[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm soon going to be playing as a chaotic neutral cleric,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: WeAreNotTakingTheWizard.jpg (150 KB, 1224x814) Image search: [Google]
WeAreNotTakingTheWizard.jpg
150 KB, 1224x814
I'm soon going to be playing as a chaotic neutral cleric, who's so far the only member of his cult.

Because he's basically a creepy homeless dude my group finds, what's the most insane god I could worship? It has to be something specific like the god of a certain animal, so that it's even more retarded when I complete my personal quest of making him real through dark magic and shit.
>>
>>46018012
Tessarex, the All God
>he is the all and the nothing that churns the multiverse
>he lives beyond the four walls of our reality in the space between
>if our lives are but a stroke of a pen, he is the paper it's written on
>if our deeds are merely random chance, he is the one rolling the die
>>
>>46018012
So like an ineffectual God no one sane would willingly follow?
Well you could make so that insanity is the general theme of the God.
Like, Tach, a God that grants insanity as a boon.
>>
>>46018727

Go on...
>>
File: 1403309714760.jpg (533 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1403309714760.jpg
533 KB, 3264x2448
>>46018784
The God sees sanity as order-like, and insanity as the purest form of chaos, as an adherent of chaotic virtues you follow his mad decrees and tenets.
>>
File: 1379794955111.gif (429 KB, 173x142) Image search: [Google]
1379794955111.gif
429 KB, 173x142
>>46018784
Because... you know... order is the root of all evil so if everyone lived in a way that made order unsustainable than everything would be better.
>>
>>46018911
Also the tenets and decrees change weekly
>>
File: Zargon.jpg (76 KB, 519x570) Image search: [Google]
Zargon.jpg
76 KB, 519x570
Zargon!
Zargon the Returner was an elder evil abomination who hungered to drown the world in its slime. You are a CN cleric who worships something you call Zargon. Maybe its the Elder Evil, maybe its not. Have fun with it freaking the other players out when you call upon the power of such a god.
>>
>>46022471

I love the idea of this cleric simply drooling out the side of his mouth while summoning.
>>
Well, if you want to be a cultist of madness and darkness, Tharzidun is the classic.

You could worship a distinctly nonhuman racial deity, like the god of Moon Rats (Rats with intelligence that waxes and wanes with the moon), the god of Skiruds (Intelligent shadow squirrels), or some member of a Flumph pantheon.
>>
Jubilex! Slime God!
>>
>>46018012
>he's basically a creepy homeless dude my group finds

cmon, don't be "that" guy
>>
File: (judgemental stare).jpg (56 KB, 517x572) Image search: [Google]
(judgemental stare).jpg
56 KB, 517x572
>>46018012
>he's basically a creepy homeless dude my group finds

kill yourself.
>>
>>46018012
http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Groetus
Mad god of the end of the world.
>>Get a plate suit that has sandwich board attachments.
>>Make up a new prophecy every time you preach...never admit to being inconsistent to what will happen.
>>Declare fatwa against Broccoli
>>
>>46018012
Xom!
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Xom

Your DM will love him. Xom is a capricious deity with the temprament of a 2 year old. His followers are his playthings, playthings that entertain him get "gifts" playthings that bore him get "played with". Your life may become a living hell, but atleast your making somebody happy.
>>
>>46018012
Jut make sure your party has a reason to keep him around, an actual bond to the party. Otherwise you're That Guy. Be interesting, not a burden.
>>
>>46018012
gotta be this crazy mother fucker
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Blibdoolpoolp
>>
File: Emperor-Norton.jpg (80 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Emperor-Norton.jpg
80 KB, 500x333
>>46018012
Nuggan, the State God of Borogravia and unnecessary paperwork.

>He is very serious about setting prohibitions, which his followers call Abominations. Nuggan thinks that a god ought to prohibit things that people truly want, so that the prohibition has real effect on people's lives. So, Nuggan sets the rules that his people shall eat neither chocolate nor garlic.

>In appearance, Nuggan is a plump but small man with a fussy moustache. The more experienced gods, such as Offler, consider that no god should wear a little fussy moustache like that

>Due to complicated mechanisms in belief, it seems to the Nugganites that Nuggan sets a new Abomination every few days.

>Known Abominations:
Chocolate
Garlic
Mushrooms
The colour blue
Babies
Crop rotation
Girls in men's clothing (whether the other way round is an Abomination, too, remains unknown)
Girls knowing how to write
Pictures of living things
Cats
Dwarfs
Barking dogs
Oysters
Shirts with six buttons
Cheese
Messages in the sky (Clacks and carrier pigeons) as prayers may bump into them
Rocks
Ears
Accordion players
Theatres and similar
The smell of beets

Plan B:

Your dude worships himself. Turns he got a case of soul possession, and the extra soul gives him magical powers. This god-to-be is also what made him homeless in the first place. Great Joshuton, God of Pariahs strives to become god for all marginals, rejected, sideline persons, observers and coadjuvants. and npcs

He only knows what was forgotten by anyone else, and plans to amass a great wealth out of lost coins.
>>
>>46018984
>weekly
>ordered intervals

fuck that, tenets and decrees change whenever
>>
>>46027375
Offler also knew that Nuggan wasn't gonna last long. Y'Gotta give the carrot too, not just the stick.
>>
>>46018012
If this is first edition, Hastur is available.

I know someone who played a cleric of Hastur. They'd leave his name written in slips of paper and throw them like confetti all over the city.
>>
File: 1448357947289.jpg (222 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
1448357947289.jpg
222 KB, 760x596
obligatory.
>>
Pete, God of Spoons and Hobos

>>46027375
Nugganite, your god is dead
>>
>>46018012
>making a gimmick character

Why would you do this thing
>>
>>46030132
Sometimes it works out. Sometimes the hobo with the knife is the one bastard who knows what it will take to survive and takes the path gleefully, trying to bring the party along as best they can. Sometimes you just want to make something that has some preset personality flavoring.
>>
Never tell anybody who your god is, saying that "he is not to be named" or "sole knowledge of his title could wrink your minds" or anything along this lines
be as mysterious as possible with it to the point where your whole party doubts if you even have a patron god, although it still has to exist since you're cleric of his religion
>>
have you considered playing as a cleric of YHVH, the two-faced god
>>
>>46030742
Or they do find out who the god is.

Turns out it's not that brilliant.

They met him passed out on the pub floor.

Fuck you he's still a god, hence the divine magic to his faithful.
>>
>>46018012
Josh, god of minor inconveniences, and good fortune for others.

Nothing goes right for his followers, everyone is a walking murphies law example.

If he were to manifest he would do things like replace your bedroom floor with d3's, make your shoes eternally filled with just enough liquid to squelch, etc.

Anyone who fucks with his followers in such a minor way recieves a boon of good fortune.
>>
>>46018012

Jimby-your centipede friend

A lovecraftian centipede creature whose followers are few and imbalanced.
a common phrases of praise are "let Jimby into your heart, it is not a metaphor."
Jimby is associated with the growth of psychedelic fungi, centipedes, madness, and mutation.
Jimby's goal is to consume other gods as they are viewed as parasites on mortals.
find out more here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/2qdap0/jimby_chronicles_a_series_of_facebook_posts/
>>
>>46031635

Like the clerics god is just some dude who has holy powers for no reason? That's brilliant!
>>
>>46018012
>i going to be That Guy i started well but i'm not sure about the details, help me plz tg!
>>
>>46018012
The overdeerer. Deity of deer, lord of deer, and great father to all deer. With his great an powerful navy of deer, he collects the souls of all deer and all those loyal to deer, os that they might join him in the deershit stained halls of deerheim for all deerternity.
>>
File: edge pill.jpg (411 KB, 1069x643) Image search: [Google]
edge pill.jpg
411 KB, 1069x643
>>46018012
You should worship pic related OP, view how you want to follow his preachings
>>
File: nopcd.jpg (10 KB, 341x299) Image search: [Google]
nopcd.jpg
10 KB, 341x299
>>46031023
OH SNAP christians!
>>
>>46036938

Has it ever occurred to you that games can be funny and not always super serious?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.