[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one to play table games with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1457989659523.jpg (164 KB, 500x719) Image search: [Google]
1457989659523.jpg
164 KB, 500x719
ALL my freinds are so boring and are interested in video games(as am i) But when i mention Grabbing a couple crates of beer,(Maybe some weed) chill and start a game up of Dungions and Dragons, or Magic the gathering they always say no, yet we do the same thing with video games, table games are more interesting amd fun as there 100% origonal and awesome but people will play basicly the same cod game just woth better graphics smaller maps and what not(no cod hate its fum but in small doses)

TLDR: No one to play table games with, has anyone else had this issue if so how did you get around it.
>>
>>46045314
That sucks. I have friends IRL and online I play different games with.
>>
>>46045314

Maybe if you could use punctuation, spell correctly, and think about a social gathering that doesn't involve booze or weed as a crutch, then you might have a group to play with.
>>
>>46046147
I have freinds online just none to play like D&D or other related games with it is really shitty
>>
>>46046165
Don't get me wrong, Op is clearly an autistic faggot but nothing wrong with drinking some beer and doing some weed while playing
At least as long as you don't do to much
>>
OP, you have some options:

> D&D Adventurers League and/or Pathfinder Society at your FLGS
> Go to GenCon, or preferably a local convention
> Check Meetup Period Com for casual gaming groups in your area
> Make new friends
>>
>>46046258
How about

>USE THE FUCKING INTERNET
>>
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 752x1063
>>46045314

when my buddies and I were in our 20's, Drinking and drugs always got in the way when playing tabletop games. We would get a about an hour in of DnD and then essentially drop everything and head right down to the bar. Don't get me wrong, those were good time! It's just now we are in our 30's, hangovers have become more painful and a waste of time, so time has become much more precious and getting in a good session of a tabletop game has become more important then getting drunk.

In order to get your friends to try an (actual) RPG, find a genre that would appeal to them. Then keep asking them! If these guys are friends worth keeping, they will at least try new things.

in the meantime, learn to be a good GM/storyteller so when you find people to play with it or convince your friends to try it..you will blow their minds and they will always want to play! It's happened to me and it will happen for you. :)
>>
None of my IRL friends want to play D&D either

I had a group before but some got too busy with jobs/school, the others just became drug addicts who never want to hang out anymore because they just want to be high all day

Sucks man
>>
https://roll20.net/
>>
>>46045314
I have a solution:
>Quit posting on /tg/ while stoned
Alternatively:
>Quit posting on /tg/ altogether
>>
>>46046165
It's all fun and games until the Wizard falls into a K-hole and won't get off the battle grid.
>>
File: KVhmgA4.jpg (40 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
KVhmgA4.jpg
40 KB, 699x637
>>46051355
>:)
>>
>>46045314
Ended up going to play by post gaming due to lack of my old group and lack of time to find a new one/lack of a schedule where a game could be had. It can be messy, but it works. Although I do seem to have ended up a forever DM online.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 163x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 163x182
>>46052503
>>bait

?
>>
>>46045314
Find better friends.
To play CoD with.
>>
>>46045314

Do what I did and find new friends. Still have old friends but I got a whole bunch of new friends to do stuff like play board games and P&P games.
>>
>>46048862
>USE THE FUCKING INTERNET

Meetup and making new friends rather implies use of the Internet, Anon.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.