[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tg/ lets take a moment to talk about Stellaris, paradoxs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Spaceeee.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spaceeee.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
So /tg/ lets take a moment to talk about Stellaris, paradoxs new game. Theres a new trailer for the game and i personally I think it hits pretty close to home.

Do you think they've portrayed humanity in the right way? As budding young civilisation thats too eager to explore but rather insignificant. I personally like that. I was wondering if there were other stuff that portrayed humanity like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJYRLFvJVFg
>>
What, as an underdog race of curious chimps?
We're too special for that.
>>
>>46052020
Bracing for HFY
>>
Surprised by how soon they are releasing it. I think they only announced it at the last E3
>>
File: uxUXVBX.png (816 KB, 726x610) Image search: [Google]
uxUXVBX.png
816 KB, 726x610
>I can now take my ridiculous Paradox empire blobbing to the stars
>>
>>46053278
>The Queen: Lets take this operation to the stars lads.
>>
>>46053808

>Species Name: Human
>Species Adjective: Human
>Empire Name: British Space Empire
>Policy: Colonial Xenohpiles
>>
>>46054082
>Empire Name: British Space Empire
better name British Stellar Empire
>>
>>46054082
We've gotta educate them in true British fashion.

>Step one, find a drink they enjoy
> Step two, Become obsessive over it
> Step three, Base your whole economy on it
>Step four, trade illegal drugs for it and destroy their people
> Step five, go to war over it
> step six, destroy the oldest civilisation in the world for tea

Good shit
>>
>>46051283
Why can't we be one of the big dogs for once?
>>
>>46054198
they didn't destroy the civilization they just fucked with the government
>>
The may release date has my dick rock hard. As for humanity's portrayal, it's a 4x/GSG game. Everyone starts as a young civ eager to explore. Well, except for the fallen empires, but you could probably make those human.
>>
>>46054253
This is true, but it was the British that destabilised them enough for their own people to fuck their own shit up.
>>
>>46051283
Wait a minute.
The humans are the aliens!
We destroyed that colony ship!
>>
>>46054313
Chinese civilization still survived
>>
>>46054335
Mao got his people to go around destroy their old culture. The Chinese people may have survived the old dynasties survived for a very long time from 221BC to 1911. But eh we've digressed.
>>
>>46054459
it still survived.. mostly it just modernized and got rid of superstition
>>
>>46054529
>China got rid of superstition.
Thanks for that joke, I needed a good laugh this morning.
>>
>>46054212
>Implying every media ever produced by human civilization where one or a few men destroy an evil star-faring empire with pluck and the hand of the author doesn't count as 'for once'

>>46051283
Thank goodness humanity is going to get humbled again as just a face among many. I really miss Master of Orion 2. The human(race pick) diplomacy bonus only worked on AI not on other humans(players).

I just can't help but feel a loss of immersion in a game that needs humanity to be on top. >Mass effect 1< had this insofar as it is a Turian Spectre that is introduced as the real authority in the first mission. It was an alien who would decide the fate of human politics and it was up to you to prove there was something in humanity worth investing in and cooperating with.

Unfortunately this was all lost by the beginning of 2 which to my mind undermines the illusive man's organization and the whole Cerberus/humanity first movement. I forgive Bioware for it because within the plot it made sense for the Citadel to be crippled after the reaper attack, but still the lack of real power disparity on display undermines the legitimacy of the Cerberus threat and the Citadel's refusal for increased support.

Enemies and challenges must be legitimate threats or the work is just fap imho and I couldn't be happier with the tone of the trailer.
>>
>>46054212
We are almost the big dogs. Or we're the little dog that trashes the big dog. To put it bluntly we're top dog. Avatar it was a human who saved, 40K we arguably have the biggest empire, mass effect it was a human who saved the galaxy and so forth.

>>46055073
I get what you mean. I feel that they should have expanded on the strained human/ alien relations. I like the idea of beiing top dog occasionally if its explored in more depth. Like how it impacts and why it impacts.
>>
>>46051283
gave me a real vib for Hell-March. Not sure why.
>>
>>46054335
>Chinese civilization still survived

The same way American civilization survived in the Fallout games(A bit exaggerated I know tbqh).
>>
>>46055334

>To put it bluntly we're top dog.

This is what HFYfags actually believe
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.