[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CofD/ - chronicles of fagness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: FAGNESS.png (37 KB, 280x436) Image search: [Google]
FAGNESS.png
37 KB, 280x436
http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD
>>
chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46007357
old thread
>>
File: exploring owod metaplot.png (2 MB, 1127x1168) Image search: [Google]
exploring owod metaplot.png
2 MB, 1127x1168
Someone's upset about the success of new and the shit that is old.
>>
>>46039899
Nah, he's been doing this for a while. It's just a staple of the threads, now
>>
>>46039951
I suspect he may be high on narcotics.
>>
>>46039899
I think he just thinks the name "Chronicles of Darkness" is really pretentious.

Which to be fair it is.
>>
>>46040050
It's no more pretentious than World of Darkness, it's just newer. Either way he's just butthurt about the superior game.
>>
>>46040050
>pre·ten·tious
>prəˈten(t)SHəs/
>adjective
>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

It's not, really. It's more fitting than (new)World of Darkness

As someone said back when the change was made, it fits that they'd change it this way. World of Darkness is all about the Metaplot, the connected world of all the games, and global conspiracies. Chronicles of Darkness is built from the word go to be a toolbox to run your own stories, with no requirement to have any of the other splats involved no matter what you're playing, with minimal homebrew required.(EG, you can't run a DtF game without acknowledging the fact that the Sixth Great Maelstrom happened and thus the Week of Nightmares happened, drawing in all the shit involved in that like the Ravnos ante, but you can totally run a DtD game without involving any other splat at all.
>>
>>46040181

Doesn't this kind of thinking usually lead to responses of "but you can just ignore the metaplot"?
>>
>>46039817

Stop this thread separating idiocy - get in here: >>46040196
>>
>>46040205
That's kinda difficult with Demon, though, because from what I know there's quite a bit of mechanical shit tied to the fact that the Sixth Great Maelstrom is a recent event, and Demons on Earth outside of the Earthbound are a brand new thing
>>
>>46039817
Other thread
>>46040196
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.