[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 40k general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
I Literally Make 50% Of The These Threads Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
KDK is the most under-rated current codex
>>
File: shotgun.jpg (818 KB, 1600x3000) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
818 KB, 1600x3000
How can I make my list less autolose but still field plenty of MEQ in rhinos?

CSM 1500 CAD

sorcerer, terminator armor (force axe)

20 cultists, 2 flamers
10 CSM, 2 flamers, rhino
10 CSM, power sword, 2 flamers, bolters swapped for ccw, rhino
10 CSM, combi-plasma, 2 plasma guns, rhino

3 terminators, 3 combi-plasma/power axes
5 chosen, combi-plasma, 4 plasma guns, rhino

maulerfiend
vindicator, combi-bolter, possession
>>
>>46002793
Why not 5 plasma guns on chosen, out of curiosity?
>>
>>46002838
meh, it saves 5 points and desu those guys probably aren't gonna survive past one round of firing, if that. plus since the champ is the one with the combi, I can take another chosen with another plasma gun or heavy weapon for fun if I ever want, maybe in an apoc game or something. shit man I dunno
>>
File: OCR.jpg (240 KB, 833x939) Image search: [Google]
OCR.jpg
240 KB, 833x939
>>46002729
>>46002902

2 days ago follow-up, here's an updated IG codex through OCR.

>Chaos Daemons
https://mega.nz/#!axNU3IyR!SslFlaPcgZLK4_Y0zACb3pDjSWemWYAHNE4E-bjraJQ

>Astra Militarum
https://mega.nz/#!HhFGRZDC!m9x2bBkTPW7JKa3FUHST9NVblBmQSZckmQdzctw6wkw

File size bloated by ~3-5 MB, everything else remains visually the same. High-light, Ctrl + Friendly pirate-dex.

PS. Anyone know where you find stats for road terrains?
>>
>>46002955
>here's an updated IG codex through OCR
wtf is OCR?
>>
>>46002862
Well, they're in a Rhino so that'll help them out. 5 points also isn't that much in the long run.

Looking at your list, you could also run it as Crimson Slaughter without issue. Gives you fear on everything and you can upgrade the Chosen Champ to have Preferred enemy, which extends to his squad.

The upgrades on the Vindicators might also be a bit of a waste. Possession on Vindicators is usually okay, but the combi-bolter is also worse off for it. I'm guessing that's mostly there to deflect weapon destroyed results?
>>
>>46002961
>What is google?
>>
>>46002961

>Optical Character Recognition

You scan a document, it's an image with text. Run through OCR, now it's text you can highlight copy paste, etc.,
>>
>>46002977
www.ocr.org.uk is the first hit on google. Don't be a dickbag when someone posts an obscure three letter acronym. It could mean fucking anything
>>
>>46002965
yeah, I suppose there's an argument for getting rid of the combi-bolters to take draznicht's ravagers on the chosen, although those combi-bolters have actually saved my demolishers more than once
>>
>>46002992
>>46002955
Isn't there digital editions of the Chaos Space Marine and IG codices?
Are they not in the mega?
>>
File: reallynigga.png (51 KB, 648x377) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.png
51 KB, 648x377
>>46003012
>>
>>46003029
google tailors your results
>>
>>46003028

>Chaos Daemons
>>
>>46003047
Still why don't we have the digital versions?
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 640x400
I've got a scrub question about cover. In this beautiful image, who exactly gets cover saves?

I'm pretty sure IG Unit 1 does. However, when they fire, do the termies get a cover save because they are 25% obscured for the models in the back of the IG Unit? (I know the termies don't need the save, but work with me here for concept.) What about IG Unit 2? Do the termies get the cover save when they shoot, even though they are closer than some models in Unit 1? Unit 2 is the same distance from the wall as the termies, so I assume they would both have the same cover/no cover save from it regarding each other.

Finally, if IG Unit 1 remains 2 mm from the wall, how does that work when the termies charge? The rule mentions "Models that are in base contact with a defence line are treated as being in base contact with any enemy models who are directly opposite them and in base contact with the other side of that defence line."
>>
>>46003043
The exam board was top on mine, but OCR wikipedia was second- anything in the top two results is 'what is google' material for me.
>>
>>46003109
>who exactly gets cover saves
wounds are done model by model
>>
>>46003128
Well, I realize that. I'm mostly asking if the approaching army can end up benefiting from "my" defence line if I don't position my IG models perfectly.

So do the terminators (or whoever) get the 4+ cover save when the distant 6 models in Unit 1 shoot, because the wall obscures the termies for them (even though their unit is in the cover)?

When Unit 2 fires, do the termies (or whoever) get the 4+ cover save, and vice versa?
>>
>>46002729
if you don't wanna make the general; then don't make the general and someone else will. hell i was doing it for a few weeks. both the forced meme and some other edits along with adding in links for books. same links for books which everyone was begging about for a while but quickly forgot about

the general is for memes and complaining anyway
>>
>>46003186

>I'm mostly asking if the approaching army can end up benefiting from "my" defence line if I don't position my IG models perfectly.

Yep, they certainly can. From the perspective of the battlefield the Aegis Line isn't actually yours; it's battlefield debris that you were able to pay for to place in your deployment zone. Once down, it isn't actually claimed by anyone; it's no different to any other piece of neutral terrain on the board.

So yes, if when firing you check TLOS and "your" aegis is blocking the view to enemy models, those models would indeed benefit from a 4+ cover save.
>>
>>46003012
i literally googled it and saw it like >>46003029
before even looking it up before
>>
>>46003290
Not that guy, but I usually assume the acronyms I see here to be a part of the hobby, so I googled "warhammer ocr" then "40k ocr" and got no results. If I had actually cared enough about the matter, I probably would have asked at that point too.

The IG epub we have in the OP is strictly better than this pdf. I feel kind of bad someone put in that work.
>>
>>46003109
>>46003186

RAW states that defence lines provide their save to units 'in cover behind the line'.

Combined with the Intervening Models rule, this means that a defence line provides its 4+ save to any unit being shot at across it, as long as the unit is 'behind' the line. Since the line belongs to a player (I assume the guard) this means it's facing in a direction, and thus only one side is 'behind' it.

If the line is facing to the right, then both guard units get a save. enemy models can still call Intervening models if your units aren't close enough to the line to use the slits in it to see the enemy properly, but they're not 'behind' it, and therefore only get a 5+.

So, as follows:

The guardsmen next to the line enjoy a 4+, and since it's an Aegis, a delicious 2+ if they hit the dirt. The guardsmen far away from the line enjoy the same.

The marines, though, are a bit more complicated. They don't get a save from the guardsmen on the line, but they DO get a save from the ones far away from it. A hole in the wall is harder to shoot through if you're not next to it.
>>
>>46003329
So when people talk about the joys of cramming 50 conscripts behind an ADL, does that mean that a good 30 of the shots are giving the enemy a 5+ cover save? Because even B2B, you can only have so many models close enough to the wall itself to use the gunslits.

Also, for lower models like HW Teams (that can't see over the wall at all with TLOS), how do they work with it? If their unit is touching the wall, but they are in the middle of the unit and not touching it, are they completely unable to fire?
>>
>>46003028
the mega's weird about having garbage scan versions in it for some older codexs instead of already searchable digital ones
>>
>>46003407

It all comes down to what they can actually see. You don't need to be standing right next to the ADL for it to not block LOS. A model standing a fair way back, so long as they're not shooting a model very close to the ADL, will still not have their LOS blocked by the ADL.

As for lower models, technically speaking, they'd be unable to fire since they can't draw LOS. For a model to shoot it must be able to draw LOS to at least one model in the enemy unit it is targeting.
>>
is a force spear close enough to a force sword that people will accept it as a sword, or should I make an effort to convert the model to have a sword instead?
>>
File: received_1523984624572440.jpg (93 KB, 1845x1080) Image search: [Google]
received_1523984624572440.jpg
93 KB, 1845x1080
>>46003407
The way I usually end up playing it is that if a unit's in B2B contact, they've got good vision through the wall and no cover saves for the foe.

In the case of guard, this DOES result in the silly situation where a unit of 50 conscripts, 5 or even 6 ranks deep, can all see perfectly through the wall. It also does result in gun crews firing their heavy weapons right into a ceramite plate and having no trouble.

It's a tabletop game, it's not perfect. For reference, I play guard. Have a pic of one of my walls.

Another way I've seen it done is that the owner of the wall gets saves and his opponent does not. Period. This is the most unfair way to do it, but also the fastest.

A THIRD way is that once the aegis's facing is determined, units on the 'friendly' side (the concave side) get saves, while units on the 'enemy' side (convex) don't. Again, this is very strong towards the owning player, since he's gonna spend a good chunk of the game, if not all of it, behind his handy-dandy ceramite cladding.

In short, there's no perfectly agreed-upon system. Just try to agree on something with your opponent.
>>
They retconned the whole "Necrons landed on Mars" thing right?
>>
File: tumblr_nadrtj1cYK1qh9x2so1_1280.jpg (178 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nadrtj1cYK1qh9x2so1_1280.jpg
178 KB, 600x800
So I played my buddies Daemon Prince tetrad formation today with my random nid list.

Lost by 4 points but it was fun. My newly painted flyrant took out his kairos in a single shooting phase so that was neat.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>46003500
>>46003519
Thanks folks.
>>
>>46003557
No.

It's mentioned in the "Gods of Mars" novel. Which confirms that there is vast C'tan shard sleeping on Mars.
>>
>>46003321

OP from OCR post here.

The google-able results for imperial guard codex 40k, is a russian site that links to the 6th edition, that's the digital epub. The mega has no Astra Militarum with 7th edition in epub as far as I can see.
>>
>>46003571
kairos is pretty weak on the defense, 4++ rerolling 1s means it's about as good as a stormshield
>>
File: Capture.png (1000 KB, 1042x644) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1000 KB, 1042x644
>>46003579
Oh, this OP is using a different mega. This is the epub I got from here awhile ago.
>>
>>46003479
>>46003321
>>46003028

>Chaos Daemons 7th edition
>IG (Astra Militarum) 7th edition
>7th edition

Not available in epub by the mega the mega by OP, nor by google.
>>
>>46003512
anyone?
>>
>>46003557
They tweaked it iirc. At first it was they landed and their strike force probed deep into the cities infrastructure for an unknown reason. Then they changed it to one of the six ships managed to land and was instantly vaporized. I don't think the theory that the Dragon is asleep on Mars and that's why they attempted to land there has changed though.
>>
>>46003605

Well fuck. Can you deliver an upload?

Meanwhile I'll be on 4plebs looking through archived posts here.
>>
>>46003663
>Meanwhile I'll be on 4plebs looking through archived posts here.
Don't bother. It's locked down.

https://mega.nz/#F!vAQkADhB!1RaGDBHigHrd67SvpGHlEw
>>
>Imperium and orks are made battle brothers

How does this change the meta?
>>
>>46003663
>>46003684
Oh, silly me. It's still here, just a different link (it's been ages for me).

Here you go, brofessor:
https://mega.nz/#F!OgpwzAKS!a5eVE6pOagTTOWEr5tEaEQ
>>
>>46003700
Orks loot everything and snag Drop-pods and accurate, strong, long range firepower, along with access to Psykers with core book powers. Imperials get some sweet open-topped transports making some assault options more appealing, or letting shooting units cruise in style.
>>
>Necrons and Tau are allies of convenience

When will the Tau learn?
>>
>>46003733
>tried to negotiate with the Tyranid
>more than once

Literally never
>>
So does anyone play unbound?

Not like custom scenarios, but full on, you can bring whatever the fuck you want as long as it sticks to point limits unbound?
>>
>>46003733
>Necrons and Tau allies of convenience
>Orks desperate allies

Really wish they had kept the old fluffy chart
>>
>>46003775
Occasionally. I'm doing so with my Eldar army as a way to sort of self-nerf. I have enough models to arrange it as a CAD if I wanted to, but Objective secured jetbikes feel like a bit much.
>>
>>46003775
no point, even when it came out it wasn't that good. with all the formations, battle brothers, detachments, decurions, and so on you're only gimping yourself. oh and you lose objective secured
>>
>>46003781
I wish they had at least kept or transfered over the parts that made sense, or tried to keep things functional.

Woe to anyone who made a Tau & Space Marine army in 6th when they were Battle Brothers. Not even allies of convenience anymore.
>>
>>46003803
It was good for about 5 minutes for spamming power units, until formations to spam them better happened.
>>
>>46003765
>gave the bdsm enthusiast dark eldar 77 tau emissaries in thanks for their aid
>DE turn them into grotesques and pillage the tau planet when they are focus on the other threat

It's almost comical how naive they are.
>>
>>46003849
>>46003733
Well, they were given the chance to join but they chose to be on the receiving end of the markerlights&riptides. Now tell me which side was the stupid one?
>>
>>46003733
>>46003765

Learn what? Anrakyr semi-apologized for having to kill them. He was just following protocols. In other fluff Anrakyr was prepared to show mercy to humans who fought well and also he had allied with the Blood Angels against the Tyranids in Shield of Baal.

The Necrons regularly ally in the fluff with lesser races in the fluff or just use them. There is mention of Necrons sending emissaries and diplomats to other races.

So what's the point of your post? Do you think the Necrons are mindless killing machines?
>>
>>46002729

Your codex library is out of date, use.

>arrogant warmachine library

https://mega.nz/#F!OgpwzAKS!a5eVE6pOagTTOWEr5tEaEQ

>Rho-Mu 31 library (variant maybe?)
>found from 4pleb archive got white dwarf

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

Kat.cr link for IG is out of date (6th edition) and so is the shitscan on the mega link above, and Rho-mu 31.

>>46002729

Emperor bless your soul.

Your is actually the 7th edition.
>google
>thread OP
>megalinks
>shitscans

They're all 6th edition for IG.

>krak grenades 1/model is 6th edition
>krak grenades 10/squad is 7th

Thanks a bunch anon for delivering.
>>
>>46003951
Meant to thank >>46003713
>>
>kabalites and trueborn dont even have grenades
what the fuck
>>
>>46003933
>The Deathskull horde of Big Mek Blagnutz brought their impressive firepower and questionable concept of ownership to the war for Kavardia, where Blagnutz’s inspired leadership saw them attack dozens of different foes, almost at random and (unfortunately for the Orks) often ending in defeat.

>After a particularly crushing defeat against a Space Wolves force, the miraculously unharmed Big Mek was forced to throw his lot in with a surprising ally, Overlord Agdabekh of the Oroskh Dynasty. Though unimpressed at the Necron’s manner, and the unnerving silence with which his legions marched to war, Blagnutz and his lads at last found a modicum of success and an occasional victory. In spite of their alliance, and the chance for loot that it gave Blagnutz and his lads, his remaining boyz looked on their metallic allies with suspicion, though more than one had his eye on a set of shiny super-kickin’ legs – a Deathskull can’t change his face paint...

-E-White Dwarf 61: Regiments of Renown (Blagnutz)

Necrons even allied with Orks. Orks!
>>
>>46003963

>Meganobz do have grenades

It's a strange world
>>
File: 1444756994347.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1444756994347.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>46003963
>dark eldar are so smug and cocksure they don't even bother to bring grenades into combat
>>
>>46003982
all ork have grenades base but genetealers dont

Dat i2 has to be preserved i guess
>>
>>46003970
didn't the necrons give a warboss some of their tech in exchange for their aid and then when they tried to tinker with it blew up their whole waagh and a planet along with it?
>>
>>46003951
implying I actually give a shit and wouldn't just post threads with no links if I thought I could get away with it and /tg/ wouldn't be reddit tier and literally make a new thread because muh linx

this shit already happened more than once. every time I make a thread without le precious links, some asshole makes a new thread and people post there, because apparently they need their own sticky post to make 4chan feel more like a php forum
>>
>>46004007
Meganobz have powerklawz, so they hit on I1 regardless!
>>
>>46004007

It's impossible for MANZ to strike at anything other than i1. And yet they have grenades.

Orks can buy Stikkbomb Chuckas for their vehicles, which make any unit that disembarks and charges from them count as having Stikkbombs. There's exactly one unit that benefits from this. Gretchin.

Those Terminators in cover won't know what hit them.
>>
>>46004027
Some sleepy Necrons gave Orks Doomsday cannons to get them off their world.

The Orks agree to the deal and took their Waaagh! to a human planet. When the mek tinkered with the Doomsday Cannons, they exploded and wiped out the Waaagh! and the planet.
>>
File: Skitarii Artwork.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1804) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii Artwork.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1804
whats the best way to run skittles in a semi-competitive fashion without resorting to war convocation? i'm fairly decent at list building but i really cant figure these dudes out without just going full cunt with convocation.
>>
>>46004028
have you considered not making terrible threads and using different OP images instead of our super special meme? it really triggers my autism and hurts my feelings
>>
>>46004028
>Surprisingly, covering most of the common and annoying requests within a general in the OP is more popular than having a thread bombarded by "where can I find XX????!" over and over despite the answer being posted 7 times throughout the thread
If you are going to trip over yourself to make a new thread hours before the other is in risk of falling off, don't complain about doing some common courtesy for the benefit of everyone else.
>>
File: raven guard drop pod.jpg (25 KB, 309x424) Image search: [Google]
raven guard drop pod.jpg
25 KB, 309x424
>>46002729

Hey /tg/ I'm working on my raven guard vehicles, is this a lore-accurate scheme for a 3rd company drop pod?
>>
>>46004055
>whats the best way to run skittles

Pic related

>without resorting to war convocation?

Oh. Well, allying in Flesh Tearers for drop pods everywhere tends to work well.
>>
>>46004097
I can't imagine what a handful of that tastes like.
>>
Are rhinos worth it for Rubrics?
>>
>>46004126
Only way to get them up the board quick.
>>
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 657x292) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32 KB, 657x292
I finally made a thing. I originally was just making it to put Ratlings in perspective, then added the others for comparison. I'm sure there are dozens of online alternatives that do it better, but it was fun to make.
>>
>>46004126
Rubrics aren't even remotely worth it, but if you're damn set on using a unit of them then go with five in a rhino.

If you're planning on making a whole KSons army with Rubric troops . . . bruh
>>
So I'm fully aware this is an extremely expensive hobby, but between a CSM and a Space Marine army which would be more expensive?
>>
>>46004386
Depends on the way you get about it, but I'd say Space Marines are going to be cheaper as a whole. Their range is also more up-to-date, and they're overall a more solid army.
>>
>Reading the new Beast Book
>Imperials start destroying the Ork attack moons

Pfffft.....the Orks cannot even construct proper deathstars. Remember when the Necron World Engine was unstoppable and wrecked a whole sector on its own?

Anyways, I would like to know how the Beast can command a galaxy-size Waaagh!. It should be impossible for Orks to organize at that level.
>>
>>46004476
He's da biggest, so he's in charge.
>>
>>46004476
For the same reason everything works in 40k universe: Plot.
>>
>>46004572
shit, forgot to add my 2 vindicators with combi-bolters/possession
>>
>>46004578
Here, with an updated list:

CSM 1500 CAD

sorcerer (force sword)

9 csm, plasma gun, combi-plasma, rhino
10 csm, 2 flamers, rhino
10 csm, power sword, 2 flamers, bolters swapped for ccw, rhino

helbrute
3 termis, combi-plasmas/power axes
5 chosen, champ: combi-plasma, 4 plasma guns, rhino 195

7 havocs, 4 lascannons

I know, I know, helbrute is bogus but I figure it's a poor man's maulerfiend and I wanted AV saturation, what would be better? Also how big are centurion lascannons compared to space marine portable lascanons? Hard to tell from pics and people only field grav cents so I never see them IRL. 3 pairs of centurion lascannons are $5 on ebay and I figure if I do a little converting, snip the cables and use some guitar wire, spikes, etc I could make them work for the havocs if they're not hilariously huge.
>>
File: 1362594173326.jpg (694 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1362594173326.jpg
694 KB, 1920x1080
Reminder that any army that can take sanctic powers have access to D-strength weapons.
>>
A new errata pops up listing one tiny little fix
>Any model with multiple saves rolls for them in the following order: Cover Saves, then Invulnerable Saves, then Armor saves.

What changes? How much better/worse does your current army fare against its common enemies? Would you finally run vanilla termies?
>>
>>46002772

It's true. But it's underrated because the CSM who wanted to be good are already playing Daemons which is superior, and those who don't play Daemons are the ones who don't want to play mono-Khorne or "Daemonkin" instead of "Chaos Space Marines".

There's also the fact that KDK is only underrated because it's not quite as strong as psychic/shooting top armies like Eldar and Tau.
>>
>>46004072

That Drop Pod belongs to the 1st Company I believe due to the white markings. The 3rd Company was not present at the battle in the book that image is from.

If the drop pod belongs to veterans or the HQ of your 3rd Company, that one is fine, just slap a 3 on it or something. Otherwise leave the fins black or make them 3rd Company red.
>>
>>46004884
Bikes, bikes everywhere, even moreso than currently. They'd need their points adjusted. Oh yeah, storm shields would have to go up in price too.

But, apart from bikes and stuff needing a points boost, it probably makes a lot of the game more sensible. I'm not even sure your average marine on foot would need a points bump given how easily those fuckers die currently.

I'd do the invulnerable save last though, it's normally going to be worse than the armour so it adds to the tension.
>>
>>46004884

The game becomes a WHFB style grindfest where nothing dies.

>Would you finally run vanilla termies?

Why the fuck would I do that? Their weapons do even less damage now due to increased enemy saves while TH/SS get even better.
>>
>>46004884
>vanilla termis
For a while I've wanted deep strike to be more restricted again, and only available in certain scenarios, so people have to put more effort in than "lol drop pod byebye tank". I know it'll never happen (though I'd like ITC or whoever to have the balls to try it at an event) but it could make termis more viable as they were a unit that could deep strike even in missions where you couldn't normally.

But really what termis need is all the cheap AP2 weapons to go up in price.
>>
>>46005090
>But really what termis need is all the cheap AP2 weapons to go up in price.

Xenos? Free AP2 armywide!

Imperial? 15 points for plasma pistol please lol
>>
>>46005106
Does anyone actually use massed shuriken though?
>>
>>46005114

No they mass 10 point scatterlasers instead.
>>
>And as the boom of greenskin ordnance battered the plateau of Klostra Primus, greater silhouettes yet loomed behind the battle fortresses. Colossi, three of them, greenskin idols fifty metres tall. They rocked side to side as they marched over machine and kin, a manufactorum’s worth of smoke belching from the chimneys rising from their backs. Flame gouted from their jaws. Their eyes were energy weapon turrets, blazing red lightning. The right arm of each terminated in a hand whose fingers were linked cannons, four strong. The left arm of one was a hammer the size of a tank. The second had a chainblade fifteen metres long. The third wielded a claw that could tear the hills apart.

>Beneath the roars of the engines, the beat of the cannons and the tectonic rumble of the orbital strikes, Kalkator heard another sound. It would have been inaudible if it hadn’t come from a hundred thousand ork throats in unison.

>‘They’re laughing at us,’ said Caesax.

>Why wouldn’t they? Kalkator thought through his rage. The orks were bringing down a compounded humiliation on the Great Company. They attacked with overwhelming numbers, unstoppable armament, and then outmanoeuvred the Iron Warriors. In the gap between realising the doom of Klostra and bringing his blade down on still another ork skull, he understood that the orks were sending a message. They were speaking through the language of annihilation, and what they said was, Behold what we can do. We are more powerful and more clever than you. You are nothing.

>If hate alone were a force, he would have incinerated the planet in that moment.

The Orks are such mary sues!
>>
>The Vindicators were moving more and more slowly, providing cover for the battle-brothers on foot. They no longer had their flank escorts. A group of massive orks evaded the sponson fire of the Olympia and scrambled up onto the roof to Kalkator’s left. Before he could turn, one of them grabbed his left arm with a power claw. It squeezed, cracking the ceramite, crushing servo-motors. It would have broken his arm, had it still been flesh.

>It hadn’t been for three hundred years. The change had come upon it, the gods of Chaos visiting him with the gift of a string of grasping mouths from shoulder to wrist. He had taken his chainblade to the arm himself, amputating it in his quarters, taking the time to burn the offending limb while his blood poured onto the ship’s decking before he stormed off, still steady on his feet, to find the Apothecary. The left arm was bionic now, a thing of metal and barbed ridges. When he didn’t buckle, the ork looked surprised.

>Kalkator swung his bolter around and shot the ork in the face. The top half of its skull disintegrated, showering the roof of the Olympia with blood and brain matter. The claw released Kalkator as the body slumped. He kicked the corpse off the tank and flexed his arm. It moved in jerks, but was still functional.

Badass.
>>
>>46002793
>How can I make my list less autolose but still field plenty of MEQ in rhinos?
Run Codex: Space Marines.

Rhinos stop being shit once they're free. CSM can't into good MEQ's because their MEQ's cost too much and advances in ranged killing power have outstripped commensurate increases in CC and durability. Noise Marines would be okay if their options were significantly cheaper and they came with CCW+BP+BG base.

If you insist on crippling yourself with the CSM codex, grab Draznicht's Ravagers for the Chosen, put the Sorcerer in Power Armour with a familiar and have him run with the melee CSM squad or the Cultists. Unless you have a very vehicle light meta, I'd take combi-meltas on the Termicide. If you can spare the points, throw a Chainfist onto the Termicide. It makes them a lot more dangerous after they blow their combi-load.
>>
>>46005106
This post is funny because it's an imperial army that gets literally free plasma.
>>
>>46005391
>Noise Marines would be okay if their options were significantly cheaper
When will people stop with this bullshit of make things cheaper? Marine should be stronger, not cheaper.

Why don't you give them an abilities to make things more interesting to use instead of making thing FUCKING cheaper and cheaper.

There is no excuse on why Noise Marines have not the ability to run and shoot and viceversa.
>>
>>46005530
And fuck people that say Terminators should be cheaper.

>Rare relic armors known to be absolute behemoth are 35 points but don't work in game. Well, then MAKE THE CHEAPER.

40k players can be so autistic sometimes.
>>
File: tracks.png (601 KB, 851x428) Image search: [Google]
tracks.png
601 KB, 851x428
Anyone know what paint colors I can use to replicate the tracks on this hydra? I don't have an airbrush, so any conventional methods are preferred.
>>
>>46005642

>>45986428
>>
>>46005598
>40k players can be so autistic sometimes.

Yeah, about that...

Accepting discrepancies between fluff and crunch is part of trying to make the tabletop game work. There's a reason that Space Marines aren't Movie Marines.
>>
>>46005598
well your options for "fixing" shit in 40k are

1) power creep
2) lowering points, thus spamming even more models
3) nerfing retardedly OP bullshit so that the game goes back to managable # of models needed at reasonable points costs

3 should happen, 1 and 2 fix nothing. and 1 and 2 are exactly what is happening and will keep happening.
>>
Busty Anon update:

Have spent two weeks of hobby time trying to build Sydonian Dragoons

Why does it take so long

Why are the pilots so close to monopose

Anyhow should finish up today, then it's a couple leftover vanguard to build up and I can -finally- focus on building busty centaurs using the leftover spares from the Skitatii full time.
>>
I remember an old story where an IG player CREEEEEEEED'd like 3 titans behind a bunch of smug tau players and won the game. Anyone have the screencaps around?
>>
File: 1420444742508.png (852 KB, 1250x2820) Image search: [Google]
1420444742508.png
852 KB, 1250x2820
>>46005878
>>
>>46005878

>3 Titans against a faction that at the time had no Titans

We're meant to be calling who smug dicks again?
>>
Currently competing in a local month long tourney. I've won the first 2 weeks and we have 2 weeks to go. Player pool is pretty small so i know who im against next week since he is also the only one undefeated, everyone else has gone 1-1.

Only shit part is there is a 90% chance he'll go trip-tide. Fuck my life. He's exactly that kinda guy. I havent lost a game of 40k in a long while, im talking almost a decade and i generally don't powergame. But i feel like i'll have to next week if im going to stand a chance vs trip-tide.
>>
>>46005893
>taufags getting btfo

DELICIOUS TEARS ARE DELICIOUS
>>
>>46005893
It was ~8k points Imperial vs 29k points Tau.

And he was using vanilla termies.
>>
>>46005902
I spose i should have mentioned im new to the town/scene im playing in now. So far the player base is okay, but if you know enough you can generally out tactics most lists. But trip-tide is pretty heinous.
>>
>>46005530
I agree. Doesn't change that equipped Noise Marines are too expensive as they are right now.
>>46005698
Buffs doesn't have to equal power creep. If every codex was boosted up to Eldar/Tau tier, we'd have external balance.

Nerfing OP shit is difficult to do as a houserule because people generally aren't willing to admit that their shit is OP. It's also easier to work on fixes to a single codex to try to boost it up to par instead of trying to balance several codexes simultaneously.
>>
>>46005914

Then that's the main relevant factor, that the games were being played at a 4-1 disadvantage.
>>
>>46005902
>I havent lost a game of 40k in a long while, im talking almost a decade and i generally don't powergame.
Cool story. Have any bridges for sale?
>>
>>46005963
Okay? The most memorable part of it was the twist, which he was referencing to make his request clear.
>>
File: Salihah.jpg (70 KB, 549x552) Image search: [Google]
Salihah.jpg
70 KB, 549x552
>>46005888
Tons of thanks, Anon. I missed this one.
>>
>>46005694
>Since fluff and crunch have discrepances, every relation between them should be ignored altogether
>>
>>46006029
I'll elaborate, in the face of strawmanning.

Tacitcal Terminators should probably be a little cheaper- expensive, super-badass terminators is what GKs are for, they're clearly overcosted for what they do now, and all the proposals I've seen for buffing them either encroach on GK territory or are hilariously, clumsily overpowered.
>>
>>46005694
>There's a reason that Space Marines aren't Movie Marines.

And that's because other factions either have equally badass units or are horde armies.

The game is balanced around mostly fours being the marine baseline you measure up and down from.

You wanna give us movie marines? Fine, but then where are the movie crisis suits and aspect warriors, and the movie ability for the Tyranid player to have literally thousands of Gaunts?
>>
>>46006166
I don't understand how you read my post and thought I was in favour of movie marines, but OK.
>>
>>46006166

Yeah. Or the Seraphim from Daemonfuge who beat the shit out of a full team of Black Templars bare handed due to Special Sister of Battle Martial Arts.

Movie Marines are not 'Marines as they actually are'. They are 'Marines as written as the protagonists as a movie'. The same way that Rambo 3 is not an accurate depiction of the american military.
>>
>>46006187
>Yeah. Or the Seraphim from Daemonfuge who beat the shit out of a full team of Black Templars bare handed due to Special Sister of Battle Martial Arts.

She was a living saint.
>>
>>46006209

Actually, she was a psyker. She spends most of it hunted by Imperial forces for that reason.

But anyway, the point was that the comic's narration during that scene is entirely talking about 'She's a SOB, so she can do this'. Rather than 'This is unusual for a SOB'
>>
>>46005888
Classic. I also sneak in extra models and units that are not in my army roster if the enemy isn't paying attention.
>>
File: CodexMovieMarines.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CodexMovieMarines.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46006166

Have you seen the stats on Movie Marines?

They're not even that good. A Riptide base is 180 points and its better than a Space Marine with a Missile Launcher who clocks in at 250. A single squad of Wulfen stands a fair chance of wiping out a good few of the Marines if they're in one unit. A Wraithknight would have no trouble with anything in the list.

It's really indicative of just how bonkers 40K is right now that a list specifically designed to be broken is in fact behind the current power curve. Though to be fair in the cinematic they're fighting Orks, and they'd still win that fight.

But on a serious topic, I really would prefer for space marines to be a hell of a lot more badass. They should be rocking 5's across the board, not 4's. The stat distribution in the game is too crowded at the lower end and non-existent at the top. Orks being the same strength as Guardsmen base makes no sense, but Orks being the same strength as Space Marines base makes no sense either. Space Marines being equally good at shooting as IG veterans makes no sense either.

Of course you'd need major points changes across the board and SM armies would shrink drastically in size. So this will never, ever happen, but I'd like to see it.
>>
>>46006250
>Classic, I also chest.
>>
>>46003598
Not if you Grimoire or Dark Sanctuary that shit nigga.

Trust me, my Kairos has tanked 130 or shots from Grey Knight psycannons, and 48 Quadgun shots that way. 3++ re rolling 1s is just nasty.

Then the bastard shoots out an assload or psychic dickery himself, flying around like a douchebag. If he is your warlord, you re roll Warp Storm table results, and that 'one re roll of your choice' can also make the game for you.

Trust me, Kairos is dope dude.
>>
>>46006266
Yeah. Or like the imperials call it: Victory.
>>
>>46006259

I'd go with 4-5 for marines (Terminators and Veterans should be sitting on 5s for Str/t) with a similar ability to hit 4 for 'Elite' humans like SOB and Inquisitors.

Cap marines at 5 on Str/T/Init (Outside major exceptions like special characters)
Cap humans on 4s on Str/T and 5 on init (For stuff like Death Cultists and Seraphim)

Gives a little more wiggle room on the lower end of the scale without a complete shakeup.
>>
>>46002772
>daemons that are strictly worse than Codex: Chaos Daemons
>space marines that are exactly the same as CSM codex but with less options
>1 good formation in the whole book
>30 points for a fucking axe of khorne
most definitely not.

you miss out on all the best of daemons and all the best of CSM which definitely isn't worth the mediocre blood tithe table.
>>
File: question cat.jpg (7 KB, 220x230) Image search: [Google]
question cat.jpg
7 KB, 220x230
noob to psykers

let's say I want to take a chaos sorcerer in a rhino. from what i've read it seems like going ML3+spell familiar and either full biomancy or telepathy are the way to go

but how important is the ML3? can you get away with just ML2? I'd like to instead spend that last 25 points on a plasma pistol and gift of mutation. I know, those upgrades aren't good but having a bolt pistol on the warlord of my army doesn't feel right, and gift of mutation seems to actually help a bog standard sorcerer in power armor with pretty much any result besides a few stupid ones like "d6 str3 ap- hits" style garbage. I'm also a sucker for the unlikely potential to get bonus rolls and end up with a 2+ save, Feel No Pain sorcerer with fleshbane and 3 wounds.

wat do
>>
>>46006527

He's a sorcerer, that's his ranged attack.

The bolt pistol is just an off-handed sidearm for annoying distractions.
>>
>>46006573
rebuttal: plasma pistols are baller as fuck, when dudes see those coils they know I'm for real
>>
>>46006527
ML3's worth it way more than the other upgrades but it depends what you want to do.

If you really want a specific power a higher ML is essential - this is because you reroll powers you have already.

So for example, if you really want iron-arm in biomancy, having ML3 and rolling all your powers in biomancy gives far more likeliness than ML2 because you know you will have atleast half the biomancy powers which gives you a 50% chance of getting iron arm (I think anway...).

If you want to mix powers then it's just a difference of having 2 or 3 random powers, so it's not as significant.
>>
>>46006527
You obviously don't care about WAAC because you're playing Chaos, so roll with that Plasma pistol and you will always remember the one time it did something awesome.
>>
File: boon table.png (958 KB, 580x800) Image search: [Google]
boon table.png
958 KB, 580x800
>>46006593
fair enough, I think I'll try proxying a sorc with plasma pistol and gom and if it aint fun I'll go with ML3

I just rolled for fun on the boon table and got 64, which is "roll d3+1 more times on this table" and ended up with WS6 and armor save rerolls (I rolled 3 times but my last was 14 = nothing)

pretty lucky there, let's try a few more times:
>65: dark apotheosis (have to reroll, can't get this with GoM, I'm having good rolls tho wew)
>45: hammer of warth (gay)
>65 again, jesus what the fuck is going on
>15: no reward
>16: no reward
>63: feel no pain
>36: fleshbane
>31: +1 initiative

well so far my luck with GoM seems like a 50/50 split between godlike and complete ass
>>
From 1 to berserkering drunkard, rate my SW horde army: would you play against it? Do you think you would have fun doing it? Are you too deep in the furry meme to even think to play against SW?

>Rune Priest - 150
Runic Armour, ML2, rolling on Biomancy

>15 Blood Claws - 225
2 flamers, WGPL with Frost Sword and Melta Bombs
>10 Blood Claws - 185
1 flamer, WGPL with Power Sword, drop pod
>10 Grey Hunters - 215
2 melta, WGPL with combimelta, drop pod

>10 Sky Claws - 190
2 flamers, WGSL with wolf claw
>10 Sky Claws -170
2 flamers, WGSL
>8 Swiftclaws - 240
1 flamer, WGBL with wolf claw, attack bike with multimelta

>Land Raider Crusader - 250
>6 Long Fangs - 165
5 missile launchers

1750/1750
>>
>>46006625
indeed, I think I shall

but I'll try ML3 here and there too I guess, am I wrong in thinking it's best to just go full biomancy? literally every spell on that table seems good. telepathy has psychic shriek and invisibility but the rest seem kinda crap
>>
>>46006784
Invisibility is just that good. Biomancy is good, but very situational, especially in the current shooty edition-Good luck getting into assault when your opponent knows what spells you have
>>
>>46004055
It's better to play a CAD and lose, then resort to the WarConvo - which any retard can win with.
What kind of satisfaction can an adult possibly get from using WarConvo?
>>
>>46006937
Same that losers get for waacfagging as hard as they can at every fucking moment
>>
>>46006727
I'm confused, there don't seem to be any Thunderwolves or Wulfen in this list...
>>
>>46007034
So 1?
:^)
>>
>>46007034
I'm a person nice enough to not take the two good options of the codex :^)
>>
>>46007000
Dont play against, or associate with people like that.
>>
>>46006727
I'd probably change a second unit from flamers to meltas. Though obviously the BS3 claws are less suited to it, not sure how to resolve that.
>>
>Waiting for Ebay lots to finish
>8 days to go
>Bidding slowly increases 10-20 quid days before it finishes

It is obviously the people listing the item, but god it pisses me off.
>>
>>46006784
Most of telepathy is very very good.

Psychic shriek is one of the best primaris powers int he game and can one shot low leadership units.
Dominate is mediocre but has the potential to be amazing as it can shut down a unit completely.
Mental fortitude is ok, you can pull a mean combo off with it by letting a unit go to ground for improved cover saves then using this to giving them fearless (which means that they immediately get up and shoot at full BS in the shooting phase.)
Terrify is uselss on it's own as everyone is fearless these days but that -1 leadership means you can pull off mean combos with it like dominate/psychic shriek
Shrouding can easily give everyone around you a 3+/2+ save with just a little bit of cover.
Invisibility is infamous, I don't think I need to explain this one.
Hallucinate, is ok, pinning is shit but all the other results as good as long as it's a T3/4 unit.
>>
File: 1456283397823.jpg (82 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1456283397823.jpg
82 KB, 894x894
>>46007275
>Telepathy is very very good
>Best
>Mediocre
>Useless
>Potential
>Infamous
>Ok

Yeah, very very good.
>>
>>46004055

WarConvo is fine, just don't tune it.

throw in non-heavy weapon chicken walkers and electro priests. no drop pods. no fortifications. limit yourself to 2 relics(one from each book). No more than one big gun on your knight.

Not only will it be a pretty well rounded and functional list, but it will only be a couple of swapped in units(and perhaps the knight's hopefully-magnitized arms) away from being a hard as fuck competitive list, so it's pretty easy to pack everything you need for both and be ready for either type of game should someone ask for a pick-up at the flgs or wherever.
>>
>>46007168
Maybe I could give it to a SkyClaws squad, with the purpose of trying to blow up the transport and than assault what's inside
The problem, other than the BS, is that all the claws units are made to assault, so in the case the melta isn't able to blow the vehicle up they become useless for that turn (I could give the WG a power fist, but than it really becomes too expensive and go against the purpose of having an horde SW army)

But that's not really a problem. This list was just made on a whim after someone in another general asked what kind of army a SW horde one would be, and as long both I and my opponent have fun I don't really care winning
Thanks for the suggestion anyway
>>
How much arty is enough arty? 1 Basilisk per Russ?
>>
>>46007310
>>Potential
3/6 of the powers being extremely good is better than most of the other psychic power pools and even the bad ones can be combo'd in to something useful.
>>
So I read somewhere that GW's copyright claim to their minis is actually pretty weak.

Apparently you can't copyright game pieces in the UK so the crux of GW's copyright claim relies on their product being mini's first and foremost and game pieces second.

Is this true?
>>
>>46007339
1 piece / 2 Wyverns per 750 points.
You should focus points into ignores cover Lascannons to pop transports, *then* pound them with pie plates.
>>
>>46007395
Dude, ask a proper lawyer, not a bunch of internet chucklefucks that have read third- and forth-hand accounts of the case(s).
>>
>>46007485
Have you ever considered that someone who browses this thread could work as a lawyer?
>>
I still want to know what horrible miscommunication led to electropriests being a worthless unit nobody buys instead of a pretty neat independent character.
>>
File: 1430110377387.png (162 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1430110377387.png
162 KB, 1000x800
What's the best way to make an only mecha Tau list?
This basically meaning only units like Crisis Suits, Riptide, etc...
I've played around with some options, but I'm not too great at list building.
>>
>>46007563
Then you are retarded.

It is okay though as that is a preliminary requirement for Far Sight Enclave players.

So Enjoy your FSE and OSC but don't forget your Stormsurge.
>>
>>46007524
Yeah, I'm sure a lawyer is going to look up legal information just for free. That's totally a thing they do.
>>
>>46007528
Probably a designer thinking that bit of fluff about skitarii walking to battles applies to cultmech too. With a transport they could be useable, but short-ranged footslogging units just don't work this edition (ZM aside).
>>
>>46007590
>my LGS is in an upper class neighborhood
>us peasents drive 20-30 minutes
>Doctors and Lawyers drive 5 minutes in Maseraties, Jaguars and Benzs
>Each doctor and each lawyer weighted in on my On the Job injury.
>They always insist on buying the drinks when we go to the bar next door
>>
>>46007588
Why so aggressive friend, did you lose to a Tau player recently? I just like mechs is all.
>>
>>46007590
>Lawyers are not normal people with interests that have the ability to use their professional knowledge outside their job.
>They're a subhuman species that of man things that live off money and the broken dreams of their clients
No one is expecting a professional report.
>>
>>46007611

If they were independent characters like they were in 2nd edition they'd be fine! Add to skittles or Breachers for some CC punch, or hell: Martial artists focus on speed and agility, right? Give 'em Dunestrider and have them charge into battle at the head of an Infiltrator or Ruststalker unit.
>>
Hey, so I very recently was able to get all the models I need for my army but I have never really made a 'list' for actual play.

Now I'm not a noob per say, I've been in to 40K fluff for several years and I have both watched games at my local store and hung out there and gotten to know some of the staff, I have just only recently gotten the free time and models I need.

I have the absolute base-line needed for my (small)army of Space Marines and a few extra units. I would like some advice on if/what additional units and models I should get and what gear choices I should use for my units or if I got my choices right the first try

Full list of my models incoming
>>
File: bait.png (121 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
121 KB, 622x626
>>46007563
>>
>>46007652
No but there is a very obvious way to build a full mech army for Tau and you are being dumb if you "can't figure it out".
>Commander with drones as HQ
>Crisis Suits for Troops
>A broadside or two
>Need the Riptide
>Throw drones all over the board

Then you build the Optimized Stealth Cadre on top of that so you can play no games while you play no games.
>>
File: 1454382275143.gif (927 KB, 410x282) Image search: [Google]
1454382275143.gif
927 KB, 410x282
>>46007275
>mfw no more Weakened Resolve on IG psykers
>mfw no more Psychic Shriek on an Ld. 2 unit/model
>>
>>46007563

Make up a Dawn Blade detachment, and it'll have you covered for most eventualities. The one downside being that it's a bit tricky to fit Ghostkeel units into a legal dawn blade, or indeed the Forge World suits. For those, just take a FSE combined arms detachment. Crisis troops, then:

Commander and named characters HQ

Riptide, Ghostkeel and Stealth Suit elites

Y'vahra, Hazard and Drone fast attack (you're going to have a lot of drones in your army anyhow, and independent units of them is a great way to squeeze in markerlights. Personally, I find Remora Drone Fighters sufficiently fluffy to include too, but that's up to you.)

R'varna and Broadside heavy support.

And of course, one shitty looking unfluffy Lord of War, and the slightly superior forge world version. Both of which will put people off playing against you.
>>
>>46007563
Farsight enclaves for crisis suits as troops, the formations are considered extra cheesy so leave them alone for now.

Crudely for listbuilding you'll want something to kill horde infantry (burst cannon/flamer crisis), something to kill 2+ save infantry (plasma crisis, ion riptide, rail broadside), something to kill light vehicles (missile broadsides, burst cannon riptide, bonus missiles on crisis), something to kill aircraft (also missile broadsides) and something to kill AV14 (fusion crisis or ghostkeel). Finally tau also want markerlights (marker drone unit with a drone controller commander). That give you a start?
>>
>>46007395
That's basically it, GW's platform is that they provide collectors' items first, and game pieces second. Everyone knows it's that way so that they don't lose money and nobody really cares to call them out on it
>>
>>46007687
My models and what I currently have them with

Space marine Captain-Lightning claw and plasma pistol, Artificer armour
Command squad-Veteran Sergeant w plasma rifle, Apothecary, Standard bearer w power fist, Company champion with storm shield and powersword, 1 veteran with bolter or Meltagun

Space marine librarian-Force staff, bolter, Psyker level 2

Venerable Dreadnought-Plasma cannon, Dread fist, Storm bolter

Ironclad dreadnought-Seismic hammer, Hurricane bolter

Rhino-No upgrades

Devastator squad-4 marines, 1 sergeant, 2 heavy bolter, 1 plasma cannon, 1 rocket launcher, Sergeant has plasma pistol and markerlight

Terminator squad-4 Termies, 1 sergeant, 3 with storm-bolters, 1 with assault cannon, sergeant has power sword and stormbolter

Scout squad-4 scouts 1 sergeant, 1 heavy bolter, 2 sniper rifles, 1 bolter, sergeant has bolt pistol and CC weapon

2 tactical squads- Squad one:9 marines, 1 veteran sergeant, Flamer, Sergeant has stormbolter and chainsword
Squad two: 8 marines 1 Sergeant, Plasma gun, Rocket launcher, Sergeant has bolt pistol and chainsword

So, heres the list

What other models should I get? What further upgrades should I use? Did I fuck up anywhere?
>>
>>No.46005528
Warp Spiders have special packs that allow them to move in the Movement phase like Jump Packs, and in the Assault phase like Jet Packs with the "downside" of potentially losing some to the warp.

Highly mobile unit with a practically short ranged autocannon. Somewhat durable as well.
>>
>>46007932
What Chapter are you playing?
Some Chapter Tactics are built around.

What about armies you face often?
Or even a play style you are looking for.
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
For the worst troop choice in the game.
>bs3
>t3 4+
>no special rules
>no special weapons
>shitty s5 ap5 weapons
>9ppm
>>
File: Retard.png (128 KB, 584x640) Image search: [Google]
Retard.png
128 KB, 584x640
>>46008004
Stop being a retard and read the rules first before you go spouting shit in the internet.
>>
>>46008101
Noice bait m8
that isn't a fookin breacher Fire warrior you cumguzzling shitstain...
>>
>>46008101
That's not a crisis suit.
>22 points per model
>Doesn't even have a gun
>>
>>46008072
Original chapter or Imperial fists still deciding

Most common armies I see at the store being played are Chaos Mehreens, Daemons, Tau and other Space marines

As for play style, I kinda want mechanized space marines, Mobile with heavy hitters and tank destruction, good at defense

Again new to actaully playing, so sorry if that strategy description sounds retarded
>>
>>46008162
They're the worst "elite" choice.
>>
>>46008199
Not if you paint them red.
>>
>>46008224
>army of useless ~50ppm marines
Wew
>>
Jesus you anti tau shits have horrible fucking bait
Kill yourselves
>>
{spoiler]BLIND GRENADES STANDARD WARGEAR[/spoiler]
>>
File: bait.png (75 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
75 KB, 625x626
>>46008348
>blind requires I test
>every army is i4 or better
>>
>>46008163
>Original chapter
You can fluff it anyway you want but unless you are refereing to Ultramarines as "original chapter"

Iron Hands make for a good durable SM army.
Are you aware there are forgeworld chapters as well. I have never heard of anyone refusing to play against them but the list is on 1d4chan.

I don't like footslogging Dreadnaughts. I like putting them in drop pods and using them as a suicide precision strike. One MM/Powerfist Dread can ruin back line heavy support.

You can just run a Demi Company with what you have so it would be best to run that at lower points (~1000) and get a feel for the game.
>>
>>46008373
>You can fluff it anyway you want but unless you are refereing to Ultramarines as "original chapter"
you have to pick a chapter for their tactics.

For imp-fists Sternguard in Drop Pods are amaze-balls. Pop-out, drop the target with combis and switch back to bolters.
>>
>>46008366
>>46008348

If you've gotten with 8" of a Tau gunline and it's their shooting phase, Blind grenades are the least of your worries.
>>
Are Dark Angels a good chapter for a beginner, or should I look into other chapters? Right now, Blood Angels, Imperial Fists, and Dark Angels are the ones I'm interested in.

Also, do the successor chapters get the same benefits as the main chapter? So if I wanted to play as Angels of Absolution would it basically be like playing Dark Angels?
>>
>>46007748
>>46007750
Yes, this is the advice I needed. Thank you.
>>
File: Tyranid (1).jpg (9 KB, 318x242) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid (1).jpg
9 KB, 318x242
>>46004648
That's not true...
>>
>>46008366
>Playing against Necrons
>Using Eldar
>Three squads of Swooping Hawks, all Exarchs have Sunrifles
>Enjoy your three I2 blind tests a turn, you metal assholes
>>
>>46008446
Blood angels are widely considered weaker than the other two. Dark angels should be solid for a beginner.

Yep, that sounds fine, playing successor chapters with their parent's rules is really common (it's basically explicitly said you can in the chapter tactics rules).
>>
>>46008446
>Are Dark Angels a good chapter for a beginner, or should I look into other chapters?

DA are good. You have the bonus of cheap-o Dark Vengeance models IF you don't mind monopose models.

Blood Angels are not in the best place atm, Imp fists do fine as do most Codex: Space Marine chapters.

>Also, do the successor chapters get the same benefits as the main chapter? So if I wanted to play as Angels of Absolution would it basically be like playing Dark Angels?

Yes unless you get specific rules from, say, Forgeworld you use your parent chapter's tactics.
I mage my own Dark Angel Successor.
>>
>>46008101
>bs3
>elite marksman
>need robots to tell them where to point gun
>same bs as a grot

Laughinggrots.jpg
>>
File: 12602096728.jpg (22 KB, 234x269) Image search: [Google]
12602096728.jpg
22 KB, 234x269
>>46008562
>inb4 bs2 grots in next codex
>>
>>46008562
Wait, I had an idea

hear me out guys hear me

I'm about to suggest something REVOLUTIONARY here

What if... what if to balance orks...

We gave grots pulse rifles as standard?
>>
File: 1456719506857.jpg (6 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
1456719506857.jpg
6 KB, 249x203
>>46008600
Who need to do a leadership test before they can select a target otherwise they fall back
>>
>>46008678
Probably wouldn't help to much.

What might be nice would be giving some vehicles Grot Gunners so they're BS 3 instead of BS 2.
>>
>>46008525
>>46008492
Thanks a bunch. I haven't played in ages, but there's a bunch of hobby stores near me that have dedicated nights to 40k so I'm looking at jumping back in.

I think I'll stick to the Angels of Absolution. Their color scheme is pretty neat and easy enough to paint.
>>
>>46008725
But then they would have to make a Leadership test every time they lost a hull point or count as Crew Stunned.
>>
File: AoV Fluff.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
AoV Fluff.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46008727
Good luck.
My Successor is the Angels of Vindication.
Shamelessly posting the fluff I have. People tend to get triggered if I post my old game photos.

I am bringing my DA vs Ultras today actually.
>>
>>46008127
>...move in the Movement phase like Jump Packs
>...and in the Assault phase like Jet Packs

Quit being a sperglord. Christ, if it isn't verbatim from the text you HAVE to be right.
>>
>>46008777
Don't see why. The current Grot gunners rule doesn't have anything of the sort, and Grot riggers doesn't have that problem.
>>
>>46008822

Take a look at the Cowardly Grots! rule for Killa Kanz.
>>
>>46008854
Only applies to casualties for vehicles that are actually driven by Grots instead of operating the guns.

Not even Killa Kan grots freak out when they take a Hullpoint of damage.
>>
>considering necrons for second army
>They have stupid looking head plates and their new fluff is retarded
>>
What's the most interesting army to play against. Eldars, tau or necrons?
>>
>>46007748
if you want to play farsight dawn blade detatchment you cannot play ghostkeels and/or stormsurges without relying on at least 3 units of firewarriors.
>>
>>46008101
i know that using white as the background is standard but man that white balance is turned up too high and i can hardly make out the model

>>46008366
it helps against orks, guard, sisters, skittles/cult mech and possibly inquistion. which depending on the unit ya might need

>>46009025
i would argue that eldar have the widest range of play styles followed by necrons and tau

>>46006279
i'll take your word for it, i used kairos once but against a knight titan, dreadknights and paladin deathstar he didn't amount to much. i usually use keepers and in an upcoming game i'll be using a bloodthrister. as for reroll the warp storm, i usually don't get much if anything and incursion provides +/- 1
>>
>>46009030
>you cannot play ghostkeels and/or stormsurges
You can. Just take their formations as allies
>>
>>46009239
Forgot necrons are all the same initiative as orks.
>>
>>46009030
still lets you pick shitty formations as a have to auxillary. sadly the farsight enclaves detatchment is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>46009025
I'd say Eldar for sheer variety, followed by Tau for some of their less cheesy lists where they actually have to think. I haven't played many necron armies, though durable footsloggers aren't usually too interesting.
>>
File: 1433947698334.gif (3 MB, 684x340) Image search: [Google]
1433947698334.gif
3 MB, 684x340
Hi gents, I want to buy a 40k vehicle/monster to paint and sell on ebay. What are some good options? I don't play 40k so don't want to buy something that looks cool but sucks ingame. At the moment looking at forgefiends, necron vehicles, or an adeptus mechanicus starter kit. Any advice for stuff that's high in demand and would sell easy on ebay? I have an airbrush so want a nice big kit that is £30-£60.

Cheers dudes!
>>
>>
>>46009563
And?
>>
>>46009583
Just posting minis I like..
>>
>>46009563
>>46009621
Not glorious biel-tan/10
>>
>>46009621
I actually really like that tiled look way more than those star swirls
>>
File: jetbike.jpg (89 KB, 1663x935) Image search: [Google]
jetbike.jpg
89 KB, 1663x935
so I'm planning on adding some free hand markings to the front of my jetbikes. Any good hints on how to not completely fuck this up?
>>
>>46009708
do it in pencil first
>>
>>46005001

I thought so, thank you!
>>
>>46009391
Eldar or Tau are top tier and don't have many bad options, so you probably can't go wrong with them

Space Marines are a classic, but with all the different chapters you enter a tough time selling your paint scheme.

But if I was doing it.
I'd pick Daemons

Really only one "offical" paint scheme per model (no chapters, craftworld, etc.)
No options so all Daemons are WYSIWYG
Cross Game compatibly (40K, KOW, Fantasy, AOS)
>>
File: latera.jpg (57 KB, 375x361) Image search: [Google]
latera.jpg
57 KB, 375x361
>>46009707
Yeah but your army would look like a set of colour swatches. I like both, I want to paint some transcendental/visionary art on something someday (pic related). If anyone has any thoughts on how it could be achieved in a simplified way, im all ears
>>
>>46009818
go harlequins, though you'll probably end up getting garnish colors like that. i say go for it, i have a squad of daemonettes painted up like blanka and my daemons have a wide array of colors
>>
>>46006285
>Butt hurt tau fag
Can't even win a game you outnumber your opponent 4to1.
>>
>>46008980
iktf. I still miss old crons.
>>
>>46010092
>apocalypse game
>point difference is compensated with stratagems
Can't win against cheaters, bro.
>>
File: Retribution-of-Scyrah-2.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Retribution-of-Scyrah-2.jpg
160 KB, 1280x720
Sorry but i'm the guy asking about 40k models so these designs would end up painted on Retribution of Scyrah models (pic related)
>>
File: 1430421623555.jpg (36 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1430421623555.jpg
36 KB, 346x406
>>46010440
>point difference is compensated with stratagems
>>
>>46002793
Best bet, is loyalists.
Other than that I suggest to take min squads
5 CSM plasma Aspie with combi-plasma Rhino (Dozer, dirgecaster)
replace with meltaguns if necessary.
Do not put CC CSM in your list. They are slow, fragile and the cannot charge out of rhino rule dickfucks them. (For your list, I recommend some melta
>>
What are the chances of infiltrators with taser goads and flechette blasters killing a scythed hierodule
>>
>>46009279
Can Tau ally with Tau?
>>
>>46008101
(You)

There you go you little attentionfag.
>>
>>46010767
can't ally with yourself; but you can go CAD, decurion, formation
>>
>>46006581
They're pricey though, and have a habit of coming back and killing my own guy.

Source: Run plasma Champions.
>>
>>46010699
Well the Flechette Blasters can't touch the T8 Hierodules at all.
>>
>>46010767
Farsight Enclaves can Ally with Tau Empire, which is just as good in most cases.

Why are you looking to do so?
>>
>>46010823
>can't ally with yourself
Well shit.
Now how am I supposed to run 6 Wraithlords.
>>
>>46009030

I try to ally in an OSC, but it's pretty hard to fit 3 keels and 12 stealth suits in and still have room for both Ret Cadre and an Auxilliary.

And no, I can't just take less stealth suits: I don't really believe in taking minimum "tax" units.

Otherwise yeah, pretty much the only option is a CAD. There's not really any good way to take multiple stealth suit units of either variety in a Farsight list. Or really any at all honestly.
>>
>>46011643
>don't really believe in taking minimum "tax" units
That's your problem. Don't play tau.
>>
>>46011623
People really need to learn how the army comp works in 7th. How long has it been?

The only time you ever use the ally chart is figuring out how different detachments interact with eachother.
You can take any number of any type of detachment, as long as you follow the restriction.
the "Allied Detachment" has the restriction where it cant be the same faction as your primary (the detachment with your warlord).

absolutely nothing is stopping you from taking another non-"Allied detachment" of the same faction.
For example, a CAD, a stand alone formation, or a meta-formation detachment
>>
>>46003933
>Do you think the Necrons are mindless killing machines?
That's exactly what they used to be.
>>
>>46011786
and why they were a hopelessly boring faction that belonged in the npc corner.
>>
>>46007311

>dude makes a great post concerning the "great terror" of formations
>gets no replies

heh /tg/ in a nutshell, just keep ignoring posts that actually makes sense, and imagine yourself right in that the WarConvo is the cheesiest shit ever.
>>
>>46008479
But you can take grossly over priced GMC to get the Death stomp.
Seriously what are you complaining about buy more flyrants
>>
>>46011812
>and why an interesting take on the "Inscrutable Alien" theme and an intriguing faction that belonged in the grim-dark setting of 40k.
ftfy
>>
>>46011877
WarConvo is still incredibly cheesy. But you can take sub-optimal choices to tone things down.
But that's the same of any unbalanced or overpowered option.
>>
>>46011773

Dude, your talking to /tg/, the forum that still sits around and nags about "their codex" not being good enough, kek.
Trust me, the day /tg/ figure out about allies, and building lists out side the box, is the day hell freezes over.
>>
>>46012059

>Things that are underexplained and will never be elaborated on are "mysterious" and deep rather than lazy as shit

HP Lovecraft was a hack.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.