[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your setting's Tony Stark equivalent offers to build your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1452003379036.png (375 KB, 656x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452003379036.png
375 KB, 656x1200
Your setting's Tony Stark equivalent offers to build your character a suit of power armor (or... fuck, I dunno, wearable Warforged for the D&D players among us?) to your specifications. Money is no object.

What does your character want in their super suit?
>>
>>46011704
As much magic-storing, magic-conducting and general magic-manipulating circuitry as physically possible without compromising the suit's stability.

A true Wizard wants not the power to emulate the Warrior, for he has already surpassed the barbaric realm of applied mechanisms.
>>
Fully climate controlled to the point where it can be used as a space suit for extended time is bare minimum.
>>
File: PBF155-Gigaknight.jpg (128 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
PBF155-Gigaknight.jpg
128 KB, 900x300
>>
>>46011746
Why not both?
>>
File: big pile of dust.jpg (59 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
big pile of dust.jpg
59 KB, 550x450
>>46011704
A built-in staff of disintegration. I'm a man of simple tastes, I just want to be able to point at something and have it not exist anymore.
>pic related, it was a castle just a few seconds ago
>>
>>46011704
Rocket punches and fin funnels and Getter Vision and all that other /m/ crap.
I wanna be the superest robot.
>>
>>46011704
A SCRAM jet.
>>
>>46011704
Can I just have the money? Suit like that brings too much attention
>>
One that provides ample durability without compromising mobility in any way. Bonus points if it enhances it. But most importantly of all, it must not interfere with my spellcasting.
>>
The one I already own, but with as much upgrades as possible. Also maybe an integrated jetpack.
Nothing is quite as likely to induce enemy mass suicide as a Hutt performing death-from-above with a fucking E-Web. How the hell are you supposed to counter that?
>>
>>46011704
Protection from Evil.

Time to go a'smiting.
>>
Going by the last character I played:
>adjustable protection of the eyes from bright lights
>some way of wielding weapons sized for Medium or larger creatures without penalty
>silver foil lining and magic-diverting cage to keep that damn wizard shit at bay
>the ability to quickly get out of the armor and bail
>gun arms
>LOTS of extra ammo storage
>>
File: 1406801923080.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1235) Image search: [Google]
1406801923080.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1235
Some essentials include:

- Decent stat boosts
- At least 5 days of life support
- Ranged weapons, one for massive single target damage and one good splash weapon like a flamethrower.
- Self repairing nanomachines
- Compresses into my body when not using
- Flight
- At least 3 alternate modes for varying degrees of power and speed
- Reactive armor system for taking heavy fire
- Self charging system so I doubt have to be near an electrical outlet to recharge the suit
>>
Self contained air supply is the biggest one.
>>
>>46013096
I dunno... a salt shaker?
>>
File: Classic Knight.jpg (188 KB, 897x1000) Image search: [Google]
Classic Knight.jpg
188 KB, 897x1000
>>46011704
It'd look like this.

Light, intelligent, magically resistant, makes me stronger and faster, provides breathable air, and heals me passively.

I could carry around the helmet to have my version of JARVIS chatting with me.
>>
>>46011704

I wouldn't want to be encumbered too much by making the armor stupid heavy and thick so instead just make it very, very durable and line it with some sort of force multiplier so I can hit harder and quicker than I could in the past. Fuck loading it down with magic resistances, if I can move quick enough and hard enough I can cut the wizard down before he casts some kind of spell.
>>
>>46017381
Enchanted intelligent necklace that interfaces with the armor when worn.
>>
>>46011704
Bi-Pedal Humanoid Design

1) 15 Year Minimum Nuclear Power or Equivalent, Rechargeable or Replaceable
2) Long Range and Short Range Radar, Up to 50 km, and Ability to Track up to 75 Targets
3) Combat HUD and Display, Connected to Pilot's Helmet
4) Laser Targeting System, Assisted Tracking and Identification, 15 km Range
5) Long Range, Directional Radio Communications, Effective Range of 800 km, plus Short Range, Effective Range of 15 km, and Built In Loudspeakers, 80 Decibels
7) Computer Controlled Life Support System, with Internal Cooling and Temperature Control
8) Artificial Air Circulation System, Gas Filtration, and Humidifier
9) Independent, Computer Controlled, Closed Oxygen Supply, and Purge System. 8 Hours of Oxygen
10) Insulated, High Temperature Resistant Shielding, Up to 450 Degrees Centigrade
11) Radiation Shielding with, Built in Geiger Counter
11) Ability to Operate Underwater up to 160 m
12) Running Speed 240 km, Leaping Height 10 m, Jet Boosters 30 m High and 60 m Across.
13) Shoulder Mounted Railgun
14) Wrist Rocket/Grenade Launcher
15) Knuckle Blades
16) Full Sized Usable Laser Rifle
>>
>>46011704
I want every gun ever made.
>>
>>46011704
>Elder non-violent high-humanity Malkavian Dragon
As many gadgets as possible and a pimped design (cyberpunk) adorned with neons and occult symbols
>mace sprays
>hallucinogenic spray/injector
>smoke-screen
>limited flight and speed enhancement for quick escapes
>stealth options
>built-in stereo for dramatic effects, speeches and leisure
>an oversized ornate codpiece
>>
My skaven admiral gets Skryre power armor. He proceeds to go power mad and attempt to usurp as much power as possible. He gets killed by his Lord of Decay without trouble.
>>
>>46011704
An onahole
>>
File: 1457537892216.jpg (478 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
1457537892216.jpg
478 KB, 550x778
>>46011704
Ranged options would be nice but I feel that defeats the idea of being in armor in the first place so would probably want to be a lightly armored DPS. Some form of flight, preferably as fast as they can get it. The idea of it being linked to my nervous system or have it be enchanted itself with magical JARVIS. A weapon would also be required, a lance for penetrating weak points on armor and a dagger to exploit said weakness.
>>
>>46017381
I designed a Shadowrun character based off that picture.... and then I decided he needed to be a Ghoul Giant Adept.
>>
File: tacticool venom.jpg (62 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
tacticool venom.jpg
62 KB, 940x529
>>46011704
Can I trade my Iron Man suit for a Venom suit?
>>
At least some method of taking a piss or a dump without needing to take it off.

And no, I am not handling it the same way astronauts do, fuck that.
>>
>>46011704
360 degree vision, binocular in three dimensions
Hermetically sealed with heat exchanger and rebreather systems
IV nutrient drip and dialysis system; I don't want to be bothered by biological functions
Jump pack
Obviously powerful impact and penetration resistance along with strength enhancement is mandatory

There's the basics, but there's a few other useful things I wouldn't mind having:
Dragon breath weapon
A few retractable blades
Communication, telemetry, and navigation systems
It would be kind of cool to control it remotely from inside an attached bag of holding for extra protection
Cloaking device
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.