[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bullshit powerlevel pushing wizards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11
Whelp. Here's wizards answer to the eldrazi problem in legacy and modern! Cause you know, if people couldn't beat them before just give them a creature that makes every creature have every keyword as long as one creature has firs strike. Fucking bullshit
>>
>>46034462

That's not how it works stupid.
>>
>>46034462
Serious or are you just new to the game? We've had the ability printed before and it was never good.

I saw that shit being hyped mad hard on mtgsalvation and frankly I'm flabbergasted that people think this will see ANY PLAY AT ALL. Even in EDH lmao
>>
>>46034462
Eldrazi aren't a problem in legacy.
>>
>>46034462
Anyone who thinks this card is good has clearly misread it.
>>
>>46034486
>>46034492
How bout you read the fucking card and learn what it does
>>
>>46034462
Nigga, if you think Eldrazi is going to hold itself up with that card, you are delusional.
>>
>>46034492

>even in edh

Umm, it's actually pretty strong in edh

Concerted effort was already decent and this card is better because it's a legendary creature so it goes right into a toolbox deck spreading your toolboxy abilities to each other creature you control
>>
>>46034462
wtf does this have to do with eldrazi? And they already said something is going to get banned from modern the next update. And eldrazi isn't a problem for legacy.

Stop complaining.
>>
>>46034462
yes, let me tap 4 lands to get a 3/3 that gives all my guys haste which isn't relevant because I've already dumped my hand and trample.
A lot better than tap 2 lands to get 4/4 that etb thoughtseize.

you cracked the format
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 223x310
>OP seems to think that if a creature has first strike then creatures get all keywords.
>OP doesn't realize this ability has been printed before and doesn't have enough reading comprehension to realise the "This is also true" sentance means "substitute each othese abilities in place of first strike in the previous sentance."
>>
>>46034657
>>46034526
>>46034492
>>46034486
>Implying it's not obvious what the card does
>Implying OP isn't a shit-tier troll
>>
>>46034462
Hnf, yes.
>>
>>46034462
If you control a creature with first strike, all your creatures gain first strike.
If you control a creature with flying, all your creatures gain flying.
If you control a creature with deathtouch, all your creatures gain deathtouch.

And so on. Learn to read.
>>
>>46034589
No it's not, I play semi competitive EDH and that effect is trash unless it's like doublestrike and even then meh
>>
>>46034711
It's most likely the guy who posted the "you can't counter thought knot seer" thread last week
>>
>>46035194

Dude, you can have this guy be your commander, include literally any creature with indestructable (even Darksteel mutation-ing your own guy if you really need to) and put yourself in a position where you can drop boardwipes all day and laugh as it never scratches your own side of the board. Just make sure to drop your wraths of god on the second main phase, and you can destroy their side of the board to your heart's content.

Drop basically any angel to turn your entire army into vigilant flyers. tear your opponent to pieces.

Worried about targeted exile or chaos warp getting ride of your indestructable creature? Hexproof is on the list. Just attach swiftfoot boots to any of your creatures, and you have haste and hexproof across the board.

This guy makes for a pretty great commander, even if all you ever use him for is giving protection to cards that normally don't have it. .
>>
>>46035502
He's mono-white. Have fun making him your commander.
>>
File: nothing_to_see_here.jpg (88 KB, 1300x892) Image search: [Google]
nothing_to_see_here.jpg
88 KB, 1300x892
>>46034462
>>
>>46034462
Oh man this is A1 for kitchen table fun times
>>
File: faggot.jpg (141 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
141 KB, 500x362
>>46034532
0/10 shit b8 m8.
>>
>>46035502
Until end of turn.

It's dogshiet
>>
>>46035972

Until end of turn, every turn. Even those taken by other players.

The only time your guys would not benefit from hexproof/indestructable would be during the first main phase. After that they are safe again.

Anything combat relevant is there for all combat phases so its there any time it would actually be relevant.
>>
File: Concerted Effort_RAV.jpg (51 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Concerted Effort_RAV.jpg
51 KB, 312x445
>>46034462
>that card
>not EDH jank
Fuck off scrub.
>>
>>46035569
I'll habe that fun, thank you.
Mono Commanders generally feel a lot less cancerous and a lot more fun to me. Going color crazy is way too fucking easy in EDH.
>>
>>46035502
Win-more.
>>
>>46034462
I don't think he's even good enough for my soldier deck. Maybe for some janky deck I could make, but beyond that I don't see this whole "powerlevel bullshit." Hell I'd prefer to run the old Odric over this one and I already don't run Odric.
>>
>>46034492
It would be cool if he still had first strike , maybe he is getting slow in his old age, but at least then it would almost always have an impact, he almost seems worse when i look over him since old odric used to basically say battalion+1 - creatures your opponents control cant block but this just seems more like soulflayer but harder to pull off, in edh i would play him in my odric deck
>>
Odric curves nicely into Avacyn 2, who gives everything some nice shit. Just a thought.
>>
MiteBCool in Modern Weenies.
>>
File: mtg soi nightmare awake.jpg (46 KB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
mtg soi nightmare awake.jpg
46 KB, 400x281
>tfw nobody is talking about this.
>tfw spirit tribal is finally going be a thing.
>tfw this set makes mill a more legitimate win con.
>tfw I have no face.
>>
>>46045598
>Hahaha, I bring back my Persistent Nightmare and I attack you to mill you for 13.
>>I'll play secure the wastes and block it with a token

Get fucked ghostboy.
>>
>>46045598
This card is more notable for the fact you have a Reassembling Skeleton in blue (for 5 mana) than it is for the mill, desu.
>>
File: 1431293740661.gif (988 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1431293740661.gif
988 KB, 500x350
>>46045598
>sorcery that transforms into a creature
That is some seriously fucking cool rules tech, god damn I love how slick that is.
>>
>>46045598

>tfw spirit tribal is finally going be a thing.

Read that creature type one more time anon.
>>
>>46034462
>protection is officially dead
I mean, I knew it was happening sooner or later, but it still hurts.
>>
File: taintedchains.jpg (49 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
taintedchains.jpg
49 KB, 265x370
>>46045598
not with that card, it ain't

this little baby, though
>>
>>46045598
Spirit tribal is going to be a thing because of the 2 drop Banneret effect, not this jank mythic that's unrelated.
>>
>>46045598
>>46046569
Why is that not a spirit when it clearly is in the pic, fuck me
>>
>NINE mana for the chance to mill more than once
This will never see play anywhere.
>>
>>46046591
did you even read the name of the creature
>>
>>46046639
Will see play in a fuckton of mediocre casual mill decks, I guarantee it.

>Milling 13
>Turns into a different cardtype to recur itself from the grave
>Creepy art
>Flavorful as hell

It's definitely not going to be good, but it is definitely a casual homerun.
>>
>>46034462
Oh for God's sake can they just bring back Banding already? They clearly want to.
>>
>>46046700

Nope, never. It's a clusterfuck.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>46046683
I'm sure some casual deck packs 4 of these bad boys too. Doesn't make it at all relevant to anything.
>>
>>46037449
Happy you're happy, mate.
>>
>>46046567
I want that so fucking hard for my spirit deck.
>>
>>46046710
That's why it's so good! Your opponents don't know how it works and can't properly value your cards.

Really, I'd rather see "Bands with other" come back because it's WAAAAAY better.
>>
>>46045598
Spirits =/= nightmares you idiot.
>>
>>46035502

It's only from combat until end of turn and he's a vanilla 3/3 otherwise, the amount of removal that dismantles this strategy is ridiculously high given that if you don't do exactly this then you basically have nothing going for you. It will almost certainly steal some kills but it's not going to be consistent and basically comes down to the coin toss of whether or not anyone at the table is holding an answer. Most of the time they will be and you'll be left without any ability to pressure anyone.
>>
>>46046716
The difference is that card is garbage in every format.
Milling a 1/4 of your deck repeatedly is terrifying in casual
>>
>>46034462
skulk? what the fuck is skulk?
>>
>>46047179
pay attention to the spoilers fag
>>
>>46047179
Can't be blocked by creatures with greater power
>>
>>46046710
It's really not, at least not with the cleaned up modern wording in the comp rules. It functions pretty intuitively given the flavor of it.

Thing is, that flavor is simply "dudes with banding gang up on the other dudes", but everyone always wants to think it's "dudes with banding combine together into some kind of one big voltron creature". And that alone puts it beyond the pale, given that we can't even have the fucking untap symbol because apparently that's too confusing.
>>
>>46035502

Angelic Overseer is his official waifu.

He also plays well with Equipment, something mono-White is good at, because that Fireshrieker or Lightning Greaves is suddenly giving your whole board Double Strike and Haste instead of just one dude.
>>
File: tres manifique.jpg (11 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
tres manifique.jpg
11 KB, 250x236
>>46047638
>tfw used to run Odric and Angelic Overseer together just for funsies back in Innistrad-Ravnica Standard
>>
>>46047174
Effectively half the deck in Limited, since they'll be on 27 by the time you first cast it.
>>
>>46034462
People who don't think this is going to played in standard have completely missed the plot.

So, you're telling me you WOULDN'T play a creature that gives all your creatures haste/flying and is decent body as well as a nice curve topper for agro strats??

Oh wait, that's right, /TG/ is bad at magic. Ya'll are some fools.
>>
>>46048135
>gives all your creatures haste/flying

but you need something with haste and flying for that to happen

on an empty board it's a vanilla 3/3 for 4, and if you have a bunch of good abilities on the creatures you have out you are already in a pretty good spot, thus Odric is WIN-MORE
>>
>>46048172
Nigga, it's fucking standard. Are you playing fucking stock vanilla creatures? Did you fall asleep on a nuclear reactor?
>>
>>46048195
did you not read my post or something?
>>
>>46048205
If you think giving your team evasion so they CAN get in is win more, you're nuts.
>>
>>46048228
Additionally, he gives himself those abilities. A 3/3 with flying/haste/or any ability really that has the ability to get all upside is going to be played. It's a curve topper in aggressive decks.
>>
>>46048172
>on an empty board it's a vanilla 3/3 for 4, and if you have a bunch of good abilities on the creatures you have out you are already in a pretty good spot, thus Odric is WIN-MORE
and if your opponent has blockers that are giving you an issue then he might help in a pinch if you aren't drawing into removal.

He's not amazing, he's definitely designed for kitchen fun times, edh, and limited, but he's not complete garbage.

Bad top deck is gonna be the new dies to removal.
>>
>>46048273
yeah I don't think he's trash, but he isn't like best card in standard like everyone is claiming
>>
>>46048285
I don't think anyone is making that assumption, even in the spoilers we've seen from SoI so far. He will see play in standard. Some Tier 2 aggro deck is going to run this.
>>
>>46048195
in standard there's going to be better things to spend four mana on than a creature that does nothing by himself

an aggressive deck with white would be far better served dropping Gideon or Munda on turn 4 than Odric
>>
>>46048135
aggro isn't playing white, for starters
>>
>>46034462
I'd still prefer Odric Master Tactician over this version for a mono white commander.
>>
>>46048310
It's a shame he doesn't anthem Prowess, or I'd think he'd be a shoe-in for Jeskai
>>
>>46048421
there'll only be like 6 cards with Prowess when Odric rotates in

and one of them is Ringwarden Owl
>>
>>46034589
I'd rather keep playing my Sliver edh where my shit won't lose their keyword abilities at the end of the turn
>>
>>46048482
Ma nigger.
>>
>>46048421
>can only cast instants in between entering combat and declaring blockers for it to be effective
not really
>>
File: Jimmy Russel (1).png (339 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Russel (1).png
339 KB, 375x523
>>46048135
Without a super specific shell you'll be lucky if one creature gets flying or haste when it's relevant.
>>
>>46048470
>>46048529
Oh, shit, right. I'm retarded, and not ready to give up Swiftspear
>>
>>46034492
He's good in probably a handful of decks. He will be a jank commander and will see play in Naya/Selesnya tokens.... and I guess that's it.

I mean, you're right in that it isn't incredibly good but the niche it fills in token EDH is actually pretty good, not great, but good.
>>
he'd be pretty funky if he had flash

as-is he's not too impressive
>>
>>46034462
>all your creatures are now slivers
>implying this isn't good
2/2 with flying and double strike suddenly costs 2 mana
>>
>>46046639
It's a limited bomb.
>>
>>46034462
Does gaining haste at the beginning of combat actually effect anything? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a creature cast that turn still can't attack, because it needs to have haste before combat starts to be declared an attacker. All this would really do is let you tap it during the second main phase.
>>
>>46036446
>The only time your guys would not benefit from hexproof/indestructable would be during the first main phase. After that they are safe again.
That's the main time people cast removal anyway. Why would they wait until after combat to Murder your dudes? Why not get them out of the way of your own creatures?
The hole it leaves is right where you need it most.
>>
>>46046716
This card is garbage even for casual play
>>
>>46051251
No, you need to have haste before being declared an attacker, which is the second step of the combat phase.

Odric triggers during the beginning of combat, then it resolves, then you declare attackers.

So it's all good.
>>
>>46034462
>4 mana without ETB that dies to bolt
m8..
>>
I love to hype up bad cards to casuals and timmytards at my FLGS, then trade them my bulk rares for their value
>>
>>46045738
And then you return it next turn.
>>
>>46047166
>DIES TO REMOVAL LMAO
tg is shit at magic
>>
>>46056327
Being vulnerable to practically all removal that anyone will use is a relevant drawback when it's on a four mana investment that has no immediate impact and relies on your opponents leaving your other creatures around to be useful.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.