[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is "Classic" Charisma?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Guitar Solo.jpg (5 KB, 235x212) Image search: [Google]
Guitar Solo.jpg
5 KB, 235x212
I remember reading on here that the second generation of Tabletop Gamers saw that Bards had high Charisma and used to mind rape NPCs. Guy didn't explain what Charisma actually was, so I gotta ask the question. What is "Classic Charisma"?
Was it supposed to be more of a overtime you can get that guy to defect to your side kind of thing, more of an ability to haggle, or just a general aura of seemingly friendliness or leadership?
>>
>>45995707
Imagine you have a fourteen inch cock.

Pretty much act like that and you'll understand Charisma.
>>
>>45995770
I had the idea that that was current day Charisma. Sex and Mindrape mostly.
>>
>>45995815
You are not getting it

it's about the aura you project on other people, confidence, wit and bravado
>>
>>45995907
That makes much more sense thanks. You gotta admit though having a 14 inch cock points in a different direction initially man.
>>
>>45995770
Honestly it's pretty shit.

Pretty much everyone acts like you are just well endowed, with no other characteristics whatsoever. The only reason people hang out with you is to fuck you or to talk about having a 'real man' as a friend.
>>
>>45995770
>>45996054
>>45996433
No lies, only guys I've ever met with dicks bigger than 10 inches were all gay. And I mean *hard* gay.
>>
>>45996752
It's because it's really hard to find a girl who'll sleep with you more than twice/doesn't get physically hurt by the size.
>>
>>45996979
[Obligatory "Your Mom" joke]
>>
>>45996752
How many of them were black? I wanna know if what they say is true
>>
>>45997104
1 Jamaican, 1 Italian, 1 Brazilian and surprisingly 1 chinese guy.
>>
>>45995707
Charisma is supposed to be force of personality. High charisma doesn't mean you're pretty or likable, remember that intimidate and deception are CHA based too. What high charisma does give you is the ability to make people notice and pay attention to you and the capability to do something with that attention. You might make them respect you, you might make hate you, they might even be scared of you, but you have shaped their view of you in some way through the sheer force of your character.
>>
>>45996752
I don't find the relevance this has on the situation.

Having a big dick is having a big dick, whether you stick it in men or women doesn't mean you do not have a big dick.
>>
>>45998157
So... Trump has god-tier charisma then?
>>
>>45999486
Yup. Middling wis and shit-tier int though.
>>
>>45999620
>implying Trump drinks his own Kool-Aid

Trump doesn't really believe what he's saying though. He's running pure Bluff checks and passing them all because the DC is so low.
>>
>>45999784
Whether he believes his campaign platform or not, he's still not a terribly bright man.
>>
>>45999784
Still doesn't make him a particularly bright man. His assets are money (he started the game with a lot) and the willingness and lack of provable culpability to liquidate companies. It leads to lots of personal wealth but it doesn't actually increase the economy in a meaningful sense.
>>
Charisma basically translated to "gifted (as by God)". It represents certain ineffable qualities in a character. Basically, it's a stat for things that matter that you can't measure. This interpretation actually serves pretty well in D&D through AD&D 2E. For example, the first appearance of Baba Yaga actually gave her very negative charisma (because she was powerful, but unholy).

It's used quite frequently to represent force of will, animal magnetism, force of personality, and other intangibles that bind others to a character as a leader. This can be seen as a special kind of "gift" as it would be understood above, but has become the dominant understanding of the stat.

It's also been frequently related to appearance. When a lot of SoCal scene was trying to "fix" OD&D (because it was a half-finished draft in many respects), stats for appearance were a frequent addition. COMELINESS eventually made it's way into D&D as an optional rule that modified initial reactions. In between you also had a lot of weird hybrid systems like CHA XX/YY, which mean the character had CHA XX when dealing with most people, but CHA YY when dealing with the opposite sex (or anyone likely to be attracted to them). There are some editors who have tried to move hard away from this usage (because, for example, Baba Yaga is certainly no looker), but there are others who use vestigial aspects of it like having uglier people get -2 to CHA checks and handsomer people get +2. That sort of thing.

So it's basically leader-ish qualities, but really any kind of mark of divine favor, sometimes including apperance.
>>
>>45996752
Mabye you go into the wrong bars.
>>
>>46002021
>Going to bars
What am I, single?
>>
>>46002094
You're on /tg/, right?
>>
>>46002541
Waifu-trapped isn't single exactly. It's its own special inescapable purgatory.

Also, going to bars would imply he regularly leaves the house to visit a public place occupied by people to interact with. This is tg nigga, we're not r9k, but I'd imagine the rate is still >70%.
>>
>>45999901
>>46000262
>>45999784
>>45999620
You can criticize him for his policies and behavior all you want, but the guy has an IQ of ~140 and anybody who can play the media like a fiddle as well as he has is going to be of above average intelligence.
>>
>>45995707
Focusing on something like Intimidate for the sake of brevity. At least how I interpret it, "passing" an intimidate check would mean that you made a person legitimately fear for their life through non-physical means. Sure, holding a knife to someone's throat would probably make an Intimidate check easier, but that's not using charisma.

The best example I can think of at the moment is Ronald Speirs from Band of Brothers. Everybody was afraid of Speirs because of the stories they heard about him, despite none of them ever bearing witness to such things. Speirs carefully maintained this image, neither confirming or denying anything. He realized that people believing he would shoot one of his own officers or mow down a group of POWs was much more powerful than him simply telling people that he actually did those things.

In short, Charisma, for the purposes of Intimidation, is about having people believe that you will do horrible things to them, without actually demonstrating your ability to do so.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.