[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system could run a game like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: aL2Gg3W_700b_v2.jpg (67 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
aL2Gg3W_700b_v2.jpg
67 KB, 700x525
Saw a funny picture and thought my group could use a good joke game, thinking about having them all play elderly citizens, but keep the whole class based system and whatnot, is there something like this?
>>
>>46002667
Do an adventure where six old folks at a nursing home discover a macguffin and embark on a cross-country quest to recover it.
>>
>>46002869
But what system? dungeon world? D&D gran gran edition?
>>
>>46002667
Most systems can do it. Even Pathfinder and D&D have rules to represent elder people.
For example, in Pathfinder, just change the base characteristics the following way:
>At middle age, –1 to Str, Dex, and Con and +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
>At old age, –2 to Str, Dex, and Con and +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
>At venerable age, –3 to Str, Dex, and Con and +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Obviously, the problem with this is balance: spell casters will be A LOT more powerful than other classes, even more than usual, for obvious reasons. You could perfectly homerule it by generalizing the malus to EVERY characteristics, as elder people often tend to loose their cognitive capabilities. Then, playing elder people would simply mean playing character with very low base stats.
It would probably a bit boring without a DM to make it interesting narratively, though.
>>
>>46002667
Just pick a system and go. Like who gives a fuck, it's a just for fun game!
Grab whatever system your players are most familiar/comfortable with and go nuts.
>>
>>46003441
That's the DnD ruling. It's still bad in Pathfinder. Just such a weaksauce system for age. Bluuuuuh.
>>
>>46002667
I would say GURPS, but unless there is magic involved every class but the assassin is going to have a bit of trouble being useful in combat.
>>
>>46003473
That probably IS the point, looking at OP's pic
>>
>>46003441
make them roll higher to remember their spells based on their age.

if they roll high, they get the spell, and it's amazing and awesome. like apple pie and baseball.

if they roll low, they might just conjure some applesauce, or newspaper clippings.

on a 1 they shit their pants and have to be changed.
>>
>>46003501
So, basically, just a random fest?

Funny ideas though
>>
>>46003473
This.

Combat would be amazing to witness.
>>
>>46002988
>D&D gran gran edition?
Grannies 'n 'Guffins
>>
File: 1449839911448.jpg (39 KB, 323x267) Image search: [Google]
1449839911448.jpg
39 KB, 323x267
>>46002667
>>
>>46003441
I would solve it by letting elderly fightan man types use wisdom or intelligence in some way to benefit their attacks.

Also, some sort of malus/ailment system, where the less strength and con you had to start with, the more negative bonuses you get based on ailments that come with age.
>>
>>46003683
Really good ideas, especially the second one
>>
>>46003441
>following those rules and not statting a character up as normal
>>
>>46004287
Nobody uses those rules, but if you're looking for rules about age, they do exist.
>>
>>46003473
GURPS, low-point total, 10% of pints must be spent on Disadvantages, Tactical Combat
>>
>>46003473
Depends. If she's elderly enough, she might be defaulting on her Guns (Pistol) roll. She'd have to roll her 3d6 under 6 with DX10. Or under 10 if she has a single point in Guns. And then there are range penalties. And it'd be even worse if she's nearsighted.
>>
I can see it now, they're all just in a supermarket having to fetch some hemorrhoid cream or something, they go up to the counter and none of them have money, then the assassin just shoots the clerk and they book it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.