[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain the weirdness of fake cards to me? doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1457962110088.jpg (3 MB, 1693x2436) Image search: [Google]
1457962110088.jpg
3 MB, 1693x2436
can someone explain the weirdness of fake cards to me?
doesn't matter if fake pokemon, or yugioh cards (And i'm sure magic as well), all of them are weird as fuck. If you're going to fake cards, why not try to make them look legit? why the weird translation errors? why the weird design? why are there even cards who aren't based on actual ones?
>>
Chinamen. The answer is Chinamen
>>
>>46007137
this.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 375x523
Because regular magic wasn't OP enough!
>>
>>46007803
Doesn't look unbalanced to me
>>
>>46006935

My mom bought a big pack of like 1000 of these fake cards as a present because they were a bargain. I was endlessly entertained by the horrible engrish.
>>
>>46006935
From what I understand they're the product of countries without a massive official market. But the properties they're based on still being popular there, so you get cheap cash in knock offs.
Because they're being done cheaply, and quickly, the quality is awful, both of the translation, and the card materials.

Then people import them to the west because they're cheap, and kids are dumb, so you can charge more than they're worth (but still less than the official product) and rake in the dough.
>>
>>46007803
Ok, now show me some OP cards.
>>
>>46007891
I always wondered how people got them though. They get into circulation in the west and get in the hands of third or fourth graders somehow, but where did they have to go to get these obviously-fake cards under the impression they were the real deal?
>>
>>46006935
>that BLS
>Fighter-Ceremony
kek

Has MtG ever had bad quality fakes like these YGO ones or just the modern chinamen proxies?
>>
>>46008782
Parents and grandparents generally.
"Oh little bobby loves the yugeeo. These look right"
>>
File: Sableye.jpg (422 KB, 1113x1296) Image search: [Google]
Sableye.jpg
422 KB, 1113x1296
>>
>>46008984
My favorite is "Fiery Fox" the blue(ice presumably) type shiny absol. On a related note, saved for wonky kung-fu move names.
>>
>>46006935
my mom told me that she bought me the pegasus deck i wanted when the yu gi oh first came out.
it was a horrible fake with wrong colors and it just looked like shit.
fuck fake cards.
but thanks for trying mom ;_;
>>
>>46006935
>junta
>personality motif card
Sides are in orbit. I remember all those exodia in one card flying around. Those were the days.
>>
>>46008984
>magic duck
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.