[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do albino characters sit on the special snowflake scale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 28
Where do albino characters sit on the special snowflake scale?
>>
Just below good drow.
>>
>>46010924
The Snowflake part.
>>
>>46010924
If they take a penalty to being outdoors on a sunny day, they don't.

But if they are just "Oh look at my pretty hair and pale skin" it's pretty shitty. Besides, they got freaky eyes.
>>
I think it depends? Does it make them a hated outcast by superstitious villagers? Do they have to avoid the sun? Is it harder for them to get people to trust them? If it isn't just aesthetic and actually affects their life, it's not a snoflake trait. If it's just aesthetic, yous a flake meng
>>
File: albino13.jpg (60 KB, 528x680) Image search: [Google]
albino13.jpg
60 KB, 528x680
Tendency to have shit eyesight, sunburn on anything but the most British of overcast days and the risk of being cut up for unga bunga voodoo good luck charms.

If they have this it's not snowflake.

If its that shit stain from Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty then go jump in a fucking fire you insufferable turd.
>>
>>46012451
Raiden is blonde.
>>
>>46010924
I guess it depends on race.

Human is dangerous tier, half-elf and half-demons/angels/elementals as well as human assasins are lost cause, lizard and snakemen are business as usual and orc would be rather interesting.
>>
>>46012506
He still played the same part.

The most boring of white hair protagonists

He was snowflake to the power of snowflake and made people think less of any character with white hair that came after Finn McCool.

He might not have been an actual albino but he filled the part of "aesthetic albino" perfectly.
>>
>>46012662
Raiden is not intended to be taken seriously. Especially in Revengeance. The whole game is a little tongue in cheek and revels in it's own goofiness.

The problems arise when edgelords don't realize this.
>>
>>46012662
He was fucking clueless doofus with some added trauma and his bitching girlfriend almost broke him down entirely.
>>
>>46010924
Meh/10

If you're RPing the character, and keeping their weaknesses in mind, instead of just taking it as filler in place of character motivation.
>>
>>46010924
>Pic
Considering it's a T1 mutation anyone can pick up at chargen, not very snowflake.
>>
>>46012662
Did you even play MGS2? If you did, you'd know that's not Raiden at all.
>>
>>46012787
I always get wary when player spends lot of time describing his characters looks.

Does the color of the hair of your rogue matter? You'll be wearing a disguise or sit unseen in the corner 70% of the time.
>>
one of my char is albino in a exploration/space opera setting
it's a desavantage (incurable disease) and played that way: i can't see shit at long distance or in bright luminosity, some planet are a hell for me to explore were other player take stun due to the heat i take real damage ...
i am the pilot of my team so i am in the spotlight 2 time by session when i land the ship and when we leave
so imao albino are and should not be special snowflake
>>
This thread has me worried, although I've always known that I'm wading through snowflake territory deep down.
My character was born on a snowy planet orbiting a white dwarf, where the sunlight is so paltry that the natives evolved to produce as little melanin as possible (so as to more efficiently absorb what meagre light there is).
> + She is much more susceptible to heat. A 'nice day' to most people would be an uncomfortable and very sweaty affair for her, although she wouldn't have quite as rough a time of it as a fully-fledged albino.
> - But she is also less susceptible to cold. Any outsider visiting her homeworld would probably think they were freezing to death for the duration. She would feel right at home.
> - It aesthetically works slightly to her advantage, since modern and sci-fi settings tend to be more receptive to exotic physiology.
> - No effect on her eyesight.
Rate my degeneracy.
>>
>>46012662
>The memes!
>>
File: maphe headshot.jpg (313 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
maphe headshot.jpg
313 KB, 600x849
>>46010924
better than having white hair without being old/albino, and is more likely to come into play than heterochromia, which is worse and more overdone. The fact that I can't actually even think of any albino characters is a good sign. On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is the forgettable sidekick and 10 is ichigo, I put it at about a 5 or 6. If played as an actual albino rather than just a pale dude, go for it.
>>
File: dracula castlevania.jpg (36 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
dracula castlevania.jpg
36 KB, 450x300
>>46010924
Philosophical vampire tier.
>>
File: sand princess.jpg (210 KB, 769x1039) Image search: [Google]
sand princess.jpg
210 KB, 769x1039
>>46013107
believable/10, seems straight out of star trek. Locations are more likely to be normal/warm than they are to be cold, so it's going to be a minus more often than a plus, which always brings the mary-sue-ness down a couple notches, assuming you actually play it as such. Have her wear loose robes like people in the middle-east do (shade and air-flow) as an excuse to not have her crippled when she's anywhere warmer than canada
>>
>>46013219
I'm 20 and my hair is already going white. It's not unbelievable.
>>
File: tumblr_m5dm0l9pnD1rtagluo1_500.jpg (10 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5dm0l9pnD1rtagluo1_500.jpg
10 KB, 500x260
I do kind of like the idea of albinism or heterochromia as the sign of some kind of actual curse or pact.

Like if a character came to the table and went "One of my eyes is creepy as shit and a different color as a mark of his warlock pact" I'd say it's an okay application. Same with albino. Or if they wanted to be an anime albino and have some kind of horrible illness that sometimes comes up and causes problems (maybe its why they're adventuring) then cool I'd say that still works

But yeah if there's nothing there beyond them being an albino with one purple eye and one orange eye who dual wields katanas made from his dead parents spines then well yeah that's not going to fly very far.
>>
>>46013107
>Rate my degeneracy.
did she take social malus cause she stink and is all sweaty in normal environement ?
> It aesthetically works slightly to her advantage
how ? she is litteraly that moist and sweaty girl you avoid making contact with
is sweat stain under the arms sexyO_o
>>
>>46013655
Going white, or already all white? There's a big difference
>>
File: edgiest character ever.png (137 KB, 1341x667) Image search: [Google]
edgiest character ever.png
137 KB, 1341x667
>>46013673
>katanas made from his dead parents spines
I understood that reference
>>
>>46013692
>O_o
I'm getting vietnam flashbacks.
>>
>>46013655
How long has Steve Martin had grey/white hair? I feel like he had it even when he was much younger
>>
>>46013732
I'm never going to forget that part of that thread. It's going to stick with me forever as truly being the sharpest of edges.
>>
>>46013695
About 30% at this point. It'll probably be all white when I'm 25.
>>
>>46013445
>(shade and air-flow)
>air-flow
Hold on, can... Can I use this to justify the ridiculous gaps in her canon uniform?
Not so believable now, is she?
>>
>>46014043
What's her uniform look like?
>>
File: Uni.png (943 KB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
Uni.png
943 KB, 740x1000
>>46014043
And of course I would forget the image.
>>
>>46012988
Of course it does. How else are we supposed to interrogate passersby for their whereabouts after they steal our shit?
>>
>>46014063
Mmm mmm mmmm. Lose the stockings.
>>
>>46010924
Depends on whether they're monster hunting trailer trash.
>>
>>46014110
I tried editing out the stockings once before. It made her look like a slutty secretary, which is less than ideal.
I can't tell if that's a disapproving 'mm mm mm' or the sort of 'mm mm mm' that comes after a tasty meal, which would drastically recontextualize your request to remove the stockings.
>>
File: 126546308.png (81 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
126546308.png
81 KB, 500x243
>>46010924
Very high.

Unless you're rolling for character traits, then it doesn't really matter, since you were unlucky in your roll.
>>
>>46014313
Who says it can't be both?
>>
>>46010924
Depends on the race and the meaning of it.

I mean if you are like a race of borderline mad albino men or something then that's pretty vital. Or if you have to deal with the setting flaws for being one. Just kind of tossing it in with no real influence on their life though would read oddly to me unless there was serious genetic issues in the setting.

>>46012988
Most people are judged by their appearances. If I"m GMing personally I like to have a excellent mental image of what signals the PCs are giving by their dress and mannerisms.

>>46013219
>Can't actually even think of any albino

Elric of Melnibone.
>>
>>46014945
Clarify why you want the stockings off so I can stop being paranoid about her design, you cuck.
>>
>>46015339
Did you post in the wrong thread, anon?
>>
>>46014043
>>46014063
Not really. Sunburn protection take priority. You don't want her getting skin cancer now, do you?
>>
>>46015366
Yeah i did. Was gonna post that in the drawthread but didn't check which tab i was on.

Oh well don't mind me, carry on.
>>
>>46015134
Never.
>>
File: hey there fella.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hey there fella.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>
File: You fucked up.png (265 KB, 460x483) Image search: [Google]
You fucked up.png
265 KB, 460x483
Fun fact:
Freeze branding turns hair white/makes the hair grow out to be white.
It's decent justification for why many people with ice powers have white hair: The follicles were subjected to a flash of coldness at some point.
>>
>>46015378
Hmm. Bugger. Sounds like I'm going to have to find some new reference pictures.
>>
>>46015378
>>46015726
...however, you may be able to do a skinsuit. Something thin and breathable, so not latex, but rather clothlike.

Unfortunately the best example I have in my art is, well... but still
>>
File: dying wish.jpg (877 KB, 1276x1291) Image search: [Google]
dying wish.jpg
877 KB, 1276x1291
>>46015765
pic dropped for some reason
>>
>>46012662
You're dumb.
>>
>>46015677
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_brand
It's true.
You now have scientifically accurate reasons for your character having white hair, or if you're a madman, partially white hair.
>>
File: The nozzle.gif (3 MB, 636x318) Image search: [Google]
The nozzle.gif
3 MB, 636x318
>>46015656
>PC's don't meet another albino who rescues them from the sun
>>
>>46010924
Where does Melanism sit?
>>
>>46012662
>aesthetic albino
Only from the upper jaw down.
>>
>>46013655
Just look at Father Ted.
>>
File: er.png (1 MB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
er.png
1 MB, 740x1000
>>46015765
Sort of like this...?
>>
Thinking of making my BBEG an albino. This is more of a Bladerunner-style campaign, and the antagonist is a serial killer.

He's actually trying to find someone whose genome will unlock a vault full of ancient technology, but kills them after failed attempts so no finds out. But I feel like this isn't really ambitious enough to be BBEG material.
>>
>>46016335
if you the pc are law enforcer that 's good bbeg
>>
>>46016331
Make it white and you should be fine
>>
>>46012988
Hair colour is not in-depth at all, that's such a basic and defining part of one's appearance that it should be expected. I'm with you on your point, but not your example.
>>
>>46016399
The PCs are mostly vigilantes (one lawman), two out for revenge against him specifically for killing loved ones.
>>
File: um.png (1 MB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
um.png
1 MB, 740x1000
>>46016415
>make it white
Are you sure? She's so pale that you can't quite tell what it's meant to be.
I am so sorry for derailing this thread.
>>
File: Wilhelm.png (377 KB, 431x1611) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm.png
377 KB, 431x1611
albinos are for being the best villains
>>
>>46016553
Its like one of the first things you describe when you are trying to describe someone to other people.
>>
>>46014976
>Elric of Melnibone.
Ironically, though he has many Mary Sue-ish traits his albanism WAS a huge problem for him; his health was perpetually bad, and though he could take special drugs to keep him functional, he was largely reliant on his soul-sucking sword to be a badass, which he deeply hated and caused tons of problems for him.

He also kinda spent a lot of time failing at shit, come to think of it.
>>
File: .vixen.jpg (233 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
.vixen.jpg
233 KB, 600x877
>>46016669
You make it the same white as the rest of the outfit so it looks like it's the same material to make that outfit be reasonable. You may have to do a bit more work than a simple color shift, but that should make it a more cohesive outfit. If you want to do skintight suit you really can't mix it with a more normal-ish outfit without making it look like it was meant for a prostitute.

I recommend simply finding a new image that you can give white hair to (pic related won't work, but something like that outfit)
>>
File: hm.png (1 MB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
1 MB, 740x1000
>>46016841
I refuse to admit defeat.
>>
>>46017245
You're forgetting the inner thighs anyways.
>>
>>46017345
I'm not sure her inner thighs are particularly at risk of sunburn.
>>
>>46017382
The thing's supposed to be a skintight suit under, right?
>>
>>46017461
At this point, I was thinking of just having a skintight undershirt. I've since removed the sleeves as well. Fair point, though, if it were a skintight suit as originally proposed then her thighs should have been covered as well.
>>
S U N S C R E E N
>>
>>46011002
Albino Drow actually have their uses on the other hand.
>>
>>46016185
I can't look away
>>
>>46018157
Please do not look away from...The nozzle
>>
>>46017991
Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
>>46010924
Albino is a force multiplier for other snowflakiness.

If they're normal in every other respect, it's a non-issue.

If they're the half-vampire Lawful Good succubus who's also secretly Princess of ALL Dragons, burn the player alive.
>>
This thread makes me want to play a half-orc, albino shaman.
>>
bump for more qt albinos
>>
File: orc ascended.png (270 KB, 700x778) Image search: [Google]
orc ascended.png
270 KB, 700x778
>>46018569
>albino orc/halforc
I'm not sure what that'd look like
>>
File: Albino.jpg (33 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
Albino.jpg
33 KB, 300x430
I've actually got a Pathfinder character that has albinism. My GM decided to do stat rolls rather than point buy (which by the way still displeases me) and when I rolled a 6 and an 18, I struggled for a while figuring out where to put them. Eventually decided on a wizard with 6 constitution Her albinism isn't from a curse, it isn't from a pact, or anything like that; just unfortunate genetics.

Her grandpa was an adventurer who retired before he got himself killed - bought a farm and everything; His son was strong, virile, the sort of kid you could ask for, but the granddaughter was born with albinism, so she couldn't really help around the farm lest she burn to a crisp in the sun. As such, grandpa decided that keeping the kid engaged would help her feel some sense of worth - so they spent their time together in a dark room as he taught her magic to help her live with her condition when she couldn't really help the family, before eventually going off to pursue her own adventures, having worked out a spell that could protect her from the sun.

Whole character felt great, and I want to use her again eventually. Easily one of the most benign backstories I've ever written too, since most of the time my group teases me for my revenge plots.
>>
>>46010924
>a villager, who was shunned by all as a child, who at a young age left the village to build and live in his own little cabin.
>with little contact the villager turns to prayer for help, becoming a devout follower of the god of healing and learning magic to defend himself from the hostile villagers, and monsters of the forest.
>he trades with local villagers for food, and materials and gives them healing poultices he creates himself
>years pass as he hones his powers, and prays harder and harder for guidance and acceptance.

>he notices smoke in the distance, faint screaming can be heard.
>he sneaks into town, carefully avoiding the sun. Seeing the group of evil adventurers gathering the villagers, a large ogre leading the group laughing and drooling from hunger.
>quickly he makes a decision...casting a few spells on himself, and one to change the weather, blotting out the sun with dark clouds, thunder, and rain.

>WHO DARES ATTACK THE VILLAGE OF THE WHITE SPIRIT, TRASPASSERS WILL BE DESTROYED *his voice booms amplified by the spell, his body glowing from spots of light accenting his red eyes, pale skin and white hair.
>shooting force from his fingertips he inflicts great wounds to the evil ones, causing them to run in fear, the ogre gibbering as it runs from the "red eyed white demon"
>weeks later the village accepts the albino and even erects a statue in his honor

>the village is never attacked again, and remains safe for centuries, as does its eternal protected gifted by his God for his devout faith.

Or something like that.
>>
>>46013732
The edge is so sharp it cuts mithril like butter.
That's...just wow.
>>
File: VC3_Selvaria.png (796 KB, 637x1151) Image search: [Google]
VC3_Selvaria.png
796 KB, 637x1151
>>46017245
>>
File: every rpg ever.png (51 KB, 482x503) Image search: [Google]
every rpg ever.png
51 KB, 482x503
>>46020837
That is pretty nice. It's so easy to just make an orphan or other such street-rat that so few people do anything else, assuming they even have a backstory beyond "trained to be [class]"
>>
>>46021118
I like considering how the origins of a character shaped them, myself. Rorrim (the wizardess in question) was pretty much exactly what I was looking for in that; Close relationship with grandpa because of the time they bonded over magic together, while her mother and father are a bit unsure of what to do with her given she isn't anything like what they expected.

Pleasant dynamic, and it gives your character something to talk about during roleplay segments, which helps immensely. the game she was in even had an amnesiac party member, natch, because the player decided he didn't want to bother with a backstory. My RPing apparently opened him up to the idea, since he's tried to work out the families of every one of his characters since.
>>
>>46016727
I'd honestly consider Elric to be amazingly far from a sue to be honest. It's hard to be one when you basically die only having advanced the designs of some cosmic force you don't even know about for eternity.
>>
>>46013107
>roleplaying the opposite sex
100 out of 100 degeneracy points
>>
File: how to be a good dm.gif (154 KB, 900x842) Image search: [Google]
how to be a good dm.gif
154 KB, 900x842
I don't fucking get this "special snowflake" shit. PCs are meant to be unique and special. I can understand stuff like that one greentext where the guy claimed that when he talked demons would try and possess him, THATS over the line. But why should I give a fuck when a player decides their character is albino or is from a ninja clan or some shit? Let your players have some fun god damn, /tg/.
>>
>>46022947
All GMs are degenerate?
>>
>>46023742
The big thing is that they should fit into the setting. If you're playing exalted then yeah, you should be some one-of-a-kind demi-god with exploding chainsaw powers. However, in D&D, angels and demons don't often mate with humans, and sole survivor of the ancient clan of shadow-death-darks wouldn't be hanging around a tavern in averageville hooking up with low-level adventuring parties
>>
>>46013732
>katana forged from soft bones
top kek
>>
>>46024295
>and sole survivor of the ancient clan of shadow-death-darks wouldn't be hanging around a tavern in averageville hooking up with low-level adventuring parties

Depends where that clan lived. If it was near the town and just killed? I can see that.
>>
File: Iron kingdoms bitter medicine.jpg (318 KB, 520x673) Image search: [Google]
Iron kingdoms bitter medicine.jpg
318 KB, 520x673
>>46010924
I'm actually special snowflaking by /not/ being an albino in pic related.
all local Trul (troll) mages are albino, and I, Cap'n Gary Rodgers (Captain Davy Jones meets Elliot Rodgers), was born a pale runt.
kept alive by the kriel under the assumption that I would grow to be a productive member of society, I have, by adulthood, not developed any magic. so I've left to adventure and find my destiny and power.
Gifted archetype, Fell Caller/Pirate class.
>>
>>46012536
An Orc with sentient Vertiligo that he has to roll Fellowship against to keep it from making any bad puns the GM can think.
>>
File: Azog.png (703 KB, 1104x800) Image search: [Google]
Azog.png
703 KB, 1104x800
>>46020689
>>
>>46024054
Obviously
>>
They're always best. A character with white hair and sickly pale skin automatically trumps a regular character.
>>
File: DpRExVZ.png (78 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DpRExVZ.png
78 KB, 2000x2000
>>46020689
Not labelling the image vivorc
>>
>>46022947
>opposite sex
I have bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>46012662
Your memes... end here.
>>
>>46016185
well, i'm moist.
>>
>>46010924
First of where does he/she come from?
If they are a race of underground living beeings - becaue maybe someone has a different setting from faerun for fucks sake! - and maxbe humans live in the "underdark" (and no not evil) blablabla im sucking this out of my finger dudes...
so anyway depending on the setting and thus the backstory a character could be an albino.
>>
File: gor.png (633 KB, 1021x1353) Image search: [Google]
gor.png
633 KB, 1021x1353
>in town
>some fuck with white hair and cat eyes comes up to me
>fuck what a fucking ugly freak

bunch of freaks is what they are, disgusting
>>
>>46013732
This is so edgy that my body hurts
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.