[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spells form in the mind >They're crafted by your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Lu Bo advises you git gud.jpg (54 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
Lu Bo advises you git gud.jpg
54 KB, 640x516
>Spells form in the mind
>They're crafted by your body
>And channeled through your nerves
>Verbal components are because of your lips
>Hand Gestures because of your fingers
>Magic is rare enough that despite women being better, guys still see use
>Guys are also generally better at spells that require spatial prowess

How would you mechanically represent this in your system of choice?
>>
The fuck are you blathering on about?
>>
>>46052558
It looks like you forgot to take your meds today.
>>
>>46052654
>>46052848
/tg/'s a bit dull today I see.
>>
>>46052558
Women have 50% chance of auto fail on all projectile spells
>>
Make Dex the casting stat? It's not /tg/ that's dull today, >>46053012, it's your shit question.
>>
>Women are shit spellcasters
How subversive
>>
>>46058509
>Women have twice as many nerve endings as men
dumbass
>>
Roll your spellcasting die.
>>
>>46058808
>More men use magic
>better with any spells that require spatial awareness
Yeah nah, its just being subversive.
>>
>>46058890
>More men use magic
learn to reading comprehension
>>
>>46052558
I remember that thread. Bunch of people tripping over themselves to justify reasons why men would still be spellcasters in a world where women were objectively better at it.

Personally, if I were to go for something like this, I'd probably give women -2 strength and +2 charisma, and give men +2 strength and -2 charisma, then make spellcasting function off of Charisma.

Then spells that require 'spatial prowess' would simply be things like teleportation that don't really need casting stats, and therefore men prefer to focus on those, similarly to how female fighters would then focus on Dex-based stuff.
>>
File: chakra_location_color.jpg (26 KB, 379x318) Image search: [Google]
chakra_location_color.jpg
26 KB, 379x318
The chakras are the specific sources of magic energy, and accessing the different chakras is needed to fuel specific spells.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.