[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basketball in 5e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 225x224
Hey /tg, can you help me come up with some rules for playing basketball in 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons?

Full court, 5 on 5 or 3 on 3 if some players don't show up.
>>
How about we start with "no magic" and "no flight"?
>>
Dogs cannot play.
>>
>>46016207
A rogue swashbuckler would have some sweet moves on the court.
>>
Roll initiative every round.

Move as normal, can use action to Pass, Shoot, or Steal.

Passing is a DC 10 Dexterity check, Shooting is a DC 15 Dexterity check. Both have a range of 15/60 (so past 15 feet you have disadvantage on the check).

Stealing can be done against the current ball-owner if they're within 5 feet of you with opposed Dexterity checks. If you're within 5 feet of the line of a Pass or Shoot, you can use your reaction to Steal, making a Dexterity check against the player's check for Passing or Shooting.
>>
>>46016926
Ah right.

If you fail a Shoot, it bounces off the backboard. If you fail by 5 or more, it goes out of bounds.

On a failed Pass, the ball goes 1d6 * 10 feet in a straight line toward where you passed, and someone in the line of the pass can use their reaction to pick up the ball, no check required.

Adjust and adjudicate as-needed.
>>
>>46016207
No! There is simply no reason to do this! Why must you fuckers try to force D&D to model every god damn thing? Fuck you! I don't know what game can model basketball best but I am sure as fuck that it is not a game about dungeon crawling fantasy combat.
>>
>>46017310
Hey, anon, I think you need to shut up and slam.

>>46016926
I can see a Battlemaster fighter being a very good player. I almost want to say a subsystem of being able to bid or spend hit points (as an abstract to measure of vitality and injury instead of flat injury) or bid levels of fatigue to get bonuses on those checks or for extra movement.
>>
>>46017310
You're in Maztica and have been captured for ritual sacrifice, unless you can beat the champions at a game of elbowing or kicking a ball through opposed vertical hoops!
>>
Also, dribbling should cost movement. Like, every 10ft of movement costs 5ft for dribbling.
>>
>>46017310
https://youtu.be/J9FImc2LOr8
>>
>>46016207
Someone alert me when we get a pdf for this. If honestly throw a couple bucks at drivethrurpg for this or any major league sport really.
>>
>>46016207
5e is not GURPS. 5e is not SW. Hell, 5e isn't even 3.PF. 5e is a very specialized game, for a very narrow spectrum of games, and it's damn-near perfect for that small purview, but it does not stretch itself as well as you are used to D&D stretching from the last two editions.
>>
File: 1035x771-BlakeGriffin_Card.png (2 MB, 1035x771) Image search: [Google]
1035x771-BlakeGriffin_Card.png
2 MB, 1035x771
>>46016926
>>46017100
>>46017496
>>46017595
OP here, and I like the things people suggested. I'll post something in the 5eg after this game goes down, just to let you guys know how it goes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.