[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slice of life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: effy.jpg (117 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
effy.jpg
117 KB, 1280x712
I've been thinking of running a Fate- or FAE-campaign about teenage delinquents and their problems, somewhat similar in themes to the UK TV show Skins. Most likely, however, my players will want something supernatural added to it, such as demons or magic, to keep it interesting.

I want to focus on the drama, but what can I add to have some action? Also, teenage problem tips, I've already thought of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll...
>>
>>46006057
Dwarves.
>>
>>46006071
What about 'em?
>>
>>46006095
Teenage drama with dwarves running around in the background would definitely inject some fresh blood into the genre.

For my non shitpost answer, have you checked out Monsterhearts? It's a system made for teen drama with random supernatural bits thrown in. I can't stand the genre, but I've heard from others it's pretty good.
>>
>>46006057
Angst, self-confidence issues, searching for an identity in a world that seems resolutely indifferent, career and university plans if they're in school still, just the former if they're at uni/college, especially if it means long-term friendships/relationships breaking up or facing the prospect of becoming long distance. Just think of the stuff that you and your friends struggled with when you were a teen.

>>46006095
And then add Dwarves.
>>
>>46006137
>Monsterhearts

I would rather just run in Fate, as it's something we're familiar with and a couple of our previous campaigns have used new systems.

>>46006139
I figured that if you're last year in high school (or whatever, 9th grade in Finland) you think you're on the top of the world, while silently fearing everything
>>
>>46006057
>Also, teenage problem tips, I've already thought of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll

Assuming that your players are real humans and not gameless outcasts on /tg/ who will wring their hands worryingly whenever a "tumblr" topic comes up:

>religion
>homosexuality (theirs or their friends')
>driving
Basically, most teenage issues come down to the teenage years being a time when your body and brain are screaming LEAVE THE NEST, GO FIND YOUR OWN but your parents, teachers, and society are trying their best to restrict your behavior and freedoms.

You could take a lot from the Buffy model, where teenage problems are depicted as the monster of the week. Can't talk to a girl because you're shy? A demon shows up and curses people not to be able to speak the truth, etc. etc. etc.
>>
File: 1427040094168.jpg (50 KB, 797x621) Image search: [Google]
1427040094168.jpg
50 KB, 797x621
>>46006057

Man, seasons 1-4 of Skins were great. Saw them pop on Netflix, I really need to go back and watch them now...
>>
>>46006774
They really were, but thankfully none of my players have watched it. I can easily use ideas from it
>>
>Most likely, however, my players will want something supernatural added to it, such as demons or magic, to keep it interesting.

This is worst fucking cancer of gaming

You can play RPG in almost any genre and theme you want, BUT NO FAGGOTS HAVE TO PUT MAGIC/SCIFI INTO FUCKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FUCKING HAVE FUN WITH OTHER THINGS

srsly this triggers me like fuck.
that's why we can't have nice things
>>
>>46006057
You want to play Monsterhearts. Its technically got its own system but you could easily run it with Fate. Evil Hat would even approve of it, it's got LGBTQP spilling out of its rear end.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.