[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Epic Card Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dragoncards.png (445 KB, 680x340) Image search: [Google]
dragoncards.png
445 KB, 680x340
What do all y'all think of Epic? I think it's a fun alternative for casual MTG, maybe even better.
>>
I played a couple games at a convention. IMO its not different enough from Magic to be interesting enough to pick up. But, if you want a MtG clone without landscrew, its perfectly serviceable.
>>
>>46051940
If you can get into the Timmy mindset for an hour, it's a good time.
>>
no one cares mate
>>
File: good-header.png (947 KB, 680x710) Image search: [Google]
good-header.png
947 KB, 680x710
>>46051940
Oh my. Look good indeed.
>>
>>46053859
Thanks, saved in my reaction image folder
>>
>>46051940
Can you explain the basics? I've never heard of this game.
>>
>>46057069
It plays pretty much like magic except for a few changes. For example there is no stack, so every effect immediatly happens, nothing can be countered and also there are no phases, which means you can attack and play cards as often in a turn as you want to. They replaced the Mana-Lands-system with Gold. You get one gold each turn and there are only cards that cost either one gold or no gold.
Every card is (almost) on the same power level and while there can be some synergy between cards, the focus of the game is on tactics rather than big combos.
Because of these changes and its affordability and non-collectability I think it's a great alternative to MTG for casual players, but sadly not many people talk about it.
>>
>>46057903

>non-collectability

Wait, did they switch to an LCG model or something? When I first heard about it years ago it was sold in blind packs. I might really need to get into this game if so.
>>
>>46057982
It's one box with 120 cards. Nothing random or collectable about it.

There's an expansion coming out soon though, which is going to be 4 Packs of each 12 cards. These aren't going to be random either, so yeah, pretty much like the model LCG FFG uses.
>>
I enjoy Epic. It's like MtG except every card you play is significant. It cuts out all the filler and just gives you the interesting stuff.

While I do understand that it cuts out a lot of the competitive depth... I don't honestly care. I get more of those awesome plays and fun moments per time invested than MtG gives me, for a lower cost, so I'm very happy to have kickstarted it. I need to get the expansion, too. I did slightly screw myself, I went for the triple pack from the KS and now I need to buy three of every expansion to make my draft set complete.
>>
>>46058408
Sounds good. What stands out about it to you? Why did you choose this game instead of something more mainstream?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.