[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: PZO1134.jpg (251 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1134.jpg
251 KB, 802x1000
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Think it'll be any good?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/TvnRtPbt (embed)

Old Thread: >>46033445
>>
Other old/new thread:
>>46042423
>>
Why do they wear the masks?
>>
if a creature or person casts invisibility, can detect magic see them? its still magic once the spells cast so shouldnt detect magic see them
>>
>>46042682
Looks like Merisiel and [iconic vigilante] are escaping after robbing a manor hosting a masquerade ball.

That kinda shit is what I find *fun* but it's so hard to justify when all you have to do is have a hired wizard wave his fingers.
>>
What should the stat priority look like for an ertw beguiler?
>>
>>46042426
Ultimate Intrigue When?
>>
File: 1453230745082.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1453230745082.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I have posted here before. I am writing a adventure path using Paizo and DSP content. I now need to begin play testing of book 1. Anyone who is interested please use the attached character guide to create a character.

My skype is: Slowcogs (the cartoon one)

If you wish to play please send me a proposed character. If it is obvious you didn't read the character guide from your sheet I am just going to deny you on the spot.

The game will either be on Tuesday or Wednesday evening PST. Exact scheduling will be dependent on group. The game will be live and played by text.

Reply to this post with questions.
>>
File: 1451113389225.jpg (812 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1451113389225.jpg
812 KB, 1024x768
>>46044436
Here is a map of the Steaming Sea and it's surroundings, the kingdoms of Norine.
>>
>>46043149
>That kinda shit is what I find *fun* but it's so hard to justify when all you have to do is have a hired wizard wave his fingers.

Unfortunately, the hired security wizard waved his fingers first, so your hired wizard's finger-waving isn't working... which is why you hired two sneaks instead.
>>
>>46042682
No one cared who he was until he put on the mask
>>
Well about time for this thread to see some use, discuss Ultimate Intrigue.
>>
How can you incorporate these classes outside of a singular city? Like, is there a way to put this into a regular campaign for example?
>>
>>46044904
>Nuh Uh! My Laser is a Super Laser that can get through laser shields!
>>
Curse of the Crimson Throne hardcover will be arriving. Updated to Pathfinder rules.
>>
Why do we have two active /pfg/ threads?
>>
Because people are stupid and aren't in the correct thread.
>>
Go here: >>46047063
>>
>>46047192
This was the other thread that got made at the same time as the LAST thread, the fuck is going on?
>>
>>46047201
Some sperglords are trying to move people to the new thread they like best, their opposing posts are directing people to all these fucking aborted /pfg/ threads. It's a clusterfuck.
>>
>>46042726
Yes and no.

Detect magic reveals magic auras but it says nothing about showing the exact shape of a person or whatever. Assuming the invisible person sits around within range of that cone for 3 rounds, they'll be able to know the location of all auras, including the one of the invisibility spell standing there.

But they don't know it's a person or really anything other than there's a magic aura standing there of a certain strength. It's logical that they can deduce 'invisible person' especially if they figure out the spell school (illusion) and it moves around.

If they move away in the first round of detection, the detector won't know which direction to turn since at that point it is just 'yes or no'. Really, detect magic isn't a good spell for trying to find invisible things unless they're immobile. If the invisible person was also subject to mind blank, detect magic and other divination spells would fail to show them.

Sorry for the long-winded reply. Some spell interactions are odd like that. For full on illusions (like programmed image), I typically rule that hiding the aura is part of the illusion, so you can't see the aura unless you pass the will save to disbelieve in the first place. Otherwise it sort of defeats the point for a cantrip to beat out a whole school of magic.
>>
What do I need to know about Ultimate Intrigue?

I have a player who MAY want to pull a Blackjack in my CoCT game, so if there's anything that I can throw him that work well flavor-wise, I'll give it a read.

If it's just a bunch of shitty archetypes and caster classes and more magic options, I'll just junk it.
>>
>>46044904
>>46047043

That's basically the reasoning in Shadowrun for why you have to send in a team of dorks. Thief-wizards create a need for security-wizards and we're back to square one.
>>
>>46047043
And this is why five year olds are rarely able to write compelling stories.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.