[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Tiamat is approaching the Realm, a strange new disease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: rsz_tiamat.png (491 KB, 650x273) Image search: [Google]
rsz_tiamat.png
491 KB, 650x273
Since Tiamat is approaching the Realm, a strange new disease has erupted among all sorts of creatures.

How should i shape the Tiamat-related plague in my setting?

It's 5e, dnd, placed in Faerun.

thanks
>>
Dragonrot.
>>
>>46011765
Is this described somewhere in the books? Should it just be refluffed mummy rot?
>>
>>46011751
Everything turns into dragons. Everything.

Dragon ducks, dragon mice, dragon trees, dragon moss, and especially dragon people.
>>
>>46011751

I like this one: >>46012025

But I would just limit it to anyone who has "Dragon Blood" in them, like if you're using Tiamat I can only assume you're doing up Dungeons and Dragons where normal people can be descendant from dragons because someone in their family fucked one; producing sorcerers, etc..

Tiamat's presence is awakening people's Dragon Blood and mutating them into Dragonkin so she has a fresh stock of master-race dragon born to rule when she's done conquering this piece of shit world.
>>
>>46012237
Thanks, my friend came up with it for the Dragon Island story arc he's running. There's a stone in the middle of the island that makes everything turn dragon-y.
>>
OP here.

Dragon ducks and dragon mice packs. All chromatics, ofc. it'll be glorious.
>>
>>46011751
okay the disease will be called chimerism or something of that affect. it will show up in animals by them sprouting more heads/limbs sometimes even of other animals. it will cause similar things in humans but humans will only sprout limbs or take on characteristics of other humanoid creatures. like a dwarf will grow elf ears or elfs will grow beards. and while extremely rare humanoids will painfully sprout a second head that will be functionally brain dead but in rare cases that second head will have a small amount of intelligence.
>>
>>46013334
Small red-scaled claws growing from random parts of human bodies. Scaled tongues. Scales growing over eyes.

I like this
>>
File: chimerism mutation chart.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
chimerism mutation chart.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46013334
i made a roll chart
>>
>>46011751
Animals start growing painful dragonlike chromatic scales on their bodies, in addition to dragonlike fins starting to pierce through their back, growing from the spinal coords. Their stomach sacks begin producing strange gases which easily light on fire and therefore many die from inside burns. Those who survive long enough also obtain excellent night vision and a hunger for overly burnt flesh and greed for gold, in addition to deformed useless wings growing from their shoulder joins or shoulder plates. Plants slowly grey and wither, often catching fire.
>>
>>46014215
nightvision manifests itself as lizard like eyes with slit pupils.and the sclera yellowing.
>>
>>46011751
there is a kind of disease in the iron kingdoms setting, wich is produced by the dragons... i think its actually called dragon blight or just the blight, people starts losing hair, their eyes become dragon-like and gain low light vision, they grow small scales and their fingernails grow like claws, they also gain AC+1 or something like that

im actually using it in my 3.5 campaing
>>
>>46013334
One thing I would consider adding to it is the chance of personality changes and shifts. Tiamat is a powerful symbol of Greed, Gluttony, and Chaos, so maybe some people have mental reactions, becoming obsessed with those qualities, with or without visible physical deformations.

I'd also play with separate personalities, but that's more Demogorgon than Tiamat, so your mileage may vary.
>>
Dragon dick.
>>
File: dragontf.jpg (151 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
dragontf.jpg
151 KB, 1000x700
>>46011751
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.