[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: P23D4Jh.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
P23D4Jh.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1200
"And all will burn beneath the shadow of my wings!" Edition

Discuss the viability of Warcraft as a tabletop RPG setting.

Last thread: >>46026798
>>
>>46039229
>Not worst babby sitter thread
>>
>>46039266
That would be Loken actually, dude was a total ass.
>>
>>46039229
1st for Deathwing: Aspect of babysitting
>>
File: 1430156209873.png (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1430156209873.png
1 MB, 1280x1280
First for cute goblin waifu
>>
>>46039229
Killing off Tirion fucking Fordring in the artifact quest for ONE spec of ONE class by having him tortured by a no-name assclown is still the worst thing I have encountered in the entire bloody Legion alpha.
Mind you, there are other retarded thing by the truckload, but none are quite *that* bad.
>>
>>46039383
Nobody in this universe can die of old age, ever.
>>
>>46039241
>Do we perhaps know where Y'shaarj was? Or how they pulled it off, but left its heart in Pandaria?

Y'shaarj was where the Well of Eternity was, at the heart of ancient Kalimdor.

>As the Forge of Wills churned out these new titan-forged, Highkeeper Ra led an expedition to install the Forge of Origination in the south. He was accompanied by a number of stone-skinned creatures recently wrought from the Forge of Wills: the anubisath giants, the leonine tol’vir, and the indomitable mogu.
>En route, Ra discovered that remnants of Y’Shaarj’s corporeal form lay strewn across the southern reaches of the world. When Aman’Thul had ripped the Old God from Azeroth, pieces of the entity had fallen back to the surface, infusing the land with evil. The largest intact piece ofY’Shaarj was the Old God’s icy heart, a mass of diseased flesh seething with Void energies.
>Rather than destroy the heart, Ra built a subterranean vault to contain it and neutralize its evil. He, along with the other keepers, knew that studying the heart could help them understand the nature of the Old Gods and other Void creatures. Ra charged his mogu followers with watching over the Vault of Y’Shaarj. They would guard and care for the surrounding land as well.
>>
>>46039383
Do what now?
>>
>>46039383
I think it was mostly done to establish "it's a big deal this time, u guise" rather than it being a case of the Twilight cult.

>"Yeah yeah, world-ending, some cultists, whatever, who cares."

The Broken Front is called that for a reason- we get our shit pushed in by the Legion when we try to assault them there. Meanwhile, Legion forces spawn all over Azeroth (and I do mean all over), killing everything in sight.

Questgivers and smaller hubs get wiped out. Not sure which deaths will remain canon, but in the alpha, there's demons setting up shop everywhere.
>>
>>46039459
Neat. That's really cool, I intend to pick up the book when payday rolls about. Wonder what happened to make the Mogu the slavers that we met in MoP, they seemed to be of noble intent originally.
>>
>>46039382
Not cute enough.
>>
Does anyone actually discuss warcraft viability as an RPG in these threads?
>>
File: 1352822706309.jpg (231 KB, 828x747) Image search: [Google]
1352822706309.jpg
231 KB, 828x747
>>46039534
> you will never have a nice goblin gf
kill me
>>
>>46039568
There's several posts regarding how to implement certain plotlines as campaigns and what systems can be sufficiently converted for such a campaign.

There ARE crunch posts, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>46039511
It's a remnant of their time as flesh where they deemed themselves more powerful than any other race, i think somewhere along the lines of "Chosen of the Titans" or somesuch and when they did return to stone it stuck with them. They still are technically doing the work Ra-Den intended, that is to guard Y'Shraaj's remnants, which they do by conquering though it included slavery and other nasty stuff.

That's at least how i remember it being explained.
>>
File: RaDenCaptured.jpg (775 KB, 1908x2160) Image search: [Google]
RaDenCaptured.jpg
775 KB, 1908x2160
>>46039511
They think that it is their sacred charge to continue the work of the Titans. Or Lei-Shen believed that, at least. In that regard, we are all lesser races, or mutated by the Old Gods (in the case of humans).

Ol' fashioned supremacy. It got worse when Ra stopped talking to them and hit in the Thundering Mountain because he found out that <big spoiler> the Pantheon is dead <big spoiler>. I mean, maybe it's a spoiler for you, maybe not, but still.

Lei-Shen then took up the charge and said "If you won't do anything, I will" and bound Ra-den, stole his power, and used his blood to make all sorts of nastiness. We end up beating some sense into Ra-den in his prison, who still remains hopeless, but reluctantly agrees that we have at least earned the right to try and stave off oblivion. Still nihilistic, but not going to try and stop us.
>>
>>46039474
Oh yeah. Tirion dies face-first in the dirt, too. No epic last stand, no grand defiant gesture, just "Blargh, I'm dead!"
And just before that you chase down the thief of the Ashbringer into a cave literally five feet over to the right, where you find Balnazzar, who just sorta gives you the Ashbringer before you fight him, because he likes to fight fair. Yes, really. And then he's surprised that you kick his teeth in, at which point he runs away yelling that he'll get you next time, Gadget!
That entire quest is such horseshit. I was so pumped for this because, hey, fucking ASHBRINGER, man, but the way there drains all enjoyment. It doesn't really help that ret now plays awfull, but I could deal with that, I've survived Classic and BC as ret, I could take this...
>>
>>46039646
When you say "we" end up beating some sense into Ra-Den, is that a Legion thing? A raid or something?
>>
>>46039682
Secret boss in HC Throne of Thunder
>>
>>46039690
Oh right, never ran it in Heroic.
>>
>playing in a warcraft game
>my character dies
>GM allows me to play as a vrykul death knight
>No stats for such a race.

Can someone help me? Or should I just see if I can use the half-giant race from dnd 3.5?
>>
File: everything is fine.gif (972 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
everything is fine.gif
972 KB, 400x223
>>46039708
>vrykul DK
>as if a regular DK wasn't terrifying enough

I assume you're using the World of Warcraft RPG rules, yeah?
>>
>>46039708
Weird, i thought the RPG delved in times around/before vanilla. How would a vrykul even fit into that?

Also yes, half-giant would fit, though you might want to tone down some characteristics Or not, can't remember shit from 3.5
>>
>>46039741
yep or rather a mix of the released warcraft books.
Although we are a bit more relaxed with race restrictions. I just want to play as a cool northeren viking death knight

>>46039743
We sorta mix it up. Currently we are at Northeren somwhat during the WOTLK era.
But I would be okay with using the half-giant since apparently they have an ability that allows them to use twohanded weapons in a single hand. That pleases my inner fanboy of titangrip
>>
So, what's the verdict on Chronicle? Do you think Volume 2 will be better?
>>
>>46039646
>>46039690
>>46039707

Introduction:
>For millenia I have waited in darkness... In silence, pierced only by the shrieks of the tormented- My dreams a waking nightmare.
>I see the naive hope in your eyes. Hahaha! You think you are my saviors? Wring that mocking pity from your hearts and focus it inwards, for you shall soon know my agony.
>This twisted world is beyond redemption; beyond the reach of deluded heroes. The only answer to corruption is destruction. And that... begins... NOW.

On defeat:
>Wait! I am... I am not your enemy.
>You are powerful... More powerful than he was, even. Perhaps you.. are right. Perhaps there is still hope. But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you, mortals- vast, endless, and all-consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course, but you have earned the right... to try.
>Farewell.
>>
So who's gonna be the obligatory light weilding horseman? It would be cheap and terrible story-telling but I wouldn't mind seeing Maraad being brought back. Or maybe they'll just keep bullying Zeliek and rez him again for shits and giggles.
>>
>>46039845
What will each volume even cover? It seems that volume 1 is pre WoW stuff?
>>
>>46039743
if you use dnd as a base I guess you could build something around goliaths
>>
>>46039506
If it's meant as a big deal sort of moment, then kill one of *the* most important and beloved lore characters from the past in a questline where the entire playerbase can see the guy off. And give that moment some fucking dignity.
Have him actually die during the Broken Shore event, if you must, and make him fight some big named demon fucker that we later get to tackle during a raid or so, then it's nice and personal.

And really, we got our asses kicked practically every pre-expansion and right at the start of the expansion we're already pushing the enemy back, which, I guess is the curse of the MMO to a certain degree. Can't speak for Highmountain, but neiter Stormheim nor Val'sharah feel very much like "Oh God, shit's fucked!" but rather "Well, this sure is inconvenient. Time for HIGH ADVENTURE!"
>>
>>46039879
The warcraft roleplaying books is pretty much dnd reskinned. You don't have dexterity, you have agility etc.
>>
>>46039862
Volume 2 is gonna cover the 1st through 3rd war, I think. Volume 3 is gonna cover WoW until now.
>>
>>46039916
They have some interesting classes and characters, though. You can play an abomb or a goddamn ancient in it!
>>
>>46039918
Have they stated how far "now" is? Is it the end of Legion?
>>
File: Treasure Hoarding Dragon.jpg (98 KB, 800x615) Image search: [Google]
Treasure Hoarding Dragon.jpg
98 KB, 800x615
>>46039229
That dragon looks sexy.
>>
>>46039941
Most likely. It honestly depends on how fast they're gonna release the books. I'm hoping that Volume 2 will be here in 6 months.
>>
>>46039935
>abomb or a ancient
.. alright I will bite. Tell me more of this a bomb
Also: I can be a tree?
>>
>>46040001
Typo, meant to write abom as in abomination. And yes, the monster classes have almost all even partially sapient creatures like murlocs, centaurs and dragon whelps. However they have mandatory race classes as with 3.5 and ancient has it's race class go all the way to 20 so no ancient-barbarian multiclass for you.
>>
>>46039289
He fucked his brother's wife.
>>
>>46040062
You just got my hopes up for playing as a goddamn nuclear bomb in wow.. Congratulations sir, you have crushed my dreams.

Although it is pretty sad that I cannot be a ancient/barbarian. I would love to see a tree raging
>>
>>46039819
Since it's 3.X based just grab giant stats from that.
>>
File: afd.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
afd.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>The Pantheon is defeated
>Their spirits fled to Azeroth to possess the Keepers
>Only one was aware of it- Highkeeper Ra.
>No mention of the other Titanic spirits ceasing to be despite the other Keepers not being aware of what dwelt inside them

THERE'S STILL HOPE THEY COULD COME BACK
>we killed Archaedas and Loken

Er... except for Norgannon.
>>
I’m writing a setting which is basically a postWOW Azeroth. There are new factions. Each campaign I run, I’ll have my players all play races of the same faction and have them oppose the others. Each faction has its own exclusive class and races.

New Alliance: The remnants of Azeroth’s old Alliance.
Territory: Eastern Kingdoms
Class: Paladin
• Humans
• High Elves
• Dwarves
• Gnomes

Fel Horde: The old Horde fallen to the influence of the Burning Legion.
Territory: Draenor
Class: Warlock
• Orcs
• Felblood Elves
• Eredar
• Goblins

Cenarion Coalition: Originally the Cenarion Circle. The Coalition is a group of races opposed to the environmental damage caused by other factions.
Territory: Kalimdor
Class: Druid
• Worgen
• Night Elves
• Tauren
• Trolls

Forsaken Scourge: Sylvanas Windrunner claimed the Lich King’s helmet and combined the Scourge and Forsaken into one faction.
Territory: Northrend
Class: Deathknight
All races are available, though they are undead.

Ask questions or attack my work critically and I will attempt to answer or defend my reasoning as best I can.
>>
I'm sad with how WoW turned out, especially when Warcraft was setting up to be a post-apocalyptic setting, considering how devastating the Third War was meant to have been.
>>
>>46039985
He accidentally killed almost everyone he mated with
>>
>>46040704
Worgen currently live in Darnassus. They don't hate each other.
>>
>>46040704
Do they? I was under the impression that the Worgen were sort of the bastard off-spring of Druids?

>>46040599
What led to Sylvanas donning the mantle of the Lich King? Where are the Draenei? What happened to the Exodar? They seem a bit too close to Teldrassil to be consumed by the Fel Horde.
>>
File: 1439290180813.png (532 KB, 936x1136) Image search: [Google]
1439290180813.png
532 KB, 936x1136
>>46040704
they love each other you mean
>>
>Read Excerpt of Origins of Azeroth
>See element/magic/planar chart
>Mfw
Weren't Necromancy and Fel magic subsets of Arcane, or am I just confusing shit up?
>>
>>46040599
Dark portal active or no? How do the outland etc races fit in?
>>
>>46040704
What logic are you practicing? If you help somebody, let them live in your home and commend them on helping you across an entire continent do you call that hate
>>
>>46039660
Who kills Tirion?
>>
>>46040704
Since when do the Worgen and Night Elves hate each other? The Night Elves are the people who found the cure to the madness plaguing the Worgen. They're pretty buddy-buddy.
>>
>>46040850
edgelord demon with 0 backstory
>>
>>46040800
Fel and Arcane were jsut the Disciplined/Undisciplined methods of tapping into the same "Magic" energy, but that was back when the Legion's goal on Azeroth was to drain it dry of processed magic (Apparently despite magic being key to the Nether it couldn't be consumed without going to the

>>46040850
We don't know who DEFEATS him, but a random Torture-Demon is the one to bring him to the breaking point after he's captured.

>>46040878

That torture Demon was working for Balnazzar (The dreadlord responsible for killing his son) so I figure Balnazzar was the one who actually crippled him on the field of battle.
>>
Forsaken, Worgen, and Bloodelves should have their own faction called the Forsaken.
>>
>>46040800

Demonic magic has always been distinct and more chaotic than arcane magic but can be accessed through similar means- ritual and precision and what-have-you.

Arcane and Fel magics are the languages of the universe- order and chaos respectively. Both can call upon powers outside their specific realms. Arguably, you can tap into/alter/interact with any type of magic through fel or the arcane, but fel corrupts it with chaos in the process.

That said, one can draw from either of the pools to tap into void/necromantic magic, but demonic magic has always been the "fast route for bigger rewards" thing. As evidenced by Odyn turning Helya into the first Val'kyr, the Arcane can reach into shadow as well.
>>
>>46040794
When I played WoW, she'd been getting crazier and crazier with each expansion. She's even creating MORE undead so they can preserve the undead way of "life", I don't think her gunning for the helmet would be surprising. I think I'd want her to have wrested control from the Lich King though. Then she gives all her ghouls and monsters sentience and relocates her throne to Icecrown.

>>46040817
The Burning Legion wiped out/converted the Draenei and Orcs in Azeroth by promising them a return to Draenor in return for servitude. They took the deal. A bunch of goblins and blood elves went with them.
>>
>>46040964
`Why would the Forsaken work with Worgen, the only people who are beyond undeath. Besides the Forsaken can go fuck themselves, the goddamn bird flu spreading edgy-elf boot lickers
>>
>>46041008
Speaking of, if worgen are immune to undeath, which is Canon, how are worgen death knights a thing?
>>
>>46041329
Pre-curse death and then latent worgen curse kicking in? Fuck if i know
>>
>>46040599

Replace Worgen with Furbolgs, rename faction to"Kalimdor Natives", make Worgen a prestige class of druids which replaces all other animal shapes. You can still cast spells in worgenform, but your focus shifts towards melee dps with mediocre tanking abilities.

>Darkspear/jungle trolls aren't natives of Kalimdor
Add Sand- and Darktrolls to the faction, the former are more resilient to head/wind affiliated spells, the latter basically are all barbarian classes because apparently Darktrolls never build an empire like the other trollraces and basically are the degenerate savages that everybody else is afraid of.

>Forsaken Scourge
Sounds awesome without context. Actually it sounds like a really fucking awesome metal band.

But it's a bad name with the faction in mind. It should probably just be "the scourge", because it's not a political construct. It is an abstract to describe the collective of innumerable hordes of undead creatures that are held together by a hivemind.

How do you differentiate living player characters of a race from undead characters of the same race? What aspects get lost and which ones remain the same?

What are Goblins doing in the Fel Horde? There's no wealth to be gained by joining with a force willing to annihilate the whole world. There's only the Goblins' latent disregard for personal safety or the lives of others that would give them a common aspect with the rest, but that's still not their main interest.

Proposal: Replace with Satyrs for extra hooves in the faction or with Ogres for extra muscle.
>>
>>46041329
I am pretty sure the reason was that Arthas was more powerful and therefore could remake the worgen as DKs.
Nobody since then has had the power.. I guess
>>
>>46041329
The player death knights were personally raised into undeath by the either lich king or his most powerful minions, the forsakens current means or raising undead is just getting regular val'kyr to do it, so like >>46041362 said, nobody is as good at it as the LK was.
>>
>>46039891
The players are a legion of unstoppable, unkillable killings machines that will Slaughter anything for some purple loots.
They are even more scary than burning legion by every measure.
The so-called invading enemy are complete annihilated in the first week with everyone of them being jumped by like 10 adventures the moment they spawn.

With that in mind its impossible to have a in game- doom moment.
The players are just way too powerful.
>>
>>46041489

>game mechanics = hard canon lore

I want this meme to die
>>
File: 1458013017083.jpg (56 KB, 550x469) Image search: [Google]
1458013017083.jpg
56 KB, 550x469
Who is your favorite character (male)?

pic related
>>
>>46041684
>male
>>
>>46039383
Tirion was shit anyway.
>>
>>46041652
On a related note, the Azeroth Vanguard that invaded Draenor with Khadgar are supposed to be equivocal to the players (hence having names, guilds, and outfits like player characters), and they got overwhelmed and killed by the Iron Horde, except the player themselves who narrowly escaped with Khadgar and the rest of the expedition.

I'm also pondering if any of my in-game characters will get killed in the Legion invasion and how to play through it. I think my Death Knight might bite the dust on the Broken Front, impaled on a dozen demonic spears and surrounded by battered demon bodies.

Then again, would that keep a DK down if they were dragged back to Acherus or the Frozen Throne and raised again?
>>
>>46041652
I specifically said "In game"
People like you need to learn how to read.

No matter what you write in lore, it will not feel like that in game because players are unkillable and unstoppable.
The supposedly unstoppable army of the enemy will be curb-stomped to a man when players out number them 10 to 1.
>>
>>46041748

It doesn't matter what you do if they decide to alter a zone or the storyline the way they wanted to period it could be 50 million players taking on a legion Army of 3 imps and if they wanted to the imps would win.
>>
>>46041684
Chromie is a futa?
>>
>>46041329
>>46041349
>>46041362
>>46041429
The Val'kyr only know how to raise Vrykul and pure Humans. They also can't raise Dwarves or Gnomes even though those are also "Titanborn" species.
>>
>>46041876
Yes and the players will call bullshit because it didn't felt like it.
And BZ will cave because no company is idiotic enough to fight their player base (Except Konami, but that's another topic.)

So you will never have a "we are doomed moment" in WoW for this exact reason.
>>
>>46041739
Fun fact, but whenever the WoD intro experience is brought up, there's one fact that invariably gets pointed out: like FUCK we we're getting overrun! Khadgar basically sacrificed a whole lot of heroes because the plot demanded and not because of any actual danger. Yes, separation of story and gameplay, I get that. Can't have people stave in Grommash's genocidal mug right there. That said, maybe the danger should actually on display in such a case? You have phasing and scenarios and piles more tech than 11 years ago, it must be possible to do *something* there.
>>
>>46040978
>The Burning Legion wiped out/converted the Draenei and Orcs in Azeroth by promising them a return to Draenor in return for servitude.
Aren't the Draenei literally the biggest moral race in WoW?
>>
>>46042107
They cut Farahlon, half of Yrel's story that actually explained why she was actually a person of importance (and more importantly, why she went from a sullen nobody to a RIGHTEOUS ENGINE OF JUSTICE with one inspiration speech), almost ALL of Orgrim Doomhammer from WoD, and shifted the entire plot of the expansion to make up for cut content. What makes you think they were willing to put extra effort into anything?

Original plan:
>Tanaan jungle patch was Us vs. The Iron Horde, because its leaders didn't die like mooks in random raids with the exception of Blackhand- we crippled their infrastructure, it was the time to strike
>We start kicking ass, taking names... and then, oh shit. Demons and fel orcs. Turns out Gul'dan was hiding in Farahlon.
>Hellscream ends up finding out we're not buddies with the demon-worshipers (despite having freed them instead of killing them at the start), and as the last remaining leader of the Iron Horde, bands his ragged forces together to help us invade Farahlon and take down Gul'dan and his growing army before he can use the stolen Cipher of Damnation and ruin Draenor for good
>Another patch hits, and we are given a measure of actual justification for Grommash joining us with his "DRAENOR IS FREE" bullshit
>>
>>46042396
There was supposed to be more Orgrim Doomhammer in WoD? IF you tell me that the Saurfang brothers were cut content as well I'm going to blow a fucking gasket.
>>
>>46039383
>kill off Tirion
>leave Thrall alive

Gotta love fuckin' Blizzard
>>
So, who exactly thought making the fucking corpsebitch Warchief was a good idea? Because, really, next to that goddamn Garrosh is a sensible and well-reasoned choice.
Sylvanas. Fucking Sylvanas. Who is basically an amalgamation of the less savory aspects of the Dr Mengele and Hitler as portrayed by Victoria Beckham. Who literally no-one in their right mind trusts even an inch, not horde, not alliance, not anyone. What about Bain, he's respected and level-headed. Lorthemar, also a capable leader and a gifted politician. The relations with the alliance would certainly benefit there. Saurfang? Eitrigg? Basic campfire?
No, it had to be bloody Sylvanas, who can't so much pick her nose without using the plague to create an international atrocity with thousands dead. Brilliant fucking choice.
>>
>>46042508
Options
>the tauren with no backbone
>Literally who? Elf edition

Other than those two there's Saurfang or giving the job back to Green Jesus
>>
>>46042508
Dave Kosak

The sum of all evil in WoW.
>>
Anyone else think Legion might be the last expansion? We're going to fight the big bad hinted at and defeating them, who would we fight next? The Legion again? The Old Gods? Kil'jaeden ?Or are they gonna cancel the MMO for StarCraft Online ?
>>
File: 1438329215144.png (452 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1438329215144.png
452 KB, 800x640
>>46042446
>Saurfangs
Nah. No mention of Broxigar or Varok.

But as for Orgrim, we were meant to see more of him in Gorgrond (when it was just stone and giants and desert- the Botani and Genesaurs were supposed to be isolated to Farahlon with the Laughing Skull Clan). He had involvement with Durotan as they are old blood-brothers from separate clans, the two trying to reason with one another from each side of the fence.
>"Join the Iron Horde, repel the invaders!"
>"They're not invaders, you are!"
>"They freed the Shadow Council!"
>"They-- well, shit, that's actually true"
It culminates in Talador with the invasion of Shattrath, where Orgrim finds out the truth of the Iron Horde, that -we- aren't the BBEGs, and that Blackhand is actually a total cuntbag. He then sides with us, vowing to help turn the honorable parts of the Iron Horde towards fighting the Burning Legion and aiding Azeroth's Horde alongside Durotan, and then he gets his ass killed in the cinematic with Maraad, making it much more tragic and plot-relevant.

Additionally, Maraad would have had some connection to Yrel- I think she may have been his wife in the MU but she died to the orcs, hence his ever-burning hatred of them. They cut that too.
>>
>>46042508
>Lor'themar
STOP THROWING CROWNS AT MY HEAD, I SWEAR TO THE FUCKING SIN'DOREI THRALL
>>
>>46042573
Those are still more sensible picks than Sylvanas.
>>
File: Lorthemar.jpg (76 KB, 736x766) Image search: [Google]
Lorthemar.jpg
76 KB, 736x766
>>46042573
>Talking shit on Lor'themar

I hate the idea of a blood elf as warchief, but Lor'themar is probably the most competent and believable racial leader in all of Warcraft.
>>
>>46042603
>who would we fight next?
Yourself from a mirror universe.
>>
>>46042613
I was hyped for WoD because I thought that would mean seeing Orgrim and Durotan broing it out but after it released I heard it was next to nothing with them.

Why does Blizzard hate their best orc?
>>
>>46042669
I feel like we've done this before.
>>
>>46042719
>>>46042603
Yourself from a mirror universe.
>>
Whatever happened to Rhonin and the other Knaak characters?
>>
>>46040978
Why would they take that deal exactly?

Draenor is a shit hole
>>
File: 1396703720364.jpg (197 KB, 750x1066) Image search: [Google]
1396703720364.jpg
197 KB, 750x1066
>>46042508
Strictly speaking, of all the remaining Horde leaders, Sylvanas has seniority. All three original leaders of the new Horde are occupied.
>Thrall retired to become the World Shaman
>Cairne died to Garrosh
>Vol'jin is currently missing-in-action
Baine, Cairne's son, is too green. Him aside, Lor'thermar may be the most sane member of the remainder (between him, Sylvanas and Gallywix). None of that changes that of the remaining leaders, Sylvanas has been around the longest. It also helps that she's the de facto leader of the EK Horde and she's grown exponentially in power.
>>
>>46041722
>>46041880

Full name is Chronormu
>>
>>46042390
The draenei and tauren are the two "legitimately good" playable races in the game. When in doubt, look for hooves.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 864x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 864x633
>>46042603
We in uncharted waters now, so anything is possible. Given the WoD dimension fuckery, it might even be yourself from a mirror universe.

>>46042836
Rhonin is dead (he got nuked alongside Theramore), the rest are mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>46042836
>Rhonin

He died in the Fall of Theramore along with many others, including General Marcus Johnathan. The only survivors were Jaina and Kalecgos because Rhonin shoved them into a pocket dimension to escape the blast from the Mana Bomb.
>>
File: 1437951914303.png (571 KB, 639x918) Image search: [Google]
1437951914303.png
571 KB, 639x918
>>46042954
>Chromie is referred to as a she in-game
>Has a female dragon form
>Devs have acknowledged that Chromie is a female dragon but just has "ormu" instead of "ormi" on their name
>"CHROMIE IS A TRANNY DRAGON"

fuck off, m8.
>>
File: Skyrim Dragon.jpg (537 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim Dragon.jpg
537 KB, 1000x667
>>46040746
HAWT!
>>
>>46042943

y u no Zul'jin?
>>
>>46043057
It's literally been so long all I remembered was Chromie's full name was Chronormu.
>>
>>46043061
Zul'jin is Amani, and at last count, the Amani hate everyone.
>>
>>46042836
Mostly got killed off.

Rhonin died in Theramore by the mana bomb and Krasus blew up the brood chamber to stop the chromatic spread.
The more small time characters are just ignored at this point save Vanessa.
>>
>>46043057
>devs
>canon

Pick one and only one
>>
>>46043061
1:Zul'jin is against Horde.

2:Zul'jin died long ago in the hands of murderhobos.
>>
File: tumblr_nqgj0kq6451tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg (266 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqgj0kq6451tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg
266 KB, 1280x723
PANDA
>>
File: 1457429415375.png (1 MB, 732x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457429415375.png
1 MB, 732x1000
>Why should I expect mercy from you when you showed none to my father?
>Do your worst, Alliance dog.
>>
>>46043249
>Do your worst, Alliance dog.
I've watched enough hentai to know where this is going.
>>
>>46043130
What's Vanessa up to?
>>
>>46043249
There isn't enough Vancleef hentai

>>46043310
Being not dead and trying to take over Ravenholdt
>>
>>46043350
I figured she'd be busy raising her kids or are they dead too?
>>
>>46043391
When the fuck was it ever mentioned she had kids?
>>
File: laughingkhadgar.png (540 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
laughingkhadgar.png
540 KB, 900x600
>>46041684
too many for me to only list one, so:
>Khadgar
>Rexxar
>Kael'thas
>Edwin Van Cleef
>Arator the Redeemer
>Brann Bronzebeard
>>
>>46043420
Well of Eternity she had them I think
>>
>>46043472
>>46043391
SHit my bad I was thinking of Vereesa. Disregard that shit
>>
File: penny arcade-slideshow.jpg (774 KB, 1948x1014) Image search: [Google]
penny arcade-slideshow.jpg
774 KB, 1948x1014
>>46043249
>Do your worst
>hfw the court preps an extensive slideshow on Alliance criminal law just to fuck with her
>>
>>46043249

>I cast DIPLOMANCY
>20
>Vanessa VanCleef is now helping us fight the Burning Legion
>Just kidding, get out. The player rogue takes her place.
>>
>>46043447
Decent choices all. For me:
>Duke Lionheart, who died for our sins.
>Rexxar, the Warchief we deserve, but not the one Blizz writers need right now.
>Anub'Arak and Kel'Thuzad, perfect counterpoints to each other-- both formidable, cordial, charming and utterly loyal to Arthas, one of them a genuine friend and confidant and the other compelled by dark magic laid over seething resentment.
>>
>>46043544
>Vanessa spared, is now a member of the elite rogue order
Didn't see that one coming.
>>
File: medan_cover.jpg (262 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
medan_cover.jpg
262 KB, 620x350
>>46043544
>Garona in Legion
Me'dan finally makes an appearance confirmed?
>>
Why is Lilian a rogue? She literally uses runeblades. It would be more interesting to have her join the DK's since they have similar views.
>>
>>46043587
he is being actively ignored.

Garona have enough popularity among the devs to keep show up through out the expansions.
>>
>>46041684
I feel that Chromie being a male dragon with a female gnome polymorph was meant to be a light hearted joke but as Chromie took more and more of a role in the lore of warcraft and in the hearts of players they had to retcon in.

Either that or Dragon names wasn't set in stone at the time.
>>
>>46043587
>Implying Khadgar didn't take his place

>>46043579
She escaped after drugging you and then tries to takeover the order
>>
>>46043639
Because joining the death knight order implies you're a) dead, and b) willing to take orders from Lich King Bolvar.
>>
>>46043673
Wait is Bolvar actually back in the story?
>>
>>46043672
Escaped what? The Deadmines?
>>
>>46043672
Then you beat her up and she became a follower in your new garrison.
>>
>>46043701
yeah since you were all drugged during the fight she just faked her death
>>
>>46043695
Bolvar wants to be involved in the battle against the Burning Legion, but he's stuck on the Frozen Throne. He convinces the Knights of the Ebon Blade to re-enlist their services to the Lich King, with the promise that, unlike Arthas, he will never use mind control or override their free will. This way, Bolvar is allowed to silently assist the war against the Legion.

At least, that's what I've heard.
>>
>>46043767
And of course, once they are under control, they completely agree that Bolivar isn't controlling them, right?
>>
>>46043786
Arthas was an asshole; Bolvar is a nice guy.
>>
>>46042603
VOID LORDS
>>
Speaking of Arthas, I heard there was an alternate universe where Arthas never went evil.

Where can I read all about this universe? Does it take the Kerrigan route of 'them going bad was the best thing to happen to the universe'? Because that was dumb
>>
File: HumanOribitalStrike.png (1 MB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
HumanOribitalStrike.png
1 MB, 850x1100
>You'll never lay waste to the Amani trolls alongside savage Arathi humans with a fiery orbital strike
>>
>>46043863
Did they seriously end the war with a orbital strike spell?
>>
>>46043544
>Shaw serves the Kingdom of Stormwind
>Shaw is part of the Uncrowned

Well THAT'S not a conflict of interest or anything.
>>
>>46043891
Yeah, the 100 trained human mages were the secret weapon against the Amani. Instead of attacking individually they focused all their efforts on one big ass spell. Scared the shit out of the elves too.
>>
File: 1375247382296.jpg (286 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1375247382296.jpg
286 KB, 1200x1200
>>46043939
>Either you serve the Alliance, or you serve Azeroth. Pick one.
>>
>>46043863
>>46043891
>>46043961
https://youtu.be/IEGo41443iI?t=46

>ALRIGHT, FIRE
>>
>>46043544
Who do we know are members of the other class orders?
>>
>>46043786
The Lich King's control is not so subversive as an Old God's corruption. When he's controlling it, you're aware of it. Mograine and the other DKs remind you of it frequently during the Death Knight starting area.

>>46043961
>Trolls: *cinders*
>Elves: I'm beginning to think that maybe we should've just trained... like, 30, not 100.
>>
>>46043057
>>46041722

Never understood 4chan's obsession with traps.
>>
>>46043544

Huh, Garona is still alive. I hadn't heard crap about her since WC1.

I'm surprised she wasn't hunted down and killed for all the crap she did to the human nations. She's old horde, not new horde after all.
>>
File: GulDana.jpg (308 KB, 600x1027) Image search: [Google]
GulDana.jpg
308 KB, 600x1027
>>46044101
She was mind-controlled by Gul'dan- that said, 99.9% of humans don't know this and are just liable to think she's a filthy halfbreed traitor who killed their beloved Llane Wrynn.

She's actually been fighting a shadow-war with the remnants of the Shadow Council, particularly Cho'gall and the Twilight's Hammer, and as such, shows up in Cataclysm to help Horde players against the Twilight Cult.

They reintroduce her in Warlords of Draenor as her past self, still under Gul'dan's control. She tries and fails to assassinate Khadgar, you capture her, eventually free her mind, and she joins you to help hunt/kill the Shadow Council on AU Draenor.

The one in Legion is from the MU, though.

>mfw I have no pics of Garona, but two of female Gul'dan
welp
>>
I hope the three DK artifact weapons and a corrupted Ashbringer make it into the hands of the Four Horsemen by the end of the expansion.
>>
>>46044041
>The Lich King's control is not so subversive as an Old God's corruption.
Yes, because the Old Gods exist to assimilate. Their ultimate purpose is to remake things in their image and the image of their masters. They make you into something more like themselves.
>>
>>46044349
Don't paladins get the real, purified Ashbringer?
>>
>>46044013
Off the top of my head-

General Nazgrim, Thoras TrollbaneKoltira Deathweaver, Darion Mograine, and Thassarian for DKs

Farseer Nobundo, Duke Hydraxis for shaman

Calia Menethil and Alonsus Faol for priests

Lady Liadrin, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker, and Lord Maxwell Tyrosus for Pallies

Hamuul Runetotem, Brightwing and Mylune for Druids - Possibly Lunara

All the NPCs in that screenshot for rogues

Altruis the Sufferer for Demon Hunters

High Magister Rommath (I think), Meryl Felstorm for mages,

No idea on warriors and hunters.

>>46044349
>>46044371 is correct, which is why the corrupted Ashbringer won't be a thing.
It's a possibility that the player DK ends up as the fourth horseman.
>>
File: 1457672329454.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457672329454.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>46044371
Just hop into an alternate universe and steal that one's Ashbringer.

>tfw alternate universe weirdness becomes the real reason for everyone having artifacts
>tfw Tirion Prime hands out free Ashbringers from a bin next to a pile of dead alternate Tirions
>>
>>46044425
"Member of the Four Horsemen" is a hefty thing to put on your PC's resume.
>>
>>46044465
Paladins get to lead the Silver Hand, so it's not too much of a stretch for Death Knights to be that high up.
>>
>>46044371
Blizzard already stated artifact weapons are only going to be a thing for Legion. So something will happen by the end of Legion that causes players to give up their weapons.
>>
>>46044465
Nigga, you're the Deathlord of the Ebon Blade and right hand of the Lich King. Horseman is small time.
>>
>>46041739
>On a related note, the Azeroth Vanguard that invaded Draenor with Khadgar are supposed to be equivocal to the players (hence having names, guilds, and outfits like player characters), and they got overwhelmed and killed by the Iron Horde, except the player themselves who narrowly escaped with Khadgar and the rest of the expedition.
Which is a huge shame because they would have made great Garrison followers.

>>46042446
He was supposed to more slowly turn away from the Iron horde over the course of Gorgrond
>>46042613
Yeah, basically that.

I wanted Maraad and Orgrim to Crush Blackhand's lava-fist between the Doomhammer and the Hammer of the Naaru before dying to shield their friends who then follow their example of teamwork to further wound Blackhand.

I was in the Beta and the AU Doomhammer death was even *WORSE* before it hit live.

Orgrim died *Before you even got on the boat* I'll say that again, he gets oneshot by Blackhand before you, or even the NPCs stalling Blackhand even board. He didn't even get to fight alongside Durotan for the *Tiniest* moment before they killed him.

>>46043544
>>46043579
>>46043725
>>46043727
Yeah, that's honestly pretty damn cool.

>>46044639
That's like, quintupple bullshit.
>>
>>46044639
>something will happen by the end of Legion that causes players to give up their weapons
Does it rhyme with "raid gear?"
>>
>>46044753
Try "Quest Greens"

I mean they are seriously further worsening the problem legendaries and story-epics already had if they go back to normal gearing after Legion.
>>
>>46044797
The artefacts are going to lose their power at the end of legion. It will make sense story wise to drop them for even shit weapons next expansion.
>>
>>46044425
Warrior get people in Hall of valor

I think Carine is in there?
>>
File: 1394994088033.jpg (620 KB, 1072x718) Image search: [Google]
1394994088033.jpg
620 KB, 1072x718
Fun fact: Lordaeron is named after a General Lordain, who died alongside 500 of his men in the escape of encroaching Amani forces during the Troll Wars. He held them off at a narrow pass so the remaining human forces, led by King Thoradin, could lure the Amani to Alterac where the 100 Magi were waiting to unleash their terrible wrath on the forest troll forces.

>mfw Lordain is basically WoW's Leonidas and 300 Spartans
>>
>>46044797
What the game needs are player-customized relics. If the players are mighty enough to warrant wielding legendary weapons, then why not create their own legendary weapon?
>>
>>46044839
>I think Carine is in there?

No.
>>
>>46044839
Not likely. Cairne, while an incredible fighter, was more concerned with being a spiritual leader for his people, valuing wisdom and temperance over martial might.

We may, however, find Anduin Lothar, seeing as how he was truly a great war-hero and has the blood of the Titanforged in him, as a human.
>>
>>46044885
>We may, however, find Anduin Lothar, seeing as how he was truly a great war-hero and has the blood of the Titanforged in him, as a human.

Probably not.
Halls of Valor is for dead Vrykul in Stormforged bodies and living warriors recruited as part of the new Valajar.
>>
>>46044831
That would only answer the power creep question for those specific artifacts. It still leaves out a lot of the supposedly legendary weapons picked up throughout the years. Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Atiesh, Azzinoth, etc. are still forced to be arbitrarily shittier than a mildly enchanted sword dropped by a random Iron Horde mook.
>>
>>46044933
>That would only answer the power creep question for those specific artifacts.

Those are the only artifacts the players will canonical wield. The rest can be ignored.
>>
>>46045024
I meant to say, "those specific items" and it's still an unsatisfactory answer for item power creep. There's no good lore reason for the item power creep. Why the hell are random Iron Horde mooks better-equipped than Illidan Stormrage, Ragnaros, and fucking Medivh?
>>
>>46044831
I suppose knowing ahead of time that the legendary weapons we have come to know will be rendered pointless trash and be taken away from us before it actually happens lessens the blow somewhat.
>>
>>46045159
Why are random Iron Horde grunts stronger than the Lich King?
They're not from a lore perspective. It's game mechanics fool.
>>
>>46044831
It's a dumb cop-out.
>>46045159
In-universe they're not.
>>46045191
I guess.
>>
>>46042656
Would it be more due to the fact that a fan wrote one of his short stories and actually got it adopted as cannon instead of these guys who keep fucking with it?

Ok question for everyone then, say you had to pump out expansions, brand new ones after MoP. What would your main story be for that?

I honestly would have liked to see something along the lines of fixing some of the more troublesome areas of Azeroth, make it more of a change/mix up like they did with reorganizing things in Cata.

What I mean is that when you go and finish a zone and it's story arc for that expansion and go on to the other older content you eventually come back and see what has passed in the time sense. So new expansion featuring the continuation of plot lines in old content, could have it zoned out that you have to be a certain level for you to actually interact with it and so on. Maybe even something dealing with shit that at the time you were too weak to help fix when you were level thirty or so.
>>
>>46043544
I'm sorry, but every single time I see a Female orc with pig tails it ruins it for me, every time I keep thinking dear god that's a terrible hair cut, why are you doing that?

And it's on a lore relevent character such as this one? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>46045244
?Zaetar’s investigation led him into the damp caverns beneath Desolace, where he discovered Theradras. Though he set his mind to imprisoning the strange creature, he soon grew enchanted with the princess. The stolen life energies that radiated from Theradras enticed Zaetar, and he became enthralled by her beauty.
>Theradras also found Zaetar beautiful, and she resolved to do whatever she could to win his undying love. The elemental princess was keenly aware of the influence she held over Zaetar, and she used this to her advantage. Theradras claimed that she had meant no harm to the land and thatshe was seeking ways to restore the region to its former beauty. Together, she urged, perhaps they could succeed.

Uhh... She must have REALLY changed in recent centuries, 'cause "beautiful" is definitely not one of the adjectives I'd have used to describe Theradras.
>>
>>46045197
"It's just game mechanics" sounds like a euphemism for lazy design.
>>
File: tumblr_nlbp69sKiN1qgebc7o1_1280.png (358 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlbp69sKiN1qgebc7o1_1280.png
358 KB, 800x640
>>46045244
>>46045333
Whoops. Didn't mean to reply to your thing. Just clicked it to start a new reply.

>>46045304
Yeah, it's pretty dumb IMO.
>>
>>46045335
It's the opposite of lazy, they actually make new items. Your way you'd kill a imp in durotar and use the cloth boots it drops for the rest of time
>>
Soo this question probably pops up every thread but is there actually a good Warcraft p&p rpg?
>>
>>46045409

Mechanically-speaking, the official ones are just reskinned 3.5 clones.

So no.
>>
>>46045374
>Your way you'd kill a imp in durotar and use the cloth boots it drops for the rest of time
>Strawmanning
No, all I'd like is to see the old legendaries get artifact versions or return as modernized artifact skins. Actually make them live up to the legendary status. Hell, LOTRO had legendary weapons that advanced as the player did back in 2008-ish. Blizzard could have easily kept the legendaries relevant instead of turning them into glorified paperweights.
>>
>>46045502
Well, except when said legendaries are in use by living NPCs, a la Khadgar + Atiesh, or Illidan and... wait, does Illidan get the Warglaives of Azzinoth back?
>>
>>46045502
>No

Yes, that's exactly what you want. You still want to run around with Atiesh several expansions later and still have it be a suped up super weapon? Fuck off. The game is built around getting better gear to get better gear. The only thing they should allow is for you to transmogrify legendaries.
>>
File: Mythos.png (569 KB, 850x594) Image search: [Google]
Mythos.png
569 KB, 850x594
So what stories have you got, be it bad or good?

>Roleplay on a private rpvp server where everyone is hostile to each other by default, mechanically
>Should your character die, they're permanently dead
>Host a double elimination 2v2 tournament where if a team lost in the loser's bracket, their characters would die
>Given the nature of private servers, there are several exploits that are possible, so have my friends all carefully watch the tournament in case of cheating
>The tournament is proceeding normally when we see something absolutely astounding
>During the midst of a fight, a team of a warrior and a mage would drop group and the mage would take advantage of the default hostile status of the server to polymorph the warrior to allow them to heal
>The race we hosts played were Dark Irons, where it is expected to cheat to win
>However, if we wanted to host this tournament to continue to have attendants from across the server, we had to be fair and call for a do-over, lest they'll be disqualified and killed brutally by the other participants

And I had so badly wanted to let them live, too. It was fucking brilliant to watch that unfold.
>>
>>46045244
If it wasn't for WoD and Legion, I would have preferred to keep exploring new lands after MoP. I remember reading about how the South Seas Pirates and Bloodsail Buccaneers had fortresses south of the map and I've always wanted to go south and explore these new lands. I've always preferred the exploration style of WoW narrative over the plot driven one, and the easiest way to do the former is with new, unexplored zones. So yeah, I would go for a South Seas expansion built on a sort of conquistador, new world flavour. A mix of brand new regions and things that already exist in lore like the Undermine, throw in some new Titan stuff etc. But I feel that recent expansions have upped the stakes too much to return to conventional exploration.

Another idea I like, raised by a recent blizzwatch article, is the rebuilding of some of the zones ruined by the Cataclysm. Rather than a single expansion which auto rebuilds the whole thing, instead it would be done a zone or two at a time, sort of as a side quest to the expansion proper. Ideally, it would be phased content for level capped players. Quests and resources handed in (think AQ) would contribute to a realm-wide resource count, and as it builds changes would be implemented until the zone is "fixed". The entire thing would be phased for capped players, so that the leveling experience still existed for new players.
>>
>>46045591
When you're ditching a legendary five minutes into the next expansion for quest greens, there's something off about the stats. What even is the point of that achievement if it's going to be rendered worthless by trash drops at the start of the next expansion? If I have to ditch Atiesh, I want the next weapon to actually be a worthy successor instead of some dirt farmer's spare backscratcher.
>>
>>46045592
>Aggramar
>Sargeras
>Khaz'goroth
>Norgannon
>Freya

Wait, where's Aman'thul--
>right above Mythos
Oh, you sneaky devil.

I really hope they're reborn from the Watchers.
>>
>>46045591
>>46045592
Even more extraordinary than the naaru were the colossal titans. Their spirits—known as world-
souls—formed deep within the fiery core of a small number of worlds. For ages, these nascent
titans slumbered, their energies suffusing the celestial bodies they inhabited.

>When the titans finally awoke, they did so as living worlds. Cosmic winds howled across their gigantic forms, bodies shrouded in a cloak of stardust, skin crisscrossed with silvery mountain peaks and oceans shimmering with latent magic.
>With eyes that shone like brilliant stars, they observed the fledgling cosmos and became enraptured by its mysteries. Whereas the naaru set out to safeguard life, the titans embarked on a different journey. They wandered the distant corners of the Great Dark, searching for others of their kind.
>This grand, far-reaching voyage would one day alter the course of creation and shape the destiny of all living things.

I have to admit this does make a cool mental picture

>>46045713
>If it wasn't for WoD and Legion, I would have preferred to keep exploring new lands after MoP. I remember reading about how the South Seas Pirates and Bloodsail Buccaneers had fortresses south of the map and I've always wanted to go south and explore these new lands. I've always preferred the exploration style of WoW narrative over the plot driven one, and the easiest way to do the former is with new, unexplored zones. So yeah, I would go for a South Seas expansion built on a sort of conquistador, new world flavour. A mix of brand new regions and things that already exist in lore like the Undermine, throw in some new Titan stuff etc. But I feel that recent expansions have upped the stakes too much to return to conventional exploration.
Personally I'd flip Panda-land upside-down and then start working south. Have Southseas, Blackwater, and Bloodsail pirate things, maybe have the Hozen invade Tel'Abim for Bananas for the requisite "Silly" zone etc.

I do miss exploring
>>
>>46045790
>Personally I'd flip Panda-land upside-down and then start working south. Have Southseas, Blackwater, and Bloodsail pirate things, maybe have the Hozen invade Tel'Abim for Bananas for the requisite "Silly" zone etc.

I mean this is the root of it. I was really disappointed when MoP rolled around and it was just Pandas. I think I would have had a much easier time stomaching them if they had only been part of a general South Seas expansion. Damn shame we will never really get to explore that part of the world
>>
>>46045877
Missed potential with Lei Shen the Thunder King. After reading the shit about him in Chronicles...

Well, he was a big deal.
Like, a way bigger deal than Garrosh, that's for damn sure. Garrosh was all "RAAAAAGH LOK'TAR OGAAAAAAAAR", but Lei-Shen had the stolen power of the most powerful Titanic keeper of Azeroth, Ra, and a fragment of the soul of Aman'thul, leader of the PANTHEON. Though surely weakened by his death and resurrection, I think it should've framed him as the end boss for MoP, not Hellscream.
>>
>>46045776
>When you're ditching a legendary five minutes into the next expansion for quest greens

You can go several zones without changing gear. From Mythic SoO I only started switching into quest gear sometime in Spires of Arak.

>What even is the point of that achievement

Feels good at the time.
>>
>>46045877
Nah that's not what I mean, I just meant have Krasarang on the northern coast.
>>
>>46045943
>You can go several zones without changing gear.
I know. I was just exaggerating for effect, same as the guy talking about bringing Durotar drops to endgame.
>>
>>46045943
WoD was the first time that happened, pretty much ever.

Every other expansions, maybe the third set of quest greens would outpace your old Epics.

>>46045985
Prior to WoD that was hardly an exaggeration.
>>
Well, I'm finding the Odyn lore interesting. He's a self-righteous bastard so sure that he's right about everything that he murdered and enslaved his own daughter, who basically quit his position as Prime Designate because he didn't want non-titanic races empowered.

Of course he wields the power of the Light in Legion. I was almost afraid that they would never do another Light-based villain again.

Considering what a massive asshole he is, I wonder how it'll all work out for the warriors who have to share a class hall with him.
>>
>>46046017
>I wonder how it'll all work out for the warriors who have to share a class hall with him.

Good, he's your boss.
>>
>>46043662
Garona is also going to feature big in the Warcraft movie. Of course, they're teasing her like she's going to be a love interest for fucking Lothar.
>>
>>46046017
>Considering what a massive asshole he is, I wonder how it'll all work out for the warriors who have to share a class hall with him.
Considering he's allowing non-Titanic races to be the leader of the Valarjar, uh... Seems he's changed his ways over the millenia?
>>
>>46046017
Does he outright enslave her? I thought he just killed her to prove once and for all that he could bring her back safely?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_030416_165309.jpg (332 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_030416_165309.jpg
332 KB, 2560x1440
>>46044425
>nothing for Warlocks
Fuck this, I'm joining the Legion.
>>
>>46046059
It's funny because Lothar treated her like a daughter in the actual lore.

And also because she gets mind-controlled into murdering the fuck out of him.
>>
>>46046059
>love interest for fucking Lothar.

That's really weird.

I would think that if anyone would be a love interest for Garona, it'd be Khadgar.

I can't bring myself to want to see it, though. It looks super damn dorky. I mean, I'm a massive nerd; I don't deny that. But the Warcraft movie comes off as too cringy to me.
>>
>>46046092
If I recall, Warlocks become the leader of the Council of the Black Harvest. The only member of note so far is an orc who's name is on a bunch of items.
>>
>>46046092
According to the wiki, Warlocks get to hang out on a Legion portal world with an army of demons and a bunch of old class trainers.
>>
>>46046092
Warlocks get the Council of the Black Harvest.
Hope to get Kanrethad to use as a nuke.
>>
>>46046086
>Odyn shattered her physical form and twisted her spirit into the first of the Val’kyr. Helya’s howls of pain and anger rumbled across the surface of Azeroth and pierced into the very heart of the Shadowlands.
>This violent transformation would forever darken Helya, but her torment was not finished. Though she loathed Odyn for what he had done to her, she found herself compelled to obey his will. Under Odyn’s command, she set out to transform unwilling vrykul into the cursed Val’kyr.

Eventually Loken ended up freeing her from Odyn's control, but by then she had gone a bit batshit.
>>
>>46046104
>*Llane

My bad.
King Llane treated her like a daughter.

>>46046092
Oh, right. Warlocks get the remnants of the Council that formed- those 6, remember? In the Green Fire quest? Undead, orc, gnome, worgen, ???, but not Kanrethad. They're in there. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head, mind you.
>>
>>46041329
>>46041349
My understanding is that they can't become plague undead. DK undeath is a different process than becoming undead through the plague.

Which is why you can have undead DKs: Plague turns them into a zombie, soul fuckery turns them into a DK.
>>
>>46046092
Man I hate the weak chins, overbearing helmets and newly-asymetrical pauldrons on the neo-Wrathguard.

The new Felguard look great other than their spikes being smooth instead of jagged.

>>46046135
Did he realize he was controlling her?

If so he's a turbodick.

>>46046158
Forsaken plague couldn't raise the dead at all, it was more like a strong acid anyway.

Their Val'kyr did the rezzing, but could only transform Vrykul and Humans, not even other titanborn species were within their wheelhouse.
>>
If there is one thing this book got me pissed off about it was Loken, fuck that guy. He was annoying in Wrath and, in this book, he is a downright asshole. Can't believe the equivalent of a history book got me so pissed at a character.
>>
>>46046223
>>The new Felguard look great other than their spikes being smooth instead of jagged.
Yeah and it seems Legion is getting rid of the upgraded permanent demons, so it's all back to the classics.
>>
>>46046158
>Did he realize he was controlling her?
Loken knew that she didn't have free will, which is how he got her on his side by freeing her, so I assume her enslaved condition was both apparent and known.
>If so he's a turbodick.
Bingo.
>He had no remorse for breaking from the keepers, or for transforming Helya into the first Val’kyr. In Odyn’s mind, everything he had done was for the safety of Azeroth and in honor of the great Pantheon.
He's got no sense of remorse or shame. I'd think torturing your adopted daughter would produce some feelings of doubt or guilt, but nah. Odyn is a fucking sociopath.
>>
>>46042603
>StarCraft Online
I'd actually play it. Helps that a StarCraft game would side step the retarded two faction approach.
>>
>>46046223
>Forsaken plague couldn't raise the dead at all, it was more like a strong acid anyway.
It was more like those diseases that liquefies your insides and makes you bleed your brain out of your eyes, ears, and nose, y'know?

Also melting you like acid in addition to that.
Unlike acid, it makes land completely unlivable and you can't just dilute it and wash it away.
>>
>>46046158
>>46046336
Odyn is just doing what needs to be done.
The Dragon Shitters failed.
ODYN IS RIGHT.
>>
>>46040599
>Fel Horde
>Goblins

I mean, I know goblins are greedy fucks who'll do "anything" for a quick buck but I'm pretty sure there's some things they just wouldn't do. Like working with demons. Demons that want to kill everyone. Who also don't even have money, probably.
>>
>>46046333
Well I am sorta glad but also sad?

>>46046336
At his heart Odyn WAS a robot, maybe moreso than the other Keepers were.

>>46046340
How? They'd just Scourge the Zerg.

>>46046361
Well that "Permanently uninhabitable" bit only established in dumb books.
>>
>>46046340
It feels like they're setting that up, with the separate zerg queens and increased autonomy in the zerg as a whole.

I'd play a baneling- for about 30 seconds 'til I attacked my first mob.
>>
>>46046393
>Well that "Permanently uninhabitable" bit only established in dumb books.

And in the game. Look at Southshore.
>>
>>46043857
Yeah in I think twilight of the aspects novel Thrall goes to an alternate universe where he died before leading his revolution. Somehow this lead to Blackmoore taking over lordaeron and killing Terenas. So Arthas has to live in Stormwind. At least hes still with Jaina.
>>
>>46046393
>At his heart Odyn WAS a robot, maybe moreso than the other Keepers were.
Well, considering that Loken's betrayal was a result of years of fucking his brother's wife, getting clingy, and trying to cover it up after killing her when she tried to put an end to it, I'd say the Keepers aren't actually all that robotic. They aren't even specially good or decent people.

The Keepers are assholes.
>>
>>46042943
Seniority by a few years, considering Lor'themar has been handling belf shit on Azeroth since TBC.

And he never plague bombed shit or used necromancy.
>>
>>46046406
Southshore got really badly hit and you're only there a brief while.
>>
>>46046479
>you're only there a brief while.

And you're told it won't be inhabitable for hundreds of years at least.
Blight fucks shit up.
>>
>>46046500
By the undead who is proud of his Blight-baby.

I was more concerned about the relatively-light Plaguing that Gilneas got apparently rendering it uninhabitable.
>>
Can we talk about how long the Goblin starting zone is? At least you can skip Gilneas with some trickery, you're fucking stuck on that island as a Goblin.
>>
>>46042603

Either the Old Gods or the Void Gods. If the former, then the latter after that.

I can't see them going much farther.

I saw a theory a while back (outdated at this point, but I can still see it happening) that Blizzard is working towards a point where the WoW story is essentially finished, and they introduce a new MMO to hook people in.

If it was Starcraft Online, I'd be okay with that. I like the setting, and I've always preferred sci-fi over fantasy.
>>
>>46046536
It'll be WoW 2.
>>
>>46046517
>I was more concerned about the relatively-light Plaguing that Gilneas got

Nothing light about it. Bitch Queen deployed the heavy stuff.
>>
>>46043587
Not even remotely canon.
>>
File: Goblin Murloc Clawthing.png (169 KB, 711x392) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Murloc Clawthing.png
169 KB, 711x392
>>46046570
You didn't see concentrated oceans of green slime, just some light misting in the northern regions and a few labs to the south.

And then the UVG said the whole COUNTRY was uninhabitable.

I am wondering if I should level my ex-main shaman to 100 so he can get his Artifact claw and transmog it to Lobstmourne.

I would need a suitably old-gody offhand/
>>
>>46043939
Crown Princess Tess Greymane is a member too.
>>
>>46046422
That's okay, I suppose.

I never wanted Arthas to have a redemption arc, but it would have been nice to see things turn out differently for him. Poor kid.
>>
>>46044839

Warriors seem to get Titan themed stuff. They get Thorim and Hodir from Ulduar.
>>
>>46046719
>Poor kid.
Fuck off you fucking faggot.
Your fucking "poor Arthas" bullshit is tiring and retarded.
>>
>>46046719
Blizzard only builds corruption-redemption arcs. I wouldn't be so surprised if Garrosh gets one even.
>>
>>46046735
Get out of here Mal'Ganis. Nobody cares what you think.
>>
>>46046686
>You didn't see concentrated oceans of green slime, just some light misting

The mist was all over the place. Everywhere it goes it renders uninhabitable because that was full strength blight.
The Forsaken are simply retards.
>>
>>46043695
>>46043767
>>46043786
>>46043819
>>46044041
>>46044363
I hate to tell you guys this, but Bolvar is an asshole now. No seriously, try out the DK and Mage artifact quests. Plenty of death threats and "My will" and "Champion of death". It's literally like someone on WoW said "Fuck I wish I had the Lich King back" and just shrugged and made bolvar the Lich King again.
>>
>>46043939
Shaw won't do anything stupid, not with Elling Trias keeping an eye on him.

Trias should of been in the little rogue club house instead of Shaw.
>>
File: TheBurningLegion.png (1 MB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
TheBurningLegion.png
1 MB, 850x1100
Strange how the Chronicle up to this point has yet to go into detail of the demons now being added in Legion.
>>
>>46046772
Shaw is not there anymore.
SI:7 opposes you in the Assassination quest.
>>
>>46046818
Ah, I missed that update. At least that's fixed.
>>
>>46046761
Bolvar is in a bit of a struggle between the echoes of Soulless-Arthas and Ner'zhul.

>>46046802
You mean Inquisitors and Jailers? Those are the only truly "New" species that I can remember. The big, fat, brute things are just another breed of Mo'arg like the engineers and Felguard/Fel Lords.

But yeah outside of Eredar, Dreadlords, and Pit Fiends Warcraft has ALWAYS been sparse on other Demon lores.
>>
>>46046092
In addition to the already mentioned Council of the Black Harvest, Warlocks get the Eredar Twins from Sunwell.

Oh, and Wilfred Fizzlebang's widow, Lulubelle.
>>
File: 1279426463711.jpg (8 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
1279426463711.jpg
8 KB, 400x273
>>46046848
Motherfucker I JUST said go play the DK artifact quests. YOU LITERALLY KILL THOSE SPIRITS SO YOU CAN GET SWORDS.
>>
So loken that was corrupted in wow is now is retconned into a wife stealing asshole? I prefered it when he was a corrupted watcher that killed thorims wife and blamed arngrim so he could do the evil shit he wanted to meanwhile the people that should've stopped him were warring against eachother.

I always found the use of norse mythology in wow lazy but legion has reached new heights with every name having i replaced with y (odyn,fenryr, and so on)
>>
>>46046399
>I'd play a baneling- for about 30 seconds 'til I attacked my first mob.
10 / 10, actually got me to laugh out loud.
>>
>>46041684
Kel'Thuzad

>sexy voice
>would make an awsome friend
>good at running stuff
>is a lich
>still alive
>>
File: Althea_Ebonlocke.jpg (25 KB, 125x300) Image search: [Google]
Althea_Ebonlocke.jpg
25 KB, 125x300
>>46046818
Wait, the Duskwood Night's Watch Militia AND SI:7 are corrupted and/or murdered in the Assrogue quest?

>>46046872
I've seen the video, you banish the echoes for Frost but Arthas's spirit Banished Ner'zhul's in the Arthas novel and it came back, so what we did just bought Bolvar a teensy-tiny bit more sanity.
>>
>>46046861
>Warlocks get the Eredar Twins from Sunwell

Hot.
>>
>>46046761
Does he have dragon waifus?
>>
>>46046894
>Wait, the Duskwood Night's Watch Militia AND SI:7 are corrupted and/or murdered in the Assrogue quest?

No, SI:7 understandably do not want a shadowy organisation known for killing kings to hang around their heirless king.
>>
File: 1457881019699.jpg (166 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1457881019699.jpg
166 KB, 500x334
>>46046861
>Eredar Twins

Resubscribing now.
>>
File: boarspirit.jpg (143 KB, 1038x834) Image search: [Google]
boarspirit.jpg
143 KB, 1038x834
>>46046924
Yeah, the "Shadowy organization of Kingslayers" thing is pretty bullshit seeing as the only one of them to ever ACTUALLY kill a fucking King did it completely against her own will.

Wonderful lore there Blizzard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.