[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tgesg/ - Elder Scrolls General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: hilter Dumner.jpg (188 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
hilter Dumner.jpg
188 KB, 1024x576
Nazi Dunmer edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except Naryu Virian
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous kalpa: >>45984189
>>
File: Thalmor_Justiciar.jpg (718 KB, 1024x894) Image search: [Google]
Thalmor_Justiciar.jpg
718 KB, 1024x894
>>46025134
I think you're comparing the wrong race of elf to Nazis here.
>>
File: 1435417812372.jpg (466 KB, 1024x511) Image search: [Google]
1435417812372.jpg
466 KB, 1024x511
>>46026201
It fits so much it hurts.

Is it bad that I'm mad about how Skyrim was so slanted towards the Stormcloaks? You could free Stormcloak prisoners from Imperials, but there wasn't even an option for the reverse. The Imperials are more or less set up as the guys you aren't supposed to like during the tutorial. They (reluctantly, admittedly) work with Nazis. And why would you not work with the Stormcloaks, when much of the game speaks strongly of their culture and history?

It's sad because I really do like the Imperials and their realpolitik. I enjoy how Legate Rikke has her troubles about which side she's serving, compared to the Stormcloak second who's really just a warrior. I like how General Tulius is intelligent and able to twist the arms of allies with political grace as much as military force. Very Imperial. They could have done more with them - they're not as multicultural as they should be - but I feel they weren't given a fair amount of focus.
>>
>>46028311
For all their love of Talos, they seem to ignore that he founded the bloody Empire, and would probably want to keep it intact.
>>
>>46028311
I especially love how the Thalmor are built up to be the main big villain of the game... then by the end of the game you pretty much do NOTHING in terms of opposing them, except crashing a dinner party.

But, yeah, no, I guess the generic uninspired HURR DURR EVIL DRAGON plot thread was more important and make the focus of the entire game... even though the dragons kinda fucked off for the entire plot after the intro anyway.
>>
>>46028389
But what's an Empire without free Talos worship?! Not that the Empire hadn't been looking away as they secretly continued worship of Talos, up until Ulfric made it impossible to ignore that it was happening...

>>46028420
I think that was the problem with just having essentially two main plots running at once, and the real villain behind one of them honestly being rather lackluster. What else were you going to do? Turn the Thalmor into another Mythic Dawn? Maybe have them be House Dagoth?

Then again, you could argue the whole problem was the sudden 200 year timeskip that had never happened before in previous games, and how little had really been done with it. Who knows?
>>
>>46028420
For all the fun I get bushwhacking their patrols, it does feel a little hollow when I can't truly strike back at them in a meaningful way.

What ever became of UESRPG's dev team? Have they stopped working on it?
>>
Something never really sat right with me about the Thalmor's ban of Talos worship. It is a measurable quantity that he's a god, given his shrines cure disease and grant a boon, albeit one that only the Dragonborn or Nord Tongues can truly reap.
>>
>>46028590
I don't understand - what's your problem with it? Banning his worship goes right along with their plans - in the short term, weakening humanity until they're easily conquered and destroyed. In the long term, destroying reality.
>>
>>46028640
Destroying related is a utterly stupid end-goal to begin with. Easily some of the weakest writing in the entire series.
>>
>>46028640
Huh. I didn't know that last part. Trying to go the way of the Dwemer, huh?
>>
>>46028667
The short explanation is that the Altmer (or certain factions of them like the Thalmor) believe they're descended from the Aedra. They believe when Lorkhan "tricked" the Aedra into creating Nirn, this robbed them of their power and trapped them into mortal lives of humiliation and suffering.

The Thalmor believe by destroying everything that holds Nirn together (The Towers, which is way too long to explain here, save that Talos is involved) they will eventually regain their status as god-like beings free of the prison of mortality and physical existence.

Like I said, literally some of the most garbage writing in the entire series.
>>
File: 1435952634349.jpg (189 KB, 700x866) Image search: [Google]
1435952634349.jpg
189 KB, 700x866
>>46028665
It makes sense to me - they still somehow have a lingering racial memory of the time before everything...happened, really. They decide that the only way to return to that time is by destroying everything to return things to back when they were equal with the gods - when there was nothing to be higher or lower, because nothing was.

I don't know if they started rewriting things for Skyrim, but you can see how in Altmer religion they were apparently taught to view reality as a horrible place that separated them from the gods. It's all a rather darkly funny idea of a suicidal death wish brought about by a misinterpretation of what their racial memory of the past was - of course they couldn't imagine a complete and utter lack of what made of the world they're in now, so they thought of Old Ehlnofey - a paradise.

>>46028667
Eh, more like the Dwemer denied the gods and wanted to create their own/move beyond this reality, and the Altmer want to return to a time where there was no reality.
>>
>>46028739
That image has me thinking the best way to solve this is through a thorough reminder of the pleasures of life.
>>
File: SR-npc-Taarie.jpg (428 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
SR-npc-Taarie.jpg
428 KB, 1080x1080
>>46028777
Just remember - this is the only Altmer available for marriage in vanilla Skyrim.
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting.gif (350 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting.gif
350 KB, 500x282
>>46029060
>>
File: 1387512935822.jpg (47 KB, 602x850) Image search: [Google]
1387512935822.jpg
47 KB, 602x850
>>46029088
They're never as cute as in the art, anon.

Go with a dunmer girl. At least they're close.
>>
>>46028494
Dude, 200 year time skip. That shitright there was the worst.

New setting, new characters, NEW HISTORY, how the fuck am I supposed to feel attached to anything? I have no reason to help anyone, I don't care how you heave this shit ass chosen one title on me from the get go, or how every person who talks to me has a Daedric quest for me. The whole world is so thuroughly detached there's no fucking way I feel like doing anything even related to these heavy handed plots.
>>
>>46028311
I kinda feel the opposite. In the surface everything seems slanted towards the Stormcloaks, but then it just stops. All the stromcloak jarls are shit, everyone keeps telling me Ulfric is a scam, that the stormcloaks want to genocide every non-nord, that they aren't actually fighting for anything else than no imperial taxes and free talos worship.

All the imperial jarls have quests and stories associated with them while the stormcloak jarsls consist of:
a racist jailer, some miner, clan head that just stands about, senile old man, warmongering senile old man, ulfric and miss in-mavens-pocket. Oh and that guy sitting outside the college.
I admit I haven't played the stormcloak side yet, but when imperials win The argonians and dunmer in windhelm arent opressed and non-nord shopkeepers are fine.
The stormcloaks are boring and morally worse. If they actually were different from the imperials and interesting I'd probably play them, but now the civil war just feels like imperials vs violent, fairer imperials who go off about nonexistent traditions every 5 seconds
>>
>>46028311
>>46029451
I guess what im trying to say is I feel stormcloaks have no depth or any reason to support them other than "I guess I can pray to talos in public now"
>>
>>46028420
The way the Thalmor are set up in Skyrim, as a faction that primarily uses political power, is basically totally incompatible with the quest structure Skyrim uses.
>>46028516
Killing the patrols can never be very satisfying if they don't seem important to the faction they're associated with.
>>46029451
The games overall slant is definitely more pro-empire than anything else.
I'm not that bothered by one faction clearly being worse than another but the general shallowness of their quests really annoyed me.
>>
>>46029451
This. But as. Khahiit, I've never felt any compulsion to help the empire either, except for money, and arguably the civil war is better for money and opportunities anyway.
>>
>>46028590
The thing is that Talos destroyed the previous Dominium which they were really proud of, so it's basicly a revenge. It's a bit like Congress of Vienna in 1815 when all the countries conquered by Napoleon now reclaimed they former power and basicly almost tried to rewrite history pretending that Napoleon never existed.
>>
>>46028516
Nah, Seth just has other things to concentrate right now
http://uesrpg.blogspot.de/2016/02/state-of-project.html
>>
File: 1454283805212.jpg (104 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454283805212.jpg
104 KB, 680x1000
>>46029158
>no qt ashen grillz
>no courting a qt dunmer waifu
>no convincing her that she only needs your cock
>no kinky bondage sex in the name of Mephala
>no alteration for maximum pleasure
>no reason to live
Wake me up inside /tg/
>>
R E M A N
E
M
A
N
>>
File: its_massacre_o_clock.jpg (49 KB, 525x438) Image search: [Google]
its_massacre_o_clock.jpg
49 KB, 525x438
>>46031013
R E M A N
E E
M M
A A
N N
>>
Is there any cool lore about Cathnoquey?
>>
>>46030163
Shit taste anon.

Molag Bal is your bdsm god anyway.
>>
I can't be the only Dragonborn who just looked at the civil war and went 'fuck it'?

I took a look at both sides, and, ta-da! No one is right. The only people who are objectively WRONG are the Thalmor, and the only way to hurt them, as one of the Blades tells you early on, is to stop the war entirely. So I made a bee-line for the main quest and forced them to play nice.

Of course, now the main quest is done, and they're still at each other's throats. The Imperials have the better long-term goal, but I REALLY hate the Thalmor.
>>
File: 1355166514405.jpg (69 KB, 627x429) Image search: [Google]
1355166514405.jpg
69 KB, 627x429
Holy shit are we actually still discussing the Skyrim civil war.
Because that entire plot-line was irredeemably stupid from the moment they introduced it and I tried my hardest to completely ignore it at every opportunity.

Even if you put aside all the dumb shit that's already been pointed out time and again it doesn't even make sense for you to join either faction in context. There's zero justifiable reason to support the Stormcloaks unless you happen to be a Nord and the Imperials almost cut your fucking head off before the game even started.
>>
File: rare_vekh.png (98 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
rare_vekh.png
98 KB, 354x363
>>46032190
I'm with you on that, man. Wasn't there some hint at Ulfric practically being an unknowing Thalmor pawn? I think the idea was that some of the events had been engineered to coerce a revolution out of the Stormcloaks which in turn would weaken the Empire further since it'd be up to them to put it down.

Either way, I was thoroughly disappointed in Skyrim's lack of interesting politics. Bethesda's engine isn't made for cool, large-scale heroics, so it's absolutely beyond me why they even tried that.

Pic related when I look at the list of factions in Morrowind.
>>
>>46032190

I'm surprised there wasn't an option to tell both sides"fuck off, I'M in charge now". I mean Ysmir, Allysia, Reman, the Septims. All the previous Dragonborn ended up running shit. You. . . you kill a few dragons and put someone else on a throne. What if I want to be High King? What if I want to march down to White Gold Tower and proclaim myself Emperor? And then Shout the Thalmor flat while riding Odahviing around the Summerset Isles setting shit on fire?

I know ES game design would never allow those things, but fuck it when Parthy tells me "That Dragon Soul is gonna make you want to conquer and dominate instinctively" at least pay lip service to the idea
>>
My head canon ending is the Dragonborn joining the Stormcloaks, ousting Ulfric and crowning himself/herself High King of Skyrim. Tullius and his legionaries are pardoned and a general amnesty declared. After that the Dragonborn declares himself the new Emperor and marches south on the Imperial City. The Elder Council panics and confirms the Dragonborn as Emperor. The Dragonborn Emperor then goes on a crusade against the Aldermeri Dominion.
>>
>>46032413

My thought is that the Dragonborn DLC (which basically starts you on the 'march and conquer' path) occurs after the main questline, and the Dragonborn's conquest of Tamriel (which DOES happen, Tiber Septim did it and he didn't even have dozens of dragon souls to chow down on in his time, which means YOU'RE MORE POWERFUL THAN HE EVER WAS; by the end you could probably achieve CHIM by sneezing) occurs after the game, because as satisfying as it is, conquering the world is actually really boring from a personal point of view.

You make alliances, backstab people, assassinate people, curry favor, send in the army, then the lawyers, diplomacy diplomacy diplomacy. A warlord who actually takes the field is doing it either because he's done everything else first and is taking a break, or because he's doing it wrong.
>>
File: NORD AND PROUD.png (36 KB, 328x398) Image search: [Google]
NORD AND PROUD.png
36 KB, 328x398
>>46028311
>all these milkdrinker replies
>>
>>46032371
The Dossier on Ulfric labels him an "Uncooperative Asset" due to the time they captured him during the great war the tortured him for some unimportant information and then told him what they got from him was crucial in taking the Imperial city

The same dossier says (iirc) recent attempts to reestablish contact have only pushed him further away from their control
>>
>>46032669
I'm disappointed Bethesda didn't let you show it to Ulfric, honestly.
>>
>>46031956
>Molag Bal
>House of Troubles
>Dunmer God
Also
>not wanting to fug qt dunmer maidens
Purge N'wah
>>
>>46032554
>Tiber Septim did it and he didn't even have dozens of dragon souls to chow down on in his time, which means YOU'RE MORE POWERFUL THAN HE EVER WAS

Speaking of Power, Paarthurnax's lectures on Dragon culture basically confirm that their social status is depending on how powerful they are and that they instinctively fall in line under a Dov with the stronger Thuum (ergo why so many are following Alduin's plans to destroy the world)

By the end of the main quest you have a) Killed Alduin and b) Either killed Paarthurnax or earned his gratitude. So not only have you chowed down on a buffet of souls but you are probably the most dominant Dova on Mundus at that point, making you either the de facto leader of all Dov or at least considered Paarthurnax's equal if he is running the show.

Checkmate elves
>>
>>46032769
Could it be that in The Elder Scrolls VI, we'll play in an empire established by the Last Dragonborn?
>>
>>46032716
I think that was a fairly traumatic experience for Ulfric

They broke him with torture just for basic troop positions then told him it lead to the deaths of his fellows

Probably a lot of what he's trying to do: Fight the Thalmor, reestablish Talos worship, restore the old empire, is a reaction to the guilt and shame the Thalmor made him feel

That said I wonder what he would say?
>>
>>46029060 Let's be honest though, none of the skyrim npc's are really that attractive without modding. Even the supposedly beautiful women like Alva or karliah or whatsherface from the bards college aren't that good looking. that's what mods are for.
>>
>>46032830
Not a chance unless Beth pulls a really dumb retcon, like the LDB using the Mehrunes Razor to erase their race/sex/past in order to escape Mora.
>>
File: I_swear_they_took_my_ring.png (282 KB, 539x400) Image search: [Google]
I_swear_they_took_my_ring.png
282 KB, 539x400
>>46032998
What's the deal with that DLC anyway? I barely remember what happened at all, and I sure as shit don't remember what either Herma-Mora or Miraak said.
>>
>>46033039
Morrowind and Bloodmoon nostalgia pandering, and even that left a lot to be desired because Bethesda brought back Neloth of all fucking people, with genius lines such as "I've never been to the mainland myself".
>>
>>46033135
Well, they barely did a half-decent job. The guards in Raven Rock didn't even wear Redoran bonemold (let alone actual bonemold, it looked more like dragonbones split in two), nor were they carrying Redoran shields.
>>
File: 1435650308305.jpg (189 KB, 542x885) Image search: [Google]
1435650308305.jpg
189 KB, 542x885
>>46029283
The old games were partially cool because you knew things were happening in sequence - you could somewhat see the effects the last game had on your current timeline, or at least feel satisfied knowing that you really did save the world in Morrowind or something. I knew it was coming to an end when Uriel died, but still.

Probably the worst feeling in an open-world game is one where you wish it wasn't so open world. You don't care to make choices, or you don't want to. No faction makes you go 'Stormcloaks 4 lyfe' or something like that. Like, I kind of want to be a werewolf, but the Companions rub me the wrong way - even though by all rights I have no reason to not like them, since they're proud warriors with connection to a clan of witches from High Rock - that should be cool. Why doesn't that feel cool? Why doesn't hunting dragons feel cool, compared to hunting down musty artifacts for the sake of defeating Dagoth Ur? Am I just too jaded and cynical, or is something legitimately wrong with me?
>>
>>46029283
This, thank you. I was barely aware of what Morrowind was about, and I didn't really enjoy Oblivion all that much when it finally rolled around, but the lack of connection between Skyrim and everything else (plus the fact that I'm burned out on dragons, I guess) really takes the fun out of it.
>>
>>46034120
What's the story behind the pic? I seem to remember it being the last silt strider or something.
>>
File: 1435653606581.jpg (2 MB, 655x4622) Image search: [Google]
1435653606581.jpg
2 MB, 655x4622
>>46034859
I honestly don't remember, but that seems to be the jist of it. The last silt-strider being brought to Solsthiem, and reminding the dunmer there of home.
>>
File: Elder Scrolls Altmer mage.jpg (64 KB, 600x933) Image search: [Google]
Elder Scrolls Altmer mage.jpg
64 KB, 600x933
>>46029060
Console commands can unlock a finished but unimplemented quest called research thief (or download the mod) to marry Feralda or Nirya

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23971/?
>>
File: thalmor supremacy.jpg (208 KB, 1500x1241) Image search: [Google]
thalmor supremacy.jpg
208 KB, 1500x1241
>>46032566
>not accepting the rule of your rightful betters.
>>
>>46034120
We got old.
>>
>>46031013
>>
File: 4933203-1052517531-13987.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4933203-1052517531-13987.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>>46038501
So on Pelinal, he's from the future, and he's powered by the amulet of kings, correct? When is he from? The amulet was destroyed, so could he feasibly come from beyond the end of the 3rd era? Was another made specifically for him? Is there just loads of time fuckery because Akatosh?
>>
>>46038827
We don't know why Pelinal was made or why he specifically was chosen by the et'Ada to go Terminator on knife-ears. As he's also one of the 500 companions and even has a dragon name during his second return we can assume that Akatosh either overshot when sending him back and accidentally placed him in the Merethic, that he wasn't meant to help just Alessia (though why he'd be in Atmora and serve Ysgramor who isn't even a Shezzarine is weird) or that there were multiple Pelinals, most likely due to Dragon Breaks.
The Amulet of Kings is his power-core, and it was actually constructed in the future for him to use and first appeared in history with Pelinal. How a mining robot would become a Shezzarine I don't know - either Talos did something or the Aedra did something really dumb like trapping The Void Ghost in a suit of plate armor, giving him the Amulet as a substitute heart and launching him into the past.
>>
>>46039034
Oh, he wasn't a mining robot. At least, that we know. Him having advanced military tech means he probably wasn't.
>>
>>46025134
Last time I saw dunmer discussed on /tg/ they were being compared to jews
>>
>>46039077
Well KINMUNE was the AI for a mining colony and look what she was able to do. She traveled back in time and founded the Aldmeri Dominion.
>>
>>46032723
Whatever skinfag, have your gross necrofeliacs, you'll still have to subject yourself to the needs of the Telvanni lords, of which I am, for test subjects, which I need.
>>
I'm going to try to explain what happened to the dwarves to a friend, please correct me or tell me if I am missing a crucial detail.

>dwarves are race of nihilistic atheists
>decide to unmake the world because it isn't real >make a giant mecha god called numidium
>perform ritual to be absorbed into the god shell to power it
>they dissapear, nobody knows if it actually worked
>yagrum bagarn shows up home alone style and catches corpus.

Also not sure what happened to numidium, I vaguely remember talos using it to fuck shit up for a while.
>>
>>46041173
I don't think they wanted to be absorbed into it, they were going to use the Heart of Lorkhan to power it.
>>
>>46041173
There's a theory that Talos became a god by using the numidium.
>>
>>46041173
Talos was told about it by the dunmer and decided it was time to finish conquering Tamriel after he and Ysmir had a marital dispute. So, he got back with Ysmir, then proceeded to soul trap him and jam him in Numidium because he was too lazy to find the heart of Lorkhan.

He also indirectly killed Arctus who proceeded to come back as the Underking and fuck shit up so Talos had to pound him to death with the Numidium and destroyed it in the process.
>>
File: 1419391497727.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1419391497727.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>46041693
>arctus
>underking
>>
>>46041768
>The Underking is the name given to the undead form of either Zurin Arctus, the Imperial Battlemage of Emperor Tiber Septim, after his betrayal near the end of the Second Era; or Ysmir Wulfharth, an ancient King of Skyrim who has lived many lives and was also betrayed by Tiber Septim. Although the Underking could very well contain a soul consisting of both individuals.
>>
>>46041693
The Numidium was powered by a fusion of Ysmir and Arctus's souls.
What remained of them combined to form the underking.
>>
Wait wait wait, Ysmir isn't a shezzar?

Can we have a list of known shezzars? I've been at this for 3 years and I still can't keep this shit straight.
>>
>>46042346
Ysmir is an odd one... I'd argue he wasn't a shezzarine during his own life, but when his myths began to bleed into those of his compatriots, it... changed things.

>>46041693
Numidium doesn't really get destroyed upon use, so much as catapulted through time and space and made inactive, ready to be discovered again by someone else. If I'm not mistaken, the prevailing theory about the Nerevarine's expedition to Akavir after Morrowind was that they'd gone there in pursuit of the Numidium, though we're never given a reason as to what exactly lead them to believe it was on that continent. Considering there hasn't been another Dragon Break(...that we know of, they're fundamentally hard to keep track of) during the games' timeline, we can assume it wasn't found again any time soon.
>>
>>46042509
Is it possible the Nerevarine did find it, but didn't use it/kept it isolated?

Also, please tell me about Ysmir, I'm pretty rusty.
>>
I thought /tgesg/ was limited to the weekends.
>>
>>46042598
It's always possible. It's equally possible s/he did use it, and the sudden Hist-lead Argonian occupation of Morrowind, the calamity of Red Mountain, the dramatic rise of a new Aldmeri Dominion, the Great Collapse of Winterhold, the total disappearance of Vivec without a trace or any other number of weird goings on during the timeskip weren't 'natural' occurrences at all. Part of me wonders if the uncharacteristic timeskip is precisely because it lets them leave all that ambiguous.

As for Ysmir, it's hard to talk about him specifically because again, nearly all the written in-universe lore considers Ysmir/Hjalti/Tiber Septim to be the same and it's difficult to ever say for sure. What little there is that doesn't mesh with the others is that he was an Atmoran-born High King of Skyrim who seemed to elude death.
"Legends claim that an evil god once made him (and all of Skyrim) into children, and when Wulfharth found a way to cure his people, he inadvertently made himself extremely old and died (for the first time). He led the invasion of Resdayn (modern-day Morrowind) and fought at the Battle of Red Mountain, where he was killed again."
Some suggest that Ysmir was a title for this apparent second incarnation, an undead being who could be the first example of the chain of undead Shezzarrines who would become collectively known as The Underking.
>>
File: 1434964018019.png (578 KB, 742x1144) Image search: [Google]
1434964018019.png
578 KB, 742x1144
>>46042823
Eh, it grows in and out as people want to discuss. Considering the thread isn't too active, I'd let it slide.

>>46042916
Even the second story - with the 'truth' about Talos and Ysmir - is written from an in-universe perspective, and has probably been distorted by time or even was a fake intentionally written up later to cast doubt on Tiber Septim, or to more directly tie the founding of the Empire to the Nords than the Imperials.
>>
>>46039034
>multiple pelinals
>Mass produced Pelinal
>one level in a future TES is the Pelinal factory
>>
>>46034120
>>46035225
This tugs at my heartstrings more than I'd like to admit.
>>
>>46042916
>It's equally possible s/he did use it
You know, this makes sense. I hadn't thought about this before. I figured it was just Todd being lazy.
>>
Why should people care if the Towers fall or not?
>>
>>46046447
Because they dont want this reality to end.
>>
Guys, who's Chim?
>>
>>46047877

Chon's brother. Married some jick named Cholene.
>>
>>46047877
Chim, also known as Vive Chim, is a Dunmer that runs the ALMSIVI Tribunal, a competitor of the Black Horse Courier, out of Morrowind. He's the head reporter and is very good at coming up with great stories. His other friends, Alma Lex and Sill run the other aspects of the operation, with Sill working the printing press and Alma bringing in subscriptions. Other members of the news team, that were fired or left for one reason or another, are Nerev the ex-chief editor left to form his own newspaper and Dago the paperboy that was skimming the profits.
>>
>>46025134
It's a weekday
Not weekend
You broke the fucking dragon
>>
>>46028739
Are those Altmer or Dwemer?
>>
>>46049737
A hand reference for dwemer is that they allways have that babylonian beard, even the women.
>>
Anyone have the Bosmer concept drawings?
>>
File: BosmerConceptArt.jpg (68 KB, 638x720) Image search: [Google]
BosmerConceptArt.jpg
68 KB, 638x720
>>46049867
>>
>>46049905
Yes thank you
>>
>>46049905
It makes me sad that they are treated like generic wood elves in game when they have so much uniqueness in the lore.
>>
>>46049931
It's like Khajiits. They're never going to have all the breeds in one game, or even half of them. Laziness and hardware limitations.
>>
>>46049905
Would have been interesting if the bosmer women exclusively bred with non-bosmer men due to their ugliness. The result would either be beautiful bosmer daughters or a hideous mutant you throw in the bushes for the wolves to raise or bury in a ditch behind the barn. Make actual bosmer men very rare, often feral and a hatred for whatever race their father was that rejected them.
>>
>>46043732
It's still entirely possible Tod was, and we're just filling in the blanks till they get desperate and hire Kirk back on to write a few more books to make sense of their next hack and slash adventure.
>>
>>46050111
MK is buried in minecraft storytime for Telltale games. They're not going to let him go until they siphon every last drop of creativity, leaving him a burned out husk that even the ash ghouls would feel sorry for.
>>
>>46050168
>minecraft storytime for Telltale games
That thing any good?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-06-59-00.png (426 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-06-59-00.png
426 KB, 1440x2560
>>46050199
>minecraft
>storytime
Probably not
>>
>>46050168
>MK is buried in minecraft storytime for Telltale games.
Wait what? What a waste. Shit.

Also, I think I read somewhere that some of the habbenings in the 200 Year timeskip were ideas of MK
>>
>tuesday
What the fuck, is this the /tesg/ crowd?
>>
>>46050423
The kalpic cycle has ended, Nirn is ending!
That or someone just forgot and didn't realise the last thread was made on Sunday so it barely counted. I suppose an occassional hiccup like this is fine - the only reason for the weekend rule was a lack of new things to discuss, and that hasn't honestly changed even since it started being done.

>>46049905
Every time I see old concept art or side-art done by MK and his waifu, I wonder how much peyote that man has growing in his shed.

>>46043166
"Remember? Hasta la vista, elfy?"
"THAT WAS A DIFFERENT P-101 UNIT."
>>
>>46028389
He doesn't you s'wit. Play Morrowind.
>>
Why are there all these Skyrimfags?
>>
>>46050423
All they're talk about is the Civil War, and how the ebil Thalmors are worst stealth archers, and steal Nords sweetrolls like milk drinkers.
So yes.
>>
>>46049905
Is that boarmer going pomf?
>>
>>46051596
What are we going to do on the canopy?!
B-but that's my second aperture!
>>
>>46051596
>Wah!
>What are gonna do on the tree?
>Boiche =3
>>
>>46025134
It's not the weekend.
I'll go with it anyways, but you should think about your actions.

Also, why is everyone talking about Skyrim? It's not even worthwhile until the next game is released.
>>
>Feeling like playing one of the older games again
>Not up for the time investment
Happen to anyone else?
>>
>>46049905
One day I'll make a face replacer with these.
>>
>>46051683
How old?
I still play Morrowind to this day.
I'm not going to play Redguard, but very rarely I'll pick up Daggerfall.
>>
>>46051718
Mostly just Morrowind and Oblivion, they're old in the sense they're not new.
>>
>>46028311
Couldn't even be a storm cloak after I found out their leader was a fucking spy anyway
>>
>>46051646
Probably because for all the genericism of Skyrim, it was still better than Oblivion for that, and a lot more tidbits about the overall cosmological lore got dropped either in Skyrim itself or in the extra MK texts that came around the same time.
Really, it's probably the most balanced TES game, being somewhat generic on the surface but having the three main quests (Skyrim/DG/DB) hint at a LOT of more esoteric goings on and repercussions behind the scenes, such as the unprecedented defeat of Alduin at the end of the MQ extending the kalpa much longer than any that has come before it, the focus on Auri-El in Dawnguard giving us more information about that aspect of Aka and how he was able to escape to Aetherius alongside the Magne-Ge by exploiting the same kind of time-fuckery that made Akatosh "always exist" after his creation/reimagining by Alessia, or how Dragonborn gives more insight into Herma-Mora, the Nordic aspect of the Daedra of Forbidden Knowledge, and his connection to the Aka-shards as a being formed of detritus concepts from outside of Time.

It's also basically the first time we've played as an all-but-confirmed Shezarrine, though the Champion of Cyrodiil could be argued for as well, particularly with regards to the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles quests.

Basically, we talk about Skyrim because it's newer, the full implications of its contributions to the lore haven't been fully fleshed out yet, and there's a lot more there under the surface than first meets the eye. Oblivion had less cosmological tidbits overall to go on other than the stuff concerning the Ayleid/Amulet of Kings/Pelin-El connection, and Morrowind's lore is pretty well-understood by most of us by now.
>>
File: Talos is great.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Talos is great.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>46051794
Only time I can't be a Stormcloak is when I'm not playing a Nord, a Nord who isn't a nationalist. Otherwise...

TALOS IS GREAT!
BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT TALOS!
TALOS BE WITH YOU!
>>
>>46051646
Im talking about it because I want to fix it. Not talking about problems is just going to make them worse. They'll grow mold and fester and everytime you look back at it, it will look worse.
>>
>>46051939
>being somewhat generic
>somewhat

Skyrim's "cosmological lore" was cheap as fuck and took a shit on the previously established one too. They're not even trying to be subtle anymore.
TES6 lore will be ESO-tier, mark my words.
>>
>>46051727
Play Morrowind.
I'm serious. Play it. Mod it. Make the combat baby-tier if you need to. Just play it. You'll thank yourself for playing it.
>>
>>46052031
>Playing Drunk rapists with with a room-temperature IQ and nose social skills beyond "bawdy joke punctuated with a fart".
>>
>>46052168
>Make the combat baby-tier
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>46052307
>Not playing a multitude of characters
>Including "drunk rapists with with a room-temperature IQ and nose social skills beyond "bawdy joke punctuated with a fart"
Besides playing a female Stormcloak is fun, beating all those muhsoggyknee-istic Imperials is fun
>>
>>46052523
Hey, if it gets him to play it, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>46033039
A little late to the party, but Dragonborn has a ton of implications that were cut out for some reason.

The fight with Miraak orginally gave you a choice, kill him and be a slave to Mora, or save him by shouting bend will a hundred times and fight your way out of Apocrapha.
A mod restores the content, even has custom voice acting to fill in the holes.
Miraak and his cult become followers, and now you have the literal Alpha and Omega fighting together.
There would have to be a serious retcon for the Dragonborn Duo to not rule Tamriel after that.
>>
>>46052523
>Pick a breton
>put stats into strength and endurance
>grab lady stone
>major skill spears
>try to use spears
>hit every 1/20 times
To be Breton is to be suffering.
>>
>>46052617
What? Bother the Empire and the Stormcloaks respect both genders.

Also, Orcs are litteral Shit-elves, doesn't mean I have to play one when I could play as one of the better races.
>>
>>46052747
Then learn to manage your stamina, mong.
>>
>>46052757
Only Stormcloaks have female troops, all the Imperials have is Rikke.

Why not play as an Orc, given everyone's disposition towards them its actually a more unique experience.
>>
>>46052747
Pick spear as a major skill, boost agility and luck, and be born under the warrior. Also keep fatigue up, and continue to level up agility and use food and restore fatigue potions regularly.

Or you could play as the mage master race, which Bretons excel at.
>>
>>46052837
That's the only downside to having such well defined races like Morrowind, its really difficult to play against type. Being pigeonholed into a warrior, caster or thief.
>>
>>46052799
That's not my-soggy-knees, just a lack of mannish hairy chested women.

Also, SHIT. ELVES. LIKE ACTUAL SHIT, NOT JUST A METAPHORE.
>>
>>46051794
People are for some reason unable to accurately read Ulfric's Dossier

It says he's "Uncooperative" and "dormant"

"A Stormcloak victory is also to be avoided" etc

He's not a spy
>>
>>46053043
Yet I'd rather play an Orc before a Dunmer or worse, an Altmer.
>>
>>46053288
This has to be b8.
If it's not, you really need to play Morrowind.
>>
>>46053096
He's a passive asset.
He was tortured into believing that he betrayed the Empire already.
Then got his ego flared up by the Jarl of Markarth and the Silverbloods (who all conveniently actually have ties to the Thalmor).

He then committed a massacre on civilians.
Imperials have to give in to his demand to save lives because legion stretched too thin to enter Markarth by force.
Bam! Thalmor already there demanding the arrest of Ulfric because the fucker couldn't just use a shrine in his own house like all other Nords did at that point which the Empire was able to ignore (not to mention leaving a rogue element that committed a massacre to run free is a bad idea for any country).
Attempted arrest fails and Ulfric as salty as he is rides of to Solitude on his ego trip thinking him self the new incarnation of Talos, challenges Torryg to an ''Honorable'' duel where he cheats by using a shout (which is a form of magic and has no place in a duel) after getting bitch-slapped by the ''weak'' king Torryg who was probably trained by a Redguard Swordsage or something.
Pays of a few bards to flare up the story for propaganda, returns to Windhelm (where people are already dissatisfied with immigration etc.), takes over and starts an open rebellion with fresh veterans from the great war willing to serve him cause religious but-hurt.

>>46053096
Yes because it means having two hostile factions not waging an endless war against each other but building up power instead to fight the Thalmor.
>>
>>46053563
I've played Morrowind, I'd still play an Orc before a Dunmer. Playing an Orc is usually a more unique experience with everyone having derogatory things to say to an Orc, being a Dunmer in Morrowind is like an Imperial in Oblivion, or Nord in Skyrim not much changes if anything.
>>
>>46053688
You're that guy who only plays as Nosferatus in WoD, aren't you.
>>
>>46053724
I've never played WoD so I can't say I am that guy.
>>
>>46053741
It's pretty good. Mage the Awakening is top-tier with the right GM.
>>
>>46053908
Interesting, I don't exactly see how this relates to TES.
>>
>>46053288
Why don't you like Dunmer or Altmer?
>>
>>46053981
When has /tg/ ever been on topic?
But yeah, more lore.
>>
>>46025134
Total newfag but-what was the deal with the Eye of Magnus, anyway; was the infinite mana thing hyperbole or not?

What could Ancano have done with that much magical power if he hadn't been a videogame boss? He certainly didn't look like he could solo Alduin or Miraak. Would it be comparable to CHIM?
>>
>>46054017
It's the shell of KINMUNE, I believe. I could be wrong.
Also, having having a direct line of magicka from Aetherius doesn't mean you see the wheel on its side. I'd think incredibly powerful, but once again, that stuff it's hard to determine.
>>
>>46053985
As player characters neither a good experience, yeah they got all this fanciful lore good for them but it has absolutely no impact on a player Dunmer or Altmer. Now an Orc will definitely being experiencing the hatred and prejudice and that fits in more closely with being the pariah folk. I don't get why people like Dunmer so much, in Morrowind you're an outsider all the same and they play like boring spellblades.
>>
>>46054079
That's fair. I'm not very certain about what high-end Elder Scrolls conventional magic with a theoretically limitless mana well can do, because all the high-end feats I've heard of involve esoteric things like CHIM and Tonal Architecture and general divine fuckery getting involved rather than one wizard with all the mana.
>>
>>46054233
To be fair, there's very little separating a high-end wizard from a god and vice versa, considering magic can do near anything due to being fucking magic.
>>
>>46054209
Well, when I play a Dunmer, I feel I can get more into the RP aspect in that I know their culture very in-depth, as well as different attitudes Dunmer have for different things. Spell-blades, I find, tend to be a bit more interesting than sword and board.
As for Altmer, it tends to be fun to play as somebody trying to get used to a new life without all an Altmer would find dear. Maybe a petty noble who was framed, and now roams Cyrodil, looking for a position in the the Mages Guild, and adjusting to not having a painting goblin in his basement.
Just me, though. I normally play mages or magey people, so it's probably different.
>>
>>46053670
>shout
>not belonging in a duel
>magic

You a redguard, boy? "Honor" is essential in a duel.
"Honor" equals honesty.
Does your enemy know you're going to kill him? If the answer is yes, go ahead and try boy. If someone is willing to kill for their cause, who am I to judge them? If someone else has a problem with that, they're free to do the same as he did.
Life is harsh and don't you ever think siting around and crying, waiting to die, is going to help.
>>
>>46054520
>Not knowing about Redguard honor.
>Not reading or knowing about Cyrus.
>>
>>46052744
Really? Link to mod?
>>
>>46054289
If anything, being a powerful wizard is possibly the 'safer' option - things like CHIM or tonal architecture can literally Unmake you if you screw up or don't totally commit, or you could accidentally rouse the Godhead if your display of power is TOO bombastic.
Convential Aetherial magic is more limited in many ways and requires a good reserve of magicka to use effectively, but it's also more controllable and probably requires less in the way of force of will and concentration, though it DOES still require both to a respectable degree.

Honestly, I'm also not convinced Ancano even was truly after the Eye of Magnus for power's sake, at least not at first. It's possible he may have recognised it from illustrations or writings from the time of the original Aldmeri Dominion - after all, KINMUNE was integral in its founding.
>>
>>46054017
>What could Ancano have done with that much magical power if he hadn't been a videogame boss?
I figured he was trying to enact the "un-make reality" plan right then and there.
>>
Guys,what was Cyrodiil like fluff-wise *before* Oblivion came out?
>>
>>46054892
Magic is what gods use.
Magic is convincing reality that things should be different. Shouting is magic, Tonal Architecture is magic, etc.
In the end of the day, a wizard is just a very low ranking god, which many recognize since mortality is subgradient to godhood in the same sense.
>>
>>46054985
>un-make reality

Wait, the Eye is THAT big of a deal? Because that's the kind of thing I'd expect even a Daedric Prince to have trouble with-or at least needed a convoluted plot to pull off rather than just going BAM, MAGIC'D.

Well, apart from Sheogoreth maybe.
>>
>>46055006
A jungle.
It was like the Ming Dynasty mixed with Rome, with legionnaires wearing tiger skins over their armor as a sign of strength, farmers fanning boats of crops to and fro, priests walking in clouds of ancestor moths, golden bridges, and shrubs trimmed into faces that talk.
Read some of the earlier guides and the Guide to Tamriel from Morrowind on the Imperial Library.
>>
>>46055071
Considering that only a few of the towers are still standing by the time of Skyrim, it might be possible. Of course, even if he couldn't go all the way through with it, the damage would make the great collapse and the eruption of Red Mountain put together look like nothing.
>>
>>46055102
I'll be sure to check it out. What about the Imperial City itself, I remember reading somewhere that the island it's on is supposed to be the size of the UK or something?
>>
>>46055071
We really can't be sure. I thought the same thing as that guy when I actually did the quest, but I've revised my opinion since then.

If the Eye really is the Shell of KINMUNE, that'd make it Ninth Era magitech. We don't know the full extent of just how FUBAR magic in that era is, but considering KINMUNE's descent is mentioned in association with the Jills and Hist and their conflicts, any kind of artifact of that type would probably be incredibly powerful by the standards of the second to fourth eras.

That said, powerful enough to reverse the Convention and unmake Mundus? I doubt it somehow. Not by itself.
>>
File: Bosmer slave girl what do.jpg (1 MB, 2368x2000) Image search: [Google]
Bosmer slave girl what do.jpg
1 MB, 2368x2000
You find a Bosmer girl with her hands bound, what do?
>>
New guy here, what would be a good place to start for lore on magic in ES?
>>
>>46055208
The size is debatable, but the Imperial City is the largest in Tamriel.
The golden bridges and animated shrubs are in the Imperial City, as well as about anything you could imagine. There are quite a few bathhouses, with a particular one being a natural spring in the side of a mountain, if I recall. That was from Last Year of the 2nd era, so check and make sure.
>>
>>46055312
Those posts I made last thread for starters.
Other than that, look up the UESP pages for Magic, each school of Magic, the books listed under each of them, and all the skill books that give you points to a school of magic. Also the guide's part about Aetherius.
>>
>>46055376
Thanks anon, you're pretty cool.
>>
>>46054791
On phone now, but search nexus for "Miraak becomes a Follower" or something along those lines.
The thumbnail is Miraak with the dragon armor shout.

It looks flimsy at first, but again, it's only patching holes in cut content, not designing a whole new quest.

As a follower, you can set what shouts he is allowed to use, I warn against Summon Dragon, as he can endlessly summon his dragons and crash the game.
>>
>>46055322
These talking shrubs you speak of... is there any sort of sentience to them, or are they just some kind of magical parlour trick meant to amuse the tourists.
>>
>>46055268
Help them, I'm not into crying, screaming women.
3, 4, and 5 are qts, though. Would hit on with comment about eating meat, probably fail horribly, then cast charm or apply Bug Musk or take out sexual frustration on Golden Seducer I summon.
>>
>>46055411
>endlessly summon dragons

Now have a simultaneous mod up that brings back the cliffracer cloud from oblivion and let the final battle commence.
>>
So, after binge-reading the Imperial Library and playing through modded Skyrim again, I came to wonder:
Do you think we'll ever get a TES game whose central conflict hinges on a specific culture's mythopeia, rather than the 'collective' one that makes up the Imperial pantheon and their views of the Aedra and Daedra? One of the big draws to Morrowind for a lot of people on /tg/ seems to be not just the esoteric lore and the setting, but also the fact that it dealt with the Tribunal, Nerevar and the Sharmat, deities and demigod-heroes who we knew far less about than the Divines or the Daedra at the time. It also flipped some of the Daedra on their heads, given the Dunmer revere several that the rest of Tamriel consider evil or not worth acknowledging.
D'you guys think a similar approach, taking another lesser-explored cultural paradigm and making them the hinge upon which the new main quest turns could work? Personally, I'd love to see something revolving around the Magne-Ge. Or perhaps more about the Redguard pantheon, as it's one of the most unique due to the blending-together of aspects of other gods and the fact that Redguard culture is the only human one that doesn't see the creation of Mundus as a totally good thing, though nor do they completely agree with the Aldmeri viewpoint of it as being akin to a prison.
Wouldn't mind seeing something based around the Bosmeri or Khajiit beliefs either, but I wouldn't hold my breath for those - Bosmer tend to be unpopular as a whole, and the Khajiit worldview is simply too strange for a 'main' plot point.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>46055521
Yeah, until your computer starts China-syndroming its way through your floor.
>>
>>46055471
Doesn't say, if I recall. Probably works like paintings in Harry Potter.
>>46055391
Yeah, I'm pretty great. I love magic, and I love TES, so it's always nice to see someone who wants to learn more.
>>
>>46055532
I was thinking something similar, but with Blackmarsh.
Blackmarsh is the Serbia of Tamriel, used as a prison for one the worst people. The PCS could start in there until they get a summons, and are dismissed as long as they do a task which is the MQ, but can ultimately just dick around in dark, poisonous swamps with a strange people with strange ways.
>>
>>46055512
I forgot to mention scuttle falling out of my pockets. Oh well.
>>
File: Question.jpg (11 KB, 411x292) Image search: [Google]
Question.jpg
11 KB, 411x292
>>46054892
I have a question: What is tonal architecture?
I have read it being mentioned a few times here but don't know anything about it.
So, what is tonal architecture?

Also, what's KINMUNE? uesp just says that it appears in C0DA, but nothing else besides that.
>>
>>46055705
KINMUNE was a mining colony AI from the 9th Era. Due to some shit with the Hist and 16th-dimensional mathematics, she was sent back in time to the 1st Era. She became an oracle, was locked in Sarthaal and eventually founded the Aldmeri Dominion.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/kinmune
>>
>>46055705

>>46039034
KINMUNE is explainificated up here, basically the TES equivalent of an menial-tasks AI with a superiority complex. Like a less dominatrix SHODAN.

As for tonal architecture, it was a specific form of divine magic practiced almost exclusively by the Dwemer. Whilst I don't fully understand it myself, the basic gist is that it utilised sound, song and their connection to the Aetherial light-stuff of magic to perform impressive magical feats... or to just serve as the lock to a door in the case of that one dungeon in Skyrim. The Dwemer were not known for their belief in safety precautions or ethical experimentation when meddling with forces beyond themselves.
>>
>>46055705
Tonal Architecture is what the Dreyer used, and why Dwemeri things last forever.
They resonated things at a frequency that caused magic, yo.

KINMUNE is a drilling robot from the future who got sent back in time after getting hit by the Hist's math-lasers. She was sealed under Sarthal, killed some Nords, and became an elven queen or something.
Look it up at the Imperial Library. I'm sure it explains it better.
>>
>>46055268
I know exactly why I have this boner.
>>
Why is the Breton Sheor an evil trickster God if the Bretons are by all accounts a pro-creation "race" of men?

The coolest explanation that I can provide is that in High Rock, Magnus and Lorkhan are one and the same - both architect and creator of Mundus, and is a badass Odin-like figure who plucked his own eye out and used the space where it was to create Mundus.
Sheor is his heart which fell out when he left for Aetherius and it's gone insane without a place to be. Occasionally, he comes back to do system maintenance and that's what kalpas are.
>>
>>46055764
>>46055792
>>46055803
Alright, thanks guys.
That's why I like TES, on the surface it's a fairly standard fantasy setting, with a few twists, but if you dig deeper you get some very weird and unique things
>>
>>46055855
A less cool but probably more succinct explanation would simply be that it's a direct result of the intermingling of Mannish and Merish ideas during the period where the Bretons were first emerging as a race unto themselves, rather than simple half-breeds.

Granted, the Bretons are a complicated subject in general - How exactly did they come into being, when it's established that races who can interbreed tend to produce the mother's race? Was it due the involvement of magic, or is something more going on there? And what of the Reachmen? They seem Breton-like on the surface and are treated as such in Skyrim, but are they really, or are they a distinct racial/ethnic group of their own? Who exactly are the Reachman 'Old Gods'? Hircine and Namira both seem like candidates, having ties to appropriate spheres and apparent followings in the Reach, but could there be other explanations?
>>
>>46055969
Bretons are really not one unified culture anywhere, the only things tying them together are their language(s), a talent for magic, culinary and bardic traditions and a shared Direnni legacy. Reachmen are just one of many Nedic tribes with partial mer descent.

Also, there are so many exceptions to Notes on Racial Phylogeny that it's best not to treat it as some bible on interbreeding.

The Reachman Old Gods are completely unknown. Likely Daedra and certain Aedra (like Kyne), but also quite possibly something else entirely, like Aldmeri gods venerated as totemic animals.
>>
>>46052757
>Big
>Strong
>Best damn armorsmiths since the Dwemer
>Live in fortified enclaves because fuck trying to integrate to society
Orsimer best mer.
>>
>>46055855
Not quite.
Elves used to rule Bretons, so Bretons share a lot of the same culture.
In the most likely sense, Sheor is probably different from Talos, so in a weird way that would view one Lorkhanic entity with fear and scorn, but another with pride and reverence.

Now, Breton worship of Y'ffre and Phynaster is a bit different. Only Druids seem to worship Y'ffre as most civilised Bretons don't. Phynaster is worshipped by the Bretons who take more pride in their elven ancestry, and probably live longer as a result of their practice.
>>
LORD FYR
I'M BLADES
>>
>>46056074
Is there any official figure on how old the races can get? Fyr could be over 4,000 years old but he's also a crazy as wizard so he might just be an outlier.
>>
>>46056074
There isn't any precedent in TES for a whole culture shifting from being pro-Lorkhan to anti-Lorkhan, though. The closest would be Veloth's preaching but the would-be Chimer were Daedra (Boethiah) worshippers to begin with so them being typical Aldmer is suspect.

Also, every single race of man in Tamriel has been under mer rule, some for quite a bit longer than the Bretons, so them changing just due to Direnni cultural influence would be odd. Maybe Sheor was created as a consequence of the Warp in the West?
>>46056147
Redguards, Imperials and Nords age like in real life presumably. Bretons are a bit more long-lived and age slower, Orcs live short lives thanks to Ysmir, Dunmer and presumably Bosmer can live 100-200 years according to that Interview with a Dunmer text and Altmer can reach several hundred years thanks to Phynaster. No idea on Khajiit or Argonians, though the first probably really depends on breed and the second is however long the Hist want them to.
>>
>>46056067
>God was shit out by another, stronger, more capable god.
>All the other Daedra laugh at and ditch him, so he takes out his anger on his people like an abused kid bullies other kids.
>Daily life is suffering, getting cucked, or having to fuck your father.
>Retirement is standing around picking fights with people until somebody kills you like a hobo.
>At best, you can be sent to die as cannon fodder for an uncaring empire, or slave away fixing their armor.
>Other elves consider you more beasts than elves.
>Altmer own your very distant cousins as slaves, only because the only people who can legally own you now are the legion.
>Necromancers look for or kill orcs for their sturdy bones.
>30 intelligence.
>30/25 personality.
I think I'll stick with other races, thank you.
>>
File: Bretons ESO1.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1013) Image search: [Google]
Bretons ESO1.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1013
>>46056246
So why are Breton women so adorably short?
>>
>>46056147
Fyr was only that old because he's a crazy-ass wizard.
The Telvanni mage-lords can apparently sustain their bodies almost indefinitely, although their minds start breaking down after a few millenia. Extreme age and necromantic side effects were the reason given for Therana's eccentricity.
>>
>>46056268
>another stronger, more capable god
Trinimac was VERY powerful during the era where he was 'himself' though, with some texts ascribing to him a similar power and prestige to Auri-El and Lorkhan, and before his rebirth as the Pariah, he rivaled Auri-El for the position of head of the Aldmeri pantheon. His 'defeat' likely came through trickery on Boethiah's part, as Boethiah seems to have specifically gained her masculine knight aspect from devouring Trinimac to begin with.

Rest are fairish - being orsimer is suffering, after all.
>>
>>46056306
Wasn't it because the elves that originally bred them as sex slaves had a fetish for that sort of thing?
>>
>>46056306
>>46056415
Best women, best food, best entertainment, best race.
>>
>>46049982
Morrowind at least tried, though. You had a few kinds of Bosmer with horns or other such things, and the Khajiit faces were at least a few different kinds of cats - in Oblivion, it was just jungle cats in orange or yellow, and in Skyrim it was just different colors of lynx.
>>
>>46051646
Because Skyrim is the newest game yet, and I personally keep on realizing problems I have with it as time goes on. It just doesn't feel very well crafted if you look too close, though it adds a lot of new detail to the lore.

What else are we going to do? Talk about Morrowind again? As cool as that game is, it's been discussed to death every which way. Though no one talks much about the vampire factions...
>>
>>46056268
They're cool for when you want to play something that goes against the stereotype. I'm having a great time playing an orc just now by ditching most of the traditional orc traits and playing a thief outcast from breton society instead.
>>
>>46056246
No, it's confirmed that Sheor is a result of elven culture. Bretons are the most elven humans there are.
The source is the book that lists the gods in alphabetical order after saying which races worship who. I can't remember the name and I'm on mobile.
>>
>>46056651
Why is an orc in Breton society?
>>
>>46056660
Varieties of Faith in the Empire's the book.
Also, what I'm saying is that those may well be Sheor's actual origins but the Breton myth cannot straight-out say "oh the Elves told us Shor is bad so that's why he's bad". There's definitely some narrative created to explain his being reviled and how he relates to the other gods and the creation of the world.
>>
>>46056632
We normally just talk about the books, though. But yeah, it's as much a part of the series.

I just murdered them all.
>>
>>46056693
She was raised by a breton knight who pussied out of killing the orc babies (or was using it as an excuse for having a bastard with some greenskin wisewoman).

I felt it made more sense to play Jean Goodfellow the bretorc given the whole "uncertain parents" aspect of the Nerevarine prophecy, which wouldn't really gel with the lineage naming scheme of traditional orc culture.
>>
File: 1339714706137.jpg (475 KB, 1148x1246) Image search: [Google]
1339714706137.jpg
475 KB, 1148x1246
>>46056112
>>
>>46056726
Do you often think of Buddhism as something that stemmed from Hinduism? Same principle.
Most people don't think about or care about the origins of their religion as much as much the religion itself. Especially not Bretons, who are not predisposed to excessive religion.
Sheor's just bad, and he made our crops fail, which is why the neighbor starved all winter.
>>
>>46056761
>Pussying out of killing baby orcs.
>Stooping so low as to fuck an orc.
>Breton Knight.
Kynareth is disapoint.
>>
>>46056844
TES religion is special, every single culture on Nirn has a creation myth that echoes Convention somehow. And TES cultures pay much more attention to their origins - using the term "elf" is analogous to using the term "Romance" to refer to cultures that speak Latinate languages. The first is commonly used by everyone in Tamriel and even used by mer themselves for those of their own race, the second is used IRL only for language discussion.

Also Buddhism didn't actually develop from Hinduism, that's like saying Christianity developed from Gnosticism.
>>
>>46056306
The whole race is a little short. Nords are tallest, Imperials are the literal standard height, and Bretons are a little bit shorter on average, and their women are shorter than the men.

Personally, I like that. A bit of a twist from the usual 'half-elves are between elf and human height' sort of thing. It helps make Bretons a bit more of their own race.
>>
>>46056967
Breton men are average height. Same as Imperials, Dunmer, and male Khajiit.
They are pretty thin, though.
>>
>>46056934
You get my point. Vedic religion.
>>
>>46056919
She can bring it up with Azura for fucking around with destiny.
>>
>>46057173
If orcs are destined for Breton dickings, I suppose I cannot stop it.
>>
>>46057173
As if, Azura has no real power of destiny and she knows it, that's Mora's role. Azura just makes prophecies and then does everything in her power to make sure they come true, consequences be damned. She's that one kid who peeks at the last two chapters of a mystery novel and tries to impress you by 'guessing' the twists.
>>
Are orcs and nords bros? Hitting each other in the face is a perfectly viable way to make friends for both.
>>
>>46057572
No. Nords were one cursed to live until about age 12 or so, until one of their gods threw the curse on a local tribe of orcs.
>>
>>46057572
They beat up the Chimer together for a bit, but other than that, not particularly.
>>
Orcs are destined to be spitroasted by High Rock and Hammerfell
>>
I've been thinking about getting around to Skyrim, deciding on a character is always the hard part. I'm considering a Nord cleric or an Orc shaman, but I'm not big on the lore so does anyone have any roleplaying tips?
>>
File: Robot date night.png (719 KB, 1280x859) Image search: [Google]
Robot date night.png
719 KB, 1280x859
>>46055886
Indeed.
>>
>>46057572
It'd be better to ask if any races are really bros.

Imperials and Nords used to get along well enough, but the problems with Talos worship have cooled a traditionally long-reaching friendship. The Bretons usually supported the Imperials, but that was usually because the past Emperors were friendly towards Bretons - sort of like a Welsh and English relationship in the real world. The Redguard have only relatively recently started getting on good terms with other races, and still fight often with Bretons and Orcs as much as Bretons and Orcs fight each other.

The Dunmer obviously aren't on good terms with Argonians and Khajiit, and the Nords didn't like the refugees coming to Skyrim very much. The Altmer prefer to keep to themselves, and the Bosmer try to do the same thing (but they also hate Khajiit). The Argonians are still blamed by other races for some plague from a couple centuries ago that affected everyone but the Argonians and they see most other races as brigands and pirates.
>>
>>46059222
The dunmer have no bros, the dunmer need no bros.
>>
File: where was gondor.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
where was gondor.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>46059482
>The dunmer will answer
Dunmer? Where were the dunmer when the Imperial City fell? Where was the dunmer when the Thalmor closed in around us?
>>
>>46059598
Getting trampled by the Argonians?
>>
>>46059659
I don't know. Still, for such an amazing amount of culture and detail for races, it's surprising more of them aren't on good terms.

Granted, I like that a lot better than 'everyone is friends all the time forever and ever,' but still.
>>
Is catnip a thing in Tamriel, and does it affect Khajiit? Is it to Moon-Sugar what non-alcoholic beer is to whiskey?
>>
File: 1433891852962.png (470 KB, 2000x1085) Image search: [Google]
1433891852962.png
470 KB, 2000x1085
>>46060431
You could make the argument that Moon Sugar is pretty much just catnip. But as far as I know, no - catnip does not exist, and I doubt that it would be anything like non-alcoholic beer compared to Moon Sugar. More like...juice.
>>
Guys, I have question for RP purposes. How many years it would take to meditate a single thu'um. Let's say I'm a nord who goes to High Hrothgar, how many years I need to meditate in order to lean frost breath (Fo Krah Diin)? And what if I'm not a nord? Ulfric Stormclaok learned at least the unrelenting force in seven years..
>>
>>46060499
Water-beer-whiskey
Catnip-moon sugar-skooma.
>>
>>46060532
It's not really stated that Nords have any real advantage.
About the same pace unless you're a Tongue or Dragonborn.
>>
>>46058867
Nord battlecleric might be neat. I would recommend a few mods if you're going to do any magic, as it's horrible in vanilla.
>>
>>46039034
>As he's also one of the 500 companions
I really wouldn't take Thereabouts of Ysgramor to seriously, anon. It's basically just a list of people the nords consider heros (there are way more than 500 listed) that deviates in and out of fucking retarded bullshit.
The only interesting thing about really is the ramifications of the ending.
>>46042346
Ysmir is without a fucking doubt a Shezarrine.
Accordingly Lorkhan's avatars would be Ysmir, Pelinal, Hans the Fox, Arnand the Fox, Wulfharth, Hjalti Early-Beard, Talos of Atmora, Tiber Septim, and Zurin Arctus.
>>46041850
Zurin Arctus and Wulfharth were separate Underkings. Hence why Zurin goes off to sleep in a tomb till Daggerfall, and Wulfharth sticks around to advise Pelagius I (and perhaps others).
>>
>>46049931
That image really isn't all that relevant to the lore anymore. Hell it wasn't all that relevant to begin with.
>>
>Tfw no Alfiq familiar bro to cast spells with.
>You will never scratch his ears after a dungeon well raided.
>>
How do Bosmer deal with all the protein farts?
>>
>>46061717
Certainly, but they still almost never bring up shit like the wild hunt or canibalism.
>>
>>46061636
If I remember correctly, there was something that said the Underking woke up, did some stuff, and then went back to sleep in the tomb a few times before Daggerfall.
>>
>>46061803
Alfiq is the best breed of Khajiit.
They're cute little housecat mages.

One another note, anyone know how they compare to other magically inclined races?
>>
>>46062348
It's kind of reasonable that the Wild Hunt doesn't get brought up, given its such a rare thing and almost exclusively relevant to Valenwood.
The whole cannibalism thing is in a similar boat, but contrarily, it never really seemed to have been a very good idea to begin with.
(Hey guys, let's make one of our entire races strictly cannibals that have to eat what they kill, this won't be hard to implement at all)
>>
>>46062684
Nope, without his heart Zurin goes straight to sleep.
There's an Oblivion quest where a group of dead cursed Blades claim that Arctus-Underking cursed them and Tiber Septim's shrine, but this was likely Wulfharth-Underking as the Underking's minions in Daggerfall specifically state that Arctus has no ill will against the Blades (and it just generally seems like something Wulfharth would be more inclined to do).
>>
Just out of curiosity because I haven't been into TES lore until recently, where do (in terms of what's written or just your fa/tg/uys' opinions) each of the daedra princes rank, in terms of just power? I know Peryite is dead last, and Mehrunes or Boethia are probably top dog, but where do the rest lay?
>>
>>46062945
Then how did Wulfharth ascend with Zurin when Talos was created during the warp in the west?
>>
>>46062743
As far as I can tell, all the non-magically aligned races are about the same - except for the Imperials, who traditionally had the Mages Guild be central to the Empire, and kept a chief Battlemage.
>>
Can Altmer be decent spellblades or do they rely more on the spell than the blade?
>>
>>46062976
Mehrunes Dragon, Molag Bal and Sheogorath are probably all around the same strength. Molag Bal and Dagon have both done full scale invasions, and Sheogorath is supposedly incredibly powerful. Boethia, Mephala and Azura are probably right behind them. Hermaeus Mora, is probably not too far down. Peryite is last, with Malacath coming right after. I'm not sure where the rest would fit exactly between that.
>>
>>46062743
I've read they can do fireballs, telekenisis, a little, and tellepathy.

I imagine they're about as inately magical as altmer or at least bretons.
>>
>>46063118
You wouldn't believe.
>>
>>46063081
Alfiqs are unique because of the fact that they are magically aligned.
I was wondering how they compare to magic races like Bretons and Altmer in terms of power.
I know they where praise as great mages and tacticians during the most recent Khajiit/Bosmer war
>>
File: war.png (134 KB, 444x235) Image search: [Google]
war.png
134 KB, 444x235
>>46062989
That is a mystery in itself. It's possible his ascension was forced with the release of Mantella (or maybe that he somehow never really ascended at all).
We don't really know much about what happened to Wulfharth after he begins to aid Pelagius. I like to believe that he stayed to advise all the Emperors, taking the form of various martial leaders before one day—inexplicably—up and vanishing.
>>
>>46063134
I always personally imagined Hircine to be pretty powerful.

But Herma seemed to take the cake for me. Enigmatic, hard to get his quest, realm literally all knowledge, mages get sopping wet thinking about it.

It always seemed like it could be behind literally everything.
>>
>>46063161
I can't be sure - especially since I don't know how long they live, compared to Altmer - but I figure that since, being pretty much cats, they can't focus on the usual physical pursuits, they might focus entirely on magecraft and other mental studies, where Altmer and Bretons by necessity might learn a little bladework or how to work in armor.

I'd figure it'd go Altmer > Alfiq > Breton - as much as I love Bretons, they simply don't have the long lifespan of the Altmer, and they probably wouldn't have the singleminded focus I assume the Alfiq would have. Though the Sage is an exception.
>>
>>46060532
The grey beards look to be in their 70's or 80's. Hard to tell with magic, and people living for a couple hundred years and all.

I'd imagine they started in their 30's at the earliest, something about nords tells me they wouldn't settle down and become monks earlier than that, but throw on 10 years, and maybe get an extra shout.

I think 7-15 years is a safe estimate per shout, without special rare exceptions.
>>
>>46055268
Oh look at this roughly bosmer shaped sand dune I found!

If you perk your ears up it almost seems like you can hear muffled screams!
>>
>>46055268
the same-facing in ESO is atrocious.
>>
>>46061622
Like what?
>>
>>46063940
Apocalypse Magic for one.
It's the biggest, most comprehensive, and adds tons of new spells while staying balanced.
>>
>>46063940
>>46064270
Forgotten Magic was neat as well, adding spells that level with you as you use them, gaining new perks specifically tied to them.
>>
>>46064270
lost grimoire was also really good.
I would add on spell charging too, adds in some nice features while remaining balanced.
You should check out Wintermyst if you want an enchanting mod.
>>
>>46063146
Nah, I'd say about as innate as Imperials or Dunmer.
>>
>>46063161
>>46063239
They aren't innately magic, but they can cast it, so we theorized that they would rely on it heavily.
Most likely, they'd take civilian rolls like shop keepers or messengers.
>>
>>46063661
Just like Morrowind!
>>
>>46063148
I like Altmer more already.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.