[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tg think of mwg??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mwg.jpg (18 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
mwg.jpg
18 KB, 440x440
>>
>>46011685
Covers literally nothing I have any interest in.
>>
File: ah.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
ah.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>46011685
Don't know the rules to their games and constantly break them, then handwave it as not being a big deal.
>>
>>46011685
Matthew or what ever the fuck his name is.. The owner of MWG is a fucking SJW cunt.
>>
they seem like nice guys. i bought from them all the time until gw made them take down their web store. they always put a candy bar in the box with a handwritten note.
>>
>>46011890
Well better than being rule nazis.
>>
>>46011685
I won a 120 dollar Eternal Crusade pack from them when I wasn't supposed to and they gave me it anyway when they found out.

Honestly they seem like nice guys and I'd love to play them.

Also Dave looks like Emperor Meiji.
>>
>>46012001
That sounds.....Really nice, actually.
>>
File: warbosslincoln.jpg (67 KB, 604x449) Image search: [Google]
warbosslincoln.jpg
67 KB, 604x449
>>46011685
Steve is my favorite i like watching him play warhammer fantasy.

Chris is excellent at painting and gives great advice/tips.

Matt seems like and alright guy.

Everyone else i don't really care about.
>>
Dave is personable only in the videos. In person he's a massive, massive cunt. I attended every Apocalypticon event they had and he was legitimately an asshole to 4 out of 5 people that talked with him. He's also the reason why they stopped buying GW products. Matt's a decent guy, I liked him.
>>
>>46012921
Huh. I always figured it was the other way around.
What about Dan?
>>
>>46012964
Matt's just awkward. Dave is a snarky cunt. Dan? He's as nerdy as Matt but more personable. Really got into all the events, and I don't have anything bad to say about him.
>>
Matt is a cool guy. I like his campaigns and it's by far the most competent. Also I respect him as a businessman.

The others... Meh.
I can't stand Dave.
>>
>>46011940
No he is a Mormon
>>
Owen was too good for this channel, too pure. Yet somehow Gaming with the Cooler as its' own channel is also very meh. Owen at MWG was a combination greater than the sum of its' parts.

Dan was my runner-up favourite. Managed to be relaxed, funny and quirky without being a loud overbearing tosspot.

Joe was also the man. Dunno why I liked his stuff so much.

Dave is kind of getting his over 'what even is a rulebook' phase where he was on medication and could barely string a sentence together, let alone play 40k, but he's still firmly in the camp of 'shouting things in a dumb voice and making subvocalisations is funny', which makes his videos pretty hard watching. Also still has moments where he takes a very long time to remember stuff. For that I can't blame him, he sounded like he was doped to the eyeballs on pretty strong stuff, but it doesn't stop it from being annoying. Also defends his Sons of Horus being painted up as Salamanders, which bothers me to an unreasonable degree.

Matt's okay. Way too fond of 'we're going to make an AWESOME custom scenario' but doesn't realise that making rules is actually kind of hard and so ends up making either lolrandumb or horribly lopsided or both.

Steve HEAVY BREATHING ALL DAY ERRYDAY I can put up with because fuck knows you're not going to get a Fantasy batrep literally anywhere else on Youtube. Not a fan of his 40k stuff though.

Quirk fills me with such torrible raeg that I can't even speak about him. I think he's gotten better, but his first like dozen batreps were unviewable garbage and first impressions count.

Kris is the only one left I genuinely enjoy watching, but he's basically Vault-only so mwap mwap.

I still watch their videos because other than Frontline Gaming, WW40k Australia and a couple of the Tabletop Tactics videos YouTube battle reports are unutterable garbage. Striking Scorpion82 spends... about a minute... consisting of sixty seconds... one minute... one 60th of an hour... making a point
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.