[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will - Yea or Neh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
What is /tg/'s opinion of this game?

I'm looking for more the opinion of MtG and Yu-Gi-Oh players as this game is a blatant knock-off of the two of them combined.

Do you think it's better or worse than MtG or your own tcg?
>>
File: E-CMF-027.jpg (96 KB, 530x369) Image search: [Google]
E-CMF-027.jpg
96 KB, 530x369
>>46030355
I'm asking because my playgroup is kind of pushing this game. We've been MtG players for a few years now, and I just started to understand all the modern/legacy stuff going on as we mainly do kitchen table.

I'm just not sure I'm game for adding anther tcg in my budget
>>
File: Cain_Complex.jpg (90 KB, 661x916) Image search: [Google]
Cain_Complex.jpg
90 KB, 661x916
>>46030355

Basically I'm asking if this tcg is worth getting into. Does it have it's own merit, or is it animu-bullshit with stolen mechanics?
>>
It's shit, just stick to playing Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
File: thighs tho.png (1 MB, 745x1040) Image search: [Google]
thighs tho.png
1 MB, 745x1040
Why the fuck does this game have so little resources and deck websites, god damn?

And I fully intend to build a deck that is made up of primarily of babes and it's looking like R/G deck wins.
>>
>>46030408
It's an MtG ripoff with shitty weeb artwork. The only points in its favour I've seen people reasonably argue is that it's cheaper than competitive MtG.
>>
>>46030408
WHy do Cain and Abel look like they fuckin'?
>>
>>46030854
That's one of the "points" my group keeps bringing up, but as a good thing. They keep mentioning how apparently there was a lawsuit by wizards over how close the mechanics are, but they treating it like a badge of honor.
>>
>>46030982
It's basically the best of both Magic and Yugioh without getting into Yugioh's 5/6 extra summoning types and either's problem of having infinite broken overpriced cards that required huge financial investment in just to break the surface of the metas (by no means does this mean there aren't crazy cards/strata already). It's really kinda Commander with Yugioh life points except the Commanders are specific card types.
>>
File: 003S.jpg (53 KB, 265x369) Image search: [Google]
003S.jpg
53 KB, 265x369
>>46031105
I will admit, it is cheaper. apparently a booster box is like $40. Which they took advantage of.

By which I and a few others were invited and told "just get a precon" and the other half of the group already have retarded decks made with a shit ton of cards they bought.

yup I sure do love having the only supermove my precon has being ignored a turn later and all my shit being destroyed and not having a chance in hell.

It's an okay game but I feel like telling him to piss off just due to the way we were introduced.
>>
>>46030355
>japanese TCGs
Pass.
>>
>>46031857
This.
It doesn't matter if the basic idea is sound, it'll go completely down the shitter within 18 months.
Hell, power creep is already deteriorating the game.
>>
>>46030850
its good i am playing same. Athena and pricia exploding flame are awesome and lance a fave
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.