[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 103
File: Roses for You.jpg (711 KB, 700x1131) Image search: [Google]
Roses for You.jpg
711 KB, 700x1131
Does romance bloom in your party? Do you allow it or discourage it? If allowed, do you get marry and have kids? Which gods are masters of the heart in your setting? Share stories if you have any.
>>
>>46041030
Both of the games I run have both interparty romance and stuff with NPCs. Has made for some very tense moments when someone sees a loved one at risk and doesn't know if they can get there to save them in time.
>>
File: Dark Rose.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Dark Rose.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>46041030
Have any tips on how to make romances work?
>>
Love always blooms on the battlefield.

>>46041672
Make it cute.
>>
>>46041305
Any stories you like to share? I always like the "Love one is in danger" ones.
>>
>>46042127
I have stories, but they're all game spanning, context sensitive as hell and generally aren't really going to make for that good stories. Romance stories in general are more of a personally enjoyable affair.
>>
File: Stab Heart.jpg (52 KB, 526x433) Image search: [Google]
Stab Heart.jpg
52 KB, 526x433
>>46042451
Awww.
>>
bumping in hopes of a greentext
>>
File: Puppet Couple.png (171 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
Puppet Couple.png
171 KB, 1200x1000
>>
All the love stuff tends to get the players to actually start dating no less or gay stuff yet
>>
My sorceress has a turbo crush on the fighter son of the party's cleric character who's full dad-mode/foxy grandpa of the party.
The son is a carbon-copy physically of the cleric when he was in his mid 20's but has a dorkish personality that the sorceress can't resist. (she's a librarian)
The player finds it amusing and even goads the NPC all the time for GRANDCHILDREN
>>
File: Sword Saint.jpg (127 KB, 766x1035) Image search: [Google]
Sword Saint.jpg
127 KB, 766x1035
>>46044092
That sounds so cute.
>>
>>46044153
Apparently on one side thing he had with his son, he basically went "She likes books, you like books, try it out"
Literally the day after my sorceress on a closing scene type of thing was injured and being walked to her quarters after an attack by merfolk (it was a month-long boat trip) and she said "So your father said you enjoy books.."
Which made the DM and player laugh their ass off.
>>
>>46041030
Discourage it. It's creepy af RPing a romance with another player imo.
>>
File: D7XWZiA.png (987 KB, 700x1600) Image search: [Google]
D7XWZiA.png
987 KB, 700x1600
>>46041030
My barbarian got date-raped at some point, and that wasn't very enjoyable.
>having a feast with another ship that we're trying to set up an alliance with
>their navigator is apparently a fan of muscles
>poor, sheltered, murderous, halfdragon-stronk barbarian girl doesn't know about p/u/rest love
>doesn't want to fuck up the alliance
>keeps trying to ignore the navigator not totally sure what's going on
>hides in drink
>eventually gets really, really drunk and goes along with it mostly because she can't say no and she still doesn't know what 'it' is
>wakes up in the morning in bed with another girl and unable to remember anything but the intense awkwardness and undefinable dislike for the navigator

Still, no biggy, and she did finally meet a guy she was actually liking. In a weird, confused, mercenary kind of way.
>>
File: 0xITyQl1.jpg (73 KB, 401x855) Image search: [Google]
0xITyQl1.jpg
73 KB, 401x855
>>46044656

>barbarian comes from distant steppe land
>where wealth and possessions belong to whoever can take and defend them
>etc etc
>exploring, visiting new land of deserts, merchants, and thieves (only mildly arabian, honest)
>make the acquaintance of local young merchant prince/playboy/mover and shaker
>barbarian looks like royalty (or at least nobility) from nearby, also unknown, xenophobic, and foreign land (the locals recognize it, she's never heard of it)
>barbarian met prince while out and about, didn't know who he was. Thought he was a little too flippant for her tastes, but didn't want to start trouble for her host at the time
>shit goes down, need help/answers
>wind up getting directed to prince
>opulent reception, etc
>had previously gotten briefing that these people took haggling and merchanting and negotiation very, very seriously
>if someone asked after buying something, you had to name a price
>could be impossible, it's fine, just has to be technically up for sale
>...and if someone somehow produces the price, you have to sell it for the stated price
>Barbarian is in a hurry, doesn't like this guy a tremendous deal, and isn't really a fan of the way he's drawing out negotiations with pleasantries, formalities, etc
>one of our people is missing we want to be finding them now
>just bluntly interrupts with "What do you want for your help?"
>flirtatious prince goes "Well, a kiss would be nice, but-"
>barbarian grabs him by the shirt, hauls him to her and blows his fucking mind
>out of breath prince says something to the effect of "Ah... uh. About that help then..."
>>
>>46044677
It was the start of a wonderful friendship. And by wonderful I mean the people we were upset with turned out to be his rivals, and we got paid generously by him to do what we'd have done for free. This got us working with each other, where barbarian found out he had a sense of humor in most things, he wasn't just making fun of her specifically. For her part, she was an extremely competent, exotic, and impressive partner- who looked like foreign nobility or even royalty. (And it turned out, was.) For his part, he was intelligent, decent looking, had a tail, which half-dragon barbarian thinks is a masculine feature just wait until she gets one in a few levels treated her with respect and was clearly a man of high status in the region. And coming from a land of might-makes-right, where merchants in her experience were mostly incautious traders with much wealth and too few guards... she couldn't quite shake the feeling that "Whoa, this guy must be a *total badass* if he's *this wealthy* and people speak of him with fear and respect..."

Of course, before anything further could happen, he got ensconced away participating in a closed trial of indeterminate length. Barbarian had to leave and go do something dark and personal for a bit (a year) and then came back in a tearing, blazing hurry and didn't have time to stop and socialize. And has now spent a few months fighting and bleeding in another land where she's apparently royalty and caught up in a... rather unusual succession crisis. Things are weird.

On the bright side, while there she ran into another guy she likes- this one of proper halfdragon lineage and a duke or prince of an enemy house. They were actually banging for a bit, fond of each other, etc, then her mind-broken servant crippled him and she served as the unwitting ignition point for a knock-down-drag-out war between 'her' (affiliation is tenuous) and his house.

War kinda put a stop to things.
>>
File: Roman Barbarian.jpg (141 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Roman Barbarian.jpg
141 KB, 500x500
>>46044656
>>46044677
>>46044743
What a story. Thanks for sharing.
>>
I had an NPC subplot where my players could have reunited a pair of lovebirds off a fling, but they didn't seem to interested in it so it got passed over.
>>
File: Eros Camelbeke.jpg (105 KB, 607x656) Image search: [Google]
Eros Camelbeke.jpg
105 KB, 607x656
Who's the Cupid in your setting, /tg/?
>>
>have NPCs mistakenly or teasingly refer to a female NPC or PC companion as a PC's girlfriend, especially if they are split from the party

Never fails to get reactions
>>
>>46046397
You know I dont really have one. Kind of makes it funny that the protagonist from a series of stories I have outlined has an aversion to romance. Granted being able to hear peoples souls (therefore feelings) and being one of the last gods plaything really puts a damper on the desire to date.
>>
>>46046640
I really need to do this. My party would lose their shit.
>>
File: Forest Love.jpg (82 KB, 960x716) Image search: [Google]
Forest Love.jpg
82 KB, 960x716
Can a fairy and troll make it work?
>>
I've hinted to my players for over a year that there's more to the world that murdering and acquiring wealth, but they'd rather murder and acquire wealth.
>>
File: Killer Sight.jpg (91 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
Killer Sight.jpg
91 KB, 960x1200
>>46047480
Aw,but Anon, that's their true love.
>>
>>46047299
Nah.
>>
>>46041030
>Does romance bloom in your party?
Yes. Unfortunately the most common plot is for many of them to find husbandos and waifus and thats it, like nothing of substance.
>Do you allow it or discourage it?
It's the only thing they want because they are shallow and can't follow complex storylines.
>If allowed, do you get marry and have kids?
... I wish I could stop them.
>>
>>46047645
Why don't you flesh out those waifus and husbandos and have them act independently?
>>
File: Flower Woman.png (209 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Flower Woman.png
209 KB, 600x600
>>46047645
Anon, it's time for you to wear the pants now. Also, this.>>46047699
>>
>>46041030
No, none of the players are pathetic enough to pretend to be in love with another greasy fatbeard.
>>
File: 1419142162027.jpg (52 KB, 590x243) Image search: [Google]
1419142162027.jpg
52 KB, 590x243
>>46047699
Th.. They Waifu/Husbando with other people's characters. I have no control over them as another scrub player so >>46047699 's suggestion wouldn't work. If I did ask people to change their characters they'd get super salty and complain to the DM.
>>
File: 1454435475028.jpg (119 KB, 607x428) Image search: [Google]
1454435475028.jpg
119 KB, 607x428
>>46047862
But, Anon. People on 4chan do that all the time.
>>
File: aokigahara note.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aokigahara note.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
>>46047964
>tfw no perverted fujoshi fa/tg/irl gf to do degenerate stuff with like hold hands and make characters in games together and have raunchy in-character sex together after every session
I want to stop feeling
>>
>>46047862
Are you a casual or a roleplayer?
>>
File: 1446488294329.jpg (49 KB, 395x610) Image search: [Google]
1446488294329.jpg
49 KB, 395x610
>>46041030
It did, but the GM killed it by shipping the participant PCs too hard and pressing the players to do more of it. Good going, it was the only thing that had me invested into that game.
>>
Never had a romance with another player, but after getting healed at a temple of Evening Glory, I helped a lich keep her sanity by courting her. It was called by other players " the most adorable excuse for the lich loved feat ever".
>>
There is a romance subplot in our game that has been going strong for over three years at this point and has transcended boundaries of setting and even different player groups.
And her character STILL won't admit she wants mine's dick.
>>
I actually posted it in a similar thread, but I'll post a shorter version of the story here if people want romance green texts
>Be warrior, quest is confront some cult based out in a cave who have been kidnapping people
>Murder and kill, find two kidnapped people still alive
>Both join the party sort of, one becoming a total bro and the becoming eventual love interest
>Bro is a ninja so he could handle himself just fine, but grill is ordinary grill NPC who supports party in non-combative ways
>Warrior promises to protect grill, but almost dies one session because of it
>She feels guilty, runs away and ninja bro leaves party to find her
>Years later in-game, party losing badly and warrior is about to die
>Suddenly get saved by grill, now a master ninja after spending years training with ninja bro for the sake of the warrior
>Vows that this time, she'll be the one that protects him
>They end up getting married, ninja bro is best man
>>
>>46052863
Aww. Sounds so cute
>>
>>46053070
It was. Every now and again I text that GM and ask him how my family is doing. He asks me to make some rolls and he tells me random shit like how the kids are growing up, what the warrior and wife have been doing together, etc. It makes me feel a little better when I'm having a bad day.
I was honestly scared as shit the entire campaign because our DM is a bloodthirsty motherfucker that loved killing NPCs that the party liked for a cheap rustle in the jimmies
He's tried to ruin the family I made a few times but good thinking and even better rolls managed to save them. The closest he ever got to wrecking our home was when three nat 20's led to a demon woman falling in love with the warrior, and the warrior failed every willpower check which led to an affair and an illegitimate child. The waifu got depressed which made me feel terrible, but things eventually got settled in demon court. That was a weird couple of sessions..

I just wish some of the other party members got off as lucky as I did. My character and another's were the only ones to get a true happy end. The others just got tragic ends.
>>
I had a character in a friend's homebrew system/setting who eventually got an ability that lets them "absorb" people. He literally absorbs the person's whole body into his own, and this lets them take their abilities.
After absorbing a few bad guys for their powers, he started hearing whispers in his head, which eventually grew into full on shouting. They were the voices of the people he absorbed, who's consciousness somehow lived on inside him and now spend all their time shouting horrible, hateful things at him 24/7. This makes him become mentally unstable, leading to a bunch of things happening that ends with him near death and abandoned by the party who thought he died.
He gets saved though when a random girl somehow finds him. She takes him back home and my guy finds out she has healing powers. He stays with her a while, about a year in game time because his wounds were serious and her healing power wasn't enough to fix it right away.
They fall in love in that time, and starts thinking about staying there with her instead of rejoining the party to fight the BBEG.
BBEG's underlings somehow find out that he's hidden there (GM didn't explain it very well, pretty sure he just wanted to force my character to join the party again) and attacks. He kills the attackers but the girl is seriously wounded and dying in his arms.
He ends up absorbing her too, taking her healing powers and he starts hearing her voice in his head ever since. He stopped having mental breakdowns too because despite of all the voices in his head, he was able to focus on hers and she sort of became that guiding light in his dark mind.
>>
File: Feels Angry.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Feels Angry.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>46048154
Don't remind us, Anon.
>>
>>46048154
I pity you unfortunate peasants.
>>
>>46049230
Why does shipping ruin everything?
>>
>>46054251
Fuck off. f-list doesn't count.
>>
>>46053601
Bittersweet endings can be good. As can tragic endings.
>>
>>46055214
They make the story interesting I guess, but I feel bad for the characters.
One guy in that campaign spent half the game trying to win the heart of a princess. He eventually won her over, had some kids and built a formidable kingdom to rule. He left the game for a few months because of a new job, and comes back to the game to find out that his entire kingdom was destroyed and whole family killed when the party failed to contain a world-ending tier BEG that went on a rampage. What sucks is he wasn't even there and had no say on it or any chance to save his people. That was really shitty of the DM to do but he just rolled with it. I could tell he wasn't as into the game as before though, and it's easy to tell why.

This other guy had it the worst though, he spent a good amount of the game looking for his father to find out some kind of secret about his identity or something. He ends up finding him, only to see him get shot in the heart with an arrow not long after their reunion. Then later on, he meets a demi-god that he ends up marrying and having a son with. His wife gets eaten alive in front of him and his son by the BBEG monster, and the son ends up hating him because she sacrificed herself to save him. Later on, his son becomes the next BBEG and he deals the finishing blow himself as his son spends his last dying moments shouting about how much he hates his father.

It was.. kind of really sad.
>>
>>46055166
Does Roll20?
>>
>>46055578
Jesus. Some GMs should be disbarred.
>>
File: Guts Sad.png (69 KB, 322x340) Image search: [Google]
Guts Sad.png
69 KB, 322x340
>>46055578
What the hell?!
>>
>>46055674
He could be a really shitty GM sometimes. We were horrified when he destroyed our friend's entire kingdom, and when we asked why he did that, his response was something like, "Idunno, nobody has died in a long while since you guys keep saving everyone, people have to die or it gets boring."

>>46055716
Yeah, it got real awkward at the table when the DM described his tragic end, then right after describes my comfy family end and another player's harem kingdom end, almost as if he was rubbing salt on the poor guy's wounds. Maybe he had some kinda grudge against the player or something.
The character rolled for a sanity check, failing and becoming severely depressed, but passing just enough so that he didn't commit suicide.
Each party member ended the game as rulers of their own kingdoms while that guy became a hermit rotted away in the woods somewhere. The party tried to find him but he just disappeared. It's a huge bummer whenever I remember it.
>>
File: 4chan User.png (13 KB, 224x235) Image search: [Google]
4chan User.png
13 KB, 224x235
>>46056034
Well, that was depressing. Hope they had a better run next time.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (44 KB, 534x618) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
44 KB, 534x618
>>46056034
>people have to die or it gets boring
your DM's a loser
>>
No current romance, but every time a NPC expresses interest in my character he shoots them down by describing some aspect of them that reminds him of The Woman That Broke My Heart. It started as just an excuse, became a running joke, and now I'm convinced that the GM is assembling The Woman That Broke My Heart piecemeal for some nefarious purpose.
>>
File: Happy Valentines Day.jpg (98 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Happy Valentines Day.jpg
98 KB, 600x849
Bump for love
>>
>Be proud knight, wholeheartedly devoted to his kingdom
>Meet Bard at a tavern, paid by tavern owner to play music there
>Bard flirts with knight every time he's within five feet of her
>Knight acts awkwardly, doesn't know how to deal with it.
>Bard has a new song written for him every time he returns to the tavern, even waits by the city gate before the party leaves for their next adventure, with home cooked meals packed for the knight
>Knight is uninterested at first, but bard eventually wins him over
>Knight is conflicted, unsure of how he should handle his feelings
>Decide to stop coming to the tavern, focus on quests and earning glory in the king's name
>One day, knight is ordered to defend a fort from incoming forces
>Severely wounded during battle, may die
>Usually when he thinks of his death, he expects a proud and bloody death in the battlefield with no fears or regrets
>Not this time though
>He thought of the bard. He thought of being in her arms, hearing her voice, staring into her bright green eyes, tasting the meals she cooked him and seeing the smile she would only ever have when she sees the knight enter the tavern
>Can't tell if that's blood, or tears running down his bruised and battered face
>He closes his eyes, preparing for death as he thinks of the bard one last time. That last song she sang was pretty nice..
>Wake up
>Confused, be in bed and not in the battlefield
>Feel something warm on his left hand
>It's the bard's hands on his, she's asleep
>He sits still, just stares at her as if he's really seeing her for the first time
>She eventually wakes up, sees him awake and her lips curve into that smile that he finally admits he loved to see
>She wraps her arms around him, and his around hers
>Knight now spends most of his time when not adventuring at the tavern, listening to her sing
>They haven't kissed or anything yet, knight is too pure, just the thought of it makes him flustered. They held hands once though. It was nice.
>>
>>46057786
I guess I should have explained some things better, I was afraid of running out of space.
When my knight woke up, he was back in the castle of his home city. The party's white mage managed to save his life with a lucky roll.

And the reason the bard was so persistent with her feelings was because she really adored the knight. He never realizes it, but at the very first session, they fought a group of bandits that attacked a caravan, it was our first battle. One of the people travelling with that caravan was the bard, who fell in love with the knight after saving her life.
>>
File: 14-heart.jpg (8 MB, 3186x4495) Image search: [Google]
14-heart.jpg
8 MB, 3186x4495
>>46057786
>>46058053
Adorable!
>>
File: LOL Heartseeker Leona.png (461 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
LOL Heartseeker Leona.png
461 KB, 500x665
Does anyone here fight for love?
>>
>>46055612
Yes, unfortunately.
>>
>>46059595
awyiss
>>
File: 1281522686803.jpg (44 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
1281522686803.jpg
44 KB, 425x640
I wish I could, but GM focuses on other character's backstories and character development, one's PCs backstory thing is basically our main plot and second's one is a major subplot, connected to the main one.
Other subplots concern different NPCs. It's fine, at least I get to play
>>
File: 7bc.jpg (62 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
7bc.jpg
62 KB, 640x753
>>46057786
Beautiful story, anon.
>>
File: the color of her hair.jpg (28 KB, 238x300) Image search: [Google]
the color of her hair.jpg
28 KB, 238x300
>>46057786
>ywn
thank you for the story
>>
>>46059499
Yeah, but her base skin is the prettiest.
>>
>>46060238
Try sneaking some romance in.
>>
>>46060238
Let the GM know.
>>
File: Samus Love.jpg (51 KB, 302x305) Image search: [Google]
Samus Love.jpg
51 KB, 302x305
Who's /femdom/ here?
>>
>>46061994
Eh. Cute is more important. and my tastes range more to /lesdom/ or a trap domming a woman
>>
>>46061994
Yeah, but more in the vein of >>46057786 : gentle but assertive.
>>
The DM once gave my bard a kitsune love interest, but due to PLOT, they couldn't stay together. She was anthro because the DM knew I was a furfag somehow.
>>
>>46062308
Try romancing a Kumiho next time.
>>
File: 411Ih.jpg (260 KB, 850x1122) Image search: [Google]
411Ih.jpg
260 KB, 850x1122
>>46041030
I'm in love with murder, OP.
>>
File: Bizarro Love.jpg (99 KB, 800x928) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro Love.jpg
99 KB, 800x928
>>46062547
Tell me your story, Anon. Sometimes Love doesn't care about morality.
>>
File: Anime Addiction.jpg (145 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
Anime Addiction.jpg
145 KB, 728x546
When does love turn into lust and lust turn into love?
>>
bumping for more qt stories
>>
>>46064411
Nice dubs. Hopefully, it will bring more stories.
>>
File: San Valentin.jpg (106 KB, 786x718) Image search: [Google]
San Valentin.jpg
106 KB, 786x718
>>
Since people apparently don't see much of it in their games, yet apparently want to

what kind of romance or love developments would you LIKE to see in your games? How do you wish it was handled and what do wish was involved?
inb4 "my magical realm", etc
>>
>>46066280
I wish for something semi-realistic. Taking time to build up the romance but not too much it gets boring. Find things that connect the lovers together. Hopefully, it ends with a happy note.
>>
>>46061994
Me, please tell me there's more.
>>
>>46067540
Well, when a stronk woman loves a man, she...
>>
File: 5.png (129 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
5.png
129 KB, 540x400
>>
File: 1446302056015.gif (898 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446302056015.gif
898 KB, 200x200
>evil homebrew 3.5 campaign
>party consists of my LE tiefling sorc, That Guy's ogre Paladin of Slaughter, That Other Guy's half-dragon ninja donut-steel, a human Pally of Tyranny, and his two halfing cleric hangers-on
>We kick one of Those Guys because shenanigans, so DM throws in an NPC to help dungeon-dive
>LG Phoelarch ranger, personailty is 'lol muh freedumbs', likes to punch people with fire so we call him Captain Falcon
>one of the clerics falls in creepy evil-necromancy love/lust with him
>uses a miracle to become a phoelarch herself, somehow manages to seduce him into bed, gets knocked up
>we have to deal with a church of st cuthbert at some point
>she proposes to him, he tries to refuse
>I bring up the fact that they banged
>clerics gasp in unison
>they inform Cap'n that he can either marry the crazy bird-lady or die a heretic's death
>he chooses matrimony
>becomes depressed because he can't roam the wilds anymore, chained to the bed with his crazy nympho waifu
>seeks solace in barrels upon barrels of rum
>DM lets me learn a spell that sobers drunks and destroys alcohol
>mfw

Helped my party member get some, got a powerful ally, and got to fill my character's desire to cause suffering, all while being as edgy as possible.
>>
>>46066280
I'm a sucker for big drama so I like to see things like love triangles, unrequited love and other messy complications.
But that stuff doesn't really translate well to table top I think.
>>
>>46069496
I think I'm with you on all points.
;-;
>>
>>46046397
He's not really a cupid. He's more like that guy or girl that aggressively works to get their friends to start dating other friends. Only usually he manages to get things just right so that they hit it off, because being a minor god he can manipulate the situation to have a more romantic air, or give each party a chance to do something the other will really find attractive.
>>
File: 1454520678886.jpg (336 KB, 950x1335) Image search: [Google]
1454520678886.jpg
336 KB, 950x1335
>>46066809
Currently playing... something like that. It's definitely at least somewhat realistic, what with them ostensibly despising each other and only showing other feelings when intoxicated.
>>
File: 1402661581456.jpg (383 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1402661581456.jpg
383 KB, 800x800
>>46063893
Do you like her smile or her body?

The day that her smile just makes you feel better for the rest of the day...that's love. Or at least a crush.
>>
>>46069732
das megacute anon
>>
File: 1456201579047.png (462 KB, 1255x1675) Image search: [Google]
1456201579047.png
462 KB, 1255x1675
>>46066280
I'm a big sucker for most romantic subplots, and there are a few I'd like to either try myself or have in my game.

>tsundere girl/ that couple who mutually hates each other but really they love each other
>cutesy love
>fairy tale romance (rescuing a princess and falling in love, falling in love despite huge class differences in tragic or happy flavors)
>love so deep it doesn't need words or actions
>dramatic love (a whole plot hinges on it! Or there are just a lot of stressful parts, messy problems, ect)
>whatever the fuck pic related is

Overall I wish it would be handled fairly seriously, especially in the case of dramatic love, but I enjoy things being light-hearted, so I wouldn't mind it being used comedically or being just for fun.
>>
File: wAIfu.jpg (157 KB, 675x1140) Image search: [Google]
wAIfu.jpg
157 KB, 675x1140
>>46041030
One of my character's contacts became his girlfriend. They live together now. Pic related. It's my magical realm.
>>
>>46070702
I very much love that story. Bless your ass for posting it.
>>
File: 53614236_p0.jpg (629 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
53614236_p0.jpg
629 KB, 1000x1000
>tfw I will never have a GM with the testicular fortitude to drop a Sylvie off in my lap
Goddamnit, /tg/

I don't want to feel this feel

>select all sandwiches
Fuck you captchaaaaa ;____;
>>
I have a steady group and DM, and we play two games, with another 4 planned. They're all connected, etc etc multiverse stuff.

My bard is head over heels for this elf druid in the party, but she's pretty dense about it although they've been traveling together for couple of years now (a couple of years isn't a whole lot to elves afterall). Elf gives hint of being jealous now and then. Bard dicks random girls sometimes, but vows to stop after some character development stuff. Elf meets one of the girls my bard banged, gives her sass.

Game's on hold because that party is a total mess and the way we're going the world is fucked. DM asked us to take a break and think things over.

In another game, new characters and all that jazz, we're all super heroes.
No romance involving my character, he's not really interested in anyone at the moment, but p much everyone else is dating NPCs.
>>
>>46066280
A brief bittersweet romance between two lovers separated by fate before they part ways again, this time forever. Bonus points if either of them screwed something up despite their best intentions, leading to messy problems and a bit of drama. Then they accept the inevitable loss, knowing either won't be able to love each other the way they used to (even better if one still does love their lover despite the feeling being unrequited) and as they go separate ways, the farewell is both physical (they'll never meet) and metaphorical (their love is dead).
>>
File: captain drake and hawk.png (3 MB, 4050x6222) Image search: [Google]
captain drake and hawk.png
3 MB, 4050x6222
>>46051279
Captain Drake, is that you?
>>
>>46041030
One of my players keeps hitting on an NPC that's following the party around. We've agreed OOC that there's not going to be any romance between them, so I just RP him as being too obtuse to realize when he's being hit on. It's pretty fun.
>>
File: IsmZJMC.png (5 KB, 488x383) Image search: [Google]
IsmZJMC.png
5 KB, 488x383
>Superhero game where our party is in a national league with a bunch of NPCs, straight out of Tiger and Bunny including competing for hero points
>NPC hits on my character all the time, but he also hits on everyone else or so she thinks
>NPC forces his way over to her house sometime for a meeting, they end up talking and she starts to genuinely like him
>Very soon after NPC gets caught hacking into this big company's shit and is kidnapped by the company and tortured and question, released after the realize he's not a terrorist just fucking nosy
>Day after that he melts himself into the grid and becomes a god for a few hours, knows everything, but it was super traumatic
>They start living together, back and forth between apartments
>She puts some herbs in her garden so he can use them to cook
>He puts a garden in his own apartment so she can keep her fox familiar there
>They start a band together and write songs about each other

It's a nice warm and fuzzy spot in a game where literally everything is going wrong. Waiting for the DM to tragically kill him off saving someone's ass in a superhero battle any day now, and it will be very much pic related
>>
>>46071791
> Waiting for the DM to tragically kill him off saving someone's ass in a superhero battle any day now

Don't worry, Jet Stream almost killed him once, it'll happen again.
>>
It runs, unfortunately.
Poor, one dimensional romances that are only for one of my players to vent her unhealthy obsession with another player.

Disregard setting or character motivations, this girl will always make a super gay male pc only to try and have sex with this another girl's PC. Constantly, she only plays for sex she'll never have because the other girl has already expressed her total lack of interest, multiple times.

Yet she goes on playing vulgar and loner PC who somehow always look for the company of this girl's PC even despite the two being complete and utter opposite.

And i'm talking about Scum & Arbitrator opposites
>>
>>46066280
There's a screencap, don't know if it's been posted yet, about a DH game where the guardsman had a yandere mercenary admirer that spent a fair bit of the campaign as an antagonist, before the guardsman and her had a bit of a heart-to-heart and got together. That's the sort of thing I'd love to see, a love interest that's a villain. Not an irredeemable villain, but undoubtedly a villain and a mildly crazy one at that, who has the hots for a party member. I just think it's a fun idea, plus it gives the party a recurring villain to boot. Plus I just think it's cute.
>>
>>46072728
Nigga you think you can post that shit and not give us the juicy details?
>>
>>46041030

My DM loves elaborate romances, but they're anime as fuck. AS FUCK.

Our most recent game was an urban-fantasy one about hunting vampires. Here, the vampires use the 'rules' of Japanese vampires. All the men are insanely handsome and look like NTR antagonists, all the women are extremely hot and extremely wicked. Also, while they breed true, they can only 'convert' virgins. A non-virgin becomes a cannibalistic ghoul instead.

Their last ability is that each one has a 'war form' they can shift into that represents their true personality. We've seen stuff like dire boars, knights in bone armor with blood-sucking swords, twins that merged into a two-headed baboon and a very, very old vampire patriarch that could transform into a three-headed acid-breathing dragon.

All the players are part of a world-spanning vampire-slaying order, called 'The Order'. They're in Japan because one vampire has stolen the blood of Christ, and multiple factions will do absolutely anything to do it back.

So how does this tie into things? Well...

(More)
>>
>>46073179
I'm not that good at storytelling but ok
>GM'ing Dark heresy
>the normal girl makes a Scum
>the obsessed girl makes an Arbitrator (female, for once)
>Near the end of the first mission, they decide to have may-be-the-last-time-before-we-die sex
>As how the obsessed girl describes it, the arbitrator basically rapes the scum

>Obsessed girl then gets tired of arbitrator because "girls are boring"
>Changes PC
>Makes a Voidborn Psyker who grew up in a space hulk
>Basically the epitome of the "oh my god leave me alone please" kind of guy
>Still uses any kind of excuses to approach the scum, be friendly, and trying to build up a romance that isn't really there

I would stop it if it wasn't so hilariously pathetic
>>
>>46047299
Well they can get along. They just can't mate or the fairy would explode.
>>
>>46061994
Here.
>>
File: japanese girl.jpg (58 KB, 1200x880) Image search: [Google]
japanese girl.jpg
58 KB, 1200x880
>>46073340

Our PC Knights of the Order of Megiddo ended up fighting alongside a group of angelic songstresses, a Choir trained by the Master Conductor. They recruit girls with the power of song from orphanages and so on, and train them to evoke great effects when they sing in concert. They're not physically strong, but they can evoke actual miracles, which are very rare in the setting. Knights have semi-mystical abilities, but they be explained away as conditioning - i.e. Ignore wound penalties through righteous zeal, become terrifying to creatures of evil for a turn - or the magical items they're using. It's sort of how the artifacts in Deathwatch are ambiguous as to whether blessed or just really, really good.

The leader of the fivesome is the oldest girl (Alicia) fiercely competitive, a bit of a tomboy. She's very atheletic, very protective of the others, and tends to get in over her head. After butting heads a bit in the beginning, both groups ended up working together. The thing is, she kind of got a crush on my PC after he rescued her from a werewolf (Okay, a beastman) that the group was trying to corral, and the fight went disastrously wrong for them. It was going to rape her and eat her, or eat her THEN rape her, so I hacked its arm off and disembowelled it.

Somehow, the two of us ended up working together a lot. The way she warmed up to my PC was actually very cute. Like when we had to stake out an amusement park because of a succubus that was preying on couples (The truth was actually even more disturbing), the others PCs and her group sort of pushed them together because they'd be the most 'convincing' at pretending to be boyfriend and girlfriend. That was mostly a solo session, and it was as adorably awkward at being an actual date down to having to hold hands

(More)
>>
>>46073594

Of course, the one drawback is that they couldn't actually do anything physical. While Knights don't have to be celibate, the girls do have that as a requirement. Loss of virginity means loss of power. Actually, Alicia's powers started to weaken tremendously for some unknown reason, and she couldn't harmonize with the rest of the group as much as before. This was when she started to grow her hair out and dress in a significantly more feminine way, too, down to being very, very embarassed at some of the costumes her friends coaxed her into wearing. They may have powers, but they're also a gaggle of teenage girls. Of course they'll gossip and do everything they can to 'help things along'.

Unfortunately, the path of romance never runs smooth. It turns out that a recurring villain had stolen the Blood of Christ as part of an elaborate ritual to awaken an ancient (We're talking Fall of Rome ancient, one who was explicitly there at the Crucifixion) vampire from slumber. My PC's rival was this inordinately arrogant, aggressive playboy who was especially good at charming women. Interestingly enough, his true passion was duelling, but he certainly enjoyed being able to manipulate people.

He ended up fixating on Alicia, because he needed a songstress to sing the requiem that would awaken the Elder Vampire. The thing was, he planned to marry her first THEN turn her, because the symbolism of ritual defilement would have given him immense power. Also because he was a dick like that.

We ended up storming the skyscraper in one of the campaign's bloodiest battles.

(More)
>>
>>46071752
Is there more?
>>
File: homura evil.jpg (823 KB, 704x1023) Image search: [Google]
homura evil.jpg
823 KB, 704x1023
>>46073730

This was basically a huge, sprawling elevator-action fight. You had enemies coming out of the woodwork, and the inside of the place itself had been so spatially warped and corrupted the building itself was actively trying to kill us. I ultimately encountered my rival and had a one-on-one battle with him while everyone else fought the guests, which included weird and freakish Chinese vampires, necromantic horrors, and that weird kind of monster where the head flies off with the entrails attached. (I can't remember the name.)

He could turned into a bone-armored knight who could control blood, and had all kinds of tricks like firing branching projectiles, explosive/corrosive/poisonous blood, and IMPALING SPIKES MADE FROM HIS OWN BONES. I managed to seriously injure him, and he had to flee, despite taking his loss surprisingly well in a very infuriating "Oh, well done! Well done indeed! I'll return the favor next time." way.

After my PC broke into the bedroom, I found Alicia in her wedding dress...And about to fling herself out of a window, which she'd shattered. She promptly broke down in my PC's arms and wept that she'd been so afraid, because she'd heard fighting out (the chamber was magically sealed) and she was afraid that it'd be the other guy instead.

So my PC promptly swept her up and, on the spur of the moment, asked her to marry him.

She agreed. Enthusiastically.

One of the other PCs, an ordained priest and also the party's armorer, presided over the ceremony. We're still picking up the pieces from that session, and she's lost her powers from having consummated the marriage, so we'll have to see how it plays out.
>>
>>46041030
DM is good with interparty romance but refuses to NPC it, which is reasonable. We came to kill monsters and solve mysteries. Right now the whole party's paired up. Our Cavalier is trying to civilize the Barbarian girl so that she can be presentable in court while the barbarian girl is making plans to drag him off to her home village whether he wants to or not. Meanwhile the noble summoner and his alchemist servant are slowly realizing they love each other and keep making "joke" plans to run away together after the BBEG is defeated.
>>
>>46071752
Fuck, I love that story, thank you for posting.
>>
>>46072792
I have it on my computer. I'll post it when I can be arsed to do so.
>>
>>46073843
Start her training as a Knight instead. Become a battle couple. Or see if there's anything she can do that would be powered by love instead of innocence.
>>
>>46073843
>filename
NOTHING WRONG!
>>
>>46041030
For some reason, three different DMs now have orchestrated my characters winding up in romances with NPCs. It always fit the story and provided nice ingame motivation, so I rolled with it, but I also never directly sought it out and am left to wonder why I'm always the only one.
>>
One of my characters ended up marrying another PC in the post game, which did a lot to ease the racial tensions between her race and his, seeing as they ended up ruling their respective kingdoms.
>>
>>46074543
<3
>>
File: 1448957246030.jpg (1 MB, 1100x1500) Image search: [Google]
1448957246030.jpg
1 MB, 1100x1500
>>46071752
There is absolutely nothing about this story that I don't love. Goddamn this is cute cute cute.

Do you think online games are better for romance in general? I think it'd be more awkward to try and have characters form a romantic relationship when they're all a bunch of guys around a table.
>>
File: 1421555113608.jpg (436 KB, 563x825) Image search: [Google]
1421555113608.jpg
436 KB, 563x825
>>46044743
What the hell, I guess I can add to this.

Barbarian never knew her mother, originally. Her father came from a tribe of vaguely mongol nomads, allegedly descended from a blue dragon. He remarried shortly after she was born, to some aasimar from another tribe, to seal an alliance. They were both kind, wise people, adequate but not exemplary fighters, and in stepmother's case, somehow patient enough to put up with Barbarian, who was not an easy child. All she knew about her blood mother was that she was some exotic, foreign woman in red, and people didn't remember much about her.

So we move to this foreign dragon-kingdom land where Barbarian's mother is apparently a disowned noble heir, etc. She finds secondboy, and gets along pretty well with him. He's clever, smart, doesn't greatly mind that she's some burly red-scaled chick with neither house nor status (though she's clearly a noble-tier in terms of blood potency.) Heck, the GM even makes a passing comment about him having had a thing/fantasy for those crazy red-scaled berserker women of the Blue's enemy house. He and his sister are lawmen of sorts, and also incidentally next (or possibly, second) in line for House Blue throne. ( Barbarian was responsible for bumping them up from third/fourth, actually. Details.
)
He believes Barbarian when she tells him her (fairly incriminating) story and "arrests" and "escorts" her towards his liege. Quotes because that's where she was going initially, and it might not be proper to call it an arrest when prisoner and warden are wining and dining each other and sleeping in the same bed.

She even shares with him who she thinks she's related to- ie, the leader of their eternal-enemy house. He doesn't mind; apparently he'd quietly guessed that from information she'd let slip. He advises her to keep it under her hat, and promises not to spill unless his loyalty to his house demands it.
>>
File: 1413690701421-0.jpg (116 KB, 710x947) Image search: [Google]
1413690701421-0.jpg
116 KB, 710x947
>>46075441
They get on well, she's subject to some serious scrutiny at the capital, but her story checks out and it seems like she genuinely is innocent. She's eventually allowed (and encouraged) to leave after the investigation. There's a war starting.

Barbarian isn't responsible for it, she just served as a flashpoint. Further, everyone seems to have very firm ideas about who will win. There isn't really much argument. Hint: It isn't Red house. So Barbarian, knowing who her mother is and wanting to finally meet this bitch that abandoned her as a child, and not really keen on watching this house she's ostensibly a major (unknown) scion of get annihilated, moves off to participate in the war.

Then priorities undergo a rapid reevaluation, we discover the war is being engineered by a darker enemy of all, etc, and that Barbarian might be able to bring it to a halt if she takes up mantle as heir/leader to the house... Okay. Cool.

Well, given the background and the current situation, Barbarian is reluctantly turning over in the back of her mind the idea of marrying secondboy for an alliance/seal the peace at some point. She's not unfond of him, it's a practice she's familiar with (her father and all) and probably even widespread enough that these decadent settled folk would understand and respect. He'd probably say yes if she asked, either just to end the war or because *she* asked. And both...

Otoh, both of them would probably catch flak for wedding an enemy, and she's really not keen on settling down yet. She's still fairly young, wants to adventure and fuck around, still has an ancient BBEG she's got to travel the world and oppose. Doesn't feel particularly ready to be a ruler, either- but he's wiser, has a local education, and probably would. (And got told by demigod he'd make a better one.)

But hey. It's a tool, a weapon in her arsenal to prevent the land getting torn apart by warring machinated by the BBEG; if it has to be done, it's her duty to do it.
>>
>>46041030
He's a feudal world chainsword knight. She's a pyromancy psyker and the sheltered daughter of a captain in the Imperial Navy, a sort of voidship princess. The game is Dark Heresy, so you know it won't end well.
>>
>>46075836
Marry into the Imperial Navy aristocracy, anon. Let your children defend Humanity in perpetuity.
>>
File: 1358042512509.gif (2 MB, 218x233) Image search: [Google]
1358042512509.gif
2 MB, 218x233
Love never blooms for my characters, because other players dont feel good flirting with me. Because i'm gay.
Love sucks.
>>
Our GM doesn't allow us to flirt, not with NPCs nor with other party members.
He's such a salty asshole, the only way our characters can experience a bit of love is by mentioning a love interest/partner in our character's background, and still they will never appear in-game.
>>
File: Chun Li No Fun.png (331 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Chun Li No Fun.png
331 KB, 650x650
>>46075978
Find a lonely orc. They're willing to love anything.
>>46076121
So your DM is like pic related?
>>
>>46073448
Eustice's Spell of Incredible Elasticity...
>>
>>46075978
I'll flirt with you, anon-kun
>>
>>46070702
>love so deep it doesn't need words or actions
finally, a way for character's extra languages to be relevant
>>
>>46076659
>you will never express your love for your lover with elvish poetry that the rest of the party can't even understand
>>
>>46076727
I was actually more thinking of something where the PC doesn't share any common languages with their love interest so they have to come up with alternative means of communication or else learn an entirely new language just to talk to their beau
it'd be cute
>>
I tried romancing an NPC once then stopped after I realized how weird it was because when I thought about it, it was really just me and our GM just flirting with each other and it made it feel weird..
>>
>>46073843
Nigga that's so adorable I think I have diabetes now. The part about the rapist beastman and the rival wanting to defile her makes me really nervous though. Has rape been a recurring thing in this game?
>>
>>46076846
This is why you shouldn't think. Just let it flow.
>>
>>46076846
Then you should really stop roleplaying, because when you think about it, it's just you and a bunch of other guys playing pretend with toys and pieces of paper.

Not trying to be a dick, but people who don't try to get invested because they're worried about how others will react are just harming themselves in the long run. I'm not saying you should force your magical realm - just don't let yourself become little more than a fighting robot.
>>
>>46076846
As a PC, I can flirt with NPC's just fine. But the few times I GM'ed and our normal GM tried romancing an NPC, that's when I felt weird about it. Ever since then, I've worried that he feels the same way every time a player tries getting it on with someone. Luckily the character I'm playing now is beta af so we rarely come across that situation anymore.
>>
File: yas.gif (2 MB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
yas.gif
2 MB, 500x374
Where the fuck do I find you kind of guys to play with irl?
All the male players in my current campaign are boring assholes who just want to kill and get xp, they don't give a rat's ass about creating a storyline and much less about romance.
I may have to end up creating a male character so I can get some romance with one of the other female players at this rate.
>>
>>46077796
>Where the fuck do I find you kind of guys to play with irl?
not with randoms, that's for sure unless you live in a big city and are either really, really lucky or ready to shrug off endless disappointments an neckbeard obese creeps describing raping your character in every detail.
I feel sort of bad for you, though I wish you luck.
>>
>>46077796
>>46077852
Find a group online? Bigger pool of people means better search results for finding the type of group you want.
>>
>>46077933
What are some places to find online groups? Roll20 is the only place I've managed to find and most of the games there are voice only, which is a problem for me since my mic is broken.
>>
File: 40k-BlackLagoonLovestory.jpg (4 MB, 1035x5921) Image search: [Google]
40k-BlackLagoonLovestory.jpg
4 MB, 1035x5921
>>46072792
>>
>>46078082
Believe it or not I found a great group (or rather the DM found me and we formed one over time) in the game finder thread. It seems to either be a hit or a miss. You could also hang out in the general for your specific system and ask if there are any games you want going.
>>
>>46041030
The minute one of them attempts to woo the other, I point to the bedroom door, tell them to fuck and get it over with, and return to the game. "Uguu, your beauty surpasses the sun!" bullshit don't fly in my house. We're here to destroy elder gods, raze villages, smack the shit out of a lich. I allow for little side quests, I try to keep the railroading to a minimum, but fuck if I'll let Johnny Whatever and his girlfriend play out their sex fantasies in my game.
>>
>>46078189
Sounds pretty no-fun, desu.
>>
>>46078208
I understand wanting to remain in character, doing as characters do, and loving as characters love, but its not going to fly if you go on for ten minutes having fake sex with your fake half-elf girlfriend, while the real one is giving you bedroom eyes from across the table. Keep it in your own home. Get that shit out of your system before you step inside mine. I am God once you sit at my table. You do not anger a god.
>>
>>46078287
>there is no form of love besides flap-A-slot-A intercourse
okay senpai
>>
File: 126546310.gif (3 MB, 506x285) Image search: [Google]
126546310.gif
3 MB, 506x285
>>46078208
>Sounds pretty no-fun
for the group, you mean.
>>
>>46078287
>but its not going to fly if you go on for ten minutes having fake sex with your fake half-elf girlfriend
Have you ever heard of 'fade to black' anon

Like it's not hard to go 'okay, you and this cutie go into the tent and have a nice time. Meanwhile while this is going on, what's the rest of the party doing?'
>>
>>46057786

>They held hands once though. It was nice.

Thats to hard for me sorry...
>>
>>46077796
Come to the AD&D thingy one guy is doing on gamefinder, it seems pretty character driven so far and the GM encourages interaction. There is also a romance plot in motion from what I'm told, so it's safe to assume this shit will fly.
>>
>>46075882
But we Inquisition 4 lyfe now, friend. There are houseflies that live longer than your average acolyte. Plus, he's from Seph Sec, where proposing means gifting one's master a finger for permission to wed. That's a hell of a commitment.
>>
File: 1455396204058.jpg (28 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
1455396204058.jpg
28 KB, 680x382
Ok, guys, on a sidenote...
How the fuck do you play out the intercourse? Roll a d20 for successfully maintaining an erection? Roll again for each thrust?
My party just takes it as "yeah this character and this character are going to bed together" and give no further details, but a friend who's DMing for another group told me they actually have rolls? How the fuck do you roll for sex?
>>
File: 1455544636699.png (262 KB, 564x740) Image search: [Google]
1455544636699.png
262 KB, 564x740
>>46079000
The question is not 'how' but 'why'. Decorum aside, why the fuck would you roll for something that's a cooperative effort not opposed by anything?
>>
>>46079000
You look the DM straight in the eyes, and tell him no. "Shh. Stop complicating things. Let it happen. Shh. No, don't speak. Just let it happen."
>>
>>46079000
Didn't FATAL solve this? Roll for anal circumference.
>>
>>46079205
That's more a d100 during chargen
>>
>>46079000
Only time I can see this working is if you pick up a random NPC for a FTB and the DM has you do a fort save or a skill check + your con bonus for laughs to see how good in bed you were.
>>
>>46079205
Oh, enough already with the mindless quoting of memes. Rolling for anal circumference happens during FATAL character creation, not intercourse.

>>46079000
If you're honestly interested, there's a .pdf floating around somewhere called "The Book of Erotic Fantasy" that has rules for stuff like sexual performance and pregnancy for a general d20 system. I'd ask the .pdf share thread if one's up, it happens a lot.
>>
>>46079000
>>46079282

We've got a joke in our group about that. There are three rolls:

Will save against premature ejaculation
Reflex saveto pull out; if that fails:
Fort save against pregnancy
>>
>>46078082
>which is a problem for me since my mic is broken.
sorry to hear that, I'm afraid thiis makes your odds even worse.
>>
File: 1443368947108.jpg (24 KB, 284x253) Image search: [Google]
1443368947108.jpg
24 KB, 284x253
>>46071752
>mfw this will never happen to you
>>
>>46078580
Hand holding is seriously some lewd stuff
>>
I once had a character who got involved in a campaign-spanning, soap opera tier love triangle in a setting where diplomatic marriages are the norm. On the one hand she had her betrothed, separated from her by virtue of being on the other side of a civil war, and on the other hand she caught the attention of a general on the side she was fighting for. To make a long and exciting story short, she ended up selecting a third person to marry because she was worried that choosing one of the two might cause political strife in the newly unified empire. I thought it was a really fun sub-plot overall.

As for >>46079000 I have to say that I think the only sensible way to handle in-game sex outside of an ERP is to simply fade to black. You might roll for seduction for any number of reasons, but the actual sex that happens as a result is pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>46079418
Dunno, text games seem fairly popular around /tg/. I'm in two, though admittedly one uses Discord voice for ooc bullshitry.
>>
>>46079000
Generic luck roll for "was it good".
>>
>>46041030
She's a prude steeped in the dark lore of bodice rippers and romantic drama, on a lonesome journey of self discovery. He's an exotic mercenary whose culture's sexual mores and norms are utterly incomprehensible. Together, they fight crime. And cultists. Mostly cultists.
>>
>>46079980
This sounds like a show I would watch.
>>
>>46066280
Romcom. Pure, unadultered run of the mill romcom.
>>
>>46047480
Sometimes a PCs sexual orientation is "secret murder" and you just have to accept that.
>>
>>46080028
Is pretty neat. It's slowly overtaking the main plot, but it's online so the shenanigans don't detract from actual game time. I'm actually starting to prefer online games for this reason, though I imagine one could just as easily set a 'character development' forum or Discord up for a meatspace campaign.
>>
>>46080136
I find online games hideously slow when it comes to combat, but wonderful when it comes to roleplaying, fluffing, descriptions, interactions, etc.

Give and take, I guess.
>>
>>46080129
>assassin is closet murderer
>barbarian is nymphomurderac
>paladin likes to murder in the missionary position for the purpose of death
>>
>>46080235
This particular game being ye olde donjons et dracones we sped the overland fighting up by using legions of hirelings. Crawls do take forever still, alas.
>>
>>46079200
Underated comment
>>
>>46076900

> Has rape been a recurring thing in this game?

A little, because some of the enemies have appetites that are stomach-churning. One early villain we fought was a child-molestor who targeted prepubescent girls. Generally, vampires prefer to go after young women. You know, just like in most stories.

>>46074216

We'll have to see how it goes, but so far their main asset has been their magical singing. It's been a recurring thing that while the girls are fast, athletic and well-trained, they simply aren't capable of going toe-to-toe with monsters the way Knights are.

You have one group that are primarily spellcasters, another group that are primarily fighters.
>>
>>46080377
Nice dubs
>>
>>46041030
The current goddess of nobility and love in the setting is an ascended tiefling, who was a warlock of Titania before being granted godhood by the formerly active pantheon.
The former goddess of love still exists, and has a plane dedicated to the senses. She was the daughter of a primal god of fire and a bold merchant-woman of the setting's precursor race.
The current BEG warlord ended up in his position because he had a whirlwind romance with a woman who turned out to be an old flame in disguise. They fell back in love, and due to unfortunate events brought about in part by the party, a demon captured the warlord and used his wife and unborn children as part of his leverage.
The warlord was offered a deal: work for the demon and wage a war (which was just, but useful for the demon regardless) and the warlord would not only be set free, but get powers, too. He nearly refused on principle, but relented when the demon pointed out that he could simply offer the deal to someone more likely to abuse it.
The chance to stem the tide of the devil he knew and return to his family in the making was too much of a temptation.
>>
>>46066280
I love drama in which a characters personal motivations clash with their romantic desires in potentially disastrous ways.
You love her, but she's the queen and your assignment is to be her bodyguard at her wedding.
You love him, but he's an exec on the rise and your latest run is to leak information that would ruin him.
You love each other, but he's a militant bio-chauvinist and you're secretly an AI sleeved in a human body.
In my opinion it makes for much more interesting conflict and roleplay than just latching onto a waifu and fighting to protect her smile.
>>
>>46082318
JESawyer, is that you?

I like that, but that isn't all I want. I mean, that's good stuff, but there are still more flavors around.
>>
File: 1457583334744.png (22 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1457583334744.png
22 KB, 300x188
>>46079299

I can see it turning out something like this between PCs.

>Oh, enough already with the mindless quoting of memes. Rolling for anal circumference happens during FATAL character creation, not intercourse.

>Rolls during intercourse.

>"Jesus Christ Mary, it's like one of those deep sea fish that swallow other fish whole."

>Next Session, roll again

"i-it's like when you stick a pencil in playdoh..."

>Next Session, roll twice

>"Did you fuck Mr. Fantastic or something?"
>>
>>46071752
Yeah, it actually is.
How the fuck did you recognize me just from that, nigga?
>>
>>46083639
;)
>>
File: 1437115508863.jpg (62 KB, 435x450) Image search: [Google]
1437115508863.jpg
62 KB, 435x450
>>46083639
>>46083669
If you guys are Hawk and Drake right now I swear
>>
>>46083739
Nah, Hawk has a blood vendetta against emoticons.
I think she's gonna be recruiting for an XCOM campaign in Game Finder sometime next week though, so if you guys could flood her Skype with sexy shirtless Harlock, I'd appreciate the assist.
I'll stop posting now.
>>
>>46083852
please don't
this is the happiest I've ever been while reading /tg/
>>
File: 1441299545745.png (545 KB, 520x459) Image search: [Google]
1441299545745.png
545 KB, 520x459
>>46083852
Almost kind of sort of want to do that. Then again, I wouldn't want to lose favor with a definitely gud GM.
>>
File: Junk Love.jpg (271 KB, 736x1708) Image search: [Google]
Junk Love.jpg
271 KB, 736x1708
Can Love bloom in meet ups?
>>
>>46083852
>>46083739
Hawk is a man. Just saying.
>>
File: Vega Roses.png (1 MB, 725x1100) Image search: [Google]
Vega Roses.png
1 MB, 725x1100
>>
>>46041030
One of the other players hates harem romance stories.

I set things up and moved around chess pieces until he ended up with a harem of three cute girls in game, including his daughteru.

He was understandingly, pissed, when he caught onto my scheme.
>>
>>46083639
>transcended boundaries of setting and even different player groups
I hazarded a guess.

>>46083739
Nope, just a fanboy of things that never happened (but damn if I don't wish it did).
>>
>>46083639
This man is an imposter, no doubt about it
>>
>>46079000
I'm the DM of a campaign that's been running for almost 4 years now. The party half orc monk, who's always had a lot of issues with how ruthless the party has become, defected to the enemy faction, a psionic company of defense contractors and scientific think tanks. He fell in love with the horribly crippled President and CEO of this company, and for about a full year and a half of REAL time (and in game time) he courted her. Eventually, he sealed the deal, but as DM, I saw no reason to describe the sex that happened beyond the most basic of information. i mentioned that it really fucking hurt her and I mentioned that she didn't fucking care, but beyond that, there was not only no need to go further, but it would have cheapened this beautiful unplanned romance that had blossomed out of fucking nowhere. No need to roll for sex, just have the DM decide whether or not the parties are willing.

As an aside, the crippled woman, who was one of the campaigns primary antagonists, just died from childbirth from that one sex incident. Any sex you spend time on in a campaign should be saturated with import.
>>
File: 1448574927894.jpg (511 KB, 1000x1187) Image search: [Google]
1448574927894.jpg
511 KB, 1000x1187
>>46079677
Holy shit, did you watch Aldnoah Zero? This is the exact same plot, and the FeMC choosing the third guy for political reasons got the fans so mad. Which I can understand, because it kind of invalidates all the buildup with the other two.
>>
>>46087152
I haven't watched it, but I'm a sucker for unfulfilled love, so if it's not otherwise garbage I might have to give it a look.
>>
>>46087152
>Aldnoah Zero
>plot
You realize that Aldnoah Zero is literally a retelling of Piso's justice, right?
>>
File: 1438215655985.png (477 KB, 594x454) Image search: [Google]
1438215655985.png
477 KB, 594x454
>>46084900
If Hawke's a girl, it's cute. If Hawke's a guy, it's hella gay, but still cute.
>>
File: the lewdest hentai.jpg (240 KB, 800x1159) Image search: [Google]
the lewdest hentai.jpg
240 KB, 800x1159
>>46079524
>>
File: sex in ttrpgs.png (158 KB, 1394x856) Image search: [Google]
sex in ttrpgs.png
158 KB, 1394x856
>>46079000
>>
File: Comic Shock.jpg (33 KB, 254x332) Image search: [Google]
Comic Shock.jpg
33 KB, 254x332
>>46087855
Holy shit! What did I just read?
>>
File: traditionalgames.png (852 KB, 527x3750) Image search: [Google]
traditionalgames.png
852 KB, 527x3750
>>46087931
Why, /tg/ of course.
>>
>>46080282
10/10 comment
>>
File: Comfy Kirby.png (38 KB, 245x237) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Kirby.png
38 KB, 245x237
Sleepy bump. Goodnight, beautiful Anons. Hope you're cuddling with your loved one.
>>
>>46041030
I've done it a couple of times but the games ended before anything ever actually came of it. I didn't feel particularly uncomfortable, it's not like we were planning on ERPing or some bullshit. It's also not real and the characters aren't a representation of us.
>>
>>46088653
>It's also not real and the characters aren't a representation of us.

This, desu. It's only creepy if y'all play some sort of self-insert or fantasy avatar. If you're not, it's just a story about some fictional characters in a fictional world, and love makes for some pretty interesting stories.
>>
>>46089461
>It's only creepy if y'all play some sort of self-insert or fantasy avatar
That's the only thing I know how to play.
>>
File: 1445525435137.gif (544 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1445525435137.gif
544 KB, 600x338
>>46089737
You'll figure it out. Join a few good games, and try to play something outside your comfort zone or personal experience.
>>
>>46090148
>Join a few good games
B-but anon... all my games have been __good__
>>
File: 1454571532454.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454571532454.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>46090238
Well, there you go then. Now try the second part.
>>
File: 1457551252215.png (341 KB, 850x832) Image search: [Google]
1457551252215.png
341 KB, 850x832
Live, damn you!
Surely this isn't all /tg/ has to say on the subject.
>>
File: cap.png (40 KB, 318x492) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
40 KB, 318x492
Thread's still alive? Well then.
>>46085873
>>46085995
No impostering here. Pinky swear.
>>
>>46090809
You're playing xcom game? Fuck, man, jealous.

>>46041030
There's a game I'm in that has I think three romances going on. One romantic comedy between a Paladin who gives no fucks and a bitch of an elf who lords over a new plot of land she managed to get to herself.

A maybe something going on with a kobold and another kobold, but I have no idea because kobolds...

Finally a duo of elves who are married to each other, but who can never be together because magic. Cursed to inhabit the same body, the woman gets in control during the night, and the man gets in control during the day.
>>
>>46090249
Who is this cutie and where can I find more makeup done by her?
>>
At the end of a 5 year time skip, one character had a lesbian crush on another character (who was unfortunately crushed to death by a ballista). Otherwise, three characters got married and all had kids. By the roll of a d100, one had quadruplets (3 girls and a boy), one had identical twin girls, and the other had a son.

It was decided that after the timeskip, a new party of adventurers would be hired by the original party to continue their work.
>>
File: lewd horo.jpg (56 KB, 406x494) Image search: [Google]
lewd horo.jpg
56 KB, 406x494
>>46090641
>>
>>46091092
>her
>>
>>46091539
If it's a him that's cool too, I had made an assumption but I'm still interested even if I was wrong about the gender of the cutie.
>>
File: 1457709307518.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457709307518.gif
675 KB, 480x270
>>46091462
O-only if you tell me about love in your game first.
>>
File: I love to murder.png (76 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
I love to murder.png
76 KB, 1162x850
I love to murder, too

And the only thing better than murder is looting the still warm corpses
>>
>>46090809
>Hawk: Get. Fucked.
>Drake: Care to help me with that?
>Hawk: ...
>>
>>46090809
How do you run XCOM tabletop?
Did you just base it entirely off the game's code and substitute d100s for RNG?
>>
>>46076825
It most definitely would be, but it'd be hard to pull off outside of a text-based online game.

Then you could do 'taps his shoulder' and 'smiles gratefully' and 'quietly offers to share his bedroll,' stuff that'd be hard to act out in a real life game. And the lack of talking would be harder to work with then, when everything is communicated verbally.
>>
Is romance rare/common in tabletop?
I've only ever seen it in a game once with a nice DM that knew just how to give everyone what they want, and never in any other games. I'm a sucker for romance so it's kind of left me disappointed. Do most DMs just not bother with romance?
>>
>>46093063
You'd have to ask her if you wanted the juicy details, but yeah, pretty sure that's the gist of it.
>>
>>46093342
I've never run a game that has romance but there's always romance when I'm a player.

Scratch that under loneliness, I guess.
>>
>>46093474
does she lurk?
>>
>>46090641
L-lewd, Anon.
>>
File: 1442352851686.png (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1442352851686.png
15 KB, 400x400
Can Ghosts love?
>>
>>46095110
Sure - in a lot of fiction, ghosts linger around because of a lingering connection to life, or a powerful emotional draw that keeps them from moving on. Love could easily be that.

I guess the real question would be if they could find new love. You could have it be cute, with a prince wondering why everyone's so scared of the haunted section of the castle he finds very warm and welcoming, to a sort of 'I tried to remarry after my wife died but they all get scared away.'
>>
>>46095720
>I guess the real question would be if they could find new love.
>hang around for twu wuv (tm)
>wait, that one is a looker...
>fall in love with new person
>fade away as the tie keeping you bound to the mortal plane is voided
>>
File: Neimi Sad.png (249 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Neimi Sad.png
249 KB, 500x500
>>46095769
>>
>>46095110
One of the greatest ghost films is about love, so sure.
>>
File: the sixth sense.jpg (864 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the sixth sense.jpg
864 KB, 1920x1080
>>46096210
Wow, that's kind of creepy.
>>
File: GHOST.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GHOST.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>46096255
Funny you. This is the greatest Ghost film of all time.
>>
>>46044092
>>46044222
This is going to end with someone being brutally murdered.
>>
>>46096434
Yeah, that's the greatest Ghost movie, mostly because it's the only one.
>>
>>46090809
>level of formality reserved for world powers
>get fucked
kek
>>
File: Feels Artist.png (72 KB, 806x1028) Image search: [Google]
Feels Artist.png
72 KB, 806x1028
>>46096479
Let us be happy for once, Anon.
>>
>>46096573
A love interest and a family member rolled into one character. That literally cannot end with everyone getting out alive. It's written into every Dungeon Master's manual since the 80s
>>
>>46096688
Not every GM's sole goal is to traumatize his PCs, anon.
>>
>>46096982
chekov's NPC
>>
>>46097032
That's, A, not the sole use of an NPC, and B, not something that must be obeyed in all circumstances.
>>
>>46096982
No? What it wrong with you?
>>
>>46097158
A: false
B: also false

-10 DM points
>>
>>46097222
>>46097367
I mean, you can joke about it, but genuinely making a no-friends, no-family, orphan adventurer spawned from an adventurer egg means it's just harder to get involved and invested in a story.
>>
>>46097421
if it's a shitty story, sure
>>
>>46097514
A good p&p story is a collaborative endeavor, anon. You don't make it any better by making it harder for everyone including yourself.
>>
File: Hotel Kyle Question.gif (51 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
Hotel Kyle Question.gif
51 KB, 192x224
If your PC was real, would you romance them?
>>
>>46098097
Holy Christ no. PCs are bad news.
>>
File: the_best_sister.jpg (85 KB, 1022x538) Image search: [Google]
the_best_sister.jpg
85 KB, 1022x538
>>46098097
Maybe.
>>
>>46098097
He already has a wife, and I'm straight.
>>
>>46098097
My PC is my fetish but god almighty I doubt she'd be interested in me. heck I'M not interested in me, why should she be any different
>>
>>46093927
Yup, every now and then. I've caught her posting really weird shit a few times.
I know she was handing out macros in a Roll20 thread a little while back. You could go spelunking for that if you wanna pilfer her XCOM stuff.
>>
>>46095769
>get to spend a few moments with them
>get to be happy in having found love again and being a part of a person's life
>go to the afterlife happy and knowing they'll see you again someday
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 103

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.