[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: laY45Je.jpg (178 KB, 1174x1800) Image search: [Google]
laY45Je.jpg
178 KB, 1174x1800
One True High Queen Edition

Discuss the viability of Warcraft as a tabletop RPG setting.

>>46008237

Last thread
>>
>>46026540

I don't even want to kill her, really (even if she does deserve it, but that aside, I'm sick of killing established characters). I'd even be content with her calming the fuck down after having some sort of epiphany.
>>
File: map2.jpg (446 KB, 620x823) Image search: [Google]
map2.jpg
446 KB, 620x823
So what are you hoping will be answered by the Chronicles?
>>
>>46026916
my sense of despair.
>>
>>46026916
I'm not really sure if I have any at this point. The Chronicle has answered questions I didn't even think of or want to ask.

The current state of Outland and its inhabitants could be cool. I've always loved the Netherwing Dragonflight, and still have a nostalgia boner for that expansion, for good or ill.
>>
>>46026866

You are an idiot. Jaina doesn't deserve to die, she is rightfully angry at the way she was stabbed in the back. Its like you haven't even followed the story.
>>
File: JainaPants.jpg (106 KB, 782x1022) Image search: [Google]
JainaPants.jpg
106 KB, 782x1022
>>46027082
Jaina's my waifu, anon, I'd never wish death on her.

Hell, I'm glad she's a hardass now. The bleeding heart stuff was quaint for a while, but started sounding like whining as time went on.

Jaina for High Queen of the Alliance!
>>
File: yetc022_1.jpg (87 KB, 600x717) Image search: [Google]
yetc022_1.jpg
87 KB, 600x717
I cry that the Horde and Alliance will never be united through passionate love.
>>
>>46027193
DELETE THIS
>>
>>46027200
Never.
>>
>>46027193
You get that shit out of here.
>>
File: LM.png (654 KB, 900x441) Image search: [Google]
LM.png
654 KB, 900x441
This may not be the ideal place for it, but it's either here or /wbg/, and you guys have a higher chance of loving Warcraft.

I'm adding a shameless knockoff of Eversong Woods/Silvermoon to my D&D setting, but apart from the most basic of aesthetics, I'm having trouble capturing what makes it special. I can't fall back on the Dead Scar thing either, because there's no Arthas to kick the elves' shit in.

If you were in knockoff Eversong/Silvermoon, what would you absolutely require from it?
>>
File: Holy Valkyr.png (2 MB, 1920x1211) Image search: [Google]
Holy Valkyr.png
2 MB, 1920x1211
>>46026758

Anyone think this is a fun idea?
>>
File: little_jaina.jpg (104 KB, 735x1088) Image search: [Google]
little_jaina.jpg
104 KB, 735x1088
>>46027193
>>46027200
>>46027210
>>46027214
Can't stop best ship.

>>46027226
I think one of the neat aesthetics of Eversong/Silvermoon was just how the Elves just found ways to abuse everything to power their city; crystals with demons and the mana wyrms. You could try incorporating some of that stuf
>>
>>46027226
The area is highly magical, peaceful all thing considered, and the dragonhawks and mana wyrms are pretty badass and whimsical. Work from there?
>>
So what are your guys hopes for Legion?

Since Gul'dan is still running around I hope we get to see him recreating first generation Death Knights.
>>
>>46026763
>Death knight Garrosh
I was actually expecting this. Or rather I was expecting Garrosh to die but for Gul'dan to put his soul into Garys body and then becoming AU Draenors first death knight.

But what if Gary was raised as a DK? Would he be for it or against it?
>>
>>46027263
>>46027264
>Crystalline street lamps
>Eternal autumn (not actually, but it looks the part)
>High magic everywhere
>Peaceful
>Phoenixes flying around the place (instead of dragonhawks)
>A few small towns and one larger city
>>
>>46027384
whoops. I quoted the wrong dude. I meant >>46026818
>>
>>46027384
Considering Garrosh's thoughts on Sylvannas, he would probably be disgusted what Gul'dan did with him. I imagine he would either go with Gul'dan/Legion's plans just so he get his revenge against Thrall, tries to rebel against Gul'dan but he's compelled to do whatever Gul'dan desires or lastly Garrosh goes rogue and he starts a guerrilla war against Gul'dan and the Legion.
>>
>>46027082
I wouldn't say she was stabbed in the back. While she did have a non-aggression pact with the horde under Thrall, that all ended when the alliance used Theramore as a staging point for the invasion into the Barrens.

She could've prevented what happened with Theramore by simply stating her neutrality.
>>
I wonder if we will ever go to AU Azeroth.
What would that place even be since there would be no orcs?
>>
>>46027464
Doesn't the Cavern of Time quest where you have to save Medivh mention that essentially if the orcs never invaded the humans would be waging a war against themselves when the Burning Legion arrives?
>>
>>46027510
And would proceed to get their shit wrecked because they couldn't form a united front against the Legion.
>>
>>46027510
Hmm no idea.

But the caverns of time is really an underused resource. I loved all those instances/raids.
I mean go back in time and fight in famous battles? It was awesome
>>
>>46026916
Whats the source on these maps i keep seeing?
They're pretty neat.
>>
>>46027541
I think it's been used enough. It should be only an occasional thing. If it's used any more than it already has been, we'd be complaining that it's overused.

>>46027608
The Chronicle, probably.
>>
>>46027510
>>46027510

Yeah AU Azeroth is pretty much fucked if the legion decides to show up.
>>
>>46027651
Yup. The Guardian of Trisfal would be Medivh which is Sargaras.

No Scourge to betray the Legion.

They're fucked but on the bright side Zul'jin still has an arm and the Amani can rise again.
>>
>yfw William king was going to right the Arthas book instead of golden.
>>
File: tcg-series7-036-full.jpg (233 KB, 1445x1200) Image search: [Google]
tcg-series7-036-full.jpg
233 KB, 1445x1200
>>46026609
Honestly, I wish we had a properly horrific Undead leader. Quite frankly, I'm almost disgusted that they gave Nathanos a human model now.

Why can't we have major Undead characters who actually look dead? Disgustingly dead and properly spooky, instead of just being sort of pale with red eyes.
>>
Anyone already get their Chronicle? I'm itching to read how fucked the lore currently is.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (155 KB, 476x512) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
155 KB, 476x512
whats the more draenei class? priest or paladin?
>>
So.. what is the deal with these four horsemen that are being "resurrected"?
>>
>>46026866
She has settled into a stable but simmering distrust as of WoD thanks to the events of War Crimes.
>>
>>46027700
Nathanos just has a humanoid build and posture, he is still pretty rotted.
>>
File: nathanos-blightcaller-legion.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nathanos-blightcaller-legion.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>46027721
The Death Knights of Acherus are emulating the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas with the findings of Kel'thuzad's private studies, because they were considered the pinnacle of their kind.

The first is Nazgrim, fallen General of the Horde.
The second is Thoras Trollbane, Father of Galen Trollbane, ex-leader of Stromgarde and inheritor of Trol'kalar.
3 and 4 are unknown.

>>46027700
>Honestly, I wish we had a properly horrific Undead leader. Quite frankly, I'm almost disgusted that they gave Nathanos a human model now.
What're you talking about? They didn't--
OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
>>46027794
so.. They are "re"making the horsemen because the death knights need idols?
>>
File: hQKAaMy.png (2 MB, 514x803) Image search: [Google]
hQKAaMy.png
2 MB, 514x803
>>46027716
Paladin, IMO.

Velen may be their leader and their society obsessed with holiness (which the anchorites arguably have more of), but it is the draenei vindicator that first greeted us in the Burning Crusade cinematic, doling out the Light's justice with a massive crystalline war-mace while bolstering himself with blessings from his ironclad libram.
>>
>>46026798
Is it true that the Forsaken annex Stormgarde in Legion?
>>
File: orc_deathknight.jpg (492 KB, 1600x847) Image search: [Google]
orc_deathknight.jpg
492 KB, 1600x847
>>46027837
Because they need weapons against the Burning Legion, and there are dead heroes who can serve Azeroth once again in its time of need. And in Nazgrim's case, actually serve it rather than fighting and dying for orc-Hitler because MUH HONOR. Putz.

Any speculation on who the other two might be?
I absolutely know the blood elves wouldn't let the Death Knights anywhere near Anasterian (assuming he wasn't cremated). Maybe they get ol' Teron Gorefiend on board to their team- not that he's severely trustworthy, but he seems more about personal gain than being a puppet to the Legion.
>>
>>46027706
I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind it if they made a whole bunch of retcons. With this book they'll have a fully updated reference for their lore. Hopefully this would make future retcons rare.
>>
>>46027877
Apparently, yes. Sylvanas makes it all the way to the Arathi Highlands and takes over Stromgarde.
>>
>>46027883
Is Greymane a warrior? Or rather was he one? Since he is missing he could be the 3rd or 4th
>>
>>46027731
That post was me responding to an anon on Sylvanas, not Jaina.

>>46027891
That's my hope, too. Maybe with something like this, the writers will stay more consistent for the time being.
>>
>>46027891
Yeah, but we've already seen how Sargeras got his 4th or 5th retcon by now, and it just makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>46027883
Varian could be one if they actually kill him off. He probably wouldn't like being undead, but I could totally see him putting aside that disgust if it meant he could continue to help his son.
>>
>>46027883

Isn't Koltira Deathweaver one of them?
>>
File: 975.gif (21 KB, 320x185) Image search: [Google]
975.gif
21 KB, 320x185
>>46027913
Goddamn Kossak fanfic bullshit..
I was hoping that the Alliance would get that eventually but as a rsult of SoO but noooo..
Fuck this, I don't even mind the rest of the horde but the forsaken are the cause of all faction drama and you cannot even do anything about it since the faction leader is the lead writer's waifu
>>
>>46027226
I always thought Eversong had a sadness to it. The beauty is artificial and skin deep, underneath is a people suffering
>>
>>46027751
He's barely rotted. His old art had him looking like a proper hideous zombie man. Now he just looks slightly gross.
>>46027794
>OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Yep. The Forsaken now have no notable NPCs who actually look like the Forsaken. We need some new political leaders to start shaking things up and actually giving Sylvanas a bit of a challenge, hopefully while providing contrast to her almost living appearance.
>>
>>46027913
>>46027961
We don't know how much of the city Galen controls, and the Ebon Blade ganks him for being a bitch.
>>
>>46028058
So Galen fully dies in Legion? It's about fucking time. Now we just need Danath to show up again.
>>
>>46028095
there's no one to rule over anyway. Everyone in Stromgarde is dead or undead

>>46027721
the death knights are finally becoming their own 3rd faction of nice Scourge
>>
>>46027991
>Yep. The Forsaken now have no notable NPCs who actually look like the Forsaken
That's because the Forsaken are not a real faction, just a bunch of stupid zombies arbitratly worshipping a mary sue elven queen
>>
>>46027970
Agreed. It felt like the last sunsets of summer, when the warmth gives way to autumn's chill. The familiar warmth is still there, but you know dark and cold is ahead. It felt like the decline of the elves.

>>46028191
>yfw bolvar becomes the new leader of the forsaken because he's got the free will package due to not being a dick
>new forsaken show up just by him gradually acclimating scourge to free will
>>
>>46028159
I think it was mentioned in lore a couple of times that Refuge Point has a pretty sizeable population. Not to mention, a LOT of people fled to Stormwind during the Third War. They'd probably return.
>>
>>46028275
Refuge Point is, well, just a bunch of refugees at this point. The soldiers, militiamen, troll hunters and leaders that were still holding a part of Stromgarde city were all killed and raised by the Forsaken

And Blizzard dares telling people that forsaken are free-willed
>>
File: angry asian gamer.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
angry asian gamer.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>46027913
I
HATE
KOSAK
SO
FUCKING
MUCH
>>
has Sylvannas ever done anything positive/productive? "We want the New horde to be honorable and peacefull.Let's ally ourselves with an undead abomination that is repeatedly performing acts of war towards the faction we are trying to patch up our relationship with"
>>
>>46028448
She was relatively inoffensive in Vanilla through Wrath.

IE before they hired Kosak.
>>
>>46028487
>IE before they hired Kosak.
Why did they do this again?
>>
>>46028448
Sylvanas is credited with being the primary sponsor of the blood elves' inclusion into the Horde.
>>
>>46028448
Well, despite the fact that she failed, she worked her ass off to defend Quel'Thalas.

>>46028508
That's not a good thing.
>>
>>46028505
Because Blizz think that fans write good stories. That and he was popular because of Flintlocke.
>>
>>46028571
>That's not a good thing.
at the time, it kinda made sense, now it doesn't

I kinda hate all the fanarts about blood elves sluts having rainbow hair and horde tatoos, it's so unlike their spirit
>>
>>46028448

She helped lead part of the Horde military campaign in northrend and played a key role in the assault on icecrown.

She also used her influence from quelthalas to recruit the blood elves, which provided a pretty sizable population of soldiers for the horde.
>>
>>46028651
It's a terrible thing to let a fanboy write a story, though. They've got their own narrow view of their favorite factions, races and classes. The real skill in writing for Blizzard is remaining unbiased enough to look at the big picture.

Kosak can't do that. Besides, wasn't he originally just one of the quest writers anyways?
>>
>>46028680
yeah, he worked his way up the ranks to lead-narrative-writter or something similar. In terms of story, there's only a couple of people who have more authority when it comes to the narrative. Metzen is one of them, but his position is senior vice-president of creative design and story development which means he works on every project. The end result is that these days he has oversight and still contributes ideas, but doesn't really get into the nuts and bolts of writing anymore (although he's co-wrote Chronicles (Kossak wasn't involved).
>>
>>46028680
>Kosak can't do that. Besides, wasn't he originally just one of the quest writers anyways?
Not really sure. All I know is that he's probably the fucker who screwed over Uldum.

Sometimes I wish he was laid off instead of the Old God fanboy who started the Ask CDEV project and wanted to post on the Story Forums. Poor Nyorloth. He got laid off two weeks after he started posting.
>>
>>46026798
>Warcraft
>lore
>>
>>46028680
>(although he's co-wrote Chronicles (Kossak wasn't involved).

Which is why I've got mixed feelings about Chronicles. Metzen can be a bit too greenskin-biased. The only reason I'm hyped for Chronicle is because I asked one of the writers about the governments of the old Kingdoms and Arathi Empire (specifically the nobility), and it's gonna be in the book.

Which is why I'm dying to get my hands on a .pdf or .epub of it today.
>>
>>46028759
>Uldum
Litterally the only zone of the whole game that I never finished due to it being so bad
>>
>>46028791
I fucked up. Meant for >>46028734
>>
>>46028791
While Metzen is a thrall fanboy, he's traditional been a big fan of the night elves, and he plays a human paladin. I think his Orcish favourtism is overstated for the most part. Remember, even by 2009 Metzen wasn't focusing much on the individual narrative. He's role was supervisory, mainly focusing on ensuring the team new the broad brush strokes of zones and narrative. It was up to the teams to interpret and implement these ideas, and their own spin gets put on it when its actually implemented into the game.

Apart from Chronicles, he's mainly been working on Overwatch recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's recent involvement in wow didn't extend much beyond pitching ideas
>>
>>46028630

Post-war collapse and new allies create a new culture. It makes sense that Blood Elves would get culturally influenced by Orcs and Trolls since they are a part of a faction led by them.
>>
>>46028858
>so I wouldn't be surprised if he's recent involvement in wow didn't extend much beyond pitching ideas

Without a doubt. It's just a shame that the quality of writing has been so incredibly poor. Warlords of Draenor was a fucking pisstake, and the only thing Legion has going for it is the plot advancement and return of old heroes.

I'll stick to my post-Pandaria RP server, where we can just lightly alter some of the stupid lore.
>>
>>46028900
>Post-war collapse and new allies create a new culture
I have no doubts about that, and the blood elves themselves are a new culture compared to the high elves. But still, they were high elves for several millenias and fought against both orcs, undeads and trolls for a good amount of that time, so any blood elf character being a human hater and an orc apologist is completely out of character to me
>>
>>46028815
It was such a fucking waste. I kept at it hoping I'd find some sort of worthwhile tidbit of lore but no such thing really exists in that place.

There's a few signs of what the zone was originally going to be, but it was just a waste of a Titan zone in the end.
>>
>>46028937

Arthas personally rampaged through Quel'thalas while Orcs were a more remote issue when they were an issue.

Whatever doubts there were about jungle trolls probably vanished when Horde helped in getting rid of Zul'jin and the forest trolls.
>>
>>46029005
>Orcs were a more remote issue when they were an issue
did you forget about the Dragonmaw dragons attacking Quel'thalas, the Windrunner expedition disappearing beyond the Dark Portal and all the archers/rangers that died during all the Warcraft 2 battles?

Also about trolls, just because some trolls helped shouldn't make disappear several millenias of racism. Just see how a good amount of people in the western world see all middle easterners just because of a few crazy muslims

Blood elves should be bitter and wary about anyone. They were betrayed by humans which they stood allied with for millenias, why should they be acting trustful toward orcs, trolls and undead?

pic related is an exemple of what I dislike about some blood elves characters
>>
>>46028965
>Titan Lore
>Egyptian Mythology
>epic tomb raider adventures like Indiana Jones, The Mummy or a Wilbur Smith's novels

I don't know how they fucked it up so bad.
>>
>>46029099
>Indiana Jones
Harrison Jones is cancer incarnated. Instead of writing good stories about Brann Bronzebeard, a fitting and original adventurer, it's now all about a poor meme-spouting caricature of an archeologist
>>
>>46026916
>Kul Tiras on the map

WHERE IS IT, BLIZZARD?

>>46027794
What, is rotting flesh not in this season?
>>
>>46029112
I hate how Blizz completely forgot about good ol' Brann.

Chronicle download when.
>>
>>46029178
>WHERE IS IT, BLIZZARD?
It's in that large bay north-west of Ironforge.
>>
>>46029221
Or the islands south of Gilneas, depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>46029202
At least Elise Starseeker is kinda hot
>>
>>46029248
Isn't she purely from Hearthstone?
>>
>>46029264
I have no doubt that we'll see her in WoW eventually

I'm just surprised there's no porn about her yet
>>
>>46027353
I doubt we'll get those DKs ever again
>>
>>46026982
>It is an honor to meet you, <name>. We have all been keeping a close eye on your adventures and are grateful for all that you have done for the Netherwing Dragonflight.

>If you choose me as your compatriot, I will fly you to the ends of this world and back. Whatever it is that you ask of me, I will do my best to comply.
>>
>>46027250
I liked the val'kyr in charge of the ring in the Icecrown. She wasn't a cunt like most other val'kyrs.
>>
>>46026916
The Ret-Conicles
>>
>>46029082
Elves weren't allies of humans for millenia, they were acquaintances of humans for millenia and allies for the second war
>>
>>46028241
>>new forsaken show up just by him gradually acclimating scourge to free will
You know, why they didn't have the post-Wrath new forsaken just be more undead who slipped free when Arthas died is beyond me. Would've put the kibosh on Sylvanus going retard lich queen mode.
>>
I think the one problem I have with WoW, beyond all the bad writing, is the prevalence of exceedingly long lived races.

Night elves are tens of thousands of years old on average, draenei are the same, high elves are a little more relatable, living to only a thousand years, but are still a bit overboard
>>
>>46029264
Sir Finley Mrrgglton is in Legion, so the Explorer's League characters are canon.
>>
>>46028241
Bolivar as new king of the Forsaken is perfect. Doubly funny as the actual new Lich King is still acting less like the old one than Sylvanas was.
>>
>>46030249
>The Troll Wars were a series of conflicts between the forest trolls of the Amani Empire and an alliance of the humans of Arathor and high elves of Quel'Thalas, ending approximately 2,800 years before the coming of the orcs to Azeroth
Friendly enough for me. Also, Dalaran was a city of both humans and elves, and Caer Darrow was a fortress for both people
>>
>>46030346
I would genuinely support this.
>>
so about the titans.. how does one become one lorewise? Is there a written test or something? Is it a gift that the other titans can give out?

I am asking because I have a player who have been wanting to become god-like near the end of our campaign
>>
>>46030445
Last I heard, though I admit this may have been retconned since, Titan is a species, not a position. You either are or aren't one, and no amount of trials can change that.

Now they do have servants who have lesser, but still relatively godlike power, so the goal should probably be angling to be one of the Titans' middle managers on the Azeroth project.
>>
>>46030445
>>46030465
The new book that is released today says that titans are born out of planets, and Azeroth is pregnant with one
>>
>>46030465
>nah brah
Hmm well I guess he will have to live with a manager title. What sorta perks comes with that "job"?

>>46030472
so we are playing on borrowed time?
Oh the other hand.. it could prove to be an epic finale.. Battling the newborn titan.

How long does one of those "pregnancies" last?
>>
>>46030445
Titan's are a species, it's not a position you can obtain. There most important servants are constructs which they made, so that one is out too.
There's two instances of beings being directly empowered by the Titans though. The first is the dragonflights, who were transformed from proto-dragons into their modern version by the Titans, and given domain over certain aspects. The second are the Celestial Watchers like Algalon the Observe. These guys are a separate species who were empowered by the Titans to observe the planets they have cultivated.

Honestly, best bet for a large power boost would by for your player to obtain demonification, although even than god-like is an unlikely status for a mortal to obtain.
>>
>>46030512
chances are the newborn titan is both Elune and the original Well of Eternity so I'd say mortals are safe
>>
>>46030512
>so we are playing on borrowed time?
No. Titans aren't just born from planets, they are living planets. There skin is basically a habitable world or something. Geography might get a little strange though
>>
>>46030512
Well the Dragonflights were the example of highest level titan servants, and they basically got total dominion over their own aspect. Aside from them there are various titan servants around with a specific job who generally just get handed a good deal of physical and magical power in case some old god minions infest the basement again.

Really the downside to being less than dragonflight levels of responsibility is that you're probably going to be assigned to a specific part of Azeroth and be expected to stick around there and make sure shit's going as intended.

The hard part about getting this responsibility is actually getting the Titan's attention. They tend to set things up, appoint their managers, and then just fuck off never to be seen or heard from again.
>>
>>46030527
But isn't Elune already a goddess?

And before you call me all sorts of names for not knowing this stuff, I am an idiot. I have no idea where you guys learn all this stuff. But I would like to know
>>
>>46030559
She's a goddess because the night elves are worshipping her, but was she before the elves established the moon cult?
>>
>>46030559

Honestly, most older lore sources (RPG's, etc.) have been non-canon for a while.

In reality, there's very little reason to research lore. The Chronicle retcons even some of the novels (The Last Guardian, for example) so you're better off just reading the Chronicle and its upcoming volumes. Anything else isn't reliable canon or is outright non-canon now.
>>
>>46030567
I.. I don't know?
So Elune was a night elf originally? Does the warcraft pantheon work like in DnD? As long as you get enough followers you can become a god/goddess?
>>
>>46029473

That spear wife one? IIRC she fucks off and never returns

That miniboss one in ICC had a so obvious crush on the DK betraying and killing her. 100% woman scorned vibes.
>>
File: 1458013017083.jpg (56 KB, 550x469) Image search: [Google]
1458013017083.jpg
56 KB, 550x469
This is a dragon (male)
>>
>>46030465

I really liked the concept that Titans are more of a concept or a process themselves influencing others than actual, separate beings. Yes, sure you had the actual Freya or whatever wandering from world to world, then she empowers the ulduar watcher who empowers the NPC in Sholazar in return and so on. Same with the dwarves and all the titan related shit descending away from them. They not only reshape and build shit, their mere presence and affecting things expands and trickles down on its own.
>>
>>46030559
>>46030567
>>46030600

According to the Chronicle, the dark trolls came upon the Well of Eternity and thought Elune was a loa. Over time, they became elves and dropped the "loa" angle, worshiping her a full-fledged goddess.

There are no "true" gods in Warcraft. The Naaru are essentially Light elementals. The Titans are walking planets, with rivers and mountains embedded in their skin, and the Wild Gods/demigods/loa/etc. are just really powerful spirits.

Even "gods" are permanently killable in Warcraft. Titans, loa, Wild Gods, etc.
>>
>>46030628
Hmm so my player could become a spirit. Interesting
>>
>>46030628
>There are no "true" gods in Warcraft.

Addendum: in older lore, Elune was unique because she was the only "true" deity in Azeroth. However, with the Chronicle's revelations, it's highly unlikely that she's anything more than the Titan fetus inside Azeroth or a really powerful Wild God
>>
>>46030559
Good places for Lore:
>Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft Manuals
They've got a lot of good lore in them, although a lot of its out of date. Still, a good place to look
>Quest Chains in WoW
Only really viable if you are actually playing, and a lot of the good lore has been lost to retail due to the cataclysm zone revamp
>Blizzard Watch
A bunch of professional lore nerds hired by Blizzard. 3 of them do a podcast that gives a lot of good information about each podcasts' topic. They do spend a lot of time theorizing though, so remember that not everything they say is canon
>the Wiki (gamepaedia, not wowwiki)
A great source of lore. Just bare in mind its really bloated
>Warcraft:Chronicles
Only released today, but snippets have already been revealed. This is as official as it gets, and is going into a lot of detail regarding cosmology and Azeroth's early history. Written by Metzen and a couple of other people so its word is final. Grab when you can
>The Books and Comics
Supplementary material. While it adds a lot of information, its frequently contradicted by the games, dev quotes and other sources. If you want to read them, keep in mind that they're a somewhat dubious source of canon
>the RPG books
they went into some good detail, but they are barely canon these days. Good reads though
>>
>>46030644

Sure, but they can't become a demigod or anything. The closest thing to a mortal becoming a demigod was Arthas becoming the Lich King. Even then, unlike "true" demigods such as Cenarius and Malorne, Arthas was unable to reform his body in the Emerald Dream and return to life.

The closest thing mortals can get to godhood is the "living" god status of the Lich King.
>>
>>46030675
>The closest thing mortals can get to godhood is the "living" god status of the Lich King.
As another said earlier (maybe you?) they can also try to become powerful demons, since demons can't die anymore unless killed in the twisting nether
>>
>>46030686

Yeah, that's true.
>>
>>46030661
I have just ordered Chronicles but it will take some time before it gets here

But my group and I usually just go with ".. alternate universe" if we aren't too sure what happened in the lore.
And we usually use the rp books. The only problem is that there is a lot of things that I would like to throw at my players but just aren't in the books. Like the Shas, or giving the barbarian tauren the heart of y'shaarj etc.

>>46030675
Then I will have my player devoure Arthas and thereby obtain the power and title of lich king!

>>46030686
How does one become a demon? Just by striking a deal with one?
>>
>>46030699
I can't tell if you're serious about the Lich King thing but do consider that if strength in combat is all that you're going for, it's not really a great option. In order to become the new Lich King you have to best him in a fight after all, which means you were already good enough to take him, at which point you don't really need to be the LK to have LK levels of power.
>>
>>46030699
>Then I will have my player devoure Arthas and thereby obtain the power and title of lich king!
no need to eat the heart (unless he wants to). Just put his helmet (the helm of damnation) on. Then he gets to be the new Lich King
>>
>>46030699
>How does one become a demon?
Illidan became one by eating the Skull of Gul'dan. Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden presumably drank from the fel kool-aid
>>
>>46030699
>How does one become a demon? Just by striking a deal with one?

Consuming extremely powerful demonic artifacts is a sure-fire way to become a demon, as Illidan has shown us.

Other than that, probably striking a deal with Sargeras, like the eredar did.
>>
>>46030712
>I can't tell if you're serious about the Lich King
The player has this whole barbarian "eat the heart to gain the power" vibe going so just assumed that he would do something crazy like that.

>>46030719
And the skull of Illidan shall be devoured

>>46030734
So.. if my player ate Shadowmourne (is this even demonic?) or something similar he would become all demon-y
>>
>>46030734
>>46030719
there are also those fel-spiders in Talador that, if they bite draenei people, will transform them into demonic eredars
>>
>>46030734

Illidan's case was special in that he already had a bound demon inside him.
>>
>>46030757

Well that sounds hot.
>>
>>46030958
> you will never be transformed into an eredar girl after being bitten by a spider
kill me
>>
>>46030755
>ate Shadowmourne
Man, that is one persistent set of teeth.
>>
>>46031043
He is the All-Eater
>>
>>46029248

I have so many questions about Elise. I can understand why a night elf is with the explorer's league, but why does she need glasses? Why doesn't she have the glowing eyes that night elves have? Why does she dress like that? I really want to know her backstory, and she's just a portrait in a fucking online cardgame!
>>
File: 2685[1].jpg (9 KB, 253x238) Image search: [Google]
2685[1].jpg
9 KB, 253x238
>>46031072
half-elf
>>
>>46031101
EWWWWW
>>
>>46031101

Too old for that, barring time travel.
>>
>>46030699
>How to become Demon
As many others have already stated, interacting with an artifact (or 'absorbing' its power, as Illian did) that contains a lot of Fel-energy will most likely transform you into a demon, or at least a being with demonic qualities.

In the case of the Eredar, I think it wasn't just "striking a deal". If we look at how Fel-radiation has affected Draenor in a matter of years, I think it's more likely that the Eredar became demonic entities after being exposed to the Fel for several thousand lifetimes. As far as I'm aware, several of the Burning Legion's footsoldiers were originally mortal races whose homeworlds were contaminated by the Fel after the Legion invaded, slowly turning them into demonic entities, as well. It was definitely the pact the made with Sargeras that allowed so much Fel into Argus, but apart from that I think it didn't matter much.

On a personal level, I think "striking a pact" with a demon only binds it to you on some level. It could be that this binding allows the Fel to enter you, making it even possible for you to channel it and cast its spell. It may just as well be that, at first you learn how to channel the fel, attune your soul to it and then be able to bind demons to you.
It may be just as well be that both options are possible and it largely depends on how much "in charge" you want to be of your bound demon.

Either way, I believe "turning into a demon" largely depends on how much Fel you have in your system.

>YWN see orcs collectively drink two more sips of the Kool-Aid and become Demon orcs who're so angry they usurp the Pit-Lords/Annihilans as angriest demons in the Nether
>>
>>46031155
one of the mangas had a tauren being friend with a baron in Alterac before the Scourge invasion

I think that night elf priestess also lived in Gilneas before the times of Warcraft III
>>
>Danath doesn't return while his city is raped by ogres, syndicate, forsaken and who knowns what else. Paperwork is more important.

Fuck sake Blizzard, fuck you.
>>
>>46031219
One of my WoW characters is a human paladin girl from Stromgarde, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just kill her off
>>
>>46031229
At this point, that'd be a mercy kill.
>>
>>46031252
I guess. saying she died honorably defending her homeland against the last Forsaken assault, and she couldn't be raised back by them since she's a paladin

probably a better end than just having her mourning the country that she couldn't even be here to defend
>>
>>46031277
See, on my server there's actually going to be some event chains. There's someone planning to take back Arathi and try to put himself on the throne.

Because, you know, Blizzard will never advance the Arathi plot.
>>
>>46031308
but ... They do? In Legion it's shown by Blizzard that the Forsaken, led by Gallen Trollbane, killed and raised everyone in Stromgarde city
>>
>>46031328
>In a few expansions Forsaken will be assaulting Ironforge.
>>
>>46031336
the dwarven society is too patriarcal to resist the might and independance of a strong womyn like Sylvanas
>>
I hate my lingering affection for Warcraft

Everything I like about it is dead, some killed by BC, most killed by cataclysm, the remainder killed by WoD, but I just can't leave it behind, even though the only way I can think of to fix it is to completely ignore Cataclysm and everything that followed Cataclysm
>>
>>46031328
We're still somewhere in mid-Pandaria right now. And the stuff that Galen did would've happened during Cataclysm, at the end of his questchain.
>>
>>46030556
Becaue they are dead.
>>
>>46027913

>tfw still care more about the Sylvanas val'kyr/damnation storyline than the Forsaken and the wars in the Eastern Kingdoms

I don't even know whats going on anymore.
>>
>>46030755
Note that it isn't LITERALLY eating the artifact. Illidan still had the skull with him in Black Temple, after all. It's just that he siphoned the fel power out.
>>
>>46031160
A Fel-guard calls a dead Pit-Lord his "Father" in Hellfire Peninsula , I think the Mo'arg's demon conversion was via Felblood too.>>46031328
>but ... They do? In Legion it's shown by Blizzard that the Forsaken, led by Gallen Trollbane, killed and raised everyone in Stromgarde city
We con't know it was EVERYONE.

Also he didn't raise his dad because that would damage his claim to the throne.
>>
File: 1447443773892[1].png (42 KB, 314x341) Image search: [Google]
1447443773892[1].png
42 KB, 314x341
>>46031847
>Also he didn't raise his dad because that would damage his claim to the throne.
Good thing the Ebon Blade will do that for him then
>>
>>46031395
>always though WoW was dumb, with dumb pauldrons and dumb lore
>start playing it in Dec.
>I like it and it has some fun bits of lore
>>
>>46031912
I put off playing it until late Cata, mostly because the advocates I knew were fucktards and assholes.
>You can join our guild, we're all nice! Except A, and B, and C, and D is a total bitch, and E, F, G and... But we're nice!
Was glad to be rid of those 'friends.'

Really liked the cata questing zones. Hyjal remains a favorite. Liked Pandaria questing, hated Varian for not letting Thrall debrain Garrosh on the spot. Thrall made a mistake, and he was about to FIX IT, Varian!

Same with Warlords, really: A lot of great quests, but the raid-based plot points tend to be either boring or awful.

It's why I'm glad I'm a filthy casual. But even I'm getting sick of the lazy writing in places.

I'd probably never would have started if a friend hadn't handed me product keys and money for the first month of subscription, but I can say I enjoyed it enough that she didn't waste her money on me. And I usually think ANY money spent on me is a waste.
>>
>>46030594
It only retcons parts of the Last Guardian.
>>
>>46032087
Yeah, and I didn't like those retcons.

Aegwyn as a stone-cold bitch was a fun character concept.
>>
How does post Cata Hjal compare with pre Cata?
>>
>>46032196
There was no pre Cata hyjal, the zone was locked down
>>
>>46032087
>Retconning Last Guardian

SACRILEGE!

I realise there have been several instances of new lore that contradict old lore which includes TLG, but damn I still cling to the idea that Orcish raiding parties had been around for years before attention even came to Stormwind so that human-orc contact existed for a long time and thus making Garona a half-Orc human, again.
>>
>>46032196
Archimonde's skull and shoulders are not hanging off the world tree, the site of the ...Orc? Base is replaced with a sea of lava around the tower of Ragnaros.

And the Twilight's hammer has most of the old Human base where they are fighting some left-over demons to secure their foothold.
>>
>>46032327
Even in TLG Medivh said she was born on Draenor before the portal opened and that "They must have had humans or something very much like them" on the far side of the portal.

>>46032316
>There was no pre Cata hyjal, the zone was locked down
Not if you knew what you were doing.
>>
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qOMG7KtQ1dg/UMyt-ewSfTI/AAAAAAAACQ8/OSJ5cdbP7LE/s1600/The+Forge+of+Supplication.jpg

I fucking love Twilight's Hammer architecture.

Hell, just their astetics in general were great.

I wish their armor and gear were player-useable. (And the twilight Trappings could be worn in the tabard slot)
>>
File: Twilight_Base_Camp[1].jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_Base_Camp[1].jpg
42 KB, 600x450
>>46032455
yeah nice architecture faggot
>>
>>46032516
I also love the ribcage tents in Silithus, though i like them better for more wild settlements in Tanaris and the Badlands.

But I was mostly talking about their post-cata architecture,
>>
>>46032516
he is probably a rock eating orc
>>
>>46032455
>Posting link to picture
>Not saving picture, then uploading it

How hard can you miss the point and basic functions of an image board? Come on, Anon...

>inb4 spoonfeeding
>>
>>46032588
Not my computer to save and upload on.
>>
>>46032316
There was TBC's Hyjal raid, but that was just playing WC3 in WoW, where most units were controlled by retards.
>>
>>46032717
And nobody hanging back to spam instabuild dark troll and Furbolg Mercenaries.

I hardly used any Nightelf Units that whole fight.
>>
What I hope might happen but probably won't happen

One) Baine Bloodhoof actually living up to his name as the High Chieftain of the Tauren tribes by inviting the Taunka and Youngol to Thunder Bluff while Magatha Grimtotem does things to stop the diplomatic meeting. Might be a nice scenario and we could finally kill Magatha..

Two) There's this daily quest in Hyjal where you get a group of druids to kill some elites. Why not something like that in Legion, but instead of no-names why not get the Gob Squad, Taran Zhu and some of his named Shado-Pan, Keeshan and Bravo Company and more.
>>
>>46032601
Then save, upload, and then delete it. It's not like you have to keep the pic there forever man.
>>
>>46032746
>Warcraft campaign

I attempted to replay that shit on hard difficulty.

Never have I felt so utterly mouthfisted, especially when I looked back at how I did in normal back when I was 13 and played that shit for the first time.

Shit is fucking brutal.
>>
>>46032834
>Two) There's this daily quest in Hyjal where you get a group of druids to kill some elites. Why not something like that in Legion, but instead of no-names why not get the Gob Squad, Taran Zhu and some of his named Shado-Pan, Keeshan and Bravo Company and more.
I thought you did get a random story character in all your squads though? Also Bravo Company are all dead aside from the Alliance Player and Keeshan sadly.

>>46032864
I can barely do it on medium, espescially that 'Move your Ancients from shitty mine to shitty mine" mission.

I think a big part of it is my love of upgrading EVERYTHING to make fun squads of vastly different units instead of rushing any specific End-game combo.
>>
>>46030264
Night elves are just thousands. Draenei are tens of thousands.
>>
>>46032864
Try Orcs & Humans on Hard.
You'll cry.
>>
>>46032864
>>46032931
I played a mod to simulate Orcs and Humans, for the Orc campaign how do you get past the goo in the Deadmines without cheating?
>>
>>46032902
Shit I forgot Bravo Company died, since I normally play Horde.

Also it's a 50-50 chance you get a named guy like Mankrik, Image of Vargoth or Hemet and 4 other druids. I was hoping instead of one guy we get a team from one of the older expansions.
>>
>>46032931
"Tides of Darkness" is already enough to turn off the computer, get naked so the shame doesn't further sully my clothes and just lie on the floor, wondering why I even try.

Judging from the development, Orcs and Humans will just outright destroy my will to live.
>>
>>46032976
Why play a mod when you can run DOSbox?

And you get past the goo by using the wide spot in the caverns to line up your units in a line 2 deep, Raiders and Warriors in the front, Spears and Necrolytes in the back. You'll lose a unit or two, probably the raiders you used to lure them to the line.
>>
How would you feel if Blizzard introduced a "heroic" race that began play in every normal class at level 25?
>>
>>46033072
>level 25
Not give half a fuck, because it's 40~70 that's the worst leveling in the game.
>>
>>46033072
It would be traditional grey Aliens running from the Legion, who are available to both Horde and Alliance, and will not affect the number of subscribers or lv 100 boosts.
>>
File: wtfhappened.jpg (312 KB, 1548x768) Image search: [Google]
wtfhappened.jpg
312 KB, 1548x768
>>46029248
>>
File: sectoid casts mindspin.gif (3 MB, 304x376) Image search: [Google]
sectoid casts mindspin.gif
3 MB, 304x376
>>46033103
>Warcraft greys
Eh, I can dig it.
>>
>>46030361
The elves completely cut ties with humans after the troll war(because they are dicks)
and again after the 2nd war.

They weren't in dalaran before 2nd war either.

They really had it coming for the 3rd war after they keep ditching their allies right after the trouble.
>>
File: blood elf slut edition.jpg (608 KB, 660x1320) Image search: [Google]
blood elf slut edition.jpg
608 KB, 660x1320
>>46028630
You secretly love them. Stop lying to yourself.

>>46028680
>The real skill in writing for Blizzard is remaining unbiased enough to look at the big picture.

They never were unbiased. They are unrepentant WC2 Horde fanboys.

>>46029348
>I'm just surprised there's no porn about her yet

>yet

>>46030361
The Elves only got involved in the third war because Lothar called in his blood oath, and even then, they only sent a token force.

Then the left the Alliance the second the Orc threat was over. They never were really invested with the humans. Blood elves getting buttmad over 'alliance betrayal' is overblown and is just a flimsy excuse to make them Horde-aligned.
>>
Got my Chronicle book and have read up to the Sundering. Sure, there are some retcons but most of it is just clarification and adding in new stuff and shaping the old around it. Enjoying it.

The titan-keeper drama with Loken and Odyn reads like a damn soap opera. Those two are massive dicks.
>>
>>46033072
I do think that the various alt racial skins should just start in faction capitals at a highish level (10-25) if they are ever introduced, but that's.

>>46033259
>Then the left the Alliance the second the Orc threat was over. They never were really invested with the humans. Blood elves getting buttmad over 'alliance betrayal' is overblown and is just a flimsy excuse to make them Horde-aligned.
They're not buttmad over the Alliance not helping versus the scourge, they're buttmad about Garithos trying to execute a huge portion of their population just because Naga are Ugly and also partly because they blamed them for letting Arthas turn in the first place in some cases.
>>
>>46033259
Why does that elf have a Mandalorian tattoo?
>>
File: lsabt.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lsabt.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>46031176
>one of the mangas had a tauren being friend with a baron in Alterac before the Scourge invasion
>Sunwell Trilogy
>>
>>46033280
And turns out sif had a thing with Loken.

Poor Thorim, getting cheated by both his wife and brother.
>>
>>46033310
They ARE buttmad over the alliance not helping versus the scourge.
Read the lore.
>>
>>46033123
>Two guys in before pic
Well obviously one got a sex change. I'm sure Illidan is much happier now.
>>
>>46029348
>no porn
Are you kidding? Of course there is porn of her. Just not enough, because fuck me if I don't want to bang that uptight librarian and cum on her glasses.
>>
>>46033310
>blaming all the human kingdoms who are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse because one cunt-nugget of a commander acted like a douche in a power vacuum before anyone could do anything about anything.

Still a flimsy excuse to go ally with people who have a history or razing your homeland, eating you, and attempted genocide. It made sense for Kael'thas not the entirety of the High elves.
>>
>>46033352
It's still not their primary concern.

And it's not so much "Not Helping" as "Failing to deal with their own problems before they got out of hand"
>>
>>46033357
Illidan will never true happiness because Tyrande will never notice or love him.
>>
>>46033337
Makes me feel extra bad for him, especially recalling how Yogg used an illusion of her in the Ulduar raid to control him too. Thorim had a crappy life. Feel extra fuzzy inside for slapping Lokens shit in WoW now.
>>
>>46033390
Why did I immediately imagine Illidan dressed like a schoolgirl, hoping Tyrande-sempai will notice him?

I've been on this site too god damn long.
>>
>>46033390

Illidan and Maiev should get over their issues and fuck desu
>>
>>46033123
>filename

Making popculture references the centrepoint of character creation instead of silly easter eggs that could be discarded as the developers just having a laugh happened, Anon.

>TFW everything great that Samwise Didier conceived is turned to shit because Blizzard is overtaken by memers

I want everything to die.
>>
>>46033415
I end every BT run by telling those two to stop being emo and get a room.
I still haven't got my main hand glaive or blindfold after all this time.
>>
>>46033385
A lot of the others "Just followed Orders" about the Bloodelf Survivors, hell even the Dalaran guard captain was a close friend of Kael'thas and still held him for execution on the word of some horse-riding loon.

And the Bloodelves Never fought Jungle Trolls (Though i imagine they get along ...poorly with the Revantusk to say the least.)

And they were throwing in with the woman who used to be one of them and killed Garithos as well as cutting the scourge's powerbase apart from the inside.
>>
>>46033415
>tfw Illidan Stormrage is most likely a virgin
>>
I just started reading Frostblood based on a recommendation from the last thread and I just wanted to say whichever anon that was has good taste.

If people are still looking for fanfics, I actually wrote a couple specifically at /tg/'s prompting a couple of years ago, the last time we had a bunch of warcraft threads. Here they are in all their glory, such as it is. The second one is a sequel to the first.

Lessons in Hunting:
http://pastebin.com/djeh7zDr

Further Lessons:
http://pastebin.com/r3d6CD18
>>
>>46033415
They have no issues to overcome

She has a duty to apprehend a convict and he's on the run. I refuse to accept any other canon but I still enjoy lewds.
>>
>>46033491

So Mother Shahraz and the BT harem were for Blood Elves or something?
>>
>>46033388
No, it out right said they blame alliance for not helping against the scourge.
Stop making shit up.
>>
>>46033510
Maiev was obsessed to the point of leaving Tyrande for dead and lying to Malfurion about it. She's definitely got issues.

Illidan is nothing BUT issues, at least since he got his shit wrecked in Northrend.
>>
>>46030608
Despite Blizzard taking a shit on their own naming patterns, Chronormu is actually female. She doesn't take a female gnome shape for giggles. There is no instance in Warcraft of Dragons taking cross-gender mortal shapes (sadly).
>>
>>46033548
So Maiev yandere for Illidan ?
>>
>>46033280
Anything on the way the Arathi Empire was ruled?
>>
>>46033571
And you know that if Chromie was actually a guy, they'd make a big deal out of it to get tumblrites to throw money at them.
>>
>>46033548
Tyrande did sorta murder a lot of Maeiv's coworkers and friends for disobeying her order to release Illidan.

>>46033571
To be fair, the naming patterns were Knaak's invention and other writers feel free to ignore him.
>>
>>46033595
I'm almost to the human stuff, but there's been one interesting tidbit. When the high Elves were going to were Quel'Thalas would be they all nearly died of starvation in the mountains during winter. The only reason they survived was because some tribal humans in the mountains gave them food and shelter.

So yeah, humans saved them cause they're just bros like that I guess.
>>
>>46033677
They are, but the naming conventions in WoW tend to fall in line, and Knaak based it on what we see in game as it is.

Chromie is the only instance, I can find, where we see a male suffix for a dragon on a female. It's just not a big deal, or important, because Chromie happens to be the only Dragon who does anything of value.
>>
>>46033677
>implying Maiev has friends
>>
>>46033728
Not after Tyrande and Illidan were done killing them all.
>>
>>46033382
Link, now.

Some of us have fetishes to fulfill.

>>46033475
>"Just followed Orders"

You know Blizz doesn't give a fuck about decent writing for the Alliance when this is the most "dark" the alliance can be.
>>
>>46033814
Just google [subject] and [porn/r34/nude/whateverthefuck]
I subscribe to the 'teach a man to fish' deal
>>
>>46033684
Sweet. I'll gladly take any and all details about the Human Kingdoms and how they were ruled.
>>
>>46033814
I like how those wings are nearly as far down as the Succubus wing-skirt from WC3.

I miss that model.
>>
>>46033684
>Elf Thanksgiving
kek
>>
>>46033928
Before the humans were united it describes them as beset by threats on all sides, yet their greatest enemies were themselves. Some tribes before Thordain's unifications even practiced novice shamanism and druidism though they never become truly powerful in either area. He brought together the tribe through negotiation, marriage, intimidation, and fighting when necessary because he saw the bigger picture and that was the Amani threat. It only took him 6 years to unite all the human tribes.

Thoradin was distrustful of magic but agreed to the offer of the training of 100 humans in turn for their helping the elves against the Amani. They set up a massive trap by attacking the siege of Quel'Thalas head on and then strategically retreated while being pursued by the entire host of the Amani. The High Elves harried the Trolls while they pursued the Humans all the way to their great fortress in the Alterac mountains. There the human mages, instead of attacking individually, revealed themselves and unleashed a massive spell in unison. Think rain of fire from Wow, but on a much bigger scale. This killed the Troll leader and scared the shit out of all the trolls killing thousands cause fire bad. The whole collective army ran to get out of the fire and was routed back to their homeland broken.

Not too much on how they ruled, just what occurred during the times. The humans stomping the trolls part was pretty funny.
>>
>>46034017
At least they had the foresight not to wipe them out, not that they didn't think about it.
>>
>>46033503
Awww yiss. Glad you like it, how far in are you?
>>
>>46034177
Fucking writer lied to me about there being stuff on how they ruled. Damnit.
>>
>>46034221
Kaamos part 2. I'm finding the revelation that KT grew up with Night Elves kind of snowflakey, but I can live with it since everything else is pretty good.
>>
>>46034177
Anything on the Dwarves around that timeframe?
>>
File: 1450647109569.jpg (374 KB, 1629x2421) Image search: [Google]
1450647109569.jpg
374 KB, 1629x2421
>>46033168
>The elves completely cut ties with humans after the troll war(because they are dicks)
>and again after the 2nd war.
Wrong. Did you even played Warcraft 3? You can meet high elf priests in the first human missions, Dalaran is still full of elves and Arthas once helped Quel'Thalas agaisnt forest trolls
>>
>>46034256
The most detail I read tells that after the Troll wars all the future independent kingsdoms; Lordaeron, Dalaran, Gilneas, Alterac were all former trade towns that become autonomous and self-sufficient. The most detail seems to be on Dalaran than any other.
>>
>>46034310
Just got to the Dwarves.
>>
>>46034310
The Dwarves weren't even awake yet. Apparently they had all been in stasis in Uldaman for thousands of years and were only woken up when the last mecha-gnome maintaining Uldaman fell to the curse of flesh and died of old age. They woke up 2500 years before the Dark Portal, a few hundred years after the troll wars. And yes, fleshy gnomes existed thousands of years before fleshy dwarves.
>>
>>46033503
I love those fanfics you wrote there, they represent exactly what I love about the Horde
>>
>>46034343
Some of the Elves refused to follow their superior and remained behind.
These became high elves in WoW and have nothing to do with BEs.
>>
>>46034293
4, 8, 10 and 13 are probably my favorite chapters

That reveal is kinda dumb, but I guess you could extrapolate that from the naming conventions in winterspring so I'm willing to let it slide
>>
>>46034430
Thanks. In hindsight I feel like I laid it on a little thick with the troll's jamaicanisms, but overall I'm pretty satisfied.
>>
>>46034523
I can understand that

Have you considered writing more?
>>
>>46034553
Nah, there isn't really any more story to tell. Aradiel's character arc from novice to journeyman is done, and J'omon and Viridia are really just comic relief.

I also don't actually know anything about WoW, since I quit the franchise post TFT, and I feel awkward writing in the setting since any new lore I disregard is unintentional, rather than a deliberate choice. It already got weird once, the first time I posted these, when somebody didn't know what salamanders were- apparently they only show up in III, and then never again?
>>
>>46034681
There are no salamanders in WoW?

Somehow I never noticed their absence, I just assumed that they were there
>>
>>46034681
>>46034748
Yeah, that model is just used for Thunderlizards in WoW, not Salamanders.
>>
File: BloodElf_yaorenwo.jpg (188 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
BloodElf_yaorenwo.jpg
188 KB, 1440x900
>>46027794
>>46027883
>horsemen

Odds are that Admiral Taylor is going to stay dead(ish) because he was a ghost in WoD, already bound once.

They seem to be going with the pattern of making new DKs specifically to act as the Four Horsemen, so just tossing Thassarian and Koltira in the remaining spots doesn't fit the bill.

What other dead heroes might fill the gap?
War Nazgrim, Famine???, Pestilence???, DeathThoras?.
>>
>>46034952
Wow, my spoilers fucked up heartily.
Meant to go:
War Nazgrim
Famine ???
Pestilence ???
Death Thoras
>>
>>46034952
>>46034952
Taylor may show up as well I would hope.

I't guessing Varrian will be one of them if they *Insist* on killing him.
>>
>>46030445
Lei Shen is as close as you can go.
Maybe a bit further, as elemental shaman can wield a weapon that even he could not.
>>
>>46034450
>These became high elves in WoW
They didn't became high elves, they stayed being high elves. Thus, a certain amount of high elves were still close to the humans
>>
File: ss1290.jpg (184 KB, 1200x864) Image search: [Google]
ss1290.jpg
184 KB, 1200x864
>>46035082
Doubtful. They'd be under heavy guard in secret tombs, much like most royalty in kingdoms that aren't defunct like Stromgarde. i.e. Anasterian in Quel'thalas, and... uh... Okay, that's the only old kingdom that's still around.

People have also suggested Tirion Fordring, but that's also unlikely for similar reasons.

What if they found and raised Sir Zeliek again? I mean, I can't imagine he would be terribly pleased, but if he had free will and was fighting enemies of the living, it'd be nice.

Thoras has also been dead since before the events of WoW, so at least a decade- so the span in which they can bring new Death Knights into the fold seems quite large.
>>
>>46034748
I always thought they were the fire naga dudes in molten core
>>
>>46035227
Stromgarde ends up as the second-largest forsaken city in the world.
>>
File: MournfulForsaken_yaorenwo.jpg (280 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MournfulForsaken_yaorenwo.jpg
280 KB, 1280x720
>>46035227

Anasterian Sunstrider
>cremated

Orgrim Doomhammer
>Both AU and MU probably cremated

Maraad
>cremated

Magni Bronzebeard
>is now diamonds

Archmage Antonidas
>Maybe? Not very martial

Uh... Hm. I got nothin'. Pickings are slim, because most of the WC2 Alliance heroes are alive or MIA.

>>46035299
We'll see just how active it is when DKs in Legion kick down the front gates and kill their way to Thoras' tomb.
>>
>>46035437
I was saying that the DKs would have to fight nearly as many people in Stromgarde as they would in Stormwind.
>>
>>46035506
Though they'd probably opt for something mroe stealthy and diplomatic.

Also a Diamond DK would be pretty fucking badass.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.