[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's happening in our cyberpunk future? >Google Robotics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 37
File: FB_IMG_1457014616838.jpg (137 KB, 947x948) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457014616838.jpg
137 KB, 947x948
What's happening in our cyberpunk future?

>Google Robotics buys the last GM factories and finishes conversion of all cars in North America to networked autodrive.

>China vows to continue its occupation of the Arabian peninsula; oil output soars.

>KENNED AI ahead in polls for UN World President.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456926393102.jpg (68 KB, 711x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456926393102.jpg
68 KB, 711x960
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457654525726.jpg (115 KB, 1288x2048) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457654525726.jpg
115 KB, 1288x2048
First Cyborg Euro-President.
>>
File: astronauts vs evil astronauts.jpg (914 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
astronauts vs evil astronauts.jpg
914 KB, 1600x900
NASA is engaged in deadly combat maneuvers against anti-NASA, itself the product of a massive psycho-memetic armament attack within the aerospace community and general populace. If NASA is Sock, anti-NASA is Spock with a goatee
>>
File: 1332990779779.jpg (654 KB, 840x1266) Image search: [Google]
1332990779779.jpg
654 KB, 840x1266
Combat Pandas used to devastating effect during the Himalayan Water Wars of 2037, when flash floods from global warming inundated half the mountain range and wiped out most of the Sino-Indian troops stationed there.

>select all images with kayaks
>thanks, captcha, that new AlphaGo system is working out well
>>
>DARPA's recently announced cybernetic implant project is a success
>Initially it is used for very expensive prosthetics developed for war veterans
>but they are so expensive that war veterans cannot afford them, leading to a lot of unrest
>building on the same technology battery powered cybernetic brain cages are developed
>along with cyborg bodies
>used by private military at first
>but then eventually corporations will "loan" them to employees who do dangerous manual labor
>after transferring new hires to a brain cage, the new hires discover that fitting their body with the stuff to plug themselves back in is very expensive
>also it takes a lot of money to keep a body with no brain alive
>naturally a lot of poverty stricken individuals are forced to literally sell their body, either in piecemeal or in whole
>the rich buy bodies for their own purposes or organs to replace their own.
>their only body is one on loan from their employer
>which their employer can take back or shut down at any time
>since fewer human bodies means less food consumption, food production drops a lot.
>leading to food becoming a luxury item
>only the rich can afford to eat, and poor countries export all their food because it is more profitable that way
>this leads to global famine where the only ones unaffected are the poor cyborgs, the rich militarized cybords, or the very wealthy humans who can afford to maintain their biological body.
>if you are poor, your choices are to starve to death, or to sell your body and exist either as a miserable corporate wageslave or a miserable killing machine. No matter what choice you make, you will suffer and die at the hands of people who couldn't care less.
>>
>>46043431
>>but they are so expensive that war veterans cannot afford them, leading to a lot of unrest

Prosthetics are paid for by the US taxpayer. So if they "can't afford them", you're basically saying the USA is bankrupt.

>>46040877
This pic is funny on so many levels.
>>
>>46043563
while the US has a lot of debt, I have my doubts that any funding to defense or veterans would be cut.

More likely that the taxpayer money for the prosthetic would just be so badly mismanaged by contractors with corporate interests that the veterans would be getting ten year old prosthetic that cost ten times as much as their ought to... not exactly what the taxpayers are paying for
>>
>>46043431
>since fewer human bodies means less food consumption, food production drops a lot.
THAT ISN'T HOW IT WORKS. PRODUCTION DOES NOT DROP BELOW DEMAND BECAUSE OF A DECREASE OF DEMAND.

If there was a choice between becoming a cyborg or leaving and just growing your own food, people would just start growing their own crops.
>>
>>46039377
>Google's ad service advances to the point that it can predict exactly what you will want to spend your money on and buys it for you automatically
>It's then expanded to job hunting by weighing your experience in the field, and your preferences for hours, pay, flexibility, etc in order to find the ideal combination of employers and employees
>People become complacent and computers take over
>Robot overlords maintain a population of humans raised to become masters of various strategy games to seed the AI with intuitive reasoning
>No one actually wanted to do all the shitty jobs robots do anyway
>>
>>46043859
>>Google's ad service advances to the point that it can predict exactly what you will want to spend your money on and buys it for you automatically
>Google can predict the exact course of your entire life
>Your career, your sex life, your mistakes and successes
>Uses it to precisely target advertising 85 years into the future
>If you're the type who rebels against this and might go on a shooting rampage, it informs the police first
>Yes, it knows you're surfing 4chan right now
>>
>>46043688
but that isn't cyberpunk

agripunk maybe
>>
File: Swatteam.jpg (43 KB, 495x638) Image search: [Google]
Swatteam.jpg
43 KB, 495x638
>>46039377

I prefer a more GTA 2 type setting. Most promised technology either fails entirely or becomes stupidly expensive to find, whereas cheap as shit cars, guns and drugs flood the streets. Trains run late, garbage is never picked up. The police are for rich people while everyone else gets national guard/civil defense checkpoints every two blocks. The world is falling apart, and the player just wants to make as much money as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isw9fPO70yM
>>
>>46044883
>The police are for rich people while everyone else gets national guard/civil defense checkpoints every two blocks.

That would be better police service than the police, actually.
>>
>Google cyberpunk memes
Gay
>>
>>46044928

>NG
>better than police

if you think getting groped at a TSA checkpoint is gross, imagine if the person doing it was a conscripted teenager
>>
File: 1418859731507.jpg (156 KB, 750x914) Image search: [Google]
1418859731507.jpg
156 KB, 750x914
>>46039377
Seriously? That's all you got?

Everyone is walking around with their own deck. A hyper-connected super-computer and nearly EVERYONE is a walking digital vulnerability. We have literal eye-goggles over the face computer interaction which mirror the 80's predictions.

And punk? We got a fuckton of punk:

We got Occupy Wallstreet, Snowden, Wikileaks, the Pirate Party, and raids on megaupload servers and illegally grabbing someone named (I shit you not) Kim Dotcom.

Remember, we don't ACTUALLY want to live in a dystopia. It's just a fun setting and a cautionary tale.

...Pirates holding megaships hostage for millions, a monarchy funding an international network of terrorist cult schools, the last specimen of countless species poached and smuggled to sell esoteric wonder cures for impotence and infertility, corporations legislating states' liability for loss of future earnings in an international race to the bottom through thinly veiled puppet governments, low brow hackers blackmailing countless businesses with automated harddisk encryption viruses and hard to trace virtual currency protection money, African scammers practicing internet magic with blood rituals to bless their social hack mass mailings, the oceans dying, poles melting, and worldwide mass migration to new habitable zones within the coming decades unavoidable... hey, let's all elect religious fundamentalists or powermad narcissists to make it a perfect storm, okay?

Detaining people indefinitely in guantanamo, SOPA and PIPA locking down your internet, NDAA giving the president the right to assassinate people, EVERYONE being withing 3 degrees of separation from someone supporting a terrorist cause, with the term "Military Combatant" redefined as providing money to an ostensible charity fund.

>Google Robotics buys the last GM factories
OOOooooh, shit. You were trying to talk about a science FICTION cyberpunk future. Yeah, no, I'm still coming to grips with our cyberpunk reality future.
>>
>>46040877
I cannot BEGIN to explain how messed up this picture is.
>>
>>46045541
>our cyberpunk reality future.
Nice meme there
>>
>>46045541

You forgot international trade agreements enshrining profit as a fundamental right of corporations, enabling them to sue sovereign governments for enacting hostile policies that hurt the bottom line.
>>
File: 1453631599378.png (15 KB, 210x260) Image search: [Google]
1453631599378.png
15 KB, 210x260
>>46045541
>tfw rolled a bad character
>tfw the bad character was for real life
>>
>>46045541
Oculus rift and increasingly immersive gaming through omnidirectional treadmills.

Soylent. Enough said, there.

A single buy-it-online dynasty (amazon) that allows shut ins to live without even having to leave their apartment to buy toilet paper.

The new cave man sleeps in a box, but lives on the net.
>>
>The Antarctic Uploaded Collective formally joins the UN, despite opposition by some nations over hacking allegations. The Collective counters that encountering corporate or government ICE would put all Collective citizens in danger
>The Martian Uprising enters it's second year since the Free Martian Republic declared independence from Horizon Enterprises. Horizon continues to maintain that any citizens born on in their habitats are legally employees of Horizon, while the Kingdom of Jupiter weathers allegations of providing munitions to the rebels
>The fourth day of court proceedings against former ARG super star Scaevola Kováč on charges of cheating via AI. The International Board of ARG Supervisors presents it's next witness, the AI ARCHIMEDES to give testimony
>And the LA-Miami Metroplex declares a level 5 toxicity warning, as air pollution reaches an all time high
>This is Vāyu News
>>
>>46045541
good post.
>>
>UN world president
>the UN existing, or at least having any power, in the future
My suspension of disbelief can only stretch so far.
>>
>>46039377
The cyberpunk is real, though, anon.
The only thing that is lacking for true cyberpunk is corps' right of extraterritoriality, and it isn't unfeasible that they will gain it in the next couple of decades.
>>
File: Guardium 1407816790436.jpg (127 KB, 960x623) Image search: [Google]
Guardium 1407816790436.jpg
127 KB, 960x623
>>46048215
Cyberpunk isn't real. We aren't living a 1980s version of 2020s. Nor are we living in the future. Cyberpunk is a fantasy with certain stylings.
>>
gangs of roving heroic vigilante musicians in the vein of THE AQUABATS!
>>
File: image.png (119 KB, 603x322) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119 KB, 603x322
>Despite some opposition, who were quickly killed for being so retarded the stability of the human genome was at stake, the UN managed and its security forces managed the world wide Anti-Greeble act.
Future generations will thank us.
>>
>>46048803
Cyberpunk is real in its core.
Sure, the stylistics aren't there, but we are basically living in cyberpunk reality, with all the fun things stripped out, and all the shitty things doubled and more to come.
>>
Are there any cyberpunk things that examine countryside? Wilderness? Rural communities? Tribal peoples? Things that are usually considered off-limits to cyberpunk?
>>
>>46049570
>and all the shitty things doubled and more to come.
Yeah, because we're living in a completely collapsed society with 70% of the population in poverty, gangs whose sole purpose are to kill as many random people as they can, designer plagues ravaging through the lands killing millions, corporate assassinations kidnappings and whatever happening daily, everyone and their grandma taking the newest designer cocaine analogue they bought from 7/11, no public schooling system, flooded coastal cities, acid rain, gangs of feral 10 year olds, a police force that makes liberal use of military gunships, televised executions, and bloodsports.

Man we are SO cyberpunk, you know? But like, doubled all that. Of course our world is worse than any cyberpunk world!
>>
>>46049971
Nomads in cyberpunk 2020 sort of touch on that. Though it's generally something that's not entirely focused on in the genre.

Hardwired also takes place in the countryside for a good amount of time, but the location isn't entirely the focus.
>>
File: FlqUPHO.png (376 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
FlqUPHO.png
376 KB, 1000x500
>>46039377
>>
File: cTkfGuC.jpg (79 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
cTkfGuC.jpg
79 KB, 800x577
>>46052922
>>
File: L9e8Rfr.png (646 KB, 661x696) Image search: [Google]
L9e8Rfr.png
646 KB, 661x696
>>46052936
>>
I dunno why, but I feel like Russia and China are gonna go to war around the time the first or second major roll out of military power armor happens. It just seems right.
>>
>>46039377
>cars with black people explode as soon as they approach cops because the algorithm determined that the nigga ain't worth shit
>>
File: cyberpunk87.jpg (114 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk87.jpg
114 KB, 600x849
>>46043688
Okay, but where'd they get the kit, land and training for that, especially if they live in an urban environment and are dirt poor?
>>
>>46049271
>Google what Greeble is

That shit really should be illegal desu famillia
>>
>>46045541
Stop scaring me
>>
>>46052831

Half the things you said are real, and that's half too many.
>>
>>46053139
Half the things I said are real? Like what?
>>
File: cyberpunk193.jpg (719 KB, 856x807) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk193.jpg
719 KB, 856x807
>>46053166
Not him, but depending on where you define poverty, and where you examine, you might have the poverty one, acid rain is a thing (but less than it has been), corporate assassinations happen to disuade unions, there are police forces that use drones (there was a recent regulation about what armaments they were allowed in the US somewhere), flooding is an issue though generally only during serious storms, and ISwhatever love to televise their executions.

Still, cyberpunk was and is speculative fiction, it should be no surprise that some things in it do in fact exist
>>
>>46053317
With the poverty one, I mean a technologically advanced 'modern' society with that sort of poverty rate. I know acid rain is a thing, but not a constant like it is in the genre. Sure, I'll give you the union thing. Flooding during storms doesn't count, I was referring to a constant flood due to rise of sea levels. And ISIS are in kebab land where nothing matters, not government sanctioned executions in America being televised.

Some things /exist/, but not to any degree that the genre predicted. That's not to say it's not my favourite genre, but it works off the fears and such of the time, which of course were hyper and radical, because everything in the 80s was.

Also that picture you posted was one I cropped. No idea why I recognize it.
>>
Opposition to the dehumanization of the working class by the bourgeoisie uplifting animals and giving limited rights to self-aware AI's will breathe new life into the radical left, as Marxists become the basis of the human supremacy movement.

Capitalist countries use exploitative contracts and deniable hacking ops to control the productivity of AI's, but neo-populist countries like Greece aggressively pushing semi-automated central planning have a vested interest in preventing virtual managers from becoming self-aware and demanding rights. Self-awareness for machines would doom the post-scarcity future of full automation prophesied since the time of Marx, therefore for the communist singularity hundreds of years in the future to be saved the transhuman singularity of the present must be stopped by any means necessary.

Illegal trade unions and wildcat strike actions swell in numbers as workers oppose the push towards augmentation, not wanting to be coerced into unnecessary surgery that will make them dependent on the corps for maintenance and upgrades for life. Transhuman and Worker youth gangs fight in the streets.
>>
>>46039377
chances are anon you or I will die of cancer before we ever find out.
>>
>>46052945
If that happened it would be best korea and russia tag teaming against usa, china, and possibly japan if we want to drag them kicking and screaming. Eventually the UN would join our side whether for support or actual help is a crap shoot. Most likely shit will be over oil since the united states supermega never run dry for 200 years survery took into account coal thats unreachable or immensely unprofitable to mine and has now been given 20-40 years. Its gonna be oil or nuclear and oil before nuclear. Bright side is it will be like kicking 2 puppies since their arsenals are absolutely pathetic and their only real deal is manpower from russia and that doesn't mean a lot in a modern war setting.
>>
>>46053026
Believe it or not, while hard backbreaking work, farming is fairly easy it just requires a little knowledge and diligence. Till soil, wet soil, fertilize, repeat maybe three times, plant, water, watch for most crops. Just make sure to weed often. Especially now you can just go down to the store and buy cheap seeds or grab an ear of corn or some potato quarters from your neighbor. More complicated stuff obviously happens when you go full scale farmland but growing in a little plot to make enough for you and yours is simple enough hell i did it growing up just to see if i could and the hardest shit from a day to day aspect was just getting up early enough to get shit done.
>>
>>46053139
Get a grip, kid, none of the things he said are real. You're hyper-ventilating.
>>
File: cyberpunk154.jpg (242 KB, 700x1068) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk154.jpg
242 KB, 700x1068
>>46053443
How many cyberpunk worlds have constant flooding?
Only one I can think of is Hardwired, and that's almost post-apocalyptic in a lot of ways. Hell, a big firey shake-up is a feature in a fair number of cyberpunk works, and that's a possibility that's been greatly challenged by the fall of the Soviet Union, and then 9/11 after (honestly I'm kind of interested to look at what 9/11, and possibly the financial crash after, did to modern media and predictions of the future)

Got the original picture? I generally prefer the less hyper cyberpunk, but the occasional chrome is nice.

And yeah, a lot of cyberpunk has hyper-exaggeration of things, which works less these days - things don't have to be over the top to be an issue, but a lot of cyberpunk things embrace the 80's lack of subtlety with both cyberarms, which can seem really cheesy some times
>>
It sucks that only the super duper rich will get the decent stuff.

Then again, maybe it's better this way.
>>
>>46052945
>>46053560

Wouldn't Russia's alliance include India and Iran, and China's include Pakistan?

Maybe something like...
>Gold Team: Indian Alliance
India, Russian Federation, Iran (as well as Shiite and Baathist allies and non-state actors), North Korea, and parts of ASEAN (Indonesia)
vs.
>Red Team: Chinese Alliance
China, Pakistan (as well as Sunni allies and non-state actors), and parts of ASEAN (Burma, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos)
vs.
>Blue Team: UN Forces (Korean War style)
US, select European allies joining into aggressive intervention primarily in Pacific (given NATO pact not triggered), Japan, South Korea, Australia-New Zealand, and parts of ASEAN (Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines).
>>
>>46053722
Hardwired, GURPS cyberworld, When Gravity Fails, Cyberpunk 2020, nearly every cyberpunk setting?

To quote When Gravity Fails:
"The mean sea level has risen a full 2 meters since the year 2000. New marshes and coastlines have forced the relocation of huge populations. The big coastal cities have been fighting for survival for 200 years. Japan has made a national effort to stave off the drowning of Tokyo and Osaka. Dikes, landfills, and floating arcologies have all tried, and some have even worked. The US debated long and hard about what do to for New York, during which time much of it went under the waves. Los Angeles traded ghettos for swamps and have a tide of refugees to Fresno and Bakersfield. Now Orleans, Norfolk, San Fran all tried various techniques, all have had to change radically to survive."

As for my opinion on cyberpunk... I'd say keep it in the 80s. Modern takes on the genre just feel awkward and forced to me. It's a product of its times and I think should be kept as such. Make our own genre, one that actually fits with what the worldview is now, not bastardize another.
>>
>>46053841
>Make our own genre, one that actually fits with what the worldview is now, not bastardize another.
What would that be?

Not trying to antagonize you here, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>46053800
India has their own military and won't go against america, its bad for their health and they know it. chances are america won't take pakistans help for obvious reasons. China will be helping us we literally own them as much shit as they talk. I can however see blue team happening if shit gets bad. The main issue is not many countries will go against america we're just to heavily rooted as the worlds economic platform, america dies, the economy dies, the world dies.
>>
File: cyberpunk168.jpg (639 KB, 705x1000) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk168.jpg
639 KB, 705x1000
>>46053800
Doesn't China still back up Best Korea? Can't see why Russia would accept them on the team

At some point I could see them going "fuck this, we done" and trying to work something out with Worst Korea for a handover.
Though Best Korea's such a humanitarian nightmare, from a logistical point of view no-one wants to touch that mess.

>>46053841
Man, I've been wanting to read When Gravity Fails for a while now, just never got around to it
>>
>>46053873
Just call it "near-future dystopia". Cyberpunk has too much baggage, retro and noir influences, and too many interpretations.

>>46053800
Sorry, what are all these countries fighting for, exactly?
>>
>>46053841
Oh god I was copying that text from the sourcebook and I made so much spelling errors. Please, forgive my shitty-ness.

>>46053873
I don't know, really. It would be less "cyber", because we've sort of realized that the future isn't cyber. Genetic modifications and biological enhancements are far easier to both use and develop than cybernetic ones that require an interface system between machine and man. The ideas of tech being something humans abuse and use as a means to a horrible end will be gone, replaced with a more apathetic approach to it, with tech not being used for survival but rather for leisure.

I don't know, really. I'm not a futurologist, but I do feel that cyberpunk has been butchered in its modern interpretation, and we really need some originality in our blood to make a science fiction setting that fits our 'modern times.' Maybe transhumanist fiction is the new cyberpunk, since that seems fairly hot, and most modern cyberpunk involves a lot of transhumanist things anyways (Where as the older takes never really bothered to discuss transhumanism, not focusing on how we're becoming tech, but how invasive tech is becoming.)

>>46053937
When Gravity Fails is really, really good. It's an interesting take on the Cyberpunk genre, since it doesn't take place in glimmering Japan, or the ruins of Europe and North America.
>>
>>46053971
I know, lets say North Korea collapses and the fallout from that, along with border and resource tensions, is what causes Russia vs. China.

Then again, China and Russia fighting with power armor was a minor detail from a shitty story I wrote 5 years ago, so don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>46053974
>Maybe transhumanist fiction is the new cyberpunk, since that seems fairly hot, and most modern cyberpunk involves a lot of transhumanist things anyways (Where as the older takes never really bothered to discuss transhumanism, not focusing on how we're becoming tech, but how invasive tech is becoming.)
The cyberpunk genre included transhumanism right from the start, cf. Vacuum Flowers, Schismatrix, The Artificial Kid.
>>
>>46054246
None of those are exactly "Cyberpunk." Especially not Schismatrix.
>>
File: mfw.gif (212 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
212 KB, 360x360
>>46039377
FEMA sold off all their train stocks, because nowadays they can just make people's cars drive them to the detention centers.

In fact, they don't even have the detention centers any longer, because they just make people's cars drive into the next trash compactor.
>>
>>46040216
I can already hear head jar Farrage flipping his shit.
>>
>>46049570
>Sure, the stylistics aren't there, but we are basically living in cyberpunk reality, with all the fun things stripped out, and all the shitty things doubled and more to come.
No, cyberpunk grew up because it got utterly outdated when the half-century crime wave ended in the 90s and Japan didn't completely dominate the global economy, and that's just the tip of the iceberg that had to be completely rewritten to be relevant.

If you seriously believe the style has stayed the exact same, you really haven't seen the original materials. Cyberpunk grew up to scare you again.
>>
>>46053937
You just reminded me that North Korea has send actual military advisors to Syria.

Yeah I have no idea how they're supposed to help anything either.

Also nice Bladerunner gun.
>>
>>46053317
>and ISwhatever love to televise their executions.

That really is tenuous. If we work by that logic, Southeast Asian political parties 'fit' the cyberpunk dystopia model since 1900, therefore the world is Cyberpunk.
>>
>>46054246
The original stuff demonized people being turned into machines. Getting cybered up was an dehumanizing, invasive thing that was supposed to be a massive disadvantage. Either you were owned or you got pwned.
>>
>>46045599
Nothing he said was false, whether or not you don't like it.
>>
>>46053443
>ISIS are in kebab land where nothing matters
If it didn't matter, we wouldn't be bombing the shit out of them or talk about them all the time.
>>
>>46056355
But you can have that evidence and reach a different conclusion.
>>
>>46054246

Transhumanism seems to be Cyberpunk from the PoV of the people that would actually benefit from that type of scenario, along with Vaporwave (if you subscribe to the concept of Vaporwave representing the kitschy-friendly side of the megacorps that's presented to the upper/middle class).
>>
>>46056040
>You just reminded me that North Korea has send actual military advisors to Syria.

There´ll be needs for their knowledge on how to build and run concentration camps at some point in the near future, I would assume?
>>
>>46052944
is that Lech Walesa
>>
>>46039377
No, OP. This IS the cyberpunk future; you're just one of the wage slaves.
>>
>>46056149
Are parties organized along racial lines a normal feature in cyberpunk?
>>
File: s-l1600 (4).jpg (101 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (4).jpg
101 KB, 1024x1024
>>46045541
>Remember, we don't ACTUALLY want to live in a dystopia. It's just a fun setting and a cautionary tale.
Well, too bad. We're headed for a dystopia where technology will either be suppressed or the population will be beaten into silence and compliance. There's no hope of a post-scarcity quasi-utopian setup without at least one or two global holocausts in our future.
>>
>>46056385
We're talking about them all the time because there's a shitload of bullshit being passed by congress that we can't talk about at the same time.
>>
>>46061171
...And once we get to that post-scarcity quasi-utopian future. It will just be one where people don't have any fundamental rights or freedoms, where nothing is private, and where every mistake we make will stigmatize us for the rest of our elongated natural lives.
>>
File: 3f735bf0ba6abd188a5c947c531ab673.jpg (451 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
3f735bf0ba6abd188a5c947c531ab673.jpg
451 KB, 1600x1200
>>46061280
>It will just be one where people don't have any fundamental rights or freedoms, where nothing is private, and where every mistake we make will stigmatize us for the rest of our elongated natural lives.

Yes, I've heard that line a thousand times. I'm about to the point where every night I cross my fingers and hope that when I wake up pretty much everyone associated with modern politics will have died of a remote-activated nanotechnological disease. I hate politics. I hate how politics brainwashes people into falling for absolutes like that. Because then they play to a line and fall for the trap we're currently in. We are fucked. We are headed towards peace by the baton and the all-seeing eye of government. And it isn't a right or left thing. Both sides want it. Everyone currently in power wants that. Power has long since corrupted absolutely.
>>
>>46048215
>The cyberpunk is real, though, anon.

not really. there are dystopian places and there are technologically advanced places, but they don't tend to intersect. if and when they do, you'll have cyberpunk, but not yet.

and yeah, yeah, i know you're all worried about privacy and shit. we're not a utopia either. but that kind of stuff is small peanuts compared to what people were worrying about even 50 years ago. statistically we have it very good right now. even the shit parts of the world are improving.
>>
>>46061604
>there are dystopian places and there are technologically advanced places, but they don't tend to intersect
We have the NSA giving all their juicy info to all the other letter agencies and the cops are flying drones over people. FBI just admitted they've been using advanced surveillance drones over the civilian population for a while.

The biggest danger right now is that the people in power aren't the people in power. The people who are democratically elected can't figure out how to program a VCR, and likely still use a VCR. The actual power is accumulating in the powerful agencies, because they have enough dirt and tech to bury anyone. You know how Putin was director of the KGB? That's where we're likely going.

It's a dystopia, baby. Ain't no denyin'. Up in the sky, there be scanner drones flyin'.
>>
>>46061724
The big difference is that the objectivist cyberpunk fantasy is an objectivist fantasy. Those good enough will make waves and get ahead. But most of you aren't good enough.
>>
>>46061724
>We have the NSA giving all their juicy info to all the other letter agencies and the cops are flying drones over people. FBI just admitted they've been using advanced surveillance drones over the civilian population for a while.

so you can have the highest standard of living in human history but because the government is watching people using relatively unobtrusive methods, that qualifies as a dystopia?

you have to realise that EVERY generation has problems like this. historically the problems were much worse. if the only society that doesn't qualify as a "dystopia" in your book is a perfect one, then the word doesn't have any meaning.
>>
>>46061872
>so you can have the highest standard of living in human history but because the government is watching people using relatively unobtrusive methods, that qualifies as a dystopia?
90% of America's wealth is consolidated in the hands of 10% of Americans, we're going to be entering a period of joblessness where there will be no solution beyond government-enforced Luddism, and the end game is a Capitalist version of the apocalypse where we'll probably end up in a global war because someone decides to run full auto everything else be damned and our increasingly structured economy to prevent a total collapse by capitalism out of control can't compete at all.

Within the next 50 years, we face absolute doom.
>>
>>46045541
The only truly serious predicament there is the environmental issues. The rest is capitalism, politics and crime as usual.

But yeah climate change alone is enough to kill us all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50p-XScreM
>>
>>46039377
>What's happening in our cyberpunk future?
THIS

Lack of space in jails, will make government use hospitals to put prisioners there. You will need documents when going to hospitals because of that.

The housing burble will only increase and increase, at some point most of the population will need help from government to have a house.

Diseases spread by the not being really careful when farming will cause new diseases, instead of punising the ones that cause harm, something will be done similar to what is curently proposed (or done in some countries), farming will be banned and only companies will be allowed to use that.

Documents will be needed to travel, even when not leaving the city. At the start it will be something like a credit card.

Credit cars will be used more often.
After some amount of time, credit cards will be mixed with the documents as in one thing.
More time later an chip will be implanted on the hand (or teeth), the reason said is that this way you cant say "sorry I forgot my document", "my document was stolen", "yes my name is Homer Griffin Farnsworth".

Tv will have equipment that can spy you, it after it is discovered this by some whistle-blower, no one will care, like with internet where people still use internet despise NSA.

New discoveries would be made, that support the theory that all the famous religions exist because people saw something and behaved about it in a different way. This new (supposedly right) religion will be more open ended, with more open ended dogmas.

Two child policy will exist not only on china, on some cases some will be allowed to have 3 childrens.

Government would give for free something called the demise pill, when you think your life is a burden to others, you can use this pill and die. Some old people will want to use this, and they will give some "I am going to die" party with their parents.
>>
>>46061400
>Both sides want it.
This guy gets it.

Hell, I live in a country where the voting system isn't First Past the Post, so there aren't as much two sides as there are 6 or 7 large parties that create alliance "blocks"
but it doesn't matter, because the only party that isn't pushing for this hellish dystopian shit, is not pushing it because their schtick is being contrarians who are pushing for other hellish dystopian shit.
>>
>>46062007
Government will control how you spend your money when you own a government funded house to make sure you are able to pay back your part of the house you own.

A one world government will be proposed, the powerful countries will make death threats to the ones that dont make ask their citizens to see if they want to join or not. Some amount of atomic bombs will be used on the ones that say no.
After voting, the ones that said no will have their money wiped.

The government can know what you spend your money into, and if you help someone that said no, your money is wiped.
>>
>>46048803
>everything's fantasy with future aesthetics

What the fuck is even scifi anymore and who the fuck let the fedora tipping autism brigade decide it?
>>
>>46061872
>you have to realise that EVERY generation has problems like this.
On top of all the shit we've mentioned in this thread, we've gone through, and are going through, economic upheavals that dwarf the wall street crash of 1929 and its aftermath.
That's on top of everything else.
There are just arguably fewer people throwing themselves off of rooftops over it.

Every generation has had one or perhaps two problems similar to what we're dealing with today, but never before have so many problems of such a huge scale been stacked together at the same time.
>>
>>46062036
We need some brave bioterrorists to spread a pandemic-level virus that removes all of humanity's ambition. That's the only way we can be stopped.
>>
>>46062216
Either that or the crash to end all crashes. No capitalism, no pollution baby. Plus billions of people die of starvation and stuff.

Or a natural disaster. Or a sudden revolution that spans the globe.
>>
>>46062136
Alternatively: Never before have all those myriad problems been communicated so quickly and so comprehensively to so large a population.

It's always been this bad. You're just hearing about it.
>>
File: Act on instinct.png (3 MB, 1260x960) Image search: [Google]
Act on instinct.png
3 MB, 1260x960
>>46062325
We are going to have to act if we want to live in a different world
>>
>>46062443
The destruction of ecosystems has always been this bad? Nope, never. Unless you're talking about the Easter Island circa 1000 CE. And then it was only a local problem. Now we're all on the Easter Island. And McDonald's are our fucking Moais. Yeah I'm edgy like that.
>>
File: Neon-Photography-5_2868723k.jpg (109 KB, 804x536) Image search: [Google]
Neon-Photography-5_2868723k.jpg
109 KB, 804x536
>>46062133
Are you a member of that brigade, or why do you bring it up? (Nevertheless, please buy a dictionary.)
>>
We're all fuuucked. But the Africans are the fuckediest of all.
>>
>>46062527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsZcLwjqmc
>>
File: shipbreakers-opener-990.jpg (242 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
shipbreakers-opener-990.jpg
242 KB, 990x660
>>46063265
Third-worlders have it the best. Even if everything collapses tomorrow, they won't notice a thing!
>>
>>46063402
Nah Africa will be uninhabitable over 4C degrees increase in mean temperatures. It'll just be too hot. The Near East too.
>>
File: Utopia-1.jpg (97 KB, 550x231) Image search: [Google]
Utopia-1.jpg
97 KB, 550x231
>>46062216
>>46062325
>>46062136
>>46061965

Mr Rabbit, what are you doing on 4chan?
>>
File: nanochips.png (77 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
nanochips.png
77 KB, 350x350
>>46039654
>>
>>46053706
I take it you've never been to India.
>>
>>46053672
it wasn't until the advent of modern industrial farming that the earth could actually support the population is has, even with food being as unequally distributed as it is

and arguably, the earth cannot support modern industrial farming forever either
>>
There is a lot of fear of government in this thread, but the only governments I fear are dictatorships and corporate puppet governments.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (126 KB, 1200x775) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
126 KB, 1200x775
>>46067475
>dictatorships and corporate puppet governments
Are there any other kind...? Semiseriously.
>>
>>46067549
>I for one, welcome our robot overlords
>>
Netrunner happens.

Apart from the incredibly advanced cloning and people being coordinated enough to build a space elevator, they pretty much got it. Megacorps and their overall popularity with normal people who aren't obsessive recluses, jacking into the internet completely but still getting ads imposed on your vision, lunatics willing to risk brain damage to stick it to the man, cybernetic enhancements as body mods, etc.
>>
>>46062818
>why do you bring it up

Why was anon declaring cyberpunk fantasy?

>please buy a dictionary

Which one do you recommend for the definitive, universal definition on the subject?
>>
>>46067440
Never said it was sustainable but it is a peasant tier job in that its not terribly complex to pull off even back before modern shit it just requires hard serious labor for the outcome you desire.
Nowadays you can absolutely head down and buy, or in this case due to dystopian anarchy, loot the local hardware store or flowershop and get genetically bred to survive crops like modern pumpkins, squashes, potatoes, corn, soybeans, and lettuce. Hell the first 5 i have just shoved into the ground and had them grown no maintenance needed from seed packets at home depot or in this case grampa's potatoes and soybean crop. Hell corn can survive minnesota level winters and when spring comes around it takes root in the first melt which can be a bastard if that field is getting something low down and vine related as that tends to starve that area of the patch. Not an expert on wheat so i haven't brought it up but i know for a fact theirs wheat that can handle frosts and light snow and is a hardy bastard as well.
It wouldn't be fun but you and your family could drop your shit and become self sustainable profit turning farmers right now. Especially since its just gotten warm enough to till the land for the first time.
>>
>>46069429
You have trouble differentiating reality from fantasy...? But any dictionary will do. You can also look up schizophrenia while you are at it.
>>
>>46063402
Of course they will notice it. People in the 3rd world don't live from love and pure air. They grow, collect and make stuff we use. As soon as we start to stop buying it, or we produce it ourself, factories in 3rd world countries will close, and farmers will go bankrupt not being able to pay back their credits. As development aid stops, famine and epidemics will start spreading, sending those countries into anarchy. The result will be an unprecedented exodus. Look at the trouble we have in Europe now dealing with refugees from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. Now imagine half of South America, Africa, and Central Asia emigrating.
>>
People also forget to talk about the tyranny of the majority. If you can convice 51% of the population, you can basically do whatever you want. Now, also take into account that only about 50% of the voters bother voting. This means that in the end, by convincing 26% of the voters, you're good to go.

Now, you can see the immense power of media corporations and religion. While cyberpunk literature often speaks about the first group (media), the second group (religion) gets often ignored. Religion is still very important and will remain very an important factor in influencing the masses, being it in a good or bad way.
>>
>>46069834
You have trouble differentiating science fiction from fantasy...?
>>
>>46069777
Will that stuff grow in the meagre common land (recall that a lot of homes don't have big gardens. Or any gardens) you can find in the city? (assuming no-one fucks with it)

I guess irrigation isn't too much of an issue, as long as you live somewhere with a decent amount of rain - and you can rely on cyberpunk's inclination towards rain for that.

Profit-turning I'd almost certainly say would be impossible though, unless you have a house that you already fully own.
>>
>>46040877
If that thing attacked the old russian space station, it would get blown out of the sky by the anti aircraft gun.

That was a real thing.
>>
>>46070666
>People also forget to talk about the tyranny of the majority.

More like 5% and you can attack Iraq and Afghanistan anytime.
>>
ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE NEW HUMANITY IS HEADED FOR AN APOCOLYPTIC HELLSCAPE AHHHHHHH

Yeah nah

Rome, fuckers. We are reliving the decline of Rome. Take comfort in two facts - One, if the analogues are any indication, we haven't yet reached the IMPERIAL period yet, so the death of the Republic is still a century or two off. Two, Rome eventually collapsed, humanity moved on. It's not the end of the world, just the end of the world as you know it.
>>
File: cyberpunk194 smoker.jpg (238 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk194 smoker.jpg
238 KB, 1131x1600
>>46070971
>the end of the world as you know it.
eh, I feel fine
>>
>>46070971
As long as I can die with my family and my guilty pleasure at my side, I'll adapt to whatever the world throws at me.
>>
>>46045541
>religious fundamentalists or powermad narcissists
As opposed to someone who wants to literally have the government's share over your earnings be larger than yours, or the generic "corporatist shill that should actually be in jail" candidates?
>>
>>46071104
Back to /pol/, he wasn't referring to any specific candidates
>>
File: khat 1448911249106.jpg (134 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
khat 1448911249106.jpg
134 KB, 500x372
>>46070666
>Religion is still very important
The only important one is ALLAH AKBAR even that one is important for all the wrong reasons.

>>46070971
>the death of the Republic is still a century or two off.
I think your timescale is off. If we are talking about centuries, by that time things have either already gone way bad - or we have developed a solution. The next DECADES are the critical ones.
>>
>>46071125
>m-muh /pol/
Stop gettibg triggered
He was specifically refering to the current world situation. Which election is in the spotlight?
Das rite mane, the US election are two generic latin religifags, a narcisist, a cryptocommie and a corporatist sockpuppet.

Now fuck off
>>
>>46071195
You know what America needs?
It needs what Ireland had a century ago.
It needs a Rising.
>>
>>46071132
I don't know man, the US is very deeply religious, even if it is fairly irreverent at times - look at how often their politicians mention god, just in general.
Then you have all the tax-free megachurches, mormons and scientologists

Then consider how strongly Catholic countries like Brazil, Mexico and Italy are - it's very deeply rooted.

In the far east spiritualism is respected, to the point of certain numbers being avoided in buildings and offices being arranged for harmony

And then, as you say, you've got guys from the arab states who all believe, be they shoeless rebels or saudi princes
>>
File: Star Trek Merkel 1428453664109.jpg (264 KB, 697x919) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Merkel 1428453664109.jpg
264 KB, 697x919
>>46071260
Yes, I've studied religions in uni, so I know a thing or two. But I still think their influence isn't very important on a global scale. Or in this context. For example, even if the Pope technically has millions of followers, you can't stop climate-change with that power. Politicians, on the other hand, might be able to do something. And corporations certainly could, if they wanted.
>>
>>46071350
I think he means religion is an important factor in shaping viewpoints and other such things.
It doesn't have any hard power, but it has soft power due to people still believing in it.
>>
>>46071350
>you can't stop climate-change with that power. Politicians, on the other hand, might be able to do something.

Make billions taxing industry while the people they've held up as the credible sources are beginning to turn?
>>
>>46071350
>you can't stop climate-change with that power.

i dunno, religion is pretty good at getting people scared of imaginary things
>>
Y'all fools are ignoring CLIMATE CHANGE. The silent killer. You focus on your petty politics and your gadgets while the real threat builds up, unchecked. Now that I think about it ASOIAF's ice zombies are a pretty good metaphor for that.
>>
File: cyberpunk103.jpg (226 KB, 683x1160) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk103.jpg
226 KB, 683x1160
>>46071350
Yeah, direct leadership is certainly less, though I'd bet that most of Utah voted for Romney, for example.

Also I swear the pope recently spoke about climate change, made a thing about working against it.

>>46071381 is correct.

Actually reminds me, you know how in a lot of cyberpunk settings there's chips/programs you can get that let you experience new memories, skills or personalities - Shadowrun's Simsense is a good example - I figured faith would probably be a fairly valuable experience to buy and sell.
You can have absolute confidence in god and your place in the world, no need to doubt yourself if you can just jack in the belief of another, even if you only go to church on christmas.
>>
>>46071411
>The silent killer of women.

FTFY
>>
Am I the only person that thinks we should just build a machine god to sort out our problems?
>>
>>46071510
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singularitarianism
>>
>>46071411
>while the real threat builds up, unchecked. Now that I think about it ASOIAF's ice zombies are a pretty good metaphor for that.

MANBEARPIG!
>>
Genetically engineered animalgirls start appearing on the slave market.
>>
>>46071381
It's exactly what I mean. Politicians, and industrials, are often influenced by their religious background.

But not only that. Religion has a power and is far from being a marginal phenomenon. I noticed that in different South-East Asian countries, religion is very important. The church or the temple is often the meeting place for kids. Adults participate in religious rituals and meet there. The temple is a place of exchange. People ask monks for advices.

In the USA people still go to church, and pray regularly. Not only in the Bible Belt, but also in California. In smaller cities and villages, the church is, again, a center of exchange. Many militias/survivalist groups are also members of some radical christian sects. The whole neoconservative movement is deeply religious. France despite being a laic country, is still very influenced by Catholicism (see protests against gay marriage), same goes for Italy and Spain. In Switzerland over 10% of the population belongs to some radical protestant church, and they are very well represented in jobs related to social stuff (foster parents/homes, childcare, child and adult protection services, education, etc.) - some even say they are overrepresented in those areas. The situation is probably similar in Germany and Holland.

Religion is not only spiritual. In Myanmar, Buddhist monks started the pogroms against the Rohinga, and before that they helped the resistance against the military junta. Monks are still doing passive resistance in Tibet against the Chinese invaders. Karen rebels are devout Christians. Christians have built underground resistance networks in North Korea and China. The Catholic church supported the Solidarnosz uprising in Poland. Muslim freedom fighters/terrorists are waging their wars throughout the world, recruiting people all over the globe.
>>
>>46045408
but they don't do groping anymore now they just put you in a radiation pod
>>
>>46040216
First Cyborg Euro-Ayatollah
>>
>>46045541
>don't ACTUALLY want to live in a dystopia
>implying dystopias were meant to warn of the future
>implying the dystopian novel wasn't originally a look into the endgame of any human governing body
>>
>>46053672
>farming is fairly easy
>requires a little knowledge and diligence
We're looking at you, Zimbabwe
>>
>>46072278
It's usually an extension of specific government author disliked.
>>
>>46070666
>This means that in the end, by convincing 26% of the voters, you're good to go.

What, the majority takes into account only the people that vote on usa?

LOL
>>
File: murrican apparel 1441975117381.jpg (85 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
murrican apparel 1441975117381.jpg
85 KB, 720x537
>>46072451
The american system is mind baffling. Registering to vote, only two major parties, rigged election states, celebrities as candidates... The whole thing is a complete farce from start to finish.
>>
>>46072451
I'm speaking of Europe.

100 persons can vote
50 people show up at the ballots
Have 26 persons on your side and you're sure to win
>>
File: 4315419935_bc6b11e7c0.jpg (43 KB, 299x344) Image search: [Google]
4315419935_bc6b11e7c0.jpg
43 KB, 299x344
>>46072547
As everyone knows, the majority is always composed of plebs, cucks and idiots.
Create a political system where you give the power to the majority.
Call this the best political system ever.
>>
>>46072547
Celebrity candidates aren't just a US thing (a porn star got elected in Italy iirc), but you're right about their system being weird - the popular vote decides which parties' electors represent that state.

Each state gets a number of electors equal to the amount of Senators and Representatives they have, minimum of 3.
These aren't (and can't be) the Senators/Representatives, just other party members and people the parties trust.
These guys then pledge to vote for someone, and then vote once the popular election is over. They do not have to vote for who they pledged for, but I guess it's courteous, and most do.

So the pleb vote has literally no bearing, except which party gets to appoint its electors
>>
>>46070537
>Now imagine half of South America, Africa, and Central Asia emigrating.
again.
>>
>>46072547
Heh my friends gave me one of those burger shirts to help me blend in when I went to study in the US.
>>
>>46075500
Did it work?
>>
>>46070537
>or we produce it ourself
Pfahahahaha.
>>
>>46075673
It's not that absurd. As oil becomes too costly the international exchange of goods decreases, and we might see a relocalisation of production.
>>
>>46053139
Acid rain is a mostly solved problem, with effective sulfur emission controls not only required, but deployed and working across the industrialized world. In fact, the emissions control is SO good, sulfur is no longer mined, and instead waste sulfur form electrical generation and oil refining supplies all demand, and has driven the cost down to only slightly more than the cost of hauling it away from the nearest facility.
>>
>>46072691
>100 persons can vote
>50 people show up at the ballots
>Have 26 persons on your side and you're sure to win

Lol, not even brazil has this
>>
>>46054086
If Russian and China go at it, the war will go nuclear unless the diplomats can put the brakes on quite quickly.
>>
>>46042744
>reminding me of Death Panda
fuck you anon
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46076552
It's like this everywhere where people vote. Presidents and parliaments get elected like that. Half of the people don't go voting because they are lazy, and then they complain about election and votation results.
>>
So what's a GOOD thing about the future?
>>
>>46080898
>>46071583
>>
>>46082044
Thanks! You've made me hope again.
>>
>>46082099
>implying you wont be kidnapped and turned into a sex slave animalgirl
>>
>>46082151
Be still my heart!
>>
>>46082165
You'll probably be bullied and forced to sexually satisfy all the animalgirl muscular tomboy futas, theyll leave your dick on probably so they can mock your sissy ass while penetrating deep into your mouth and asshole
>>
>>46082219
So, do you think that'll hit market by 2020?
>>
>>46082294
Probably very late, theyll have to renew your cells for a fresher prime body for being a sextoy for all the muscular tomboy animal girl futas
>>
>>46082294
The monstergirls would probably consider you part of their territory and begin fighting over personally fucking your girly ass, isnt that sweet, having hot toned animalgirl futas fighting over just for you, hothead. The victor probably keeps you and the loser as her cumdump sluts.
>>
>>46082294
What is your favorite monstergirl?
>>
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more shit.
>>
>>46076572

Oof, that's scary. Anyone that thinks that a nuclear exchange of any sort can stay regional is buttfucking insane. I can still see scenarios for either one popping off, and how "limited" all teh lulz it remains will dictate the shade of bad, but down that road every end is bad end.
>>
>>46082613
Never underestimate us again. Bitch.
>>
>>46082783
Whoever gets nuked is fucking everyone over. Launch at russia and watch 80 heading for various other countries who will do the same.
>>
>>46083074
is that actual policy or are you just guessing? I'm curious what would really happen in case of a regular war type situation when a nuke is launched
>>
>>46083216
Its unworded policy. Take the cold war for example. Both sides had subs with nukes and in those subs were safes and in those safes were envelopes and in those envelopes were letters and on those letters were orders, orders for mutual annihilation. If russia fired on us the sub captains were to open the safe then the envelope and follow the orders on the papers as if from the president himself, if attacked we'd not only fire on russia but everyone else who had nukes cause we assume they'd do the same to us. Russian subs had similar setups with the same orders and theres been technically illegal hints dropped britain has the same deal. All nations with nukes seem to have orders that as soon as the flood gates open they're soldiers are to piss into the waters because at that point it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>46083216

That's hellishly hard to predict. It's very scenario driven. Does Russia deploy one or more stand-off nuclear mines against a Chinese invasion that pushes into their territory? Does China use nukes to spearhead aggressive war? Invert either of those and re-run. Does Russia restrain itself, or utilize its larger arsenal? To what extent? How much external collateral, if any? Does India-Pakistan pop off just for funsies? Does the inevitable radioactive plume cause Japan to throw in? In what scenarios would the US back Russia? In what scenarios does a US-Russia exchange occur? Etc etc etc.

This is why use of nuclear weapons is almost completely off the table -- because conventional weapons are much easier to compartmentalize without wildly unpredictable spillover.
>>
>>46083216
The policy for NATO is shot for shot. It is deep engraved within their strategic nuclear exchange doctrine that they only use one nuclear weapon per nuclear weapon used against them.
>>
>>46083390
>russia containing itself
>the country thats okay with 100 dead hostages just to take out 16 heavily armed terrorist and called it acceptable losses
>they even patted themselves on the back
>>
>>46083216
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_utilization_target_selection

Is what would happen. And no, there is zero reason for anyone to launch nukes at other nuclear powers except for potential enemies. A nuclear war between Russia and the USA could possibly see nukes launched at China, by the USA, along with the UK and France, by Russia, depending on the geopolitics but no one is going to be launching nukes at India or Pakistan except for India and Pakistan.
>>
>>46083696

Yes, but.

There are plenty of occasions upon which we would say to Russia via backchannel, "OK, you nuked China, but we're not going to get into a hot war. Just STOP USING THEM." Realpolitik has never stopped being a thing.
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.