[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: JY_1.png (136 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
JY_1.png
136 KB, 223x311
Shakira Edition

>playing?
>brewing?
>secret tech?
>what will rise to the top after eldrazi gets banned?
>>
I hope you guys realize that Modern was purposefully ruined by WoTC. The Format is being set up to be replaced by the upcoming new format, which would understandably cause outrage in the MTG community.
If however they destroy modern through gross imbalance and random bans like Twin to kill the community's faith in the format, their "New Modern" will be hailed as godsend. Hope you're all buying up good cards for the M15+ modern, coming sooner than you think.
>>
>>46016446
> Shakira
> Not Rita Ora
>>
>>46016763
MAGIC IS DEAAAAAAAD! DEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAD! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? IT'S DEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAADDD
>>
>>46016763
Eh maybe, maybe not. But i don't think they're doing this purposely because i really don't think wizards is smart enough to destroy a format like this.
>>
>>46016763
I feel like the cards they make are made to avoid breaking modern, which is gay, it should strictly adhere to standard and modern gets whatever is good to modern. Would also would like to see the blue love to stop
>>
>>46016446
>playing
Chord decks, I've been trying all different variations
>brewing
I have loam as a pet deck, I'm just waiting to see if there's any playable madness cards in SoI
>secret tech
I've been playing lingering souls over CoCo in angel chord. I like it much better in this meta
>what will rise?
Chord decks are looking very strong after rotation. Without any kind of blue decks ruining their fun they have strong matchups against most of the top decks right now.
>>
>>46016446
does she belongs to mardu midrange?
>>
>>46017135
Blue love stopped when they stopped printing counterspell/mana drain
>>
>>46016763
>random bans like Twin
You're right, Twin was completely fair and balanced. They should unban JTMS too.
>>
>>46017135

>blue love

>one decent card per set, and half of those get banned/restricted in all form anyway

Green has been the strongest color in Magic for the last 4 years.
>>
>>46016446
>Nahiri, the Ciri
>>
has anyone played magic duels? it looks like garbage vs magic online
>>
I just finished building Jeskai Ascendancy Loam Gifts, which Iona art should I get?
>>
File: Image.png (127 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
127 KB, 223x311
>>46016446
>Nahiri
>Avacyn
>Maybe reprinted Gisella
>Tons of cool new angels that are R or W

What a time to own the Kalemne deck.
>>
>>46016763
>Modern was purposefully ruined by WoTC.

are you 15 or are utterly retarded? why would they ever purposely ruin a source of income? a lot of people have decks in multiple formats.
>>
>>46024053
MEMEPOLICE
EMEPOLICEM
MEPOLICEME
EPOLICEMEM
POLICEMEME
OLICEMEMEP
LICEMEMEPO
ICEMEMEPOL
CEMEMEPOLI
EPOLICEMEM
>>
>>46024263
DEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>46019610
This. Green gets a ponder-esque card with the oaths and a functionally identical card to dig through time in tron
>>
>>46019610

>half of those get banned restricted

i know where you are coming from, card design in blue has had issues for a while now, but you cant ignore banned restricted cards

i think the reason we've seen a downfall of blue, of sorts, is that the history of magic has proven how hard it is to balance blue, its either busted or useless
>>
>>46024442
>i think the reason we've seen a downfall of blue, of sorts, is that the history of magic has proven how hard it is to balance blue, its either busted or useless

The only time in Modern's history that Blue has truly been broken has been when Wizards misprinted "7U" instead of "7UU."

Blue is the color that keeps degeneracy down, not enables it. The design doctrine that's causing the problem is design wanting to avoid the "feel bads," irrespective of how important policing is, and completely disregarding the value of a "feel bad" play.

This is why Maro grinds on about Force of Will being "not ok" in Standard, and thus Modern.

It has nothing to do with the actual quality of the card and the plays surrounding it. It's completely focused on avoiding little Timmy crying after having to move his Void Winnower from his hand to the graveyard when his opponent's tapped out, completely disregarding the fact that he had to -1 himself to do it.
>>
Standard quesiton, sorry guys. New to magic, but could I play Grix control without 4 fucking jaces?
>>
>>46024886
>Blue is the color that keeps degeneracy down, not enables it.

this is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in this board

and blue is my favorite color
>>
>>46016446
Shes so... "Meh"

I'm not calling it bad, but there is nothing to get excited over. It's just meh.
>>
I WANNA FUCK THAT KOR
>>
File: 1457993245696.jpg (34 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1457993245696.jpg
34 KB, 320x320
>>46016763
>>
>>46025044
esper control decks in standard are not really cutting it even with 4 jaces. i doubt grixis control without jaces can do anything.
>>
>>46025044
no. gtfo you filthy pleb.
>>
I have a friend doing an emergency sale of all his Khans and Fate cards. Anything I should look to pick up from him?
>>
File: 1454529483940.jpg (120 KB, 410x275) Image search: [Google]
1454529483940.jpg
120 KB, 410x275
pastebin.com/DkUtQjNf
rate my memeskai. no bully tho, especially you kevin robinson from school fuck you kevin stop showin everyone my pastebin you peace of shit.
>>
File: my soul as a card.png (106 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
my soul as a card.png
106 KB, 223x311
>sold off my other decks I was bored with
>used all the credit and dollars to replace my main deck with foils

I feel happy but I also feel a little dead inside. I mean, it's not like I really played those other decks much (if at all) and it's really neat having all this fucking shiny shit.

I dunno, maybe my LGS needs more fluorescent lighting for me to appreciate what I've done. It gets kinda dark in there.
>>
>>46025229
fetches, mentor, ugin, tasigur
>>
>>46025229

Fetches for sure.
>>
>>46025229

You can buy up the Rattleclaws, Den Protectors, and Deathmist Raptors, then build a Kibler-style funeral pyre monument to shitty card design.
>>
File: falkenrathgorger.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
falkenrathgorger.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
So red has a Savannah Lion with upside now (Vampires in your hand have Madness equal to their casting cost). Seems like it'll be solid in budget red lists at least. Thoughts?
>>
>>46025592
what red deck are you talking about ? Kitchen table deck ?
>>
>>46025643
I mean budget modern decks. Stuff you can make without breaking the bank, but can also take to a local tournament and expect to do well with it.
>>
>>46025643
the one with red vampires that discard and cheap red spells with madness
>>
>>46025694
I was thinking more red aggro really. Personally I feel it's a bit early to tell whether there's enough and the right kind of support for a vampire madness deck to be viable in Modern.
>>
File: 1416889968096.jpg (26 KB, 453x599) Image search: [Google]
1416889968096.jpg
26 KB, 453x599
>>46025691
>but can also take to a local tournament and expect to do well with it.

every store in my area has atleast 12 people running tier 1/2 decks on modern nights.
>>
>>46025741
oh I thought this was soi spoilers thread and that you were talking about standard. I personally do not believe that vampire is going to see modern play in a red deck.
>>
File: 1456380673952.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1456380673952.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>46025694
Ooooh right !
Hey this deck might compete against my skeletons deck !
>>
File: 1456354791949.jpg (214 KB, 746x718) Image search: [Google]
1456354791949.jpg
214 KB, 746x718
>>46025816
i know that feel man. My store is full on Affinity / Abzan CoCo / Merfolk
I'm playing shitty BW Tokens.
>>
>>46016446
Thought I would do a quick little tournament report. Last Saturday I went to a GPT with RG Titanshift. Pretty much exactly the same as Thien Nguyens GP list, only with maindeck bolts instead of relic of progenitus. We had 21 players and played 5 rounds with a cut to top 4.

>Round 1: BW Eldrazi
Game 1 he goes to 5 and it's not much of a game. He gets an endless one and matter reshaper on the field before I kill him with primetime. Game 2 he goes to 4 while I keep a 7 with both scapeshift and titan. He manages to turn 2 thoughtknot me and takes titan, I scapeshift him turn 4. 2-0.

>Round 2: Wilted Abzan
Game 1 he has a pretty good start and gets a lot of pressure out early with kitchen finks and wilt-leaf liege. I cast a titan, knowing I can block his kitchen finks and go to 2. He has rhino post combat and kills me. I had the kill available if I untapped. Game 2 I keep a sketchy opener with no payoff cards but two of my sideboard anger of the gods. I get a bird and a finks with the first one and settle in for a long game, hoping I can topdeck a shift at some point. He plays a singleton sin collector on his turn taking my second anger, I die a few turns later. 0-2

Round 3: UW Eldrazi
Game 1 is a tragedy. I die on turn 3 to smashers and mimics and don't really get to do anything. Can April come any sooner? Game 2 was better, he goes down to 6 and opens with tapped hallowed fountain. I have a scapeshift in my opening hand and start ramping. By turn 4 or so he plays an untapped hallowed fountain and brings himself to 18 so he can play a skyspawner and have lethal next turn. I scapeshift on 7 lands and kill him. Kind of a misplay on his part, but he didn't really know what I was on from the last game. I had a titan in hand to kill a creature and block an endless one if i didn't have the kill on 7 lands anyway. Game 3 was pretty much a repeat of the 1st one, I had a pretty good draw though and was one turn away from scapeshifting him but he had the play. 1-2.
>>
File: 1386315646546.jpg (81 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1386315646546.jpg
81 KB, 500x1000
>play living end as my pet deck
>shop has like 6 affinity players
>out of 15 regulars

just ravage my shit up senpai. 1 ingot chewer and 2 faerie macabre main have helped me a few games but I think I'm still 40/60 on the match.

Are there any decks that just shit on affinity, if I decided to build a 2nd modern deck?
>>
File: image.png (292 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
292 KB, 1136x640
How does an elf deck do in modern /tg/?
>>
>>46026298
Beck Elves is a thing right now
>>
File: elfs.jpg (17 KB, 295x183) Image search: [Google]
elfs.jpg
17 KB, 295x183
>>46026298
>>
>>46026298
I don't play elves but i've played against them. seems to be one of those solitaire combo decks that's really strong as long as no one fucks with your board.

I've seen two variants, CoCo elves and cloudstone curio combo elves. I remember one game in particular where coco elves dropped two shaman of the pack off of collected company and nuked me for 16 on like, turn 4
>>
File: Feels.png (66 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
Feels.png
66 KB, 659x609
>>46025816
>>46026283

>Live in town with no Modern scene
>Home for vacation
>Store in hometown runs a Modern weekend, 20 people turn up
>Only 1 Eldrazi deck, a borrowed deck piloted by some kid in the losing bracket
>Tons of decks, ranging from BGx, Company, Merfolk, Infect, Esper etc to weird stompy/ramp brews.
>Play 5 rounds of Modern after not having played since the Twin ban, played a completely different deck type every round, including a BG mirror

MFW I didnt even place, but damn did it feel great.
>>
made 8 whack are the goblin guides worth it? shit is 160 for a playset
>>
>>46026413
buy fakes
>>
>>46026274
contd.

>Round 4: UR Eldrazi
At this point I know I'm out because we're playing for top 4, but I paid the fee so I'm gonna play some magic. Game 1 my opponent opens with a mimic into 4/4 endless one. I bolt the mimic in response to its trigger and he kind of floods out after that. I win with titan. Game 2 he goes to 5 and opens with an eye and no other play. He plays a 2/2 endless one turn 2 and misses a land drop. I end up scapeshifting him on turn 4 or 5, and he shows me a stacked hand alongside his other 3 eye of ugins. He topdecked them in succession. But that's what he gets for playing a broken deck with 4 legendary lands main.

I don't really want to talk about round 5, the guy was on dredgevine and didn't really know how to play. He said he was a kitchen table player who bought his friends deck because he needed the money. I win 2-0 but it doesn't really matter at that point except for breakers.

It was kind of shitty that the store cut to top 4 even though we had enough players for a top 8, a lot of people ended up dropping early. I finished eighth out of 21, but a buddy of mine got into the finals. The moral of the story is pretty much that eldrazi is broken and can only lose to its own mulligans, or other eldrazi decks.
>>
File: a diverse meta.jpg (161 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
a diverse meta.jpg
161 KB, 768x432
>>46026456
THREE MORE WEEKS OF ELDRAZI WINTER
>>
>>46026431
i'd rather not i play locally at my shop
8 whack seems great just want to know if the guides are actually worth the upgrade
>>
>>46026541
Goblins isn't good enough to justify the price, just play burn if you really wanna play red.
>>
>>46026298
Something to consider when asking about the viability of a deck is to consider what cards it takes to bury the deck, regardless if the cards are being used right now or not.

For example, when people ask about the viability of graveyard-based decks, it really doesn't matter whether or not people are actually playing graveyard hate, the question is whether or not you die to the graveyard hate that's available because you'll catch people with their pants down once or twice with a graveyard deck but it doesn't take much effort to hose you.

So Elves. There's an elf deck that's making traction right now. It's a solid deck like most decks. But the elves tend to fold to removal and sometimes hand-hate. All it takes is a couple Forked Bolt or Twin Bolt or Arc Trail and you're done. Wraths are available, Pithing Needles are available, spot removal is available though not super popular right now.

So the question is, because it's already a good deck, do you feel like losing to multi-creature burn or wraths? I play Living End, I sometimes can beat the graveyard hate sometimes I can't - but I live with it when I lose to it.
>>
>>46026456
>>46026274
I hope nothing in Eldrazi is banned just to piss off everyone who qq's about it. It would be funny.
>>
Is anyone else more interested/excited about potential unbans rather than bans?

Like yeah Eye/Temple/Mimic is gone whatever. Eldrazi will be curbstomped, but what could we get back?
>>
>>46026766
That would only happen if the "MODERN IS DEAD" guy is actually right.

Everyone is expecting bans. Wizards will do it.
>>
Good cheap blue/black artifact retrieval cards ? Namely for the isochron scepter (2) mana cost and swords of war and peace (3 cost - I believe)
>>
I loooooove using Stihl's, as a lumberjack they're really top notch quality. Also I refuse to come back to modern until the Eldrazi are gone, fucking hate those pieces of shit to society.
>>
>>46026766
>>46026885
Forsythe already said there's at least one card from Eldrazi in the next B&R update
>>
>>46026900
as a farmer/rancher my husqvarna has been absolutely incredible for my admittedly limited use. But I'm sure everyone has their preference. and I agree that april can't come soon enough. 4c good piles of shit will get the fuck out of standard and modern can finally get back to normal.
>>
>>46026945
I'm done with standard until the $75 merfolk looter rotates out
>>
File: Sanic.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Sanic.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>all these decent vampires getting printed in the next set
>super heavy in discarding and madness
>I wonder if some decent modern vampire vial build or something could be made with all this
>remember bloodghast still exists
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (61 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
61 KB, 600x800
>>46026900
>>46026945

>Faggots who don't use Jonsered patricians products
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>46026992
You mean this sexy guy?
>>
>>46026699
jesus, that really says a lot about burns efficiency now that goblins has goblin grenade, piledriver, AND 8 full copies of Bushwhacker
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
31 KB, 223x310
Why doesn't every UR deck run this card?
>>
>>46027064
stop
>>
>>46027019
elitism has it's placed. chainsaws is not one of them, especially when you consider the wide variety of people who use them and the frequency at which they may require them.

If I were going to make a living by cutting timber and rely on that as my primary source of income I may purchase a higher quality machine than what I have. But my primary use for a chainsaw is cutting walking paths through brush, cutting apart dead trees that fall over on the property, and cutting a few racks of firewood for personal use each winter.

But you don't care. You're just going to post a smug reaction image with greentext calling me a faggot for not using a jonsered, aren't you?
>>
Oh, is it the gay lumberjack hour? Good night Modern.

I spent too much money finishing my foil deck tonight. Totally worth it. At least that's what I tell myself.
>>
File: typo.jpg (32 KB, 735x541) Image search: [Google]
typo.jpg
32 KB, 735x541
>>46027090
>placed
>>
>>46027090

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Adirondack Woodsmen's School, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Canadian Forests, and I have over 300 confirmed trees cut down. I am trained in gorilla cutting techniques and I’m the top lumberjack in the entire Canadian lumber forces. You are nothing to me but just another tree. I will cut you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of gay lumberjack across the USA and your trees are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your trees. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can chop you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Canadian Lumberjack Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
well I just dropped a few bucks to get 1 mana drain and 2 counter spells... and for some fucking reason mtgo says theyre illegal in the modern format....

I thought THESE were the banned cards http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/modern

can someone explain this nonsense to me
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 521x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 521x426
>>46027019
>jonsered
>ever
>>
>>46025280
Bring your own discoball, man!
>>
>>46027213

>Modern is a constructed format that allows expansion sets and core sets from Eighth Edition forward

>from Eighth Edition forward
>>
File: 1372467913867.jpg (18 KB, 257x297) Image search: [Google]
1372467913867.jpg
18 KB, 257x297
>>46027213
>>
>>46027213
please I feel like i just wasted my money ;_;
>>
>>46027233
I thought if it was reprinted then it meant it was part of another block?
>>
>>46027257
they were never banned because they were never printed in a set that is considered part of the modern format

in other words its just too old of a card to be in modern

look at the legal sets and make sure that the card was actually printed in one of them before you try and play it
>>
>>46027268
And counterspell last reprint was 7th edition
online reprint does not count
>>
>>46027064
It doesnt do anything?
>>
>>46027268
duels decks are not blocks
>>
>>46027323
thank you..... im still new the whole modern thing myself
>>
It's shit m8
>>
>>46027352
>.........
>im
I'm glad you wasted money. I hope you get decapitated by a gay lumberjack.
>>
dykewolf reveal when
>>
>>46027051
No it says that goblin guide needs a reprint. I can get the 8 wackers for cheaper than 4 bolts.
>>
>>46027420
nah I was able to get my tickets back :-)

so m guessing this card is also not modern legal too?

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Demonic%20Tutor
>>
>>46027468

It has a Modern border, and isn't on the ban list, so it's clearly legal.
>>
My first attempt at modern. Suggestions please

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-03-16-bw-sacrifice/
>>
>>46027486
well if the other "vintage masters" card isnt legal i fail to see why this one would be
>>
File: 1373542259674.jpg (34 KB, 543x521) Image search: [Google]
1373542259674.jpg
34 KB, 543x521
>>46027548
its shit
>>
>>46027548
First off

Why are you playing forbidden orchard, you're playing a two color deck

Duress is just worse than thoughtseize or inquisition,

Ayli is bad in modern, anything that dies to lightning bolt and requires you to invest more mana into it is rarely worth it

Honestly your deck theme is okay but it looks like it's half way between a good black white tokens list and a good rally list

I think you need to decide what you want to play more, tokens or rally, both are fine decks but building something halfway between both is weaker than going hard into one or the other

For refference

Tokens (this list isn't concrete but should give you a good idea)

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=11779&d=267240&f=MO

Rally (again not set but you get the idea)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL04lbfeNAaS_ZNfRveW2Qrsu9JKQObE3p&v=bWVagDdY69w

Good luck pham
>>
>>46027548
you need more sac fodder. I see what you're going for, but it's not quite there. here's a deck with a similar overall strategy you can check out

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/joes-modern-zombardment/
>>
>>46025280
You idiot
>>
>>46027090
Stihlfag detected
>>
>>46026992
anon, he's 92$ now desu...
>>
>>46025428
fetches will tank at least 5 dollars each on rotation
>>
>>46027548
I think you are not squeezing enough value out of your cards. why would you run rally the ancestors with so many token generators? if you want to kill your own creatures you should look for resilient ones. the token generators are slow and dont synergize well with your deck.

check this out, I think this is similar to what you are trying to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFYVtcMjxg
>>
>>46027749
>not being a stihlfag
Guess you're just a fag then
>>
>>46027848
Yeah, and then go back up after a couple months
>>
>>46027763
http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/magic-origins/jace-vryns-prodigy
only if you're willing to pay that much I guess
>>
>>46027848
no. they will go down a couple of bucks for a little while and up again, specially after eldrazi ban and eternal masters annoucement.
>>
>>46027887
How excited are you anon? How many copies of each you got?
>>
>>46027907
I dont buy more than a playset for each card, so I have a playset of each

why would fetches tank in price? they are played in every relevant mtg format. I doubt many people will want to get rid of something that is assured to increase in value.
>>
>>46027947
You underestimate how many fetches were printed and you overestimate how many players care about eternal formats. Trust me, they'll all be 10-15 for quite a loooong time.
>>
>>46027947
That's fair. Best investments I ever made was getting my snapcasters when it was $30, getting my damnations when it was $30, and getting Crucibles when it was $20
>>
>>46026716
needles don't really do anything to elves. No one plays shit like twin bolt. pyraclasm effects are your biggest worry but you have ways to deal with those in the sideboard and ways to grab them.

elves can be shit on but it has ways to crawl back thanks to coco and chord.
>>
>>46027969

its not just about people wanting to play with them but people seeing them as investments. every person who owns fetches knows that they will increase in value. if they dont want them for eternal formats its unlikely for them to sell them right when their value will be the lowest, unless they do it out of necessity.

I dont see fetches going for lower than $12 for a couple of months but thats just my thinking
>>
>>46028024
there's so many standard players who want to recoup their investment and buy new cards at rotation, they literally don't care about "investments". The price of hallowed fountain right now is $5. Shocks aren't as popular but I'm positive they will follow a similar pattern as shocks. Standard players will be worried about losing their investment and sell out before they lose money. Then the price will dip and stay low for a while. By the time they rise in price I'll be 2020
>>
>>46027969
In the history of rotation since Innistrad, any Standard card that is playable in Modern will not drop on rotation from Standard in the long-term.

Snapcaster did not drop. Liliana didn't drop. Thoughtseize and the Shocks dropped on reprint but never dropped again as soon as rotation neared.

The fetches will not drop; almost certainly they will go up. The only thing that drops the price of a Modern staple now is a reprint. It's fucking ridiculous but there it is.
>>
File: shield bros.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
shield bros.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>46016446
Hey Modern players!
Thinking of getting into modern. I'm mostly an EDH player, but I'm probably gonna lose my playgroup soon and I was thinking of playing at the available local gaming stores. Modern seemed like a solid option for actually getting to play.

Brewing defenders burn deck, was hoping ya'll could give some thoughts. I feel like it's resilient against a lot strategies long enough to stall into its win. Except Eldrazi, but I mean...duh.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-new-fortress-in-town/

Any thoughts on it? I'm assuming anything that could eat a bolt is a severe liability, so I only included 1 such creature. Still, I wonder about pic related. Is it just gonna die immediately?

Also, any other suggestions would be great. I know it's not super competitive, but I was hoping I could have some fair matchups at least. Is my lack of reach creatures a serious problem?
>>
>>46028166
I don't know all that much about modern but I also play EDH. What decks you running?
>>
>>46028139
Fetches were reprinted. Shocks plummeted after rotation. Thoughtseize did too. I wouldn't be so sure. We'll see.
>>
>>46028190
>thoughtseize plummeted
Yeah it went from a whole $20 to a measly $20
>>
>>46028190
shocks arent played in legacy though. and thoughtseize did not plummet. it went down a couple of bucks but that happened also because people started replacing it for inquisition. but yes, we will see
>>
>>46028166
if you don't know anything about modern dont try to brew. go on mtggoldfish or mtgtop and pick a modern deck you like and buy it.
>>
So is wizards ever going to take that stick out of their asses and print an actual playable blue mythic that isnt a planeswalker?
>>
>>46028232
Startled Awake is playable
In EDH and limited
>>
>>46028190
Thoughtseize went from a $50 to a $20 card on reprint. It's still a $20 card. The Shocks are still somewhere between $8-15, where they were post-rotation and some higher like Sacred Foundry. Planeswalkers are also stable not because of because idiots out there "collect" things.

I am more than sure. I am fucking certain.

There is nothing that impacts the price of a Eternal/Modern-playable Standard card close to rotation.

Mark my words right now. Monastery Mentor and Ugin are going to stick. Kolaghan's and Atarka's Command and Collected Company are going to stick. Things like Deathmist Raptor if they don't have a Modern application are going to plummet.
>>
>>46028186
>Kraj, +1/+1 counters and tap effects
>Jhoira, flyer tribal and control
>Meren, sac and value
>Ezuri. So, elfball.

Not to post off-topic on the threat too much.

>>46028209
I do know a bit about the format. I'm familiar with the top decks and their strategies, at least in the abstract. I feel like I should have some favorable matchups. I can block a lot, pillowfort respectably. This deck has been a pet project of mine for a long time, and I want to make a defender deck as modern viable as possible. If it doesn't work, well, the defender part is cheap, and the expensive landbase can go towards something else.
>>
>>46027614
>>46027636
>>46027856

Thanks I will check your links when I get home. I will explain some card choices. Thought behind the deck is to have blood artist/zulaport,clear board through killing wave,rally ancestors and kill them again.Some tokens as sac fodder

>forbiden orchard
Its cheap dual land that can gives enemy tokens boosting Blade Artist life leech when I play killing wave

>zulaport
Mini artist. I feel like with 4x artist the combo is too fragile

>rally the ancestors
Here Im not sure how it works. Let say that I return artist and zulaport from my graveyard. Do they trigger artist/zulaport ability when they are put into exile?

No Inqusition/Thoughtseize because they are too expensive and this is supposed to be cheap deck
>>
>>46028307
>rally the ancestors
Dying is different from exile. If they were worded "when creature leaves the battlefield" it would trigger off of exile, but they are distinct actions that send the cards to distinct zones.
>>
>>46028166
it looks interesting. but how do you win? you just wall them until you get enough mana for a big aurelia's fury? you only have 2 assault formations so you wont be doing anything until you hit one.
>>
>>46028307
>Do they trigger artist/zulaport ability when they are put into exile?

nope
>>
>>46028339
Can I avoid putting them into exile by sacrifacing them ?
>>
>>46028352
2x assault formation
3x aurelia's fury
3x vent sentinel

Assault formation throws down some disproportionately big guys down. Aurelia's fury can burn em dead in 1. Vent Sentinel burns every turn equal to my defenders, and I tend to have like 4-7. Vent sentinel can dodge removal with jeskai barricade.

Do you think I need more win-cons than those 8?
>>
>>46028426
you want to use rally as a combat trick to block with all the creatures you will have to exile.

If they die before theyre exiled they go to the graveyard and trigger blood artist and zulaport cutthroat
>>
>>46028529
>Assault Formation
>All those defenders you have to pay mana for to attack.

I like your moxie, i really do but having to Ghostly Prison yourself just to attack is not a good thing against like the entire format.
>>
>>46016446
What are the chances ARcbound ravager gets banned?
If they banned anythign from affinity wat would it likely be?
>>
>>46028705
>mana out the ass
Too true. The assault formation strategy works best with the stupid amounts of mana I get off the like of Axebane Guardian and Overgrown Battlement. When I can tap for mana equal to my defenders...it generally means I can swing with 2+ dudes that have been buffed 2 or 3 times with assault formation. A pair of 6/6s on t4 is realistic. A real shit storm on t5 is very possible.
>>
>playing?
>brewing?
testing a WU emeria titan deck on Xmage.
>secret tech?
A playset of Gifts Ungiven mainboard. Gifts is my new favorite MTG card.
whatever new stuff Wizards prints in eldrich moon
>>
>>46025044
[standard] I run two jaces in my control deck, and those could easily be cut.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-16-esper-demonic-pact/
>>
>>46027468
Check "legality" on the card article. If modern is not listed among its formats, then it is not a playable card in modern.
>>
Just watched finals for GP Detroit. First time watching any competitive MTG and it honestly seems pretty fun. I need something besides EDH, because unfortunately it's getting boring. Any suggestions on where to start?
>>
File: cool deck bro.png (121 KB, 417x342) Image search: [Google]
cool deck bro.png
121 KB, 417x342
>>46028166
>all those walls
>none of which can block flyers
>>
>>46016446
>Cool walkers don't look at explosions
>>
>>46028763
Wizards jacks off to affinity too much.

They'd rather gut blue, eldrazi, and dredge a second time first
>>
>>46029168
Yeah, like I said, I was wondering if that'll be an issue. Delver is a problem, but I couldn't think of any other serious flying threats. Pyroclasm knocks out everything I can think of. Do you still think I need something to block em?

There's like...3-4 good reach/flying creatures, short of splashing blue for wall of denial.

What do you think of Wall of Tanglecord, aether membrane, or plumeveil? The first one has a great 0/6 body for a great price at 2 colorless, but it's susceptible to artifact hate and I need to activate reach for 1 g.

Meanwhile, the other 2 are challenging in terms of color: The membrane costs RR1, and the veil costs WWW, as I have no blue.
>>
>>46029260

>couldn't think of any other serious flying threats.

You must be really new at playing competitive magic. Let me give you a tip: inkmoth nexus.

Also your deck is highly inconsistent with 2-of paths 3-of bolts or 2-of assault formation
>>
File: index.png (172 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
index.png
172 KB, 265x370
I'm cuming so hard right now.
>>
>>46029496
translation?
>>
>>46029496
does that give other spirits hexproof until the end of turn?
>>
File: 1452420884753.gif (85 KB, 450x524) Image search: [Google]
1452420884753.gif
85 KB, 450x524
>>46029496
>Google this bad boy to confirm my poor french
>one site has it spoiled
>Google translate page
>"it does not break three legs to a duck"
> mfw
>>
flash flying
give another spirit hexproof till end of turn
you may play spirit cards as though they have flash
>>
>>46029260
wall of denial is like the best wall on earth
if you end up going bant colors, you can transmute drift of phantasms to tutor blue sun's zenith or freed from the real. Personally i think it'd be kinda cool if you ran death cloud or something

you should probably get spellskites at some point as i'm not sure how you beat burn or bogles with the current list. And like >>46029480 says, i would up assault formation and path counts.

as far as flying threats, apparently you haven't played against affinity or infect much?
>>
>>46029575
right image?
>>
>>46029496
I will blow such a huge load if we get Kamigawa after this block.
>>
>>46029496
>>46029598

so we have this, topplegeist and a bunch of thopter generators. is u/w flyers gonna be a thing?
>>
You can now flash gest into play and attack with pseudo haste
>>
>>46029672
Geist*
>>
>>46029607

I actually think the burn matchup is solid. Perimeter captain is brutal vs burn. A 0/4 blocker on t1, that will gain me life? They can't bolt it away, it stops goblin guide cold(as does basically all of my very high toughness list), and swiftspear doesn't fair much better. They either have to buff their creatures, or burn the creature at the same time that it's blocking. And I still gained 2 life either way. And life gain actually matters against a burn deck! I also have 2 mainboard pyroclasms, with 2 in the sideboard. So that tears up their creatures pretty good. That leaves them with direct burn spells as their only way to hit me, which takes a bit. I also have wall of essence sideboarded for burn. Also, if it really proves to be a problem, I can put leyline of sancitity in the sideboard.

Bogles is awkward though, yeah. Pyroclasms only work if I get them off t2 or t3. I have a lot of blockers, and I can afford to lose 1 a turn. Again, it's a situation where Perimeter captain helps enormously. However, once a bogle gets prot creature or once they start voltroning a silhana ledgewalker, I'm super fucked.

You make a good point about Inkmoth nexus though; I have bolts and other targeted removal, but no blockers against that very serious threat.

Hm. Aether membrane is sounding better and better. He can block flyers, knock any counters off by blinkmoth by returning them to hand, and he fucks up a bogle pretty damn good if he can block em. Sending them back to hand and their auras to the grave!
>>
>last night we got a low cmc vampire lord at rare
>now we get a low cmc spirit lord at rare

Are we getting another set of lords? Warewolf and Zombielords HYPE!

>yfw we get another wolf/warewolf that prevents warewolves from transforming back to humans or is a transform enabler without ending the turn or tapping anything down
>>
>>46029663
u/w fliers is always a thing
>>
>>46029582

"Tainted Chains"
1U
Creature - Spirit
Flash, flying

When Tainted Chains enters the battlefield, target spirit gains hexproof until end of turn.

You can cast spirit spells as though they had flash.
>>
>>46029786
i kinda thought you don't ramp high enough to do much before burn could kill you through bolts but idk how fast your deck plays out so

membrane seems like a decent blocker.
i'm not sure what you can do for tron and combo matchups though.
>>
>>46029607
>death cloud
Wait, the black card with all the sacrifice? Do you mean some other card? I may be retarded, but I have no idea why I would get another color and then play a sac card in my weird ramp combo deck
>>
>>46029919
yeah, you could play it off axebane and i assume you will tend to have more creatures than the opponent. You're right it's pretty stupid though. i was thinking it would be pretty cool to somewhat asymmetrically destroy manabases. unfortunately most of your guys die to wildfire, i suppose bust would probably be best for this purpose but there's also probably better stuff to spend six mana on..
>>
>>46016763
>Modern was once good

It never was, it was a casual shit format from the start. WoTC should have just stopped the rotation of Extended and then Devastating Dreams Vore, Counterspell, and good combo decks would keep everything in check.

I'm having Dredge withdrawal god damn't, let me play my fucking deck!!!
>>
>>46029496
>>46029906

so what spirits are there that we are interested in protecting or flashing?
>>
>>46029914
Well, tron's pyroclasms don't touch me. And I have 3x stony silence in the sideboard, so that they can't crack their rocks or blow their stones. If you know what I mean. So they better get out their other wins quickly, or they're in hot water. I also have decent sideboard tech in the form of deflecting palm; if they're coming at me in one massive attack, then I can blow it right back in their face.

Hell, now that I think about it, deflecting palm fucks boggles up pretty gnarly too. Maybe I'll get more than 2 deflecting palms in the sideboard. It might even be mainboard worthy,

Vs combo decks, I guess it depends on the combo. Against abzan company, I have ok spot removal to hit their melira or anafenza. I guess it depends on the combo matchup, and how susceptible the combo is to creature spot removal or artifact disruption. Mainboard has ok stuff vs the creatures, and sideboard 6 solid artifact hate cards.
>>
>>46029978
Here is a great question then friend. How do you deal with a resolved Karn/Ugin?
>>
>>46029974
You do realize even if they unbanned Dread Return your deck would STILL be too slow to see play right? You need shit like Cabal Therapy and Icorid to pull off the combos like in legacy.
>>
How well would a Goblin deck fare?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/modern-blood-goblins/
>>
>>46030127

8whack.
>>
>>46029978
stony silence seems pretty good.

Idk how fast the deck goes but it just seems kind of slow which is deadly against a lot of decks if you can't shut them down. I think your deck slows aggro down a lot and not much else. This is ok if you can win fast enough against other archetypes but it looks like you will have many difficult matchups
>>
>>46022701
Is free and good to learn with, but very restricted in every other sense. Recommended for absolute noobs. MTGO good if you've got no friends or FLGS to blow your neet money at.
>>
>>46030027
I'm not sure. How do most decks deal with it?

They knock out my ability to attack, pretty much immediately, either by blowing my field in Ugin's case or exiling my attack enabler in Karn's case. My best play is a rough one indeed; premature use of aurelia's fury to knock out the walker, diverting the rest to the tron player. Not good, it puts me in a position where I probably lose.

My best defense is to not let it get that far. If I can prevent them getting their full set of tron lands with my artifact hate, I'm in an ok spot. And if they put out a creature based threat with a complete tron, I could survive it in a number of ways. But it seems to me that only burn or something colorless could possibly push through a resolved ugin.
>>
>>46029496
This shitter convinced me to order some shitty spirit cards to build spirit tribal.

I'm just a sucker for tribal strategies in modern.

have elfs, merfolk, and allies. Wish I would have gotten the goblin cards before the price spike. might also force vampires.
>>
>>46030027
Pithing needle. :^)
>>
>>46030255

Same, I miss my INN-RTR spirit deck so much, always wanted to port it to modern but there was never any good two drops.
>>
>>46030372
Seems most of the inn tribes are getting decent/interesting support.

I just hope we also get an amazing thalia.
>>
File: i shiggy diggy.jpg (36 KB, 200x127) Image search: [Google]
i shiggy diggy.jpg
36 KB, 200x127
>>46022701
>>46030187
Why would you ever prefer magic online over Xmage?
>>
>>46030421

>all those missing cards
>all those modern/standard important cards that bug out and stop working, or don't work in the first place
>people quitting after the first game because the special snowflake brew they're playing catches fire and doesn't work

Pick one.
>>
>>46030490
Sounds like you're describing modo to me
>>
>>46030501

They're as bad as each other, I just prefer modo because there's less chance of a card suddenly flipping the fuck out and freezing gameplay entirely. Its not much but its less all the same.
>>
>>46030490
I've never experienced cards not working. The only card issue I have is when you rollback to beginning of turn with Demonic Pact in play, as it will still count the trigger you just selected, not allowing you to reselect it.
>>
>>46030490
Players quitting used to be a problem, but not anymore. They count each player's quit percentage, and when you create a table, you can choose to permit only players with a sub X percentage quit rate. I set X to 10 and enjoy games with no ragequits.
>>
>>46024886
>Blue is the color that keeps degeneracy down, not enables it.
>>
>>46029975
Drogskol Captain

we spirit hexproof deck now

Throw in some vials to swarm
Lingering Souls for value
Maybe some Phantasmal Image to copy Captain

might b cool

also Geist with flash is busted
>>
>>46029808
>>last night we got a low cmc vampire lord at rare

what ? where do you see it ? there is nothing at http://mythicspoiler.com/
>>
>>46029808
Honestly, the planeswalker will probably have something to do with flipping guys for you. It might not though because planeswalkers built to work with other cards are just odd and they should just stick with trying to make them good on their own.

still, I could see a - that flips all your guys
>>
>>46016763

I hope M15 + modern is real, it would be amaaazing
>>
>>46024131
Maybe if it wasn't shit that would be true.
>>
>>46030935

>Tainted Chains
>Drogskol Captain
>Lingering Souls
>Intangible Virtue
>Promise of Bunrei
>Geist of Saint Traft

Stop it anon I can only get so erect.
>>
>>46028166
Deck looked fun, so I ran it through a goldfish or two. It has some nice mana engines and card draw, but is somewhat clunky and lacks interaction. I'd go up to the max number of paths (condemns are a nice budget option). Vent Sentinals are nice, but very expensive, you may want to go down to 2. Also not loving the jeskai barricades. It feels like there are enough engine cards in here to make something work, but it needs more payoff (the deck feels like it stalls a little too easily, and you end up with some defenders and mana, but stall out when you draw lands for 2 or 3 turns in a row) and more interaction (look at a few modern matches, either locally, on GP coverage, or whatever, and get a feel for the speed of the format and the kids of early threats you need to be able to deal with). It does feel like this idea can be made to work, so good luck.
>>
>>46030193
>If I can prevent them getting their full set of tron lands with my artifact hate
This literally never happens, especially when 4 Nature's Claims come out of the side.
>>
>>46030357
A needle without a way to lock up the rest of the game (which for example Lantern does) or prevent O-Stone, Nature's Claims or Emrakul on turn n does nothing.
>>
File: cauldron haze.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
cauldron haze.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
what happens if I sacrifice 1/1 creature and cast this ? Does it go to GY,come back with -1/-1 and goes back to GY because its toughness is 0 ?
>>
>>46031969

or cast this and then sacrifice it
>>
>>46031969
I think you mean cast that before sacrificing and yes.
>>
>>46031969
Wierd way of wording it, as it would only have persist if you sacrificed the creature after playing this, but yes, if a 1/1 dies with persist, it dies, comes back as a 0/0, and immediately goes back to the graveyard due to state-based effects.
>>
>>46032016
>>46031993

so can creature then trigger blood artists twice ? dies-persist-dies ?
>>
>>46032050
Yes
>>
>>46032050
Yes, after persist resolves the creature immediately dies as a state-based action for having 0 toughness before anyone gets priority and relevant "dies" triggers are put on stack.
>>
>>46032070
>>46032089

that sounds pretty good and fun desu
>>
>>46016763
If they name it "post-modern" I'm in.
>>
>>46026716

>But the elves tend to fold to removal and sometimes hand-hate. All it takes is a couple Forked Bolt or Twin Bolt or Arc Trail and you're done. Wraths are available, Pithing Needles are available, spot removal is available though not super popular right now.

You could say any creature based deck folds to removal really.

Elves just goes fast and makes obscene amounts of mana or just vomits crazy ala Affinity. At the moment because of the Eldrazi menace nobody is really playing Pyroclasm which thus makes Elves naturally better positioned. Forked bolt can show up but i've never seen anyone play Twin Bolt or Arc Trail in Modern, not even in Burn. Wrath's are available sure but i've killed people long before they could even cast their Wrath of God or Damnation and sometimes I just Chord for a Dauntless Escort if it's Game 2 or 3. Pithing Needle doesn't really do anything against Elves since it can't shut off Heritage Druid ability, you can name Ezuri sure but you can just end up dying to Elf beatdown with Nettle Sentinel and mana dork+Pendlehaven or Shaman's of the Pack. Spot removal is all that is being played now in the Eldrazi decks and all their spot removal is bad against Elves which is why the deck is starting to see play because of a fairly decent matchup against those decks.

Personally speaking I've taken to putting 2-3 Leyline of Vitality in the side in Elves just to make Pyroclasms and sometimes Anger of the Gods as blank cards.
>>
Why do you love 8 rack?
>>
>>46033143
No one does, it's more about hating your opponent and being bitter about not having enough dough for full Jund.
>>
>>46033143
It lets me run based Pack Rat.
>>
>>46033192
I do hate most of the spergs at my lgs.
I don't want to play jund value town I want to play the rack
>>
>>46028166
Let me help you out a little bit:

x4 Overgrown Battlement
x3 Axebane Guardian
x4 Wall of Omens
x4 Spellskite
x4 Wall of Roots
x1 Ulamog (either works. I prefer the original but if Ceaseless Hunger works fine)

That's all you need for creatures. Trust me.

x3 Blood Moon
You're going to be playing almost exclusively basics and fetches so the ability to get some free wins is nice. If you'd prefer, run one in the main and two in the board, but there's no reason not to run them all main.

x1 Worship
You'll want more in the board, but even before Eldrazi this card did serious work. Survived Abrupt Decay and could NOT be answered by Twin short of a cryptic command. Very powerful deck.

x4 Assault Formation
You could probably cut this to 3 but that's personal taste. This will likely be the biggest target for your opponent's removal (Abrupt Decay, Thoughtseize and Maelstrom Pulse probably).

x4 Genesis Wave
Your primary wincon. You ramp up to absurd mana so it's not uncommon to Genesis Wave for more than 7-8 and hit a lethal amount of walls + Assault formation.

x2 Banefire
Your alternate wincon. While hitting for 20 isn't uncommon, you'll likely only have to hit for about 15 or so considering shocks, fetches and thoughtseizes in the format.

For a removal suite you consider Path to Exile or Beast Within. You don't care about 3/3 beast tokens since virtually all your creatures are representing at least 4 toughness. You can probably afford to run 2-3 of them in this list, more if you drop copies of blood moon/spellskite (skite is much less useful post Twin).

For the sideboard you want Rest in Peace, Stony Silence, more copies of Worship, Ensnaring Bridge and whatever answers are best for your local meta.
>>
>>46033319
Well then it follows you just don't like winning as much or really have an axe to grind with combo decks that don't run Leyline of Sanctity.
>>
>>46033143
It's actually fun to play and sequencing is important c:
>>
>>46033346
But it's actually pretty good
How do you play with no hand? I'll take any real threats with my targeted discard then just wrench and lili
>>
>>46033492
By topdecking new ones, literally every tier deck does this.
>>
I'm new to madern and don't want to spend too much on a deck. The 2 budget decks that interest me are Pili-Pala combo and mono red burn, which should I go for?
>>
>>46033506
That doesn't save you from a dakmor loop or multiple racks or even the beats from nyx, rats or the vault
>>
>>46033516
You can buy Legacy burn for about the same price tag, play the better format.
>>
>>46033539
It's not better. You may like it more but there is plenty of dumb shit in legacy
>>
>>46033533
So what? Rat beats and several turns of discard before racks are even active is slower than any dedicated aggro deck and for eaxmple Tron resets the board with Ugin and/or O-Stone, Karn -3s your threats, any land tutors gets Eye of Ugin, Ulamog/Emrakul is gg, Wurmcoil gains more life than you can deal.
>>46033574
At least Legacy isn't raped by bannings and/or new cards every year or so.
>>
>>46033539
Legacy doesn't interest me as much as modern, mostly because I started playing in Mirrodin and it's nice to play only with cards that have been released since I've been playing.
>>
>>46033506
>>46033533
8 rack is good breh.

These are The most common builds of 8rack.

The Traditional 8rack (default):
Lands
2 Dakmor Salvage
4 Mutavault
12 Swamp
4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Spells
4 Thoughtseize
4 Raven's Crime
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Wrench Mind
2 Victim of Night
Permanents
4 Liliana of the Veil
4 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Pack Rat
4 The Rack
4 Shrieking Affliction

Robert Leva Newest Brew (its bad):
2 Dakmor Salvage
12 Swamp
4 Thoughtseize
4 Raven's Crime
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Liliana of the Veil
4 Wrench Mind
4 The Rack
4 Shrieking Affliction
3 Pack Rat
3 Victim of Night
1 Ratchet Bomb
3 Nyxathid
4 Mutavault

Tom Ross Edition (dont like it as much as the default list):
Planeswalkers (4)

4 Liliana of the Veil
Lands (24)

16 Swamp
4 Mutavault
Spells (32)

4 The Rack
4 Shrieking Affliction
4 Dismember
2 Funeral Charm
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Raven's Crime
4 Smallpox
3 Thoughtseize
4 Wrench Mind
>>
>>46033621
Not him but every time I watch legacy it's just someone trying to go off immediately and being forced. Then durdle and top deck
>>
>>46033702
Then you need to watch more fair/midrange and control matches, they actually exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwdWj_RAUew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TYfkQi9N-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkYKettlZA
>>
>>46033681
>Robert Leva
This guy is the biggest autist ever. Read his primer the other day and he's just so convinced he's the rack king and no other lists should be played lol
>>
>>46033681
Tom Ross's list is bad
>>
>>46033681
Smallpox does absolute work against my friend's Tron deck. It seriously trashes him.
>>
>>46033811
theyre sideboard material
>>
>>46033849
Seems like bridge would be. But there already bringing artifact hate so it's bad
>>
Is pox a good deck in legacy?
>>
File: arlinn-kord.png (292 KB, 446x311) Image search: [Google]
arlinn-kord.png
292 KB, 446x311
>>
>>46034115
Meant to post that saying "what do you guys think of this"

wow im retarded
>>
Have anyone tried mardu midrange here? I'm thorned between mardu and junk, or grixis
>>
>>46034115
Does she have counters in wolf form? I don't see any
>>
>>46034169
she would have the same amount of counters she had when she flips

there's no loyalty thing on that side because she can't ETB flipped.
>>
>>46034115
This should be 3cmc smhh
>>
>>46033702
Every time I watch it's RUG Delver hiding behind its wall of Dazes, FoWs, and nonstop cantrips like the little shit it is.
>>
>>46034115
She's fine I guess. Very whelming
>>
>>46034115
Would rather play huntmaster for that cost
>>
>>46034363
There's arguments for either one, I feel.
Huntmaster is more volatile with his value, Arlinn is a gradual but consistent source of it.
>>
Just bought lilis for 600
Kill me
>>
File: littlegreenmen.jpg (436 KB, 1239x697) Image search: [Google]
littlegreenmen.jpg
436 KB, 1239x697
>>46016446
>playing?
Pic related

>brewing?
Nothing, as Modern is a ginormous crater right now.

>secret tech
None. Though I really like Reid Duke's Pay No Heed as an anti-clasm card.

Counterspells. Buy your Snapcasters. Buy 'em now.
>>
File: Deck concept.jpg (205 KB, 1329x700) Image search: [Google]
Deck concept.jpg
205 KB, 1329x700
I love Naya colors but I don't like Zoo nor Burn. I was wondering, would a "bigger" version of Zoo work ?

Something mindrang-y more focused on big beaters that use the traditionnal Naya spells as removal rather than face damage.

Thoughts ?
>>
>>46035143
This is just worse Junk/Jund/Creatures Toolbox unfortunately.
>>
>>46035143
Atarka's could possibly be something that actually directly interacts with the board rather than facedamage, and I'm sure there's a better use of Loxodon's slot.
>>
Any good deck-building programs?
Something like gatherer with drag and drop so you can see the deck building up?
>>
>>46035143
I think I would rather play stormbreath dragon as a finisher.
Zoo is all right. For bigger game, consider huntmaster of the fells, thragtusk. For smaller game, consider CoCo.
>>
>>46035207
I use tappedout. It's a website. You can download your decks in various file formats, including magic online deck format.
>>
>>46035207
Xmage
The deck editor is great
>>
>>46035207
Deckstats, Tapped Out and Mtggoldfish all have decent integrated deckbuilders with stats and visual view of the deck. Idk about an actual program tho.
>>
>>46035325
But anon, the deck editor is by far the worst part of XMage. It's absurdly slow and doesn't let you drag cards around to organize them the way you want. If the person asking has access to Magic Online, I'd just use that. You can use the deckbuilder without owning the cards, and then export the list. You can probably do that even with the trial version. It's slow, but nowhere near as bad as XMage.
>>
>>46035302
>>46035325
>>46035329
Thank you kindly all
>>
>>46035143
I don't know about Atarka's Command being in a midrange deck, it feels more tuned for a weenies/zoo build.

Maybe consider Arlinn Kord for this deck? Also where is goyf?
>>
>>46035399
You have several sorting options
>>
>>46035184
Yhea, figured that Abzan/Jund is better at midrange, mainly because of Black removal being so much better than just bolts.

Still badly want this to be a deck

>>46035263
>>46035198
Huntmaster seems a pretty good replacement for Loxodon actually. Don't know if it will make the cut at making the deck viable
>>
>>46035432
Just because a card is new doesn't make it good
Arlin is straight up bad
>>
>>46035498
>Best RG walker printed to date
>Bad
>>
>>46035487
>>46035498
>Huntmaster
>Arlinn

Why not run both.
WOLFMOM AND WOLFDAD.
>>
>>46035511
Being the best pile of shit still makes you a pile of shit
>>
>>46035432
I dont have the money for a playset of Goyfs unfortunately. Considering Knights instead.

I don't really know about Arlin, what makes her good ? I don't see it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.