me to stick with either ye olde stuff or 5e.

Inb4 edition wars

To not be totally OT...

>>46053980
As >>46054044 stated, the amount of xp needed for that would be ludicrous, and quite impossible to gain without uncountable slaughter - which surely would attract would-be dragonslayers of immense power.

Besides, what people bring up when discussing studies of the long-lived elves, remains true in this case too. There is only so much one can learn and keep in touch with. Learned skill and knowledge fade over time if unused, and there is only so much time to refresh old and learn new.

All points are completely moot of course if what we are talking about it a god-tier being, but I did not make that assumption by the OP's post.
>>
>>46053980
And yet Bounded Accuracy still means that an army can take you down, even if you ARE level 480.
>>
>>46053980
Waaaaiiit a minute, how can you qualify for every class at once? I assume you've taken all of the prestige classes, but that's just a bunch of empty levels now. You couldn't possibly met all of the requirements at once, even through magic.
>>
so if we're taking dragons seriously
wouldn't casting an anti-magic field on them instantly kill them because clearly their bodies require some form of magic to function
>>
>>46054715
It only would immobilize them, which is hardly an issue for the older dragons.
>>
>>46055110
He'd still have to potentially eat a coup de grace every round, which he has a 1 in 20 chance of auto failing no matter his bonuses.
>>
>>46055110
>with 500 levels your dex is like +200
>not being in a cloud, so no LOS for attack
>polymorphed into something that has immunity to cold
>Permanent Immunity to cold
>Almighty AMF
>>
>>46055058
no, just because something is unrealistic doesn't make it magical in D&D. the biology of most monsters is probably considered "extraordinary", eg. non-magical but sometimes violating the laws of physics as we know them.

in any case, you shouldn't take the name too literally, anti-magic fields don't actually shut down all magic. for instance:

>The spell has no effect on golems and other constructs that are imbued with magic during their creation process and are thereafter self-supporting (unless they have been summoned, in which case they are treated like any other summoned creatures). Elementals, corporeal undead, and outsiders are likewise unaffected unless summoned.
>>
Dragons are not driven by magic. most of their abilities in 3.5 were (Ex) not (Su) and thus magica.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46053980

Hey that's cool and all, and I'ma let you finish, but the DM gave us a bag of holding and a portable hole. So your levels don't mean shit.

Failing that the Wizard is capable of casting gate to the negative plane and forcing you to move through it. So Unless you have a component bag on you somewhere you're still fucked.
>>
>>46055406
Eschew Materials, cockend.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46055406
Damn, well I guess I need to get my "DM Is An Asshole" dice again.
>>
>>46053980
Too bad you're facing a party of 800 year old Elves. They've done the exact same thing, but there's more of them.
>>
>All of these 800 year old babies
Being a 80,000 year old lich who's seen tons of civilizations rise and fall is suffering
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.